PDA

View Full Version : Video Request: Inzi's crowd invasion in Toronto

Mercenary
9th September 2005, 10:16
Does anyone have a copy of Inzi going into the crowd to 'deal with' that Indian fan? Does anyone know if the match was televised?

It would be great if someone could get that clip!!

zushy_786
9th September 2005, 10:44
Does anyone have a copy of Inzi going into the crowd to 'deal with' that Indian fan? Does anyone know if the match was televised?

It would be great if someone could get that clip!!

The match was indeed televised......I had the fortunate situation of witnessing the match live in Toronto, and saw the incident when Inzi went into the crowd and was ready to beat the daylights out of the fan when he was restrained, although he did get some choice shots in :P.....I beleive the fan had placed assault charges on Inzi but were later dropped....

It will be recalled that during the Sahara Cup fixture between India and Pakistan on September 14, Thind, armed with a megaphone, had allegedly yelled abuse and insults at the Pakistan players. And further, that an enraged Inzamam had first vaulted into the stands and engaged in fisticuffs with the spectator, then picked up a bat brought out by a Pakistan reserve player and attempted to assault Thind with it.

Thind filed a case of assault against the Pakistan star. And Inzamam, for his part, filed a counter case, accusing Thind of having assaulted him with the megaphone.

Inzamam was fined, and suspended for two games, by the Pakistan team management.

Following the patchup, Inzamam has now been cleared of two counts of assault, and one count of assault with a weapon, while Thind has been cleared of one count of assault.

Another interesting side note, you can read the following story:-

http://www.chennaionline.com/cricket/IndinPak04/clashes/clash01.asp

But there were reprecussions to follow as I remember and the next article summarizes it well :-
http://www.rediff.com/sports/1998/sep/16c.htm

MIG
9th September 2005, 11:03
I was IN the stand where Inzi jumped in - have described that a few times on PP !! Wasnt a great time for Pak cricket but atleast Inzi jumped into the stand and pushed me aside as he went for the idiot in the crowd.

Mercenary
9th September 2005, 11:09
Another interesting side note, you can read the following story:-

http://www.chennaionline.com/cricket/IndinPak04/clashes/clash01.asp

This story is just full of rabid rhetoric like this...

This is just one of the many unsavoury incidents featuring Pakistani players or spectators, whether in Pakistan or abroad. There have been the odd Indian spectators too who were guilty of misconduct or indulging in acts of provocation but the Paks are streets-ahead in incidents of stone-throwing, wielding weapons even bats on occasions.

...I guess he's unfamiliar with the Indian fans regular projectile throwing habits (one example being during the last series when they threw one at Rana) and the Indian fans are the only ones to my knowledge whom began to burn down the stadium when they were losing!

AT1
9th September 2005, 12:28
I was IN the stand where Inzi jumped in - have described that a few times on PP !! Wasnt a great time for Pak cricket but atleast Inzi jumped into the stand and pushed me aside as he went for the idiot in the crowd.

oh wow. i watched it live and i saw inzi push a really old guy with a long white beard, bent back.. it must be you:P

MIG
9th September 2005, 12:30
Yes, I used to be young in those days - hai Jawami kahan gayee ?

Monsee
9th September 2005, 18:17
Yes, I used to be young in those days - hai Jawami kahan gayee ?

HaHaHa Not only your Jawani is gone but also, as you typed, so is your "Jawami" :P :)))

Monsee
9th September 2005, 20:40
Ask Khalil, maybe he made a video of his torture at Inzi's hand to sue him later

So what do you say Khalil:P :D

1mmy
9th September 2005, 20:57
damn
come on, some1 plz post up the movie clip

Saj
10th September 2005, 00:05
I remember watching the incident on one of the Asian channels at my Aunts house. Sahara cup was the tournament I believe.

I think things could have got a lot worse if Rameez had not intervened.

It really was amazing viewing and totally unbelievable. Never mind Cantona doing his flying kick, Inzi had a piece of willow in his hand!

Rob H
10th September 2005, 00:16
I want to see this incident. I have never seen it. Anyone ?

Cartman
10th September 2005, 02:25
Yes that was very nice.. Screened at Cannes Film Festival in France and won the award for "Best A$$ whooping caught on camera" unfortunately the whoppee was unable to attend and receive his award.. and the whooper allegedly told them to stick the award up where the sun dont shine.

Monsee
10th September 2005, 03:34
Yes that was very nice.. Screened at Cannes Film Festival in France and won the award for "Best A$$ whooping caught on camera" unfortunately the whoppee was unable to attend and receive his award.. and the whooper allegedly told them to stick the award up where the sun dont shine.

HaHaHa :D :)))

Hussain
10th September 2005, 13:30
come one

some one just better come up wid the video of tht a$$ whooping

Mercenary
11th September 2005, 04:39
so does anyone have it??

Hussain
11th September 2005, 13:41
does any one have the high lites of tht game for the least

i m sure we can find that piece of action in those highlites

Hash
3rd November 2005, 09:15
bump

Raz
3rd November 2005, 09:17
I remember watching the incident on one of the Asian channels at my Aunts house. Sahara cup was the tournament I believe.

I think things could have got a lot worse if Rameez had not intervened.

It really was amazing viewing and totally unbelievable. Never mind Cantona doing his flying kick, Inzi had a piece of willow in his hand!

Ive got the cantona kick on video if thats any consolation.

Abdul Qadir 236
3rd November 2005, 14:13
u don't have his comeback goal by any chance where he jumped on the pole?

could u plz upload the kung fu kick though - would be great if u could!

Raz
3rd November 2005, 16:05
http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=275077#post275077

Find the Cantona video there.

Gasherbrum
3rd November 2005, 21:24
i used to have quite a few of the sahara cup games on video and that inzi game was one of them, but to be quite honest i might have recorded more recent games over it. i was at the ground myself as well, which all of you probably know by now. i have absolutely no clue how to post a video clip even if i am able to find it, but for the PP boys i'll give it a go. the first step, ofcourse, would be to find the damn thing. don't get your hopes up though as the chances of finding that video are quite slim, but i will try.

Abdul Qadir 236
3rd November 2005, 21:27
thanks bhai
yousendit or rapidshare is good after u rip it onto the pc
DM is the expert.

Gasherbrum
4th November 2005, 02:15
thus far i've found games 1 and 2 from 96 as well as a game from 98 which has some moh'd zahid clips that might interest DM. there's a comment from harsha bhogle in there where he says he asked steve dunne (one of the umpires in that series) about zahid and dunne thought zahid was as fast as anybody he's ever seen. haven't had a chance to see the whole game yet, but there might be a clip in there of the inzi incident. i believe the inzi incident was in 97, so the video from 98 might have something...

Monsee
4th November 2005, 02:17
thus far i've found games 1 and 2 from 96 as well as a game from 98 which has some moh'd zahid clips that might interest DM. there's a comment from harsha bhogle in there where he says he asked steve dunne (one of the umpires in that series) about zahid and dunne thought zahid was as fast as anybody he's ever seen. haven't had a chance to see the whole game yet, but there might be a clip in there of the inzi incident. i believe the inzi incident was in 97, so the video from 98 might have something...

Send these videos to DM...I am sure he will feel obliged enough to pay the shipping charges, especially when you say the magic word: M. Zahid Footage :O :D

He can rip the games apart to find the Inzi clip too

Gasherbrum
4th November 2005, 02:31
haha, but he might already have the clips!
would be more than happy to provide a copy to DM if needed.

Cartman
4th November 2005, 02:43
dude i would also give anything to watch the mohd zahid footage from back in the day when he would just whoosh the ball 6 inches away from off stump and just blow the bails off the stumps. it would be certainly something interesting.

Monsee
24th November 2005, 21:03
Bump for DM

yk
24th November 2005, 21:37
Raz the cantona VDO has expired.

Raz
24th November 2005, 21:59
Raz the cantona VDO has expired.

And there was me thinking you had posted the Inzi crowd invasion video link!!

Monsee
24th November 2005, 22:17
thus far i've found games 1 and 2 from 96 as well as a game from 98 which has some moh'd zahid clips that might interest DM.there's a comment from harsha bhogle in there where he says he asked steve dunne (one of the umpires in that series) about zahid and dunne thought zahid was as fast as anybody he's ever seen. haven't had a chance to see the whole game yet, but there might be a clip in there of the inzi incident. i believe the inzi incident was in 97, so the video from 98 might have something...

Where is DM when he is needed...oye Lazy Bum come, out your favorite player is being talked about :D :P

Uzzy
27th December 2005, 22:59
Anybody have the clip. Im intrigued.

Easa
27th December 2005, 23:05
Yes... I want the clip. Gasherbrum where are the Mo.Zahid clips?

HAFRIDI
28th December 2005, 03:12
i really wanna see this one!

Oxy
28th December 2005, 04:18
If I ever got this clip...I would sell it on eBay!

yk
28th December 2005, 04:25
Guess wat guys, Raj TV, SKY channel 283, were showing a IndoPak match 2DAY which was played in Toronto in about 1997, Wasim Akram was the captain, but i dunno if it was this match where Inzi invaded the crowd. Did anyone tape the match 2day?

Raz
28th December 2005, 04:31
I can probably get it but only if i order it off the net (the whole match that is which will probably have the incident in it as well).

Hussain
28th December 2005, 17:26
reading this thread one gets the impression that this inzi's crowd invasion video is quite similar to tht Kapils 175 knock's video

too many aspirants wanting to see it but now one has it with him

Gasherbrum
28th December 2005, 21:03
went through many hours worth of videos but wasn't able to find the inzi incident!

Saj
28th December 2005, 21:42
Did Pakistan win this match, if they did I will have it on video, if they lost I will have taped over it.

MIG
28th December 2005, 21:52
Pakistan lost this match and the series... ( 4-1) I think...

Gasherbrum
28th December 2005, 22:01
i was more interested in catching a glimpse of the migster in the stands.

MIG
28th December 2005, 22:02
Actually I had these recordings but left them in England when we moved out !

MIG
28th December 2005, 22:06
This site has the recordings but you need to buy them !!

http://ww5.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?userid=7119110&product=Cricket+Match+Ntsc+Video+tape+Sahara+cup+9 7+SN1031+SN1032&price=45.00&return=www.cdstore.com.pk/pakistan

Pathan007
28th December 2005, 22:06
whenever i go to Pak i'll look for this certain match. the match will surely have this incident.

Gasherbrum
28th December 2005, 22:08
good work miggy! now all those with fake credit cards - time to go shopping!

MWH
28th December 2005, 22:08
If there are any tech-savvy noble souls on the forum residing in Pakistan who are willing fulfill this wish of many PP'ers, they may claim hold of the footage of this seminal moment in Pak cricket history by getting the desired video from Zaitoon Plaza on Hall Road ( Lahore) or Rainbow Centre ( Karachi).

MIG
28th December 2005, 22:10
and since the proceeds for all legal recordings usually end up with a unnamed zionist entity - can I suggest a moral justification for such a cause ?

Gasherbrum
28th December 2005, 22:26
and since the proceeds for all legal recordings usually end up with a unnamed zionist entity - can I suggest a moral justification for such a cause ?

is that a trick question?
have we already been provided the answer?
is the answer 42?
Is your name really Menin Greenberg?

the SHA
29th December 2005, 02:08
This gives me the idea of a new thread.....i.e. Most Wanted Pakistani Cricket clips

#1 undoubtedly the Inzi Caveman incident

Hash
29th December 2005, 02:09
would love to see Inzi kicking the pakhana out of this Indian guy

hatch101
30th December 2005, 04:11
would love to see Inzi kicking the pakhana out of this Indian guy

:))) :))) :))) :)))

Oxy
30th December 2005, 04:16
Can someone provide me a link to the scorecard of this infamous match?

Raz
30th December 2005, 20:17
http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1997/OD_TOURNEYS/SAHARA/IND_PAK_SAHARA_ODI2_14SEP1997.html

There you go ya lazy bum! :P

pakdesi
1st January 2006, 23:07
naa dont hav this game but i hav the where afridi hit 109

the_game
2nd January 2006, 03:38
naa dont hav this game but i hav the where afridi hit 109

You should upload that one.