Instagram

Pakistan vs Australia 2014 (UAE)

Sohail Speaks Ponty''s Blog Fountain's Pen

User Tag List

Thread: Umar Akmal/Jonathan Trott 'banter'?

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umar Akmal/Jonathan Trott 'banter'?

I only saw part of this little exchange but the commentators made it sound like it was going on all day. Did anyone hear what was said between the two or were the sky team just making much ado about nothing? All I heard were a lot of f's used by Trott which was then followed by a "you gonna get dropped" to Umar Akmal.

On the issue, I don't mind it because it can get under some players skin. Credit to Trott for fighting through it but why is it always such rubbish players who resort to such tactics lol? First it was Faisal Iqbal sledging Trescothick (06) and now Umar having a go at Trott. I'd suggest he works on getting his test average out of the 30s before going for these 'traditions'....

:umarakmal

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    prior went mad after he got out too

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledger View Post
    I only saw part of this little exchange but the commentators made it sound like it was going on all day. Did anyone hear what was said between the two or were the sky team just making much ado about nothing? All I heard were a lot of f's used by Trott which was then followed by a "you gonna get dropped" to Umar Akmal.

On the issue, I don't mind it because it can get under some players skin. Credit to Trott for fighting through it but why is it always such rubbish players who resort to such tactics lol? First it was Faisal Iqbal sledging Trescothick (06) and now Umar having a go at Trott. I'd suggest he works on getting his test average out of the 30s before going for these 'traditions'....

absolutley. The more you watch Umer Akmal the more he reminds me of Vinod Kambli all style no substance.have a feeling him and Aamer will be Sachin and Kambli of this decade.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    absolutley. The more you watch Umer Akmal the more he reminds me of Vinod Kambli all style no substance.have a feeling him and Aamer will be Sachin and Kambli of this decade.
    i'd take that :aamir

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i saw Akmal saying 'big head'. It went a bit ott in my opinion. Akmal signalled something to the bowler during the banter. JT is sooo funny, he takes ages to get ready, that in itself is like sledging!

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    it was going on all day, Umar Akmal simply would not shut up...Trott seems to be the unflappable type, and Akmal Jr. just kept yapping at him all day.

Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously asking Trott about any decent restaurants in the area.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Watford, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I agree Umar should just keep his mouth shut. He has not scored even 1 half century in any of the Test matches this summer, while he dropped a sitter yesterday.
    Do the talking with bat and ball.

Trott is a tough cookie anyway so it probably had opposite effect.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm on Umar's side on this one. Umar was sledged by Prior and co in the last test, in both innings. Prior was a disgrace, sledging him when the bowler was running in. Umar to his credit, kept his head and hit the winning runs.

The guy is only 19 and obviously took it to heart which is expected.

At least Umar was sledging the opposition unlike his older brother who constantly has a go at his own team mates.

Nothing to worry about really, it's a good learning process for him.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan should not sledge, we just don't know how to and only make matters worse for ourselves. Gambhir, Harbahjan and now Trott all fracked us after our attempts at sledging

Edit: And no it was not Umar Akmal's idea to sledge it was a team plan, Wahab was sledging Trott before Akmal.
    Last edited by Extreme Pace; 27th August 2010 at 22:14.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    San Francisco, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm, didn't realize trott speaks punjagi.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    come on...akmal was blatantly just asking how he was and all that craic

and how big he thinks of him

to which jt responded with much enthusiasm

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme Pace View Post

Edit: And no it was not Umar Akmal's idea to sledge it was a team plan, Wahab was sledging Trott before Akmal.
    Wahab was sledging in the first test. I don't think it was a team plan, Yousuf was relaxed.

You have to pick the right players to sledge, those who lose their rag and Trott is not one of those.

Debut
    Jul 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar was sledging all day but unfortunately for him Trott scored a big hundred and Umar kept fumbling in the field. Nasar Hussein actually repeated Trotts reply to Umars sledge. " you should just concentrate on your catching" lol

it's going to be intresting when Umar comes to bat. I can't wait and I hope he scores big otherwise he going to look like a fool.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest to umar akmal. focus on fielding only. He is not that sort of a character to start bantar.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Banter ki bhi hadh hoti hai...the dude's batting on 100+ and you're still talking garbage!

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay'yab-Ali Malik View Post
    Umar was sledging all day but unfortunately for him Trott scored a big hundred and Umar kept fumbling in the field. Nasar Hussein actually repeated Trotts reply to Umars sledge. " you should just concentrate on your catching" lol

it's going to be intresting when Umar comes to bat. I can't wait and I hope he scores big otherwise he going to look like a fool.
    i think that sledging spured this england revival. Made them more focused as they saw how pak fielders were getting frustrated. Dont do sledging, if you want then learn the art from sangakara or miandad first. Still you have to be that sort of a character. If umpire is coming in the way than its not sledging its abuse from atleast one party.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Venue
    Connecticut USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trott is South African, he should'nt be even playing for England.

Debut
    Jul 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Desire View Post
    i think that sledging spured this england revival. Made them more focused as they saw how pak fielders were getting frustrated. Dont do sledging, if you want then learn the art from sangakara or miandad first. Still you have to be that sort of a character. If umpire is coming in the way than its not sledging its abuse from atleast one party.
    I don't have any problems with sledging it's part of cricket. From what I could see on Tv it was Trott who was swearing which the umpire got involved. Really can't wait for Umar to bat it's going to be facinating to see Trott & Prior. I believe Umar wil deal with it. He was sledged by Watsonand Siddle and in reply he took Siddle to the cleaners. He was sledged through out the oval run chase but he kept his cool.

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure where in the cricketing handbook it is written that you have to average over 50 to have the right to sledge players.

Good on the kid. They give it to him but go crazy when they get it back.

The England players have sledged like the Saffers they are in this series and I for one am pleased to see Umer Akmal & ZQ reacting in this way.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSami View Post
    Not sure where in the cricketing handbook it is written that you have to average over 50 to have the right to sledge players.
    This wasn't the point. I'd rather have a player who can back up his words and walk the walk and who is respected for his abilites by the opposition. So far, Akmal has misfielded, dropped a few catches and hardly set the world alight with his bat on this tour to England. I'd want him to work on his own performances and keep his eye on the ball (literally). I'd find it a bit embarassing if I'm trying to get under the skin of an opponent and there reply is a rather harsh and not too unreasonable "you're gonna get dropped".

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything looks good in limits. Anyways its a personal choice. I would like to see bat or ball doing the talking.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sleding doesn't mean you nag the opposing player like an idiot..say something smart or clever, and at the right time.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    The Den...
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wasnt sledging just asking how to play cricket.

"Though Afridi couldn't win the world cup, for 30 days he turned his country into a nation"

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This wasn't the point. I'd rather have a player who can back up his words and walk the walk and who is respected for his abilites by the opposition. So far, Akmal has misfielded, dropped a few catches and hardly set the world alight with his bat on this tour to England. I'd want him to work on his own performances and keep his eye on the ball (literally). I'd find it a bit embarassing if I'm trying to get under the skin of an opponent and there reply is a rather harsh and not too unreasonable "you're gonna get dropped".

You make good points and I agree with all that you have written.

Maybe our overall difference in opinion on whether Akmal should sledge comes from how secure we think Akmal's place is in the team - I think he should be a permanent fixture for a long time to come and I have a feeling he knows this which is why he won't be affected by "dropped" sledges.

I actually quite like his reckleckness, especially as a batsman. Remember, he has scored decent amount of runs and has only struggled in England where the rest of the batsment on both sides have too. We need some swagger in the field I reckon. England players have been too vocal during this tour and need it given back.
    Last edited by SOSami; 27th August 2010 at 23:03.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Portsmouth UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate umar akmal made him self look like a fool 2day.
    1) umar cnt field, the simplest of pick up's he mess's up. every time he mis fielded JT gave him a long look.

2) akmal cnt speak English to save his life. didn't this guy asked afridi of all people to translate a post match ceremony for him.

3) saying JT has a big head dosnt help, becuase akmal brothers arnt exactly god gift!

4) the guy has averaged 40+ this series. JT turned around n said "mate you are gona get a life ban after this series, so I wouldn't really say anything"

whoever's bright idea was to ask akmal to sledge 2day, you are a fool !
    Last edited by sully3; 27th August 2010 at 23:12.

Everybody dies but not everybody lives

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    MCG - Mera Chota Ghar, SE England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sledging isn't the same as effing and blinding. Heard on the radio that Umar Akmal cannot speak any English, so it is likely to have been a few choice words of the 4 letter variety rather than some clever put downs.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar is an idiot...he needs to shut up and score some runs, take some catches be4 he talk crap..

just like Naseer hussain said, its ok for Asif to talk crap but for guy like Umar, he needs to shut up and score some runs , take those catches and maybe than he can talk..

paindoo paindoo hi rahay ge..

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bangladeshis got to trott alot more then pakistan have managed to.

''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason why Trott is a good guy to sledge is because he obviously has certain OCD issues that result in his long winded pre-ball routine.

The theory behind prolonged sledging of Trott is to take him out of his comfort zone by not giving him his routine and to throw him off his game.

We (Pak fans) dun him at the Oval test - he had batted so slowly we kept shouting at him to hurry up. Every dot ball was booed and Trott kept looking over at our stand. One over later he uncharateristically had a drive at a wide Aamer delivery and the collapse started. Even the England fans around us acknowledged what had happened and they were laughing. True story.

Trott had a good day today but Pak were right to try and get under his skin after he looked settled. Didn't work today for Umer Akmal but you gotta try something.

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tip to Umer Akmal: Constantly refer to Trott as 'Kallis' and Prior as 'Boucher'

He also needs to learn the terms "mercenary" and "traitor".

4 words to shut them up. Given the stump mikes are on, those two will hate it.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trott to Akml :youre gonna get dropped

Akmal :but atleast i will get dropped from my national side.

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You don't need to have any average or need to have scored x amount of runs to sledge. If someone sledges you then you would want to sledge back. Umar is young, don't forget he is only 19, give him a break. The umpires actually warned Trott and it takes two to tango.

At least he wasn't sledging Trott when the bowler was running in, which is the treatment he recieved.

If could speak better English, then maybe his sledges would have been more effective, like..

Trott " You will get dropped"

Umar " At least I got selected by my own country"

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgraceful that you as Pakistani fans are siding with the Englishman. Sledging is part of the game's fun and you guys are not supporting akmal. Shame

You guys should support akmal jr to score a century instead of barraging him

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I thought it was amusing.

A decent bit of banter is always nice. Sure, Umar Akmal is probably rubbish at it. However, at least it showed some fire in the belly of one of our fielders. We have enough timid characters in the side to fulfill whatever quota there is.

Trott really let him have it, though. A real flurry of expletives were thrown Umar Akmal's way. I hope Umar Akmal smashes a century in reply - would be a fitting way to get back at Trott and England.
    Last edited by kingusama92; 28th August 2010 at 01:58.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good. Umar was treated the same way. If he keeps practicing, he will get good at it one day. Keep it up, boy!

Two men look out the same prison bars
    One sees mud and the other stars

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    akmal was just asking for batting tips, relax

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good on Umar - nowt wrong with a bit of sledging as long as it doesnt descend into vulgarity

The only problem is Umar isnt in the best of form and he will blatantly get some stick back - hopefully he thrives on it and dishes out a phainty

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna see an indian match, then Akmal will be a hit, he knows the language!!!

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    The Den...
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    I thought it was amusing.

A decent bit of banter is always nice. Sure, Umar Akmal is probably rubbish at it. However, at least it showed some fire in the belly of one of our fielders. We have enough timid characters in the side to fulfill whatever quota there is.

Trott really let him have it, though. A real flurry of expletives were thrown Umar Akmal's way. I hope Umar Akmal smashes a century in reply - would be a fitting way to get back at Trott and England.

Fire in the belly But butter in his hands...

"Though Afridi couldn't win the world cup, for 30 days he turned his country into a nation"

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Bay area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny a mid 30 avg batsman going after a 50+ avg batsman.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Bay area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Zulfiqar View Post
    it was going on all day, Umar Akmal simply would not shut up...Trott seems to be the unflappable type, and Akmal Jr. just kept yapping at him all day.
    Seems Akmal bros can't keep their mouth shot for any length of time.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli786 View Post
    Fire in the belly But butter in his hands...
    Not sure why, but your comment reminded me of this.

Debut
    Nov 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal can speak in English?

really?

What did the Nihari say to the Naan?Oye! Na Aaana Paas!! Main Nihari Hoon!!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    2) akmal cnt speak English to save his life. didn't this guy asked afridi of all people to translate a post match ceremony for him.

LOL.

Thats what I was wondering? Maybe he wasn't sledging, he went straight on to swearing, now you don't need to know great deal of English to do that.

Anyway, by the time I started paying attention, Trott was standing there smirking while Akmal jr was yapping in the air.

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UmraBad 102 SL colombo street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont know why some ppl here r defending trott calling him a good guy ...remember last match he and prior were sledging him after every bowl ..well done umar ..inshallah UA will make a century today ..guys just pray he plays the only way he knows "attack"

pak sar zameen zindabad

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is Trott get the 5 runs becoz of over throwing by Jnr Akmal when reaches 100...i.e., 104* runs @ that point ...n Jnr Akmal was complaining something to Umpire that it was flipped from bat or else....??

People fight for Religion
    People die for Religion
    But
    People do not follow the Religion

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no problem with akmal trying to sledge and get under the skin of Trottie

the problem i had was with akmal's ground feilding - absolutely abysmal

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason why Trott is a good guy to sledge is because he obviously has certain OCD issues that result in his long winded pre-ball routine.
    Even his team mates take the micky out of that.

"Sent Trotters out to the middle to mark his guard about an hour ago. I can't see his legs anymore." @SirStraussy

"Not the best day of Test cricket. Jonny Trott is taking 3 hours to eat dinner - he keeps stopping to readjust his cutlery and tend the table " @stueybroad.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one think its a good thing

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    video plz cuz i hv no idea what happened

PPCL '13
    Right Arm FAST bowler of the Dhamakedar Dynamites

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with the posters saying umar deserved to give it to them after the treatment he got in the last game. but, dear god, does he need to go to sledging school? what's the point of saying trott has a big head! trott was almost laughing! also, i think the sledging seemed to be unsettling umar more than it was trott.

i think the bowlers can be aggressive sledgers but for the non-bowling fielders, but maybe it makes more sense to hurt with their words, not their body language. but i guess the language barrier makes that hard.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MC View Post
    Even his team mates take the micky out of that.

"Sent Trotters out to the middle to mark his guard about an hour ago. I can't see his legs anymore." @SirStraussy

"Not the best day of Test cricket. Jonny Trott is taking 3 hours to eat dinner - he keeps stopping to readjust his cutlery and tend the table " @stueybroad.

I thought they weren't allowed to use twitter, though?

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    Leicester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not a bad idea....maybe refer to him as a poor mans Kallis.... that would really get at them

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umar Akmal don't dish out if you can't deliver with your own performance. He's had an awful English summer and if I was the selectors, I would give him one last chance in the UAE test series and if still crap drop him.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha genius! thats the type of banter that can be done.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wahab was sledging in the first test. I don't think it was a team plan, Yousuf was relaxed.
    Bahi i am talking about this match. Akmal was off the field for the first few overs and Wahab was fielding at point after every ball he would walk over and say something to trott. The commentators picked up on this too, after a while umar took over from wahab. Team plan it was

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post

I thought they weren't allowed to use twitter, though?
    they're allowed still, but these accounts are fake. swann, anderson, finn and kp are the ones from this team who have accounts.

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akmal could also refer to Strauss as 'Kofi Annan' (Ban ki Moon may go over the player's heads) as he is leader of the United Nations team known as England.

He could also call Strauss Nelson (as in Mandela) because he is a South African leader of a South African team.

Only if Strauss gets involved though, coz he seems like quite a nice guy unlikely to be dun in that way.

I'd probably save it for the One-Dayers now though haha
    Last edited by SOSami; 28th August 2010 at 11:47.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Akmal could also refer to Strauss as 'Kofi Annan' (Ban ki Moon may go over the player's heads) as he is leader of the United Nations team known as England.

He could also call Strauss Nelson (as in Mandela) because he is a South African leader of a South African team.

Only if Strauss gets involved though, coz he seems like quite a nice guy unlikely to be dun in that way.

I'd probably save it for the One-Dayers now though haha
    I don't see Akmal thinking that much. Or anyone else in the team, really.

Zoni is good, but his sledging is more non-verbal. Asif, of course, but don't think he gets personal, just makes fun of the bad shots.

Maybe Imran Farhat should be the designated sledger. Koi toh kaam karay.

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sanakazmi View Post
    I don't see Akmal thinking that much. Or anyone else in the team, really.

Zoni is good, but his sledging is more non-verbal. Asif, of course, but don't think he gets personal, just makes fun of the bad shots.

Maybe Imran Farhat should be the designated sledger. Koi toh kaam karay.
    Haha. I think its getting to that phase in his career where we all think he must be good at something right?

Hope he hits a 100 on this pitch today...

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    My Room
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you guys complaining? I'm glad he's giving it back to Trott and the English, who haven't been shy to have a word all series. It's such a flat track under the sun that you just have to play games with the batsman - bowling a steady line and length outside off stump won't work with someone as firmly entrenched at the crease as Trott. Get into his head, get under his skin - maybe make him do something he wouldn't normally do.

I love it. I wish more of our players were like that. And those taking shots at Umar's ability will be in for a rude surprise this Test match, one feels.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    Leicester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless Prior was talking while the bowler was running in.... I wasn't too pleased to see Butt complaing at every opportunity to the umpire..... He should have followed Trotts example.... or maybe Watson (who i dislike) and Ponting..... Who dished it back by way of runs
    Last edited by Safar55; 28th August 2010 at 18:28.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Butt was moaning about the sledging as the commentators were suggesting then LOL. He didn't stop his players laying into England and they came back and scored big. Can dish it out but can't take it back?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to lords today, watched them very closely warming up at the nursery ground and guess who was giggling and chuckling away yes it was Umar Akmal. The Pakistan players don't even take their warm ups seriously as the England boys do. England start warming up by 9am whereas pakistan begin for 10am.. Speaks for itself really

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's one way to improve your english.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaVeRiCk View Post
    I went to lords today, watched them very closely warming up at the nursery ground and guess who was giggling and chuckling away yes it was Umar Akmal. The Pakistan players don't even take their warm ups seriously as the England boys do. England start warming up by 9am whereas pakistan begin for 10am.. Speaks for itself really
    Interesting observation.

“The more I practice, the luckier I get.”.......Gary Player (golfer)

Anyone involved in sport would do well to remember this.
    Last edited by Gabbar Singh; 28th August 2010 at 18:53.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaVeRiCk View Post
    I have heard that he is a bit immature and acts very childish too.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    4) the guy has averaged 40+ this series. JT turned around n said "mate you are gona get a life ban after this series, so I wouldn't really say anything"

How right you think he will be?