PDA

View Full Version : Bank holiday teenage murders

filosofee
26th May 2008, 23:36
Most recent is Dewsbury boy Amar Aslam:

Amar Aslam, aged 17, was found "brutally" attacked in Crow Nest Park in Dewsbury at 1930 BST on Sunday.

Mr Aslam, of Dewsbury, was found with head injuries in a walled garden by two members of the public.

Two youths aged 15 and a man aged 20 are being questioned by detectives at separate police stations across West Yorkshire.

Police are looking into suggestions the death was linked to a gang fight. They said Mr Aslam, who was Asian, suffered a "sustained and brutal attack".

Dewsbury MP Shahid Malik said the attack was unlikely to have been racially motivated.

He said: "I can now confirm that the three men who are in custody are actually all Asian, which means that the race motive so far, perhaps, is not one that might be the cause of the death."

Det Supt Chris Thompson calls for witnesses to come forward

Det Supt Chris Thompson, who is leading the investigation, refused to say whether a murder weapon had been used. A post-motrtem examination showed he died from head injuries.

"This young man was subjected to a sustained and brutal attack," said Mr Thompson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/7419966.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/7419966.stm

filosofee
26th May 2008, 23:38
But:

Police are investigating whether there is a link between the boy’s death and reports of running battles between two gangs of youths in Crow Nest Park, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire, throughout yesterday afternoon.

A source close to the victim’s family said that the Bank Holiday had been marred by violence between the warring gangs.

The man, who lives in Dewsbury and did not wish to be named, said: “Stuff went on in the park between different gangs of youths during the day. There was fighting between a white gang and a non white gang.

“There is a belief that there may be a link between that and the murder of this young man. It’s possible that what happened to this boy was a continuation of that violence. His family are absolutely distraught.”

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said the possibility of a link would be investigated. He could not say whether there had been any violence reported in the park before the young man’s death. This afternoon three men were arrested in connection with the mrder.

The spokesman said: “We are still looking at a possible motive so we cannot link the boy’s death to anything else at this moment. But we are looking at what happened in the park during the day and whether there may be a link.

“We are looking at whether anything else happened in the park yesterday and if it did whether he was involved in it.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4007714.ece

filosofee
26th May 2008, 23:45
Another family destroyed by knives: Grief-stricken parents' tribute to murdered Harry Potter actor, 18.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-1021645/Another-family-destroyed-knives-Grief-stricken-parents-tribute-murdered-Harry-Potter-actor-18.html

Faisal Akhtar
26th May 2008, 23:58
Yet again my home town Dewsbury is in the headlines for the wrong reasons. I wouldnt be suprised if the suspects arrested are kurds, alot of kurds do live in the area surrounding the park.

Saj
27th May 2008, 01:24
I've heard there are a lot of problems between the Kurdish, white and Asian communities in Dewsbury?

dblock
27th May 2008, 14:01
Another stabbing in London over the Bank Holiday weekend, it's a daily occurence now..and yes Pakistanis are just as involved in it as Blacks, Whites, Kurds, Bengalis, etc...

Oxy
27th May 2008, 19:30
In the prevailing spirit of 'Political Correctness', I ve removed any posts that I made that were considered offensive....

Saj
27th May 2008, 21:59
I've heard there are a lot of problems between the Kurdish, white and Asian communities in Dewsbury?
I know Oxy has removed some of his own posts, but just to add a couple of thoughts of my own regarding the Kurdish community in the UK. I have no idea whether Kurdish community members were involved in this but just to add the following.

I dont want to generalise as there are a number of hard working Kurds in the UK. I've come across some very talented mechanics, plumbers etc, but the problem is that these guys are not helping themselves.

When the Indians and Pakistanis first came over to the UK, they were recognised as hard working individuals, who were prepared to support their families.

However the majority of Kurds hang around in big groups of males, very rarely due you see family units of Kurds, a lot of them seem to be just over here to pick up women and I have seen on a number of occasions these guys harassing girls as young as 13 or 14.

Saj
28th May 2008, 17:51
A boy found battered to death in a West Yorkshire park died from head injuries, a post-mortem examination has revealed.

Amar Aslam died on Sunday evening in Crow Nest Park in Dewsbury. Seven males have been arrested, who are all Asian, according to police.

Detectives said they had been given more time to question six of the seven arrested males - a man aged 20, three boys aged 15 and boys aged 12 and 13.

Police still have time available to quiz the seventh suspect, a boy of 15.

The questioning extension, granted by Bradford Magistrates' Court, means officers can hold the suspects in custody until Thursday morning before applying for further time, charging or releasing them.

Police described the attack on the teenager as "brutal" and "sustained".

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman added: "Although officers are still working to ascertain the motive, it is not believed to be racial."

West Yorkshire Police officers are still searching the park where the teenager was discovered by 13-year-old James Taylor and his friend, who called 999.

James Taylor has told the BBC how he performed emergency first aid on the 17-year-old in the walled garden of the park after hearing people bragging about "jumping a boy", stamping on his head and leaving him for dead.

The teenager described Amar's face being covering in blood as he trying to help him before paramedics arrived.

He added that he was "scared to walk the streets alone" in Dewsbury because of gangs.

"It's a problem. There are gangs and it's just over turf and over drugs and girls and stuff like that," James said.

Police teams have also been scouring a pond in Crow Nest Park, but senior officers on the investigation would not say whether they were hunting for a murder weapon.

The victim's family is believed to have moved to Dewsbury from London five years ago.

Amar's sister Samreen Aslam said: "This has shattered our family and it won't be the same without him. There will always be a gap when there is a part missing."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_yorkshire/7423014.stm

This whole gang culture hitting the streets of the UK is alarming. Look at the ages of some the kids that have been arrested.

Toony™®
29th May 2008, 23:14
I am not sure if they were kurds or not...but the 20 year old- who was arrested with three 15year olds was named today....Amin Hussain Ali.

Sounds like Pakistani.

Kurdish names are more similar to turkish names than iraqi.

filosofee
30th May 2008, 01:17
A boy found battered to death in a West Yorkshire park died from head injuries, a post-mortem examination has revealed.

Amar Aslam died on Sunday evening in Crow Nest Park in Dewsbury. Seven males have been arrested, who are all Asian, according to police.

Detectives said they had been given more time to question six of the seven arrested males - a man aged 20, three boys aged 15 and boys aged 12 and 13.

Police still have time available to quiz the seventh suspect, a boy of 15.

The questioning extension, granted by Bradford Magistrates' Court, means officers can hold the suspects in custody until Thursday morning before applying for further time, charging or releasing them.

Police described the attack on the teenager as "brutal" and "sustained".

A West Yorkshire Police spokesman added: "Although officers are still working to ascertain the motive, it is not believed to be racial."

West Yorkshire Police officers are still searching the park where the teenager was discovered by 13-year-old James Taylor and his friend, who called 999.

James Taylor has told the BBC how he performed emergency first aid on the 17-year-old in the walled garden of the park after hearing people bragging about "jumping a boy", stamping on his head and leaving him for dead.

The teenager described Amar's face being covering in blood as he trying to help him before paramedics arrived.

He added that he was "scared to walk the streets alone" in Dewsbury because of gangs.

"It's a problem. There are gangs and it's just over turf and over drugs and girls and stuff like that," James said.

Police teams have also been scouring a pond in Crow Nest Park, but senior officers on the investigation would not say whether they were hunting for a murder weapon.

The victim's family is believed to have moved to Dewsbury from London five years ago.

Amar's sister Samreen Aslam said: "This has shattered our family and it won't be the same without him. There will always be a gap when there is a part missing."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/west_yorkshire/7423014.stm

This whole gang culture hitting the streets of the UK is alarming. Look at the ages of some the kids that have been arrested.

Where are the parents of these young vicious boys? What kind of parenting have they had? Put the parents in jail with their worthless, murdering children.

Saj
30th May 2008, 01:47
Sadly its the families of the victims who are left to pick the pieces of their lives.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7425915.stm