Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 729
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Is Bangladesh really the second best team in Asia?

    I was reading a post by @RainMan_ where he claims that BD is 2nd best cricket team in Asia and was quite intrigued by it. For someone who dont follow BD cricket much, I was looking forward their performance in Asia cup based on those claims but got really dissapointed.

    I also digged up some stats and BD has lost last 10 matches against India across formats. They also lost last 4 games vs a lower ranked Afg team. Against Pak, their last game was 2 years ago at Eden Gardens and they lost that game as well.

    So it really begs the question if Bangladesh really the 2nd best Asian team? If not where do they rank.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2015
    Venue
    London, United Kingdom
    Runs
    1,415
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.

    Pakistan is 2nd withAfghanistan the closest rivals. SL and BD are minnows as both lost to Afghanistan Because some experts here think losing to Afg means you’ve become a minnow.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    2,255
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4th/ 5th (Sl and Ban)

  4. #4
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    4,543
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they're number one for sure, the greatest ODi's sorry i mean cricket playing country in the world.. (What i always read of Bangali posters)


    India and Pakistan are par in ODI's and this will be proven later in this asia cup, the first match against them was a day off for Pakistan, this is a new team with lots of youngsters in coming months this team will gell and produce more results like the champions trophy


    Love for all hatred for none.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,196
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Afghanistan is second best. BD is still a minnow.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    352
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My order

    Pakistan
    India
    Sri Lanka
    Afghan
    Bangla

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    352
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    India is the 2nd best team in Asia

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2008
    Runs
    4,543
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Afghanistan is second best. BD is still a minnow.
    i know it hurts, but this is a fact.


    Love for all hatred for none.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    1,094
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BDesh is 2nd best team east of India (ex-lanka), after HKK..

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @MMHS any explanation brother?

  11. #11
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    2,197
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were undoubtedly 2nd best in 2015-16. after that they kinda slipped. Now India and Pakistan are in one tier and rest of the Asian teams a rung below, may stay that way for a while.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,398
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Third best after Pakistan and India

  13. #13
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,980
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Lol obviously not.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,980
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Afghanistan is second best. BD is still a minnow.
    Afghanistan is 3rd best imo, you guys and Sri Lanka can fight for the 4th spot.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    41,320
    Mentioned
    1922 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    They were undoubtedly 2nd best in 2015-16. after that they kinda slipped. Now India and Pakistan are in one tier and rest of the Asian teams a rung below, may stay that way for a while.
    That's how its been for three or so decades LOL


    Every so often you would have a challenger from the lower rung dispose one of the top two for a couple of years only for normalcy to return.


    Mein inko rolaonga


    NaMo se Namonay tak ka safar..... chaiwala

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,980
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahee View Post
    My order

    Pakistan
    India
    Sri Lanka
    Afghan
    Bangla
    On what basis is Pakistan better than India?


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  17. #17
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    @MMHS any explanation brother?
    Your statement ending symbol wasn't that classy, but still since called me bro .....

    I stick to my stand in this regard - I rank teams on the ICC ranking, simply because it's based on recurring performance over a period across globe and against different teams. Cricket is an unique game where lots of factors can differ the quality of a team. You are trying to get under my skin with that Ashwin tongue - if I go back to ENG just couple of weeks back, we probably'll need 4 Ashwin heads here, after so much hype & "expectation".

    PP is an unique place where everything is instant - people live by the day here and don't bother to have some shame on what they did yesterday. Just in case, it it really becomes embarrassing - keep lurking for few days without logging in, everything is normal after that.


    On contrary, if you bothered to read my posts, I had always maintained that in in Asia Cup, IND is favorite even with this team and the other finalist is a fight between 4 teams including AFGs - and I stick to that.
    Coming to ranking, I'll go back to ICC ranking - IND, PAK, BD, SRL, AFG - then comes the associates. Unless, ranking changes, I'll stick to that.

    Hope my answer won't stop you calling me bro again .... without Ashwin's tongue.

  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,980
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    They were undoubtedly 2nd best in 2015-16. after that they kinda slipped. Now India and Pakistan are in one tier and rest of the Asian teams a rung below, may stay that way for a while.
    They managed to win a couple of series at home, that too due to a unknown bowler. If India and Pakistan were to return today, they'd win 9 times out of 10, and I'd say a series with South Africa would be pretty damn close, that too only because it's at home, and De Villiers is gone.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  19. #19
    Debut
    May 2018
    Runs
    408
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Afghanistan is second best. BD is still a minnow.
    Afghanistan better than Pakistan? How?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    They managed to win a couple of series at home, that too due to a unknown bowler. If India and Pakistan were to return today, they'd win 9 times out of 10, and I'd say a series with South Africa would be pretty damn close, that too only because it's at home, and De Villiers is gone.
    3 actually, you missed a certain 3-0 without that unknown bowler. Your spirit would have been much lower today had AFGs not been drained over B2B back games and spieled at least 15 regulation runs in field.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Your statement ending symbol wasn't that classy, but still since called me bro .....

    I stick to my stand in this regard - I rank teams on the ICC ranking, simply because it's based on recurring performance over a period across globe and against different teams. Cricket is an unique game where lots of factors can differ the quality of a team. You are trying to get under my skin with that Ashwin tongue - if I go back to ENG just couple of weeks back, we probably'll need 4 Ashwin heads here, after so much hype & "expectation".

    PP is an unique place where everything is instant - people live by the day here and don't bother to have some shame on what they did yesterday. Just in case, it it really becomes embarrassing - keep lurking for few days without logging in, everything is normal after that.


    On contrary, if you bothered to read my posts, I had always maintained that in in Asia Cup, IND is favorite even with this team and the other finalist is a fight between 4 teams including AFGs - and I stick to that.
    Coming to ranking, I'll go back to ICC ranking - IND, PAK, BD, SRL, AFG - then comes the associates. Unless, ranking changes, I'll stick to that.

    Hope my answer won't stop you calling me bro again .... without Ashwin's tongue.
    Interesting. How would you rate 5 teams in Asia? In which order? (ICC rankings aside)

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2017
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    2,197
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    That's how its been for three or so decades LOL


    Every so often you would have a challenger from the lower rung dispose one of the top two for a couple of years only for normalcy to return.
    Sri Lanka was in the upper tier for most of the period, sometimes even at the top. From 1992 WC to 2011 edition we always had one of these 3 in the finals.

    Bangladesh threatened to break into the elite club a couple of years back, but now we have a Big 2 which is unlikely to be threatened for a few years seeing the decline in Lankan cricket. I would say that this is the first time in 25 years when 2 teams have left the rest of the pack way behind.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Interesting. How would you rate 5 teams in Asia? In which order? (ICC rankings aside)
    It'll vary on venue by venue, but over all IND is ahead and rest 4 are swinging fortunes, but at this moment AFG is on high & Lanka is really down. But, Malik's innings actually tells what AFGs are missing - experience, while Lanka are lost within themselves, and our day is hot & cold, still not can't perform outside individual brilliance.

    May be, after Asia Cup we'll have a better idea where the 3 packs stands after IND. But, SRL is definitely not that bad as they looked in this tournament.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,980
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    3 actually, you missed a certain 3-0 without that unknown bowler. Your spirit would have been much lower today had AFGs not been drained over B2B back games and spieled at least 15 regulation runs in field.
    What 3-0? The one against Pakistan? I included that. And yes Mustafizur wasn't there for that series, but are you really gonna boast about a series win from 3 and a half years ago, that too against one of the weakest Pakistan sides in this century?


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,623
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is India, Pakistan and then a huge gap with Lanka, Afghanistan and ourselves (BD) being of similar standing.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    What 3-0? The one against Pakistan? I included that. And yes Mustafizur wasn't there for that series, but are you really gonna boast about a series win from 3 and a half years ago, that too against one of the weakest Pakistan sides in this century?
    No, you didn't include that, - there were 3 Series : 3-0, 2-1 & 2-1, last 2 with an unknown bowler, first one without him.

    But that's fair enough - PAK has beaten AFG's on last over today, after all.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2017
    Runs
    6,507
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No joint 4th best side in odis along with SL.


    Sarfi as captain'll lead us to glory.Babar'll be our best odi bat & Haris'll be world class in tests

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,756
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh and Afghanistan might stretch Pakistan at their worst, but that's it I'm afraid. A red hot Afghanistan was beaten by a completely out of form Pakistan in favourable conditions, which shows the gulf in class.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Oct 2017
    Runs
    1,398
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No, you didn't include that, - there were 3 Series : 3-0, 2-1 & 2-1, last 2 with an unknown bowler, first one without him.

    But that's fair enough - PAK has beaten AFG's on last over today, after all.
    You lost by over a 100 runs to them, did you not? I wouldn't go around talking about last over wins here

    Anyway, Bangladesh are clearly third after Pakistan and India

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    11,776
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No, you didn't include that, - there were 3 Series : 3-0, 2-1 & 2-1, last 2 with an unknown bowler, first one without him.

    But that's fair enough - PAK has beaten AFG's on last over today, after all.
    Would you also like to mention that how many player from that Pak ODI side are in this side and do you realize it was the first series for Azhar as captain and he wasnt that good a captain fast forward.

    Do you know what is the head to head of Pak vs Bang? And after that series how many matches have Bangla won against Pak in any format if olayed any?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    11,776
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2nd best Asian side who has never won anything substantial and even after two decades never start a tournament as contenders. Lol!

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,980
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    No, you didn't include that, - there were 3 Series : 3-0, 2-1 & 2-1, last 2 with an unknown bowler, first one without him.

    But that's fair enough - PAK has beaten AFG's on last over today, after all.
    Oh okay sorry, if that makes you feel better.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    6,980
    Mentioned
    451 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    2nd best Asian side who has never won anything and even after two decades never start a tournament as contenders. Lol!
    Forget winning, they haven't even been in the final of a ICC tournament, and have made the semis only once


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  34. #34
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    2,096
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    I was reading a post by @RainMan_ where he claims that BD is 2nd best cricket team in Asia and was quite intrigued by it. For someone who dont follow BD cricket much, I was looking forward their performance in Asia cup based on those claims but got really dissapointed.

    I also digged up some stats and BD has lost last 10 matches against India across formats. They also lost last 4 games vs a lower ranked Afg team. Against Pak, their last game was 2 years ago at Eden Gardens and they lost that game as well.

    So it really begs the question if Bangladesh really the 2nd best Asian team? If not where do they rank.
    Oh! He just meant that BD is Second Best to all Asian Teams (means they are the worst)

  35. #35
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,196
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Hope my answer won't stop you calling me bro again .... without Ashwin's tongue.
    Yeah that looks pretty bad.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Bangladesh and Afghanistan might stretch Pakistan at their worst, but that's it I'm afraid. A red hot Afghanistan was beaten by a completely out of form Pakistan in favourable conditions, which shows the gulf in class.
    One loss to India and all of a sudden your team has become "completely out of form"?

  37. #37
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Would you also like to mention that how many player from that Pak ODI side are in this side and do you realize it was the first series for Azhar as captain and he wasnt that good a captain fast forward.

    Do you know what is the head to head of Pak vs Bang? And after that series how many matches have Bangla won against Pak in any format if olayed any?
    I don't think I have ever made any comment on that 3-0. rather, it's really funny to see PAK posters bring that series and then try to explain why ......

    Since then, if I am not wrong, we have played 2 T20s - one in WC & one in Asia Cup; unless you consider the Birmingham practice game.

    Past head to head has absolutely nothing to do here - then WIN would brash a side every team barring AUS.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,756
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    One loss to India and all of a sudden your team has become "completely out of form"?
    Not just one loss against India little one, this performance against Afghanistan points to a loss of form too. Not everything is about India.

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    Not just one loss against India little one, this performance against Afghanistan points to a loss of form too. Not everything is about India.

    Beating Zim B, WI, SL and then losing to India, NZ and almost losing to Afg is not down to "form", bade bhai.

    It's not form that is lacking. It's quality.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aloo paratha View Post
    Oh okay sorry, if that makes you feel better.
    Relax, making you sorry doesn't make me feel better. But, could have felt much better had you not posted the #24. No need to brag.


  41. #41
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InziRules View Post
    You lost by over a 100 runs to them, did you not? I wouldn't go around talking about last over wins here

    Anyway, Bangladesh are clearly third after Pakistan and India
    My point wasn't for PAK win actually, or how close the game was. Personally, I don't think we are clearly 3rd, but not that bad either.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    Sharjah, U.A.E
    Runs
    14,756
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_outsider View Post
    Beating Zim B, WI, SL and then losing to India, NZ and almost losing to Afg is not down to "form", bade bhai.

    It's not form that is lacking. It's quality.
    The same core of players played the T20I tri-series in July chotay, so that's where the lack of form part comes in. Stick to supporting India, that's what you do best.

    Yes let's see about the lack of quality. Pakistan is the one team that can lose to Afghanistan one day and beat your lot the next. You really wanna be making cocky comments when we are to meet two times more in the tournament?

  43. #43
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    676
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always had soft spot for the tigers very disheartening to see the bhaiyyas regress so much. Was happy to see Bangla bros performances in 2015-16 really thought they was on the up but how they have regressed over the last year or so is shocking and also seeing lanka regress to Minniow level is upsetting dont understand why our fans get so happy to see a team fail there's only like 10 teams playing international cricket only 8 on regular basis. Why wouldn't you want the game to grow and hope teams get better seeing teams regress is very bad for cricket and saddens me alot.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,196
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    Interesting. How would you rate 5 teams in Asia? In which order? (ICC rankings aside)
    Semantics aside. It is as how the rankings goes. Unlike football, cricket rankings are usually right on the spot.

    Also a lot depends on venues, teams forms, injury, etc in cricket. Remember, BD barely lost to number ODI side which is England when they last toured BD.

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usman Chadda View Post
    The same core of players played the T20I tri-series in July chotay, so that's where the lack of form part comes in. Stick to supporting India, that's what you do best.

    Yes let's see about the lack of quality. Pakistan is the one team that can lose to Afghanistan one day and beat your lot the next. You really wanna be making cocky comments when we are to meet two times more in the tournament?
    You mean the tri-series between Pak, Zim B and Aus A? Yes, congratulations.

    And even if you want to claim that as a major victory ( which comes across as very desperate), it's still a T20 series. Not ODIs. Different format, bade bhai.

    As far as meeting twice more in the tournament, I don't think our team is going to lose sleep over facing a team that huffed and puffed its way to victory against the 10th ranked ODI side.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget second best - Afghanistan are now a superior side to Bangladesh in any form of cricket without any doubt.

    Asian rankings :

    Most important- Tests

    India
    Pakistan
    Sri Lanka
    Afghanistan
    Bangladesh

    I am tempted to make Bd higher if not for the fact that Bd are terrible in the hardest form of the game and Afghans have superior bowlers.

    T20

    Pakistan
    India
    Afghanistan
    Sri Lanka
    Bangladesh

    Odi

    India
    Pakistan
    Afghanistan
    Bangladesh
    Sri Lanka

    Afghanistan have overtaken Bd for 3 reasons:

    - far superior spin attack
    - far superior athleticism
    - strong, tough, Pathan mentality. Mentally tougher

  47. #47
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    996
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh will soon lose its odi status, once the likes of shakib, tamim and mushfiqur retire they’ll be gone down the drain which is a sad reality because the atmosphere in a Bangladeshi stadium is far greater to any sort of atmosphere I’ve seen in a Pakistani stadium!

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    Forget second best - Afghanistan are now a superior side to Bangladesh in any form of cricket without any doubt.

    Asian rankings :

    Most important- Tests

    India
    Pakistan
    Sri Lanka
    Afghanistan
    Bangladesh

    I am tempted to make Bd higher if not for the fact that Bd are terrible in the hardest form of the game and Afghans have superior bowlers.

    T20

    Pakistan
    India
    Afghanistan
    Sri Lanka
    Bangladesh

    Odi

    India
    Pakistan
    Afghanistan
    Bangladesh
    Sri Lanka

    Afghanistan have overtaken Bd for 3 reasons:

    - far superior spin attack
    - far superior athleticism
    - strong, tough, Pathan mentality. Mentally tougher
    Completely hyperbolic.

    On what basis are you saying Afg is a better test team than BD? Afghanistan has only played 1 test match and you're already ranking then above BD who have test wins against Australia, England, SL and SA?

    Also I think the SL test team is better than Pakistan's.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget the test series in Dubai. Pakistan are far superior to SL in every level.

    Bd are so terrible in tests that Afghans are clearly going to go ahead of them in this format too.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    30,901
    Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No they are not the 2nd best team in Asia.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    No they are not the 2nd best team in Asia.
    Lol
    That was a ridiculous statement anyway.

    They are now the worst side in Asia. Afghans are ahead. That’s the point I am making.

    Afghans are mentally tough and far more athletic. And have the best spin attack in workd cricket in Odis.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,282
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    According to me, Pakistan is the strongest team in Asia currently. Champions trophy win is superior to 10 Asia cups wins and India won't get any credit even if they win all games in Asia cup now. Pakistan proved themselves at the biggest stage possible and India can only overcome Pakistan if they manage to reverse it in an equally bigger game. Anyway, here are my rankings -
    1. Pakistan
    2. India
    3. Afghanistan
    4. Sri Lanka
    ....
    5. Bangladesh
    6. Hong Kong, UAE, etc

    I believe Bangladesh will regress very very badly with Sakib, Mushy, Tamim, Masrafe losing form/retiring in the next 2-3 years. After that they will be competing with Nepals, Hong Kongs etc. They will return to their original state. I can't see any good talent emerging from Bangladesh. Such talentless country in terms of cricketing skills.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I would like to correct myself.

    I think in test matches, BD would have more know how currently for Afghanistan.

    In t20s, Afghanistan are far ahead of Bd.

    In Odis, Afghanistan are slightly ahead of BD.

    That is a fairer assessment.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    Actually I would like to correct myself.

    I think in test matches, BD would have more know how currently for Afghanistan.

    In t20s, Afghanistan are far ahead of Bd.

    In Odis, Afghanistan are slightly ahead of BD.

    That is a fairer assessment.
    Yes. That is more accurate.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandarchowka View Post
    According to me, Pakistan is the strongest team in Asia currently. Champions trophy win is superior to 10 Asia cups wins and India won't get any credit even if they win all games in Asia cup now. Pakistan proved themselves at the biggest stage possible and India can only overcome Pakistan if they manage to reverse it in an equally bigger game. Anyway, here are my rankings -
    1. Pakistan
    2. India
    3. Afghanistan
    4. Sri Lanka
    ....
    5. Bangladesh
    6. Hong Kong, UAE, etc

    I believe Bangladesh will regress very very badly with Sakib, Mushy, Tamim, Masrafe losing form/retiring in the next 2-3 years. After that they will be competing with Nepals, Hong Kongs etc. They will return to their original state. I can't see any good talent emerging from Bangladesh. Such talentless country in terms of cricketing skills.
    India is slightly ahead of Pakistan. However, I was not impress by India at all in the last test series.

    The problem for BD is they have found no players to replace their golden generation.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,805
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to get @RainMan_ 's view on this topic as he was relentlessly debating in other thread about how BD is 2nd best Asian team. But seems like he went for hiding after successive defeats from Afg and Ind

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Venue
    Kolkata
    Runs
    2,732
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canford Cliffs View Post
    I wanted to get @RainMan_ 's view on this topic as he was relentlessly debating in other thread about how BD is 2nd best Asian team. But seems like he went for hiding after successive defeats from Afg and Ind
    If he is going to hide after every BAN defeat I don't think we'll be seeing a lot of him on PP.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    2,309
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    India is easily the second best team in Asia when Pakistan checks their emotions and plays the right combo as we will see tomorrow.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Oct 2016
    Runs
    11,776
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    I don't think I have ever made any comment on that 3-0. rather, it's really funny to see PAK posters bring that series and then try to explain why ......

    Since then, if I am not wrong, we have played 2 T20s - one in WC & one in Asia Cup; unless you consider the Birmingham practice game.

    Past head to head has absolutely nothing to do here - then WIN would brash a side every team barring AUS.

    Agreed. But, I think to become a very good side for long periods, Bang needs to be more consistent and it cant be done unless they start to take all international matches including tests and T20s as seriously as ODIs.

    Even some Bang fans here say ODIs is the best form and we dont take others seriously but a team cant only play ODIs and losing other formats does effect reputation and momentum of the team.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan24 View Post
    Agreed. But, I think to become a very good side for long periods, Bang needs to be more consistent and it cant be done unless they start to take all international matches including tests and T20s as seriously as ODIs.

    Even some Bang fans here say ODIs is the best form and we dont take others seriously but a team cant only play ODIs and losing other formats does effect reputation and momentum of the team.
    Afghans actually has become a good side even in Test here in PP because they won few T20 against No. 10 ranked team and has won couple of ODIs on conditions that perfectly suits their game... that too batting first on an under prepared track. In fact, they are actually better than BD in Test as well.

    Though, just about a month back one team came from WIN winning both LO series, but that can be taken as outlayers - statistical anomaly, it happens by fluke. Similarly, IND hammered one team playing back to back game inside 30 overs, but that was one bad day, another fluke. ItÂ’s a problem when another team loses to IND playing 2 games within 15 hours in 2 different venues - thatÂ’s lack of class.

    As I said, I'll have to change my style here in PP, if I am to survive here for long - which lives by the day. I have to leave my dignity, my principal & my shame at home. The day I am high (say BD wins), IÂ’ll have to muddle around everything and everyone - the day I am down, just go AWOL for couple of days and come back with next agenda with a thick skin.

    I can post some of the posts from posters of this very thread itself just before the start of this Asia Cup regarding our prospect in this tournament, about qualifying for Super 4, about highest scorers or MoS and troll around that - but I wonÂ’t go to that path because I have shame & self dignity - I take ownership of every word I write. ItÂ’s not that BD is going to win every game - therefore itÂ’s a choice between ek din ka Sultan or being an involved member to pass time - I had chosen the 2nd, otherwise using one of my 7-8 devices to create a separate ID with an unique IP to troll around isnÂ’t a big deal, just distasteful.

    Coming to BD cricket - indeed it’s the biggest challenge to phase out generation. Cricket is an unique game that’s learned by the longer format, which is diminishing gradually, and that’s is the biggest challenge for us - young generation isn’t ready to work hard. Taskin is 23 now, 6’2” and genuinely quick - he had a 10-12 crore earning in 2-3 years from cricket, now owns a mega restaurant which earns him more than enough for his life style, why bother for 10-12 hours hard work per day & an extremely restricted life style?

    Talent is something thatÂ’s not genetical and I explained that in many other posts. A skilled based team game like Cricket, itÂ’s the system that produces professionals, not genetics. Unless, our cricket board can establish that system, it wonÂ’t survive for long, for sure.
    Last edited by Zeeraq; 22nd September 2018 at 22:01.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    488
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those rating Afghanistan so highly need to realise that in non spinning conditions even Bangladesh would trash them. They rely heavily on their spinners with rather awful 90s type batsmen. They will score 250 even on English flat pitches and Bangladesh would win easily.
    In all conditions:
    India
    Pakistan
    Bangladesh
    Srilanka/Afghanistan

  62. #62
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    10
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do Pakistanis and Indians feel the need to demean the Bangladesh team? They've improved leaps and bounds and deserve so much credit. And frankly speaking, ranking teams based off bias and personal rivalries makes for a highly unproductive discussion. Here's to all teams succeeding!

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    2,196
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post


    Coming to BD cricket - indeed it’s the biggest challenge to phase out generation. Cricket is an unique game that’s learned by the longer format, which is diminishing gradually, and that’s is the biggest challenge for us - young generation isn’t ready to work hard. Taskin is 23 now, 6’2” and genuinely quick - he had a 10-12 crore earning in 2-3 years from cricket, now owns a mega restaurant which earns him more than enough for his life style, why bother for 10-12 hours hard work per day & an extremely restricted life style?
    Maybe it applies to players like Taskin, Nasir, etc only. They were never really that good to begin with.

    How come Ronaldo is still playing and hungry for more? I am pretty sure he has enough money to just relax at his home for the rest of his lives and still won't run out of money.

    Problem is with our some of our players mindset..luckily it's not all otherwise Tamim, Mushy, Shakib, and Mahmuddlulah would have retired long ago.

  64. #64
    Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    1,153
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh have a few good batsmen but the rest of their team is on minnow level. Don't see him realistically threatening any top level team at the World Cup.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    731
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When a team begins in a sport, it is a minnow and it plays a certain way. After gaining experience, it shifts to a different gear and becomes a non minnow. I find that Bangladesh, despite playing for nearly two decades have yet to shift to the higher gear. Perhaps they do not possess that higher gear.

    This principle applies in every field. And graduating to the next level takes far more hard work behind the scenes. It can not happen by miracle. I cannot visualize Bangladesh reaching that level anytime soon.
    Last edited by latecut; 22nd September 2018 at 21:25.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Nov 2016
    Venue
    Dhaka
    Runs
    3,684
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD had been and will always be minnow.

    India
    Afghanistan
    SL
    Pak
    HK
    UAE
    Nep
    Mal
    Singapore
    ...
    BD (all time minnow)

  67. #67
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    1,282
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nil Dhumrojal View Post
    BD had been and will always be minnow.

    India
    Afghanistan
    SL
    Pak
    HK
    UAE
    Nep
    Mal
    Singapore
    ...
    BD (all time minnow)
    Now don't take it too far. Bangladesh is still very competitive and all that but the future looks a little bleak with the bench not possessing any quality players. No doubt this is your golden generation and I will advise you to enjoy while it lasts..

  68. #68
    Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    465
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandarchowka View Post
    According to me, Pakistan is the strongest team in Asia currently. Champions trophy win is superior to 10 Asia cups wins and India won't get any credit even if they win all games in Asia cup now. Pakistan proved themselves at the biggest stage possible and India can only overcome Pakistan if they manage to reverse it in an equally bigger game. Anyway, here are my rankings -
    1. Pakistan
    2. India
    3. Afghanistan
    4. Sri Lanka
    ....
    5. Bangladesh
    6. Hong Kong, UAE, etc

    I believe Bangladesh will regress very very badly with Sakib, Mushy, Tamim, Masrafe losing form/retiring in the next 2-3 years. After that they will be competing with Nepals, Hong Kongs etc. They will return to their original state. I can't see any good talent emerging from Bangladesh. Such talentless country in terms of cricketing skills.
    Then why are you always rank around below 5 ranking in all formats. ?
    India won 2 champions trophy and was finalist in 2017 champions trophy where they even beat pakistan in league match single handedly.
    Nobody not even icc take champions trophy seriously that's why they have scrapped this nonsense from next time.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Afghans actually has become a good side even in Test here in PP because they won few T20 against No. 10 ranked team and has won couple of ODIs on conditions that perfectly suits their game... that too batting first on an under prepared track. In fact, they are actually better than BD in Test as well.

    Though, just about a month back one team came from WIN winning both LO series, but that can be taken as outlayers - statistical anomaly, it happens by fluke. Similarly, IND hammered one team playing back to back game inside 30 overs, but that was one bad day, another fluke. ItÂ’s a problem when another team loses to IND playing 2 games within 15 hours in 2 different venues - thatÂ’s lack of class.

    As I said, I'll have to change my style here in PP, if I am to survive here for long - which lives by the day. I have to leave my dignity, my principal & my shame at home. The day I am high (say BD wins), IÂ’ll have to muddle around everything and everyone - the day I am down, just go AWOL for couple of days and come back with next agenda with a thick skin.

    I can post some of the posts from posters of this very thread itself just before the start of this Asia Cup regarding our prospect in this tournament, about qualifying for Super 4, about highest scorers or MoS and troll around that - but I wonÂ’t go to that path because I have shame & self dignity - I take ownership of every word I write. ItÂ’s not that BD is going to win every game - therefore itÂ’s a choice between ek din ka Sultan or being an involved member to pass time - I had chosen the 2nd, otherwise using one of my 7-8 devices to create a separate ID with an unique IP to troll around isnÂ’t a big deal, just distasteful.

    Coming to BD cricket - indeed it’s the biggest challenge to phase out generation. Cricket is an unique game that’s learned by the longer format, which is diminishing gradually, and that’s is the biggest challenge for us - young generation isn’t ready to work hard. Taskin is 23 now, 6’2” and genuinely quick - he had a 10-12 crore earning in 2-3 years from cricket, now owns a mega restaurant which earns him more than enough for his life style, why bother for 10-12 hours hard work per day & an extremely restricted life style?

    Talent is something thatÂ’s not genetical and I explained that in many other posts. A skilled based team game like Cricket, itÂ’s the system that produces professionals, not genetics. Unless, our cricket board can establish that system, it wonÂ’t survive for long, for sure.
    I very much respect your views brother. You are a very knowledgeable poster from whom we can all learn.

  70. #70
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    I very much respect your views brother. You are a very knowledgeable poster from whom we can all learn.
    Thanks. No issues.

    I understand your logic of putting AFGs better than us in Test - natural talent & future potential, and SRLs come also ahead in LOs ..... this time because of past record.

    Do you know the key to be successful as a blogger - when you get someone agree on your logic, writing against him or her. Try to develop that, you'll enjoy your own post and never be shy to return back there.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDfanforever View Post
    Maybe it applies to players like Taskin, Nasir, etc only. They were never really that good to begin with.

    How come Ronaldo is still playing and hungry for more? I am pretty sure he has enough money to just relax at his home for the rest of his lives and still won't run out of money.

    Problem is with our some of our players mindset..luckily it's not all otherwise Tamim, Mushy, Shakib, and Mahmuddlulah would have retired long ago.
    Couldn't you give a better example than CR07 - I mean, guy is nobody compared to our boys playing the greatest game on earth - Cricket.

    Taskin's example came because he had the talent & God gifted physique to become something in Cricket - and he is wasting that. Otherwise there are millions in BD who would sacrifice lot to become even a BPL cricketer.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Thanks. No issues.

    I understand your logic of putting AFGs better than us in Test - natural talent & future potential, and SRLs come also ahead in LOs ..... this time because of past record.

    Do you know the key to be successful as a blogger - when you get someone agree on your logic, writing against him or her. Try to develop that, you'll enjoy your own post and never be shy to return back there.
    I think it is important to point out 2 things.

    1. I am a Pakistan fan but fully accept we have many deficiencies and India are ahead of us - I still think we would best India in tests on neutral territory however.

    2. When I criticise BD it is not gloating. I apologise if it comes across like that. It is simply that BD have not improved as much as hoped - especially in tests. Also, there is no talent to replace the golden generation. Afghans could also become better then

    Finally - Pakistan in Odis in the short term!

  73. #73
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    26,520
    Mentioned
    2116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    I think it is important to point out 2 things.

    1. I am a Pakistan fan but fully accept we have many deficiencies and India are ahead of us - I still think we would best India in tests on neutral territory however.

    2. When I criticise BD it is not gloating. I apologise if it comes across like that. It is simply that BD have not improved as much as hoped - especially in tests. Also, there is no talent to replace the golden generation. Afghans could also become better then

    Finally - Pakistan in Odis in the short term!
    You point 2 has nothing to put BD at 5, even before the Asia Cup - you can check your own post just few days back on the prospects of Asia Cup.

    In future, what'll happen no one knows - don't you think that it would have been foolish to put WIN behind BD even in 2010, considering the trend where their cricket was heading?

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    9,958
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok all jokes aside, Bangladesh on balance vies for 3rd with Sri Lanka.

    Afghanistan is one dimensional, and success depends on wickets with purchase in it for their spinners. Flat tracks they will struggle and get plundered. Their batting is that of No. 5 team.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Attock
    Runs
    3,231
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it is not. Bangladesh need top quality fast bowlers to win matches against top sides.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Jul 2016
    Runs
    531
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    You point 2 has nothing to put BD at 5, even before the Asia Cup - you can check your own post just few days back on the prospects of Asia Cup.

    In future, what'll happen no one knows - don't you think that it would have been foolish to put WIN behind BD even in 2010, considering the trend where their cricket was heading?
    BD are certainly a better ODI team then WI. WI are ahead in tests. I expected BD to lose the recent ODI series to WI - they performed admirably to win that.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    8,553
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People who are putting bangladesh behind aghnaistan because they lost a match to them are not right.Bangladesh have a good balanced side and i hope they beat afghanistan next time they meet.Out side Asia bangladesh is easily the better side and i will keep them at 3after India and pak.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    1,672
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Googly View Post
    Forget the test series in Dubai. Pakistan are far superior to SL in every level.

    Bd are so terrible in tests that Afghans are clearly going to go ahead of them in this format too.
    Didn't Pakistan just got destroyed against India and almost lost yesterday against Afghanistan? Bangladesh scored more runs against India than Pakistan scored in their previous match. I agree that we lost badly against Afghanistan but u have to keep in mind that we fielded our C team in that match in order to do some experiment. Furthermore, against India our players were extremely tired for playing back to back matches in this unbearable playing condition, all thx to the pathetic scheduling by ACC.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    12,767
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RainMan_ View Post
    Didn't Pakistan just got destroyed against India and almost lost yesterday against Afghanistan? Bangladesh scored more runs against India than Pakistan scored in their previous match. I agree that we lost badly against Afghanistan but u have to keep in mind that we fielded our C team in that match in order to do some experiment. Furthermore, against India our players were extremely tired for playing back to back matches in this unbearable playing condition, all thx to the pathetic scheduling by ACC.
    Mate you have won four maximum five games against Pakistan since your creation.
    Show some humility.

  80. #80
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    12,767
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^
    It is four odi’s...

    Four ODI’s and not a single test match.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •