PDA

View Full Version : Jannat: Bollywood trash about Match fixing (Clip Added)

Salman
2nd June 2008, 20:48
When most bollywood movies are watched in my house, I am normally not present in the same room.

Yesterday, the wife shouts out "Come in here quick, you got to see this"

Sleaze bag, Emraan Hashmi plays the role of a match fixer and in one scene is shown offering money and women to a character who can only be described as portraying the role of Inzy or Afridi just before the start of a world cup tournament. A deal is made and the Pakistani cricketer agrees to throw the opening ODI against the weakest team in the tournament... :21: He happly accept the bribe and offer of women with the phrase "MashAllah... InshAllah, we will lose"

Another scene is after the opening game, when the Pakistani coach, who surprise surprise, resembles the late Bob Woolmer is seen secretly following the dodgy Afridi/Inzy character into a hotel room, where he breaks up a pay off meeting taking place between the match fixer and Pakistani Cricketer, there is an argument and in the scuffle, the coach get's murdered. :21:

This movie the biggest insult to Pakistani cricket and the memory of the late Bob.

SameerM
2nd June 2008, 20:52
controversy is big money! and MR Hashmi has gone down hill recently so his return film had to be big time

still sad to see this film was ACTUALLY made and now being released with no issues. :s

the Great Khan
2nd June 2008, 21:04
so how many pakistani households will watch this trash?? we should stop criticisng these films unless we are prepared to boycott this trash fully!!!...especially when it was the Indian media that hyped up the whole woolmer murder episode..the scumbags!!

nikred
2nd June 2008, 21:08
.....but all the characters portrayed in the movie are fictional and any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental.:(

iZeeshan
2nd June 2008, 21:14
.....but all the characters portrayed in the movie are fictional and any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental.:(
:))) :))) :)))

surfer
2nd June 2008, 21:43

There you go. The movie was inspired by certain things, but is not directly insulting Pakistan. Its like saying that showing a corrupt police official is directly insulting police department. Its a fictional story....sit back and enjoy. :19:

SameerM
2nd June 2008, 21:49
Its like hollywood making a movie about corrupt FBI/CIA agents etc... but in reality we know they are angels

Salman
2nd June 2008, 21:59

Make you own mind up time... Just ripped the clip for our viewing pleasure! :)

S47bZBeeDJc

Saqlain_doosra
2nd June 2008, 22:15
Its like hollywood making a movie about corrupt FBI/CIA agents etc... but in reality we know they are angels

The film is not about indian cricket team. Its about pakistani team as it shows from salman's video clip.

Saqlain_doosra
2nd June 2008, 22:16

S47bZBeeDJc

lets hope it flops big time.

TruSachFan
2nd June 2008, 22:21
lets hope it flops big time.
too bad IPl's over. otherwise it would have helped flop the movie. But oh well, many movies are getting flopped, since ppl in india rarely go to watch movies these days.

McBoom
2nd June 2008, 22:41
Just looked at the clip, no doubt the coach was looking like Bob Woolmer and its looks like another stupid Bollywood movie full of over acting. I hope it flops big time.

And yeah, shame on them for insulting Bob and Pakistani cricket team.

Geordie Ahmed
2nd June 2008, 22:52
Not surprised to hear its a pile of rubbish

The song Judai in it is good

Mohsin
2nd June 2008, 22:54

S47bZBeeDJc

:))) :))) :))) :)))
The accent, WTH!!
My school could, no WOULD make a better scene with better acting then these idiots!

Maybe we should make a video in school about that Bangladesh win :13:

:88:

PlanetPakistan
2nd June 2008, 23:01
Clear cheap shot.
best thing is to ignore this rubbish

cars112
2nd June 2008, 23:02
best thing is to ignore this rubbish

:19: Agreed 100%

Vegitto1
3rd June 2008, 00:41
Donno what are you guys on about tbh. I watched the movie and it is absolutely brilliant. Also the fact is that Woolmer died due to heart failure (I think) so saying that the coach represents Woolmer is completely false since there is no question mark over Woolmers death therefore no room for speculation.

However, what can be said is that the film maker was inspired by the idea and decided to implement it in his movie.

jusarrived
3rd June 2008, 00:59
havent seen the movie , but most people who have see it say its about betting & match fixing ....none mentioned it was about pak cricket !

btw am in love with the actress , shes gorgeous isnt she ? don care about the movie though!

siddharth
3rd June 2008, 01:04
That was clearly directed towards pakistan cricket team and Bob woolmer .Pretty cheap stuff indeed !

siddharth
3rd June 2008, 01:04
havent seen the movie , but most people who have see it say its about betting & match fixing ....none mentioned it was about pak cricket !

btw am in love with the actress , shes gorgeous isnt she ? don care about the movie though!
who is the actress ?

Salman
3rd June 2008, 01:08
Donno what are you guys on about tbh. I watched the movie and it is absolutely brilliant. Also the fact is that Woolmer died due to heart failure (I think) so saying that the coach represents Woolmer is completely false since there is no question mark over Woolmers death therefore no room for speculation.

However, what can be said is that the film maker was inspired by the idea and decided to implement it in his movie.

Oh come on please.... So all the worlds international coaches look like this in the mind of the director, right? or it it a conincedence?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bwf1ritHFTs/RgNwawBPRqI/AAAAAAAAAIM/frzc5b0MtFY/s320/30237_bobwoolmer.jpg

Itís a blatant attempt to ridicule Woolmers death and imply that the whole episode was linked to Pakistani players involved in match fixing.

Vegitto1
3rd June 2008, 01:15
Oh come on please.... So all the worlds international coaches look like this in the mind of the director, right? or it it a conincedence?

http://bp3.blogger.com/_bwf1ritHFTs/RgNwawBPRqI/AAAAAAAAAIM/frzc5b0MtFY/s320/30237_bobwoolmer.jpg

Itís a blatant attempt to ridicule Woolmers death and imply that the whole episode was linked to Pakistani players involved in match fixing.

Yaar, every major event has a conspiracy theory attached to it. For example 9/11 was an inside job (it might have been but it is not proven).

The thing is that Officially Woolmer died of natural causes and if the film maker wants to imply that Pakistan team killed its own coach then let them. It is only them who will be ridiculed since everyone knows that India is to home of match-fixing and it is Indians who introduced this filth in cricket.

jusarrived
3rd June 2008, 01:28
who is the actress ?

dunno yar ...think it was her first movie .....names some chauhan !

aashiqmizaaj
3rd June 2008, 01:36
Man that coach didn't look anything like Woolmer - he was far too thin. Again the disclaimer about resembling being coincidence covers everything.

Lollywood should make a movie about an Indian cricketer who also gets involved in match-fixing and marries a Bollywood actress leaving his first wife and kids. Slap the disclaimer on it and call it: Nasir-ud-Din ke chaukay

12thMan
3rd June 2008, 01:41
Right after the Woolmer incident, didn't Mahesh Bhat (or someone) say he will make a movie about it. Maybe this is it

Oxy
3rd June 2008, 02:05
The name of the film rings a bell.

NAdia Khan Show did a feature on this???? Its been released in the cinemas in Pakistan.

No doubt they love it....

The guy looks a bit like Tendulkar btw.....is that significant?

Darth Vader
3rd June 2008, 02:12
This makes me think............going back to that day in WC when Pak lost to Ireland....god knows how much money was riding on pakistan...and it would have been easy money for bookies......but all of a sudden pak lost and the crores that these ppl lost.. might have created so much anger that it's not hard for them not to target the pakistani coach.

P.S. this movie is a super hit......it had a premier in pakistan too! Emraan Hashmi can't act, he is short, too much hair and has no facial expression...if he wasn't emran hashmi (nephew of mahesh bhat) in real life, he wouldn't be able to even come close to a girl like the actress Sonal Chauhan

moumotta
3rd June 2008, 02:12
Thank you for the free publicity. Your payment is in mail.
Mahesh Bhatt.

nikred
3rd June 2008, 02:15
Mahesh Bhatt.

:)) i had no clue about this movie but thanks to Salman.

12thMan
3rd June 2008, 02:22
Mahesh Bhatt.
So is this made by Mahesh Bhatt clan (him, or daughter or relative). He did say he will do a movie on it, didn't he?

Oxy
3rd June 2008, 02:35
So is this made by Mahesh Bhatt clan (him, or daughter or relative). He did say he will do a movie on it, didn't he?

Yes, his son. Salman Bhatt.

Wazeeri
3rd June 2008, 02:36
Mahesh Bhatt and most of the B'wood faternity are a bunch of low life money chasing art-less theives. How cheap can you get to make money out of someone's death.

90% of the movies are plaigarised and if the movie isn't then the songs are.

To think that these thugs have the cheek to call the poor guy with no prospects of getting a job, making money from pirated CDs A THEIF.

moumotta
3rd June 2008, 02:36
He will do anything to sell his movies.

BTW he claims to have a partcularly soft corner for Pakistani artists so you shouldn't be bagging him.

Vegitto1
3rd June 2008, 02:39
This makes me think............going back to that day in WC when Pak lost to Ireland....god knows how much money was riding on pakistan...and it would have been easy money for bookies......but all of a sudden pak lost and the crores that these ppl lost.. might have created so much anger that it's not hard for them not to target the pakistani coach.

P.S. this movie is a super hit......it had a premier in pakistan too! Emraan Hashmi can't act, he is short, too much hair and has no facial expression...if he wasn't emran hashmi (nephew of mahesh bhat) in real life, he wouldn't be able to even come close to a girl like the actress Sonal Chauhan

Didn't kno u had to be tall to act or have less hair. I guess it is a matter of opinion. I think he is one of the best actors in bollywood. Right up there with the best

Wazeeri
3rd June 2008, 02:39
The thing is though

We don't have too many soft corners for Pakistani artists.

Wazeeri
3rd June 2008, 02:40
Didn't kno u had to be tall to act or have less hair. I guess it is a matter of opinion. I think he is one of the best actors in bollywood. Right up there with the best

Not saying much is it?

nikred
3rd June 2008, 02:41
Yes, his son. Salman Bhatt.

Damn, you stole my joke:|

moumotta
3rd June 2008, 02:50
Must watch now to see what all the fuss is about. :13:

12thMan
3rd June 2008, 02:58
Yes, his son. Salman Bhatt. :)) :)) We will see that when he casts a Pakistani cricketer. He is the one who wanted
Shoaib Akhtar to act in his movie

12thMan
3rd June 2008, 03:00
Must watch now to see what all the fuss is about. :13:It's in the clip! it's in the clip!

moumotta
3rd June 2008, 03:30
:)) :)) We will see that when he casts a Pakistani cricketer. He is the one who wanted
Shoaib Akhtar to act in his movie

Imagie if Shoaib was playing that match fixing character in green pyjama. Juicy.

Salman
3rd June 2008, 03:41
He will do anything to sell his movies.

BTW he claims to have a partcularly soft corner for Pakistani artists so you shouldn't be bagging him.

Javed Sheik is in it, he's the big match fixing boss.

btw is Mahesh Bhatt and Mukesh Bhatt the same person, because it says Mukesh Bhatt on the credits.

McBoom
3rd June 2008, 03:43
To see a guy like Mahesh Bhatt making money from directing movies is just astonishing and makes you wonder about the intellectual capacity of the movie goers.

Nakhuda
3rd June 2008, 07:21
I've heard about this one but thankfully not seen it!.
Hashmi + Bhatt equal garbage on the screen!.I believe Mahesh Bhatt is now busy making a movie on Bhutto's assassination!!

surfer
3rd June 2008, 10:56
I've heard about this one but thankfully not seen it!.
Hashmi + Bhatt equal garbage on the screen!.I believe Mahesh Bhatt is now busy making a movie on Bhutto's assassination!!

If you do not already know this: In big movie industries like Hollywood/Bollywood, movie making is not a loss making business as long as you can release it. The biggest possibility of loss is when the producer fails to release the movie. If a movie is released, it will at least recover the money that was invested in it.....even if its a super flop. There have been certain examples of movies that released and yet made a loss, but they are rare.

I havent seen Jannat, but I dont think its a great movie...from whatever I have seen from the promos....I like the actress Sonal though.

WasimG
3rd June 2008, 12:19
Mahesh Bhatt and most of the B'wood faternity are a bunch of low life money chasing art-less theives. How cheap can you get to make money out of someone's death.

90% of the movies are plaigarised and if the movie isn't then the songs are.

To think that these thugs have the cheek to call the poor guy with no prospects of getting a job, making money from pirated CDs A THEIF.
Yet Pakistanis are die hard fans of Bollywood, most of which produces sissy romantic musicals.

One million movies, one billion people and Indians still cant act.

3rd June 2008, 12:37
Yet Pakistanis are die hard fans of Bollywood, most of which produces sissy romantic musicals.

One million movies, one billion people and Indians still cant act.
and pakistanis still cant get enough of it :19:

observer1
3rd June 2008, 14:57
If Paks are Dumb enough to Watch Bollywood Trash, they got No Room to Complain :).

After all these Years, what is left to be Shocked About?

the Great Khan
3rd June 2008, 14:57
pakistanis have no right to complain since this trash is soo prevalent in so many pakistani households..my advice is to all those who watch this stuff and let their children too, stop complaining and enjoy it...and expect more anti pakistani rubbish..!!..if you dont have the guts to boycott this stuff you have no right to complain!!

moumotta
3rd June 2008, 15:00
Javed Sheik is in it, he's the big match fixing boss.

btw is Mahesh Bhatt and Mukesh Bhatt the same person, because it says Mukesh Bhatt on the credits.

Brothers I think.

observer1
3rd June 2008, 15:02
pakistanis have no right to complain since this trash is soo prevalent in so many pakistani households..my advice is to all those who watch this stuff and let their children too, stop complaining and enjoy it...and expect more anti pakistani rubbish..!!..if you dont have the guts to boycott this stuff you have no right to complain!!

Hear Hear

Nakhuda
4th June 2008, 03:00
I say if you like 'em then watch 'em as its a free world!.But don't lecture about your Islamic heritage when you find out what your daughter or sister has been up to at college or uni!.You fed them this rubbish so sit back and enjoy the ride.

moumotta
4th June 2008, 03:29
Bollywood must be doing something right if all fundoos fail the bollywood appreciation test. :P

12thMan
4th June 2008, 03:32
GEO news probably has more Bollywood related stuff in their important news coverage than Paksitani things.

Vegitto1
4th June 2008, 05:19
I say if you like 'em then watch 'em as its a free world!.But don't lecture about your Islamic heritage when you find out what your daughter or sister has been up to at college or uni!.You fed them this rubbish so sit back and enjoy the ride.

Don't blame media for how your kids turn out. It is always the parents fault for not bringing their kids up properly.

Oxy
4th June 2008, 06:30
GEO news probably has more Bollywood related stuff in their important news coverage than Paksitani things.

Typical Geo headlines....

1st report - PPP blah blah blah....

2nd report - Nawaz Sharif blah blah blah....

3th report - Jannat opens to great reviews blah blah blah.

4th - 3 killed in riots in VCD store, Fasialabad

McBoom
4th June 2008, 07:21
^Geo is the worst channel ever to grace God's green Pakistan. I don't know why is it so popular. Aaj news channel (not Aajtak) is much more better, sophisticated and free from this Bollywood sh1te.

Nakhuda
4th June 2008, 10:04
Don't forget the great ARY!!!.Oh chooti karn saday dushman!!! :)))

the Great Khan
4th June 2008, 14:30
Bollywood must be doing something right if all fundoos fail the bollywood appreciation test. :P

who you calling a fundoo? yes it must be doing something right by corrupting our culture with the worst of yours!!...unlike you people we value ghairat and shurum and hayah..!! unfortunatley from what I can see those are values that have been lost on this bollywood generation..

the fact is if parents let their kids watch this garbage then be prepared to reap the world wind ladies and gentlemen..for pakistanis Bollywood is the most insidious and dangerous thing that can be brought into the house!! worse than hollywood!!

moumotta
4th June 2008, 15:34
who you calling a fundoo? yes it must be doing something right by corrupting our culture with the worst of yours!!...unlike you people we value ghairat and shurum and hayah..!! unfortunatley from what I can see those are values that have been lost on this bollywood generation..

the fact is if parents let their kids watch this garbage then be prepared to reap the world wind ladies and gentlemen..for pakistanis Bollywood is the most insidious and dangerous thing that can be brought into the house!! worse than hollywood!!

Please tell me which is your culture that are worried about. When and where did it exist.

the Great Khan
4th June 2008, 15:41
Please tell me which is your culture that are worried about. When and where did it exist.

oh im sorry I forgot our culture is the same..sorry my mistake..!!..oops gotta go and watch a half naked indian on the screen..excuse me please!

Xshazero
4th June 2008, 15:41

agree with u even i hate this bollywood sh1t, really pisses me off, and thanks god no one in my family is interested in bollywood

Xshazero
4th June 2008, 15:42
oh im sorry I forgot our culture is the same..sorry my mistake..!!..oops gotta go and watch a half naked indian on the screen..excuse me please!
:))
nowdays they are more than half naked lol

moumotta
4th June 2008, 15:49

Very funny but do come back after the show to tell me about this great culture that you are so worried will be corrupted.

the Great Khan
4th June 2008, 18:35
Very funny but do come back after the show to tell me about this great culture that you are so worried will be corrupted.

yes im sorry we dont have a great culture..its all indian hindu culture where shivaji is a God..sorry my mistake!!

SameerM
4th June 2008, 18:41
after watching the clip: if ur going to bribe someone ATLEAST close the hotel room door!

classic acting..indians always make the pakistani's bad guys so.. nothing new there

similarities are veryyyyyyyy coincidental!! i wonder who the muchawalla pak player was? meant to be Inzi was it?

TruSachFan
4th June 2008, 19:51
seriously its mostly pakistani ppl that makes these trashy bolywood movies big. The last bolly movie I watched was bhhotnath, and b4 that jodha akbar and b4 that taare zameen par. There were so many movies in the middle, but i knw which ones to watch.

SameerM
4th June 2008, 19:53
but controversy is what the filmmakers want, gives them free publicity

nikred
4th June 2008, 20:38

Bollywood is not Indian culture. It does not in anyways reflects indian culture.
Bollywood is nothing but a form of escapism. You hardly know INDIA and you are talking about its culture. :9:

Nakhuda
5th June 2008, 00:09
Bollywood may not represent Indian culture but they are Indian movies that corrupt impressionable minds!
Pakistan has a seperate identity and in many parts of the country a very separate culture to that across the border.The ancient indus valley civilisation had little to do with Bharat not forgetting that we are supposed to be Muslims!
Needless to say Pak is full of Tamils and millions of Balochis and Pathans live happily in Bharat!.You've plenty of fake Pathans though! :D

jusarrived
5th June 2008, 00:59
wasnt there are research Pakistanis search for the word sex on google moe than any other country .....lol & bollywood is corrupting your culture ? haha talk about hippocracy

jusarrived
5th June 2008, 01:03
A nation's interests? Google tells all
By Anand Giridharadas
Published: SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2006

MUMBAI, India: Google lifted the veil this week on one of its best-kept secrets: which nations search for what.

Who looks up democracy most avidly? Who seeks out Allah or Christ most faithfully? Who types in "drugs" or "sex" most frequently?

No country's secrets are spared.

Pakistanis look up "Danish cartoons" more avidly than anyone, according to Google. They also lead the rankings for "sex" - with their neighbor and nuclear rival India seldom far behind.

"In Pakistani society, sex is a taboo," said Fatima Idrees, a project manager at the Pakistani affiliate of the Gallup International polling agency, adding that "curiosity and availability of the Internet may cause such behavior."
Today in Business with Reuters
India and Malaysia raise price of subsidized fuel
More cuts as United grounds low-cost carrier
EU opens investigation into British rescue of Northern Rock

The site introduced Thursday, Google Trends, measures how often particular phrases are searched for from computers in individual countries and cities. It short-lists the places with the highest absolute number of searches for, say, "cat food." Then it picks the top 10 or so based on which places look up "cat food" much more than they do other things - for instance, "dog food."

The Google Trends site is likely to generate a mix of consternation, embarrassment and laughter around the world. While Google emphasizes that its efforts to protect individuals' privacy, the new site does nothing to protect the collective privacy of nations, if such a thing exists - the right of the British to conceal that they look up "handcuffs" most often, or the right of China's leaders to hide that Mandarin ranks second only to English as the language used to look up "democracy," or the right of other officials to hide that Arabic-speaking users rarely look up "democracy."

"This is a fascinating project, effortlessly offering a glimpse into regional and cultural habits and differences that is otherwise nearly impossible to reproduce," said Jonathan Zittrain, professor of Internet governance and regulation at Oxford University.

"This sort of feature reminds us that the Internet is global, yet not one undifferentiated mass," he added. "Such measurement may help us understand the origin and movement of ideas as they sweep regions and the world."

The Google rankings also generate a new kind of interest-level rating for politicians - as for countries, brands or anything else people look up. Now, the most vain (and most regularly searched) among us can check how many people are looking us up, where they are from - and, most important, whether they search more for us or for our rivals.

In India, suspicions that Sonia Gandhi is the power behind the throne of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh appear to be buttressed by search results. As the leader of India's governing Congress Party, Gandhi gets about 50 percent more searches from Indian users than Singh does.

French users, meanwhile, shed light on France's power struggles. Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy draws as many searches on his own as his rivals, President Jacques Chirac and Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin, combined.

For politicians with sagging poll numbers, Google's index might be some consolation: it records how often people look you up, not whether they love you. To bring Machiavelli's famous formulation into the age of Web surfing, it may be better for a prince -or president or prime minister - to be searched than loved, if he cannot be both.

President George W. Bush commands at least seven times as many searches in Russia as its own leader, Vladimir Putin. Among the French, Bush generates about 50 percent more look-ups than Chirac; among Iranians, Bush is searched twice as often as the Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Not everything on the site is a surprise. People in Boston and Minneapolis and in Halifax, Nova Scotia, lead the search for "mittens." Dubliners top the list in "Guinness" searches. When it comes to looking up "dowry," surfers in Pakistan and India are clear leaders.

Other findings are quirkier, and at times to difficult to explain.

Even though homosexuality is punishable by death in Saudi Arabia, the kingdom ranks No. 2 for searches for "gay sex," behind the Philippines.

And consider the list of cities that most frequently look up "amour," the French word for love. Paris, allegedly a romantic haven, is absent from the top 10. The top three berths went to Rabat, Morocco; Algiers and Tunis.

Other findings suggest the stirrings of a trend. Searchers for "Allah" come overwhelmingly from the Islamic world. But, in a sign of shifting social realities, the word is searched from the Dutch-language version of Google more avidly than from the Arabic-language one. Norwegian, French, Danish, Swedish and German sites also featured in the top 10 for "Allah" inquiries.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/05/12/business/google.php

no wonder some people here think hollywood is better than bollywood .....cos you know wat paksitanis are looking for in movies !

Wazeeri
5th June 2008, 01:30

Not too forget

Aaj apni ehsase kami ki waja se Lahore College kai karta darta nai Fashion Show rakha,
Jahan pai gandai waldain ki gandi auladon nain chotai chotai kaprai pehan kai apnai Pakistani honai ka muzahira kiya.

IMD Walrus
5th June 2008, 01:38
Seriously, what is the big fuss. I saw the movie. That it was about match-fixing and not, for example, smuggling or something like that, is probably only because the producer found a Woolmer lookalike (which I agree was very tasteless). It was really just a decent-ish love story. Pakistan wasn't mentioned if I remember it right, but coach dead, match fixing, and woolmer look-alike could only lead to people pointing at one direction. FWIW, the protagonist goes to South Africa to fix matches and not Pakistan. FWIW, the Bhatt's have a love affair with all things Pakistani.

Wazeeri
5th June 2008, 01:38
wasnt there are research Pakistanis search for the word sex on google moe than any other country .....lol & bollywood is corrupting your culture ? haha talk about hippocracy

There are many words which can be searched to get to porn. People with a bit more of a comptency for analysis would realise that English is not Pakistan's first language and words like 'sex' and 'naked girls' are the only portal for Pakistanis to search porn as that is the limit of their vocabulary.

People from western countries and those countries which speak English more than Pakistanis, feature in every other desrciption but the searches from Pakistan are restricted to a smaller array of sexual terminologies.

The results above are due to this very fact rather than Pakistanis being dirty or being sex orientated. Being Dirty, sex orientated and down right evil is when a whole community one day gets so angry that it goes around and makes a scape goat our of another community and commits mass organised rapes.

That doesn't happen in Pakistan.

Happens elsewhere.

IMD Walrus
5th June 2008, 01:40
Also, Indian actors are really as good as foreign ones.

Wazeeri
5th June 2008, 01:42
Bollywood is not Indian culture. It does not in anyways reflects indian culture.
Bollywood is nothing but a form of escapism. You hardly know INDIA and you are talking about its culture.

Bollywood is one of India's strongest economies.
It is Indian culture,

When a nation becomes so desensitised to something and starts accepting every vulgairty spewed out from this machinery, it becomes a part of your culture.

IMD Walrus
5th June 2008, 01:47
Seriously, get a grip.

And films are part of our culture now, like it or not. I like it.

Salman
5th June 2008, 01:48
my topics rule! :19:

Wazeeri
5th June 2008, 01:50
And films are part of our culture now, like it or not. I like it.

A bit of an Borat impression there

It is Good
You will like
I laaaaaaaike

IMD Walrus
5th June 2008, 01:52
BTW, how do I choose an India flag for my profile? All I see is IA, IB, etc.

moumotta
5th June 2008, 02:00
The point I was debating is that there was never this super duper neat and clean holier than thou culture that is now threatened by bollywwod. People have always needed entertainment and diversion.

There are good movies and there are bad movies just as there are good books and trashy books, What you watch (or read) reflects your culture (and can reinforce it) rather than the other way.

BTW if Pakistan does not have much of a film industry it is not for want of trying or for lack of an audience eager for entertainment.

jusarrived
5th June 2008, 02:02
There are many words which can be searched to get to porn. People with a bit more of a comptency for analysis would realise that English is not Pakistan's first language and words like 'sex' and 'naked girls' are the only portal for Pakistanis to search porn as that is the limit of their vocabulary.

People from western countries and those countries which speak English more than Pakistanis, feature in every other desrciption but the searches from Pakistan are restricted to a smaller array of sexual terminologies.

The results above are due to this very fact rather than Pakistanis being dirty or being sex orientated. Being Dirty, sex orientated and down right evil is when a whole community one day gets so angry that it goes around and makes a scape goat our of another community and commits mass organised rapes.

That doesn't happen in Pakistan.

Happens elsewhere.

there is a huge section of population in India , bigger than Pakistan's with limited vocabulary & which has access to the internet....considering our population we shud have been well above pakistan if you wer to just put it down to english not being first language as reason ...but sorry its not that simple !

btw my idea of putting the article was not to generalize paksiatnis or nor to degrade your culture ...but merely saying that sex sells in both teh countries , which has been the case for ages and quite normal ...don blame bollywood if you think your kids are going in a wrong track cos there are hundreds of other sources much worse than bollywood which they have access to.....who know's wat your kid is seeing in his computer , while you are breaking your head about half naked women in hindi movies here on pp!

nikred
5th June 2008, 03:08
Bollywood is one of India's strongest economies.
It is Indian culture,

When a nation becomes so desensitised to something and starts accepting every vulgairty spewed out from this machinery, it becomes a part of your culture.

Lets get this straight. Bollywood is mumbai-based film industry NOT INDIAN FILM INDUSTRY. As a matter of fact its not even watched through out INDIA.Thats why i say you guys have no idea what INDIA is and you are talking about indian culture. :9:

Wazeeri
5th June 2008, 03:14
there is a huge section of population in India , bigger than Pakistan's with limited vocabulary & which has access to the internet....considering our population we shud have been well above pakistan if you wer to just put it down to english not being first language as reason ...but sorry its not that simple !

English is much more an integral part of India than it is off Pakistan. You can get away without being able to speak and write in English in the cities of Pakistan but in nearly every indian city it is a no no. The difference can be seen in the cricket teams of the two countries, one has nearly every cricketer able to speak English and the other struggles to find one.

The argument was never about just obscenity but if that is the track you want to discuss than yes people in Pakistan do have other avenues to satisfy their curiosity but the damage mainstream media and entertainment can cause is much more discrete and by stealth than what a few grainy pictures on the internet can do.

Bollywood is watched in households. It has slowly removed the irk from the people towards nudity and sex. Not too long ago there was a big hoopla over Madhuri's Chloi kai peechai kiya hai, now a days we can see exactly kai Choli kai peechai kiya hai.

So all in all B'wood is a disturbing and bad influence.

And even if it wasn't the worst influence it doesn't mean it doesn't merit a mention. We can discuss internet porn on another thread but just because this form of entertainment is not no. uno on the list doesn't mean we should ignore it.

This thread is about the ever sleazy capitalist thieving indian film industry doing what it's best at. Making money from the most inappropriate of things. Unwarranted and unregulated. Unfortunately Pakistanis watch it.

Wazeeri
5th June 2008, 03:19
The point I was debating is that there was never this super duper neat and clean holier than thou culture that is now threatened by bollywwod. People have always needed entertainment and diversion.

That's where you are wrong, I can speak for the people of Pakistan and an over whelming majority of them are good decent people who are appauled at what some parts of the world have labelled sexual "liberation".

I have many Pakistani friends who couldn't sit through the parody of Miandad because it contained too much swearing. A very big population of Pakistanis are untouched and pure from this shameless sale of sex.

There are good movies and there are bad movies just as there are good books and trashy books, What you watch (or read) reflects your culture (and can reinforce it) rather than the other way.

Generally in B'wood there are rubbish movies and copied movies, rubbish songs and copied songs.

BTW if Pakistan does not have much of a film industry it is not for want of trying or for lack of an audience eager for entertainment.

It is because the Pakistani film industry was taking the same capitalistic route we have seen b'wood tracking from it's birth. Pakistan admitedly was heavy handed and killed their industry completely off leaving it to be managed by people who are not competent.

Wazeeri
5th June 2008, 03:20
Lets get this straight. Bollywood is mumbai-based film industry NOT INDIAN FILM INDUSTRY. As a matter of fact its not even watched through out INDIA.Thats why i say you guys have no idea what INDIA is and you are talking about indian culture

The indian culture is hardly clouded in mystery especially for a Pakistani. We don't need to do a thesis on the indian culture to be able to comment on it.

The B'wood industry is watched by most of Indians and it is more representative of Indians than any other film industry.

And unless Mumbai is not in India I don't get your point.

Darth Vader
5th June 2008, 03:30
some of us pakistanis are so damn hypocritical ......... in usa... I see more and more pakistanis enjoying bollywood movies, songs ...... and people have this notion that just because we don't show skin in the mainstream movies, we're pious..... hahahah.... seriously haven't you guys seen those mujra videos that are so popular? Just because things doesn't happen in the open doesn't mean it doesn't happen under covers.

Bollywood movies have been part of pakistani culture for a LONG LONG time......i don't know where some you people come from....but most pakistanis I know enjoy the entertainment.....from shaan to kumar sanu to sukhwinder singh...every single artist is quite popular with the general mass.

Wazeeri
5th June 2008, 03:33
seriously haven't you guys seen those mujra videos that are so popular?

No,

maybe you are one of the millions of Pakistanis who have been typing "sex" into google

and the argument is not about Pakistanis being hyprocites, I think there is a concensus on that. My family watches B'wood and at one point it was sold to me as something which will keep me in more touch with my culture than English movies along with monthly videos of Pakistan Dramas.

The argument is about one particular movie making money from a death and an industry making money questionably.

The popularity these movies are generating among Pakistanis is exactly what some of us are moaning about.

Oxy
5th June 2008, 03:42
Wazeeri's been smoking some of that stuff Asif was allegedly transporting...

It's working, whatever it is!!!

the SHA
5th June 2008, 06:06
Thats the funniest thing I have watched all week..... give the Director an Oscar! In fact, give the entire crew Oscars for holding in their giggling sounds during filming.

Bollywood is truely unbelievable. At least Hollywood makes some kind of effort to conceal its propaganda!

5th June 2008, 07:25
People who have dislike for bollywood share the same feeling that I have for Pakistani dramas as they are senseless , use foul language , have girls with extra make up who dance on a stage with majority of male audience screaming. There are double meaning dialogues and no respect for women. Its a disgrace.

If calling a fellow actor "kutti ke bachay" after every 10 seconds or shamelessly slapping or making fun of a guy who is just 3 feet tall shows pakistani culture and art then I guess bollywood movies arent that bad !

moumotta
5th June 2008, 07:55
Let us not confuse the issue. The debate is not about the artistic merits of bollywood. It is about some people taking the easy way out by blaming bollywood for every thing from honour killings to the changing values in society. It is about looking for scapegoats rather than accepting responsibility. It is about comical claims as to how they had this pious culture in which there was no romance, no starry dreams and no sexual escapades before the scheming Indians rammed bollywood down their throats- a fundamenalist view of culture that only existed in their fantasies.

Wazeeri
6th June 2008, 02:44
Let us not confuse the issue. The debate is not about the artistic merits of bollywood. It is about some people taking the easy way out by blaming bollywood for every thing from honour killings to the changing values in society. It is about looking for scapegoats rather than accepting responsibility. It is about comical claims as to how they had this pious culture in which there was no romance, no starry dreams and no sexual escapades before the scheming Indians rammed bollywood down their throats- a fundamenalist view of culture that only existed in their fantasies.

Talk about taking the easy way out. Exagerrating the claims in the counter argument and presenting them as absurd will do your side of the debate no good.

Bollywood has a very big hand in the lowering standards of what general Pakistanis and Indians consider morals.

moumotta
6th June 2008, 02:56
Have people not blamed bollywood for honour killings.

Have you not seen claims that unlike 'us' Pakistnis value 'ghairat and haya'

Wazeeri
6th June 2008, 03:06
I haven't seen anyone blaming b'wood for honour killings but if they can argue why they feel so, I think it's worth a listen.

And I have myself made the argument of "us pakistani ghairat and haya".
People in Pakistan still are irked by the over exposure the mainstream entertainment gives to sex just to make money. This very objection gives support to the argument "us pakistani ghairat and haya"

moumotta
6th June 2008, 03:31
I haven't seen anyone blaming b'wood for honour killings but if they can argue why they feel so, I think it's worth a listen

Here you go. The claim and all the supporting argument.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=43230&page=2

Wazeeri
6th June 2008, 03:45
its all down to the parents really...teach your children values and theyll be ok..teach them nothing but "bollywood films" and well reap the whirlwind!!

Fair enough comments. It is quite clear that TGK is not suggesting that Bollywood encourages honour killings.

He is clearly just saying that the way children behave is down to the parents and they shouldn't introduce their children to B'wood if they have such violent reactions to what B'wood encourages ie Sexual promiscuity.

moumotta
6th June 2008, 08:36
Fair enough comments. It is quite clear that TGK is not suggesting that Bollywood encourages honour killings.

He is clearly just saying that the way children behave is down to the parents and they shouldn't introduce their children to B'wood if they have such violent reactions to what B'wood encourages ie Sexual promiscuity.

How many parents teach nothing but bollywood. If that is the intellectual level in the family then it is doomed any way with or without bollywood.

Is it even possible that children will learn all they know only from a weekly dose of bolly and nothing from what goes in the family rest of the 6 days and 21 hours.

Wazeeri
6th June 2008, 16:45
posting from phone.

You are trying to imply thk said something which he clearly didn't.
I think the thread has come to the conclusion that bollywood isn't a good influence and a corrupt industry. How corrupt and influencing it is can be argued.

Indiafan
6th June 2008, 17:44

No proof of that whatsoever. just a conjecture by a poster

moumotta
6th June 2008, 18:18
posting from phone.

I think the thread has come to the conclusion that bollywood isn't a good influence and a corrupt industry. How corrupt and influencing it is can be argued.

More generalisation. It is just entertainment with an occassionl message thrown in- some times with finesse but more often crudely.

If parents can't handle their childrens freedom they should keep them away from the outside world rather than just bollywood.

Vegitto1
6th June 2008, 18:55
posting from phone.

Then that conclusion applies to hollywood movies aswell. I think some people are being hypocritical by crictising bollywood but at the same time they water at the mouth if it is produced by hollywood, is in english, and if it has sex scenes or kissing involved then 'it is normal'

Isn't Hollywood against our CULTURE aswell?

Wazeeri
6th June 2008, 23:13
No proof of that whatsoever. just a conjecture by a poster

So you mean that dating, sex, general fondling is not a common theme of most B'wood songs?

Wazeeri
6th June 2008, 23:15
If parents can't handle their childrens freedom they should keep them away from the outside world rather than just bollywood.

Bollywood being corrupt cannot be argued against too much. The industry is based on plaigarism and black money. The corrupting influence of Bollywood is hard to prove, I guess we will have to set up an elaborate study to provide some sort of tangible evidence.

Wazeeri
6th June 2008, 23:19
Then that conclusion applies to hollywood movies aswell. I think some people are being hypocritical by crictising bollywood but at the same time they water at the mouth if it is produced by hollywood, is in english, and if it has sex scenes or kissing involved then 'it is normal'

Isn't Hollywood against our CULTURE aswell?

Unless you are claiming that I condone all of this in Hollywood movies, I think that was quite an inane post.

This thread is about B'wood. No one is saying that B'wood movies are the only filthy entertainment being presented (We have our own industry trying to compete in that respect) and just because there are other entertainment vehicles which deserve the same criticism it doesn't mean we should stop arguing against B'wood until we have dealt with them.

Vegitto1
6th June 2008, 23:41
Unless you are claiming that I condone all of this in Hollywood movies, I think that was quite an inane post.

This thread is about B'wood. No one is saying that B'wood movies are the only filthy entertainment being presented (We have our own industry trying to compete in that respect) and just because there are other entertainment vehicles which deserve the same criticism it doesn't mean we should stop arguing against B'wood until we have dealt with them.

No, wht I meant to say was that 'I hope your conclusion applies to hollywood aswell'

I was not suggesting it doesn't, I was saying I hope it does and if it doesn't then the rest of the post applys. But since your opinion is same on Hollywood aswell, ignore the rest of da post. :19:

Wazeeri
6th June 2008, 23:44
I would love it if both of these industries collapsed into dust.

I just hate B'wood more because they steal from us and make millions.

IMD Walrus
7th June 2008, 01:02
Stealing implies there is force of some kind. I really doubt most producers drag you (or anyone else) to the cinema hall.

Wazeeri
7th June 2008, 01:12
Stealing implies that they steal from Pakistani artists.

IMD Walrus
7th June 2008, 01:14
Er, how exactly?

Wazeeri
7th June 2008, 01:19
http://www.itwofs.com/

Enjoy

McBoom
7th June 2008, 01:21
Stealing implies that they steal from Pakistani artists.Well to be honest, they steal more from Hollywood than from Pakistan. That's why I'd rather watch the original than the dulled down crappy copy.

Wazeeri
7th June 2008, 01:23
Not with the songs.

Pakistani movies made Nadeem Sharvan
Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan made Anu Malik
Preetam steals from just about anyone but Pakistan is one of his favourite spots

12thMan
7th June 2008, 01:48
some of the movies from Hollywood http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollywood_films_and_plagiarism

moumotta
7th June 2008, 03:57
Its called getting inspiration. :D

With Pakistan it works both ways. If Pakistan doesn't have as many stolen sories and songs it is because they don't make as many movies and the ones they make are not as well known. It works both ways.

Pakistanis shouldn't compalin any way because they have been running a whole cottage industry making camera and pirated prints of bollywood.

moumotta
7th June 2008, 03:59
I think Lion King's theme was stolen from Indian films. They just made it a childrens movie which most Indian movies should be.

Showman
7th June 2008, 04:33
Its called getting inspiration. :D

With Pakistan it works both ways. If Pakistan doesn't have as many stolen sories and songs it is because they don't make as many movies and the ones they make are not as well known. It works both ways.

Pakistanis shouldn't compalin any way because they have been running a whole cottage industry making camera and pirated prints of bollywood.
So that makes it okay for Bollywood to steal the intellectual property of Pakistani artists, change it up, and label it as their own?

At least those pirated movies are acknowledged as Indian movies. And this type of piracy (movie downloading) happens all over the world. Using illegal copies of movies and plagiarizing someone else's work are two different things.

moumotta
7th June 2008, 04:40
People have also been caught and heavily fined for downloading music and making pirated copies so what your point.

I am not saying its right. I am just questioning your right to complain.

moumotta
7th June 2008, 04:48
The corrupting influence of Bollywood is hard to prove, I guess we will have to set up an elaborate study to provide some sort of tangible evidence.

Good to hear. I was getting the impression that the studies have been done long time ago and all one needs to do is dust them out.

Oxy
7th June 2008, 04:55
Good to hear. I was getting the impression that the studies have been done long time ago and all one needs to do is dust them out.

The studies were conducted by my dad.

Some of the tests included smashing videotapes against the wall.

Conclusions - AVOID.......

Muzy
7th June 2008, 05:09
i was going to watch this film on the net soon but now after reading this il just carry on listening to the songs instead

moumotta
7th June 2008, 05:19
The studies were conducted by my dad.

Some of the tests included smashing videotapes against the wall.

Conclusions - AVOID.......

Avoid dads :D

Wazeeri
7th June 2008, 18:19

Sorry I forgot, everything needs a scientific study to be proven,

Common sense is the last resort not the first. Right?
Got it.

Wazeeri
7th June 2008, 18:21
Its called getting inspiration.

Pakistani piracy and plaigarism mainly started after the industry was killed off. We had an original and creative industry until Zia's time. Now we have a mini b'wood.

India/b'wood has always been stealing from one source or another.

moumotta
8th June 2008, 05:33
Sorry I forgot, everything needs a scientific study to be proven,

Common sense is the last resort not the first. Right?
Got it.

Common sense tells us that some cultures and societies are more inclined to kill their women for transgressions. It happened before bollywood and happens in areas well beyond where bolly influence reaches.

Common sense tells us that to blame bollywood (or western education or .new found freedoms or.. fill the balnk...) for honour killings is to suggest that some how it is the victim's fault.

12thMan
8th June 2008, 06:29
Typical Geo headlines....

Just heard a hindi song (have seen others songs before) used as promotion of something.
then the news started again and had a story about some director or producer Ram Gopal and a movie he recently made.

Wazeeri
8th June 2008, 22:43
Common sense tells us that some cultures and societies are more inclined to kill their women for transgressions. It happened before bollywood and happens in areas well beyond where bolly influence reaches.

Common sense tells us that to blame bollywood (or western education or .new found freedoms or.. fill the balnk...) for honour killings is to suggest that some how it is the victim's fault.

Common sense tells us to read the posts properly,

For the third time TGK did not say that Bollywood induces honour killings. His message was that if you have such violent reservations against a practice than you should not let your children watch B'wood movies which encourage them.

You can twist and turn that anyway you like but you will not attain anything.

moumotta
9th June 2008, 03:16
Common sense tells us to read the posts properly,

For the third time TGK did not say that Bollywood induces honour killings. His message was that if you have such violent reservations against a practice than you should not let your children watch B'wood movies which encourage them.

You can twist and turn that anyway you like but you will not attain anything.

I guess we all have our personalised common sense that supports what ever prejudices we have.

the Great Khan
9th June 2008, 05:41
as usual the indian posters continue to do what they do best..twists facts, create red herrings and diversions to mask the real issue...if these posters cant see that showing urdu/hindi speaking asian men and women in questionable social circumstances, a large part of which are overtly and covertly sexual in nature, are not corrupting to youth of asian backgrounds then I truly honestly pity you!....i guess ghairat and shurum are now part of a backward culture and behayahi is the order of the day...

and finally whoever thinks after reading my posts im saying that I think bollywood induces honour killings is a ***** with a brain the size of a pea...or worse is a prejudiced Islamaphobe who is hiding their true agenda and prejudice against Muslims!!...mnnh I wonder!...but no im wrong im the one with the backward sixth century culture that encourages honour killing, female infanticide, inequaltiy on the basis of birth, the shame of divorce, intolerance and rascism...sorry janaab maaf karadain!...soo sorry, thousand apologies, mota bhai!

moumotta
9th June 2008, 09:18
Did not take much to bring out the religion card, did it. How could any one question the unidimensional views of the self professed great defender of faith.