PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Transfers 2010-11

Le Roi
16th May 2010, 14:02
England:

Cristian Riveros (C.D.S.C. Cruz Azul to Sunderland)
Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez (Chivas to Manchester United)
Chris Smalling (Fulham to Manchester United)
Milan Jovanovic (Standard Liege to Liverpool)
Jonjo Shelvey (Charlton Athletic to Liverpool)
Antolin Alcaraz (Club Brugge to Wigan)
Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux to Arsenal)
Ben Foster (Manchester United to Birmingham)
Jérôme Boateng (HSV to Manchester City)
Jelle Van Damme (Anderlecht to Wolverhampton Wanderers)
João Silva (Desportivo Aves to Everton)
Sandro (Internacional to Spurs)
Enric Valles (NAC Breda to Birmingham City)
Didi Hamann - Free to MK Dons (Player/Coach)
Adlène Guedioura (Charleroi to Wolverhampton Wanderers)
Alan Judge (Plymouth Argyle to Blackburn)
Marnick Vermijl (Standard Liege to Manchester United)
Nikola Zigic (Valencia to Birmingham)
Jermaine Beckford (Leeds United to Everton)
Steven Fletcher (Burnley to Wolves)
Thomas Hitzlsperger (Lazio to WHU)

Italy:

Mario Yepes (Chievo to AC Milan)
Gergely Rudolf (Debreceni to Genoa)

Spain:

Fran Merida (Arsenal to Atletico Madrid)
Sofiane Feghouli (Grenoble to Valencia)
Sergio Canales (Racing Santander to Real Madrid)
Mouhamadou Dabo (St Etienne to Sevilla)
Ricardo Costa (Lille to Valencia)
David Villa (Valencia to Barcelona)
Mikel San Jose (Liverpool to Athletic Bilbao)
Mehmet Topal (Galatasaray to Valencia)

France:

Mathias Autret (Brestto to Lorient)
Marama Vahirua (Lorient to Nancy)
Sylvain Marchal (Lorient to Saint-Étienne)

Germany:

Christoph Metzelder (Real Madrid to Schalke)
Ron Robert Zieler (Manchester United to Hannover)
Sidney Sam (Kaiserlautern to Leverkusen)
Ibrahim Afellay (PSV to HSV)
Igor De Camargo (Standard de Liège to Borussia Mönchengladbach)

Others:

Fábio Faria (Rio Ave to Benfica)
Franco Jara (Arsenal de Sarandí to Benfica)
Nicolás Gaitán (Boca Juniors to Benfica)
Mark Bresciano (Palermo to Al nassr)
Kevin Kuranyi (Schalke to Dianmo Moscow)

Le Roi
16th May 2010, 21:31
Players available on free transfers:

England:

William Gallas (Arsenal)
Mikael Silvestre (Arsenal)
Philippe Senderos (Arsenal)
Michael Ballack (Chelsea)
Joe Cole (Chelsea)
Juliano Belletti (Chelsea)
Fabio Aurelio (Liverpool)
Martin Petrov (Manchester City)
David James (Portsmouth)
Mario Melchiot (Wigan)
Paul Scharner (Wigan)
Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn)
Simon Davies (Fulham)
Luis Boa Morte (West Ham)
Jermain Beckford (Leeds) moved to Everton
Joe Ledley (Cardiff)
Bolo Zenden (Sunderland) contract extended

Spain:

Gonzalo Castro (Mallorca)
Mariano Pernia (Atletico Madrid)
Pablo Ibáñez (Atletico Madrid)
Thierry Henry (Barcelona)
Diego Costa (Valladolid)
Kalu Uche (Almeria)
Raul Tamudo (Espanyol)
Walter Pandiani (Osasuna)
Ariel Ibagaza (Villarreal)
Robert Pires (Villarreal)

Germany:

Hamit Altintop (Bayern Munich)contract extended
Kevin Kuranyi (Schalke) moved to Dinamo Moscow
Jermaine Jones (Schalke)
Ricardo Costa (Wolfsburg)
Jose Paolo Guerrero (Hamburg) contract extended
Timo Hildebrand (Hoffenheim) released
Ricardo Osorio (Stuttgart) released

France:

Sidney Govou (Lyon)
Kim Kallstrom (Lyon)

Italy:

Fabio Simplicio (Palermo)
Rodrigo Taddei (Roma)
Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus)
Per Kroldrup (Fiorentina) contract extended

Scotland:

Kris Boyd (Rangers)
Nacho Novo (Rangers) moved to Sporting Gijon
Steven Smith (Rangers)
Lee Naylor (Celtic)
Michael Stewart (Hearts)

Others:

André Ooijer (PSV) released

Geordie Ahmed
17th May 2010, 17:55
Has the Chamakh signing actually been confirmed?

Le Roi
17th May 2010, 18:11
Chamakh confirmed in this (http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/chamakh_to_join_arsenal_news_297656.html) article that he is moving.

Arsene is also confident he will be an Arsenal player next season

link (http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-chamakh-has-a-good-chance-to-join-us)

Amjid Javed
17th May 2010, 19:13

No not yet. It should be on June the 1st though.

Geordie Ahmed
18th May 2010, 06:49
Chamakh confirmed in this (http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/chamakh_to_join_arsenal_news_297656.html) article that he is moving.

Arsene is also confident he will be an Arsenal player next season

link (http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-chamakh-has-a-good-chance-to-join-us)

Aye so it hasnt been confirmed yet - the move could easily fall through

Geordie Ahmed
18th May 2010, 06:50
Have to say there are some decent freebies going

AZ
18th May 2010, 06:52
watch out for Feghouli, he is one cheeky little bugger! great feet.

Geordie Ahmed
18th May 2010, 06:59
Having a read through the OP - a fair few of those are just rumours, they havnt actually been confirmed have they?

For example Fran Merdia is still an Arsenal player - Boatenge hasnt joined Citeh yet

Le Roi
18th May 2010, 12:29
Having a read through the OP - a fair few of those are just rumours, they havnt actually been confirmed have they?

For example Fran Merdia is still an Arsenal player - Boatenge hasnt joined Citeh yet

Clubs don't confirm until the transfer window opens. These are the worst kept secrets.

Saqs
18th May 2010, 12:31
Have to say there are some decent freebies going

I'm saying!

Amjid Javed
18th May 2010, 13:15
Aye so it hasnt been confirmed yet - the move could easily fall through

He was at Arsenal training ground doing a medical yesterday.

Geordie Ahmed
18th May 2010, 20:32
Clubs don't confirm until the transfer window opens. These are the worst kept secrets.

Actually they can and they have done many times - they just say the move will be complete as soon as the window opens

Theo_14
18th May 2010, 22:06
I thought the chamakh deal was going to be announced after the fa cup, but looks like there will be some delays, possibly because of the valcano...

Le Roi
19th May 2010, 16:33
Villa to Barcelona confirmed now. Biggest deal of the window so far.

Kray_jackson7
19th May 2010, 17:03
yep, villa has gone

Amjid Javed
19th May 2010, 18:14

Thats going to make Barca even more lethal going forward!

AZ
19th May 2010, 18:15
wow, that's a helluva signing!

Theo_14
19th May 2010, 20:19
good signing for barcelona, clever they signed david villa before the world cup because if he performed well then his price value would've increased and more clubs would have been interested.

Either pep is going for a 4-4-2 with ibra and villa partnering up, and xavi/cesc in the middle with iniesta and messi out wide

or

this could end ibra's barca career.

Afridi_Fan
19th May 2010, 20:45
:35:

Afridi_Fan
19th May 2010, 20:46
good signing for barcelona, clever they signed david villa before the world cup because if he performed well then his price value would've increased and more clubs would have been interested.

Either pep is going for a 4-4-2 with ibra and villa partnering up, and xavi/cesc in the middle with iniesta and messi out wide

or

I wish they play the most over-rated player in CL.

19th May 2010, 21:23
Barca finally get their man .. Villa will get oogles of goal scoring chances at Barca .. and unlike Ibra he'll put most of them in. As for the big man .. I think he's headed back to Italy.

Le Roi
19th May 2010, 22:06
Barca finally get their man .. Villa will get oogles of goal scoring chances at Barca .. and unlike Ibra he'll put most of them in. As for the big man .. I think he's headed back to Italy.

I think City will try for him

Geordie Ahmed
19th May 2010, 22:11
Brilliant signing for Barca - I thought they should have went for him last season instead of Ibra BUT still they have got him now - this will surely signal the end for Ibra

Geordie Ahmed
19th May 2010, 22:13

or

Very much doubt they will play 4-4-2 - they have been playing 4-3-3 for quite a while now and its the formation that utilises Messi the best

It will be a front 3 of

Messi - - - - - - - - -Pedro
- - - - - - -Villa- - - - - - - -

HuZi
19th May 2010, 22:18
Ibrahim Afellay to HSV

Theo_14
20th May 2010, 02:08
Very much doubt they will play 4-4-2 - they have been playing 4-3-3 for quite a while now and its the formation that utilises Messi the best

It will be a front 3 of

Messi - - - - - - - - -Pedro
- - - - - - -Villa- - - - - - - -

I was wondering that too, because if barca use a 4-4-2 formattion then it would kill the careers of sergio busquets aka the drama-queen of nou camp and rising star pedro.

So it's likely ibra could be leaving or pep is deciding to have a competition between ibra and villa.

Geordie Ahmed
20th May 2010, 03:36
I was wondering that too, because if barca use a 4-4-2 formattion then it would kill the careers of sergio busquets aka the drama-queen of nou camp and rising star pedro.

So it's likely ibra could be leaving or pep is deciding to have a competition between ibra and villa.

There is no competition between the two - Villa is ahead quite comfortably and he will suit the Barca system nicely

kingusama92
20th May 2010, 10:35
I was hoping to see Villa in a Manchester United jersey - oh well. :(

Great signing by Barca though. Excellent player.

Theo_14
20th May 2010, 20:27
There is no competition between the two - Villa is ahead quite comfortably and he will suit the Barca system nicely

ibra was always going to struggle in the formattion and settle into the style that barca play, but tbh he has done fairly well although I think the amount of money they signed him for is just shocking.

David Villa can produce good 4-5 years at nou camp, all the best to him.

Zahid87
21st May 2010, 01:45
Ibra was always a luxury signing. Eto'o quite frankly is a more effective player, and the only reason they decided to do the transfer for a ridiculous amount of money (£40m + Eto'o) is because of Madrid's spending that summer. It was purely driven by ego, because lets face it, the numbers made absolutely no sense on a purely football level. Ibra needs the team built around him, and with Barca's myriad of star players, that was never going to be the case.

They have Villa now, but again I fear its a transfer driven more by Villa's reputation than anything else. An attack of Messi, Villa and Pedro is, for want of a better phrase, lacking in any physical strength or presence. Quick, intelligent, beautiful football they may produce, but the lack of pure power is a concern.

Because no matter how brilliant Barca's football can be, there are times when the simple things are the most effective. Against Inter, only when having Pique's presence upfront, were they able to break through. Eto'o gave them that option, and thats why that team won every trophy possible. There will be days, especially if they play all Pedro, Villa, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas, where it will be nigh on impossible to get the ball of them, and they will rip teams apart. But if a team plays like Inter did, I don't see how Villa gives them the edge that they would need.

invincible
21st May 2010, 03:45
Ibra was always a luxury signing. Eto'o quite frankly is a more effective player, and the only reason they decided to do the transfer for a ridiculous amount of money (£40m + Eto'o) is because of Madrid's spending that summer. It was purely driven by ego, because lets face it, the numbers made absolutely no sense on a purely football level. Ibra needs the team built around him, and with Barca's myriad of star players, that was never going to be the case.

They have Villa now, but again I fear its a transfer driven more by Villa's reputation than anything else. An attack of Messi, Villa and Pedro is, for want of a better phrase, lacking in any physical strength or presence. Quick, intelligent, beautiful football they may produce, but the lack of pure power is a concern.

Because no matter how brilliant Barca's football can be, there are times when the simple things are the most effective. Against Inter, only when having Pique's presence upfront, were they able to break through. Eto'o gave them that option, and thats why that team won every trophy possible. There will be days, especially if they play all Pedro, Villa, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Fabregas, where it will be nigh on impossible to get the ball of them, and they will rip teams apart. But if a team plays like Inter did, I don't see how Villa gives them the edge that they would need.
Good post. :) Echoed my sentiments exactly about the transfer.

However, I still think it's an amazing bit of business. I thought Villa (even if he's 28) would go for above 40M but they got him for 35M pounds which I think he will repay in 2-3 seasons easily. The dominance Barca will show will be against 95% of the teams in the world and the rest of the 5% of the teams (like Inter or Chelsea) will be few and far between. Hence, when landing a player, you do not think about those teams and how you can attain "perfection" but rather simply how you can better what you currently have. In that case, Villa is a great improvement over Ibra/Henry.

A forward line of Pedro - Villa - Messi has DESTRUCTION written over it.

Geordie Ahmed
21st May 2010, 06:15
from Sky Sports

Primera Liga giants Valencia have snapped up French midfielder Sofiane Feghouli from Grenoble.

The 20-year-old, who suffered relegation out of Ligue 1 in 2009/10, has penned a four-year contract.

The talented playmaker has plenty of first-team experience for one so young, as he made the breakthrough in his homeland while still in his teens.

He is now hoping that a switch to Spain will see him develop further and allow him to force his way into international reckoning.

Zahid87
21st May 2010, 11:17
Good post. :) Echoed my sentiments exactly about the transfer.

However, I still think it's an amazing bit of business. I thought Villa (even if he's 28) would go for above 40M but they got him for 35M pounds which I think he will repay in 2-3 seasons easily. The dominance Barca will show will be against 95% of the teams in the world and the rest of the 5% of the teams (like Inter or Chelsea) will be few and far between. Hence, when landing a player, you do not think about those teams and how you can attain "perfection" but rather simply how you can better what you currently have. In that case, Villa is a great improvement over Ibra/Henry.

A forward line of Pedro - Villa - Messi has DESTRUCTION written over it.

Barca have to think of perfection. Its not like Barca failed this season - they still won La Liga, despite Madrids record purchases. Real got 96 points this season, and although I hate Real with a passion, I have to admit is pretty amazing. That shows you how good Barca were.

Thats why I stand by the opinion that although Villa is an improvement on Ibra, its not what Barca needs. If they had Villa instead of Ibra this season, would they have won the CL? They needed someone who can allow them to play a more direct game when they need it. For a Villa type striker, they already had Bojan (whose career seems to have now stalled, for someone who was supposed to be the next big thing along with Messi.)

Feghouli was supposedly tracked by all the big clubs. Valencia getting him means that in all probability Silva is moving to Real.

invincible
21st May 2010, 12:38
Barca have to think of perfection. Its not like Barca failed this season - they still won La Liga, despite Madrids record purchases. Real got 96 points this season, and although I hate Real with a passion, I have to admit is pretty amazing. That shows you how good Barca were.

Thats why I stand by the opinion that although Villa is an improvement on Ibra, its not what Barca needs. If they had Villa instead of Ibra this season, would they have won the CL? They needed someone who can allow them to play a more direct game when they need it. For a Villa type striker, they already had Bojan (whose career seems to have now stalled, for someone who was supposed to be the next big thing along with Messi.)

Feghouli was supposedly tracked by all the big clubs. Valencia getting him means that in all probability Silva is moving to Real.
Bojan was drafted into the team during the second half of the season when Ibrahimovic was woeful. He hardly looked out of place as well.

Pedro-Krkic-Messi was their forward lineup in all of the last 10 league games.

Theo_14
21st May 2010, 13:46
Deco close to moving back to Brazil with Fluminese, this was always expected to happen, not been a part of ancelloti side and with kakuta promoted to first team they needed to make way for him, gets rid of a high wage earner for chelsea.

Le Roi
21st May 2010, 18:27
from Sky Sports

Old news mate ;-)

Geordie Ahmed
21st May 2010, 21:25
Old news mate ;-)

Aye BUT this was official confirmation :D

Amir
21st May 2010, 22:09

Unless they get Ribery which means he may go to.....

Kray_jackson7
22nd May 2010, 00:31
Arsenal have confirmed the signing of Morocco international striker Marouane Chamakh on a long-term contract from Bordeaux.

Le Roi
22nd May 2010, 10:58
Thanks for your contributions :14:

Updated!

Geordie Ahmed
22nd May 2010, 20:07
Arsenal have confirmed the signing of Morocco international striker Marouane Chamakh on a long-term contract from Bordeaux.

Good signing - he is different to what they have got, he is good in the air so it gives Arsenal another option instead of their pretty passing game which isnt always the best way

Le Roi
31st May 2010, 17:46
Jermaine Beckford- Leeds to Everton

Afridi_Fan
31st May 2010, 19:03
The Biggest transfer of the window.

Jose "Special One" Mourinho from Inter Milan to Real Madrid.

I don't think any other transfer can beat this one.

Geordie Ahmed
31st May 2010, 19:10

I dont know why BUT I get the feeling he will flop at Everton

Then again maybe im just dissapointed he didnt join us

Theo_14
1st June 2010, 02:26

I know it's only one goal but there didn't look too much wrong with the finish.

I think the difference in his situation and some of this others players named as a comparison is that he will be surrounded by better quality players and who can feed him like Baines, Cahill, Pienaar, Osman and others, plus those other teams were near favourites to go straight back down again but that shouldn't really be the case with Everton.

owpnrxCXZJ4

Oxy
1st June 2010, 02:29
I'm not sure about Beckford going to Everton.

Big jump from League to EPL

Le Roi
4th June 2010, 06:58
Steven Fletcher - Burnley to Wolves

Geordie Ahmed
4th June 2010, 09:32
Steven Fletcher - Burnley to Wolves

for £6.5 Million :O

Le Roi
8th June 2010, 17:10
Sylvinho, Martin Petrov and Benjani all released by Man City

Geordie Ahmed
9th June 2010, 07:51
Philippe Senderos has joined Fulham on a 3 year deal

Prince_Pathan
9th June 2010, 08:13
Philippe Senderos has joined Fulham on a 3 year deal

good to see the kid go best of luck with fulham under a great manager hodgson...still dont understand how gallas and silvestre got playing time ahead of this guy...

Geordie Ahmed
9th June 2010, 08:23
good to see the kid go best of luck with fulham under a great manager hodgson...still dont understand how gallas and silvestre got playing time ahead of this guy...

Gallas I can understand BUT how that donkey Silvestre was picked regularly was beyond me

AZ
9th June 2010, 12:22
we had a great nickname for him when he was loaned to Meelan:

Senderrors

:)) :))

Prince_Pathan
9th June 2010, 18:40
we had a great nickname for him when he was loaned to Meelan:

Senderrors

:)) :))

ah now lol thats harsh :))) his confidence was shattered at arsenal and i dont think he ever recovered from the match against liverpool in the ecl...he could have been a really good player and we saw glimpses of that at arsenal for a entire few months when he broke onto the scene of course...

AZ
10th June 2010, 03:43
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/images/09/C_3_Media_1070209_immagine.jpg

could be the transfer or the disaster of the season...Adri looks like he was in a biryani competition with Inti.

AZ
10th June 2010, 03:45
and Juve have signed Simone Pepe, you guys will see a lot more of him in RSA this year...right winger, pacy, not very skilful, but will run himself into the ground...deal is a loan for 2.5M Euros with an option to sign for 10M to be paid over 3 seasons.

forzapakistan
10th June 2010, 04:24
Nooooo I can't believe they brought Adriano back :)) My God what a waste of talent. I thought we would never hear of him again. Do Roma have enough money to pay for his extended holidays in Brazil?

could be the transfer or the disaster of the season...Adri looks like he was in a biryani competition with Inti.
My (virtual) money is on the latter...

d0gers
29th June 2010, 01:17
Real Madrid have signed Argentinian Angel Di Maria from Benfica on a 6-year €25 million deal.

http://www.marca.com/2010/06/28/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1277750110.html

Geordie Ahmed
29th June 2010, 02:04
Toure move to Citeh should be confirmed soon

AZ
29th June 2010, 02:16
Real Madrid have signed Argentinian Angel Di Maria from Benfica on a 6-year €25 million deal.

he'll be out of Madrid by the end of next season ;-)

Juve have completed the signing of Marco Storari, Leonardo Bonucci and Jorge Martinez.

Storari is an Italian GK, had a tremendous season last year with Samp.
Bonucci is a young, talented Italian CB, was in the WC squad.
Martinez is a Uruguayan SS, who can play on both the left and right wing.

Theo_14
29th June 2010, 21:53

Many people expected this young man to shine in the world cup along with ozil who has indeed shined in the world cup.

But I think the main reason why De Maria hasn't shown his true potential for Argentina is because he's been used in a central wide role, which doesn't allow him to run much down the flank and have a go at the fullbacks, otherwise for Benfica he is used as a left winger.

6 year contract may give us a hint that mourinho might change his policy abit and go for the young rising stars, I wouldn't be suprised if Ozil made a summer move to real madrid.

I just hope De Maria don't end up like Dos Santos when he signed for spurs.

All the best!

AZ
30th June 2010, 17:24
David Silva has signed for Manchester City

what a travesty!

Prince_Pathan
30th June 2010, 17:41

what a travesty!

toure jnr seems destined aswell...only a matter of when...

the prem is hotting up...

mindless slogging
30th June 2010, 19:32

what a travesty!

Maybe that's one of the reasons why Del Bosque isn't playing him - he played almost every game since the Euros and is suddenly dropped and didn't even come on as a sub!

There were also rumours Don Fabio didn't play Cole because of similar reasons.

Amir
30th June 2010, 20:01
Shocking. How could he go for City!!!

What are United doing...we need to get someone. Please let this be a sign that Mesut is coming to us or something.

easy_like_sunday
30th June 2010, 20:27
lolz what you mean how can he go city lolz. United have got any funds left! they have spent there kitty !

Amir
30th June 2010, 20:30
lolz what you mean how can he go city lolz. United have got any funds left! they have spent there kitty !

Well you see. United are a bigger team, hence why I was shocked he went for a small team :P

Don't worry, kitty or no kitty...let's see what happens come derby time! :afridi

Theo_14
30th June 2010, 20:33
Manchester city will be a bigger team than Manchester united in the next 3-4 years.

Good capture by them, but navas looked more lively then silva in the recent wcup matches.

Amir
30th June 2010, 20:35
Manchester city will be a bigger team than Manchester united in the next 3-4 years.

I have heard that before. :ibutt

easy_like_sunday
30th June 2010, 20:35
im not getting involved with man u ! money talk my friends ! united are a big team i wont deny it

Amir
30th June 2010, 20:36
im not getting involved with man u ! money talk my friends ! united are a big team i wont deny it

Shukriya, and now let's just agree that both our teams will become power houses and smash dem London clubs? :D

Geordie Ahmed
30th June 2010, 20:38
Thats a pretty big coup for Citeh - plus Yaya is on the way, some team they will be next season

Rana
30th June 2010, 21:07
Thats a pretty big coup for Citeh - plus Yaya is on the way, some team they will be next season

Ive got a feeling they are gonna come 5th or 6th again.

d0gers
30th June 2010, 22:40
Maybe that's one of the reasons why Del Bosque isn't playing him - he played almost every game since the Euros and is suddenly dropped and didn't even come on as a sub!

There were also rumours Don Fabio didn't play Cole because of similar reasons.Why would it matter what club they've signed for?

Silva started the game against Switzerland and was ineffective in the current system they have, with 2 holding midfielders in Alonso and Busquets.

Theo_14
1st July 2010, 02:38
I have heard that before. :ibutt

did you hear it before they got over-taken by the arab billionaire or after?

I'm sorry but Manchester city are building a quality side here, they've actually got a quality manager who has the sense to sign the right players.

Boateng - cb for germany, can play fullback.
David Silva - left/right attacking midfielder.

Im sure there's more to come.

Geordie Ahmed
1st July 2010, 02:58

I'm sorry but Manchester city are building a quality side here, they've actually got a quality manager who has the sense to sign the right players.

Boateng - cb for germany, can play fullback.
David Silva - left/right attacking midfielder.

Im sure there's more to come.

Dont forget Yaya Toure which should be completed soon - brilliant DM

mindless slogging
1st July 2010, 06:17
Why would it matter what club they've signed for?

Silva started the game against Switzerland and was ineffective in the current system they have, with 2 holding midfielders in Alonso and Busquets.

Well, you can't have members of a potential WC winning side sorting their club contracts at this time can you?

Whatever matches I've seen Spain play, Silva has always been first choice. Suddenly after one bad game (Torres has had four) and he isn't even a sub anymore?

Although I cannot back this up with substantive evidence I suspect this may well be the reason why Silva was dropped. I find Mata and Pedro and Navas coming ahead of him as highly suspicious. :13:

Btw, just noted, I didn't mean Man City specifically, but Silva sorting out his club future during a WC. If Spain didn't play him because he chose Man City...well, that would be something!

Amir
1st July 2010, 06:18

No heard it when a Russian billionaire entered the PL and United's days were numbered if I remembered correctly.

1st July 2010, 08:15
What on Earth are Madrid doing ?

They need a creative/holding midfielder like Silva but instead they go for another all out attacking type in Di Maria.

I wonder of Mourinho had any say in this ..

1st July 2010, 08:19

Good capture by them, but navas looked more lively then silva in the recent wcup matches.

Navas is a great talent .. but he's got that issue traveling away from home.

d0gers
1st July 2010, 09:02
Well, you can't have members of a potential WC winning side sorting their club contracts at this time can you?Hmm. That's an interesting argument. Though if that were the case we'd be seeing Angel Di Maria being benched by Argentina as well? He's started 3 out of 4 games and was subbed in in the 4th one.

Anyway, Silva has fallen in the pecking order that much is obvious. But I think the reason is purely tactical, or he may have picked up a knock that we don't know about. There's also the fact that Spain have won all three matches in which he hasn't featured so as a coach you might think Del Bosque wouldn't want to change something that's working.

mindless slogging
1st July 2010, 09:41
Hmm. That's an interesting argument. Though if that were the case we'd be seeing Angel Di Maria being benched by Argentina as well? He's started 3 out of 4 games and was subbed in in the 4th one.

Di Maria seems a curious case, but his manager certainly doesn't seem too fussed about most things.

Anyway, Silva has fallen in the pecking order that much is obvious. But I think the reason is purely tactical, or he may have picked up a knock that we don't know about. There's also the fact that Spain have won all three matches in which he hasn't featured so as a coach you might think Del Bosque wouldn't want to change something that's working.

In which case, he should have stuck with Navas, but dropped him aswell!

He certainly didn't pick up a knock, because that would've been mentioned, but never was. I would hesitate to call it tactics, because even then he should get the go ahead from the bench infront of Mata, Pedro et al (all of whom fulfil the same role).

I wouldn't bet against this riling Del Bosque.

Actually, you may well be right. Silva only played 5 WC Qualifiers for Spain; some as sub (Xavi played 9 - http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/players/player=200176/).

Maybe he was falling out of favour. Oh well, I guess I only saw the matches he started.

zimran72
1st July 2010, 10:21

They need a creative/holding midfielder like Silva but instead they go for another all out attacking type in Di Maria.

Not sure if I would call Silva a holding midfielder. I'd say similar to Di Maria he is a winger or an attacking midfielder.

Theo_14
1st July 2010, 17:03

Silva is not a holding midfielder, he's attacking midfielder who can play on the left and right.

Mourinho has already got a quality dm which is diarra - a bonus for the new manager, now im sure he'll add another holding midfielder to his defensive formation, I could see him going for Melo or Brazil newboy Ramires.

Navas is a great talent .. but he's got that issue traveling away from home.

As he's getting older and more mature, he's becoming less stressed with homesickness, and with the money man city have im sure they can provide him 'heaven on earth'.

Amir
1st July 2010, 20:01
Silva is not a holding midfielder, he's attacking midfielder who can play on the left and right.

Mourinho has already got a quality dm which is diarra - a bonus for the new manager, now im sure he'll add another holding midfielder to his defensive formation, I could see him going for Melo or Brazil newboy Ramires.

Silva = holding midfielder? This is why American's should not watch "saaaaccccer" :))

Mourinho likes to build a team from the back. I was surprised he went for Di Maria considering he has Ronaldo, VDV, Kaka, Higuain and Benzema. It seems VDV is probably on his way out. I think his next priority will be a RB and a good LB. Rumours are they are looking at Maicon and Cole. Maicon will go for sure, Cole, probably not.

As for defensive mid, not sure what he is thinking. He already has Xabi Alonso as one holding mid and not sure if he is a big fan of Lasanna Diarra. While Diarra is a good player, he does not scream galatico like Makelele did. Real may want to consider Mascherano who has all but bought his plane ticket to Spain.

suhaib
1st July 2010, 20:16
mascherano can be on his way to inter

1st July 2010, 20:35

He can pass the ball around and maintain possession sort of like Iniesta.

Madrid's problem against quality sides last year was that they couldn't maintain possession.

Once again Real look like they are just buying up random players without any thoughts on how to build a team.

Theo_14
1st July 2010, 21:02
He can pass the ball around and maintain possession sort of like Iniesta.

Madrid's problem against quality sides last year was that they couldn't maintain possession.

Once again Real look like they are just buying up random players without any thoughts on how to build a team.

Ofcourse I agree that David Silva can pass the ball aound but on some occassion maintain possesion, but for a holding midfielder you must have the defensive attributes which david silva hasn't got at all, I don't know where you got that from.

And Andre Iniesta plays as attacking midfielder in the trio midifeld for barca and spain, he likes to go out wide and looks to give through balls past the defenders.

There is no way David Silva can be used as a holding midfielder.

1st July 2010, 21:30
Ofcourse I agree that David Silva can pass the ball aound but on some occassion maintain possesion, but for a holding midfielder you must have the defensive attributes which david silva hasn't got at all, I don't know where you got that from.

And Andre Iniesta plays as attacking midfielder in the trio midifeld for barca and spain, he likes to go out wide and looks to give through balls past the defenders.

There is no way David Silva can be used as a holding midfielder.

kkk .. just going on about semantics here .. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and others at Barca aren't "holding players" by definition yet Barca somehow have 60-70% possession every match. You don't have to be a Mascherano type to give ur team possession.

Silva is in the mold of an Iniesta, Messi or Xavi and his addition would have been a good way for Real to start to build a Barca type midfield .. and indeed they were in hot pursuit of Silva just a few weeks ago.

Amir
1st July 2010, 21:39
kkk .. just going on about semantics here .. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and others at Barca aren't "holding players" by definition yet Barca somehow have 60-70% possession every match. You don't have to be a Mascherano type to give ur team possession.

Yes but that is also because when they do lose the ball...they have guys like Toure or Busquets to win it back.

As for Silva. Barca want Cesc. No point getting both because they still have the likes of Pedro who can play on the left.

Theo_14
1st July 2010, 21:42

Silva is in the mold of an Iniesta, Messi or Xavi and his addition would have been a good way for Real to start to build a Barca type midfield .. and indeed they were in hot pursuit of Silva just a few weeks ago.

The reason why barca have so much possesion over other teams is simply because they are a better passing team then others. Also they have usually 1-2 holding midfielders in the system, Yaya and Sergio, and often Xavi can do the job too.

Who said you need to be Mascherano to give your team possesion?

The reason why I quoted you was because you said Silva would do a good job in the holding midfield role, when he's not, the furthest I'd go would be he would do a 'decent' job as a deep holding playmaker.

Silva is a attacking midfielder, a natural goalscoring winger, who likes to make runs in the box and combine with the strikers as much as he can.
The boy hasn't got the attributes to be holding midfielder like de rossi or be a deep-playmaker like xavi or alonso.

Geordie Ahmed
1st July 2010, 21:51
Silva will play behind the strikers or as a winger - he isnt a holding midfielder, deep or otherwise

Quality player and if Citeh can secure Yaya Toure they will have themselves a pretty formidable backbone

1st July 2010, 22:51
^^^ I'm shocked that Barca are giving up Toure .. absolutely shocked.

Eto'o last year and now Yaya .. whats Pep got against these guys ?

And who will take up his workload .. surely Sergio B. can't play every game and Barca don't have any other defensive midfielders.

Geordie Ahmed
1st July 2010, 22:57
They will probably use Marquez as a backup to Busquets

Rana
1st July 2010, 23:50
Arsenal could realy do with mertsecker and Ozil!

Geordie Ahmed
2nd July 2010, 02:15
Bolton sign Robbie Blake and Martin Petrov (free)

The Petrov signing is very good - the guy is a canny player and still has some years left in him

Geordie Ahmed
2nd July 2010, 20:25
Yaya Toure signing has been confirmed - the fee is reported to be about £24 Million

Amir
2nd July 2010, 20:32
Citeh looking very threatening. They finally got some steel in defence. De Jong-Toure combo looks deadly. Relegate Kolo to the bench and play Kompany in the middle I say!

Its too bad they treated Robinho so badly otherwise they would be amazinf. Silva left, him right. I think now that Citeh have two world class players rather than just PL players....Citeh should be aiming to win the title. Top four spot is just a formality for them now.

d0gers
2nd July 2010, 21:41
From the BBC:
The news just keeps on coming: Chelsea have signed Yossi Benayoun from Liverpool on a three-year deal, while Sunderland have bagged Egyptian international Ahmed Al-Muhammadi on a season-long loan from ENPPI.

Geordie Ahmed
2nd July 2010, 21:50
Yossi to Chelsea is a bit of an odd one - he will be a bench warmer BUT I guess he will be getting paid a healthy wage

Geordie Ahmed
5th July 2010, 18:48
James Perch from Nottingham Forest to Newcastle United - undisclosed fee

Theo_14
5th July 2010, 22:08
Does anyone know how much yaya will be earning per week approx?

hasanb
5th July 2010, 23:51
Does anyone know how much yaya will be earning per week approx?

He will earn no less then 220,000 pounds per week...which in my humble opinion is grotesque and disgusting.

The Godfather
5th July 2010, 23:57
Moutinhio joins Porto for £9.1Million from sporting Lisbon

6th July 2010, 01:21
Yaya Toure signing has been confirmed - the fee is reported to be about £24 Million

:93:

Barca are out of their minds.

Yaya was an absolute beast in their midfield.

He won possession of everything in the middle and was responsible for shielding their fragile defense by stopping counterattacks before they even got started.

Eto'o last year and now Toure .. does Pep not get along with African players or something ?

mindless slogging
6th July 2010, 01:36
He will earn no less then 220,000 pounds per week...which in my humble opinion is grotesque and disgusting.

His worth is nowhere near that. Absolutely atrocious. But then again, they are paying Adebayor a fortune for doing sh!t all aswell; can't even get in the top four!

:93:

Barca are out of their minds.

Yaya was an absolute beast in their midfield.

He won possession of everything in the middle and was responsible for shielding their fragile defense by stopping counterattacks before they even got started.

Eto'o last year and now Toure .. does Pep not get along with African players or something ?

He isn't as good as being made out, and getting 24mil for Barca's troubles is a massive bonus for them.

Busquets deposed him in midfield, and played all the major games - vs Madrid, Arsenal, Inter (I think Yaya played CB), World Club etc etc - and Yaya only got a few matches on the side, and looked a shadow of himself in them.

I'd agree with your comments if they came a year ago, but Barca don't need him anymore and he isn't the player he was 12 months ago (partly because he is given less opportunites, played out of place and also due to form).

This is a massive deal for Barca, especially considering they are selling a squad player.

Theo_14
6th July 2010, 02:02

just show's that most sport's including football is nothing but all about money.

He get's 220 thousandpounds per week for kicking a ball bascially, wah kia baat hai :14: .

mindless slogging
6th July 2010, 02:06
just show's that most sport's including football is nothing but all about money.

He get's 220 pounds per week for kicking a ball bascially, wah kia baat hai :14: .

No, he's a defensive midfielder who gets 220 thousand pounds per week for preventing others from kicking a ball around! :inzi

Geordie Ahmed
6th July 2010, 09:18
Reports that Barcelona have signed Juan Mata from Valencia

He is a quality player BUT where will he play for Barca????

Anyhow the Valencia side has been ripped apart, their 3 best players have been sold (Villa, Silva and Mata) - gonna be a tough season for them I suspect

Geordie Ahmed
6th July 2010, 09:21
Also reports that Barcelona have agreed to sell Dmytro Chygrynskiy back to Shakhtar Donetsk - they will take a 10 Million Euros loss on him, they paid 25 Million Euros for him last summer

6th July 2010, 18:29

Anyhow the Valencia side has been ripped apart, their 3 best players have been sold (Villa, Silva and Mata) - gonna be a tough season for them I suspect

Rejoice Arsenal fans .. only reason Barca would be going after Mata is if they felt that they wouldn't be getting Cesc any time soon.

He'll be used as a back up for the injury prone Iniesta.

vE_bdgAeWHg

Theo_14
6th July 2010, 20:30

I wonder what the fee is, I'm not sure where he will be used but I do remember pep saying he want's to sign atleast 4-5 midfielders in different areas so he can have no problem in rotating the squad.

Looks like pep is looking for depth then add serious first team players to the squad.

About time Valencia started to sell their star players considering the amount of debt they are in, I just hope they don't struggle like portsmouth did when they sold the likes of muntari and defoe.

Geordie Ahmed
6th July 2010, 21:18
The fee being reported is 20 Million Euro's which is a canny deal

Geordie Ahmed
6th July 2010, 21:19
Rejoice Arsenal fans .. only reason Barca would be going after Mata is if they felt that they wouldn't be getting Cesc any time soon.

He'll be used as a back up for the injury prone Iniesta.

vE_bdgAeWHg

haha - thats an outrageous skill, that too agains a **** defender :D

d0gers
7th July 2010, 03:37
Blockbuster transfer:

Toronto FC of the MLS sign ex-Real Madrid and Valencia striker Mista.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/05/lukewilemanreports

Amir
7th July 2010, 03:47
Blockbuster transfer:

Toronto FC of the MLS sign ex-Real Madrid and Valencia striker Mista.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/05/lukewilemanreports

Blockbuster for us, yes. This looks like a good signing. Someone who can score at this level, and brings a lot of experience. Good news for us :)

d0gers
7th July 2010, 04:13
^Yeah that was only slightly tongue-in-cheek. It is a good deal. I remember watching Mista play for Rafa's Valencia early part of the decade when they were regularly in the Champions League. He's only 31 so fair bit of football still left in him.

All in all it'll be good for the MLS.

Amir
7th July 2010, 04:28
^Yeah that was only slightly tongue-in-cheek.

Don't steal my moment. Now call it a blockbuster deal once more so I can feel better.

I just hope he succeeds, we could use a finisher. We been relying too much on D-Ro to bail us out time and time.

Oxy
7th July 2010, 05:44
Confirmed

Cardiff City will be signing NOBODY until further notice :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8787586.stm

Geordie Ahmed
7th July 2010, 05:46
Confirmed

Cardiff City will be signing NOBODY until further notice :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8787586.stm

Dont worry im sure Kelvin Etuhu will return on loan

Oxy
7th July 2010, 05:51
Dont worry im sure Kelvin Etuhu will return on loan
:po: :po: :po:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&goto=1898648&rid=3735&S=1a128766f2b6a3e00babe65cfc6f2b4d&srch=etuhu#msg_1898648

Geordie Ahmed
7th July 2010, 05:57
:po: :po: :po:

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.php?t=msg&goto=1898648&rid=3735&S=1a128766f2b6a3e00babe65cfc6f2b4d&srch=etuhu#msg_1898648

The following comment had me in stitches

etuhu 6 foot when he walks 5 foot 9 when he jumps!!

:))) :))) :)))

Theo_14
7th July 2010, 21:45
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/laurent-koscielny-completes-move-to-arsenal

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of defender Laurent Koscielny from French Ligue 1 side Lorient on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

According to Keown, Koscielny is too young and coming from a weak league. If memory serves me right, Tony Adams said the exact same thing about Vermaelen who was also signed for a similar fee and his signing was met with a similar amout of dismay from Arsenal fans. Hopefully it's a good omen.

d0gers
8th July 2010, 20:56
Danish defender Simon Kjaer has signed for Wolfsburg on a 4-year deal.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6251795,00.html

Liverpool have signed Serbian striker Milan Jovanovic.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1293114/Liverpool-confirm-Milan-Jovanovic-signing-Serbia-midfielder-joins-year-deal.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Brilliant_Boyd
10th July 2010, 19:50
http://www.theposh.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10427~2088889,00.html

Get In! :14: :14: :14:

Geordie Ahmed
14th July 2010, 20:33
Thierry Henry has joined New York Red Bulls

Geordie Ahmed
14th July 2010, 20:34
http://www.theposh.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10427~2088889,00.html

Get In! :14: :14: :14:

I thought he had joined forest?

Anyhow thats great news for you lot - big player for you

Oxy
14th July 2010, 21:17
Joe Ledley joins Celtic from Cardiff City (Free transfer, because the **** wouldnt sign a new contract) - we turned down a £5m bid from Stoke last season!

Amir
14th July 2010, 21:23
Joe Ledley joins Celtic from Cardiff City (Free transfer, because the **** wouldnt sign a new contract) - we turned down a £5m bid from Stoke last season!

In fairness, made no sense to sell him. You were challenging for playoffs and you can only do that with your best team.

90M (or however big that payment is) > 5m

Oxy
14th July 2010, 21:27
In fairness, made no sense to sell him. You were challenging for playoffs and you can only do that with your best team.

90M (or however big that payment is) > 5m

We were correct to hold onto him - he could have at least joined an English PL club - that was his reason for wanting a move, and because he is under 23, we would have recvd compensation for bringing on local talent.

Instaed he goes to the joke that is the SPL!!! Which means no transfer fee, no compensation either!

I hope he rots in the reserves - and ends up in League 1 next year

Geordie Ahmed
14th July 2010, 21:32
Celtic? What on earth does he want to go there for?

Oxy
14th July 2010, 21:54
Celtic? What on earth does he want to go there for?

Extra £5k a week - sideways move. But the challenge of facing Hamilton Academicals in a Scottish Cup game on a Wednesday in January proved to strong...

Geordie Ahmed
14th July 2010, 21:56
Idiot - could have easily gotten himself a move to a Prem side

t11sk9
16th July 2010, 04:01
Madrid have signed Getafe winger Pedro Leon, pretty decent player but obviously not some one who would sell a lot of shirts. I actually think that this set of Galacticos has a lot of players who are young so there is potential for improvement and I think if they get a LB and a decent Central defender the team would be complete.

d0gers
16th July 2010, 20:38
Barcelona have signed fullback Adriano from Sevilla for 9.5 million euros, plus 4 million in incentives.
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/07/16/n100716112046.html

t11sk9
16th July 2010, 23:49
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/8829949.stm

Man City have agreed a deal to sign Kolarov from Lazio, now he is a top class left back, must say City are building a cracking side.

Geordie Ahmed
17th July 2010, 01:52
Barcelona have signed fullback Adriano from Sevilla for 9.5 million euros, plus 4 million in incentives.
http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/07/16/n100716112046.html

He is more of a winger really

Geordie Ahmed
17th July 2010, 01:53
West Ham have signed Mexico winger Pablo Barrera and Lyon striker Frederic Piquionne

That Barrera looked impressive at the World Cup in the short appearances he made

Theo_14
19th July 2010, 18:35
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...-sign-joe-cole

Gone to Liverpool "wants to stay in London", sure.

Amir
19th July 2010, 21:06
Good signing my Liverpool. Decent talented player, and effectively it was like they did a trade for Benayoun to Chelsea but get the 6 million fee. Good bit of business by Hodgson.

sully3
19th July 2010, 21:22
Good signing my Liverpool. Decent talented player, and effectively it was like they did a trade for Benayoun to Chelsea but get the 6 million fee. Good bit of business by Hodgson.

not good enough to play for any big clubs in the world

Amir
19th July 2010, 21:29
not good enough to play for any big clubs in the world

Just cause he playing for Pool doesn't mean he is not a good player. Pool still have a lot to offer and will finish no lower than six again. Bringing in Cole shows their commitment to win and this should further persuade Gerrard and Torres to stay. Mascrehano is a cnut who is always just looking for the next biggest payday.

Anyways, back to my point Cole was being coveted by Milan and some other Italian teams. He is a decent player and he could definitely play for a big club (aren't Liverpool a big club?). I think this deal actually works out for the best for many teams:

United - we don't need another winger, we need someone in the middle and not sure if he is creative enough to do that
Arsenal - why get a player like him when you have 10 others like him - Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin...
Spurs - A lot of competition - Modric, Kranjcar, Bentley and then returning players like Dos Santos. They don't need him.

19th July 2010, 22:45
Good signing for Liverpool .. Cole will liven up their midfield and should work well with Torres, Gerrard and others.

As for Mascherano .. he's an overrated thug .. they will be better without him.

sully3
20th July 2010, 16:28
Just cause he playing for Pool doesn't mean he is not a good player. Pool still have a lot to offer and will finish no lower than six again. Bringing in Cole shows their commitment to win and this should further persuade Gerrard and Torres to stay. Mascrehano is a cnut who is always just looking for the next biggest payday.

Anyways, back to my point Cole was being coveted by Milan and some other Italian teams. He is a decent player and he could definitely play for a big club (aren't Liverpool a big club?). I think this deal actually works out for the best for many teams:

United - we don't need another winger, we need someone in the middle and not sure if he is creative enough to do that
Arsenal - why get a player like him when you have 10 others like him - Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin...
Spurs - A lot of competition - Modric, Kranjcar, Bentley and then returning players like Dos Santos. They don't need him.

Fergie will be stupid if he dosnt go in for ozil.

do u remeber last summer when Madrid were off loading sneijder, i was begging for fergie to sign him, he went for like 15 mill now look he is more then 35. fergie has missed out on some good players over the years, now i fear ozil is another.

Oxy
20th July 2010, 16:55
Fergie will be stupid if he dosnt go in for ozil.

do u remeber last summer when Madrid were off loading sneijder, i was begging for fergie to sign him, he went for like 15 mill now look he is more then 35. fergie has missed out on some good players over the years, now i fear ozil is another.
I dont think any one but Man City has the cash - unless they offload a few players 1st

Oxy
21st July 2010, 00:05
Liverpool's 2nd player in 2 days - shock, horror...he's not Spanish either!!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/20/2034356/rangers-agree-5m-deal-in-principle-to-sell-danny-wilson-to

Rangers have confirmed a £5 million deal has been agreed in principle to sell promising centre back Danny Wilson to Liverpool.

http://images.teamtalk.com/08/11/150x150/Danny-Wilson-Hartlepool_1452110.jpg

Wilson, 18, emerged into the first-team picture at Ibrox last term and was awarded the Scottish Football Association Young Player of the Year trophy. This potential alerted the Reds to his ability and on Tuesday he did not travel with his Rangers team-mates for their tour of Australia.

Geordie Ahmed
21st July 2010, 08:55
:))):))):)))

Is he still managing?

Theo_14
21st July 2010, 15:53
West Ham have signed Mexico winger Pablo Barrera

Good eye from the scouts and manager because Barrera hardly feaured in the world cup - I don't think he started any matches during the world cup - but when he came on as a subsitute, he looked very impressive.

Good signing, let's hope he adapts to the premierleague and does well.

Theo_14
22nd July 2010, 00:12
Arsenal's Eduardo has completed his move to Shakhtar for undisclosed fee.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...akhtar-donetsk

d0gers
22nd July 2010, 01:06
Arsenal's Eduardo has completed his move to Shakhtar for undisclosed fee.
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...akhtar-donetskYour link doesn't work. BBC says the fee is around 6 million.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8843013.stm

Prince_Pathan
22nd July 2010, 02:17
liverpool apparantly signed serbian jovanavic sometime during the summer...never noticed it...hes a good player...

Theo_14
23rd July 2010, 06:33
liverpool apparantly signed serbian jovanavic sometime during the summer...never noticed it...hes a good player...

they signed him 4-5 months ago I believe, scored a goal in the world cup - but haven't heard or seen much of him.

He was given the number 11 I think which is now for some reason given to Joe Cole.

Geordie Ahmed
23rd July 2010, 18:48
Sunderland sign Titus Bramble from Wigan for an undisclosed fee

Prince_Pathan
23rd July 2010, 22:21
^^ why anybody would want to sign him ill never know lol

d0gers
27th July 2010, 20:12
Posted this in the rumors thread and now is confirmed. Bolton have signed Marcos Alonso, a left fullback who has emerged from Real Madrid's youth system.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/page/General/0,,1004~2103133,00.html

d0gers
28th July 2010, 20:56
Another rumor confirmed. Raul has joined Schalke on a two-year deal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8853969.stm

AZ
28th July 2010, 21:21
should've just retired.

d0gers
28th July 2010, 21:52
should've just retired.Yeah I suppose. Then again, he's only 33.

Amir
28th July 2010, 22:18
should've just retired.

Why? He still has years in him, love for the game...its a shame he does not play for clubs like United or Juventus who know how to treat their legends.

AZ
28th July 2010, 22:22
dunno about ManUre, but yeah, Juve's great when it comes to that.

Oxy
29th July 2010, 04:25
Sol Campbell - Confirmed

Arsenal to Newcastle on a free [1 year contract]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1298293/Sol-Campbell-completes-free-transfer-Newcastle.html

Oxy
29th July 2010, 04:28
Liverpool agree fee of £2.5m for Aston Villa's Luke Young

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/27/liverpool-luke-young-aston-villa

Liverpool quite active in the transfer market.

Wont mean JACK if they lose Torres & Mascherano!

Amir
29th July 2010, 04:41
dunno about ManUre, but yeah, Juve's great when it comes to that.

Well it could also be because at Juventus you don't have to sustain such a high level of football when you compete in Europa League.

BTW, United: Scholes, Giggs and Neville (not too forget Robson or Ole Solsjekaer)

d0gers
29th July 2010, 20:25
Well it could also be because at Juventus you don't have to sustain such a high level of football when you compete in Europa League.

BTW, United: Scholes, Giggs and Neville (not too forget Robson or Ole Solsjekaer)Who?

Come on Amir, at least treat your legends right.

Amir
29th July 2010, 20:39
Who?

Come on Amir, at least treat your legends right.

Who cares how I spell it, most importantly its how the club treat him.

Any smart @$$ comments about that too?

d0gers
29th July 2010, 21:46
Well if you consider him a legend then you can start by getting his name right, all I'm saying.

Amir
29th July 2010, 22:03
Well if you consider him a legend then you can start by getting his name right, all I'm saying.

Yawn, don't quit your day job.

Theo_14
29th July 2010, 22:56
Another rumor confirmed. Raul has joined Schalke on a two-year deal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8853969.stm

What a legend.

Pure example of loyality and love for the club. Real Madrid signed him from their rival Atletico back in 1992. His first team debut was in 1994! Since then, Raul scored 323 goals in 741 matches, won Champions Leauge 3 times and spanish Primera 6 times!

Respect, senor Raul.

t11sk9
29th July 2010, 23:50
Raul is Raul man, Legend

Oxy
31st July 2010, 00:12
David James (Portsmouth) has moved to.....Bristol City - Free Transfer

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4O0rAgeINpHS2nFpssDJo5N9m_JKM-eJgyR10oyGLK_NpscE&t=1&usg=__LlcAvQGr-nxNbsxlcHcdMFsO0rg=

shabbu1
31st July 2010, 13:31
Sami Khedira signs a 5 year contract with Real Madrid: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8871555.stm

20legend
31st July 2010, 13:54
Charlton Athletic have confirmed the signing of striker Pawel Abbott from League One rivals Oldham Athletic.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6287029,00.html

Oxy
3rd August 2010, 00:20
Fabio Aurelio joins Liverpool....after leaving Liverpool!

d0gers
4th August 2010, 03:36
Rafa Marquez has joined former Barcelona teammate Thierry Henry at the New York Red Bulls, signing a three-and-a-half year contract.

4th August 2010, 14:51
^^^ Great .. now I get to watch him stink it up in person :P .. anyways good thing Barca let him go .. he's been a massive liability the past few seasons.

Boi
4th August 2010, 21:19
Chelsea's signing of Brazilian midfielder, Ramires, is pretty much confirmed. He is due to have a medical today.

Oxy
4th August 2010, 21:48
Jason Koumas from Wigan to Cardiff City on a season long loan :)

11th August 2010, 11:13
Carvalho reunites with Jose .. much needed defensive boost for the merengues.

Geordie Ahmed
12th August 2010, 02:35
BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS
Manchester United have signed striker Bebe from Vitoria Guimaraes for an undisclosed fee subject to a medical.

Asad7
12th August 2010, 02:38
^^^Yet another striker? United trying to compete with city or sumthing?

Amir
12th August 2010, 02:46
BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS
Manchester United have signed striker Bebe from Vitoria Guimaraes for an undisclosed fee subject to a medical.

Who? Go SIGN OZIL!!!?!?!

Amir
12th August 2010, 02:48
Reportedly 7.4M pounds. If we are spending that much on unknown players, at least there goes that myth that we are skint. Apparently recommended by CQ.

Just go take 20M now and sign Ozil.

suhaib
12th August 2010, 03:13
you cant just give Ozil £20m and expect him to forget about barco, real madrid and chelsea and expect him to move here, thats his decision.

Amir
12th August 2010, 03:17
you cant just give Ozil £20m and expect him to forget about barco, real madrid and chelsea and expect him to move here, thats his decision.

No but 20M should make Werder happy.

Anyways, Bebe represented Portugal at the homeless world cup from what I have been told, came from an orphanage. Bad joke? No, it isn't: http://www.homelessworldcup.org/

AZ
12th August 2010, 15:15
Christian Poulsen has left Juve and joined Liverpool.

good riddance.

Theo_14
12th August 2010, 18:32

good riddance.

Payment from Liverpool is due in two instalments, with €2.725million (£2.2m) to be paid up front and €2.75million (£2.3m) on 1st July 2011.

The agreement could end up costing the Reds a further €1.2million (£987,000), dependent on Poulsen meeting certain criteria during his time with the club.

The deal sees Poulsen reunited with Hodgson 10 years after he gave him his big break while on the books of FC Copenhagen.

Not bad for a 30 year old eh, now Liverpool have a new tough tackling midfielder who is likely to replace Masch and Aquilani who is yet to prove if he is capable of replacing ex deep lying playmaker Alonso.

Geordie Ahmed
12th August 2010, 20:51
Stoke sign Kenwynne Jones for £8 Million from the Mackems

Where have Stoke got all this money from?

A week or so ago they had a £10 Million offer for Remy accepted

Oxy
12th August 2010, 21:29
Where have Stoke got all this money from?

2 years in the EPL, with 2 decent finishes - not much money spent, they must have saved a few bob

AZ
12th August 2010, 22:02
Not bad for a 30 year old eh, now Liverpool have a new tough tackling midfielder who is likely to replace Masch and Aquilani who is yet to prove if he is capable of replacing ex deep lying playmaker Alonso.

lol

he can't do any of that effectively.

Anfield
13th August 2010, 02:11
You been pretty ignorant thus far. I don't doubt Liverpool's class, I just think their fans are numpties cause they think they got the world's best in every position.

Anyways to the topic, Balotelli reportedly has signed for City worth 28M on a 60K/week salary. Not bad for a true world class talent and looks like that 180K stuff was just bad journalism.

just saying what is pretty obvious to me. thats all.

regarding Ballotelli, thank lord. now com'on inter make a move for Masch nd give us our 25 mil so we can go out nd get Cole from the hammers. :D

AZ
13th August 2010, 02:45
you want to sell Mascherano and buy Carlton Cole?

Theo_14
13th August 2010, 04:29

Poulsen is a hack. I've never rated him. Was absolutely dire for Juventus, so it's no surprise they got rid of him so quickly. I can see this being a decent move for Liverpool as Hodgson can get the best out of him but even the best is nothing special.

Geordie Ahmed
13th August 2010, 04:56
you want to sell Mascherano and buy Carlton Cole?

Thats mental

Carlton Cole is pants - there was a brief moment under Zola where he played very well BUT by and large he is pants

d0gers
14th August 2010, 05:49
These two were pretty much done deals but have finally been made official today:

Chelsea have signed Ramires from Benfica on a four-year deal worth £17m.

Manchester City have signed Mario Balotelli from Inter Milan on a five-year £24m deal. They are also looking to wrap up the James Milner signing soon.

Geordie Ahmed
14th August 2010, 07:35
The James Milner signing is apparently being held up due to Stephen Ireland demanding a £2 Million pay off from Citeh - he claims he deserves that because he didnt want to leave the club

Obeid
14th August 2010, 09:55
Mark Schwarzer has handed in a transfer request to Fulham to join Arsenal...lets hope Wenger picks him up!

Oxy
17th August 2010, 18:01
51 posts deleted which have absolutely NOTHING to do with Confirmed Transfers 2010-11

Lets stick to topic and leave club rivalry for other threads

Thanks

Oxy
17th August 2010, 18:06
:27: Breaking News!!!!!!!! :27:

Craig Bellamy moves to Cardiff City on loan

Craig Bellamy has joined Cardiff City on a season-long loan, Manchester City and the Bluebirds have confirmed.

"Bellamy has agreed to join Championship club Cardiff City on a season-long loan," said a Manchester City statement on their website.

"He will be officially unveiled in South Wales later today [Tuesday]."

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/48769000/jpg/_48769407_craig_bellamy_cardiff_wns.jpg

Cardiff are due to present the Wales captain at a Tuesday afternoon press conference and he will face Doncaster Rovers in Saturday's home league match.

Bellamy said: "I'm thrilled to be coming back home to Cardiff and am excited at the prospect of wearing the shirt and playing for the club I've supported since I was a boy.

---------

Press Conference Live at 3.30pm on SSN - might go down!!!

d0gers
17th August 2010, 19:55
Mesut Ozil confirmed to Real Madrid, reportedly in a 6-year 15 million euro deal.

Geordie Ahmed
17th August 2010, 21:42
Massive signing for Cardiff City - him and Chopra will form a lethal partnership, the best in the division no doubt - plus Jay Bothroyd is there

Geordie Ahmed
17th August 2010, 21:43
Mesut Ozil confirmed to Real Madrid, reportedly in a 6-year 15 million euro deal.

Brilliant signing - delighted he has gone there as him joining Man-U would have been unbearable :D

With Khedira already there, Mourinho has made 2 clever signings

Oxy
17th August 2010, 23:48
Spent 4 hours at Cardiff City Stadium - 500+ fans turned up at an hours notice to welcome Bellamy to the club.

Really surreal. Cant quite over the fact that he has signed! They let us into the Grandstand, and he was unveiled to to us!

Bizzare!

Zahid87
18th August 2010, 03:21
Ozil cost £16.6m. Pounds not Euros! £13m rising to £16.6m is what I've been told.

Expensive for a player with a year to run. Almost as bad as City and Nigel De Jong.

Brilliant signing - delighted he has gone there as him joining Man-U would have been unbearable :D

With Khedira already there, Mourinho has made 2 clever signings

Overstacked his midfield surely. A playmaker is for most teams a luxury player. Madrid have Van Der Vaart, Kaka, Canales and now Ozil.

hasanb
18th August 2010, 04:03
Ozil cost £16.6m. Pounds not Euros! £13m rising to £16.6m is what I've been told.

Expensive for a player with a year to run. Almost as bad as City and Nigel De Jong.

If a team is willing to pay near on 8 million for an unknown player like bebe i think 16 mil for the calibre of Ozil is an absolute steal no matter how long he has on his contract.

Amir
18th August 2010, 04:20
If a team is willing to pay near on 8 million for an unknown player like bebe i think 16 mil for the calibre of Ozil is an absolute steal no matter how long he has on his contract.

Exactly. There potential is there for everyone to see. Plus, many clubs, many TOP clubs are after him so you have to pay that for him.

Plus in today's market with Balotelli going for 24, Milner 24 (LOL), Kaka 56, ROnaldo 80 and so on....16M is a steal. Furthermore, not like De Jong because De Jong was bought at the Jan window and Citeh just had to wait 5 months and they would have had him (they weren't challenging for PL that season). Ozil could be gone before Real knew it.

Anfield
18th August 2010, 09:55
Jones to Liverpool for 2.3 mil

Really dont know what to make of this. I mean we already have Diego as the back-up, then why does Woy go out and spend 2 mil on a keeper that we really dont need. dont get this honestly?!?

Oxy
18th August 2010, 16:28
Jones to Liverpool for 2.3 mil

Really dont know what to make of this. I mean we already have Diego as the back-up, then why does Woy go out and spend 2 mil on a keeper that we really dont need. dont get this honestly?!?
Isnt he ex-Middlesboro? Nothing special.

Oxy
18th August 2010, 17:37
Oh the jealousy....

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/covers/257x330back/2010-08-18.jpg

Zahid87
18th August 2010, 19:39
Exactly. There potential is there for everyone to see. Plus, many clubs, many TOP clubs are after him so you have to pay that for him.

Plus in today's market with Balotelli going for 24, Milner 24 (LOL), Kaka 56, ROnaldo 80 and so on....16M is a steal. Furthermore, not like De Jong because De Jong was bought at the Jan window and Citeh just had to wait 5 months and they would have had him (they weren't challenging for PL that season). Ozil could be gone before Real knew it.

Not really. Real could have agreed with him that they would sign him once his contract ran down. I don't think that Real had much competition. From what I hear, Barcelona were not interested (holding out for Fabregas), nor Inter. United were, but Ozil didn't fancy England. He set his heart on Madrid.

And I still disagree that £16m is a 'steal' for a player that has one year on his contract - people forget that its only a 21 year old promising midfielder. Ozil hasn't become a world beater yet, though I believe that he has everything in his locker to become one. And I do wish he had come to United as he is the kind of player that we need.

Milner at £24m is because hes english. English players have the premium cause there are hardly any decent ones, and PL clubs need to fill up on them.

With Bebe I agree that the fee was excessive. The irony with Fergie talking about kamikaze spending, and then saying he had never seen Bebe play before, and yet spent £7.3m on him was not lost on me. Hopefully he is something special. And the difference is that other clubs had lodged bids for Bebe, only Madrid were in the running for Ozil.

d0gers
18th August 2010, 22:03
Oh the jealousy....

http://images.dailyexpress.co.uk/img/covers/257x330back/2010-08-18.jpgWhat's a 'winding up order'?

Amir
18th August 2010, 22:09
What's a 'winding up order'?

Asking for payments.

Anfield
19th August 2010, 12:50
Isnt he ex-Middlesboro? Nothing special.

yeap he is. dont know much about him at all. though I've heard 'boro fans are thrilled he's gone. Interesting signing :13:

makes sense I guess if Diego is off

Amir
19th August 2010, 14:46
yeap he is. dont know much about him at all. though I've heard 'boro fans are thrilled he's gone. Interesting signing :13:

makes sense I guess if Diego is off

He isn't. Most teams have three goalies. Hodgson has said they brought him in to compete with Diego, just to give some pressure.

AZ
19th August 2010, 23:29
Krasic moved to Juventus

19.08.2010 19/08/2010

Today CSKA and Juventus have agreed to move to Italian club midfielder Milos Krasic CSKA. In the coming days Krasic go to Turin to sign the personal contract.

During his time at our club Krasic was twice champion of Russia, a multiple winner of the Cup and the Super, winner of the UEFA Cup.

We will always remember a great game Milosz, who often delight us his flank passes, great passes, dedication, and, of course, fantastic goals.

Thanks, Milos , and good luck in the new club!

Theo_14
20th August 2010, 21:05

15million is quite alot for a young player who only had 1 year remaining on his contract.

Good capture and I'm sure Mourinho will get the best out of Ozil - looks like he could feature in the first team considering Kaka is out for a while but it also depends on what kind of formattion Mourinho will use.

Spent 4 hours at Cardiff City Stadium - 500+ fans turned up at an hours notice to welcome Bellamy to the club.

Really surreal. Cant quite over the fact that he has signed! They let us into the Grandstand, and he was unveiled to to us!

Bizzare!

Delighted Cardiff City have signed him on a 6month loan deal - I cannot wait to see him tommorow captain Cardiff City :D.

d0gers
20th August 2010, 22:21
Crystal Palace have completed the signing of former Dutch international Edgar Davids.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/crystal_palace/8929525.stm

hasanb
21st August 2010, 00:16
Krasic moved to Juventus

19.08.2010 19/08/2010

Today CSKA and Juventus have agreed to move to Italian club midfielder Milos Krasic CSKA. In the coming days Krasic go to Turin to sign the personal contract.

During his time at our club Krasic was twice champion of Russia, a multiple winner of the Cup and the Super, winner of the UEFA Cup.

We will always remember a great game Milosz, who often delight us his flank passes, great passes, dedication, and, of course, fantastic goals.

Thanks, Milos , and good luck in the new club!

I just noticed the other day that Juventus didnt even make it to the Europa league this year their in the Europa league qualifiers!

Just how bad was your season last year!

AZ
21st August 2010, 00:17
no comment. :P

apparently we are taking Aquilani on loan from Pool :69:

AZ
22nd August 2010, 19:45
^ it's official.

now a LB, and a backup CB, and we're ready to roll.

Amir
22nd August 2010, 19:48
I just noticed the other day that Juventus didnt even make it to the Europa league this year their in the Europa league qualifiers!

Just how bad was your season last year!

So bad that he hasn't even created a thread for them. AZ, you can run, but you can't hide. :inzi

Geordie Ahmed
23rd August 2010, 11:16
from nufc.co.uk

Newcastle United have agreed terms with FC Twente for the transfer of 24-year old midfielder Cheick Tiote.

The Ivory Coast midfielder, who played in his country's three games in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and was part of the Twente squad that won the Eredivisie last season, has passed his medical on Tyneside. The move is now subject to United being granted a work permit for the player.

Tiote began his professional career with Anderlecht in Belgium in 2005, had a loan spell with Roda in Holland, before moving to FC Twente in 2008.

AZ
23rd August 2010, 12:25
So bad that he hasn't even created a thread for them. AZ, you can run, but you can't hide. :inzi

it's not like PP is overflowing with Juve fans, is it? :zoni

I expect Geordie bhai to be make the Serie A thread when it matters ;-)

AZ
23rd August 2010, 15:07
http://www.goal.com/en/news/2377/top-10/2010/08/20/2079367/top-10-things-that-are-a-bigger-rip-off-than-james-milners

:)) hilarious!

Amir
23rd August 2010, 21:52
http://www.goal.com/en/news/2377/top-10/2010/08/20/2079367/top-10-things-that-are-a-bigger-rip-off-than-james-milners

:)) hilarious!

Are train tickets really that expensive in the UK? Everyone is always harping on about their cheap prices...

AZ
23rd August 2010, 22:01
win-win for Villa, must say...they need to invest now!

Geordie Ahmed
23rd August 2010, 22:10
win-win for Villa, must say...they need to invest now!

wasnt a win-win yesterday - they got a big ol phainty :yk

AZ
23rd August 2010, 22:15
woh kaise? Ireland and a bucketload of cash is good.

Geordie Ahmed
23rd August 2010, 22:28
woh kaise? Ireland and a bucketload of cash is good.

I agree they did well out of that deal BUT I was talking about yesterdays game, where we gave them a phainty :D

AZ
23rd August 2010, 22:29
oh lol, what happened? you guys beat them?

d0gers
26th August 2010, 22:34
Sebastien Squillaci confirmed from Sevilla to Arsenal. Didn't play for Sevilla vs SC Braga so he's Champions League eligible.

Surprising move really. If they were going to sign a 30-yr old Frenchman I would've held on to Gallas.

AZ
26th August 2010, 22:37
Diego has been sold to Wolfsburg...I'll reserve my judgment to see what the mgmt. comes up with instead before I blow my brains out.

d0gers
27th August 2010, 11:50
Diego has been sold to Wolfsburg...I'll reserve my judgment to see what the mgmt. comes up with instead before I blow my brains out.He did have a lot of success in the Bundesliga. Was it something he wanted or Juve didn't feel he fit in?

d0gers
27th August 2010, 11:52
Javier Mascherano more or less confirmed to Barcelona. Liverpool have agreed to a fee and given Barcelona permission to speak to the player.

Amir
27th August 2010, 14:39
Diego has been sold to Wolfsburg...I'll reserve my judgment to see what the mgmt. comes up with instead before I blow my brains out.

Makes no sense. I thought he started the season well and a lot of rave about him but faded in the 2nd half of the season. Still, makes no sense.

Anyways, good news for Geordie.
As per ESPN, Ben Arfa is set to join Newcastle on loan with the option to buy.

AZ
27th August 2010, 15:24
He did have a lot of success in the Bundesliga. Was it something he wanted or Juve didn't feel he fit in?

a bit of both...did not have a particularly good season, we didn't really want him, and he was offered a much pay deal at Wolfsburg.

Makes no sense. I thought he started the season well and a lot of rave about him but faded in the 2nd half of the season. Still, makes no sense.

Anyways, good news for Geordie.
As per ESPN, Ben Arfa is set to join Newcastle on loan with the option to buy.

we've decided to switch back to 4-4-2 this year, and that didn't particularly suit him, although he has played the SS role in the past.

Geordie Ahmed
27th August 2010, 18:56
Newcastle United have completed the signing of 24-year old midfielder Cheik Tiote from FC Twente on a four-year deal, after the player was granted a work permit yesterday.

Get in - happy with this. We needed a defensive midfielder as we only have Alan Smith in that role at the moment and thats obviously not good enough. Hopefully he can adapt to the conditions asap and start performing

t11sk9
28th August 2010, 18:39
BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS:
Newcastle have announced the signing of Hatem Ben Arfa on an initial season-long loan deal from Marseille

Theo_14
29th August 2010, 00:10
BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS:
Newcastle have announced the signing of Hatem Ben Arfa on an initial season-long loan deal from Marseille

Possibly loan signing of the season? Superb capture by Newcastle!!

Geordie Ahmed
29th August 2010, 01:45
BREAKING TRANSFER NEWS:

Possibly loan signing of the season? Superb capture by Newcastle!!

Brilliant signing - still cant believe it has happened.

His career hasnt quite took off like it was supposed to BUT he is still talented

Apparently the loan move turns permanent if he plays 25 games - not bad

Can't wait for the Blackpool game in a couple of weeks - he should make his debut then :)

30th August 2010, 13:53
Ibra going out on loan to AC Milan with an option to buy for 24 million Euros.

Markhor
30th August 2010, 23:18
Werder Bremen have signed former France defender Mikael Silvestre on a free transfer.

Wilfred Bouma has completed a return to PSV Eindhoven by penning a two-year contract.

Liverpool have completed the signing of Portugal international Raul Meireles from Porto.

Stuttgart are on the verge of signing Mauro Camoranesi from Juventus, according to reports in Germany.

Rapid Vienna have confirmed the signing of Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink on a free transfer.

d0gers
30th August 2010, 23:40
Ibra going out on loan to AC Milan with an option to buy for 24 million Euros.So let's break down this transfer:

Last summer Barcelona paid Inter 46 million Euros + Samuel Eto'o + Hleb on loan to get Ibra.

Eto'o was valued roughly at 20 million Euros at the time. (Which for a guy of his caliber is probably a steal, but anyway.)

So effectively they paid 66 million Euros to get this guy. Now they've loaned him out with an option to buy for 24 million.

In other words: give up Eto'o + 46 million. Receive 24 million.

Congratulations Barca. You lost Eto'o AND burned 42 million Euros. :14:

Amir
30th August 2010, 23:57
So let's break down this transfer:

Last summer Barcelona paid Inter 46 million Euros + Samuel Eto'o + Hleb on loan to get Ibra.

Eto'o was valued roughly at 20 million Euros at the time. (Which for a guy of his caliber is probably a steal, but anyway.)

So effectively they paid 66 million Euros to get this guy. Now they've loaned him out with an option to buy for 24 million.

Truth is that they didn't need Ibra. I think it was just an ego driven transfere and I doubt Pep even wanted it. It was just to sign their own Galatico

31st August 2010, 00:29
So let's break down this transfer:

Barca and Real are dumb and dumber with these crazy transfers.

Real have the resources for it I guess but Barca are in a bit of financial trouble.

Luckily for them there squad is young and almost complete .. all they have to do is add Cesc and they should be good to go for years.

Pakistani4ever
8th September 2010, 00:13
robinho and ibrahimovich in ac milan

Pakistani4ever
8th September 2010, 00:14
Barca and Real are dumb and dumber with these crazy transfers.

Real have the resources for it I guess but Barca are in a bit of financial trouble.

Luckily for them there squad is young and almost complete .. all they have to do is add Cesc and they should be good to go for years.

always inter milan done good affairs like this

Oxy
26th October 2010, 17:13
David James (Portsmouth) has moved to.....Bristol City - Free Transfer

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4O0rAgeINpHS2nFpssDJo5N9m_JKM-eJgyR10oyGLK_NpscE&t=1&usg=__LlcAvQGr-nxNbsxlcHcdMFsO0rg=

David James admits he was DRUNK when he signed for the 'carrot-crunchers'!

According to the Daily Star!!!

DAVID JAMES has dropped another clanger by admitting he was DRUNK when he agreed to join Bristol City.

The former England No.1 has endured a torrid time since quitting Portsmouth to move to Ashton Gate, conceding 23 goals in 13 Championship games. James even turned down a big-money offer from Celtic to sign for the Robins.

But now he has admitted he didn’t know if he was coming or going.....

“In between thinking about all that, there was my wedding to Amanda to organise. Somehow it all converged at a single point, the morning after “I received a phone call from an unknown number. I don’t usually answer those, but I was still drunk and so I picked it up.