User Tag List

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

[VIDEO] "I hope that there will be a team from Kashmir in the next PSL" : Shahid Afridi

==

Former captain Shahid Afridi has urged the Pakistan Cricket Board to include a new franchise in the PSL by the name of Kashmir.

Afridi, who recently visited Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, was addressing a gathering in a village where he stated that he was ready to help the budding cricketers from the valley reach the highest level and play in the Pakistan Super League.

Afridi also said that he was ready to lead the PSL team in his final year if it is called Kashmir with players from the PoK.

"I'll make use of this opportunity and request the Pakistan Cricket Board that next time when they host the PSL, a new team with the name of Kashmir should be included in it. And I would like to lead that Kashmir team in my final year. I request the PCB that the next franchise should be called Kashmir.

"If there is a stadium here then there should be a cricket academy as well and I'm willing to travel from Karachi to help run the academy here. I've heard there are 125 clubs in this region so there should be a tournament between those teams.

"I would be happy to come here and watch the matches. The worthy players from that tournament, I'm willing to take them to Karachi with me. They can stay with me, practice with me and also get their education," Afridi said.

Afridi also made controversial remarks against India and Prime Minister Narendra Modi at a separate gathering in the PoK but is getting a lot of flak from Indian citizens and the media for his outburst.

"I am in your beautiful village, I am very delighted. I was planning to visit you all from a long time. The world is currently infected by such a big disease,” said Afridi before taking a shot at PM Modi, saying: “But the bigger disease is in Modi’s mind.”

“Modi deployed 7 lakh soldiers in Kashmir, same as the total strength of Pakistani forces,” he added while also saying that Kashmiris from India were also supporting the Pakistani Army.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cri...009-2020-05-17
    Last edited by MenInG; 18th May 2020 at 15:07.

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a rumor going around that Shahid Afridi along with Shoaib Akhter are lobbying to buy next PSL Teams...

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    why not...plenty of untapped talent there.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trickyone View Post
    There is a rumor going around that Shahid Afridi along with Shoaib Akhter are lobbying to buy next PSL Teams...
    Can one be an active player and team owner? You will never find this situation in the IPL. It shows the lack of millionaires in Pakistan or their lack of interest

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    California, Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    721 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Together or separately? Where did you hear this from?

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We need a new team in PSL.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    akhthar and afridi should buy a team together to increase some star power and name it something related to Kashmir. Would be really fun.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Andromeda
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There definitely should be one.

In hope to not politicise thread, people of Kashmir deserve some happiness. Cricket can bring smile on their faces

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kashmir should have a team. Besides, PSL needs some new teams also.

Bangladeshi Fan

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Kashmir team would irk India/BCCI and they will try to sabotage PSL. Make PSL a stable brand like IPL then bring in Kashmir

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chazam View Post
    akhthar and afridi should buy a team together to increase some star power and name it something related to Kashmir. Would be really fun.
    Viru will pick on Shoaib a lot more due to his stake in Kashmir’s team.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Runs
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye_Done View Post
    A Kashmir team would irk India/BCCI and they will try to sabotage PSL. Make PSL a stable brand like IPL then bring in Kashmir
    BCCI will interfere with this decision and then threatens to boycott from ICC events if PSL injects a “Kashmiri Team”.

We all know BCCI is a chusa board.

Debut
    Jan 2020
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezli View Post
    BCCI will interfere with this decision and then threatens to boycott from ICC events if PSL injects a “Kashmiri Team”.

We all know BCCI is a chusa board.
    PCB was the BCCI chusa when they had to pay millions in compensation. Should try again their antics will be fun to see.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim Khan has Kashmir roots.

Debut
    May 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always envisaged that PSL should have atleast 8 teams initially. However I've come to change this view.

Currently rules allow an 18 man squad with 6 foreigners. So if a 7th team is added, are there 12 high calibre Pakistani t20 players not already picked that make the squad of this 7th team?

There may well be. I'm sure on meritioud basis, atleast two promising emerging players could be picked. But, make no mistake, the other ten would be domestic performers who have little chance of playing for Pakistan in T20s.

People like Haris Sohail, Fawad Alam, Asad Shafiq, Mohammad Abbas, Imran Khan, Awais Zia, Mukhtar Ahmed, Hammad Azam and Sohaib Maqsood would make the squad.

That's ok for them as individuals. However PSL, despite being entertaining, is also an avenue for domestic performers to press their international claims. The squad that I suggested ACTIVELY won't do that and will be boring to watch.

So I would hope InshAllah that the new domestic system weeds out the journeyman and the gatekeepers and highlights the youngsters and pros for atleast two more years. Than, in 2023 should one consider a seventh team.

And personally, I would love for it to be Kashmir. Given the Indian government, BCCI and public's opinion of Pakistan, I really am not fussed if a Kashmir team offends Indian sensibilities.

If that means that we lose out on large rights fees for the next cycle, so be it.

It would be amazing to see PSL played in Kashmir against the backdrop of Muzaffarabad mountains

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    What a great idea
    I think kashmir is probably the safest place in Pakistan for the last 12 years
    The likes of saeed Anwar and yuhana will testify to that with the tabligh they've done there

Theree no article 370 in kashmir and its always been quite autonomous so I'm sure this should be pushed through quite quickly if afridi does invest in kashmir

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    New quotes from Afridi added in Post #1
    Last edited by MenInG; 18th May 2020 at 15:07.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    421 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Need to get better broadcast and title sponsorship deals in the PSL before thinking of introducing more teams. The previous teams have invested heavily in the PSL and deserve to have the first movers advantage

Debut
    Nov 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfPakBreakfast View Post
    I always envisaged that PSL should have atleast 8 teams initially. However I've come to change this view.

Currently rules allow an 18 man squad with 6 foreigners. So if a 7th team is added, are there 12 high calibre Pakistani t20 players not already picked that make the squad of this 7th team?

There may well be. I'm sure on meritioud basis, atleast two promising emerging players could be picked. But, make no mistake, the other ten would be domestic performers who have little chance of playing for Pakistan in T20s.

People like Haris Sohail, Fawad Alam, Asad Shafiq, Mohammad Abbas, Imran Khan, Awais Zia, Mukhtar Ahmed, Hammad Azam and Sohaib Maqsood would make the squad.

That's ok for them as individuals. However PSL, despite being entertaining, is also an avenue for domestic performers to press their international claims. The squad that I suggested ACTIVELY won't do that and will be boring to watch.

So I would hope InshAllah that the new domestic system weeds out the journeyman and the gatekeepers and highlights the youngsters and pros for atleast two more years. Than, in 2023 should one consider a seventh team.

And personally, I would love for it to be Kashmir. Given the Indian government, BCCI and public's opinion of Pakistan, I really am not fussed if a Kashmir team offends Indian sensibilities.

If that means that we lose out on large rights fees for the next cycle, so be it.

It would be amazing to see PSL played in Kashmir against the backdrop of Muzaffarabad mountains
    Indian sensibilities? Really? WHo cares about that lot? I would happily give them heartburn and also induct the Kashmiri team into PSL. While we're at it, it's time to bring some IoK players like Rasool and others into PSL. I'm pretty sure they will be delighted to take part and Indian government won't be able to do anything about it. Imagine the helplessness.

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have a team from kashmir will you great behind the mountains

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call the new team Kashmir United

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

Name:  17a628f3-0ef0-4745-b593-e732f3c73004.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  129.3 KBName:  ff4c2ef0-b9e4-4d13-8813-96b2d69dcb29.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  152.6 KBName:  e618a62b-b1b7-4b30-860b-03feb2b064e3.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  101.0 KB

Debut
    Apr 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be fantastic

Debut
    Feb 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    That would be fantastic
    That would be great news