Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 1,201 to 1,235 of 1235
  1. #1201
    Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif khan View Post
    BBC News (UK)

    ✔@BBCNews

    "Jack Straw, you said Jeremy Corbyn would lead Labour into political oblivion..."

    Straw admits he "didn't expect" an exit poll like this.

    Another criminal with egg on his face.
    exactly wish they would stop wheeling out these war criminals, they should be shunned.

  2. #1202
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,797
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Corbyn has led his party to more than 40% of the vote - that's phenomenal and way better than Blair did in 2005.

    I'm not sure who is more dissapointed today, Theresa May and her supporters or the anti Corbyn brigade among his own MPs.

    Corbyn has already seen off Cameron and now it looks like he may just outlast May too lol.

  3. #1203
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,940
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Blairites may try to minimise Corbyn's impact and say it was all down to the anti-Brexit vote, but this is a huge slice of humble pie served up for them. Corbyn has overseen a bigger increase in the share of Labour's vote since the Attlee victory of 1945. Yes Brexit played a part but voters also rejected further austerity.

    For years they've claimed you cannot win on a truly progressive agenda, but times have changed. Ask Bernie Sanders. Its true however Labour have fallen well short of an overall majority, there's more convincing required that Labour can manage the economy and Corbyn needs to improve his shadow cabinet as there's still too many liabilities like Thornberry and Abbott.

    But this is a huge step in the right direction towards returning to government.

    I wonder what Corbyn's next move is. It could be a masterstroke if he extends an olive branch to the "moderates" like Cooper and Umunna to return to the shadow cabinet as either way - if they accept, Corbyn will be seen as a generous conciliator looking to unify the party. If they reject - they'd widely be viewed as saboteurs and disloyal, and rightly so.
    Last edited by Markhor; 9th June 2017 at 11:06.

  4. #1204
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


  5. #1205
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    21,282
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Blairites may try to minimise Corbyn's impact and say it was all down to the anti-Brexit vote, but this is a huge slice of humble pie served up for them. Corbyn has overseen a bigger increase in the share of Labour's vote since the Attlee victory of 1945. Yes Brexit played a part but voters also rejected further austerity.

    For years they've claimed you cannot win on a truly progressive agenda, but times have changed. Ask Bernie Sanders. Its true however Labour have fallen well short of an overall majority, there's more convincing required that Labour can manage the economy and Corbyn needs to improve his shadow cabinet as there's still too many liabilities like Thornberry and Abbott.

    But this is a huge step in the right direction towards returning to government.

    I wonder what Corbyn's next move is. It could be a masterstroke if he extends an olive branch to the "moderates" like Cooper and Umunna to return to the shadow cabinet as either way - if they accept, Corbyn will be seen as a generous conciliator looking to unify the party. If they reject - they'd widely be viewed as saboteurs and disloyal, and rightly so.
    sorry but bring back chukku and cooper? lol..their history..they should never be brought anywhere near the cabinet. their political philosophy is dead and blairism is finished. I think thornberry is great and she should continue in the job. this nonsense about "moderates" is just that nonsense. This is not an age where you can sit in the middle of the road. Theres alot of talk about the fact Labour didnt win. of course they werent going to win, he had a few weeks to mount a campaign and that with 172 traitors waiting to stab him in the back. Considering the odds he smashed the odds to pieces.

    And this is merely round 1. Round 2 is coming and Corbyn needs to be ready!

  6. #1206
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,940
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    sorry but bring back chukku and cooper? lol..their history..they should never be brought anywhere near the cabinet. their political philosophy is dead and blairism is finished. I think thornberry is great and she should continue in the job. this nonsense about "moderates" is just that nonsense. This is not an age where you can sit in the middle of the road. Theres alot of talk about the fact Labour didnt win. of course they werent going to win, he had a few weeks to mount a campaign and that with 172 traitors waiting to stab him in the back. Considering the odds he smashed the odds to pieces.

    And this is merely round 1. Round 2 is coming and Corbyn needs to be ready!
    Abbott and Thornberry are liabilities who were regularly fluffing up their lines in the campaign. Who knows what could've happened if Corbyn had a stronger shadow team around him ?

    It will be impossible for the remaining "Corbynskeptics" to reject a conciliatory gesture from Corbyn after these results.

    If they do - then it'll be abundantly clear to the public, even those who dislike Corbyn, that the centrists are responsible for the disloyalty and divison in the party !

  7. #1207
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    35,964
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Abbott and Thornberry are liabilities who were regularly fluffing up their lines in the campaign. Who knows what could've happened if Corbyn had a stronger shadow team around him ?

    It will be impossible for the remaining "Corbynskeptics" to reject a conciliatory gesture from Corbyn after these results.

    If they do - then it'll be abundantly clear to the public, even those who dislike Corbyn, that the centrists are responsible for the disloyalty and divison in the party !
    Thornberry used to be an embarrassment, but she has improved.

    Abbott meanwhile is obviously to voters what fly spray is to flies, but to be fair that's why they binned her from the front benches (amidst a deliberately translucent smokescreen!!)

  8. #1208
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    21,830
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I still think Corbyn is an absolute liability as a Commons leader - disorganised, off-message and unable to manage people.

    He's quite remarkable on the stump, though.

  9. #1209
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    21,282
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Abbott and Thornberry are liabilities who were regularly fluffing up their lines in the campaign. Who knows what could've happened if Corbyn had a stronger shadow team around him ?

    It will be impossible for the remaining "Corbynskeptics" to reject a conciliatory gesture from Corbyn after these results.

    If they do - then it'll be abundantly clear to the public, even those who dislike Corbyn, that the centrists are responsible for the disloyalty and divison in the party !
    I thought thornberry handled things pretty well to be honest but we can agree to disagree, her ambush of damien green and her put down of the defence secretary are classics..She was robust and said what was on peoples minds. Abbott yes I agree with you, she was poor..

    moving on to the "centrists", they cant be trusted, they were already plotting a leadership election but Corbyns success has stopped them for now..Corbyn needs to marginalise some of the hard core ones and hand out some fig leafs to others..

  10. #1210
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    21,282
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    I still think Corbyn is an absolute liability as a Commons leader - disorganised, off-message and unable to manage people.

    He's quite remarkable on the stump, though.
    doesnt help when the guys standing behind you have daggers drawn. He was brilliant in the last few weeks of the commons and he is improving, but PM questions isnt a good judge I would say. The "disorganisation" is a result of clear sabotage and stupid intentions from the PLP. They need to get in line or make way for others.

  11. #1211
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    21,830
    Mentioned
    588 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    doesnt help when the guys standing behind you have daggers drawn. He was brilliant in the last few weeks of the commons and he is improving, but PM questions isnt a good judge I would say. The "disorganisation" is a result of clear sabotage and stupid intentions from the PLP. They need to get in line or make way for others.
    Once again the song of the Corbynista - they are all out of step except him, eh?

    Well I would argue that if he was a capable manager they would all have fallen into step at the outset. Labourites are loyal by nature and no other has faced an attempted coup since Benn and Heifer tried to overthrow Kinnock.

  12. #1212
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant compilation video showing all the Blairites/Brownites/Bitterites/Soft Left Melts/Commentariat all eating humble pie last night



  13. #1213
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everyone is doing it. So much material...



  14. #1214
    Debut
    Mar 2005
    Runs
    1,186
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unfortunately some of them still won't stop eg Chris Leslie
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-may-open-goal

  15. #1215
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,940
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Corbyn's performance on Andrew Marr this morning was the best media performance from him I've seen and that's not post-election confirmation bias speaking.

    Looked assured, calm, leadership material and convincing answers to every question.

  16. #1216
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    35,964
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Corbyn's performance on Andrew Marr this morning was the best media performance from him I've seen and that's not post-election confirmation bias speaking.

    Looked assured, calm, leadership material and convincing answers to every question.
    One of the rare political interviews where the interviewee is comfortably controlling the interview. Andrew Marr was clearly taken aback by the vast improvement that Corbyn has made since earlier meetings.

    Usually interviews of this nature consist of the senior politician at hand getting twisted in knots, dodging questions and figuratively running for the door. Not this time.

  17. #1217
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Corbyn has always been a conviction politician, it's been difficult for him to have to manage the triangulation to bring the PLP/Shadow Cabinet with him in previous interviews. The rope a dope trick to get May to call a snap election and then put together that brilliant manifesto were key events in allowing himself to unshackle himself from the antiquated PLP/Labour Party policy formation process.

  18. #1218
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    22,323
    Mentioned
    4198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    @Markhor @s28 @KingKhanWC




    Ah, so this is what it feels like

  19. #1219
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


  20. #1220
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Corbyn receives a standing ovation from the PLP as he enters Commons

    My how times change



  21. #1221
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


  22. #1222
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,940
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Been impressed with Andrew Gwynne's media performances.

    His stock will be high in the party after running a very successful campaign. Could be a future leader.

  23. #1223
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,797
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Asked why he hasn't brought back Yvette Cooper, Corbyn says he hasn't yet filled some of the junior ministerial shadow roles so watch this space. Haha brilliant.

  24. #1224
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He is The Absolute Boy

  25. #1225
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is brilliant



  26. #1226
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Monbiot who was one of the worst 'melts' in the Guardian...

    The commentariat are pathetic and clueless



  27. #1227
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    11,797
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Jeremy Corbyn has asserted his authority over Labour by sacking frontbenchers who were among the 50 MPs who defied the whip and backed the UK staying in the single market. The MPs - who comprise one fifth of Corbyn’s party in the Commons - were voting for an amendment to the Queen’s speech tabled by the Labour MP Chuka Umunna which mostly supported party policy, but said explicitly the UK should remain in the single market and in the customs union. Corbyn adopted a relatively relaxed approach when pro-European shadow ministers rebelled over article 50 earlier this year but, in a sign of how the election result has strengthened his position in the party, tonight he immediately let it be know that rebel frontbenchers would be sacked. Daniel Zeichner, Andy Slaughter, Catherine West and Ruth Cadbury are giving up their shadow ministerial posts as a result. The amendment was defeated by a majority of 221, suggesting that when the Commons gets to vote on Brexit legislation later this year, there may be less support for “soft Brexit” amendments than some pro-Europeans assume. The SNP, the Lib Dems, and Plaid Cymru all solidly backed Umunna, but not a single Conservative supported him in the division.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-politics-live

  28. #1228
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,940
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Corbyn with a solid start at first PMQs after the summer recess.

  29. #1229
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tories in so much disarray.

    Theresa May is a lame duck.

    David Davis, Boris Johnson, Liam Fox receiving derision for their perceived failures on Brexit process.

    Tories attempt to re-create 'Momentum' collapsing in recriminations as the Young Tories are revealed to be the ugly hearted little fascists that we all know them to be

    Jacob Rees-Mogg their 'great white hope' revealing himself to be exactly what he is an out-of-touch anachronism.

  30. #1230
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    25,940
    Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Good comments from Corbyn on housing at the party conference today.

    Rent controls similar to those in place in many cities across the world, taxes on undeveloped land and an end to forced gentrification and social cleansing all put forward.

  31. #1231
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    16,104
    Mentioned
    534 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  32. #1232
    Debut
    Apr 2017
    Runs
    235
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Good comments from Corbyn on housing at the party conference today.

    Rent controls similar to those in place in many cities across the world, taxes on undeveloped land and an end to forced gentrification and social cleansing all put forward.
    Or Corbyn is selling another gimmick which is known to fail in the real world

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-control-flat

    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2000/06/0....html?referer=

  33. #1233
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think the Establishment are coming to conclusion Corbyn is now inevitable.

    The Tories are a busted flush who gave us Brexit and are going to tank the economy. They will split and be out of power for a generation. Only game in town is a united Labour Party which has won the ideological battle and has fresh new ideas for making society better.

  34. #1234
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


  35. #1235
    Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    8,329
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •