PDA

View Full Version : Bayern V Inter Milan - Champions League Final - Sat 22nd May 2010

Geordie Ahmed
21st May 2010, 05:19
Champions League 2010 final: Inter Milan v Bayern Munich
Venue: Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid
Kick-off: Saturday, 1945 BST
Coverage: BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC World Service and ITV1

Oxy
21st May 2010, 05:21
I want to miss this - if I tune in, it means we are driving home from Wembley after losing the play off & not celebrating n some food place in London!

Amir
21st May 2010, 05:26
i think Bayern is going to edge it. All this focus on Jose, I think will help them. Robben will be the key. I'm predicting a 2-1 win vs Inter.

Geordie Ahmed
21st May 2010, 05:29
I think Inter will win 2-1 BUT it will be close - should be a decent match, Bayern will be the more attacking side whilst Inter will play on the counter attack

Oxy
21st May 2010, 05:29
Normally Mourinhou takes all the attentiona away from hs players & puts it on himself or the opposition manager etc.

But he is not an unknown quantity anymore - other teams, their fans, the media have sussed him.

I think Bayern to win either 1-0 / 2-0

Who cares though? This is the minor attraction of the day :)

Amjid Javed
21st May 2010, 13:23
I think this final will be as Exciting as the 2003 final between Juve and Ac milan :)

Theo_14
21st May 2010, 13:41
Ribery out is a major blow for Bayern..

Inter's got the best defence this year in the champions league imo, lucio has been having one of the best seasons in his career, and with maicon attacking he can produce anything.

However inter's defence will have to be wary of the threat of arjen robben, he has been in great goalscoring form, infact his dutch-team mate sneijder, can produce anything out of nothing.

Mourinho's tactics will be too strong, going for a inter win, milito to score the winner.

Amir
21st May 2010, 19:24
I think this final will be as Exciting as the 2003 final between Juve and Ac milan :)

:)) AJ that was mean :P But I disagree with you, Bayern have been attacking from the outset and see no change in their 4-4-2. Also, BM have had their luck, and how. One card and the game is altered.

Amir
22nd May 2010, 22:22
http://estaticos03.marca.com/marca/reportajes/imagenes/2009/04/30/1241105612_extras_ladillos_1_0.jpg

kingusama92
23rd May 2010, 00:15
Match about to start.

COME ON INTER!! :D

Amir
23rd May 2010, 01:04
Militio, what a player. Mourinho has brought in the right personnel. No ROnaldi, Messi or overpaid player needed. Milition and Sneijder been the key difference while Eto'o has always put in a good shift.

Could have been 2-0 but not to be. I can see Chivu getting sent off, hopefully Inter win this.

Afridi_Fan
23rd May 2010, 01:12
Jose should get Chivu off, because Robben will keep on tumbling and I can see another yellow for him.

Amir
23rd May 2010, 01:21
Jose should get Chivu off, because Robben will keep on tumbling and I can see another yellow for him.

I agree. Robben has put up a oscar like performance.

kingusama92
23rd May 2010, 01:44
Milito wins it - unless a miracle occurs.

2-0.

BRILLIANCE!

Amir
23rd May 2010, 01:44
goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllll yessssssssssssssssssssss

the right team is winning

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 01:59
Solid display from Inter yet again

5 mins left - cant see the scoreline changing now

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:00
Militio, what a player. Mourinho has brought in the right personnel. No ROnaldi, Messi or overpaid player needed. Milition and Sneijder been the key difference while Eto'o has always put in a good shift.

Could have been 2-0 but not to be. I can see Chivu getting sent off, hopefully Inter win this.

Aye cos Milito plays for free doesnt he?

Atif
23rd May 2010, 02:08
Thats it Inter win 2-0, deserved to win the final

Geordie Ahmed
FT 2-0

INTER win the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Geordie Ahmed
Mourinho with tears - the guy is human after all :)

Amir
23rd May 2010, 02:10
Aye cos Milito plays for free doesnt he?

Where did I say he was for free? While all transfer talk usually surrounds the big players and how they are to be the one in the CL, Mourinho didn't go out and flash the cash to make any stupid statements. He built a team smartly.

Look at the four players he acquired: Sneijder, Eto'o, Militio and Pandev. All playing a huge part in their CL success.

kingusama92
23rd May 2010, 02:12
Milito was brilliant today.

Great win for Inter and Mourinho.

Afridi_Fan
23rd May 2010, 02:12
The oscar winning Germans, got shot by the Special One. :yahoo

Amir
23rd May 2010, 02:14
Fantastic result. Inter beat Barca and Chelsea and are truly worthy winners. Bayern, well sorry the ref did not come through this night. Very unimaginative and had only one plan. Give it to Robben and hope he does something magical.

Bit of a boring final but is there anyone more worthy than Zanetti who has not lifted the CL? The man made his 700th appearance and truly deserves this. Cannot believe him nor Cambiasso are not on the plane to SA.

Eto'o wins 2 trebles back to back. :)) If Militio is not starting for Argentina (yes over minnow basher Higuain), then Maradonna really needs his head checked.

And a final note, I know they put the final on Saturday and I been an advocate for this before but I must say. Its quite weird for it to be on a Saturday, really felt like it was missing that CL feeling.

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:15
Where did I say he was for free? While all transfer talk usually surrounds the big players and how they are to be the one in the CL, Mourinho didn't go out and flash the cash to make any stupid statements. He built a team smartly.

Look at the four players he acquired: Sneijder, Eto'o, Militio and Pandev. All playing a huge part in their CL success.

It was your overpaid remark - it seems like you worded it wrong since overpaid refers to their wages

Juggernaut
23rd May 2010, 02:15
Who cares about Mourinho?

This is about Inter winning the European cup in 40 years. 40 years! That's saying something.

This is about Zanetti. The man deserves this for the fantastic service he's given Inter.

Amir
23rd May 2010, 02:16
It was your overpaid remark - it seems like you worded it wrong since overpaid refers to their wages

No overpaid is going out and spending obscene amounts of money. Or transferring your best striker to make a statement to your rival.

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:17
Jose once again shows that he is world class - there are doubters out there and probably will still be out there BUT the guy is just brilliant

Real Madrid will be scarily good if he takes charge as expected

Amir
23rd May 2010, 02:17
Jose once again shows that he is world class - there are doubters out there and probably will still be out there BUT the guy is just brilliant

Real Madrid will be scarily good if he takes charge as expected

Thats the plan. Hopefully he goes, wins his La Liga he wants and then settles into life in Salford. :P

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:18
Who cares about Mourinho?

This is about Inter winning the European cup in 40 years. 40 years! That's saying something.

This is about Zanetti. The man deserves this for the fantastic service he's given Inter.

A lot of people clearly

Jose deserves a lot of credit for this - its his management that won this for them, he sorted them out tactically and he nullified Barca which most people didnt expect him to do so

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:19
Thats the plan. Hopefully he goes, wins his La Liga he wants and then settles into life in Salford. :P

I cudnt think of anything worse :31: :31:

Amir
23rd May 2010, 02:27
I cudnt think of anything worse :31: :31:

I could. He could settle at gloomy Newcastle, but thankfully odds of that happening are very little. :D

Juggernaut
23rd May 2010, 02:28
A lot of people clearly

Jose deserves a lot of credit for this - its his management that won this for them, he sorted them out tactically and he nullified Barca which most people didnt expect him to do so

I think you missed the sarcasm in my quote GA. :))

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:30
I think you missed the sarcasm in my quote GA. :))

Ooops :22:

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:31
I could. He could settle at gloomy Newcastle, but thankfully odds of that happening are very little. :D

Hah, its at times like this we really know you are Canadian - Manchester is known as Rainy Manchester so that should tell you what you need to know about the gloominess :D

Juggernaut
23rd May 2010, 02:32
Hah, its at times like this we really know you are Canadian - Manchester is known as Rainy Manchester so that should tell you what you need to know about the gloominess :D

:))

True say.

Atleast the football's better than on Tyneside eh GA?

Amir
23rd May 2010, 02:33

I meant gloomy in many ways (as in sadness)...what is their to celebrate about in Newcastle? :P

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:34
:))

True say.

Atleast the football's better than on Tyneside eh GA?

Yeah just a bit like :)

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:34
I meant gloomy in many ways (as in sadness)...what is their to celebrate about in Newcastle? :P

You mean apart from a non-library type atmosphere?

Juggernaut
23rd May 2010, 02:37

Dude thier crazy up there that much I know

Amir
23rd May 2010, 02:38
Dude thier crazy up there that much I know

I was calling them boring (as a joke). How do you people miss that? lol

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:39
I was calling them boring (as a joke). How do you people miss that? lol

Our football team is crap BUT Geordie's are not boring :)

Juggernaut
23rd May 2010, 02:43
Our football team is crap BUT Geordie's are not boring :)

Ditto that

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 02:43
Anyway's lets not derail the thread about The Special One - we can take the **** out of newcastle united in many other threads :D

Amir
23rd May 2010, 02:44
Another interesting point to note: along their way to the top, Inter beat the Champions of England, Spain and Germany.

AZ
23rd May 2010, 02:56
pfft Milito, what a class player...Inter executed their gameplan perfecly, nobody let alone Bayern were going to beat 'em tonight.

Amir
23rd May 2010, 03:47
Jose going to Real it seems:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2010-05-22-862990020_x.htm

forzapakistan
23rd May 2010, 04:50
I'm glad Inter won (though of course I can't stand them in Serie A), this way Italy made it back to the 3rd spot ahead of Germany in the UEFA ranking and it will still be entitled to 4 spots in the Champions League in 2011-2012. However, if Italian clubs keep up with their usual disappointing performances in this tournament it will be hard to keep this place I'm afraid :(.

I'm also glad Mourinho looks set to do himself and us non-Inter fans a favour by going to Madrid. I am sick of his never-ending ******** and moaning about being the victim of an evil system and being ill-treated by Italy (by journalists maybe, but then who isn't a target for them?). It's weird for me to say this because I used to be a fan of his, despite his anti-Italian bias, at least he's a character, but this season he crossed the line. lf I were an Inter supporter I would definitely miss him, he's a winner and he managed to achieve the unthinkable - lead Inter to the Champions League title. I honestly thought it would be impossible for Inter to ever win it again. So credit and kudos to him, no doubt about that. But he can now pack his bags and take his whinging to his new destination.

AZ
23rd May 2010, 04:52
^ very well said, totally agree.

Geordie Ahmed
23rd May 2010, 08:44
Jose is class - will be kinda happy he is going to Real because I will get to hear more from him, would be great if he comes back to England - unless of course he joins Salford United

kingusama92
23rd May 2010, 12:02
Jose Mourinho is pure brilliance.

He can act like an idiot but I don't mind that as long as he backs it up with wins/trophies. There is no doubting his intelligence and tactical genius. He turned this Inter team into a world beater in no time. They defeated the likes of Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Chelsea.

He is the only one worthy of replacing Sir Alex Ferguson at United. :D

No doubting his nickname, "The Special One".

Plus, who can doubt someone who says, " I think the best place to work in football is England."

AZ
23rd May 2010, 14:06
Inter already had a very good team, always been that way, but him being there got the club over their mental block in Europe...can't help but respect the guy.

AZ
23rd May 2010, 22:51
Ladies and Gents, I present to you...Jose Mourinho, Ze Speshall Wan!!!:

http://i50.tinypic.com/zmo57a.jpg

Amir
28th June 2010, 01:07
hasan, good to see you back. Been a long time, you must have been busy during this time. Would like to hear your thoughts on it (honestly).

Geordie Ahmed
28th June 2010, 01:24
hasan, good to see you back. Been a long time, you must have been busy during this time. Would like to hear your thoughts on it (honestly).

What a sore loser

This defeat seems to have hurt you - imagine if you was english, you would be suicidal

Amir
28th June 2010, 01:28
What a sore loser?

This defeat seems to have hurt you - imagine if you was english, you would be suicidal

No, not really. You have this really false idea in your head that I live and die for England. I wanted them to win but said on numerous occasions I just want to see good football. I think if you read my posts, you will see I am a big fan of this German team.

I just remember, hasan didn't get a chance to post after this match. I am want to hear a Bayern's fan point of view on the game. As you like to think, I seem to have friends of all teams but not of Bayerns.

Geordie Ahmed
28th June 2010, 02:47
No, not really. You have this really false idea in your head that I live and die for England. I wanted them to win but said on numerous occasions I just want to see good football. I think if you read my posts, you will see I am a big fan of this German team.

I just remember, hasan didn't get a chance to post after this match. I am want to hear a Bayern's fan point of view on the game. As you like to think, I seem to have friends of all teams but not of Bayerns.

Oh c'mon

The World Cup is taking place right now, nobody cares about the CL final which happened donkeys ago

It just comes across like a sore loser, you bumping this after your adopted side got a phainty

Amir
28th June 2010, 02:48
Oh c'mon

The World Cup is taking place right now, nobody cares about the CL final which happened donkeys ago

It just comes across like a sore loser, you bumping this after your adopted side got a phainty

No. Just that I remember he didn't get a chance and now he is here. If I miss him this time, I may never catch him again!