PDA

View Full Version : If ur kid said no to cricket, what would u do?

SameerM
4th June 2008, 17:09
Hypothetically, for most of the PP members, u will get married and have (godwilling) lotsssssss of babies... boys AND girls!!

IF they turned to you and said we dont like cricket, or we dont want to play, cricket is boring I prefer golf etc :P

What would be your reply?? :13:

Would u be upset? would u explain the passion YOU have so they can carry it on? would u say ok you think cricket is rubbish, try some other sport?

(Obviously u can give an example about ANY sport u have a passion for, which you want ur siblings to pickup as they grow older)

moumotta
4th June 2008, 17:16
Hypothetically, for most of the PP members, u will get married and have (godwilling) lotsssssss of babies... boys AND girls!!

IF they turned to you and said we dont like cricket, or we dont want to play, cricket is boring I prefer golf etc :P

Would u be upset? would u explain the passion YOU have so they can carry it on? would u say ok you think cricket is rubbish, try some other sport?

(Obviously u can give an example about ANY sport u have a passion for, which you want ur siblings to pickup as they grow older)

Never heard of a kid preferring golf without lots of parental persuasion. Football is what most kids go for and so be it.

DHONI183
4th June 2008, 17:16
The punishment for apostasy should be death in this case :16: . Nah, joking :P .

Well I love cricket, that´s all! If they don´t it will be their choice :19: .

SameerM
4th June 2008, 17:18
Never heard of a kid preferring golf without lots of parental persuasion. Football is what most kids go for and so be it.

its an example!! ok prefer football over cricket.. wot would u do? if anything?

for EXAMPLE, wouldnt u want ur kid to get involved in a gentleman (-woman) like sport instead of a yobbo hooligan one?

moumotta
4th June 2008, 17:25
its an example!! for EXAMPLE, wouldnt u want ur kid to get involved in a gentleman (-woman) like sport instead of a yobbo hooligan one?

Very presumptuous. Leaving aside the Q of what is a woman sport and what not we don't even know if the child will be a boy or a girl.

SameerM
4th June 2008, 17:26
Very presumptuous. Leaving aside the Q of what is a woman sport and what not we don't even know if the child will be a boy or a girl.

in 2008, girls PLAY same sports BOYS do.. so no sexism please :>

moumotta
4th June 2008, 17:30
in 2008, girls PLAY same sports BOYS do.. so no sexism please :>

OK then boys for net ball and girls for rugby. :D

SameerM
4th June 2008, 17:35
In IPL, men were cheerleading! so yes girls for rugby etc BUT thats not the question being asked here. ur missing the point

ok, so if ur Boy wanted to play netball, and ur girl wanted to play rugby, wat would u do? would u be ok with it, or would u advise them to find an alternative sport... eg basketball

Informer
4th June 2008, 17:37
My dad tried very hard to get me to play rugby because he played provincial rugby but I insisted that I wanted to be a cricketer and I ended up playing league cricket

moumotta
4th June 2008, 17:39
In IPL, men were cheerleading! so yes girls for rugby etc BUT thats not the question being asked here. ur missing the point

ok, so if ur Boy wanted to play netball, and ur girl wanted to play rugby, wat would u do? would u be ok with it, or would u advise them to find an alternative sport... eg basketball

If the deviation is only limited to sports I will be OK.

Oxy
4th June 2008, 17:41
Look no further - its been discussed.

When Oxy's son said he hated cricket!

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=40223&mod=1

SameerM
4th June 2008, 17:44
so Oxy how have u dealt with it? are u still suffering or do u keep indirectly pushing him into cricket still?

sad to hear he HATES cricket... he has joined the darkside, give him time to find his jedi powers and he will return to the rebellion, like his father ;-)

Taurus
4th June 2008, 18:41
I wouldn't do anything. I'd be disappointed inside, but ultimately, a person has the right to decide his or her own fate. In time, they'll learn to appreciate the mistakes that they've made.

BD-fan
4th June 2008, 19:31
Believe it or not my son loves golf more than anything. As for cricket, since the timing of most of the games would be late nights which conflicts with his sleep-time, he dislikes it. What a predicament.

12thMan
4th June 2008, 20:13
If you are in USA then a good thing as you can save couple of hundred dollars a year (cost of watching cricket at home). And if WC is on that year, then just the WC might cost $200

SameerM
4th June 2008, 20:17
Best thing i reckon is just to teach ur kids how to eat healthily and keep them active.

eye to hand co-ordination, running etc... then they can choose any sport and be good at it

the_game
4th June 2008, 20:30
Cry first, then force the kid into watching it through chappals :19: .

nikred
4th June 2008, 20:48
Cry first, then force the kid into watching it through chappals :19: .

yup! the good ol' chappal-to-cheek always works.:|

Geordie Ahmed
4th June 2008, 20:49
I would not be fussed

The main thing is if they like football then they MUST support Newcastle - anything else and they shall be disowned

the_game
4th June 2008, 20:59
yup! the good ol' chappal-to-cheek always works.:|

;-) In all honesty, I will be pretty depressed, specially if he starts liking some shmucky North American sport like American football (Ice hockey is acceptable, because you can't escape that here in Canada).

I'll make sure I watch cricket with the toddlers in my lap (Freud's subconcious theory would make sure cricket is embedded in their minds forever :D ).

Geordie Ahmed
4th June 2008, 21:03
I would not mind my kid (if i have one) likes Golf - perfect sport for father-son bonding imo

SameerM
4th June 2008, 21:03
Freud's subconcious theory would make sure cricket is embedded in their minds forever :D [/i]

thats probably how i got involved initially.. plus there was a computer game i had on the old Amstrad computer called 'Tim loves Cricket'.. real simple game but in the late 1980's it was a masterpiece! :139:

siddharth
4th June 2008, 21:27
I'll make sure I watch cricket with the toddlers in my lap (Freud's subconcious theory would make sure cricket is embedded in their minds forever :D ).[/i][/QUOTE]

I tried to follow cricinfo with my son in my lap ,he did all lot of manipulation in the key board ,that i had to close it .

If i watch live action ,he will get mad at me and will start throwing things at me .

But i never gave up and continued my hard work ,now he will happily sit with me and also ready to give latest update scores,if i am not present there .How good is that :D

Hash
4th June 2008, 21:42
It wont be an issue.

It's going to be forced onto him/her from the day they are born so it wont be a matter of choice!

Plasma
4th June 2008, 22:06
I shall never see the day! His/her first word will not be Mama, or Papa, but cricket! :D

But if it does happen, i'll lock him in the attic with only cricket bats, balls, wickets, posters, and a tv which only shows cricket matches, most probably Pakistani cricket matches.

f.b.m
4th June 2008, 22:40
If he said no to cricket, he'd be signed as a kolpak player.

Oxy
4th June 2008, 22:47
so Oxy how have u dealt with it? are u still suffering or do u keep indirectly pushing him into cricket still?

sad to hear he HATES cricket... he has joined the darkside, give him time to find his jedi powers and he will return to the rebellion, like his father ;-)

He still prefers football - playing & watching.

I dont blame him for not watching cricket as PAk arent playing - and when they do its nothing worth watching, with no outstanding players on show.

He's been to Wembley 3 times - an FA Cup Final which most people NEVER do in their lifetime.

I havent forced cricket on to him - just got used to it really.

the_game
4th June 2008, 22:59
I tried to follow cricinfo with my son in my lap ,he did all lot of manipulation in the key board ,that i had to close it .

If i watch live action ,he will get mad at me and will start throwing things at me .

But i never gave up and continued my hard work ,now he will happily sit with me and also ready to give latest update scores,if i am not present there .How good is that :D

See, it DOES work! I'll let you know in a few years whether it would work for me or not :D .

WasimG
4th June 2008, 23:13
If your kid says no to test cricket, he's probably mine. :D :P ;-) :15: :21: :23:

IMD Walrus
5th June 2008, 01:45
KILL HIM/HER! There and then.

Xshazero
5th June 2008, 16:16

i wont have kids.... :22:

Garuda
5th June 2008, 16:36
During IPL I had to buy the second TV for my house (for a 2 member house) as my better half was missing all the page 3 bollywood stuff.

If my kid doesn't like Cricket then may be we will end up watching TV alone. But I would be very disappointed if he/she join her mom for watching bollywood page 3 instead of cricket with me.

Daoud
5th June 2008, 17:35
My dad's subconsious attempts of brainwashing me worked. Or maybe the 92 WC had something to do with it. He'd take me to his games as a 1 year old although when I was about 5 he was going to some game in Sharjah but I didnt want to. I suppose there is an age though when you'll realise that there is no hope. I'd be disappointed if my son didnt play/follow a PROPER sport but wouldnt be fussed if it was cricket or football or whatever it might be

DHONI183
5th June 2008, 18:34
If he said no to cricket, he'd be signed as a kolpak player.

:)) :)))

If your kid says no to test cricket, he's probably mine. :D :P ;-) :15: :21: :23:

Situation won´t arise since we will keep our kids away from "The Wall" :21: .

5th June 2008, 19:53
As long as my kids Inshallah like sport ill keep them! :)

DM
6th June 2008, 05:07
Corporal punishment followed by sustained and rigorous indoctrination

The Blazer
6th June 2008, 05:09
:)))

You nocturnal swine! That's just heartless.

To be honest, I wouldn't really mind. It's not for us to choose what our children prefer!

DM
6th June 2008, 05:13
Well I would take it very personally, I would see it as my children rejecting their father. Now that scenario just wont have a good end to put it mildly.

DM
6th June 2008, 05:19
Basically I'd ensure they cry like the day they were born.

the_game
6th June 2008, 07:18
Basically I'd ensure they cry like the day they were born.

:))) DM, you are just insane my friend!

iZeeshan
6th June 2008, 07:32
Beat him/her to pulp and have blood-thirsty rats or goats, whichever they don't prefer, chase after them. And then leave a black tattoo of Shahid Afridi on his arm, so he gets creeped out everytime he takes a shower.

Rudi hater
6th June 2008, 15:05

I will tie him up and put him in solitary confinment till he says I love cricket. Fortunately, he is only two and already walking with a bat in hand and hits ball so hard that I dread he is going to break one of windows pretty soon. :)

jiripoca
7th June 2008, 08:45

Nope, it wouldnt bother me. Just remember I`m the Daddy and the remote control stays with me!!! Only Kidding LOL!

But no, I have this situation where my 6 yo boy doesnt even know about cricket, but he plays for Sao Paulo under 10s at football, so I`m delighted. The greatest thing is that you (anyone) only watch a sport because you like it, and you cant instill that in anyone, they either do or they dont, so just let them decide their preferences.

lakha84
7th June 2008, 10:51
my kids if they dare to not like cricket or love any other sport more than cricket will be grounded for the rest of their life they live with me which is 18 and send to mental hospital at the age of 18 for not loving cricket

Easa
7th June 2008, 14:23
:))) :))) :))) you kill me!

DHONI183
7th June 2008, 16:03
If any new child is born in my relatives etc, one of the few things they learn to pronounce to start off is "Dhoni" :D . There was this Turkish girl in our neighborhood who had to learn how to pronounce Dhoni´s name in her childhood :D .

moumotta
7th June 2008, 16:05
my kids if they dare to not like cricket or love any other sport more than cricket will be grounded for the rest of their life and send to mental hospital at the age of 18 where they can join their dad.

Corrected :D

Mohsin
7th June 2008, 17:18
If any new child is born in my relatives etc, one of the few things they learn to pronounce to start off is "Dhoni" :D . There was this Turkish girl in our neighborhood who had to learn how to pronounce Dhoni´s name in her childhood :D .

That poor poor girl:88:

C'mon Turkey, beat Portugal for that poor little scared girl

You monster! You should be ashamed of urself! :12:

:P

DHONI183
7th June 2008, 17:35
That poor poor girl:88:

C'mon Turkey, beat Portugal for that poor little scared girl

You monster! You should be ashamed of urself! :12:

Oye behave :12: !!!

Dhoni is an easy name to pronounce, anyway, unlike some others :21: .

pakistani_banda
7th June 2008, 23:35
even if my kids (in the future) says that he wont play cricket, ill say no probs , play something else, cos i myself have stopped playing cricket as i have found out that i have lost my touch in cricket completely, and there r much better things than cricket in this world.

pakistani_banda
7th June 2008, 23:38
now days i just have lost interest in all forms of cricket.... actually during the ipl my dad used to ask me who won and all and i used to be like ... um.... pata nahi i didnt watch the match :D lols .

Muzy
8th June 2008, 06:25
id love for my kid/kids to play cricket but you cant force a passion that you hold, if they truly want to follow in your footsteps then its gotta be at the learning age but then kids get influenced alot on what others like too and whats popular etc id be happy for my kid/kids whatever they chose to do but it wud be nice though if they could like cricket as much as i do (if both the hubby n wifey are into cricket then their cant be a problem, but if there is one who likes cricket and the other doesnt their can be a problem. i dont know i cnt talk from experience im sure miggy n oxy lot know how they feel)

DM
8th June 2008, 08:48
Hmm, I'd think that given enough physical strength and power you in fact can force a passion onto your children that you hold.