Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"Put the learning away and go back to what's worked for you that got you to #1" : Mickey Arthur

Mickey Arthur on Ten Sports after the third T20I against Australia:

"Extremely disappointing from Pakistan. It showed the amount of responsibility on Babar's shoulders, he didn't perform and we folded like a pack of cards out there"

"You can't have Imam, Haris and Rizwan batting after eachother, you need to mingle it up with an attacking player. Use the powerplay overs a bit more and that can't be left to Babar alone. Iftikhar played well and took the game on, which the other batsmen should've done. They were exposed to the short ball today"

"Babar said that Pakistan are learning. A couple of months ago, they were the #1 ranked side and went 11 series unbeaten. I'm not sure that what got us to #1 was worth changing. There were some key players who played big roles for us, the likes of Sarfaraz, he's ahead of the game in T20 cricket. Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, bit of experience. Shaheen Shah Afridi and Hasan Ali, these are big shoes to fill. Those guys are there, apart from Hasan. Learning is not for me now, we're a year out from a T20 World Cup and Pakistan are still the #1 side. Put the learning away and go back to what's worked for you, because what worked got you to #1"

"You can't blame the bowling, there's 106 on the board. The batting has continued to let Pakistan down. You select around a strategy and I'm not sure we saw any clear strategy"

"It was hard for the likes of Musa but there's clear talent there with Musa and Hasnain. Those guys are going to be really good bowlers. They'll need some experience. Musa is a little bit like a slinger, the old Jeff Thomson like. He hurries you, he has good pace, he's flat and skids it on. With him and SSA, they made a really good partnership with one right arm skiddy and the other left arm quick swinging it back in"

"Hasnain was with us at the World Cup, he's been with the squad for around 9 months. His role was to bowl in the middle overs and strike with Shadab. There was clear role definition, taking wickets was key and during that lovely run under Sarfaraz, our bowling defended a lot"

"Iftikhar and Babar are the only 2 batsmen who leave the series with their heads held high. Iftikhar will be used in a powerhitting role. He may be found out a little bit with the short ball but he's played very well and justified his position. He came out and he was positive, he wasn't scared to get on the front foot, he showed guts and courage. I was impressed by his commitment off the front and back foot. Australia rewards players who commit in that manner. He's showed he's good enough to survive at this level in white-ball cricket, now he needs to work on red-ball cricket where the short ball will be a challenge"

"I don't think the first 6 overs is the biggest issue, they just haven't batted well in totality and that was disappointing because there's some very good batsmen there"

"At the moment, captaincy isn't affecting Babar's batting. Now is the tough time for him because he's got to face the media. The media in Pakistan is tough work, they grind you down. It's going to wear him down more and more so I hope he has the sense of character to let it go like water off a duck's back"

"There's time to turn things around, if you get a couple of wins and get some confidence under your belt, you'll rise again"

"I like what I see with the batting in the Test team. Azhar Ali is a really good player in these conditions, Asad Shafiq is a very good player. Shan Masood is developing as a Test player, he was outstanding in SA. Abid Ali is a very good player. There's some stability to that top 6"

"I worry about Pakistan's Test bowling a bit. Mohammad Abbas is a really good Test bowler, I think he'll go well in these conditions. Shaheen Shah Afridi is clearly a very good bowler, he's on the rise, he'd be in my first choice Test team. Imran Khan does a holding role and then you have the young quicks. If you don't hit your areas and you bowl too short, you can go the journey. You need to be able to stop the game at any given time, I'm not sure if they have those type of bowlers at the moment. Pakistan have options but controlling the game with that attack may be difficult"

"I saw Naseem Shah at the NCA, he had a stress fracture last year so he was working on his back and rehabbing. I've seen a bit of him and he's very exciting. He's got genuine pace, and he's a bowler who could play a significant role for Pakistan's Test cricket development in the not too distant future. This will be a learning tour for him, you have to be able to put 6 balls in the right area otherwise these batsmen will be onto you. He'll learn and learn quickly"

"Azhar Ali is one of the nicest men I know, he's a fantastic human being with great values, just a solid nice guy and people follow him for those character traits. He's not demonstrative or forceful but he has a steel when he gets out there onto the ground but he doesn't take that off the field. I hope he goes well as Test captain"

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey surely boast too much about no 1 t20 rank though.

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lemme guess....go back to Sarfaraz-Mickey combination?

Debut
    Feb 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion66 View Post
    Ya. Let's see if he talks about the test ranking as much during the tests.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post

"You can't have Imam, Haris and Rizwan batting after eachother, you need to mingle it up with an attacking player. Use the powerplay overs a bit more and that can't be left to Babar alone. Iftikhar played well and took the game on, which the other batsmen should've done. They were exposed to the short ball today"
    He is totally right here and I said the same thing after the 2nd match as well. Top 4 with Imam, Haris, Rizwan in T20s will get beaten by even domestic teams of Pakistan. Its not that they are bad players but having all of them in T20s one after another doesnt help the combination in anyway. Having 3-4 consolidators inside first 6 overs isnt a strategy that will win you matches.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    Have fun winning tests in front of empty stadiums and losing all LOI matches with your saviour Misbah. Boring player coaching players to play boring cricket. Uninspiring monotone person.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BreadPakoda View Post
    To be brutally honest, Pakistan has neither the resources nor the will or the support in test match cricket. I don’t dispute it’s the best format, but one does best sticking to one’s strengths. However weak this T20i team has now become, we still have a better chance of upping our game in this format for a serious run in the WT20 than ever being top-3 in the Test Championship.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Amsterdam / Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What worked for us? Hafeez and Malik?

Do we really want Hafeez and Malik back?

"You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again" - Imran Khan.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Nothing worked for us. Our fake number one ranking was purely circumstantial. If Mickey is not smart enough to realize this he didnít deserve to continue in his role.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Nothing worked for us. Our fake number one ranking was purely circumstantial. If Mickey is not smart enough to realize this he didn’t deserve to continue in his role.
    He knows, better than anyone He is just rubbing salt ...... guy is in pay back mood - he won't stop before Misbah is sacked........

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing worked for us. Our fake number one ranking was purely circumstantial. If Mickey is not smart enough to realize this he didnít deserve to continue in his role.
    Can you explain what was circumstantial?

I am very curious to hear how it is circumstantial that pakistan beat just about every top nation in an unbeaten run.

Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please someone sack Misbah, otherwise the world T20 next year is going to be a disaster.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg111 View Post
    Please someone sack Misbah, otherwise the world T20 next year is going to be a disaster.
    Misbah wasn't in charge of 2016 WC, or 2014 WC either - was it glorious then? I am not a big fan of Misbah, trust me - but I am not delusional..... and remember, both were played on Asian dust bowl, favoring PAK's dart attack and the non flair front-foot batting.

Debut
    Oct 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing worked for us. Our fake number one ranking was purely circumstantial. If Mickey is not smart enough to realize this he didn’t deserve to continue in his role.
    Request someone from PTV to put this guy on the discussion panel. The 10% that is still watching Pakistan team will not dare to view Pakistan match again.

In few months PCB would find it hard to get sponsors for this Misbah XI.

Pakistan team under Sarfraz/Arthur carried passengers like Ahmed Shehzad, Imam and initially slow scoring Babar, and defeated England in England, top team New Zealand in New Zealand. Defeated this same Australian team last year with bowling and fielding.

Remaining no. 1 for 1 year is not circumstantial.

Petty politics and pathetic favoritism were the only reason we lost Sarfaraz and Mickey Arthur

Fed up with Ehsan Mani and Imran Khan, who are trying to destroy our cricket.

Even Ijaz Butt would not have chosen Misbah, this is just catastrophic.

Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why Mickey these days keep reminding me of Mohsin Hasan Khan?

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2012 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Brilliant comments by Mickey.

When you won 11 series in a row you are entitled to call out Misbahís incoherent clown show.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barah_admi View Post

I am very curious to hear how it is circumstantial that pakistan beat just about every top nation in an unbeaten run.
    Pakistan made hay at a time when T20 cricket at the international level was pretty much dead. Between the WT20 2016 and 2019 World Cup, the focus was on ODI cricket because of the World Cup.

Pakistan played plenty of soft games during this period against under-strength sides and picked up cheap wins. Another major factor was that we had the privilege to not play India who would have beaten us to a pulp at our own game.

After the World Cup, with two World T20s in two years, it was inevitable that we were going to get exposed.

Take a look at the core of the side that took us to number 1:

Fakhar, Babar, Hafeez, Malik, Sarfraz, Imad, Shadab, Amir, Hasan etc.

Apart from Babar and maybe Amir, there is not a single world class player in that group. In a world where players like Kohli, Rohit, Bumrah, Warner, Finch, Smith, Starc, Cummins, Roy, Bairstow, Buttler, Morgan, de Kock, Rabada etc. exist, that below average core has no business as number 1.

In a level playing field with all teams channeling their energies and resources into the T20 format, Pakistan doesnít have the capacity to be number 1.

A part of me does wish that Sarfraz and Arthur would have led Pakistan to the two World T20s over the next two years. This perception that they constructed the best T20 side would have shattered for good.

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    London, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I find this post to be boorish

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    A lot of Sarfaraz lovers!! What was SARFARAZ'S performance during the period all are talking???

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    381 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistan made hay at a time when T20 cricket at the international level was pretty much dead. Between the WT20 2016 and 2019 World Cup, the focus was on ODI cricket because of the World Cup.

Pakistan played plenty of soft games during this period against under-strength sides and picked up cheap wins. Another major factor was that we had the privilege to not play India who would have beaten us to a pulp at our own game.

After the World Cup, with two World T20s in two years, it was inevitable that we were going to get exposed.

Apart from Babar and maybe Amir, there is not a single world class player in that group. In a world where players like Kohli, Rohit, Bumrah, Warner, Finch, Smith, Starc, Cummins, Roy, Bairstow, Buttler, Morgan, de Kock, Rabada etc. exist, that below average core has no business as number 1.

In a level playing field with all teams channeling their energies and resources into the T20 format, Pakistan doesn’t have the capacity to be number 1.

A part of me does wish that Sarfraz and Arthur would have led Pakistan to the two World T20s over the next two years. This perception that they constructed the best T20 side would have shattered for good.
    You are being very generous, Amir is not world class, he is bowling like a spinner now, he has clearly shown what he is made off where just because he has played plenty of cricket from 2016 to now, he has resorted to medium pace stuff. The PCB should get rid of such soft individuals.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    You are being very generous, Amir is not world class, he is bowling like a spinner now, he has clearly shown what he is made off where just because he has played plenty of cricket from 2016 to now, he has resorted to medium pace stuff. The PCB should get rid of such soft individuals.
    Amir should start bowling slow left arm.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For freaking reals man. WTH is wrong with Misbae, I love the guy but damn he is making it difficult . Why mess with a team that was#1 . Its silly to say that the team wasn't REALLY #1 because how could a non big 3 can be ranked #1 . Must be a fluke smh

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    That is why I said maybe, because it can be disputed. He does show world class capability from time to time.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The fraud that is Micky Arthur - Baba is the nxt kohli, shadab nxt steve smith faheem nxt klusener Asif Ali was suppose to do a Inzy 92 in the wrld cup just gone. 3 of those 4 players are beyond thrash.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a level playing field with all teams channeling their energies and resources into the T20 format, Pakistan doesn’t have the capacity to be number 1.

You really DO NOT need extra ordinary players to be number 1 in T20's .You need some hacks that can hit a long way and some bowlers who can keep teh run rate down. It becomes even more easier when you have a bowling line up that understands T20 bowling better than other. This team is good enough to b e# 1.

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Dec 2018
    Venue
    Mississauga , Ontario (originally from Islamabad)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by from_da_lost_dim3nsion View Post
    For freaking reals man. WTH is wrong with Misbae, I love the guy but damn he is making it difficult . Why mess with a team that was#1 . Its silly to say that the team wasn't REALLY #1 because how could a non big 3 can be ranked #1 . Must be a fluke smh
    The only thing Misbah did was drop Malik and Hafeez which I thought everyone wanted? And no one cares about bakwas T20s.
    Last edited by HappyWarsFan; 8th November 2019 at 22:33.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    The only thing Misbah did was drop Malik and Hafeez which I thought everyone wanted? And no one cares about bakwas T20s.
    you kidding me ? Mohd Irfan ?

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Misbah has so far rightly sidelined Hafeez and Malik, but with some of these performances they are probably going to unfortunately return.

Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Mickey speaks, i sometimes really do wonder that who is the bigger fraud, Sarfraz or Mickey? Mickey should've been here in Australia so that he could've gotten exposed. He beat minnow teams ans played mostly in the UAE where 150 was a winning score.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    You really DO NOT need extra ordinary players to be number 1 in T20's .You need some hacks that can hit a long way and some bowlers who can keep teh run rate down. It becomes even more easier when you have a bowling line up that understands T20 bowling better than other. This team is good enough to b e# 1.
    I will only say the following - play Mickey and Sarfrazís number 1 team in the IPL as the 9th franchise, and they will not come close to winning the trophy.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Our bowling is world-class; But the batting is lacking. Apart from Babar and Iftikhar, there are no good players.

Hacks only work on slow pitches in T20Is.

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will only say the following - play Mickey and Sarfraz’s number 1 team in the IPL as the 9th franchise, and they will not come close to winning the trophy.
    hypothetical V In real life number 1 ranking team .Try again .

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Mickey so much.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    757 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shariqnoor View Post
    When Mickey speaks, i sometimes really do wonder that who is the bigger fraud, Sarfraz or Mickey? Mickey should've been here in Australia so that he could've gotten exposed. He beat minnow teams ans played mostly in the UAE where 150 was a winning score.
    Mickey is a fraud. I'm sure he himself knows how mediocre we are in T20s, rankings don't matter.

Well called out by @MMHS

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Mickey is a fraud. I'm sure he himself knows how mediocre we are in T20s, rankings don't matter.

Well called out by @MMHS
    Under Mickey we beat Australia 5 out of 6 times in T20

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Mickey mentions the batting order but it's worth noting that he doesn't really mention alternative players.

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    Under Mickey we beat Australia 5 out of 6 times in T20
    Did they have Smith, Warner, Starc, Cummins back then? Sorry not trying to rub it in I am just genuinely curious.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The only reason we were number 1 was due to beating minnows and taking advantage of other teams resting players. As soon as we faced a team at full strength we were beaten black and blue.

Also people who love to talk about us being so great under Sarfraz and Mickey forget that we lost to South Africa and England before the WC. Neither of those teams were at full strength lol.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    The only reason we were number 1 was due to beating minnows and taking advantage of other teams resting players. As soon as we faced a team at full strength we were beaten black and blue.

Also people who love to talk about us being so great under Sarfraz and Mickey forget that we lost to South Africa and England before the WC. Neither of those teams were at full strength lol.
    Nonsense. Pakistan beat NZ, Australia, West Indies 9-0 with the best players they could play.

A skilled hawk conceals its talons.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Mickey mentions the batting order but it's worth noting that he doesn't really mention alternative players.
    why dont the try asif ali as opener he has the power but nothing in his head ..
    this is where coaches should come in and make their contribution ..like bob experimented with malik
    im sorry to say this but foreign coaches shown more passion towards pak team than local.
    like bob-woolmer, Geoff Lawson, dav whatmore , mickey . .
    the like of waqar , azhar , aqib has contributed nothing
    Last edited by The cricket enthusiast; 9th November 2019 at 01:08.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Brilliant comments from Mickey, what learning process are they talking about when we won T20 series after series only 12 months ago ?

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    BANGLORE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    Brilliant comments from Mickey, what learning process are they talking about when we won T20 series after series only 12 months ago ?
    for a smooth transition you need to have a captain ready or atleast for a new captain he needs some senior experience player to advice ..
    kohli had dhoni, dhoni had the likes of yuraj,sehwag

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Destroyer View Post
    Nonsense. Pakistan beat NZ, Australia, West Indies 9-0 with the best players they could play.

Australia didn’t have Warner .

Also we beat West Indies in Pakistan with the likes of Ramdin, Fletcher, Walton, and Jason Mohammed as captain. Since when are those West Indies best players?

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Also we beat West Indies in Pakistan with the likes of Ramdin, Fletcher, Walton, and Jason Mohammed as captain. Since when are those West Indies best players?
    So, one player? Windies brought their best players in an earlier series and they were still swept. They are no match for us in UAE.

Debut
    Aug 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1.Babar Azam
    2.Sharjeel Khan
    3.Fakhar Zaman
    4.Mohammad Hafeez
    5.Iftikhar Ahmed
    6.Umar Akmal
    7.Imad Wasim
    8.Hasan Ali
    9.Shaheen Afridi
    10.Mohammad Amir
    11.Umer Khan

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they have Smith, Warner, Starc, Cummins back then? Sorry not trying to rub it in I am just genuinely curious.
    Your absolutely right, they also didn't have pointing, Gilchrist, McGrath and Bradman

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apart from Babar and maybe Amir, there is not a single world class player in that group.
    Now I am no fan of many of the players you listed but I think 10 series wins in a row can't be discredited like you are attempting here. This bunch's achievements have to be recognised and credit given where due. I agree most of these are mediocre cricketers so an explanation for why they did so well in T20 in my mind is that they were able to make the "the Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts" true. Who was responsible for that? Mikey, Inzamam and Sarfraz!

You have indeed in the Messenger of Allah an excellent example. (TMQ - 33:21)

Debut
    Jan 2019
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emranabbas View Post
    Your absolutely right, they also didn't have pointing, Gilchrist, McGrath and Bradman
    Calm down dude, I was just being curious is all, yes you were world beater under Mickey, happy?

Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    North York, Ontario
    Runs
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by omorst7 View Post
    A lot of Sarfaraz lovers!! What was SARFARAZ'S performance during the period all are talking???
    That's a good question, I checked Sarfaraz's stats for the last two years in T20s, He averages 30 with a strike rate of 130+ after 17 innings . These stats may not be amazing but still better than Rizwan's International as well as domestic T20 stats.

It might take a couple of series but most here would be calling for Sarfraz back. he probably is still our best option in limited overs cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, one player? Windies brought their best players in an earlier series and they were still swept. They are no match for us in UAE.
    Beating West Indies doesn’t make you the number one team in the world.

Some of our series win came against under strength Sri Lanka, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Scotland, a one off game against England, and a World 11. Not exactly number one stuff.

Debut
    May 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    497 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Beating West Indies doesnít make you the number one team in the world.

Some of our series win came against under strength Sri Lanka, West Indies, Zimbabwe, Scotland, a one off game against England, and a World 11. Not exactly number one stuff.
    They beat every team except SA, and India whom they didn't face in that stretch. I don't care if you don't agree with their official ranking but to dismiss it was achieved by beating minnows is a laughable argument. Matter of fact, it ain't even an argument.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beating West Indies doesnít make you the number one team in the world.

What about beating NZ in NZ and then in UAE and beating Aus in UAE as well as tri series in Zim (Multiple times including final) along with everything else?

Pak was able to beat whatever came in front of them for almost 2 years and that is all you can ask. Perfect no 1 by beating every team when all of their top players are fit, selected and available can only be possible living in Utopia.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    What about beating NZ in NZ and then in UAE and beating Aus in UAE as well as tri series in Zim (Multiple times including final)?

Pak was able to beat whatever came in front of them and that is all you can ask. Perfect no 1 by beating every team when all of their top players are fit, selected and available can only be possible living in Utopia.

Other than Babar ( even that is not a certainty) which of our players makes a world 11 in T20s ?

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They beat every team except SA, and India whom they didn't face in that stretch. I don't care if you don't agree with their official ranking but to dismiss it was achieved by beating minnows is a laughable argument. Matter of fact, it ain't even an argument.
    Didn’t beat all minnows of course, but a majority of the wins were against minnows as I just pointed out.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than Babar ( even that is not a certainty) which of our players makes a world 11 in T20s ?
    That is totally another point.

Babar did perform exceptionally well but was supported by Fakhar and Hafeez on occasions along with Amir, Imad (No2 in ranking), Shadab (Irrespective of how good or bade he is he still played a role and economy of under 7 in T20s is phenomenal) and Shaheen did pretty well as well since joining the team.

Its a team game and you dont become number one only based upon one player, even if he is exceptional he still needs support.

Debut
    Dec 2014
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mickey knows what he is saying. At least the roles were defined for the players.
    Faheem was the number 1 quick in world T20 for a while and he was there to bowl 2 overs in the powerplay.
    Imad always opened the bowling. Hafeez would come in to bowl to lefties, Hasan was there to finish, shadab was attacking in the middle overs.
    And t20 was sarfarazs game. He was a specialost captain who would demote himself below Imad Hasan and even wahab in the batting.
    Malik was always good at 5.

Now it's just chaos

If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you always got #improve

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a level playing field with all teams channeling their energies and resources into the T20 format, Pakistan doesnít have the capacity to be number 1.

You havent explained anything circumstantial here. You have simply stated a quite frankly silly opinion.

Pakistan beat teams featuring bolt, amla, morkel, Pollard, several other rampant west Indians, Morgan, et al. So unless these players just gained form in the last 6 months, your argument is as full of truth as all your other posts.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Montreal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He makes some valid points

Can't have imam Rizwan and haris at he top 4

Babar can't always do everything

And you can't blame the bowling defending 106 on a batting paradise good luck lol

Hoping for better results moving forward

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people do need some reminding. This is probably the best we can achieve with the retched system we have and the dearth of new talent. I mean the best new performer of the lot was iftikhar ahmed. That is how low the resources run currently

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We beat West Indies in West Indies. Sarfraz's second series as captain. Look it up.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Too many players of a similar nature and a lack of x-factor with the bat are major issues at the moment.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    We beat West Indies in West Indies. Sarfraz's second series as captain. Look it up.
    Most of the wins are against weak teams.

West Indies 3 times I believe, Sri Lanka, world 11, Zimbabwe D in that tri series, Scotland LOL.

We are not the number 1 T20 regardless of who is the coach.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is totally another point.

Babar did perform exceptionally well but was supported by Fakhar and Hafeez on occasions along with Amir, Imad (No2 in ranking), Shadab (Irrespective of how good or bade he is he still played a role and economy of under 7 in T20s is phenomenal) and Shaheen did pretty well as well since joining the team.

Its a team game and you dont become number one only based upon one player, even if he is exceptional he still needs support.

We don’t have world class players. That’s why we are struggling. We are not the number 1 T20 team. Not interested in the ranking.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

West Indies 3 times I believe, Sri Lanka, world 11, Zimbabwe D in that tri series, Scotland LOL.

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...g-weaker-sides

^Check this out. Low-strength teams maybe. Majority wins against weak teams? No.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1590 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Australia and New Zealand are strong, but we lost more times to England and South Africa than we have won and they played under strength teams.

West Indies played a weak team in Pakistan .

The rest of the teams are weak. That world 11 should not even be counted as they are not an international nation lol.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia and New Zealand are strong, but we lost more times to England and South Africa than we have won and they played under strength teams.

The rest of the teams are weak. That world 11 should not even be counted as they are not an international nation lol.
    That WI team was only weaker in 3/9 of those games. The Karachi games. The first 6 games they had most of their mainstay players. Pollard, Narine, Brathwaite, Pooran etc don't constitute a weak team.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boiz Played Well View Post
    That WI team was only weaker in 3/9 of those games. The Karachi games. The first 6 games they had most of their mainstay players. Pollard, Narine, Brathwaite, Pooran etc don't constitute a weak team.

Believe what you want.

We are seeing the truth worth of this team. We lost to South Africa and England who played under strength teams, than Sri Lanka who sent a D side on our patch. Than not even competing against Australia.

They only major change from the team from the “legendary run” is the passenger Sarfraz.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Believe what you want.

We are seeing the truth worth of this team. We lost to South Africa and England who played under strength teams, than Sri Lanka who sent a D side on our patch. Than not even competing against Australia.

They only major change from the team from the “legendary run” is the passenger Sarfraz.
    The point isn't that the team has gone down the toilet now. The point is there are a few wrong assumptions about how it got to No. 1. Believing it was never good and just coasting through is doing it injustice. A lot of players were in better form. The ancient ones were younger. UAE was a fortress of sorts.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boiz Played Well View Post
    The point isn't that the team has gone down the toilet now. The point is there are a few wrong assumptions about how it got to No. 1. Believing it was never good and just coasting through is doing it injustice. A lot of players were in better form. The ancient ones were younger. UAE was a fortress of sorts.
    We are not good enough imo. If Sarfraz and Arthur were in charge Australia would still have beaten us black and blue.

Debut
    Jul 2019
    Venue
    Janubi Shumal
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are not good enough imo. If Sarfraz and Arthur were in charge Australia would still have beaten us black and blue.
    Against this Australian team in Australia? No doubt about that.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    You havent explained anything circumstantial here. You have simply stated a quite frankly silly opinion.

Pakistan beat teams featuring bolt, amla, morkel, Pollard, several other rampant west Indians, Morgan, et al. So unless these players just gained form in the last 6 months, your argument is as full of truth as all your other posts.
    What do you think would have been the result had Pakistan played a full-strength India?

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    He would've played the same ones in a different order. Babar would've been one down

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    New Zealand
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyWarsFan View Post
    I wouldn't have minded this white wash as much if young players were tryed out for the whole series to get an acrual good look at them. But Misbah decided to play Irfan, Wahab and Asif and all of these guys are TTFs. The only new selection that Misbah must be given credit for is Iftikhar Ahmad. A better squad must be selected for the next t20i series that doesn't have Rizwan, Imam and Haris in the top 4. They have to give a chance to Ammad Butt who has performed well with bat and ball in the national t20.

Imad Wasim is not going to do well in Australia as a bowler or batsman. Just bowl a bouncer at him and he's done. Due to the fact that he darts the ball he can't bowl too full, so he has to pull the length back but then the batsmen in Australia can camp on the back foot and cut and pull him easily, just as we saw in this series. I would go with a proper spinner in Umer Khan. Wahab, Irfan and Asif all must be dropped. People who think Wahab is good are delusional.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you think would have been the result had Pakistan played a full-strength India?
    lol at people underrating india. india would beat a lot of these teams if they actually took it seriously. We shall see in the world cup when they decide to show up.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incorrect. We lost once and won once against England. That's not "losing more times to England"

Don't care if XYZ would have beaten us or if we were good enough to be ranked number one. You yourself said we were atleast good enough to beat weak teams. Sri Lanka D was a weak team. We got battered under Misbah.

Quite simple really.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We donít have world class players. Thatís why we are struggling. We are not the number 1 T20 team. Not interested in the ranking.
    You already came into this discussion with a strong belief so I guess irrespective of facts, stats etc your are not gonna change your mind.

However, I do expect that you wont use ICC rankings in any format as support for your arguments in future. As in terms of facts I can prove right away that since 2016 Pakistan debuted more or similar number of players as other top teams in T20s. So that famous argument on PP regarding Pak using full strength team while other not so much is flawed.
    Last edited by Titan24; 10th November 2019 at 18:45.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You already came into this discussion with a strong belief so I guess irrespective of facts, stats etc your are not gonna change your mind.

However, I do expect that you wont use ICC rankings in any format as support for your arguments in future. As in terms of facts I can prove right away that since 2016 Pakistan debuted more or similar number of players as other top teams in T20s. So that famous argument on PP regarding Pak using full strength team while other not so much is flawed.

So what if we used so many players? We have 1 world class player.

Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what if we used so many players? We have 1 world class player.
    As I said that you have made up your mind. Babar, Imad, Amir, Shaheen(Who wasnt there), Shadab have been pretty good in the T20 format and even you dont want to check the rankings atleast check their stats for last 2,3 years.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As I said that you have made up your mind. Babar, Imad, Amir, Shaheen(Who wasnt there), Shadab have been pretty good in the T20 format and even you dont want to check the rankings atleast check their stats for last 2,3 years.
    Amir has world class moments.
    Imad is not a world class all rounder. Top batters can play him with ease.
    Shaheen is talented, needs time to develop.
    Shadab can’t even put 2 balls in the same spot. His batting in LO is a joke. Far from world class.