PDA

View Full Version : Mohammad Yousuf Bayan Today (Blackburn)

ataullah
26th May 2008, 02:32
The bayan was today after asar namaz at Blackburn's tablighi markaz. Yousuf talked for about half an hour and made some great points. He said:

We are muslims but don't live a life of a muslim. Dominic Cork said to Yousuf are u the only muslim in Pakistan team? Yousuf said maybe he was joking or said it seriously. The reason why he might have said it is nobody looks like a muslim and we don't practice Islam.

He said he made intention to spend 40 days in tabligh after the world cup but didn't go. Then he got dropped from Pak team and then he went for 40 days..said it was good in a way that he got dropped. Allah opened the way for him to go for 40 days.

He said when he scored 3/4 successive test centuries v Windies, Bravo and Chanderpaul asked him if he is scoring heavily because of the beard :)))
Yousuf said it's all from Allah. They said shave for one series and keep a beard the next series :)

Yousuf also spoke to Brian Lara about Islam. He spoke to Lara for one hour and Lara didn't interrupt Once. At the end of the talk he said i have never seen the people u are talking about in the years i have been touring here (no practicing muslims hardly) He said when we talk to muslims about Islam they say why did u come to us we r muslims etc. Non muslims listen atentively.

He also said whenever i read namaz at Old Trafford, the players turn their music off and remain silent.

It was a great speach and i also met Mohammad Yousuf. He's probz the most humble superstar i have met alongside Saeed Anwar.

Ghoshtbuster
26th May 2008, 02:37
Thanks, nice read.

And good to see the nice joke between him and the West Indies players regarding shaving his beard for one series so he doesnt score!

waquas_uk
26th May 2008, 05:29
i have to agree about him being soo humble he really is.

pakistani pride
26th May 2008, 13:42
He said when he scored 3/4 successive test centuries v Windies, Bravo and Chanderpaul asked him if he is scoring heavily because of the beard
Yousuf said it's all from Allah. They said shave for one series and keep a beard the next series

haha LOL so funny

Saj
26th May 2008, 14:08
Thanks for the writeup ataullah.

I was hoping to meet Yousuf while he was here for his county stint at Lancs, but unfortunately couldnt make it to Old Trafford.

observer1
27th May 2008, 17:14
Hey, he was in Burnley Yesterday and gave a Bayaan.

Man that guy has some sort of Charm about him, You just look at him and know This is some Genuine and Wise Guy.

SameerM
27th May 2008, 18:21
mashallah this guy is great... ps. he's part of tableeqi jamaat yeh? inzi's crew?

these guys doing a great job imo.. reaching people who wouldnt normally be reached