Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakistan is not welcome any more / no more Neutral Series [Merged]

Thank you Mr. Butt. I am surprised after all the messup ( IPL controversy, AUs Controversy, Banning and Unbanning of players, NOTW issue) he has not been fired yet.

http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pa...ry/477990.html

David Collier, the chief executive of the ECB, has said that Pakistan are unlikely to be welcomed back to England for any series outside the Future Tours Programme, after relationships between the two boards dipped to a new low following the allegations from the PCB chairman, Ijaz Butt, that England's players accepted a bribe to lose the third ODI at The Oval on Friday.

Earlier this summer, Pakistan played a series of two Tests and two Twenty20s against Australia in England, having been prevented from hosting their own home internationals due to security concerns following last year's shootings in Lahore. There had been tentative plans for further such matches to take place in 2011, but Collier admitted that this was now effectively off the agenda.

"We have been through difficult times before with Pakistan, as we all remember," said Collier. "They'll certainly be part of the Future Tours Programme in the future, [although] it's not for a few years that Pakistan are due to tour the UK. We are working with them on a number of [neutral] games, but we have to give it time. Time is a great healer, but now and probably next year is not the right time to consider that."

Speaking to Sky Sports during the interval of the fourth ODI at Lord's, Collier explained how a meeting involving the ECB and the England team management, that got underway at 9pm on Sunday night, ended up being extended into the early hours of Monday morning. A strongly worded joint statement was eventually released an hour before the start of the game today, in which the ECB promised to support any moves from the players towards legal action.

"The players were obviously incensed by the allegation, and quite rightly so," said Collier. "The ICC have made it very, very clear that there were no England players were under any suspicion, therefore we have made the statements we've made today.

"There were some very difficult decisions for everybody to have to make, including the players, and I pay extreme credit to the players for the way they have conducted themselves throughout the whole series, not just for the past 24-48 hours. There was true leadership last night, and a lot of soul-searching, and I think the players, and the PCA, who have worked very closely with us, deserve a lot of credit."

When asked how close the series had come to a cancellation, Collier admitted that "all options" had been examined, although the decision to play on had hinged on two key points. "One is the precedent," he said. "If a comment is made, do we cancel a tour in the future, and that was a concern to the board. The second concern was that we didn't learn until the middle of the afternoon yesterday, and a lot of people would have travelled for this game already. We owe it to the general public to put on a show."

"It has been an extraordinary two to three weeks, and a very sad two to three weeks," he added. "A lot of people have been under an awful lot of pressure, no-one more so than the chairman of the Pakistan board, who has been very much at the forefront of all of the response from the [PCB]. He's done a lot of travelling during that period, so that is the sympathy that we have.

"This is different to anything I've experienced in cricket because has been over a prolonged period of time, not just one or two days, but the bigger concern is for the game as a whole," said Collier. "The most important thing is that integrity is at the heart of the sport. If there is a cancer in the game, we have to get rid of it and it doesn't matter where in the world it is and which team is involved. At the chief executives meeting last weekend, we made it very clear that there had to be zero tolerance, and we had to get it cut out of the game, if it is there."
    Last edited by AZ; 21st September 2010 at 02:47.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corruption is imprinted into the Pakistani DNA. Every aspect of this nation is defined by lies, falsehood and a total disregard for what is good and truthful.

Pakistan is the cancer which will distory all that is good within itself and externally.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Birmingham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan cricket team is welcome to us not to them. We need to stand with them. Could anybody tell me today what happened between Wahab Riaz and South African player today before the match!!!

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan View Post
    Corruption is imprinted into the Pakistani DNA. Every aspect of this nation is defined by lies, falsehood and a total disregard for what is good and truthful.

Pakistan is the cancer which will distory all that is good within itself and externally.
    Aah that means you must be a corrupt soul too, a cancer that will destory all that is good within itself and externally (all the people you know)

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a fan of great fast bowling it was awesome to watch Pakistan this summer in seam and swing friendly conditions.

But because of one Buffoon Butt's comments its gonna be back to boring series in Lanka or UAE .. if we can even manage that much !

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No neutral series for Pakistan - Collier

David Collier, the chief executive of the ECB, has said that Pakistan are unlikely to be welcomed back to England for any series outside the Future Tours Programme, after relationships between the two boards dipped to a new low following the allegations from the PCB chairman, Ijaz Butt, that England's players accepted a bribe to lose the third ODI at The Oval on Friday.

Earlier this summer, Pakistan played a series of two Tests and two Twenty20s against Australia in England, having been prevented from hosting their own home internationals due to security concerns following last year's shootings in Lahore. There had been tentative plans for further such matches to take place in 2011, but Collier admitted that this was now effectively off the agenda.

"We have been through difficult times before with Pakistan, as we all remember," said Collier. "They'll certainly be part of the Future Tours Programme in the future, [although] it's not for a few years that Pakistan are due to tour the UK. We are working with them on a number of [neutral] games, but we have to give it time. Time is a great healer, but now and probably next year is not the right time to consider that."

Speaking to Sky Sports during the interval of the fourth ODI at Lord's, Collier explained how a meeting involving the ECB and the England team management, that got underway at 9pm on Sunday night, ended up being extended into the early hours of Monday morning. A strongly worded joint statement was eventually released an hour before the start of the game today, in which the ECB promised to support any moves from the players towards legal action.

"The players were obviously incensed by the allegation, and quite rightly so," said Collier. "The ICC have made it very, very clear that there were no England players were under any suspicion, therefore we have made the statements we've made today.

"There were some very difficult decisions for everybody to have to make, including the players, and I pay extreme credit to the players for the way they have conducted themselves throughout the whole series, not just for the past 24-48 hours. There was true leadership last night, and a lot of soul-searching, and I think the players, and the PCA, who have worked very closely with us, deserve a lot of credit."

When asked how close the series had come to a cancellation, Collier admitted that "all options" had been examined, although the decision to play on had hinged on two key points. "One is the precedent," he said. "If a comment is made, do we cancel a tour in the future, and that was a concern to the board. The second concern was that we didn't learn until the middle of the afternoon yesterday, and a lot of people would have travelled for this game already. We owe it to the general public to put on a show."

"It has been an extraordinary two to three weeks, and a very sad two to three weeks," he added. "A lot of people have been under an awful lot of pressure, no-one more so than the chairman of the Pakistan board, who has been very much at the forefront of all of the response from the [PCB]. He's done a lot of travelling during that period, so that is the sympathy that we have.

"This is different to anything I've experienced in cricket because has been over a prolonged period of time, not just one or two days, but the bigger concern is for the game as a whole," said Collier. "The most important thing is that integrity is at the heart of the sport. If there is a cancer in the game, we have to get rid of it and it doesn't matter where in the world it is and which team is involved. At the chief executives meeting last weekend, we made it very clear that there had to be zero tolerance, and we had to get it cut out of the game, if it is there."

http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pa...ry/477990.html

Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am sure, Pakistan will be accepeted with opened arms in Dubai.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Your home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    I am sure, Pakistan will be accepeted with opened arms in Dubai.
    but dubai is boring...

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    bakwaas, just need the next Chairman to have a heart-to-heart, and it will be all good again.

Paisa talks.

Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Hasnt the off field controversies been beneficial for the ECB in terms of the interest generated in the T-20 and ODI series?

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was expected. And also needed since I really dont want our team to be offered as sacrificial lambs in front of the English tabloids anytime soon.

Two men look out the same prison bars
    One sees mud and the other stars

Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WithLoveFromCanada View Post
    but dubai is boring...
    Got no choice atm.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is becoming ugly. abi to ibtada hai agay agay dekhiya hota hai kya.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are going to Dubai on those crappy pitches, maybe some other country will invite us.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think Pakistan would want to play in England for quite some time after what happened. He just called it out before our team could

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Express Pace View Post
    We are going to Dubai on those crappy pitches, maybe some other country will invite us].
    with open arms!!! everybody likes us. isnt it?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody likes us, but a country with a big expat community might invite us to play, to make some money off us.

Debut
    May 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nothing unexpected

Still hoping for support in UAE though

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It was expected , Mr Butt please leave Pakistan cricket .

Pakistan Zindabad

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The statement is not as bad as it appears, or could of been

Unlike Butt, everything that the ECB release to the press will have been carefully considered and worded accordingly

If you read between the lines, especially the comments about time being a great healer and the olive branch about the Chairman of PCB being under pressure and travelling a lot, I think he's saying that they would be willing to support Pakistan cricket in the future, so long as the PCB get their house in order and start conducting themselves in a professional manner

Debut
    Apr 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteDudeFromTrinidad View Post
    The statement is not as bad as it appears, or could of been

Unlike Butt, everything that the ECB release to the press will have been carefully considered and worded accordingly

If you read between the lines, especially the comments about time being a great healer and the olive branch about the Chairman of PCB being under pressure and travelling a lot, I think he's saying that they would be willing to support Pakistan cricket in the future, so long as the PCB get their house in order and start conducting themselves in a professional manner
    That is exactly what I was about to type.

The door is definitely not closed. If anything, I thought Collier left it more open than expected. He took a very mature approach to the ongoing issues and seems like a good guy.

Pakistan vs India next year - the ECB could never turn that series down.
    Last edited by SOSami; 21st September 2010 at 03:57.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aah that means you must be a corrupt soul too, a cancer that will destory all that is good within itself and externally (all the people you know)
    Yes, sadly I am associated with a nation which is internationally know for all that is wrong with human character. I cannot find any aspect of this nation which gives me pride of being born in this nation. All that may have been good is been removed to be replaced with something which is should be repulsive to a decent minded individual. No redeeming feature what so ever.

Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSami View Post
    That is exactly what I was about to type.

The door is definitely not closed. If anything, I thought Collier left it more open than expected. He took a very mature approach to the ongoing issues and seems like a good guy.

Pakistan vs India next year - the ECB could never turn that series down.
    That series would make them mega bucks. At the end of the day, the reason they didn't cancel the one day series was because of money.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    In your mind.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is sad

Look what both Butts have done!

You can't save everyone..

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is long as there's money for ECB they'l do watever they need to get it.. someone here gave an example of pakistan v india just shows money rules the world atm

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pakistan v India in England would be sick.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Zulfiqar View Post
    bakwaas, just need the next Chairman to have a heart-to-heart, and it will be all good again.

Paisa talks.
    Agree . You telling me the ECB would refuse a Pakistan V India series here?
    Every match will be sold out thrice over

Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPakistan786 View Post
    Agree . You telling me the ECB would refuse a Pakistan V India series here?
    Every match will be sold out thrice over
    I saw the interview, Collier said that there would be no hosting for next year at least. So maybe in a couple of years would seem to be the message. It was a good mature response as others have said.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a mixed message for me.

Maybe more will come out after the series.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the three accused are found guilty and banned and we have a new chairman in charge of the PCB what grievances would the ECB have towards Pakistan to not host any series

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Barcelona
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They cant refuse BCCI no matter what. If BCCI want Pak vs Ind series in England then they will get it.

Remember how they stayed there to play the series after mumbai attacks. It was the same hotel were England players were supposed to stay in couple of days. Money talks and ** walks.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    They cant refuse BCCI no matter what. If BCCI want Pak vs Ind series in England then they will get it.

Remember how they stayed there to play the series after mumbai attacks. It was the same hotel were England players were supposed to stay in couple of days. Money talks and ** walks.

It wont come to BCCI twisting ECB's arms. That series is going to be box office. Any country with a sizeable desi population would want to hold it. I dont think ECB will need much convincing. I just hope we dont have Ijaz Butt at that time so that things are easier for all parties concerned.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BCCI defo stronger than ECB

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Ejaz Butt only has a month to go

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Barcelona
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maula Jutt View Post
    It wont come to BCCI twisting ECB's arms. That series is going to be box office. Any country with a sizeable desi population would want to hold it. I dont think ECB will need much convincing. I just hope we dont have Ijaz Butt at that time so that things are easier for all parties concerned.
    The good thing is Butt may finally step down. Unless he can provide proofs of English and South Africans players involment in match fixing. Which is 100% impossible so we will finally can get rid of him.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seether1 View Post
    is long as there's money for ECB they'l do watever they need to get it.. someone here gave an example of pakistan v india just shows money rules the world atm
    Question is why would India wan to play Pakistan. That too in England.. It is not happening..

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butt saab gets results....

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because they are due to next year, and a lot of $$$$$ for all involved.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Barcelona
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPakistan786 View Post
    BCCI defo stronger than ECB
    ICC makes 75% of its money from India. Couple of months back i read article on cricinfo that top 4 teams in terms of revenue and tv viewvership are.

1. India 75%
    2. England
    3. Australia
    4. Pakistan.. yes Pakistan is ranked 4th and still treated like ****.

But if India provides 75% and add it to Eng and Aus. So overall Pakistan doesnt make much in terms of % and rest of the teams even less.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England = controversies for us. Not sure if I would want my team to play there again in near future.
    TBH 2nd controversy/allegations sounded pathetic. 2 overs were rigged? wth?

I'd take a boring series in UAE over the crap we go through every time we tour England.
    Last edited by Wised up; 21st September 2010 at 05:34.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    San Francisco, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All that PAK needs now is to dethrone that biryani hogging buffoon from your administration and things will be back to normal. Until then all cricket boards will keep an arms distance from PAK. No one wants to deal with that idiot - Dharti pe Boj! Only god knows what goes in his mind - comes out and burps utter & random ******** and then takes it back the next day. Bans the best players and claims he doesn't remember banning them the day after.

In my lifetime I have never heard of a protocol where a player (who was banned for no reason) has to state his regret and apologize to a chairman before being considered for selection. I mean who came up with this rule. He is the Michael Scott of cricketing world
    Last edited by ace2705; 21st September 2010 at 05:38.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wised up View Post
    England = controversies for us. Not sure if I would want my team to play there again in near future.
    TBH 2nd controversy/allegations sounded pathetic. 2 overs were rigged? wth?

I'd take a boring series in UAE over the crap we go through every time we tour England.

I do agree with this part. I really feel Pakistan shouldn't tour England for at least 2-3 years. We will just be presenting ourselves for further slander. We have the honor of contributing to the british tabloids' sales in a significant way and they wont let go of any chance to capitalize on it further in the near future.