PDA

View Full Version : PIA Luggage Allowance?

Nazir_ Rules
7th June 2010, 03:09
I have a question regarding the amount of weight per baggage allowed, and is this per person or as a family.

I am going to Pakistan inshallah in the summer (June 29) to Lahore on PIA, and wanted to know the limit to it.

If anyone knows, it would be great help for me, Thanks. :)

Inswinger
7th June 2010, 03:17
Effective 1st December 2008 (For USA and Canada only), the free baggage allowance will be two pieces of 28 KGS each for business and economy cabin. (Note: This facility is not applicable on other airline sector. On other carrier free baggage allowance is two pieces of 23 KGS each or maximum allowed by that specific carriers for interline traffic)

http://www.piac.com.pk/pia_experience/pia-experience_trevinfo.asp

iHammad
7th June 2010, 03:18
Yep, 28 KG is correct. I am going to Karachi for summer vacations on Sunday as well :)

Nazir_ Rules
7th June 2010, 03:19
So is it 2 bags of 28 kg per person?

Inswinger
7th June 2010, 03:20
So is it 2 bags of 28 kg per person?
Yes. 2 bags per ticket. It might be different for children.

Nazir_ Rules
7th June 2010, 03:21
Yes. 2 bags per ticket. It might be different for children.

Ah, Alright Brother, Thanks.

Inswinger
7th June 2010, 03:21
Only 01 piece of hand carry allowed of weighing 7kgs.

kkmix
7th June 2010, 04:03
two 28 kgs baggage
one 7 kgs hand carry

im leaving on june 25th too, with pee kay aiye.

Nazir_ Rules
7th June 2010, 04:05
two 28 kgs baggage
one 7 kgs hand carry

im leaving on june 25th too, with pee kay aiye.

lol, have fun mate, enjoy yourself.

lil saeed anwar
7th June 2010, 05:39
Its 2 bags of 28 Kgs per person and 1 hand carry of 7Kgs.
I actually took 2 bags of around 29-30 Kgs and also slipped in an extra hand carry . PIA dont give a crap really

Looney
7th June 2010, 09:31
@lilsaeedanwar; seems like you got lucky. ask those who have had to pay for it

d0gers
7th June 2010, 15:55
You're allowed one piece of hand carry, which goes in the overhead compartments, and a backpack or small bag that can fit under the seat.

lil saeed anwar
8th June 2010, 03:17

I took the same amount twice. In 2006 and 2008. I cant be that lucky can I ;-) ?

abdulqadir786
8th June 2010, 03:50
hey guys me to me to, I am going to pakistan on july 12 through emirates!!!!

Oxy
8th June 2010, 12:30
If you travel from UK, with PIA, you can take 40kg & 7 kg hand allowance (although no doubt we will still try to take 45k & 10 kg hand!)

With Airblue, you can take 32kg, but it has to be in 1 suitcase only!!!! 8kg hand allowance

The Mid East carriers allowance is usually in the 22ish kg region

srh
9th June 2010, 19:48
Yep, 28 KG is correct. I am going to Karachi for summer vacations on Sunday as well :)
Going to Pakistan in summer is not a good idea.

Nazir_ Rules
9th June 2010, 21:40
Going to Pakistan in summer is not a good idea.

yaar, its the summer time when we have holidays otherwise in bigger grades how else would we manage to go in the winter. But yes if it hadnt been for the school reason, i would agree.

Cover Drive
10th June 2010, 02:56
InshALLAH I might also go on 29th as well. But am pretty certain that not on PIA. I had travelled on PIA for my whole life but since last 8-9 years I haven't been on PIA even once:D

Cover Drive
10th June 2010, 03:00
It really depends on the person. If they are good then they reallly don't care about 1-2 KG but some are really picky so they don't let you take it.

As far hand luggage goes i think it depends on the size and weight of the carry on.

Khabri420
10th June 2010, 03:04
CD yaar you must be getting free tickets, no? :inzi

Cover Drive
10th June 2010, 03:07
CD yaar you must be getting free tickets, no? :inzi
Nope! I think he was 2-3 years short of that milestone.

Usman
12th December 2010, 00:52
Can I just ask, the baggage allowance is 40kg for PIA from the UK, but does this have to be spread over two suitcases, because I have seen other airlines impose a maximum weight per suitcase? Thanks in advance!

Cover Drive
12th December 2010, 00:57
Can I just ask, the baggage allowance is 40kg for PIA from the UK, but does this have to be spread over two suitcases, because I have seen other airlines impose a maximum weight per suitcase? Thanks in advance!

I think it is 40 kg for one or 40 kg for two. Depends on the individual.

Shaddy
12th December 2010, 01:00
As long as I'm aware the maximum weight per bag is 30KG and this applies for every airline. so Don't even take anything marginally above it, they'll make you reduce.

Faisalabadimunda
12th December 2010, 01:01

Yes it has to be in 2 suitcases.

Cover Drive
12th December 2010, 01:02
As long as I'm aware the maximum weight per bag is 30KG and this applies for every airline. so Don't even take anything marginally above it, they'll make you reduce.

Not every but some.

Usman
12th December 2010, 01:03
Thanks for the replies! I think I will limit one to 30kg then. I actually searched google for information about baggage allowance on pia and this thread is one of the top results. The lack of information from PIA itself explains why this thread has so many views!

Cryptoanalyst
12th December 2010, 01:12
I am leaving from New York to Lahore in a few days and this is what I received from my travel agent in confirmation email .

TWO PIECES OF BAGGAGE ARE ALLOWED 50LBS PER PIECE

<< Rashid >>
12th December 2010, 20:07
My very recent experience with PIA (Manchester -> Islamabad):

1- Phoned PIA to query luggage allowance prior to trip. Allowance was quoted as 40kg luggage and 7kg hand allowance. Per item max weight was quoted as 32kg.

2- At Manchester: luggage checked in was weighed individually and was just less than 40k - allowed. Hand luggage wasn't weighed at all as far as I can remember, it was the size of the bag that was checked.

3 - At Islamabad: the total weight of all checked in luggage was determined, items were not checked individually. Hand luggage was neither weighed nor checked for compliance with size restrictions.

In summary: it's PAKISTAN International Airlines, so don't worry too much about following their requirements to the letter. Just enjoy your trip (and be prepared to get depressed when your back).

Newton_fan
12th December 2010, 21:33
30 Kg Max

pakistani_banda
14th December 2010, 15:26
My very recent experience with PIA (Manchester -> Islamabad):

1- Phoned PIA to query luggage allowance prior to trip. Allowance was quoted as 40kg luggage and 7kg hand allowance. Per item max weight was quoted as 32kg.

2- At Manchester: luggage checked in was weighed individually and was just less than 40k - allowed. Hand luggage wasn't weighed at all as far as I can remember, it was the size of the bag that was checked.

3 - At Islamabad: the total weight of all checked in luggage was determined, items were not checked individually. Hand luggage was neither weighed nor checked for compliance with size restrictions.

In summary: it's PAKISTAN International Airlines, so don't worry too much about following their requirements to the letter. Just enjoy your trip (and be prepared to get depressed when your back).

that i can assure will happen. you miss all the things that you did. when i was in malaysia and had come back from pakistan back to malaysia i used to listen to sw radio every day hoping to catch a pakistani station (i used to listen to pakistani radio in karachi) and i did find pakistani stations to my surprise but not the ones which i was hoping. it was extremely home sick (though i used to live in malaysia but missed pakistan alot).

<< Rashid >>
14th December 2010, 17:50
that i can assure will happen. you miss all the things that you did. when i was in malaysia and had come back from pakistan back to malaysia i used to listen to sw radio every day hoping to catch a pakistani station (i used to listen to pakistani radio in karachi) and i did find pakistani stations to my surprise but not the ones which i was hoping. it was extremely home sick (though i used to live in malaysia but missed pakistan alot).

lol I'm doing similar things exactly right now. I wasn't born in Pakistan, I haven't lived in Pakistan, but whenever I go there (and my trips are 2 months+) I feel like I belong there. Anything that tastes, smells, looks or sounds like Pakistan just brings on the waterworks :6:.