Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 471
  1. #1
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Sachin Tendulkar - Mega Discussion Thread

    Sachin has been playing cricket for a long time.... since he was 16....

    This means that it must be very difficult to catch him in terms of runs scored.....

    Based on the list attached.... (current players with over 4000 runs)....

    Is there anyone in with a chance of catching him?

    UPDATED at 28/5/11
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by freelance_cricketer; 20th July 2012 at 19:05.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    14,188
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Graeme smith and Alastair cook. No one else really.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,441
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    At this time, I don't think so. Some prodigy will no doubt appear decades hence, though.

    Cook will get 10,000 though.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smith can. He has both form and age on his side. Even Cook can be a distant challenger provided he steps up his game. No team plays more Tests than England. Sachin might have started young but he hardly got a healthy number of games when he was at his best. I remember he got a shameful 3 Tests in 1994 or 95. People who started 7 years late, for ex. Dravid and Ponting, have almost caught up with him as far as No. of Tests goes.
    Last edited by Aditya Khanna; 28th November 2010 at 14:14.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    At this time, I don't think so. Some prodigy will no doubt appear decades hence, though.

    Cook will get 10,000 though.

    Cook will be a unique case. Member of the 10k club with a sub 50 average.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    7,464
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its doubtful.

    1. Like you said, Sachin started at 16 and has played forever.

    2. India play a LOT of matches.

    3. He's played half his matches in India. Flat tracks galore. PS: Not saying he's a FTB.

    4. T20. This means more IT20s, so less ODI's and Test matches.

    5. IPL......

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have added current PAKISTAN "Youngsters" to the list.....

    I have also added columns for innings per 50 and innings per 100.

  8. #8
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    1,803
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graeme Smith might have had a chance if he didn't keep breaking his fingers.


    "Oh, lovely, lovely. Well, look, I'd love to stop and chat but I'd rather have type 2 diabetes."

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    649
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Its doubtful.

    1. Like you said, Sachin started at 16 and has played forever.

    2. India play a LOT of matches.

    3. He's played half his matches in India. Flat tracks galore. PS: Not saying he's a FTB.

    4. T20. This means more IT20s, so less ODI's and Test matches.

    5. IPL......
    SRT Test Matches
    home 79 , Runs 6547, Average 56.93
    away 95, Runs 7819 , Average 56.25

  10. #10
    Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    12,193
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Graeme smith and Alastair cook. No one else really.
    Cook ? dont make me laugh lol

  11. #11
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    14,188
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atif View Post
    Cook ? dont make me laugh lol
    started from a young age. If he starts averaging 50 (which could happen), he could overtake Sachin.

    More likely to be smith though than anyone.

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    12,193
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    started from a young age. If he starts averaging 50 (which could happen), he could overtake Sachin.

    More likely to be smith though than anyone.
    I very much doubt that will happen...

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SLightly unrelated but an interesting stat......

    The following players get a 50 every 4 innings......

    SM Katich (Aus)
    TT Samaraweera (SL)
    VVS Laxman (India)
    S Chanderpaul (WI)
    R Dravid (ICC/India)
    JH Kallis (ICC/SA)

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The following players score a century at least every 7 innings

    SR Tendulkar (India)
    RT Ponting (Aus)
    KC Sangakkara (SL)
    Mohammad Yousuf (Pak)
    JH Kallis (ICC/SA)
    V Sehwag (ICC/India)
    DPMD Jayawardene (SL)
    Younis Khan (Pak)
    GC Smith (ICC/SA)
    KP Pietersen (Eng)
    AJ Strauss (Eng)
    Last edited by MR__KHAN__JI; 28th November 2010 at 14:53.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 1 player is on both lists.....

    Could HE catch Sachin?

  16. #16
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,917
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    Its doubtful.

    1. Like you said, Sachin started at 16 and has played forever.

    2. India play a LOT of matches.

    3. He's played half his matches in India. Flat tracks galore. PS: Not saying he's a FTB.

    4. T20. This means more IT20s, so less ODI's and Test matches.

    5. IPL......
    Is the number of matches the only reason why Sachin is so far ahead? Before this year, the difference between Sachin and Ponting was only 400 odd runs and 4 centuries. Now at the end of 2010, Sachin is 2100 runs and 10 centuries ahead. He seems to have found a rich vein of form.
    Last edited by Indiafan; 28th November 2010 at 14:50.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    New York City
    Runs
    2,926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think umar gul wil make it if he continues playing on flat tracks

  18. #18
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    649
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MR__KHAN__JI View Post
    Only 1 player is on both lists.....

    Could HE catch Sachin?
    difficult for Kallis to do that..age is not on his side...though his allrounder stats will never be matched...

  19. #19
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,441
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakroyals View Post
    difficult for Kallis to do that..age is not on his side...though his allrounder stats will never be matched...
    And yet Kallis has never won a match with the ball.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    1,803
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't have to.


    "Oh, lovely, lovely. Well, look, I'd love to stop and chat but I'd rather have type 2 diabetes."


  21. #21
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    8,401
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its going to be etched in the annals of the game forever. Much like Sir Jack Hobbs record of 61K first class runs and 197 centuries. Legend!

    I dont see anyone coming anywhere close from the current set of players. Ponting/Dravid/Kallis will retire before Sachin, Smith & Sehwag are the best bets but I just dont see them scoring prolifically with enough consistency.


    Hammad Azam - Remember the name !

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    7,323
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Looking at his form, Sachin could outlast the likes of Smith and Cook!

    On a serious note, I don't think Sachin is done yet, we play a lot of test matches (and 80% of them away from home in SA, WI, Eng and Aus) in the next 15 months. Don't see Sachin going out before this cycle ends.

    Only when he reitres, will we get to know whats the mountain the contenders have to conquer.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    16,684
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His ODI record will stand the test to time forever like Bradman's 99.9 avg in test....


    "You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

  24. #24
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Zero Point
    Runs
    5,691
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Looking at his form, Sachin could outlast the likes of Smith and Cook!

    On a serious note, I don't think Sachin is done yet, we play a lot of test matches (and 80% of them away from home in SA, WI, Eng and Aus) in the next 15 months. Don't see Sachin going out before this cycle ends.

    Only when he reitres, will we get to know whats the mountain the contenders have to conquer.
    But Don't you think Sachin Should Retire soon to give some other players to achieve some International Fame??

    S. Badrinath one of the best in Indian Domestic Circuit still does not have any chance to play international cricket as because India's Senior players still hungry for more fame and money..

    I think, Sachin Has Achieved all those things which he wanted to achieve. Not Only Him, Dravid, Laxman also needs to take themselves out of the team. Or India Can use the rotation policy to mix the experience and youth which will help the youth to gain a lot of experiences from the experienced guys..

    Anyways, I don't think, Sachin Record can be broken especially his total International Runs will be too much to take over for other players. And In Modern Day cricket , I can't see there is enough scope for players to have a 20+ yrs Successful career.
    Last edited by Passion4Pakistan; 28th November 2010 at 16:38.


    !!! I PakPassin !!!

  25. #25
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,441
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SempreSami View Post
    He doesn't have to.

    He does have to in order to be considered a great all-rounder, instead of a great batsman and support bowler.

  26. #26
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    29,441
    Mentioned
    1024 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Smith in 29 with 7300 test runs. I think he will finish on around 13,000.

    Cook is aged 25 and has 4,300 test runs. He could have 100 tests left and it seems plausible that he will top out at around 14,000.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    290
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One word answer (although i am writing a ton): NO

  28. #28
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    488
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlikely. However, one should not be too preoccupied with statistics.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    7,323
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Passion4Pakistan View Post
    But Don't you think Sachin Should Retire soon to give some other players to achieve some International Fame??

    S. Badrinath one of the best in Indian Domestic Circuit still does not have any chance to play international cricket as because India's Senior players still hungry for more fame and money..

    I think, Sachin Has Achieved all those things which he wanted to achieve. Not Only Him, Dravid, Laxman also needs to take themselves out of the team. Or India Can use the rotation policy to mix the experience and youth which will help the youth to gain a lot of experiences from the experienced guys..

    Anyways, I don't think, Sachin Record can be broken especially his total International Runs will be too much to take over for other players. And In Modern Day cricket , I can't see there is enough scope for players to have a 20+ yrs Successful career.
    These guys are all scoring runs. Why should age be a factor as long as they are doing the job they have been asked to.

    On them achieveing everything, well India becoming no 1 (even though most non-Indian don't agree with that ranking) has given them a fresh energy to carry on. These guys have toiled so hard and now that they have taken their team to no 1, why would they want to silently walk away and give other teams a chance to topple us?

    On the rotation policy, we are doing exactly that in the ODIs, unfortunately not too many of our youngsters have been able to be consistent enough to put pressure on these legends. Kohli is on the right track and will be ready in an year's time if he can keep his focus and have a good work ethic. We pushed out Ganguly even when he was batting so well, but since then none of the options we have tried has been consistent and grabbed the opportunity yet.

    Also what you need to consider is that everytime these legends have a sword hanging over them, they pile on the runs like VVS against the Lankans and Aussies or Dravid in the last series.

    The way things are going , I feel Dravid will be the first to walk away, probably after the SA series. VVS and Sachin for sure will have a go in one more series in Australia in Dec 2011-Jan 2012.

  30. #30
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Kallis has an outside chance.... if he has a really good year...

    Graeme Smith has a chance if he plays enough games....

    Cook could get close.... but needs to become more prolific.... he has a good base....

    No-one else really has a chance.....

  31. #31
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    He does have to in order to be considered a great all-rounder, instead of a great batsman and support bowler.
    Just like Flintoff never won a match with the bat.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    649
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    Just like Flintoff never won a match with the bat.
    hehe good one, though flintoff was an allrounder only for england..for rest of the world, he was primarily a bowler who hit high only for an year..ordinary before, ordinary after...

  33. #33
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    2,405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakroyals View Post
    hehe good one, though flintoff was an allrounder only for england..for rest of the world, he was primarily a bowler who hit high only for an year..ordinary before, ordinary after...

    As far as bowling goes

    Flintoff 226 wickets @ 32.78
    Kallis 267 wickets @ 31.9

  34. #34
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are only two players in my eyes one player who have capability to match Tendulkar. Only if he starts using his head and common sense. He have every shot in the book, Age is on his side, he have impressed many. I hope he finds the right guidence and his cricket board is run by bafoons UMAR AKMAL

    Secondly this guy is going every where scoring hundreds and fifties like there is no tomorrow these days.
    Hashim Amla
    Last edited by optimusprime1122; 28th November 2010 at 19:56.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimusprime1122 View Post
    There are only two players in my eyes one player who have capability to match Tendulkar. Only if he starts using his head and common sense. He have every shot in the book, Age is on his side, he have impressed many. I hope he finds the right guidence and his cricket board is run by bafoons UMAR AKMAL

    Secondly this guy is going every where scoring hundreds and fifties like there is no tomorrow these days.
    Hashim Amla
    Too early to suggest the name of :umarakmal.....

    But unless he plays we wont see him progress up the list....

    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=111863

  36. #36
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many matches did Sobers win with the ball? I never saw him play....

  37. #37
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its pretty frustrating for fast bowlers. They bowl a ball at waist height to Sachin and the umpire calls it a wide because its over head-height for Sachin. So they try a yorker but Sachin pulls it to the midwicket fence with such lofty (don't make fun of his height) grace and elegance. Superb to watch. What a majestic batsman.

  38. #38
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the number of runs you score is inversely proportional to how tall you are and directly proportional to how fat you are.

  39. #39
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyways, anyone who comes even close to Sachin just can't handle the pressure once the comparisons start coming in. Imagine, "He's got the weight of Sachin on his shoulders!"
    Or the snide remarks, "He stands shoulder to shoulder with Sachin!"

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Venue
    U.A.E.
    Runs
    22,066
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody from this list will catch him but in future somebody for sure will break his records. All records are there to be broken, no record is unbreakable even Bradman's record also.

    Cook and Smith will not come close to 12,000 test runs.


    Women will no longer be able to give birth to the likes of Khalid- Hazrat Abu Bakr (RA)

  41. #41
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    9,309
    Mentioned
    2309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    There is a very good chance that in coming decades T20 and ODI will take more matches away from Tests. So i doubt the test records set by Murli and Tendulkar will be broken in next few decades.
    Australia and England plays probably most number of tests but very rarely some teenager players gets chance to play for these teams.

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UmraBad 102 SL colombo street
    Runs
    3,859
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imran fahrat
    sir ravinder jadeja
    and classy left hander lol

    on a serious note shim amla


    pak sar zameen zindabad

  43. #43
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    13,808
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimusprime1122 View Post
    There are only two players in my eyes one player who have capability to match Tendulkar. Only if he starts using his head and common sense. He have every shot in the book, Age is on his side, he have impressed many. I hope he finds the right guidence and his cricket board is run by bafoons UMAR AKMAL
    Secondly this guy is going every where scoring hundreds and fifties like there is no tomorrow these days.
    Hashim Amla
    Umar Akmal? comparing him to Tendulkar? That is the biggest joke of the century.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    2,007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not in my lifetime. I think the number of runs he eventually retires with will stand the test of time just as Don's average will. I will be happy to be proved wrong on both accounts though

  45. #45
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    3,966
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everyone plays for records like Tendulkar.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    4,155
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tendu plays for records

    A great player but not the greatest

    In my eyes:selfish, cravan and not the greatest

  47. #47
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    13,808
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Is the number of matches the only reason why Sachin is so far ahead? Before this year, the difference between Sachin and Ponting was only 400 odd runs and 4 centuries. Now at the end of 2010, Sachin is 2100 runs and 10 centuries ahead. He seems to have found a rich vein of form.
    You are right about that. lots of home game

  48. #48
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    12,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yea he must be wondering somewhere in Mumbai streets. Anyone can catch him.

  49. #49
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    42,849
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    AB de villiers is another one who is not so old and is coring a lot of runs as well. He is a strong contender


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    55,658
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    nobody will ever reach the heights this little fella has attained in international cricket.

    he is a freak, a genius, a once in a lifetime talent.

    nobody will ever come close.


    Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

  51. #51
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaaniyat View Post
    Umar Akmal? comparing him to Tendulkar? That is the biggest joke of the century.
    Since u are laughing loud do some work check out the stats of Sachin for his first 13 matches
    check out number of fifties and hundreds
    check out average
    check out the effect of his innings on the match
    check out the condition

    Remember Umar Akmal haven't played a single international ODI T20 or a TEST at home or in INDIA played well in Srilanka where he got his hundred. He have been playing in swinging and bowling friendly conditions.
    I tell u wat though he is better and more stylish than Tendulkar when he came on International level. What about his future I don't know but I suggested his name because he is better player than any other international batsmen of his age. So when when Ramiz or any other says he is the big talent after a long time this is wat they mean . Now its up to him he got skills either he use them or end up like Mohammad Aamer thats his hard work his ambition but if he does it I ill prove all of ya wrong.
    Last edited by optimusprime1122; 29th November 2010 at 05:08.

  52. #52
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    13,808
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimusprime1122 View Post
    Since u are laughing loud do some work check out the stats of Sachin for his first 13 matches
    check out number of fifties and hundreds
    check out average
    check out the effect of his innings on the match
    check out the condition

    Remember Umar Akmal haven't played a single international ODI T20 or a TEST at home or in INDIA played well in Srilanka where he got his hundred. He have been playing in swinging and bowling friendly conditions.
    I tell u wat though he is better and more stylish than Tendulkar when he came on International level. What about his future I don't know but I suggested his name because he is better player than any other international batsmen of his age. So when when Ramiz or any other says he is the big talent after a long time this is wat they mean . Now its up to him he got skills either he use them or end up like Mohammad Aamer thats his hard work his ambition but if he does it I ill prove all of ya wrong.
    OK I won't laugh, if you stop comparing him to any cricketer Umar Akmal is a flash in the pan. He is, what Afridi was 16 years ago, a wasted talent. Now I must admit, he is a good T20 player.
    Last edited by insaaniyat; 29th November 2010 at 05:15.

  53. #53
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    55,658
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    all the Akmal brothers - Kamran Adnan Rehman Irfan and Umar - COMBINED cannot make the runs has made!

    quit dreaming!


    Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

  54. #54
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    639
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimusprime1122 View Post
    Since u are laughing loud do some work check out the stats of Sachin for his first 13 matches
    check out number of fifties and hundreds
    check out average
    check out the effect of his innings on the match
    check out the condition

    Remember Umar Akmal haven't played a single international ODI T20 or a TEST at home or in INDIA played well in Srilanka where he got his hundred. He have been playing in swinging and bowling friendly conditions.
    I tell u wat though he is better and more stylish than Tendulkar when he came on International level. What about his future I don't know but I suggested his name because he is better player than any other international batsmen of his age. So when when Ramiz or any other says he is the big talent after a long time this is wat they mean . Now its up to him he got skills either he use them or end up like Mohammad Aamer thats his hard work his ambition but if he does it I ill prove all of ya wrong.

    Am I missing something? The only real bowling friendly conditions he's played on was the 2nd test in Australia and the 4 or 5 of the test matches in England, and he failed to pass 50 in all of them.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    2,477
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With any sport there is a physical talent as well as mental setup which results in weak/strong work ethic.

    All the young players when they start they are hungry for runs/wickets and then slowly the parties/money/fame/girls starts getting to them. Some are affected a bit, others more while some are absolutely consumed by it.

    Sachin had loads of talent when he started but the way he has kept going for so long is beyond imagination. He is still hungry for runs and his work ethic is and always has been in the top bracket.

    To prove my case in point Umar Akmal and Virat kohlis of today already act on the field as if they have made 30,000 runs. However much talent they have I can see them already having egos bigger then Mount Everest. Such ego normally results in shortening of careers as we are already seeing with Umar.

    To be fair to such players it is a very hard thing to do. With people treating you as god (when you are a teenager) almost always goes to your head. If I hit a good score at my club I feel like a tough SOB for a month! lol.

    Because of all this ethic (and resulting fitness) he has managed to play a lot of games as well. Lots of talented careers have been cut short by injuries etc.

    All these factors and not to forget some luck - very hard for all these to happen again.

  56. #56
    Debut
    Jul 2006
    Runs
    18,917
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBowler View Post
    Not everyone plays for records like Tendulkar.

    Yes and making 100s in test is not going to help the team at all. I think this explains Pak not crossing 300 before YK and Misbah came in the team. I think Pak batsmen dont play for records

  57. #57
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its way too early to be talking about :umarakmal.... in this context...

    BUT if we want him to be a success.... he has to be batting with

    http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=111863

  58. #58
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    DOHA-Rwp-London
    Runs
    14,230
    Mentioned
    619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    well hes short and tiny ,, might be able to catch him


    Interested in talking about your own game? Click on My Cricket

    Follow @PakPassion on Twitter

  59. #59
    Debut
    Mar 2005
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    7,561
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricky Ponting should have a solid year and a half to two years after Sachin retires to try and catch up to him in tests. He could do it if he hits a rich vein of form. Beyond that, Kallis has a chance (btw I would say this is a matchwinning effort with the ball for him: http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64041.html) and among the younger players Cook, Amla and AB all could do it but they have a long way to go


    Proud Supporter of Pakistan!

  60. #60
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    185
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace58 View Post
    Am I missing something? The only real bowling friendly conditions he's played on was the 2nd test in Australia and the 4 or 5 of the test matches in England, and he failed to pass 50 in all of them.
    Newzealand tour.

  61. #61
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Your home
    Runs
    10,077
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ponting deserves to over take Sachin. He has been the captain as well which makes life tough in the middle. With so much responsibility on his shoulder he has saved australia many times from crisis situations and also played match winning innings. Also got the title "Sir Ricky Ponting" in my books.


    Rana the flying doormat!!! - Shane Warne

  62. #62
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    42,849
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think a new player should start his career in his home country and its pakistans bad luck we cant provide this to our youngsters.Umar akmal has done well keeping in mind that he has not played in his country yet , so has fawad and azhar ali. These guys will take some time to start giving their best.Bowling friendly or not a foreign pitch is a foreign pitch and takes some experience to get adjusted to. I wish cricket comes back to pakistan in next three years and we can provide our youngsters this opportunity to play in their home country.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    7,431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkmix View Post
    Well yea he must be wondering somewhere in Mumbai streets. Anyone can catch him.
    Just try picturing that

  64. #64
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    7,464
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiafan View Post
    Is the number of matches the only reason why Sachin is so far ahead? Before this year, the difference between Sachin and Ponting was only 400 odd runs and 4 centuries. Now at the end of 2010, Sachin is 2100 runs and 10 centuries ahead. He seems to have found a rich vein of form.
    Ofcourse not. Thats another point, you have to play for THAT LONG, at that high level. People can do it for a year, maybe, even 10. Again adding to the impossibility of the task.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    36,183
    Mentioned
    3712 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    :kami will catch him don't you worry...

    Seriously though, probably Cook has the best chance of catching up with him of the current lot.

    Although i think it will be a 'new kid' who hasn't made his "entry" into international cricket yet. So Sachin's record is there to stay for decades...

  66. #66
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    42,849
    Mentioned
    591 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will catch him ,put him in a cage and present himto you.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    2,863
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    sehwag & greame smith look to be likely contenders

    sehwag has become very consistent over the last 2 years and hits a 70+ score almost every match these days with a few huge ones squeezed in between. and sehwag was the 2nd fastest to 7000 runs in tests & is well on his way to become fastest to 8000. if sehwag can maintain his consistency, then tendulkars record could well be history. even tendulkar has himself said that he would like to see an indian batsman break his records

    greame smith has over 7500 runs @ age 29 only. and among batsmen < 30 years of age, no one else has even 5000 runs. if greame smith plays for another 8 years atleast till he is about 37-38, he can break tendulkars records getting to almost 16000 runs (assuming 1000 runs/year)

  68. #68
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    1,443
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yaar, he may be a short dude but woh koi cricket ball hain jo catch karega !

  69. #69
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    1,354
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Zulfiqar View Post
    all the Akmal brothers - Kamran Adnan Rehman Irfan and Umar - COMBINED cannot make the runs has made!

    quit dreaming!
    how many brothers are they?

  70. #70
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    720
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any decent batsman who plays as many matches as sachin should beat all his records.....Bradman average & Afridi fastest 100 records will stay for ever

  71. #71
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    OZtRaLeYah
    Runs
    16,684
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WithLoveFromCanada View Post
    Ponting deserves to over take Sachin. He has been the captain as well which makes life tough in the middle. With so much responsibility on his shoulder he has saved australia many times from crisis situations and also played match winning innings. Also got the title "Sir Ricky Ponting" in my books.
    How many crisis situations has Ponting saved Australia from after Mcgrath, Warne, Gillespie, Hayden, Langer retired ? See that sorry a** side Ponting is captianing now ??? SRT during the 90's & early 2000's played with even less resources but was still getting props as the best bat going around, thats the difference....Ive said this before and say it now; The Bunny isnt even fit to carry SRT's shoe laces let alone touch the great man's record...
    Last edited by Romali_rotti; 30th November 2010 at 13:27.


    "You want Philly, Philly ? " Nicholas Edward Foles

  72. #72
    Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    55,658
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spoiled View Post
    how many brothers are they?
    that's the 5 I know of.

    may be more though


    Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

  73. #73
    Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    Brisbane, Australia
    Runs
    13,325
    Mentioned
    838 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Amla or AB are my best picks. But seriously I don't think either of them will get near him.

  74. #74
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    11,130
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Zulfiqar View Post
    that's the 5 I know of.

    may be more though
    I think 7 in total




    ... hor gunnay choopoo ...

  75. #75
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    14,762
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and a youngsta beauty cousin.....

  76. #76
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    The Abode of Gods
    Runs
    7,565
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kohli can be a contender.


    God himself favors the brave.
    To pay more is the easy way

  77. #77
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Delhi, India
    Runs
    2,863
    Mentioned
    522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IT_Khumbee View Post
    Any decent batsman who plays as many matches as sachin should beat all his records.....Bradman average & Afridi fastest 100 records will stay for ever
    sehwag has hit a 33-ball 100 in some indian domestic match once and symonds has a 34-ball 100 in 20/20

  78. #78
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    7,431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amit View Post
    sehwag has hit a 33-ball 100 in some indian domestic match once and symonds has a 34-ball 100 in 20/20
    Also David Hookes once hit a 34-ball 100 in domestic cricket. Keyword=domestic

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    17,229
    Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IT_Khumbee View Post
    Any decent batsman who plays as many matches as sachin should beat all his records.....Bradman average & Afridi fastest 100 records will stay for ever
    really?so Steve Waugh wasnt a decent bat?he had lesser runs n tons after 168 tests.

    why cant Afridi's record be broken with increasing T20s its become more possible.already been done in domestics,can be in intl. criket too.just needs to someone have a great day,not a great career

    Bradman's average will stay I agree

  80. #80
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    3,081
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farhat is getting there.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •