PDA

View Full Version : Akshay Kumar: 'I'm almost a cricket pro'

cricfan967
11th May 2010, 09:03
http://www.digitalspy.com/bollywood/news/a218926/akshay-kumar-im-almost-a-cricket-pro.html

Akshay Kumar has said that his cricket skills are almost at a national level after training for his part in the comedy Patiala House.

The star, known for his action roles, is spending two hours a day practising his bowling.

He told IANS: "Every morning I look forward to practising with Balwinder Singh Sandhu.

"I'm trying get to a national level. I'm very sporty by nature. So it was quite easy for me to pick it up."

The film, to be directed by Nikhil Advani, is set in the London Sikh community and will feature cameos from English cricketing legends Ian Botham, Graham Gooch and David Gower.

Kriketer
11th May 2010, 09:08
Another Indian spinner in making.

cricfan967
11th May 2010, 09:09
Another Indian spinner in making.

think he'd do better than Jadeja :))

Zahid87
11th May 2010, 09:12
National level...India....bowling. Well, we all know it doesn't take much. IPL contract on its way.

insaftak
11th May 2010, 09:18
maybe he can replace one of indian bowlers

ShehryarK
11th May 2010, 11:07
He's probably better than Sami already.

But then...

Everyone is.

kingusama92
11th May 2010, 11:13
He's probably better than Sami already.

But then...

Everyone is.

Sami wouldn't even make India's bowling lineup. I think that says enough about his career.

Paradox
11th May 2010, 15:47
This is the same movie Kamran Akmal is also appearing in, I believe.

AZ
11th May 2010, 15:55
Veer Pratap Singh would beat the crap out of Akshay's bowling.

Radiance Of Australis
11th May 2010, 17:10
Akshay needs a reality pill.Real life cricket isnt scripted like it is in the movies.Does he really think he can take 3 hattricks every match?

Rana
11th May 2010, 18:45
love Akhi!

Cheguvera
11th May 2010, 20:47
Sami wouldn't even make India's bowling lineup. I think that says enough about his career.

If Sami was in India, he would been their front line bowler with atleast 300 wickets to his name...Indian keepers and fielders would have held on to chances off Sami's bowling, more so then their Pakistani counterparts...furthermore, playing against Bangers and Zims twice a year would have helped his average as well...Finally extensive work at the MRF pace academy would have done him wonders...