PDA

View Full Version : Books for Urdu reading and writing

Zinnia
11th June 2010, 17:06
Can anyone suggest some good books for me to improve my urdu reading and writing??
I can speak urdu very fluently, and i can read a bit but it needs a lot of practise. So is there any books or even courses in london anyone can suggest for me??

Momo
11th June 2010, 21:20
If you can't read Urdu fluently, ask somebody to send you Urdu textbooks used in Pakistani schools for classes third, fourth, fifth ("Urdu ki teesri kitaab" etc) on... (depending on your present ability.)

Once you are able to read fluently, a number of good books (of a higher level) can be recommended to you.

TAK
11th June 2010, 21:58
pattee is good place to start

dhump
18th June 2010, 14:46
and once you can read then dont forget to read "Urdu Ki Akhri Kitab"

Looney
28th June 2010, 13:13
It depends on how much you can read already . try reading urdu newspapers first , read one article at a time and make sure you understand what you are reading . if you have trouble understanding or reading , ask around . then you can move on to reading short stories in Urdu written by famous Urdu writers .

ShehryarK
28th June 2010, 13:20
and once you can read then dont forget to read "Urdu Ki Akhri Kitab"
Excellent advice!

Ibn-e-Insha's masterpiece, a wonderful mix of subtle wit, humour and deep, biting satire should be a must read in all primary (or maybe secondary) schools :)

dhump
1st July 2010, 19:41
Excellent advice!

Ibn-e-Insha's masterpiece, a wonderful mix of subtle wit, humour and deep, biting satire should be a must read in all primary (or maybe secondary) schools :)

May be in Universities would be better.

Great man Ibn-e-Insha my most favorite writer.

ahsan88
15th June 2011, 13:45
Today is Ibn-e-Insha's birthday, great writer.