PDA

View Full Version : What you will never see in the US media

Big Daddy
2nd May 2008, 08:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ3fK_q9brk&feature=related

SameerM
2nd May 2008, 14:14
u'll never here/read that the Wars on Iraq TWICE and Afghanistan, were ALL about OIL and OPIUM.

U'll never here the USA media, saying how they are acting like Hitler and take over countries in the name of democracy and then ruin the country and then leave!

Informer
3rd May 2008, 00:08
Mark Klusener, the cousin of Lance has been arrested by Israeli police. His crime was to say that Zionism is worse than apartheid. His radio station was shut down.

I read many of Mark Kluseners articles in South Africa and he writes what he sees. The man has no hidden agendas like most journalists. He was locked up in South Africa for holding hands with an Indian women under South Africas notorious 'immoralty act', a law that jailed people across the colour line falling in love.

Neither CNN or BBC have reported this arrested. I am sure that both BBC and CNN would have been very vocal if the Palestinians arrested Klusener

See link below

Klusener arrested by Israeli police (http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?from=rss_South%20Africa&set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20080409055726752C440397)

------------------------------------------------------

SA journalist under house arrest
Sapa
April 09 2008 at 07:45AM

South African journalist Mark Klusener has been ordered to pay 25 000 shekels (about R53 555) in bail and has been placed under house arrest by a court in Jerusalem, his wife, Peroshni Govender, says.

Speaking from Jerusalem shortly after his court appearance, Govender said her husband, news director of 93.6 Ram FM, was not permitted to have any contact with the six other journalists and technicians of the radio station arrested with him or to "organise gatherings or meet with other people".

He was permitted to have contact only with his lawyers.

The other employees are Israelis and bail for them was set at 10 000 shekels (about R21 400) each.

They are the station manager, two disc jockeys, a technician and two journalists.

Ram FM is an English-language radio station set up to foster dialogue between Israelis and Palestinians.

The ministry of communications closed the South African-backed station's Jerusalem studio on Monday, saying it did not have a licence to broadcast. Ram FM denies it has broken the law.

"The legalities of Monday's detention of staff members and seizure of equipment are being examined by the station's legal team," the station said on its website.

Govender said it was not clear whether her husband could speak to his family.

It was understood the court had agreed to house arrest only after an Israeli citizen stood surety for Klusener and promised he would not leave Israel.

Shortly after 2pm the station announced on air that the seven employees had been released.

It did not give further details, but Reuters reports that they are to be under house arrest for a week while police continue their investigation.

"Now (Klusener) can do the house work," Govender joked.

The station is continuing to broadcast from its main studio in the Palestinian West Bank city of Ramallah.

Its news editor, Xolani Gwala, also a South African, watched the police raid from Ramallah on a monitor linking the two studios.

"We saw them (dismantling) the studio," he said.

He said eight people were initially arrested, but one of them, an administrative assistant, was released at 10pm on Monday.

"It seems that one of the frequencies in Jerusalem is a pirate frequency or had not been registered with (the authorities)," Govender told Sapa earlier.

She said that, as the news director, her husband "doesn't have anything to do with the technical stuff".

She was initially denied access to her husband, but was later able to see him, she said.

Klusener was held at a police station for four hours before being informed that he was to be charged with running a pirate radio station.

His lawyer told Govender her husband was handcuffed and was wearing leg irons.

He spent Monday night sleeping on the floor of a cell with eight or nine other prisoners.

Govender was prevented from taking him chocolate and food.

"I was not allowed to give it to him. I wanted him to keep his sugar levels up."

Klusener was deeply concerned about the employees arrested with him.

Established by the South African company Primedia, Ram FM is Palestinian-licensed, but broadcasts throughout Israel and Palestine. It describes itself as apolitical.

Primedia Limited, which has a 15 percent stake, said it could not immediately comment on the arrests.

South Africa's department of foreign affairs said on Monday night that the embassy in Tel Aviv had not been told of the reasons for the arrest, but would remain in contact with the Israeli authorities to seek consular access and find an amicable solution.

Foreign affairs spokesperson Ronnie Mamoepa said on Tuesday that Klusener was comfortable.

Oxy
3rd May 2008, 00:26
Not allowed to say these things against Zionism or Israel.

Their 'lobbies' will have you compared to Hitler - and all the 'guilt trips' that will evoke.

switchblade
3rd May 2008, 00:34
Israel is the second most racist country in the world..first is China.

At least Israel's crimes are out for the entire world to see - they are not reported in american media - but thats a different issue.

Chinese slaughter of 1.2 million Tibetans and even more number of Uighurs is ingored by every1 just coz they are too powerful. Further more, no one pursues a policies of state sponsored eugenics and racism like China does.

China has occupied two sovereign nations - Tibet and Xin Jiang - and has eyes over entire north-eastern India. If they have their way, they would want to enslave entire Asia.. Our Pakistani friends might think of some wierd Sino-Pakistani bhai bhai concepts, but frankly, Chinese HAN are nobody's friends... they only want their interests at any cost.

Indians and Pakistanis better stick together against China for the long term security of South Asia, not the other way round. In territorial greediness, nothing tops Chinese just like nothing beats a pig in gluttony. Or else, we'll see a re-colonization of India and Pak by the Ch**ks in the not too distant future.

3rd May 2008, 00:47
More alarming than what goes on in Israel is the grip that the Jews have on America.

They control the media and the money and along with that every single politician.

But my boy Barack ... well ... I think he's a got a little surprise planned for the Jews.

Things will CHANGE when Obama becomes president.

kablooee87
3rd May 2008, 01:03
More alarming than what goes on in Israel is the grip that the Jews have on America.

They control the media and the money and along with that every single politician.

But my boy Barack ... well ... I think he's a got a little surprise planned for the Jews.

I'm not holding my breath.

Oxy
3rd May 2008, 01:49
I'm not holding my breath.

Neither am I.

I think the working class blacks might be the 1st to see that

Informer
3rd May 2008, 02:08

In AIPAC speech, Obama repeats support for Israel, peace talks

link below

In AIPAC speech, Obama repeats support for Israel, peace talks (http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/832668.html)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In AIPAC speech, Obama repeats support for Israel, peace talks

By Shmuel Rosner, Haaretz Correspondent

United States Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama reiterated his support for Israel on Friday, while at the same time calling on the U.S. to make a concerted effort to revive the peace process.

"Our job is to rebuild the road to real peace and lasting security throughout the region," Obama said during a speech to the American Israel Public Affairs Committee in Chicago. "Our job is to do more than lay out another road map."

"That effort begins with a clear and strong commitment to the security of Israel: Our strongest ally in the region and its only established democracy," he added. "That will always be my starting point."
Advertisement

In what may have been a veiled reference to reports of American opposition to Israeli negotations with Syria, Obama said: "We should never seek to dictate what is best for the Israelis and their security interests. No Israeli prime minister should ever feel dragged to or blocked from the negotiating table by the United States."

The Illinois senator also called for continued American military assistance to Israel. "We must preserve our total commitment to our unique defense relationship with Israel by fully funding military assistance and continuing work on the Arrow and related missile defense programs," he said.

Obama added that he was concerned about the Palestinian unity government accord.

Turning to Iran, the presidential hopeful called for direct engagement with the Islamic republic over its nuclear program.

"We need the United States to lead tough-minded diplomacy," he said. "This includes direct engagement with Iran similar to the meetings we conducted with the Soviets at the height of the Cold War."

"Tough-minded diplomacy would include real leverage through stronger sanctions," Obama continued. "It would mean more determined U.S diplomacy at the United Nations. It would mean a cooperative strategy with Gulf States who supply Iran with much of the energy resources it needs. It would mean full implementation of U.S. sanctions laws."

Obama blamed what he called the Administration's failed strategy in Iraq for strengthening the Iranian position, placing "Israel and other nations friendly to the United States in greater peril."

McBoom
3rd May 2008, 02:21
Democrats are seriously pro-Israeli. In this interview Obama at one place says that they sould never impose their will on Israel and at the same time maintains that they should have tough-minded diplomacy and supports the sanctions on Iran. If this isn't the height of hypocrisy then I don't know what is.

the Great Khan
3rd May 2008, 05:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxvO_Z0bFmI&feature=related

check this one out....( be aware bad language is being used in said video)

3rd May 2008, 09:23
Informer .. every politician has to kiss Israeli *** to get elected ... but once in office .. things will be different.

MaVeRiCk
3rd May 2008, 17:40
no they wont ull see, the world will get worse and worse. never forget that