PDA

View Full Version : Homework help please - need interview questions. Thanks.

W63L35
27th April 2008, 22:06
My nephew is in 10 grade and needs some homework help. For his journalism class, he need to find a person who plays an extreme sport or has a unique hobby then interview him and write a 3-page paper based on that interview (or just publish the interview).

He found an umreekan kid (a 10th grade student also 15-16 year old) and he has following three hobbies (3 in 1)!

1) Competative level stake boarding.
2) Juggling - he is very good juggler and does it on the parties and picnic etc.
3) Painter/artist - he is a competitive level painter.

He wants to design skate-boarding parks/rinks as profession.
Here is a skate boarding video - its not his;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVapCOkLBy4

So..... the help we need is, with the interview questions. Can you guys please come up with a some interesting questions to ask this umeerikan multi-talented kid?

Thanks a bunch.

P.S. We already have this question down:
"yeh shaouq aap ko kab say hua?" :P

W63L35
27th April 2008, 22:09
Merc, with your experience with interviews, I better not be disappointed! :D

12thMan
27th April 2008, 22:14
Is it right for people to skateboard in multi-level parking lots, streets, stairs/railings etc? There are not many skateboarding parks around and it is a chore to get to them but to get better people do the above and it is more dangerous than parks and causes inconvenience for others

How many broken bones or worst injury?

your best stakeboarding skill?

Any plans to qualify for X-Games?

Can he juggle eggs?

dblock
27th April 2008, 22:15
What is your motivation?
Who are your role models?

Oxy
27th April 2008, 22:21
When I see anyone skateboarding in Shopping Centres etc, I want them to fall off, and preferably get damaged.

Are skateboarders aware of this feeling of animosity towards them?

W63L35
27th April 2008, 22:25
Funny...... he had a knee surgery to too long ago... and started to skate again.

Oxy.... what kind of "animosity" - if he asks? Well, then he must not be aware of it but just for my info.

Oxy
27th April 2008, 22:38
Oxy.... what kind of "animosity" - if he asks? Well, then he must not be aware of it but just for my info.Basically, 'normal' passers by want the skateboarders to fall, so we can laugh at them, and then step over them.

[NB : I wouldnt laugh at a skateboarder skating in a skate-park. Then I would help him up and offer him a bite of my sandwich or sip of my Diet Sprite etc - its just the ones that skate in my 'personal space']

Saj
27th April 2008, 23:18
Whats the strangest thing you have ever juggled?

Whats the most expensive thing you have broken whilst juggling?

W63L35
27th April 2008, 23:25
Some very very good questions.... please keep them coming! :19:

12thMan
27th April 2008, 23:33
Thank you :)

Straight Bat
27th April 2008, 23:37
How many hours do you practice each hobby?

How do you make sure that your hobbies don't clash with other aspects of your life, such as family commitments and studies?

12thMan
27th April 2008, 23:48
What kind of painting do you do? Is it water based, oil or crayons

pakistani_banda
28th April 2008, 00:50
are u some kind of a freak or just a really talented kid of whom kids r jealous of ??

also are u popular at school due to ur talents?

W63L35
28th April 2008, 00:57
are u some kind of a freak or just a really talented kid of whom kids r jealous of ??

He is REALLY REALLY talented - so I guess this question may be out! :)

also are u popular at school due to ur talents?
Good question!

W63L35
28th April 2008, 19:08
Any more ideas guys?

SameerM
28th April 2008, 19:11
do u play cricket?

had any injuries?

are u mad?

pakistani_banda
29th April 2008, 05:25
do u play cricket?

had any injuries?

are u mad?

y does everyone have to play cricket ???

12thMan
29th April 2008, 05:28
Any more ideas guys?
you need more ideas??? how is your nephew going to do homework? let him add his own questions as that is the real deal/paper be it asking him "what does he think about when painting? ... does he paint objects or imagination ... or ... what does he wear when skating" etc

You are making it sound like it is your homework or you want to impress niece/nephew very much. I am here to help but hten what wil happen when they ask you why they have only 2 legs

Like I have heard from a kid and it seemed like it was taught in school 'Use your imagination!"

W63L35
2nd May 2008, 20:49
you need more ideas??? how is your nephew going to do homework?
let him add his own questions as that is the real deal/paper be it asking him "what does he think about when painting? ... does he paint objects or imagination ... or ... what does he wear when skating" etc

You are making it sound like it is your homework or you want to impress niece/nephew very much. I am here to help but hten what wil happen when they ask you why they have only 2 legs

Like I have heard from a kid and it seemed like it was taught in school 'Use your imagination!"
:)) :))

No, its not my home work but I definitely want to impress the kid! :P
But seriously, poor kid is involved in 100 activities - like student council, jazz band, theater, science club, speech club, etc. He does not have time. I was just trying to help out to save a couple of hours - so that he can go to bed at midnight instead of 2:00 am which he does due to homework and stuff! Thats all. He'll have to do the interview himself, type up the paper/interview. Nobody can help him for that.