PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lanka v West Indies, 1st Test, Colombo [12/7/05]

Amjid Javed
12th July 2005, 21:23
When Shivnarine Chanderpaul walks out to toss at the Sinhalese Sports Club ground in Colombo on Wednesday, he has an interesting challenge ahead. How, minus the likes of Brian Lara and Ramnaresh Sarwan, is his team going to answer the questions posed by Muttiah Muralitharan and company? One thing's for sure - it's not going to be easy. His team is by far the least experienced West Indian unit to take the field. And Sri Lanka, not particularly overjoyed at having the gloss taken off a big series, will come at them all guns blazing.

West Indies have traditionally relied on Lara to show them the way when playing against Sri Lanka. He has done so admirably in the past, playing Muralitharan with more finesse and control than any other batsman in world cricket. At the best of times it is hard to play Murali, but it might just prove to be too much for this team. Leaving aside Chanderpaul, no batsman has the experience needed to counter the unorthodoxy of Murali's prodigious spin. Dwayne Smith has the next most experience - a mere six Tests - and the less said about the rest the better.

West Indies can take some consolation from the fact that their bowling has a bit of firepower left. Jermaine Lawson and Tino Best have been around a while, and their genuine pace through the air could pose some problems even on slow Sri Lankan pitches. But the key to doing well in Sri Lanka is spin, and West Indies can only hope that Omari Banks can shoulder the workload.

For what it's worth, Chanderpaul has said that his team was raring to go. "We would not have been here if we did not think we could compete," he said, on the eve of the match. "This is a young bunch we have who are determined to make a name for themselves. They are very keen to get on with it. Don't write them off even before the series has started. Everyone needs a chance to prove themselves."

Bennett King, the coach, has also expectedly thrown his weight behind Chanderpaul. "You find diamonds in coal," he said. "It takes a little pain to get joy. West Indian cricket may be in a state of flux but the system is in place for a brighter future."

Keeping with the spirit of things, Marvan Atapattu, the Sri Lankan captain, insisted that his team would not take things lightly. "We are not complacent at all," said Atapattu. "There is a Test match to be played and I am certain the West Indians are as much ready for the challenge as we are. We have to do the job once we get there. We can't be thinking who is there is their line-up and who is not. There are runs to be scored and 20 wickets to be taken to win."

All that may be well, but if form sheets ever meant anything, there will only be one team on the park capable of scoring enough runs and taking 20 wickets to settle the issue.

Sri Lanka Marvan Atapattu (capt), Sanath Jayasuriya, Mahela Jayawardena, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Thilan Samaraweera, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Upul Chandana, Chaminda Vaas, Nuwan Zoysa, Muttiah Muralitharan, Lasith Malinga, Gayan Wijekoon, Russel Arnold, Rangana Herath.

West Indies Shivnarine Chanderpaul (capt), Denesh Ramdin (wk), Darren Powell, Omari Banks, Kerry Jeremy, Deighton Butler, Sylvester Joseph, Narsingh Deonarine, Dwayne Smith, Tino Best, Jermaine Lawson, Xavier Marshall, Runako Morton, Ryan Ramdass.

Amjid Javed
12th July 2005, 21:24
expect sri lanka to slaughter west indies within 3/4 days max. what a shambles west indies are administratively!

Rob H
12th July 2005, 21:51
is it on any uk channels?

Amjid Javed
12th July 2005, 22:06
is it on any uk channels?

i dunno am afraid.

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 11:36
latest - West Indies 78/2

joseph 28, marshall 10,

morton 30* Deonarine 0* at moment

link - http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/NEW/LIVE/frames/WI_SL_T1_13-17JUL2005.html

Rob H
13th July 2005, 11:43
oh yeah. Forgot about this game. Come on Windies

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 12:33
West indies reach 105/3 @ lunch..! big runs needed from chanderpaul and dwayne smith when he bats here...!

Daoud
13th July 2005, 12:39
Coming on Ten Sports in Bahrain. Forgot about this match, but have seen the highlights of the first session.

***** was looking pretty good until he played a brainless shot. Went for a massive hoick with a huge gap between bat and pad to Murali. As you can imagine he got cleaned up.

The new Lankan bowler - Wijekoon looks extremely average. He managed a wicket but he seems to be of our Special K's calibre. Bowls between 115 and 125 without any real swing either

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 13:00
Daoud are you from bahrain?

Daoud
13th July 2005, 13:05
No, Im Pakistani. My parents live here though

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 13:41
No, Im Pakistani. My parents live here though

so do u live in pakistan or UK etc...?

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 13:50
latest --> West Indies 156/5

dwayne smith fails getting 4 and is out lbw no shock there!

Daoud
13th July 2005, 13:52
Read the location tab by my name :7:

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 13:57
Read the location tab by my name :7:

:19: thanks

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 14:17
D Ramdin 52*

A maiden test 50 congrats

latest --> West Indies 183/5

ZM
13th July 2005, 14:44
West Indies 212/6 (58.0 ov) at tea

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 15:08
Chanderpaul needs to get a ton here and west indies need 2 get to 300.

mulan
13th July 2005, 15:26
Not likely....he's running out of partners...fast...
And I cannot see the likes of powell, best and lawson giving him the kind of support he's gonna need...

he may have to play an un-chanderpaul like innings to achieve that...

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 15:41
Not likely....he's running out of partners...fast...
And I cannot see the likes of powell, best and lawson giving him the kind of support he's gonna need...

he may have to play an un-chanderpaul like innings to achieve that...

are u watching the game live? whats the pitch like?

mulan
13th July 2005, 15:55
are u watching the game live? whats the pitch like?
No....:2: I have to run to catch glimpses....and with these high heels it's suicide...

But what I could see of the pitch....(and I hope I don't sound like a commentator..) it looks really good for batting...bare.....nothing green that I could see, a little assistance still if the lankan quicker bowlers bend their backs a little....:22:
No spin...yet....they say it may from the 3rd day...but then that's to be expected, right?

I don't know much about Omari Banks, but if he can stay there with Chanderpaul, your idea of 200 plus don't seem too far-fetched.... I was a little dissapointed at the shots marshall and morton played....

so...this seems like a good pitch....it's the in-experience of the windies that will be their downfall, more than anything else (personal opinion :3: )

mulan
13th July 2005, 16:01
Before I get corrected by miggy...300 plus!!!! sorry, trying to type too fast...

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 16:05
No....:2: I have to run to catch glimpses....and with these high heels it's suicide...

But what I could see of the pitch....(and I hope I don't sound like a commentator..) it looks really good for batting...bare.....nothing green that I could see, a little assistance still if the lankan quicker bowlers bend their backs a little....:22:
No spin...yet....they say it may from the 3rd day...but then that's to be expected, right?

I don't know much about Omari Banks, but if he can stay there with Chanderpaul, your idea of 200 plus don't seem too far-fetched.... I was a little dissapointed at the shots marshall and morton played....

so...this seems like a good pitch....it's the in-experience of the windies that will be their downfall, more than anything else (personal opinion :3: )

omari banks is very capable batsmen and cud possibly stick around. colombo is usually a very hard dry wicket which see`s alot of swing early on due to humidty. the pitch tends to crumble come days 3/4/5 so it sounds like a typical sri lankan dust bowl!

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 16:08
latest --> West Indies 249/6

crab 56* banks 21*

15 overs left in days play

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 16:32
West Indies 270/6 (81)

pretty good stuff from west indies "A" team

mulan
13th July 2005, 16:39
I guess you're not watching live...I've been on lunch and checked out a few overs...

Did u say spin from day 3/4/5....well, that "dust bowl" is spinning now....or murali is up to his old tricks....

The last ball of the 78th over....spin back so much it hit sangakkara high on his left shoulder!!!!

I am getting more and more impressed with Banks....how come he didn't play against us?

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 16:44
I guess you're not watching live...I've been on lunch and checked out a few overs...

Did u say spin from day 3/4/5....well, that "dust bowl" is spinning now....or murali is up to his old tricks....

The last ball of the 78th over....spin back so much it hit sangakkara high on his left shoulder!!!!

I am getting more and more impressed with Banks....how come he didn't play against us?

no sadly am not watching live. banks is a good batsmen/but abit of a pie thrower come spinner so he was nt included against us.

maybe if west indies look at him as a number 6/7 batsmen who can bowl they may find more profit!

how is chanderpaul play?

mulan
13th July 2005, 16:56
crabby.....

But he's doing what his team's needing at the moment...a cool head and a score to defend...

He played a daring shot in the 80th, danced down the track and hit herath for a GLORIOUS six!!!! It was beautiful!
It does not seem like he's trying to protect banks or anything...banks seems quite at ease, hit jayasuryia for a lovely four...playing his shots...I suppose that's why crab thinks he doesn't have to protect him or anything...(why u call him crab, now I'm doing it too!)

He looks a little, shall I say "edgy" against murali though....

Bad light has been offered and accepted....end of the days' play...

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 17:19
crabby.....

But he's doing what his team's needing at the moment...a cool head and a score to defend...

He played a daring shot in the 80th, danced down the track and hit herath for a GLORIOUS six!!!! It was beautiful!
It does not seem like he's trying to protect banks or anything...banks seems quite at ease, hit jayasuryia for a lovely four...playing his shots...I suppose that's why crab thinks he doesn't have to protect him or anything...(why u call him crab, now I'm doing it too!)

He looks a little, shall I say "edgy" against murali though....

Bad light has been offered and accepted....end of the days' play...

banks has a pretty decent test record with the bat

Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
OAC Banks (http://uk.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/51258.html) 9 13 5 291 50* 36.37 0 1 5 0

chanderpaul is called crabby or the crab due to his stance at the crease. hes hunched up like a crab

mulan
13th July 2005, 17:30
banks has a pretty decent test record with the bat

Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
OAC Banks (http://uk.cricinfo.com/westindies/content/player/51258.html) 9 13 5 291 50* 36.37 0 1 5 0

chanderpaul is called crabby or the crab due to his stance at the crease. hes hunched up like a crab
Thanks for the stats!

Would be great if both him and crab can get centuries tomorrow...Like you say, that test record looks pretty decent....The 5 not outs help I suppose...

I don't recall chanderpaul being quite so "crab-like" when they toured here last...I guess it works for him...But it's pretty ugly!

mulan
13th July 2005, 17:35
I was hoping sars_pal would join us again....

Anybody knows?....

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 17:39
Thanks for the stats!

Would be great if both him and crab can get centuries tomorrow...Like you say, that test record looks pretty decent....The 5 not outs help I suppose...

I don't recall chanderpaul being quite so "crab-like" when they toured here last...I guess it works for him...But it's pretty ugly!

your welcome. chanderpaul looks like a crab and bats like a snail. however, he does get runs so no can be-grudge the ugly cricket he plays at times. sri lanka shud be due the new ball if they havent already taken it so west indies need to bat solidly for atleast 1 hour tmoz.

west indies tail is likely to fold easily so sri lanka know 1 quick wicket and they cud wrap things up!

mulan
13th July 2005, 17:52
Well, if I have to choose between 2 snails (kallis and crab) then I'll choose crab anytime!

It was murali who bowled that last over before close, along with herath...so I guess new ball wasn't taken.

I agree with your last point. Do you think the windies bowling will be up to the challenge though? Will Lawson and Best be effective on that dust bowl?

Amjid Javed
13th July 2005, 18:46
Well, if I have to choose between 2 snails (kallis and crab) then I'll choose crab anytime!

It was murali who bowled that last over before close, along with herath...so I guess new ball wasn't taken.

I agree with your last point. Do you think the windies bowling will be up to the challenge though? Will Lawson and Best be effective on that dust bowl?

west indies bowling attack is very weak and i cant see them bowling out sri lanka cheapley. powell and best will have to take atleast 2/3 wkts with the new ball which will be crucial in these conditions. the spin attack is depandant on banks and deonarine niether of whom look that scary a product. West indies batsmen will have to put up 300+ totals in both inns to compete in this test!

Sohaib
14th July 2005, 01:21
Hmmm........reasonably good performance by Windies after what I saw their practice match scorecard.

mulan
14th July 2005, 11:51
Lanka 43/3....14 overs...

Great come-back by the windie bowlers after losing those 4 wickets so cheaply this morning.

I thought those 2 lbw's were a little high....but hey, I'm not an ump.

Sangakkara is batting like it's a one day match.....that boy needs a haircut...

Hey....he's out!

Great bowling by that "pie-thrower" of yours AJ!

mulan
14th July 2005, 12:26
Lanka 70/4 after 19 overs....Lunch day 2.

I miss sars_pal...he would have enjoyed this as much as me...

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 12:35
Lanka 43/3....14 overs...

Great come-back by the windie bowlers after losing those 4 wickets so cheaply this morning.

I thought those 2 lbw's were a little high....but hey, I'm not an ump.

Sangakkara is batting like it's a one day match.....that boy needs a haircut...

Hey....he's out!

Great bowling by that "pie-thrower" of yours AJ!

:17: am in shock. how have west indies pacers bowled?

what type speeds have lawson and best bowled at?

whats wicket playing like?

also well done west indies thus far.

mulan
14th July 2005, 12:59
:17: am in shock. how have west indies pacers bowled?

what type speeds have lawson and best bowled at?

whats wicket playing like?

also well done west indies thus far.

Q1...very well actually...I was impressed with both Powell and Lawson this morning...Powells figures 9..3..9..2 (incl 2 no balls) Lawson 5..1..20..1 (1 no ball, but he bowled even better than those figures suggests....Best was bowling when Sanga was hitting out...

Q2...Best, Lawson and Powell in the 140's....Last time I checked, I think the fastest was Lawson at 144...

Q3...Wicket's not acting up at all....apart from this morning it looked a whole lot different than that "dust bowl" you suggested yesterday...Pace and bounce came from absolutely nowhere....Maybe because of the new ball... Malinga bowled a wicked little spell this morning...That boy's action worries me a little....

You should have seen the ball that Vaas got Best with....WAY too good to waste on a number 10! Fast inswinging yorker....unplayable! LEG STUMP knocked over...

Banks did get the wicket of Sanga, caught behind....but he's really a bit of a
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_130.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYMU)or maybe he'll still prove us wrong....I hope so...

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 13:09
latest Sri Lanka 93/6 :17: :17: omg!

mulan
14th July 2005, 13:16
Hey! You are watching after all?! I have been warned about running...So from now on I've got to go cricinfo.... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYMU)

So....any ideas on a follow on then? Will Chanders enforce or not? Would you like to bat last on this wicket? At the innings break, it did look a little like our front stoep after a heavy wind storm....sand all over the place....

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 13:32
Hey! You are watching after all?! I have been warned about running...So from now on I've got to go cricinfo.... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYMU)

So....any ideas on a follow on then? Will Chanders enforce or not? Would you like to bat last on this wicket? At the innings break, it did look a little like our front stoep after a heavy wind storm....sand all over the place....

am following game on cric-info, am actually at work @ the moment.

the follow on is usually if youre 200 runs behind so sri lanka are past that figure.

batting last in asia is very difficult and even more so in sri lanka. anything over 200/250 target and i can see west indies winning the game.

the pitch will break up on day 3/4/5. more so on last 2 days.. so asny lead for w.indies wud be great.

mulan
14th July 2005, 13:41
the follow on is usually if youre 200 runs behind so sri lanka are past that figure.

I know...was not watching the totals....:3:

the pitch will break up on day 3/4/5. more so on last 2 days.. so asny lead for w.indies wud be great.Don't know that pitch too well, but it's still looking good...how can it just crumble in a day?...

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 13:52
Don't know that pitch too well, but it's still looking good...how can it just crumble in a day?...

baking hot soon should open any cracks on pitch and bowlers following thru (foot marks) shud ensure further breaking up. pitch will get slower and lower as game goes on. it will be gradual maybe my statement on crumbling in a day was overstated.

u watching the game today?

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 13:54
latest --> Sri Lanka 124/7

herath and vass need to get sri lanka up to 200 somehow.

Daoud
14th July 2005, 13:59
Everyone knew that the Sri Lankan batsmen are as pea-hearted as they come once they leave their shores, but this is taking it to a whole new level. A bit of pace and they have shown virtually no backbone

AT1
14th July 2005, 14:01
expect sri lanka to slaughter west indies within 3/4 days max. what a shambles west indies are administratively!

:5: :5: :5: :5:

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 14:04
:5: :5: :5: :5:

:7: oops!

mulan
14th July 2005, 14:10
Everyone knew that the Sri Lankan batsmen are as pea-hearted as they come once they leave their shores, but this is taking it to a whole new level. A bit of pace and they have shown virtually no backbone
Please tell me u're watching! hate cricinfo... miss Ranjit and Bish :4:

Daoud
14th July 2005, 14:36
I am watching it on and off.

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 14:37
latest Sri Lanka 167/8

murali in now shud be fun

mulan
14th July 2005, 14:41
I've just been insulted by a colleague! Asked me what the score was...I told him...

He says.."your poor team"

I tell him Lanka is NOT my team....Pakistan is....

He says..."same difference"...

ENGLISHMEN!!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_200v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYMU)

Daoud
14th July 2005, 14:43
That is pretty bad. Stupid ignorant people

MIG
14th July 2005, 14:55
Mulan , I authorize a pre emptive strike on this individual. Spray his chair with super glue, minutes before he arrives at work....

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 15:01
Mulan , I authorize a pre emptive strike on this individual. Spray his chair with super glue, minutes before he arrives at work....

:17: :17:

also put laxatives into his coffee or tea

mulan
14th July 2005, 15:07
won't work....he's rather, shall I say...Large....glue won't hold...:3:

Not that bad I guess...many ignorant ones I have to work with here...some keep asking me if I'm indian!!!

I don't get angry anymore...what's the use...

It's Murali's batting that's driving me up the wall though!

mulan
14th July 2005, 15:10
:17: :17:

also put laxatives into his coffee or tea

:17: :17: Rather not!!!!

Can u imagine the scene....This hefty individual will have to run past my office on his way to the little boys' room....

Vaas has got to go...Hoping for a windie first innings lead of 100....

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 15:15
are vass and murali still batting? have they started after tea?

mulan
14th July 2005, 15:16
Lanka 185/8....that's a goodbye to the 100 run first innings lead I was hoping for....

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 15:22
Lanka 185/8....that's a goodbye to the 100 run first innings lead I was hoping for....

i just hope west indies dont have there traditional 2nd inns batting collapse. anything over 50 runs lead will be handy. 100 wud have been great!

zaf1986
14th July 2005, 15:29
SL are embarrasing, at least Pak lost to Brian Lara-ed WI, SL are looking like losing to a WI A team.

mulan
14th July 2005, 15:33
Vaas on 47*...on his way to 9th test 50...

I see the current 9th wicket partnership of 51 is a lankan record...

200/8

zaf1986
14th July 2005, 15:34
Vaas on 47*...on his way to 9th test 50...

I see the current 9th wicket partnership of 51 is a lankan record...

200/8

Vass deserves a hundred...

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 15:36
Sri Lanka 204/8 (trail by 81 runs)

WPUJC Vaas 47* (93b 5x4) M Muralitharan 20* (29b 3x4)

Looks like sri lanka could claw themselves back into game here...

zaf1986
14th July 2005, 15:38
Murali into the act with a six of Deonarine.

mulan
14th July 2005, 15:40
Murali just hit a ball off Best through the covers for 4....

Would have loved to see that!

probably just laid a bat on it.... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_107v.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYMU)

from cricinfo....

"Deonarine to Muralitharan....2 runs TICKLED to fine leg...." I'm tickled....pink...

I need to laugh today....

mulan
14th July 2005, 15:43
Murali into the act with a six of Deonarine.
murali's strike rate 85.29....I'm not laughing anymore...

Vaas out! No....he deserved a 50...at least!

215/9

zaf1986
14th July 2005, 15:44
Murali is good hitter when in the mood. I remember he was pasting England all over the place on the last tour. Shame about Vaas.

Shoaib A
14th July 2005, 15:46
Its going to be a low scoring game......lanka almost all out here...:14:

mulan
14th July 2005, 15:48
Murali is good hitter when in the mood. I remember he was pasting England all over the place on the last tour. Shame about Vaas.
That's the point then...."good hitter" :4:

It's the "tickle" thing from cricinfo that got me going...

I love to watch Murali bat...his smile is contagious....like YK's...:3:

Shoaib A
14th July 2005, 15:51
yea I watched him long time ago, but still looks like murali is smilling when hitting....:)

mulan
14th July 2005, 16:04
Murali goes for 36.....Lanka all out 227....a lead of 58 to the windies then....

You were right AJ....Lankans clawed themselves back here...Specially 'cause at one time a lead of well over 100 was on the cards....A lead of 58 still handy enough though....

Hope Windies post a good total....Will be a great test then...

MIG
14th July 2005, 16:08
As usual WIs main test will come in their 2nd innings - they always seem to do well in the first half of the match !

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 16:18
As usual WIs main test will come in their 2nd innings - they always seem to do well in the first half of the match !

i agree 100% west indies have folded for less than 100 many times in 2nd inns with bat. plenty of time left so west indies should aim for minimum socre 200 (250+ lead)

a good 2nd half of game ahead hopefully!

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 16:22
West indies inns starts now...

zaf1986
14th July 2005, 16:32
3/2 - Poor start - Vaas has morton & marshall lbw

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 16:42
3/2 - Poor start - Vaas has morton & marshall lbw

as i said b4 west indies always tend to fold in 2nd inns :12:

mulan
14th July 2005, 16:48
On lunch now...but appetite gone... WI 14/2..

will eat only dessert...the chocolate will help...

Why Murali brought on so early? Vaas and Malinga bowling well...

mulan
14th July 2005, 16:54
I guess that's why....Joseph ct Jayawardene b Murali...

15/3

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 16:55
West Indies 15/3 now....!
doesnt look good! murali takes a wkt!

thats why hes on mulan

Muhammad
14th July 2005, 17:01
Bad light saves the day for now.

As expected Chanderpaul is the key. But for the Windies to have a realistic chance of staying in the game you feel Dwayne Smith is gonna have to have one of his more fortuitous days.

mulan
14th July 2005, 17:10
Well....I can look forward to a 150 run partnership between Crab and Deonarine tomorrow...

And a quick 50 from Smith....

"You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?" http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_216.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYMU)

Amjid Javed
14th July 2005, 17:14
Bad light saves the day for now.

As expected Chanderpaul is the key. But for the Windies to have a realistic chance of staying in the game you feel Dwayne Smith is gonna have to have one of his more fortuitous days.

salam muhammed bhai, longtime no chat. how are you?

i agree chanderpaul i the key for windies.they need to some how get a 200 lead now (150 2nd inns score)

Rob H
14th July 2005, 22:13
"You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?" http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_216.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYMU)
hi dizzy mulan.
It would be great if the windies could win this but i still think that Sri Lanka have more of a chance. But as you said " you've got to have a dream"

Amjid Javed
15th July 2005, 14:51
West Indies 285 & 59/6

Sri Lanka 227

West Indies lead by 117 runs with 4 wickets remaining