Results 6,881 to 6,932 of 6932
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CPX Having followed it for a long time I think it's 'due' an up wave at some point and if it cracks that Automotive market it will be a big wave.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43285885

Fancy charging up your electric car in 10 minutes?
    By Matthew Wall
    Technology of Business editor

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by s28 View Post
    CPX Interim Results out

As we've come to expect still 'jam tomorrow'. I think the good sign is the royalty income growth and eventually would expect this to be rated very highly so I think stock underpinned at around 10p with little account for the potential upside optionality

https://www.investegate.co.uk/cap-xx...060700057661G/
    Looks like, a bit longer to wait...
    Personally will see it out, it has to come good at some point...😐

The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Malcolm X

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The potential is so great it is worth waiting I believe. Dyson for example only just started a $2bn project to build an electric car so we are very early in growth of this industry.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    RRR looks close to breakout

Manganese price is on fire

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    SALV chart

Up on serious volume. Maybe delayed reaction to last week's news update

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DOW drops 724 points. What is their president doing
    Looks like we’re going to see a trade war.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PYC

Bollinger Bands really tightening right now

News has been promised on a number of fronts which could be useful catalysts

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S28 - what were your thoughts on yesterdays PYC RNS.

Malcolm X

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PYC interesting. They are very much on the front foot
    I think they're massively undervalued compared to peers (such as Nasdaq listed Simulations Plus SLP)

PYC £3m
    SLP $300m

Expect more significant news soon

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PYC

There are two outstanding pieces of news due
    1) Result of next round funding application from Government / Innovate UK (deadline was circa Feb 8th and typically preliminary indications have been received 2 months later with definitive award 4 months later)
    2) In the October 2nd 2017 RNS they said they were in talks with 6 larger service providers and expected to do a deal with one within 6 months so they are due to update on that

They will also be attending two major conferences this April. AACR in the US where the 'great and good' meet and Biotrinity a UK investment partnering event.

Chart suggests a conclusion to this wedge formation imminent

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PYC on the move this afternoon

Looks to have been a share transfer by a Director so probably some tax planning prior to some big moves?

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CPX

https://www.investegate.co.uk/cap-xx...110700054788K/

CAP-XX (LSE:CPX), a leader in supercapacitors that deliver peak power to support or replace batteries, today announces that it has developed the industry's first 3 Volt (3V) thin, prismatic supercapacitor.

Anthony Kongats, CAP-XX's Chief Executive Officer, will cover the new 3V developments in a paper that he is presenting titled "Using thin prismatic supercapacitors to support 3V coin cell batteries", on 12th April 2018 at the IDTechEx conference in Berlin. It is anticipated that CAP-XX's 3V supercapacitors will complete production trials shortly, with samples expected to be available to customers in August 2018, and commercial production potentially commencing in Q2 2019.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AXM

https://www.investegate.co.uk/alexan...110700054981K/

Presentation at the UK Investor Show on 21 April

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CPX

https://www.investegate.co.uk/cap-xx...110700054788K/

CAP-XX (LSE:CPX), a leader in supercapacitors that deliver peak power to support or replace batteries, today announces that it has developed the industry's first 3 Volt (3V) thin, prismatic supercapacitor.

Anthony Kongats, CAP-XX's Chief Executive Officer, will cover the new 3V developments in a paper that he is presenting titled "Using thin prismatic supercapacitors to support 3V coin cell batteries", on 12th April 2018 at the IDTechEx conference in Berlin. It is anticipated that CAP-XX's 3V supercapacitors will complete production trials shortly, with samples expected to be available to customers in August 2018, and commercial production potentially commencing in Q2 2019.
    Good rise today.
    But potential is huge

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes CPX always have these moves in the locker.

Big ones still to come though will be big name partners.

Potential huge but timescales are long when you are trying to be a 99.999% reliable supplier to Tier 1 Auto OEMs who have massive reputations to protect

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PYC

Bollinger Bands really tightening right now

News has been promised on a number of fronts which could be useful catalysts

this chart has looked ready to break out for a while

they presented a very interesting abstract at AACR (came off embargo over the weekend)

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PYC to present at Biotrinity Launchpad 24th April 2018

http://www.physiomics-plc.com/physio...otrinity-2018/

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PYC to present at Biotrinity Launchpad 24th April 2018

http://www.physiomics-plc.com/physio...otrinity-2018/
    Nice rise today, before the tomorrows presentation.

Malcolm X

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PYC long awaited move as it's looked massively undervalued versus all comparitors and it's in some very hot growth areas

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PYC

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PYC

For someone who has finally paid off student loans and car loan and built up a little bit of saving, where would you recommend they invest? Its not a huge sum of money, around 30-40k, which I want to grow at a moderate but consistent rate with lesser chance of losing it all. I intend to keep it in my investment for 3-5 years at which point I'll take it out for a down-payment for a house.

Folks tell me go into mutual funds but all of those offered really small growth. I also work fulltime and do not have the time or capacity to follow individual companies, their earnings and performance etc.

#Mein inko rolaonga

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AOR - with no news, interest is fading.

Malcolm X

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AXM

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    #AOR chart looking well poised with catalysts due

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #AOR chart looking well poised with catalysts due

Not the news expected

Malcolm X

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AOR

It's a great deal. Got a couple of serious 'rock stars' and 'legends' on board.

If they succeed with the biocompatible heart valve you're looking at a Holy Grail type solution for cardiac surgery and commensurate valuations

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARCM - Director Buy at £3.10 per share

Confident shown there

https://www.investegate.co.uk/arc-mi...230700119440O/

Malcolm X

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PYC placing completes today (May 31st) I think most of the overhang will have already washed through (issued 13m shares, 20m traded over subsequent few days)

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AOR similar, albeit not had the same volume to clear placing overhang. However expect AOR placees to be more sticky and long term supporters of what is a great story.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed_mann View Post
    ARCM - Director Buy at £3.10 per share

Confident shown there

https://www.investegate.co.uk/arc-mi...230700119440O/
    Nice rise today, finished with massive buy at COP

Malcolm X

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S28 - what's your intake on ARCM

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like it still as play on Gold and Cobalt but the technicals got messed up by heavy dilution overhang and the change of ticker so chart is hard to decipher.

Maybe right timing now.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    For someone who has finally paid off student loans and car loan and built up a little bit of saving, where would you recommend they invest? Its not a huge sum of money, around 30-40k, which I want to grow at a moderate but consistent rate with lesser chance of losing it all. I intend to keep it in my investment for 3-5 years at which point I'll take it out for a down-payment for a house.

Folks tell me go into mutual funds but all of those offered really small growth. I also work fulltime and do not have the time or capacity to follow individual companies, their earnings and performance etc.
    Not sure where exactly you are located, I'm assuming in the NA region? but I would suggest going with 80% index fund and 20% risk stock (bitcoin, small/mid cap tech/biotech stock). Here's an example of one index fund I am vested in, last year's returns was something like 30%.

Problem with this thread is that it is mainly focused on the UK market.... someone needs to start a separate thread for NA market, would love to see some ideas for trading in the US market.

Name:  indexfund.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  14.0 KB
    Last edited by sjahmed23; 5th June 2018 at 00:35.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BTW if you are in US, you can try using Robinhood for $0 brokerage commission fee.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AOR similar, albeit not had the same volume to clear placing overhang. However expect AOR placees to be more sticky and long term supporters of what is a great story.

AOR GM today to approve the Placing and Open Offer

The Stigologist 7 Jun '18 - 11:30 - 4585 of 4597

I think as stated above the settlement for placing stock was today so any selling to fund uptake will have dissipated. Normal technical pressure from the mechanics of an offer such as this. Should go stronger especially if people who wanted more get scaled back.

With £60m historic investment and £2.5m in the bank you'd think this should be worth £62.5m minimum. add in the superstars/rock stars/legends who've joined the Board this becomes a real option on success in multibillion potential markets.

Using £62.5m as a starting point with 14.7m shares in issue I really think this should be valued at c. 425p right now

30-40p is plain wrong by a/several multiples

I would hope to see some research from Stockdale help the secondary market cotton on this fact in coming weeks

landy90 7 Jun '18 - 11:42 - 4586 of 4597

Good post Stig, take up of open offer should also be interesting, if oversubscribed there will be unmet demand.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AOR RNS nicely oversubscribed. Should go well

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread should be more active. Nobody is sharing their strategy or anything interesting. TA charts with MA and Volume bars alone wont attract many.

Monsoon has arrived in India. The forecast seems to be good. Foreign investors have been pumping in 1000s of crores into the Indian market due to this and the falling oil prices. ₹ falling could be another reason.

Fertiliser companies and other agriculture related companies are likely to run. Tyre companies are likely to run as sales volume increase is expected during rainy season. Companies manufacturing trucks and tractors should be watched too. Pharma stocks will be in demand as well because rainy season means more potential to sell medicines. You can use similar strategies to find seasonal stocks in most economies.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would not expect thread to be active right now.

Old adage : Sell in May and Go Away, Come again Saint Legers Day

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would not expect thread to be active right now.

Old adage : Sell in May and Go Away, Come again Saint Legers Day
    One should be able to ride the trend in both directions man .

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Q View Post
    This thread should be more active. Nobody is sharing their strategy or anything interesting. TA charts with MA and Volume bars alone wont attract many.

Monsoon has arrived in India. The forecast seems to be good. Foreign investors have been pumping in 1000s of crores into the Indian market due to this and the falling oil prices. ₹ falling could be another reason.

Fertiliser companies and other agriculture related companies are likely to run. Tyre companies are likely to run as sales volume increase is expected during rainy season. Companies manufacturing trucks and tractors should be watched too. Pharma stocks will be in demand as well because rainy season means more potential to sell medicines. You can use similar strategies to find seasonal stocks in most economies.
    Just to address a few things here.

Seasonality is a Known Known. It is predictable and can be discounted ahead of time by the market.

Markets/stocks tend to move on UNdiscounted information i.e. known unknowns or unknown unknowns

Likely to have more impact on a market is the (known unknown) Economic or Business cycle. Even this is a predictable to some extent so can be partially discounted, although cycles tend to be more variable (amplitude/length etc) than seasonality.

What is far more dramatic is shocks such as exogenous events and policy mis-steps. With someone like Trump in charge of the US and Brexit occurring in EU there is huge capacity right now for unknown unknown shocks to hit the system. That is why I'm trying to steer clear of economically sensitive sectors like Industrial/Basic commodities e.g. copper, iron ore, oil etc

I'd prefer right now to focus on Special Situations, Secular Small Cap Growth stories and some insurance in form of highly (operationally) geared gold plays

Debut
    Dec 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to address a few things here.

Seasonality is a Known Known. It is predictable and can be discounted ahead of time by the market.

Markets/stocks tend to move on UNdiscounted information i.e. known unknowns or unknown unknowns

Likely to have more impact on a market is the (known unknown) Economic or Business cycle. Even this is a predictable to some extent so can be partially discounted, although cycles tend to be more variable (amplitude/length etc) than seasonality.

What is far more dramatic is shocks such as exogenous events and policy mis-steps. With someone like Trump in charge of the US and Brexit occurring in EU there is huge capacity right now for unknown unknown shocks to hit the system. That is why I'm trying to steer clear of economically sensitive sectors like Industrial/Basic commodities e.g. copper, iron ore, oil etc

I'd prefer right now to focus on Special Situations, Secular Small Cap Growth stories and some insurance in form of highly (operationally) geared gold plays
    In fully developed economies where the output is very consistent, it might not be a huge factor. But in developing economies it’s still very dependent on the forecast. In India, a lot of stocks run based on the monsoon/rain forecast as the agricultural output is very much dependent on it. This also has an impact on the purchasing power of the poor farmers who depend on it.

But like you said, certain things can be predicted like clothing companies doing well in winter, clothing, auto, sugar & liquor stocks doing well during festive season etc But even then there’s increased market participation during that period which gives the early movers an advantage.

I’ve stopped keeping overnight positions in derivatives because of Trump . But I have to admit he’s a good president if you look at it from the American perspective. His policies will have long term positive effects on their economy.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AOR AorTech

Stockdale have issued a big 20 page note on AorTech with a Price Target (12 month) of 400p

Versus current price of 40p !

Well worth signing up to the free trial available here to read the report :-

https://www.research-tree.com/

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At current 40p share price AOR is valued at circa £6m (with c.£3m in cash) so the Enterprise Value is just c.£3m

It has spent to date £60m developing its technology/IP

Early / development stage heart valve companies can get taken out for $100m+

Looks a decent risk-reward for risk tolerant investors

Name:  Screenshot 2018-06-13 at 12.53.51 PM.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  28.8 KB

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Research Note on AorTech is very comprehensive and I would suggest very conservative.

For example it only focuses on the two major new potential growth platforms (grafts and heart valves), it does not include anything in its forecasts for the extension of current business with Biomerics and current IP into Breast Implant market.

e.g.

On Biomerics :-

"Biomerics is motivated to grow its polymer business and AorTech will benefit
    from this growth, although we have not factored any upside in our projections"

On Breast Implants :-

"A leading device manufacturer is investigating using AorTech’s technology for its next generation products.

Development plan
    AorTech is in the early stages of an investigatory programme with a breast implant business that has identified the opportunity to develop new technology to drive its business in the future.

Opportunities for Aortech
    This project requires little investment by AorTech but, if successful, would result in either a very attractive licence and royalty income or a JV opportunity to disrupt current technologies and supply chains. Not assumed in our projections, but as an indication of the potential value is that a 5% royalty on a 5% global market share would generate an income stream of £2.5m per annum to AorTech."

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice update from CPX

Further news to follow as stated in the RNS

“The Company expects to announce further progress in these respects shortly.”

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recently bought VKTX and sold it for a very good profit. Currently own CNAT and CLPS. Hoping they shoot up soon.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed_mann View Post
    Nice update from CPX

Further news to follow as stated in the RNS

“The Company expects to announce further progress in these respects shortly.”
    On first read I thought oh dear sounds like a profit warning coming... but looks like people focusing on the bullish and promotional top line growth rather than the poor bottom line... so far

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CPX

good move... more work needs doing to consolidate technically

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pharmaceutical stocks is where it's at these days imo. Move over tech stocks, you had your turn.

Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1380 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Invested a good chunk of change in Netflix and had a cool 30% growth in just 2 months

Debut
    Nov 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Invested a good chunk of change in Netflix and had a cool 30% growth in just 2 months
    I'm a bit envious of people who invested in it when the stock price was still around 200. Crazy exponential growth over the past 6 months.