PDA

View Full Version : Is online banking safe?

in_cutter
16th September 2005, 03:48
does anyone here use it?

in_cutter
16th September 2005, 03:56
woops should be on time pass

Mercenary
16th September 2005, 03:57
woops should be on time pass

and so it came to be

robosapien
16th September 2005, 04:12
i believe it's ok to use it unless ur computer is free of spywares. otherwise ppl can even copy wtever keystrokes u press with spywares. if ur computer is safe, i think it's ok to use it. but avoid using it on someone else's pc!

suhaib
16th September 2005, 05:19
i know many people who use HSBC and BARCLAYS online and some people who control there pakistan bank accounts online from MCB. there all safe.

lahori
16th September 2005, 08:25
i know many people who use HSBC and BARCLAYS online and some people who control there pakistan bank accounts online from MCB. there all safe.

I use online Bank of America

Bitman
16th September 2005, 08:30
I think is is very safe though I haven't used it YET.

Jafri
16th September 2005, 08:43
Let me give u a advice on online banking...three wordss

DUn use it

Bitman
16th September 2005, 08:48
Why?

catwoman
16th September 2005, 08:50
I have used web banking and it's safe and also very convenient.

lahori
16th September 2005, 10:28

DUn use it

Firstly your post lost all merit for intentionally misspelling don't

Now care to explain why he should not use it? I personally never physically go to the bank unless I want to make a cashier's check or money order. What is your bank's name?

zushy_786
16th September 2005, 10:55

DUn use it

Uhm Jafri bhai, I'm not sure what bank you use, but most online banks are pretty good, safe and conveniant......I know this as I am working for one of the major banks in canada as co-op student, and I do work on checking any irregularities from all transactions done on online banking......They have good encryption software now, so it's pretty good.....

Toony™®
16th September 2005, 11:47
most banks have very good security npwadays..even if there is a keylogger on ur pc..it will require knowing diff parts of a security no. each time u logon!

Fessal
16th September 2005, 18:53
I use online banking with lloys tsb, brclays, barclaycard, and do my sisters and mums accounts with hsbc and abbey.

It is very safe I found and never had any probs as long as u keep your passwords safe and not store it on a shared computer.

SM
17th September 2005, 20:48
nationwide's online banking service is safe to use and good.

MIG
17th September 2005, 21:14
All online banking services are good and use similar security . Main Problem are the users !

If you dont protect your PC or your password - nothing is safe !

BTW, when you go to restaraunts and give your credit card to the waiter, have you ever thought of :

1. What he does with it ? does he note down the name, number, expiry date etc
2. Does he pull out his mobile and read the details to his friend

If you can trust a waiter with your credit card, IMO, you can trust ALL financial institutions with your details - there is simply too much at stake for them to mess around with your details.

As many have pointed out, its more important that you regularly check your PC for spyware/virus - dont use public PCs to access your bank details and if you do - ensure that you clear any cookies/files from your browser before you leave.

suhaib
17th September 2005, 21:58
well there was a boy i knew who worked in a cloths shop and he noted the number down of cridit cards and use to top up peoples mobile phones for half price using that number,

<< Rashid >>
18th September 2005, 15:55
Use firefox!