Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Colleen's sister is apparently very ill. If he wants to go to Madrid (where I'm sure he would flourish), he's going on his own. City are cheeky sods these days, but Mancini maybe has a bit too much class to nick Rooney, although (a) is it his decision? and (b) it would definitely strengthen their title challenge. Tevez, Rooney, Milner, Adam Johnson, Yaya Tour...excuse me while I salivate for a minute.

anyway, I reckon Chelsea. Then they really would be unbeatable.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShehryarK View Post
    The issue with Tevez wasn't the money.

The issue was that he was a prime donna who wanted a lot of TLC and wanted regular first-team football that season.

Fergie rightly couldn't promise him first-team football every week last season.

From what I remember, we had indeed offered the GBP 24 M or whatever was needed for the buy-out - a bit late, and after much dithering, but we had offered it. By that time, Tevez mind was made-up, primarily because he felt he wasn't respected enough at Man Utd and deserved to be #1.
    I wasn't saying the issue with Tevez was money bhai. The point I was making was that although in today's inflated market Tevez may very well be worth £30m based on his performances for Man City, when he was at MUFC he done nothing really to demonstrate that he was worth the £25m his owners were after (his goal to games ratio was double what it is now at City). So I think Fergie was right when he said Tevez wasn't worth that much and add to that the fact that he was acting up, the decision to let him leave at the time was the correct one IMO.

Anyway, looking forward who do you guys think we should replace Rooney with? Personally I don't think Torres is a realistic option, so I would go for Suarez (I think he would thrive in the PL and he's only 23) and there would also be cash left over to make a bid for Gareth Bale (excellent young player he's really realising his potential this season, could be a replacement for Giggs further down the line).
    Last edited by ozzy_07; 21st October 2010 at 10:28.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    its every players dream to play at MU, to say your leaving utd to win more trophies shows you have an IQ of less then 5, absolute hillarious decision by Rooney that may haunt him for the rest of his life and turn him into an Owen.
    Every players dream? I think like a lot of United fans you seem to think the whole football universe revolves around one club!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy View Post
    Colleen's sister is apparently very ill. If he wants to go to Madrid (where I'm sure he would flourish), he's going on his own. City are cheeky sods these days, but Mancini maybe has a bit too much class to nick Rooney, although (a) is it his decision? and (b) it would definitely strengthen their title challenge. Tevez, Rooney, Milner, Adam Johnson, Yaya Tour...excuse me while I salivate for a minute.

anyway, I reckon Chelsea. Then they really would be unbeatable.
    This is football - a cut throat business

If the opportunity to sign Rooney arrives I have no doubt Mancini will grab it, class does not even come into it

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good article written by an Arsenal Fan.

-----------------------------------------
    The sad truth is, United will survive Rooney exit

Over the years, one of the biggest (and most disappointing) things I've learned from football is this: write Manchester United off at your own peril.

As much as it pains me to say it, they can and will survive the departure of Wayne Rooney. The press love a crisis and, while the timing of this story is about as bad as United could hope for, one or two poor seasons that might follow and one big player gone is unlikely to be enough to send United down the route of Liverpool.

When we won the double at Old Trafford in 2002, that looked like a symbolic moment - we took the title off them at their own backyard and a shift in power looked to be emerging. That United team looked finished at the time and Ferguson came close to packing it all in.

One year later they're champions again, allbeit with a bit of help from our own major slip-up towards the end of the campaign.

Once they'd lost Beckham and we'd gone unbeaten in 03/04, that really looked like the end for the glory years of Man Utd. Three seasons without a title confirmed, perhaps, that it was the end for that set of players, and once they'd lost Ruud van Nistelrooy I remember tipping them to drop out of the top four for the 06/07 season.

Under the guidance of Ferguson, however, they always recover. Someone will step up; for his first three years at United Ronaldo looked arguably worse than Nani does now. There's no reason to think that a front three of Nani, Valencia and Berbatov/Hernandez can't replace Rooney without the need for major investment from United.

Obviously a major difference now than from before is that United could finally lose the old heads of Giggs, Scholes and Neville, as well as their manager in the next couple of years. Having the winning mentality and experience of these long-serving old pros obviously plays a big part in passing it down to whoever plays around them. It's certainly something Arsenal have missed since losing key members of the Invincibles too quickly.

Another thing that cannot be ignored, of course, is the enormous debt the Glazers have put the club in. We've seen what off-the-pitch matters have done to Liverpool last season and this.

Still, I wouldn't get too excited. We all like to tell ourselves our major rivals are on the way down whenever possible. It even seemed the case at Chelsea a few years ago when they lost Mourinho and the likes of Drogba had seemingly lost their way and wanted out.

There is a fundamental winning mentality instilled deep in these clubs that Arsenal lack. I cannot see United going a whole five years without ANY silverware in the way that we have. Sure, they might not top the table for a while, but they display enough of a hunger to show respect to the smaller cup competitions in a way that we don't.

The sad truth for us, also, is that even the downfall of United would not guarantee us success in the way it might have in the late 90s/early 00s when there were no other competitors. If Rooney weakens one set of rivals by leaving, he will surely only be strengthening Chelsea or Man City, as I really cannot see him moving abroad.

For now, let's do our best to make sure City's rise up does not happen too quickly, starting with an Arsenal win this weekend. More on that in the next few days.

http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/31...oney-exit.html

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone see Holloway's rant on the Rooney situation? E wernt an appy chappy in that

You can watch it on the BBC website if you are UK based

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    Did anyone see Holloway's rant on the Rooney situation? E wernt an appy chappy in that

You can watch it on the BBC website if you are UK based
    I love Holloway! Tried to hate him since his team beat my team & got into the Prem

But I cant!

Saeed Ajmal & Younis Khan: The Pride of Pakistan

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was one HIGH quality rant!

... hor gunnay choopoo ...

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy is class - don't agree with everything he said BUT a lot of it was right

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always liked holloway.Top man always worth listening to.

we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Tokyo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy is class - don't agree with everything he said BUT a lot of it was right
    Is this the rant?

Don't really get what he's trying to say to be honest. What's his objection? He keeps saying "that's so wrong" but what exactly is he talking about?

Jo aql ka ghulam ho, woh dil na kar qubool
    Disown the heart that's slave to the mind
    -Iqbal

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d0gers View Post
    Is this the rant?

Don't really get what he's trying to say to be honest. What's his objection? He keeps saying "that's so wrong" but what exactly is he talking about?
    His issue is with the Fifa ruling (also known as the Webster ruling) and the Bosman ruling

He thinks it is wrong that a player can buy out his contract with a year left on it - and I agree with him on that

The Fifa ruling (Webster) states that

Article 17 of Fifa's statutes, which states that a player aged between 23 and 28 who has fulfilled three years of his contract can move to another club for "footballing reasons".
    Gutierrez joined us in a similar way - had time left on his contract BUT he bought it out and then joined us

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Tokyo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His issue is with the Fifa ruling (also known as the Webster ruling) and the Bosman ruling

He thinks it is wrong that a player can buy out his contract with a year left on it - and I agree with him on that

The Fifa ruling (Webster) states that

Gutierrez joined us in a similar way - had time left on his contract BUT he bought it out and then joined us
    Ah okay thanks for clarifying. Yeah he does mention the Bosman but I don't know any specifics that's why I was confused.

The way it's set up it does seem a bit odd. But surely the club that signs a player will make an allowance for something like this happening at the outset? Maybe making the buyout amount prohibitively expensive? United or any club for that matter can't claim to be surprised by something like this happening.

-Iqbal

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d0gers View Post
    Ah okay thanks for clarifying. Yeah he does mention the Bosman but I don't know any specifics that's why I was confused.

The way it's set up it does seem a bit odd. But surely the club that signs a player will make an allowance for something like this happening at the outset? Maybe making the buyout amount prohibitively expensive? United or any club for that matter can't claim to be surprised by something like this happening.
    The buyout is irrelevant - next summer Wayne Rooney can rip up his Man-U contract because he is between 23 and 28 and has spent 3 years at the club - and the money the club get is not based on the players ability, it is based on the wages they would have expected to pay the player

Google webster ruling for more info

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MUFC > Rooney

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    The buyout is irrelevant - next summer Wayne Rooney can rip up his Man-U contract because he is between 23 and 28 and has spent 3 years at the club - and the money the club get is not based on the players ability, it is based on the wages they would have expected to pay the player

Google webster ruling for more info
    This is what gets me. Whats the point of signing a contract? What is it worth? There is so much protection for players now, that clubs are at their mercy. People say "well they get traded like meat by the clubs..."

NEWSFLASH: THAT IS HOW THE WORLD WORKS. You think my employer or your employer can't replace you or there isn't someone else who at least covets your job? If you sign a contract for 4 yrs, you better damn give 4 yrs...not 3 yrs, or how many you ever choose or else you might as well start writing contracts on napkins.

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    This is what gets me. Whats the point of signing a contract? What is it worth? There is so much protection for players now, that clubs are at their mercy. People say "well they get traded like meat by the clubs..."

NEWSFLASH: THAT IS HOW THE WORLD WORKS. You think my employer or your employer can't replace you or there isn't someone else who at least covets your job? If you sign a contract for 4 yrs, you better damn give 4 yrs...not 3 yrs, or how many you ever choose or else you might as well start writing contracts on napkins.
    Football doesn't operate in the real/common world - it is a billion dollar industry

I certainly think it is wrong that players hold pretty much all the cards - contracts only benefit the players, there is no security for the clubs as we have seen all too often when a player wants out he gets it - and most time clubs miss out on the real value of the player

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from press release, i dnt think rooney will be leaving. fergie has either persuaded rooney that the financial situation with the club is ok as they have money in the bank or they are willing to buy new players.

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    outside shankly gate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha-- this is just hilarious

Balaclava-clad fans make death threat at Wayne Rooney's home

• Balaclava-clad fans make death threat outside player's home
    • Talks staged with player's agent and calls made to Glazers

Manchester United today re-entered negotiations with Wayne Rooney's agent, Paul Stretford, on a day when the outrage felt by the club's supporters escalated into militant action and chilling threats.

While Rooney was pondering the fall-out from several hours of high-level talks at Old Trafford, a 40-strong group of United supporters, many wearing balaclavas and hooded tops, had travelled to his home in Prestbury, Cheshire to warn him off any move to Manchester City. Witnesses reported a gathering outside his house, with a banner reading "If you join City you're dead".

The incident occurred a couple of hours after United released a statement confirming they had spent the day discussing Rooney's future. The club's chief executive, David Gill, spoke to Stretford to reiterate Sir Alex Ferguson's belief that the player could be on the verge of making the biggest mistake of his professional life.

City are willing to pay Rooney £260,000 a week, which would make him the highest-paid player in the Premier League, but there is a desire among senior figures at Old Trafford to keep him. The fact he was not transfer-listed today suggests at least that there are attempts behind the scenes to resolve the matter. Gill had an hour-long meeting with Ferguson at lunchtime and spoke to the club's owners, the Glazer family, by telephone.

Rooney's position had begun to look untenable when he released a statement on Wednesday confirming that he wanted to leave Old Trafford, citing a concern that the club were in danger of stagnating at a time when they no longer appear to be in a position to sign the more expensive players on the market.

Ferguson had responded by saying his priority was to "put it to bed" today. The manager is known to be frustrated that he has been unable to do so, believing the ongoing drama could have an adverse effect on his other players before Sunday's game against Stoke City.

The only public comment from Old Trafford was a statement from Gill to confirm that more talks were planned and to ask supporters to show understanding.

"We are aware there is intense public and media interest on the club at the moment," Gill said. "I can confirm a number of meetings have taken place today, including with the player's representative. The outcome of those meetings will become clear in the near future. In the meantime fans are asked to be patient."

United are aware of the growing swell of opinion against Rooney from supporters and the player is said to have been dismayed, though not entirely surprised, by the reaction at yesterday's match. The depth of anger against Rooney manifested itself during the game against Bursaspor when supporters held up banners castigating his behaviour.

The demonstration at his house had a much more sinister edge. In 2005 Rio Ferdinand faced a similar visit from a mob of balaclava-wearing men dressed predominantly in black, because of a 16-month contract dispute during which he had been photographed with the then Chelsea chief executive, Peter Kenyon.

Ferdinand went to his front door to confront the fans and answer their questions during a tense standoff, the defender admitting in his autobiography that he had feared for his own safety. The same people are believed to have been involved last night in what seems to amount to a determined attempt to intimidate Rooney out of a move to Eastlands. There was no direct confrontation, however, at the house. Police were called to the address at around 8.30pm although no arrests were made.

Rooney has also put himself in a difficult position with several team-mates with his statement that the main reason he wanted to leave was because of his concerns that United might not be in a position to challenge regularly for trophies. The clear implication of his behaviour is that he believes United are in danger of slipping behind more powerful spenders, specifically Chelsea and Manchester City, as well as major forces in Europe such as Milan, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

City are continuing to monitor his potential availability with a view to signing him in the January transfer window. Though Real Madrid's president, Florentino Pérez, has made no secret of his admiration for the striker, there is a feeling at the Bernabéu that another club is ahead of them.

Rooney is said to favour staying in England, not least because his wife, Colleen, places great emphasis on helping to care for her younger sister, Rosie, who suffers from the brain disorder Rett syndrome. Stretford also has a long association with Brian Marwood, the man charged with negotiating new signings for City in his role as the club's football administrator.Ends

Shahid Afridi :- the glue which binds Pakistan

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anybody see the Ian Holloway interview....was class

told it as it is!!

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Isolation View Post
    anybody see the Ian Holloway interview....was class

told it as it is!!
    Its on right now - SSN!

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its wrong!!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madaboutlfc View Post

It was probably the united sqaud lead by Vidic and evra in disguise!

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SSN camped outside the MU training ground hoping to catch a glimpse of Rooney if he arrives - about 20 Ferraris & Bentleys drove past the reporter as he tried to peer inside each one.

This line cracked me up: 'Oooooh this is a left-hand drive one. No Rooney'

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madaboutlfc View Post

Credit to these fans for making the 7 hour round trip from London so early in the morning!

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I guess all the death threats rooney got meant hes signed new contract!

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    We should have sent these fans to Ozil's house.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Tokyo
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. I guess he'll come to Goodison when he's 29, right around when Moyes makes the switch the other way.

-Iqbal

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from press release, i dnt think rooney will be leaving. fergie has either persuaded rooney that the financial situation with the club is ok as they have money in the bank or they are willing to buy new players.
    i was right

Debut
    Jun 2003
    Venue
    Land of the Obese
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was right
    You mean the press release was right?

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
    You mean the press release was right?
    The press release was from suhaibs famous source ;)

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    The press release was from suhaibs famous source ;)
    ahh, the desperation i love it

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    ahh, the desperation i love it
    desperation? what are you going on about?

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I only wish we knew of this mom tactic earlier. We wouldn't have missed out on the likes of Ronaldinho, Robben and Essien. We really should use them more often. All expenses paid.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Ottawa Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a little drama queen. Does all this for a huge raise. Playing for a prestigious club like Man U should be enough motivation for him to put his socks on, the pay should come secondary.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder how he reacts to last night's events.

'Unfit' Wayne Rooney is fighting to save his Manchester United career

Doubts over striker's attitude to training frustrate Ferguson and may force club to cash in this summer

Wayne Rooney is fighting to save his Manchester United career, with his manager Sir Alex Ferguson’s profound doubts about the player’s approach to his work now a cause of daily tension between the two.

Ferguson’s decision to exclude Rooney from the starting line-up for Tuesday’s Champions League tie against Real Madrid reflected the manager’s view that the 27-year-old is not dealing with the weight and fitness issues which he believes have been a problem since the start of the season.

United, against whom Uefa have opened disciplinary proceedings over Nani’s red card – he is likely to be handed a one-game ban – and the non-fulfilment of post-match media obligations following the 2-1 defeat to Real Madrid, face an imminent decision about Rooney’s future this summer, when the forward enters the final two years of his contract.

The club cannot allow him to drift into the final year of the £250,000-a-week deal he struck after threatening to leave three years ago. Unless Rooney can improve enough to repair his relationship with Ferguson, the United manager will consider selling him if the club receives an offer above £20m.

The strains in the relationship between Ferguson and Rooney have been evident at the Carrington training ground for some months, with the manager’s concerns about the player’s fitness rooted in the Scot’s decision to say that he “wasn’t as fit” as the other players when returning pre-season.

Ferguson said that Rooney’s gashed thigh, sustained against Fulham on 25 August was a “blessing” as it gave him the opportunity to spend time in the gym.

Rooney, for his own part, feels that he has done what he needs to do to be fit and Ferguson’s disinclination to praise him richly when he has made a contribution to a game – his two assists and goal in Saturday’s 4-0 win over Norwich City being one example – has not gone unnoticed. There is a palpable daily sense of the tension between the pair of them at Carrington, where Ferguson’s impatience shows.

Rooney, who said in an interview published this week that he felt "fresh and ready" for the remainder of the season, might also argue that he has sacrificed himself for the good of the team by operating as a utility player in a number of positions this season, as Robin van Persie has taken the striker's role in which Rooney scored 35 goals last season.

There is a view that Rooney would be well served by demanding the dedicated role which would bring him goals and greater recognition. His performance in the first match with Madrid was widely criticised, for example, when the striker covered much ground undertaking defensive duties.

It is known that Paris Saint-Germain will be seeking a striker to operate with Zlatan Ibahimovich next season, though whether Rooney might be that target remains unclear. The Qatari-backed club clearly have the money to buy and pay him. Manchester City may also renew their interest in the player, whom they tried to buy in October 2010, forcing United to offer him a lucrative deal to stay.

It does not appear that Ferguson holds any grudges over the way that Rooney publicly questioned the club's ability to sign world-class players back in 2010, though having subsequently sanctioned the deal which smashed United's pay structure, he will expect more dedication from Rooney than most.

Uefa is likely to impose an automatic one-game ban on Nani for his red card, when the body's Control and Disciplinary Committee meets on 21 March. United may submit their comments about the challenge to enhance the prospect of the ban not being increased.

Rio Ferdinand could also face action over his sarcastic applause directed at Turkish referee Cuneyt Cakir, if Cakir includes it in his report, the contents of which were still not known tonight. Uefa has said it is happy with the performance of Cakir who, like other Champions League referees, was under no instructions to come down hard on fouls like Nani's.

United are also likely to be fined for failing to make Ferguson and at least two players available in tunnel “flash positions” after the game.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...r-8523577.html

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Gets dropped one game and the media start a sandstorm. A non-story really, it made sense for Roon not to be there. Nani has an x-factor and Welbeck performed well in the previous game. Plus, had the game been stretched into a 11 v 11 situation (which it was until the 60th), a fresh Rooney running at Ramos and co. would give us some fresh impetence.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^ If Rooney was fit he should have started in United's most important match of the season.

Something obviously going on behind the scenes.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Gets dropped one game and the media start a sandstorm. A non-story really, it made sense for Roon not to be there. Nani has an x-factor and Welbeck performed well in the previous game. Plus, had the game been stretched into a 11 v 11 situation (which it was until the 60th), a fresh Rooney running at Ramos and co. would give us some fresh impetence.
    are you for real???

in the biggest games you play your biggest players - simple as that.

Fergie obviously feels that when push comes to shove rooney just doesnt make his best 11. He has seriously been off the pace this season - hasnt inspired like before - fading force??? at 27!!

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    He has seriously been off the pace this season
    There is your answer. RvP is RvP, we had to play him. Fergie has a history of picking industry over flash and playing Welbeck made sense.

It may just be an off-season, too early to say "fading force." The guy still has 10+ goals and contributes a lot. He is nowhere near Torres level.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    594 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Maybe a move away from United would re-motivate rooney to become the top player he can be.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wayne Rooney - Wants to leave Manchester United

how many grans a week is he on at man u re ?

کجھ شہر دے لوک وی ظالم سن
    کجھ مینوں مرن دا شوق وی سی

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Wayne Rooney - Wants to leave Manchester United

Rooney's not going anywhere, at least until the end of next season.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wayne Rooney asks to leave Manchester United again

Manchester United insist Wayne Rooney is not for sale after the striker asked to leave Old Trafford for the second time in three years.

The 27-year-old ex-Everton forward told United boss Sir Alex Ferguson two weeks ago he felt the time was right to move after nine years at the club.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22460580

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Previously I didn't want to see him go because we had no one. But if we can get 50 million for him from PSG, I say we sell him and go for Bale.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Nottignham
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    maybe the same story as gabbar put up,:
    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/f...3BtaA--;_ylv=3

TGK 237.1 owner

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looks like his time at United is coming to an end, at the relatively young age of 31.

Wayne Rooney is highly unlikely to leave Manchester United next week and has been left surprised by José Mourinho’s claim he could do so, though the striker is set to depart the club in the summer.

Rooney is determined to try and see the season out, so unless United actively tell him he can depart or there is lucrative offer last-minute offer from China’s Super League before their window closes on Tuesday, the striker will remain at Old Trafford.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ence-continues

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Should have gone in 2013 but Moyes the Messiah saved him.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    I hope he doesn't go. He is a club legend and I'll be sad to see him go.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_KING View Post
    He's not just going to warm the bench, and anyway it's not like his only club was Manchester United.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WC-Passion View Post
    He's not just going to warm the bench, and anyway it's not like his only club was Manchester United.
    He should go back to an Everton or some other European club. He is only 31 and too young to go to China.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    He should go back to an Everton or some other European club. He is only 31 and too young to go to China.
    Well when the likes of Oscar and Alex Teixeira have gone I don't see why Rooney is too young. He can get a lot of money and just come back to England after 2 years.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Venue
    Hawks Fortress
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    So let him stay on £300K PW and either:-

1. Sit on the bench or be 'ill' every other game; or

2. Play and hold the team back.

Leaving is the only option here, for both parties. Part of me wants him to go to China because we'll make our money back on him and he can secure the future of generations of his family. Part of me thinks I don't want to see him finish in that league.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Man Utd: Wayne Rooney set for free transfer to Everton
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40538433

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Cairo, Egypt
    Runs
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wayne Rooney: Everton re-sign striker after 13 years at Manchester United

Manchester United record goalscorer Wayne Rooney has rejoined Everton on a free transfer, 13 years after leaving the Merseyside club.

Rooney, 31, played 559 times for the Red Devils, scoring 253 goals.

He won five Premier League titles and each of the Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup once after joining from the Toffees for £27m in 2004.

Rooney, who has signed a two-year deal, said he was "ecstatic" and his "first game back will be an emotional day".

"It's a great feeling to be back. I cannot wait to meet the lads, get on the training pitch and then get on the pitch to play," he added.

Rooney's return comes as United look set to sign Everton striker Romelu Lukaku, with a £75m deal for the Belgium international agreed between the two clubs.

"I'm not just coming back because it's the team I support, the team I grew up playing for - I'm coming back because I feel the club can move forward and be successful," said Rooney, who scored 17 goals in 77 games in his first spell at Goodison.

"I want to be part of it. There will be pressure on me to perform, but I'm ready to go. I believe I can help move this club forward and be more successful on the pitch."

Rooney says when he spoke to Toffees manager Ronald Koeman he "saw it in his eyes that he wanted me to be part of his team".

He added: "It was a no-brainer for me and the only place I was going to go."

Rooney said he told his agent Paul Stretford to "go and speak to them, let's make it happen" when he found out Everton were interested in signing him and it "was obvious I was going to be leaving Manchester United this summer".

"There were other options there but once I knew that Everton wanted me to come back then it was the only option for me," he added.

Why Everton want him back

Koeman began talking about Rooney's potential return as far back as October, stating he would be "pleased" to sign England's all-time leading goalscorer.

On Sunday, he said: "Wayne has shown me that ambition that we need and that winning mentality - he knows how to win titles and I'm really happy he's decided to come home.

"He loves Everton and he was desperate to come back. He is still only 31 and I don't have any doubts about his qualities. It's fantastic he's here.

"We have a lot of young players and sometimes in life you need somebody who you look up to, who you learn from. That was also one of the messages when we spoke about on and off the pitch what his function will be in the team.

"One of the functions for Wayne is to show the rest of the team why he is - and still is - that player."

An Old Trafford exit

Rooney, who was often left out of United's starting line-up by manager Jose Mourinho last season, appeared in 25 league games - the fewest he has played in one season. His total of eight goals in all competitions was also the lowest of his career.

He was an unused substitute as United beat Southampton to win the EFL Cup in February, and made only a brief appearance at the end of the Europa League final victory over Ajax in May.

In his 13 seasons with United, he finished as top scorer five times and shared the honour with Cristiano Ronaldo in another campaign. He was also named fans' player of the year twice.

"It is no secret that I have long been an admirer of Wayne," said Mourinho. "He has been a model professional throughout his time at the club and will remain in the history books for many years to come.

"It is never easy to see a great player playing less football than he would like and I could not stand in his way when he asked to go back to Everton.

"His experience, focus and determination will be missed and I wish him well for the future."

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward added: "Who can forget his storybook debut hat-trick against Fenerbahce, the spectacular overhead kick against Manchester City and the countless match-winning performances in his time here?

"But after much discussion, the club has decided to accept his request to rejoin his boyhood team."

What is Rooney's United legacy?

Andy Mitten, editor of fanzine United We Stand: "The move is best for all parties.

"Rooney will be remembered well by United fans when the dust settles, a club legend who scored more goals than anyone and was a leading light in one of United's greatest sides.

"Reaching three European Cup finals in four years shows how good that team was. At his best, between 2004 and 2011, he was the finest British player of his generation.

"Rooney's performances dropped, and being linked with Chelsea and Manchester City did his popularity no favours either, but he's scored some of the greatest goals I've ever seen.

"As a journalist who has interviewed him several times over 12 years, I watched him mature, become more interesting and grow into being a respected Manchester United captain."

Everton beginnings - 'He has everything'

Rooney was brought up by parents Jeanette and Wayne in the Croxteth area of Liverpool alongside brothers Graham and John, with all five members of the household avid Everton supporters.

He joined the Toffees at the age of nine and quickly built a reputation as a precocious talent, scoring 114 goals in 29 matches for the under-10 and under-11 sides.

David Moyes gave him his first-team debut in August 2002, and he quickly became a regular starter, scoring his first Premier League goal - a last-minute winner against Arsenal - five days before his 17th birthday

The goal led to Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger describing Rooney as "the biggest English talent I have seen since I arrived in this country". Wenger added: "He has everything you dream of for a front player - intelligent feet, quick reactions."

Rooney became one of world football's highest-paid teenagers with his boyhood club, but handed in a transfer request in August 2004, leading to him being signed by Sir Alex Ferguson for what was the highest fee ever paid for a player under 20.

What do Everton fans think?

BBC Sport's Simon Stone: Rooney has been slowly eased out of the first team, without there being one single pressure point that signalled a change in Mourinho's thinking.

The Portuguese has consistently backed Rooney in public - saying as recently as May that he would be "very happy" if the striker stayed at Old Trafford.

But Rooney did not take the chances he was afforded by Mourinho last season, and that made his departure inevitable once Everton pursued their interest.

Rooney signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract during the 2013-14 campaign, which included the option of a further season, but the Old Trafford club had no intention of triggering that clause.

United have waived a fee and may also be funding part of Rooney's £13m wages.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40510938

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No suprise that he's left Manchester United. He was on the way down and he wasn't a regular in the Manchester United side.

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If Rooney was Nigerian there would be accusations that he has a dodgy birth certificate because it's remarkable how much he's regressed at such a relatively young age.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looks like United are practically paying Everton to take him off them LOL. Poor chap just isn't rated these days.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabbar Singh View Post
    If Rooney was Nigerian there would be accusations that he has a dodgy birth certificate because it's remarkable how much he's regressed at such a relatively young age.
    He had a run of poor form which prompted the manager to play him in midfield, this ruined him.

He will do well for Everton.

Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of Sheep