PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan's 3-Year Calendar to April 2013!

taaveez
15th April 2010, 03:46
Hey, happy times for PP and the fans. Tons of cricket in the near term, following the drought we had in the last two years.

First off, Pakistan cricket calendar:

Year Month "Hosting" Touring Venue Program
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010 May - T20 WC West Indies 2+ T20s
Jun - Asia Cup Sri Lanka 2+ ODIs
Jul Australia - England 2 Tests, 2 ODIs
Aug - England England 4 Tests, 5 ODIs, 2 T20s
Sep - England England 4 Tests, 5 ODIs, 2 T20s
Oct South Africa - UAE 3 Tests, 5 ODIs
Nov South Africa - UAE 3 Tests, 5 ODIs
Dec - New Zealand New Zealand 3 Tests, 5 ODIs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011 Jan New Zealand - New Zealand 3 Tests, 5 ODIs
Feb - WC 2011 India/SL 3+ ODIs
Mar - WC 2011 India/SL 3+ ODIs
Apr - - - -
May - - - -
Jun - West Indies West Indies 2 Tests, 5 ODIs
Jul - - - -
Aug - - - -
Sep - Zimbabwe Zimbabwe 2 Tests, 3 ODIs
Oct Sri Lanka - ??? 3 Tests, 5 ODIs
Nov Sri Lanka - ??? 3 Tests, 5 ODIs
Dec - Bangladesh Bangladesh 2 Tests, 3 ODIs
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012 Jan England - ??? 3 Tests, 5 ODIs
Feb England - ??? 3 Tests, 5 ODIs
Mar - India India 3 Tests, 5 ODIs
Apr - India India 3 Tests, 5 ODIs
May Bangladesh - ??? 2 Tests, 3 ODIs
Jun - - - -
Jul - - - -
Aug - - - -
Sep - - - -
Oct Australia - ??? (TBD)
Nov Australia - ??? (TBD)
Dec - - - -
2013 Jan - - - -
Feb India - ??? (TBD)
Mar India - ??? (TBD)
Apr - - - -

Source: http://icc-cricket.yahoo.net/match_zone/ftp.php

Some observations:
1. We have a VERY packed 2010 and the first quarter of 2011. That too against the top teams, on foreign turfs, and as a run-up to the 2011 WC.
2. After the WC next year, the minnow attack begins.
3. Jul/Aug '11 are a gaping hole, though ECB is hinting at hosting a Pak/Ind test in England.
4. Early 2012 brings back some exciting cricket, incl. India in India.
5. 2012 onwards is still sketchy, but "hosting" Australia and India is due.

As much as it sucks to miss cricket in Pakistan, we do get compensated somewhat for the sheer amount of international cricket dosage.

Thoughts?

Sakss
15th April 2010, 05:25
we must have a good 2010 in order to push up to top 4...
winning at least 2 test series (2010) would be an achievement...

taaveez
15th April 2010, 19:12
For me, starting with at least a 1-0 win against Aus will set the tone for the rest of the summer. Tough ask, but no reason why we can't do it with a smart leader and some hard work. (We did bowl Aus out for 127 twice on the last tour.)

CrIcKet_is_LiFe
15th April 2010, 19:16
India matches ll be best!!!

pakmania
15th April 2010, 19:28
Run em ragged !

IAJ
15th April 2010, 19:29
Playing outside Pakistan:

The more we play in UAE the more chances do we have to win test-series.

Playing in England against Australia will be just as tough as last time we toured Australia, but we hope for better results InshaAllah.

Cover Drive
15th April 2010, 19:46
We have quite few test matches coming up and no Mohammad Yousuf? Thats pathetic!!

Nazir_ Rules
15th April 2010, 19:56
Although the rest of 2010 in the summer looks good, but then again no matches during july and august next year 2011?

taaveez
15th April 2010, 20:13
Although the rest of 2010 in the summer looks good, but then again no matches during july and august next year 2011?
There are 4 teams currently with nothing schedule for Jul/Aug 2011: Pak, SA, NZ, and WI.

We'll have already toured and "hosted" NZ in the current cycle, plus just finished the WI tour. We could tour SA that summer (err.. winter).

Like I said though, ECB is hinting at organizing a Pak vs India test in England that summer.

lil saeed anwar
15th April 2010, 23:14
We have quite few test matches coming up and no Mohammad Yousuf? Thats pathetic!!

Yes sir +1

asif9138
16th April 2010, 02:04
good for me!!!

Mobashir
16th April 2010, 07:19
We have some good cricke at least till the wordl cup. It 's sad that we are playing just two test in the west indies, that should be a 3 test match series.
I don't think we will play any of this series at home, so we have two choices : playing is conditions that are the same we have in pakistan (UAE) or play in England.
To me, both are equally good for us, because in England our good fast bowlers will get some help.
The only negative point in UAE is that we will not have Asif, and that's in fact a BIG problem.

Mobashir
16th April 2010, 07:20
No Moyo, no inzi, no wasim, no miandad and no imran...
We will miss all of them... At least we have exuses if we loose!

Blitz
16th April 2010, 08:08
we must have a good 2010 in order to push up to top 4...
winning at least 2 test series (2010) would be an achievement...
Winning a test match would be an achievement!

Mobashir
16th April 2010, 08:41
Winning a test match would be an achievement!
If we don't win any of the 6 test matches this summer, that would also be an achievement!

Amjid Javed
16th April 2010, 10:04
Good to see Pakistan has some cricket scheduled. Hopefully we can win in New zealand at end of year. Hopefully players have learnt from the last series played between the Two!

taaveez
16th April 2010, 18:02
Given Lorgat's comments, I think we may end up being in England in summer 2011 to play India for more than a test. We tour India in Mar/Apr 2012, so we can "host" them in Jul/Aug 2011.

I think IPL might be on in May/Jun 2012, and the current FTP ends in Jul 2012.

taaveez
29th June 2010, 04:38
Looks like there's some movement to insert India into our next year schedule as well. Summer of 2011 looks like an option if played at a neutral venue.

Seen Sheen
29th June 2010, 04:58
^^Are you sure that we gonna have a series against India in future,keeping in mind the political tensions b/w the countries.Also ,the ignorance of BCCI to PCB's proposal is there for all to see..
I dont know why BCCI are showing the reluctance here.As,apparently, they havent received any instructions from the govt. about not holding a series with Pakistan..

Something is wrong at the bottom.:asif,:aamir,:umarakmal..

mastermind_quad
29th June 2010, 05:10
^^Are you sure that we gonna have a series against India in future,keeping in mind the political tensions b/w the countries.Also ,the ignorance of BCCI to PCB's proposal is there for all to see..
I dont know why BCCI are showing the reluctance here.As,apparently, they havent received any instructions from the govt. about not holding a series with Pakistan..

Something is wrong at the bottom.:asif,:aamir,:umarakmal..

Change the PCB chairman n u will c the series very easily .....

koi nahi Bardasht kar sakta Mr. Butt ko......it is well known fact whatever b the situation the relation is down by Butt and his statements .....

ali2220
29th June 2010, 07:26
Change the PCB chairman n u will c the series very easily .....

koi nahi Bardasht kar sakta Mr. Butt ko......it is well known fact whatever b the situation the relation is down by Butt and his statements .....

Master bhai, the guy is 71 year old, i'm not sure how long he can hang on, i think the age itself won't allow it.

mastermind_quad
29th June 2010, 14:18
Master bhai, the guy is 71 year old, i'm not sure how long he can hang on, i think the age itself won't allow it.

u r rite bro....!!!

Infact as a cricket Lover i would have supported Butts/PCBs comment and statements anyday over BCCI's one......

but he haven't did any good for National Cricket Team(much loved sport in the country) then why other even bother of his any statements which actually is a U-Turn of another statement....on top of that ...Ex cricketer's comments n statements likes of Miandad's etc....which act as a catalyst only....!!!!

sully3
29th June 2010, 14:25
we are playing in tough conditions till the WC. it should help us

dhump
29th June 2010, 16:43
We can win some tests post world cup will be good for cooling down :D of PP's .

Amjid Javed
29th June 2010, 16:48
We should arrange 5 tests against west indies, Zimbos and Bangladesh in 2011 so we can finally win some test matches :)

Desi
29th June 2010, 17:17
Test cricket against Zimbabwe? I thought they were still banned...?

waqar-uk
29th June 2010, 17:48
Just one correction: Pakistan is not "hosting" the NZ series later this year, this the away tour to NZ. The recent tour of NZ was pakistan's "home" series. :)

Gollum
29th June 2010, 17:50
I'm looking forward to the South Africa series. We play far too less with them.

taaveez
29th June 2010, 20:58
Just one correction: Pakistan is not "hosting" the NZ series later this year, this the away tour to NZ. The recent tour of NZ was pakistan's "home" series. :)
Correctement! Thanks a lot. Fixed.

Amir
29th June 2010, 21:08
2. After the WC next year, the minnow attack begins.

Perfect way to start rebuilding after another disastrous World Cup :))

Amjid Javed
30th June 2010, 09:04
:)))

AJ
30th June 2010, 09:50

Good one

KA$H
2nd July 2010, 09:35
Thanks for this

i do wonder at the questions marks - i.e. are the tours agreed and just the venue TBC or is the the agreement to have a series in doubt?

taaveez
2nd July 2010, 13:35
Thanks for this

i do wonder at the questions marks - i.e. are the tours agreed and just the venue TBC or is the the agreement to have a series in doubt?
Any series that we host beyond next year will have uncertain venues. I think the series are decided. In the last FTP some of the series were rescheduled at the eleventh hour (security concerns), but this time PCB/ICC can plan the "hosting" venues ahead of time.