PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan v Australia | 3rd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 27/04/09 | Pak Inngs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

UP
27th April 2009, 19:58
Pakistan has bowled well to keep Aussies in check. Let's hope they chase it well this time.

Pakistan need 199 runs to win in 50 overs.

Inswinger
27th April 2009, 20:00
I'm looking forward to seeing Sehzad open.

UP
27th April 2009, 20:01
Spinners again pegged them back. Shahid Afridi is having extremely good series with the ball.

Amjid Javed
27th April 2009, 20:02
Hopefully Snailman Butt and Shezad can get pakistan off to a flyer!

UP
27th April 2009, 20:03
Michael Clark predicting they are 20 runs short tonight.

ahsan17
27th April 2009, 20:04
Expecting another 20 off 50 from Mr Butt.

Inswinger
27th April 2009, 20:06
Expecting Butt to come out firing today!

MIG
27th April 2009, 20:07
As long as he doesnt fire his partner with a run out....

Saqs
27th April 2009, 20:08
Could everyone else also hear everything in the stump mic?

they should leave it on for every game...makes the game so much more interesting when you hear the convos between captain/bowler/keeper/slips fielder,

heard Hauritz complain to the umpire a couple of times about the ball being too old, and then Hauritz said..."we'll keep in mind that you didn't change the ball for us...if you change the ball for them etc."...a bit childish....

also - younis saying things like..."kuch nai hota....baaran minute rehtay hain" at the start of the 48th over lol....

it was good fun

Lethal
27th April 2009, 20:11

they should leave it on for every game...makes the game so much more interesting when you hear the convos between captain/bowler/keeper/slips fielder,

heard Hauritz complain to the umpire a couple of times about the ball being too old, and then Hauritz said..."we'll keep in mind that you didn't change the ball for us...if you change the ball for them etc."...a bit childish....

also - younis saying things like..."kuch nai hota....baaran minute rehtay hain" at the start of the 48th over lol....

it was good fun

Agree it was good to hear. They should keep it on but then you have the downside of it. Akmal chirping away.

Lethal
27th April 2009, 20:14
I'm looking forward to watching Ahmed Shazad bat. Hope Pakistan chase this down. The middle order of Younus Khan, Shoaib Malik and Misbah have not looked too comfortable. So if they get a chance, hope they can finish the game with some good contributions InshaALLAH.

Saqs
27th April 2009, 20:14
lol yeah

on another note - i am sick and tired of the Australian "analysts" at the break (on Foxtel)
especially Mark Waugh...

doesn't give Afridi the credit he deserves, always complaining that the aussies get themselves out to afridi, rather than give credit to afridi's guile and variations...

just don't seem to be taking Pak seriously...the general consensus is that Aus is underperforming, rather than Pak having the upper hand from their own doing...

bone_thug786
27th April 2009, 20:17
rather than give credit to afridi's guile and variations...

Anyone see afridis fast off spinner? clarke was laughin thinking ***!??!?! he just keeps coming out with new deliverys everytime. fast off spinners is gonna be a big wicket taker i can sense it.

Shahid A
27th April 2009, 20:18
Damn wanted an big score to chase... expecting another flop in the batting line up hope Afridi get's to bat

CricnPak
27th April 2009, 20:19
Apparently (according to BBC), Lee's rejoining the squad.

Shahid A
27th April 2009, 20:20
How long from now to Pak Innings?

Lethal
lol yeah

on another note - i am sick and tired of the Australian "analysts" at the break (on Foxtel)
especially Mark Waugh...

doesn't give Afridi the credit he deserves, always complaining that the aussies get themselves out to afridi, rather than give credit to afridi's guile and variations...

just don't seem to be taking Pak seriously...the general consensus is that Aus is underperforming, rather than Pak having the upper hand from their own doing...

Typical the bowlers should get the credit. This is a good pitch. Australia should have made 250 easy but the bowlers bowled beautifully.

At least you have some anaysis, here in the UK, ARY put some music or shows on. Boring.

azfar wali

it was good fun
Yeah it made the game alot more fun and interesting to watch. :akmal

Lethal
27th April 2009, 20:21
How long from now to Pak Innings?

I'm guessing that they are starting at 4:10

azfar wali
Pakistan Will InshAllah win by 10 wickets with Ahmed Shezad making a century.

Lightning
Slow pitch and hard to score - I can already see it... 15 off 60 for Butt... Dreadful!

Lightning
27th April 2009, 20:22
Pakistan Will InshAllah win by 10 wickets with Ahmed Shezad making a century.9 wickets with Butt being run out. :butt

Shahid A
Pakistan Will InshAllah win by 10 wickets with Ahmed Shezad making a century.

You really think we are not good at chasing low score's... i doubt 10 wickets

checkers.llvllaster
Slow pitch and hard to score - I can already see it... 15 off 60 for Butt... Dreadful!

Wasn't this the same pitch we played against WI? The avg. score on this pitch is a lot higher then this I believe...

Bouncer
27th April 2009, 20:23
is there a cricinfo substitute for fast updating score card?

JammydodgA
27th April 2009, 20:24
lol yeah

especially Mark Waugh...

I would expect them to be biased but they'll eventually have to give credit where it due. Especially if we keeo playing like this and get the deserved outcome at the end of the series! (Don't wanna say the words and jinx them) :)

love pak
27th April 2009, 20:25
when will it start??

JammydodgA
27th April 2009, 20:25
is there a cricinfo substitute for fast updating score card?

Try this one:
http://www.pcboard.com.pk/Archive/Scorecards/214/214062/214062_mini.html

Saj
27th April 2009, 20:26
No need to go crazy at the start. 4 runs per over needed, look for the singles rotate the strike and put the bad ball away.

Note to Butt - no daft running and make sure you look for the singles and not just the boundaries.

Shahid A
cricinfo not working at the moment

AFRIDI TO OPEN INNINGS

Amjid Javed
Can someone not injure Butt in changing rooms so he can come out with a runner? ;)

the Great Khan
27th April 2009, 20:27
send afridi in to bat with shehzad..!!

azfar wali
27th April 2009, 20:28
You really think we are not good at chasing low score's... i doubt 10 wickets

Well a 10 wicket win is possible because Butt and Ahmed Shezad both will try to cement their place inthe team and will play to prove a point that they are good enough to be in the team.

IAJ
27th April 2009, 20:29
Australians are playing on this wicket for the first time and Pakistan should take advantage of it coz we all know what the australians are capable of in the next match after getting used to the conditions.

sehban
27th April 2009, 20:30
I dont think it would be as easy for Pak as everybody thinks... first of all the ball does quite a lot under lights at Abu dhabi and Australia fast bowling arsenal is quite strong coupled with indifferent form of many Pak batsmen this still could turn into a tough task for Pak...

But Inshallah they will prove their doubters wrong and come off with an easy win today...

I would go with saving the wickets and playing cautiously in the first few overs rather than go bang bang... we need to play sensibly because we can win this game easily without any heroics.

IM NOT YOU
27th April 2009, 20:30
cricinfo not working at the moment

AFRIDI TO OPEN INNINGS

how do you know afridi is opening? is there anybody who can verify this?

shabbu1
27th April 2009, 20:34
I know it's not a big total by any means and we shouldn't play too extravagently, but the Pak bastmen really need to utilise the powerplays at the beginning of the innings. We didn't last time and it resulted in Butt labouring to a slow 50 and then giving his wicket away - putting big pressure on the middle order to up the ante - hence a low total.

shaun3
27th April 2009, 20:34
just signed in, i see it's lunch, and looks like pak did well to restrict them below 200 although from the comments it looks like its a hard pitch to score on.

Surprising to see both tanvir and arafat getting a game, gd job pak selectors/captain/coach. how did they bowl?

checkers.llvllaster
27th April 2009, 20:36
just signed in, i see it's lunch, and looks like pak did well to restrict them below 200 although from the comments it looks like its a hard pitch to score on.

Surprising to see both tanvir and arafat getting a game, gd job pak selectors/captain/coach. how did they bowl?

Our bowlers bowled quite well. Definitely, a lot better then the previous games for our pacers. Arafat was quite impressive, and Gul did quite well too...Malik and Afridi really squeezed the Aussies for the runs, and Ajmal bowled well too for the most part (except the last part, which he was hit for runs).

Ghoshtbuster
27th April 2009, 20:36
Tanvir crap. Arafat good.

Amjid Javed
27th April 2009, 20:37
Arafat and Tanvir add batting depth to the team.

This is a chance for pakistan top 3/4 to get some big runs and win the game today!

cricwiz
27th April 2009, 20:38
Why do we always suggest our openers to go and "defend-defend-defend" till the ball stops swinging... This gives a bowler immense confidence, and he can bring a good spell of swing bowling..

Why dont we expect them to go after bowlers slightly bad balls, and try to bring them under pressure... If a bowler is under pressure, u would automatically see ball stop swinging soon...

MIG
27th April 2009, 20:39
Tanvir is rusty - if we can give Rao so many chances, then we must try out Tanvir as well. He would have bowled better under lights in the evening with humidity being a factor

checkers.llvllaster
27th April 2009, 20:40
If we attack well in the batting, then it also gives us a psychological advantage in the next game, specially, if we beat them comprehensively. Although, I don't want a collapse of the batting either trying to blitz through this.

IM NOT YOU
27th April 2009, 20:40

same as ODI #1...

australia looked very comfortable with the fast bowling to start off, with a run out being the only reason they were 2 down early. otherwise they were looking like they could be possibly headed toward 260-280 type of score. ball coming onto bat pretty well from fast bowlers, outfield seems very quick.

that is when the spinners were introduced... pitch is very slow when it comes to the spinners for some reason, and it is not easy to get them away, although to their credit afridi and malik were bowling sensationally. pakistan used 60 % of the game with their 3 spinners and australia was simply unable to take the attack back to the spinners. really werent even able to guide the ball into the gaps or even take singles. too many maiden overs, and that was their downfall.

i see no reason for pakistan to be unable to chase this total down. seems like a 250 par pitch to me.

Lethal
27th April 2009, 20:41
Why do we always suggest our openers to go and "defend-defend-defend" till the ball stops swinging... This gives a bowler immense confidence, and he can bring a good spell of swing bowling..

Why dont we expect them to go after bowlers slightly bad balls, and try to bring them under pressure... If a bowler is under pressure, u would automatically see ball stop swinging soon...

Exactly. Don't know how Shazad will play. But our past openers including Butt don't know how to improvise. You shouldn't allow a bowler to ball to you. Try to take the attack to them. I reckon Shazad can offer this.

Should be starting now.

MIG
27th April 2009, 20:43
Just win the damn thing - given Aussie bowling attack, I would take nothing for granted.

Our batting isnt that great that we are looking for some gargantuan victory here. Just an efficient performance will do.

shaun3
27th April 2009, 20:43
Our bowlers bowled quite well. Definitely, a lot better then the previous games for our pacers. Arafat was quite impressive, and Gul did quite well too...

thanks! glad to hear arafat and the rest did well. hope the chase goes well; we need a solid batting performance to up our confidence for the rest of the series

abc_to_xyz
27th April 2009, 20:44
Tanvir wasn't that bad... He was not given the bowl in death overs otherwise he may had more wickets then Gul!

Lethal
27th April 2009, 20:45
Butt and Shazad coming out now. It will be interesting to see how much and how long the ball swings.

It won't be easy for Butt and Shazad but Butt is experienced now so he should play a boring innings.

First ball. 5 wides. Pakistan off the mark.

asifp
Salman Butt's dream come true. He can take 150 balls to get 75 runs and then the others can knock the runs off

checkers.llvllaster
First ball, wide and 4 runs for leg bye! 194 more runs to go!

Amjid Javed
Pakistan openers should just go out and be postive and put the bad balls away!

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 20:46
Will love to see shehzad now opening..last time i missed his short stay at the crease. I think butt saab will be asked to play his natural game :D , and we know what it is. It should be this way with Butt blocking one end up. Even if he ends up with a half century in 70 or 80 balls its a job well done. I just hope and pray that our middle order is not exposed early because they look extremely rusty. Even if they score at 3 an over in the first 15 without losing more than one wicket I think it should be easy going after that

Lethal
27th April 2009, 20:46
Butt standing outside the crease. Probably trying to minimise the swing.

However, he is beaten next ball. Butt fishing outside off stump.

Lethal
27th April 2009, 20:47
Beaten again.

Next ball Butt charges him and gets 2 runs.

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 20:47
5-0 ..slaman butt lookin to score fast..hesitation ..thank God not another run out

UP
27th April 2009, 20:48
Again hesitation in running but thankfuly them make it.

Big Daddy
he did it again , he did it again

checkers.llvllaster
1st over gone, 7/0.

UP
27th April 2009, 20:49
Pakistan 7-0

1 over

cricketkashmir
good defence..now shahzad to bat the next over..

cricwiz
Ball is not swinging that much... Its very much playable

Lets see how much it does for S Clark

Lethal
Butt trying a different approach today.

Just saw that run out between Shazad and Butt from the last ODI. It really was comical and it was funny to see Butt tun then turn back.

Amjid Javed
27th April 2009, 20:50
Butt nearly causes another run out ***!

UP
Single for Shahzad.

cricketkashmir
hilfenhaus to shahzad..first ball of the second over. played in the leg side by shahzad..single

Lethal
Shazad to face Hilfenhaus.

off the mark, he was behind the first ball nicely, well played.

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 20:51
Butt has to be careful.remember the LBW..ball coming in..wide by hilfenhaus

Amjid Javed
Sheazd off the mark

8/0

checkers.llvllaster
The good thing today is with Tanvir and Arafat added, we have a better batting strength too then the previous two games...

Big Daddy
butts trying a new strategy, he is looking to play fast, strike rate of 33 percent, eat ur heart out sehwag

shaun3
27th April 2009, 20:52
Tanvir crap. Arafat good.

Arafat far outperformed him in domestic the whole year (as well as nearly everyone else. Apart from M Aamer he was perhaps the next best bowler in the QEA this year), so not surprised that arafat did better than tanvir.

same as ODI #1...

australia looked very comfortable with the fast bowling to start off, with a run out being the only reason they were 2 down early. otherwise they were looking like they could be possibly headed toward 260-280 type of score. ball coming onto bat pretty well from fast bowlers, outfield seems very quick.

that is when the spinners were introduced... pitch is very slow when it comes to the spinners for some reason, and it is not easy to get them away, although to their credit afridi and malik were bowling sensationally. pakistan used 60 % of the game with their 3 spinners and australia was simply unable to take the attack back to the spinners. really werent even able to guide the ball into the gaps or even take singles. too many maiden overs, and that was their downfall.

i see no reason for pakistan to be unable to chase this total down. seems like a 250 par pitch to me.

I think we can safely replace ajmal with alam and really get a solid line-up in the next squad. I think ajmal will be missed, but there are enough options to partially compensate (alam/malik/afridi/shehzad). obviously, the added strength to the batting line-up would be immense.

im getting that nervousness that us pak fans are all too familiar with, but am relatively confident about the chase. thanks for the update all.

cricketkashmir
outside edge..ball goes in the off side

Big Daddy
is there any other top order batsman who gets beaten this consistently ?

Lethal
Wide the next ball.

Already Australia have conceded 6 extras. 1.2 overs gones.

Butt beaten again. Leading edge the next ball. Can't say Butt is too comfortable. Looking very edgy.

Played the next ball nicely.

Amjid Javed
Hilfy getting some early swing here!

9/0

Amjid Javed
is there any other top order batsman who gets beaten this consistently ?

Hafeez ;-)

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 20:53
single to butt..good fielding...shahzad on strike

Ghoshtbuster
Shezad's body language just looks so much more confident than Butt

cricketkashmir
4 by shahzad

UP
Nice clip by Shahzad for 4

Fallen King
That is the nice shot. Ahmed Shehzad!

FOUR

checkers.llvllaster
Shehzad hits a FOUR the second ball he faces! I like it so far!

cricketkashmir
flick in the leg side..on his pads

Lethal
Better shot from Butt. Good fielding prevented a boundary.

Lovely shot from Shazad. 4 to him. Off the pads.

Ghoshtbuster
4 for shezad

Umta
27th April 2009, 20:54
legend on the way nice classical 4 on leg

cricketkashmir
4 outside edge, butt

checkers.llvllaster
Now, a FOUR by Butt!

Big Daddy
salman butt must be thinking right now, ok so this kid is again showing me up, need to get rid of him before the pot boiler

cricketkashmir
ball flies through third slip

Lethal
Butt nicks past the slip. 4 to Butt.

Big difference between Shazad and Butt, the way they play.

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 20:55
18-0

shahzadddd
Afridi's smiling :afridi , Akmal's on his knees, what the fudge is going on:

http://content.cricinfo.com/pakvaus2009/content/image/401758.html

cricwiz
I think Butt makes those mediocre bowlers look world class, by his consistent, hesitant and uncertain defensive poke against outside the offstump balls...

Big Daddy
salman butt , salman butt, salman butt. so far 3 edges and countless misses. we be counting

cricketkashmir
good solid defence by butt

Lethal
Butt thinking new kid has hit a boundary so I must hit one. Typical.

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 20:56
Australian bowlers getting some good purchase from the wicket..this one came back sharply and again..

cricwiz
27th April 2009, 20:56
good solid defence by butt

Are you serious??? or was it a SERIOUS JOKE ;-)

Serendipity
27th April 2009, 20:57
which team shezad plays for domestically?

cricketkashmir
18-0 after 3..

Lethal
18 off 3 overs.

Shazad to face Hilfenhaus next over.

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 20:58
shahzad lets it go

bone_thug786
every now and then please just say the score aswell.

Amjid Javed
Pak 18/0 after 3

181 needed to win!

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 20:59
good solid defence..commentators praising shahzad...heaps of praises for him..comparing him to Mohammed Azharuddin in the leg side

Lethal
Shazad looking very solid. Getting behind the ball. Straight bat.

Another clip off the pads. Looks like a good player.

Butt gets beaten by a jaffa of a delivery.

cricketkashmir
beauty by hilfenhaus butt saab has no clue about this one

Saj
which team shezad plays for domestically?
Habib Bank - same as the skipper

Amjid Javed
Shezad is like most asian players very wrist and good off his legs!

19/0

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 21:00
shahzad gives advice to butt..nice to c :D

Big Daddy
27th April 2009, 21:00
salman butt playing with his reassuring best

Ghoshtbuster
27th April 2009, 21:01
"Future Afridi" :)))

cricketkashmir
Butt looking very very uncomfortable. Hope he survives some overs here

Oxy
Thats one of the most original banners you will see!

Good one!

Serendipity
why cant butt at least look a bit assured of what he is doing?

shaun3
geez butt looking clueless out there....

cricketkashmir
"Future Afridi" :)))
Pakistan need 11 afridis .. :D

Amjid Javed
Pak 19/0 after 4

Shezad looking good, Butt looking dodgy as usual!

cricwiz
Banner: Future Afridi is here ... and the kid made a :127: ly look as the camera focused on him... :D:D:D

Amir
27th April 2009, 21:02
Thats one of the most original banners you will see!

Good one!

What it say for us who are not watching?

abc_to_xyz
Shahzad is looking Best - Butt, good as usual (you can't play strokes all the time)....

cricketkashmir
single by shahzad.. this brings butt on strike

Lethal
Another clip off his pads. Shazad looking very strong there.

Umta
27th April 2009, 21:03
legend has already impressed aussie commentators

Mike Bassett
Imran you lazy git stop checking up on cricket do some patrols in your sillly red uniform!

Lethal
2 runs to Butt. Good cut shot.

cricketkashmir
good shot..I think this is stupid by butt..A better throw and he was gone

MIG
The people who really matter ...

shaun3
27th April 2009, 21:04
ahmed doing a good job of rotatting strike, butt doing a good job of keeping it....

Lethal
Banner: Future Afridi is here ... and the kid made a :127: ly look as the camera focused on him... :D:D:D

:))) :))) :)))

That kid made a serious hard face there.

spectator
are we playing a test match?? what is butt up to?

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 21:05
Well negotiated by BUTT

cricwiz
hmmmmm a beauty holding a banner bout Shahrukh.. hmmm ;-)

checkers.llvllaster
If Nasir doesn't suffer too many injuries, it would be awesome to see Shehzad opening with Jamshed sometime! We can have Sehwag and Gambhir kind of opening pair.

Saj
are we playing a test match?? what is butt up to?
do we need 10 an over ?

MIG
Hmmm

Amjid Javed
Pak 22/0 after 5

Oxy
What it say for us who are not watching?

"Future Shahid Afridi"

(with an arrow pointing South East towards a 7 year old kid)

Shame kid was a spoiled 'mummy / daddy / burger family type'

cricketkashmir
WE need 11 Afridis..thats one..the counting begins

checkers.llvllaster
27th April 2009, 21:06
Butt just needs to keep rotating the strike as Shehzad is doing...

Oxy
27th April 2009, 21:07
Butt is all over the shop at the moment

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 21:07
I remembered Saj when the croud started shouting when the camera focused on a girl... ;D

TurkishCricketFan
27th April 2009, 21:08
Butt lives on too many chances.

shaun3
best shot by butt all day as he gracefully ducks a bouncer

Lethal
Another play and miss from Butt.

Saj
I remembered Saj when the croud started shouting when the camera focused on a girl... ;D
How come ? I've honestly never shouted at the tv when a pretty girl has appeared on the screen ? :D

cricketkashmir
Butt is flummoxed by a beauty ...yet again

spectator
dont know what a guy like butt is doing in cricket team. he is making mess of his batting

Serendipity
what team ahmad shezad play in Pak domestic set up?

ali110
27th April 2009, 21:09
Butt doing what he does best. ******** in his pants. Even if he make fifty or hundred in this game, he is no good.
Keep sucking buddy, and they will make sure his place in the team is permanent.

Amjid Javed
Butt playing like a snail as usual!

IMMY69
butt looking really, really bad....

cricketkashmir
How come ? I've honestly never shouted at the tv when a pretty girl has appeared on the screen ? :D
Im sure you havent :D

Big Daddy
you know how it be, after 27 balls the strike rate is 33.33, still above 30s people, we be aite

godzilla
ahmed doing a good job of rotatting strike, butt doing a good job of keeping it....

hes been doing that for two games now - perfectly said. i like butt, and do think hes our best opening option in general, but why cant he even rotate when hes struggling?

against a weak aussie side and with a massive slice of luck, he might be able to get away with it, but imagine lining him up vs sehwag and gambhir.

Lethal
Good leave by Shazad. Good judgement from him.

Again well played. Guiding it to 3rd man. This guy Shazad is rotating the strike consistently.

IMMY69
Butt playing like a snail as usual!

playing like a snail or at snails pace is a big compliment...right now he just looks absolutely clueless....

Amjid Javed
27th April 2009, 21:10
Even though we need a solid start Butts crawl here is a joke!

Hes batting for another slow 50 so he can save his place!

Fallen King
Australian bowlers have been unlucky for the whole series. They have been bowling a lot better than our fast bowlers

Oxy
what team ahmad shezad play in Pak domestic set up?

Might be Habib Bank - def a bank

Oxy
4 to Butt

28-0

12thMan
Butt is flummoxed by a beauty ...yet againany pic?
Butt playing too slow even if the score is low. Maybe cramps and aur yeh chokkkaaaa but Butt

cricketkashmir
butt saab 4..great shot ..over the top

Plasma
beautiful shot from Butt!

Inside - out!

Amjid Javed
Shezad looks a class apart from Butt!

UP
Butt dances down the ground and smashes Bracken for four.

Lovely shot!

Ghoshtbuster
wow aggressive butt....thats what he should always do

Lethal
Some improvisation from Butt. He charged Bracken and hit him high over cover. Better from Butt.

MIG
Dont know what people want here.

Let them win in which ever way best suits them.

If Butt plays slow, we hate him - if he loses his wicket in some reckless way - we hate him more.

Saj
Butt came into this series I believe not in the best of touch. In fact didnt he score a few ducks before this series?

Big Daddy
27th April 2009, 21:11
that is seriously going to effect the 30 strike rate

Oxy
I dropped Butt from my Fantasy team yesterday - for disciplinary reasons.

And replaced him with Shehzad

cricketkashmir
any pic?
was talking about the ball..beautiful delivery...Dirty minds..hmmm..just joking

cricwiz
Shahzad is making look the bowlers just ok with nothing special about them ...

Butt is making them look worldclass... even Hilfenhaus.... Seems Butt has no idea where is offstump is, and keeps poking at balls outside offstump

Oxy
Great cut by Butt

Another 4

32-0

Faisalabad
credit to Shahzad for keep getting singles otherwise butt is doing his best to get few maidens for the bowlers..

Lethal
Another boundary for Butt. Top shot.

MIG
Now watch Haddin come up tp the stumps - he did that with Bracken

Plasma
Ends the over with a cut through square!

IronMan2009
Typical exhilirating start by Butt.

Fallen King
Finally, bracken is getting hammered now.

Two FOUR in the three ball in this over

cricketkashmir
Butt now started to look good with these two shots ..

shaun3
27th April 2009, 21:12
ahh now thats the butt i know, two fluid shots

spectator
problem with butt is he always looks as he is playing is first match. not a reliable opener!

Big Daddy
butt squeeze 2 of em from the sweet spot

ali110
looks like someone is reading commentary from here to Butt sahab. :)
He is furious.

cricketkashmir
there is another match going on by the way IPL..mumbai vs Knight riders..scorecard reads 111-0 after 10..sachin and jayasuriya batting

UP
Great start by Pakistan.

We are off to a flyer!

abc_to_xyz
27th April 2009, 21:13
Butt on Fire!!!! 2 fours...

UP
3 more runs by Shahzad

cricketkashmir
great timing by shahzad in the leg side..good running too..

Lethal
3 to Shazad. Another good shot from him.

spectator
beautiful shot by shahzad

Sheikh
Lovely shot by Shehzad.

MIG
there is another match going on by the way IPL..mumbai vs Knight riders..scorecard reads 111-0 after 10..sachin and jayasuriya batting

Pls yaar - maza na kharab karro.

Fallen King
Ahmed Shehzad is looking more confident as obviously

3 RUNS Taken

Plasma
27th April 2009, 21:14
Im liking this shezad kid! Hes really good through the leg side.
Although i haven't seen anything on the off side yet.

Serendipity
Might be Habib Bank - def a bank

Thanks Oxy, I checked briefly on cricinfo, nothing came up

Amjid Javed
Pak 32/0 after 7

Butt finally gets a move on!

Ghoshtbuster
Shezad should play in every single match for Pak for the rest of his career. really enjoying his confidence after guys like farhat/butt/hafeez

Serendipity

who cares!

IMMY69
27th April 2009, 21:15
Dont know what people want here.

Let them win in which ever way best suits them.

If Butt plays slow, we hate him - if he loses his wicket in some reckless way - we hate him more.

he can play as slow as he wants provided we win the game...i am just saying that he looks clueless and a class below any of the aussie batsmen....

lets hope he finds some form (as it looks like he may be doing).

Umta
the way legend is working the ball on the leg side, reminds me of Tendulkar

cricwiz

haha :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) well said

saeed-sohail
27th April 2009, 21:16
I am for an off side shot from shezad rest is good.

12thMan
27th April 2009, 21:16
Thanks Oxy, I checked briefly on cricinfo, nothing came up
Pakistan, Habib Bank Limited, Lahore Eagles, Lahore Ravi, Lahore Shalimar, Pakistan Under-19s

http://content.cricinfo.com/pakvaus2009/content/current/player/259410.html

MIG
27th April 2009, 21:17
the way legend is working the ball on the leg side, reminds me of Tendulkar

UFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! IPL kee karamat hain

Sheikh
Deano's impressed by the 17 year old. So am I.

cricketkashmir
I have not seen shahzad play a shot in the off side..Is it something that only i noticed???

ali110
seriously stop comparing legend with Tendulkar. He is just playing his first real match inning.
I am not seeing any off side shots from him yet.

Lethal
Shazad looking very solid.

I'm having a break now.

Do a bit of coursework and watch the cricket. Hopefully Shazad stays in.

Looks orthodox compared to other Pakistan openers. Looks more compact and knows what shots to play. He plays every ball on its merits.

Saqs
Ahmed needs to get quickly back into his crease when he leaves the ball,

The keeper has a real chance of running him out here.

saeed-sohail
27th April 2009, 21:18
more ppl in the ground now.

MIG
27th April 2009, 21:18
more ppl in the ground now.

36C and people coming over after work...

Lethal
27th April 2009, 21:19
seriously stop comparing legend with Tendulkar. He is just playing his first real match inning.
I am not seeing any off side shots from him yet.

I don't think he is comparing.

He said the shots reminded him of Tendulkar. Difference between comparing and reminding.

MIG
27th April 2009, 21:19
36 for None, 163 to win , curr rate = 4.55 - Mashallah !

abc_to_xyz
27th April 2009, 21:20
He is the best batsman I've ever seen playing in this age-group....

He just need to make sure that he don't get runout...

cricketkashmir
shahzad again good off the pads

Lethal
Another clip off the pads from Shazad.

Saqs
Ahmed looks like he has studied some old tapes of Sachin playing off his legs

Waits for the ball and turns his wrists in a similar manner.

Salman looks out of sorts

Big Daddy
27th April 2009, 21:21
36 for None, 163 to win , curr rate = 4.55 - Mashallah !

see the difference when u r on the ground and when u rnt ?

shaun3
haha butts wagon wheel looks like a pie chart, not many 1's and 2's there

IronMan2009
He is the best batsman I've ever seen playing in this age-group....

He just need to make sure that he don't get runout...

That is an awfully specific wish :)) Is he that bad at running between wickets?

cricketkashmir
27th April 2009, 21:22
I think this guy Shahzad has a great future InshaAllah

Amjid Javed
Butt goes back into this tortoise shell! ***!

38/0 after 9 overs.

cricketkashmir
in the off this time by shahzad..single

IAJ
1st offside shot from Shehzad:)

Big Daddy
i would seriously get raffled if i was batting with salman, the guy cannot rotate strike. gets beaten the whole over

Big Daddy
27th April 2009, 21:23
here u go 5 more balls to salman,

Amjid Javed
Shezad rotating strike well, Butt just hogging the strike!

Mercenary
he played plenty of off side shots in the u19 WC. The Aussies bowlers are bowling on his pads all the time so that's the best shot to play

Big Daddy
there u go, another dot ball

MIG
see the difference when u r on the ground and when u rnt ?

There is name to my pain - BigDaddyMan....

Saqs
27th April 2009, 21:24
Salman is wasting too many deliveries.

MIG
Butt anchoring the innings very well. :31:

IAJ
Guys remember that Shehzad is a very good player of spin (touchwood). He playes very straight againt them, I remember his shots in the u19 wc, really impressed me there.

Big Daddy
so butt is 18 of 40 with 3, 4s means butt has blocked a minimum of 34 balls.

abc_to_xyz
27th April 2009, 21:25
That is an awfully specific wish :)) Is he that bad at running between wickets?

Yes, infact, he comes 1 foot outside the crease each time he plays the ball..

cricketkashmir
Boycott and waqar in the commentary box..interesting

Amjid Javed
Butt doing a great role as nightwatchmen here! Boring!

zzzzzzzzz!

Umta
i am enjoying Boycott commentary more than Butt's batting

Lethal
27th April 2009, 21:26
Butt 19 off 42 balls

Shazad 14 off 18 balls.

40 off 10 overs

Good start for Pakistan. Butt playing slowly but the score is not that big.

slix10
Score guys?

Cricinfo up?

Amjid Javed
Pak 40/0 after 10 overs.

159 needed from 40 overs.

MIG
27th April 2009, 21:27
BBC Headlines:

Twenty-five possible swine flu cases have been reported in the UK, of which 17 are still being investigated, the health secretary says.

mostakim
shehzad plays like he has immense of time to play the delivery....

Big Daddy
i dont have a problem with batters playing slow. its a small target and a W is a W. The problem is butt is looking to score and is getting beat and most of his shorts are edges