PDA

View Full Version : New Pakistan High Commissioner to the UK

zaminabs
24th June 2008, 00:30
Wajid Shamsul Hasan assume charge of office

LONDON:The newly appointed High Commissioner of Pakistan to the United Kingdom Wajid Shamsul Hasan formally assumed the charge of his office here on Monday.

Earlier, he visited Foreign and Commonwealth office and during the course of his meeting with Sarah Gillet, Director, Protocol, handed over a copy of his credentials.

The FCO will convey the date for the formal presentation of his credentials to the Queen in due course.The new high commissioner also held a meeting with the senior officials of the High Commission and received a briefing from them on various aspects of Pakistan-UK relations.

This is Hasan's second stint as Pakistan's top diplomat in London having earlier served in the same capacity from 1994 to 1996.

During his first tenure, he was responsible for Labour Party's Brighton Declaration on the Kashmir issue in 1995 which committed Labour Party to the resolution of the dispute on the basis of the UN resolutions on the right of self-determination for the Kashmiri people.

Meanwhile, various organisations including Pakistan Co-ordination Committee, Tehreek-e-Kashmir, Pakistan Welfare Association and the PPP, Greater London Chapter, have welcomed his appointment as the new High commissioner and expressed hope that Wajid Shamsul Hasan would continue to serve the interest of the Pakistani Diaspora and further strength the ties between the two countries.

Source: AryOne World Website
http://www.ary.net.pk/beta/newsdetail.asp?nid=4829

Oxy
24th June 2008, 00:31
I look forward to cursing his name next time I'm at the British High Commission close to tears over a lost / delayed visa/Nadra application or A1/Gold customer service

zaminabs
24th June 2008, 00:40
Yeh I hope he revamps the way its consular section works. It really is a mess I've been there once and never again!!!

I suppose he'll concentrate on having guests at the High Commission to show what a big party Pakistani people can throw.

Oxy - what did you think of Ary Oneworld's new website?

Oxy
24th June 2008, 01:02
Oxy - what did you think of Ary Oneworld's new website?

I'm hooked - cant stay away from it!

12thMan
24th June 2008, 01:03
That is great. You are almost at home when there.

Wazeeri
25th June 2008, 01:47
The visa and Nadra departments are pretty decent. Give credit where it's due.

Goto a european embassy and try to get the same service.