PDA

View Full Version : Malik nominated for peace award

Islamabadi
25th September 2008, 06:47
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Islamabad: The International Human Rights Commission (IHRC) on Wednesday nominated Advisor on Interior to the PM Rehman Malik for the International Peace Award 2008 for his efforts in the war against terrorism.

Rehman Malik is the first male from Pakistan and 3rd member of Pakistan People's Party to receive the honour as the award had also been conferred on Shaheed Mohtarma Benazir Bhutto in the year 1996 for her outstanding contributions for democracy and human rights.

The award is in recognition of the services rendered by Rehman Malik in the area of fighting the war against terrorism and extremism for achieving the lasting peace in the country, strengthening the democratic institutions after the establishment of newly elected government under the leadership of President Asif Ali Zardari.

In his career, Rehman Malik served as a bold and brave officer and as the member of the Pakistan People's Party, he played very vital role for the return of the democracy in the country, said Ambassador Dr Muhammad Shahid Amin Khan, World Chairman of the IHRC, here after having a meeting with Rehman Malik. Lauding Rehman Malik for his bold steps as the advisor on interior, Dr Khan said, "He is fighting for the country and its people and is committed to establish peace and rule of law. He is fulfilling the promise of Shaheed Bhutto."Rehman Malik would receive this award in a ceremony to be organised by the IHRC in New York on December 10, 2008.

what a sick joke

Asim2Good
25th September 2008, 07:43
Islamabad: The International Human Rights Commission (IHRC) on Wednesday nominated Advisor on Interior to the PM Rehman Malik for the International Peace Award 2008 for his efforts in the war against terrorism.

:91: :91: :91:

12thMan
25th September 2008, 07:49
So this Malik is not me? :20: :romeo

Zeenix
25th September 2008, 09:36
Ok so now even the IHRC is a joke

Khabri420
25th September 2008, 09:38
i think zardari is a more deserving candidate. :)

Zeenix
25th September 2008, 09:42
Nah, the Dictator :mush is the candiate of the millennium for screwing Pakistan and its people for a whole whopping 9 years.

MIG
25th September 2008, 12:40
Rehmans acceptance speech should be in URDU - his English is appalling.

thirdman
25th September 2008, 12:54
"Malik nominated for peace award" is as much of a joke as "Malik nominated for cricket captain of the year"

Momo
25th September 2008, 13:16
That's why I am against all awards - filmfare, Academy, Emmy (or is it Emy?), Grammy, Granny, blah blah blah - a complete waste of time.

b0wld
25th September 2008, 14:53
That's why I am against all awards - filmfare, Academy, Emmy (or is it Emy?), Grammy, Granny, blah blah blah - a complete waste of time.
Well i like the Emmy's but this yrs show was pathetic.. the reality TV hosts should be fired for hosting such a lame show..wasted 3 hrs of my precious time...

On to Rehman Malik..well what can i say...the guy i something

DHONI183
25th September 2008, 19:24
Rehmans acceptance speech should be in URDU - his English is appalling.

I wanted to say this as well:P.

soul_on_ice
25th September 2008, 20:51
Islamabad: The International Human Rights Commission (IHRC) on Wednesday nominated Advisor on Interior to the PM Rehman Malik for the International Peace Award 2008 for his efforts in the war against terrorism

Si vis pacem, para bellum. Or something like that. I think that's what they were going for. What anyone with a brain concludes is "War for peace is like sex for virginity."

On a side note, anyone know who's credited with that last quote?

Mohsin
25th September 2008, 21:55
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BUT BUT BUT what about :Evil Nobel Peace Prize?!

Yeah kia ho raha hai?!

12thMan
25th September 2008, 22:08
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BUT BUT BUT what about :Evil Nobel Peace Prize?!

Yeah kia ho raha hai?!The Nobel Piece Prize will be reduced to $900,000. One piece is not good and should be a lasting thing.

We are still waiting for a new award named after Bhutto or will renaming some old award do?

Mohsin
25th September 2008, 22:17
The Nobel Piece Prize will be reduced to $900,000. One piece is not good and should be a lasting thing.

We are still waiting for a new award named after Bhutto or will renaming some old award do?

Well we just have to rename an award donít we?

Benzair Bhutto peace prize (BBs-PP), has a ring to it no?

I think we should also rename something after :Evil he probably feels left out:(