PDA

View Full Version : Dr Qadeer released

Zeenix
6th February 2009, 20:08
According to GEO, Dr Qadeer has been released by the Govt. IHC declares AQ Khan as a free citizen.

Another good step by the Govt.

Indian Minister terms it as threat to the world

http://geo.tv/2-6-2009/34548.htm

MIG
6th February 2009, 20:17
BBC ticker says that Dr Sahib says that he "doesnt care for US" !

12thMan
6th February 2009, 20:42
..When asked about what the international community would think, he said: "Let them talk. Are they happy with our God? Are they happy with our Prophet? Are they happy with our leaders? Never, so why should we bother what they say about us?"

He added: "I would be more worried about what you (Pakistani journalists) say about me, not what Bush says or what Dick Cheney says. I don't damn care."

Dr Khan must still give 48 hours' notice if he wants to leave Islamabad but he said on Friday that he had no plans to go abroad or to go into politics.

Dr Khan, the former head of Pakistan's nuclear programme, said he would use his freedom to concentrate on educational projects.

He added: "All this has happened because of the keen interest taken by the president, the prime minister and especially [Interior Minister] Rehman Malik, who has looked into the case, reviewed it, discussed it with the government, discussed it with the concerned authorities."

Dr Khan's wife said she would wait to see how and whether the court's judgement was executed....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7873962.stm

Zechariah
6th February 2009, 23:09
Lets hope he doesn't repeat the mistake of speaking to media like last time as his statement become catchy for the Western leaders.

waqar_ahmad
6th February 2009, 23:26
Good move, and I like his statements about not caring of what others think.

Mohsin
6th February 2009, 23:35
Hopefully he'll keep a little quieter this time BUT an excellent move.

How can you have a national hero imprisoned?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7875430.stm

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

6th February 2009, 23:53
This is the most absolutely stupid move that we could have made now.

Just when we were beginning to get the trust back of the international community we release what the rest of the world consider to be the most dangerous man on the planet.

US congress is already reviewing the increased aid package that we were supposed to get and this will put immense pressure on Obama.

And others nations as well aren't going to look favorably on this as we go around the world begging for money.

6th February 2009, 23:54
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090206/pl_afp/pakistannuclearweaponskhanuscongressaid_2009020619 0533

A.Q. Khan release to weigh on aid: US lawmaker

WASHINGTON (AFP) The US Congress will weigh Pakistan's decision to release nuclear scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan when it next considers US aid to Islamabad, a leading lawmaker warned Friday.

Democratic Representative Howard Berman, who chairs the House Foreign Affairs Committee, called "very alarming" the decision to free the alleged nuclear proliferator after five years effectively under house arrest.

"US officials have been prevented from interviewing Khan to try to determine the extent of the damage he has done to world stability," the California lawmaker said in a statement.

"Congress will take this into account as we review and create legislation on US-Pakistan relations and the circumstances under which US assistance is provided to Islamabad," said Berman.

In Islamabad, a Pakistani court Friday declared Khan -- revered by many Pakistanis as the father of the country's atomic bomb -- a free man after a closed session with lawyers for the government and the scientist.

"I am deeply concerned that, by releasing him, the Pakistani government may in effect be giving him license to resume, perhaps directly, his past actions to aid, abet and profit from the spread of nuclear weapons," said Berman.

The 72-year-old Khan has been effectively under house arrest in Islamabad since February 2004, when he confessed on television to sending nuclear secrets to Iran, Libya and North Korea, although he later retracted his remarks.

Military ruler and then president Pervez Musharraf pardoned Khan in 2004, but he was kept at his residence, guarded by troops and intelligence agents.

Cryptoanalyst
7th February 2009, 02:21
He is Shoaib Akhtar of scientists. Me me me, thats all you can hear from them. Egoistics, both of them.

McBoom
7th February 2009, 03:33
Good move, you can't keep a national hero imprisoned for something our leaders were responsible for.

kingusama92
7th February 2009, 03:36
Good to see the guy out... ridiculous that they had him imprisoned in the first place...

Momo
7th February 2009, 03:46
Good move.

Dr. sahab should now try to stop acting like a film star and keep a low profile.

Somali Pirate
7th February 2009, 05:35
some americans who are angry about this move.

look at the paranoia and hatred.. :)))

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/32683_Pakistan_Frees_Nuclear_Salesman_A.Q._Khan/comments/#ctop

observer1
7th February 2009, 12:16
some americans who are angry about this move.

look at the paranoia and hatred.. :)))

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/32683_Pakistan_Frees_Nuclear_Salesman_A.Q._Khan/comments/#ctop

Don't bother even reading let alone quoting from such a backward website bro, it's just a waste of time.

Such people are so close-minded, you're have a more productive chat with a wall.

MIG
7th February 2009, 12:19
isnt he very ill?

Khabri420
7th February 2009, 12:32
Good move.

Dr. sahab should now try to stop acting like a film star and keep a low profile.

He should come out the street and join the lawyers movement. Or he could be Chaudhry Iftikhar's new driver :)

Mohsin
7th February 2009, 20:13
isnt he very ill?

He had prostate cancer i think...

feather
7th February 2009, 21:08
Hero he might be but considering his last comments I would have kept him under very tight security even as free man ie can never speak to media or get anywhere near a computer etc etc. True or false it simply does not matter if he did or didn't...they made him the fall guy. As soldier of Pakistan he should have taken that upon himself that he was doing something for the greater good of the country.

I don't really have a personal opinion on this. But I would rather have him known as the guy who let nuke secrets out then the the government of Pakistan.