Instagram


The Cricket Paper

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 80 of 329
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Ronaldo vs Messi

    its gathering heat, both are doing fabulously well this season and are tied at 23 goals, ronaldo has had a good season however he hasn't been scoring since Barcelona pounded Madrid and had let messi catch up. however it seems like there well be plenty of goals this season between the two.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,251
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Messi is a better all round player and a better team player as well.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guys im talking about this season, who has been better this season and will be the world player of the year.

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,251
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    guys im talking about this season, who has been better this season and will be the world player of the year.
    Messi, Again a no contest.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    In my house.......
    Runs
    1,319
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo for me........


    Follow your dreamz.............

  6. #6
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,856
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi - Arguably the best player i've seen.

  7. #7
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    1,804
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread title annoys me because there's only one Ronaldo.


    "Oh, lovely, lovely. Well, look, I'd love to stop and chat but I'd rather have type 2 diabetes."

  8. #8
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    22,052
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    I was reading an old poster's account from another forum. He compared the two to Zico and Maradona.

    Messi being Maradona, he said are on a different level. While Zico (Ronaldo) is very greatly talented and on another level of being talented to other players, he is not at Maradona's level.


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    1,536
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zlatan is the best :p...

    on topic i think both are awesome players....

    Ronaldo is a better player skill wise...the guy is a freak of nature...super fast,equally good at using both his feets,has excellent accuracy and can take shots from a long range...his physique is excellent...he is in red hot form atm...ronaldo proved himself in 2 different leagues..

    messi is a team player....extremely valuable team player...there is no stopping him when he gets the ball...excellent close range shooter and dribbler....his passing is exceptional..though the only thing which lets him down is his physique...he is weak...


    PAKISTAN

  10. #10
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    guys im talking about this season, who has been better this season and will be the world player of the year.
    No contest really - Messi has been the better player, even the stats support that

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Tokyo
    Runs
    4,934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A-1 View Post
    zlatan is the best :p...

    on topic i think both are awesome players....

    Ronaldo is a better player skill wise...the guy is a freak of nature...super fast,equally good at using both his feets,has excellent accuracy and can take shots from a long range...his physique is excellent...he is in red hot form atm...ronaldo proved himself in 2 different leagues..

    messi is a team player....extremely valuable team player...there is no stopping him when he gets the ball...excellent close range shooter and dribbler....his passing is exceptional..though the only thing which lets him down is his physique...he is weak...
    Actually he is deceptively strong. Because of his built he has a very low center of gravity, which makes it extremely hard for defenders to knock him off the ball. Countless times he gets thrown off balance by a mistimed tackle while on the dribble yet still manages to maintain control of the ball. You need strength to be able to do that. The most recent example of this was in the friendly against Portugal in the setup play for the first goal.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 13th January 2017 at 19:18.


    Jo aql ka ghulam ho, woh dil na kar qubool
    Disown the heart that's slave to the mind
    -Iqbal

  12. #12
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Tokyo
    Runs
    4,934
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo is having a phenomenal time of it at Real Madrid. 67 goals and 17 assists in 71 games.

    But then you look at Messi over the same stretch: 87 goals and 30 assists in 87 games.

    Mind-blowing.


    Jo aql ka ghulam ho, woh dil na kar qubool
    Disown the heart that's slave to the mind
    -Iqbal

  13. #13
    Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    17,957
    Mentioned
    408 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Messi all the way, hands down.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Bed
    Runs
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messssssssiiiiii

  15. #15
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    13,944
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi any day.

    Ronaldo was a FORCE at United though.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    75
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi without a shadow of doubt.

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,251
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Messi is just head and shoulder above any player in the world! Fact!

  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    1,725
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't blame Ronaldo.

    When he gets a chance, he scores. And he creates something out of nothing a lot too.

    Can't do anything if the manager decides to play that way.

    We've all seen him scoring against the big sides for United and even Real, and in the big matches too.


    "Is that a raincoat?"
    "YES IT IS!"

  19. #19
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,370
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Messi is better.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 13th January 2017 at 19:19.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  20. #20
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    22,052
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo should have never left United. The gap between these two has become more noticeable since Ronaldo went to Real. Maybe because they have more head to head match ups but I think its also cause of the team Ronaldo plays for. They have these Stoke like tactics vs Barca and a player like Ronaldo is never going to flourish in such an environment.


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Ronaldo should have never left United. The gap between these two has become more noticeable since Ronaldo went to Real. Maybe because they have more head to head match ups but I think its also cause of the team Ronaldo plays for. They have these Stoke like tactics vs Barca and a player like Ronaldo is never going to flourish in such an environment.
    I would not be surprised to see ManU employ similar tactics (probably not as bad) if they face Barca in the final - no way they will try to take Barca on, sit back and play on the counter is what will happen

  22. #22
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    22,052
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    I would not be surprised to see ManU employ similar tactics (probably not as bad) if they face Barca in the final - no way they will try to take Barca on, sit back and play on the counter is what will happen
    We tried that last time and got killed. We put 10 guys behind the ball, hoofed it and hope Ronaldo did it all. This time, I don't know what we are to do. Either we pack the midfield and do a Real or we risk it. Say, ok you know what lets stick with our formation.

    At this point, I am in favour of our formation, even if it means we have to keep Nani on the bench. Giggs has to play cause of his form. Valencia helps defensively and Park is there to hassle Xavi/Messi. Rooney is the play maker and too will hassle Xavi. And then use Hernendez to push the defence back. Don't let the defence link with the midfield. Only change would be Fletcher for Carrick.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 13th January 2017 at 19:21.


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,856
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    I would not be surprised to see ManU employ similar tactics (probably not as bad) if they face Barca in the final - no way they will try to take Barca on, sit back and play on the counter is what will happen
    No doubt about it, Man Utd will not dare take on Barca in an open game.

    Of course, the British media will call it master tactics or the like but the truth is you just cannot open up against Messi and co and not recieve a footballing lesson.

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    11,161
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif khan View Post
    Of course, the British media will call it master tactics or the like but the truth is you just cannot open up against Messi and co and not recieve a footballing lesson.
    A footballing lesson in play-acting, cheating, whingeing and harassing the ref, of the sort delivered by both these cheating teams last night?

    Only one guy from the 22 on the pitch yesterday was trying to play football - kinda fitting that he got both the goals and all the accolades.

    On a different note, young Lionel's mental strength and fortitude is scarily impressive - he has this ability to shut out all the nonsense around him and focus on the game, and this, more than anything, separates the Champion Sportsmen from the mere greats.




    ... hor gunnay choopoo ...

  25. #25
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL. Messi is way better. The real Ronaldo is Ronaldo of Brazil.
    Even at Real Madrid, Christiano isn't the best, Kaka is.

    At international level, Messi is Ok and is starting to find his feet while C.Ronaldo sucks.

    No offense but i hate CR7. Messi is better....And i support Real Madrid


    Curtley talk to no-man

  26. #26
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    1,063
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taimur View Post
    LOL. Messi is way better. The real Ronaldo is Ronaldo of Brazil.
    Even at Real Madrid, Christiano isn't the best, Kaka is.

    At international level, Messi is Ok and is starting to find his feet while C.Ronaldo sucks.

    No offense but i hate CR7. Messi is better....And i support Real Madrid
    Firstly, how can you say Kaka is currently better than Ronaldo? There is no comparison because Kaka has hardly played for Real in recent times due to injuries.

    Also, in the Transfer Speculation thread you give the impression that you support Manchester United

    Anyway, back to the question at hand, I don't think there is a comparison really Messi is just in a league of his own. As a Manchester United fan, when Ronaldo was at Manchester Utd I (as most United fans) would prefer to believe that Ronaldo was superior. However to be honest there is no comparison. Both are great players but as I said, imo Messi is in a league of his own and could very well go on to become the greatest ever.
    Last edited by ozzy_07; 4th May 2011 at 14:29.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    136
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only reason i kinda support RM at 2nd is because Kaka plays. Im a bit angry at their tactics against Barca which are 'hold no possession' and then Jose is making excuses...:facepalm


    Curtley talk to no-man

  28. #28
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,175
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it comes down who I would want if I was a football manager and it is Messa 100 times out of a 100.

    Ronaldo is a world class player but Messi's attitude alongside his skill and effort makes him dynamite.

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Runs
    5,311
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I think everyone judges Ronaldo by the fact that hes a fool and cant be objective in these discussions...

    Ronaldo has proved himself in both the Premier League and La Liga...btw he scored 4 goals tonight so that leaves him with 50 in 52...Messi is 52 in 52 so theres a nice race for golden boot...

    A1's description of the two players is really good...Messi needs to be in a good side imo to succeed...

    And Ronaldo is better at International level...its worth asking how good Messi would be in the Premier League and in a side that doesn't have Iniesta and Xavi pulling the strings...

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Karachi for life!
    Runs
    5,906
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo all thr way.
    Better all round player.
    More pace, strength and aerial ability.
    Can score long range.
    And has almost same goals as Messi esp considering he's playing in a larely defensive unit

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPrince View Post
    Ronaldo all thr way.
    Better all round player.
    More pace, strength and aerial ability.
    Can score long range.
    And has almost same goals as Messi esp considering he's playing in a larely defensive unit
    They are only defensive when they played Barcelona, every other match (mainly La Liga) they go all out against teams

  32. #32
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Runs
    5,311
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    They are only defensive when they played Barcelona, every other match (mainly La Liga) they go all out against teams
    They really do...their last two away games in La Liga have been crazy...

  33. #33
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    In your imagination
    Runs
    2,029
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaykh1985 View Post
    Sometimes I think everyone judges Ronaldo by the fact that hes a fool and cant be objective in these discussions...

    Ronaldo has proved himself in both the Premier League and La Liga...btw he scored 4 goals tonight so that leaves him with 50 in 52...Messi is 52 in 52 so theres a nice race for golden boot...

    A1's description of the two players is really good...Messi needs to be in a good side imo to succeed...

    And Ronaldo is better at International level...its worth asking how good Messi would be in the Premier League and in a side that doesn't have Iniesta and Xavi pulling the strings...
    If you observe the playing style of both the players, you'd find that Ronaldo depends on his team-mates more than Messi who scores loads of goals from harmless positions due to individual skills.

    Every top attacking player would struggle without supply, but, Messi would do better than Ronaldo because he can receive the ball in harmless positions and create goals on his own.


    My one regret in life is that I am not someone else.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    102,251
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo scored hat-trick at wkend and is approaching 50 goals for season mark!

  35. #35
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    937
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronny D got another hat trick las nite

    Him and Messi cant stop scoring

  36. #36
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kabul, Afghanistan
    Runs
    47,101
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo for me ! Messi is a better man though

  37. #37
    Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    2,175
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo is amazing amazing amazing but and there is a big BUT, the second goal that Messia scored against Real Madrid in the first leg of the champions league sums up the difference between the two and why I feel that Messi is better.

    Messi took the game by the scruff the neck and took on loads of Real Madrid players and scored a wonder goal. Messi needed little help from his team mates for this goal. Likewise, Ronaldo was in one of the biggest games of his career and had an opportunity to create a moment of genius but did not do so. No excuses that he did not get any supply because Messi created his own goal.

    Ronaldo is awesome but we remember players like Maradona for creating their own wonder goals and Messi will be remembered in the same light if he continues but Ronaldo may not for this reason.

  38. #38
    Debut
    Feb 2007
    Venue
    World Of My Own
    Runs
    2,417
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Ronaldo Sets New Scoring Record

    So Ronaldo Sets New Scoring Record in La Liga History with his 39th and 40th goal in real madrid 8-1 win, which leaves him with 53 goals overall amazing. Messi was rested for barcelona's final La Liga game but does have a chance next saturday against Man Utd, Messi currently is on 52, 1 behind Ronaldo.



  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo has went on a ridiculous scoring spree of late, though not that much of a shock since they have nothing to play for - plus even Casillas said as a team they badly wanted Ronaldo to win an individual award so it seems like that is a big part of their play

    Still an insane scoring record for Messi and Ronaldo

  40. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,856
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great achievement by Ronaldo and shows what a truly wonderful player he is.

    Messi, obviously has not played last couple of games with the CL final in mind but he has also not scored since his brace at the Bernabeu in the semis.

    Overall, by some distance, these two clearly are the best players in the world at the moment in a distinctly uncompetitive La Liga.

    Ronaldo may now have the bragging rights but out of the two Messi has that genius factor about him that seperates the two imo.
    Last edited by Asif khan; 29th May 2011 at 20:50.

  41. #41
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing how many goals were put in by these two in the la liga, they are poles apart from the rest.

    however ronaldo really deserves the Ballon d'Or this season, putting in 53 goals as a winger is amazing.

  42. #42
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    amazing how many goals were put in by these two in the la liga, they are poles apart from the rest.

    however ronaldo really deserves the Ballon d'Or this season, putting in 53 goals as a winger is amazing.
    Except he has not been playing as a winger

  43. #43
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    22,052
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    Except he has not been playing as a winger
    And plays against some sub-standard defences.


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  44. #44
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    In your house
    Runs
    9,587
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No comparison- Messi!

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    Except he has not been playing as a winger
    apart from a few games lately i believe he has played as a winger mostly this season, defiantly for the first part of the season when higauin was there.

  46. #46
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    apart from a few games lately i believe he has played as a winger mostly this season, defiantly for the first part of the season when higauin was there.
    Not a few games - he has played all season up top, he is no longer a winger - the only thing that has changed for Real is the player alongside him (or Ronaldo by himself when they played Barca)

    Ronaldo is now a striker and he is the best striker in the world

  47. #47
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    8,461
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo for me! Messi is best in dribbling BUT Ronaldo is ahead of him as a striker!


    #1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

  48. #48
    Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur AK Pakistan
    Runs
    4,225
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    Ronaldo for me! Messi is best in dribbling BUT Ronaldo is ahead of him as a striker!
    hahahaha,biggest joke ever.
    Man messi has scored more goals.


    Join PTI in the Revolt for Freedom

  49. #49
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xohaib View Post
    hahahaha,biggest joke ever.
    Man messi has scored more goals.
    I think they have scored the same amount this season BUT Messi has more assists and plays a more withdrawn role than Ronaldo

  50. #50
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    messi's goal today means they both tie in all competitions. however ronaldo is way ahead if you look at la liga.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Zero Point
    Runs
    5,691
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    Ronaldo for me! Messi is best in dribbling BUT Ronaldo is ahead of him as a striker!
    Scoring 8-10 goals in last 3 games when they already lost the title to Barce does not really make him Better.

    People Only Remember those Performers who make their team Win, and Messi did that Ronaldo failed at it..

    Cheers.


    !!! I PakPassin !!!

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    2,080
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Passion4Pakistan View Post
    Scoring 8-10 goals in last 3 games when they already lost the title to Barce does not really make him Better.

    People Only Remember those Performers who make their team Win, and Messi did that Ronaldo failed at it..

    Cheers.
    Add to that Messi has 20 assists, Ronaldo just the 8.

    Messi has played 2-3 fewer games than Ronaldo.

    Messi has scored from 3-4 penalties. Ronaldo from 8-9 Penalties.

    Nuff Said!.


    Proud Fan of FC Barcelona and Pakistan Cricket Team

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,418
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Messi Messi Messi

    Ronaldo is'nt feet to tie his boots!

  54. #54
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,370
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    He's a class apart, he really is.

    You could ask any manager in the world about who he would build his team around. Each manager would say Lionel Messi including Mourinho.

    They don't come better than Messi.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  55. #55
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    He's a class apart, he really is.

    You could ask any manager in the world about who he would build his team around. Each manager would say Lionel Messi including Mourinho.

    They don't come better than Messi.
    would messi perform like he does at barco at any other club, dont think so, he has failed without innesta and xavi.

    ronaldo would be destructive as a striker if he had xavi and innesta behind him.

    both are great players but one thing is that they always fail in big matches, anyway like ancelloti says ill take rooney over messi anyday.

  56. #56
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    22,052
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    ^How can you say he fails in big matches when he has scored in two finals vs us....


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scoring does not make good players other wise berbatov would be world class.

    messi was lucky to get a goal today and it should have been saved, he was outdone by vidic and and to be bailed out by innesta and xavi a number of times.

    he was quite poor in the 2008 final as well.

  58. #58
    Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    21,824
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Messi seems like such a lazy player ... when really he's just biding his time until the precise right moment

  59. #59
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    1,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    scoring does not make good players other wise berbatov would be world class.

    messi was lucky to get a goal today and it should have been saved, he was outdone by vidic and and to be bailed out by innesta and xavi a number of times.

    he was quite poor in the 2008 final as well.
    best football analyst i've ever read.... no parallel... yea agree, messi was very lucky... goal post was a bit bigger in width otherwise the shot wud have been wide n those 2 he scored against madrid also had alot to play wid luck...... if he wud have been on the bench... how cud he have scored so yea he really was lucky to play against real
    Last edited by ehtesham; 29th May 2011 at 06:14.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to quote Alex Ferguson here, comments he made after the match

    "They do mesmerize you with the passing, and we never truly controlled Messi," Ferguson said. "But many people have said that."
    Maybe Fergie was watching a different match cos Suhaib reckons Messi was outdone, lucky and rattled out of the game

  61. #61
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    LOL, so just because you have been on sports corner from day 1 and been discussing football constantly does not make you a football pundit, i never claimed to have a superior knowledge of the game but you for someone who thinks hes all that and is an expert is quite lame because your posts reflect something else.

    as for carrick when he first came to utd he looked superb and had alot of talent to be a great midfielder but turned out to be a major let down, however never did i claim he was better than messi.
    I never said it makes me a pundit - I was merely highlighting I have been discussing football with regularity on this forum for years, you think I am sad enough to just discuss football after reading results of the new?

    On the Carrick point I never said you claimed he was better than Messi BUT you did say a few years back that Carrick was on par with Messi

  62. #62
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    I never said it makes me a pundit - I was merely highlighting I have been discussing football with regularity on this forum for years, you think I am sad enough to just discuss football after reading results of the new?

    On the Carrick point I never said you claimed he was better than Messi BUT you did say a few years back that Carrick was on par with Messi
    your posts say that not me.

    on carrick i only supported him at the begining of his career at united and thought he had potential to become a big name but dissappointed.

  63. #63
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    58,908
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    your posts say that not me.

    on carrick i only supported him at the begining of his career at united and thought he had potential to become a big name but dissappointed.
    So you admit that you claimed Carrick was on par with Messi? I rest my case

  64. #64
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,856
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suhaib,

    I don't post frequently on here but whenever i visit i always appreciate the posts of Geordie Ahmed who is probably the most weil-informed football fan on this forum.

    I'm not qualified to judge your views other than the few here and i have to say you appear to have an agenda against Messi - i can't blame you really, he is that good.

    Who is the best player in the world? I agree with the statement of Arda Turan (Galatasaray): "Messi or Ronaldo best player in the world? In the world, I would say Ronaldo. Messi is from another planet."

  65. #65
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,418
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Suhaib must be a Man Utd fan...most who I know love him and think he is the best because he represented them in the past.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif khan View Post
    Suhaib,

    I don't post frequently on here but whenever i visit i always appreciate the posts of Geordie Ahmed who is probably the most weil-informed football fan on this forum.

    I'm not qualified to judge your views other than the few here and i have to say you appear to have an agenda against Messi - i can't blame you really, he is that good.

    Who is the best player in the world? I agree with the statement of Arda Turan (Galatasaray): "Messi or Ronaldo best player in the world? In the world, I would say Ronaldo. Messi is from another planet."
    sorry but i don't have an agenda against him, i dont believe he is the best player in the world but one of the best players and the problem with people like geodie is that they believe there opinions to be as facts and anyone who doesn't agree with them no nothing about football. well informed or not but his posts make him look like a kid.
    Last edited by suhaib; 29th May 2011 at 16:37.

  67. #67
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,856
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    sorry but i don't have an agenda against him, i dont believe he is the best player in the world but one of the best players and the problem with people like geodie is that they believe there opinions to be as facts and anyone who doesn't agree with them no nothing about football. well informed or not but his posts make him look like a kid.
    Didn't you write:

    messi was lucky to get a goal today and it should have been saved, he was outdone by vidic and and to be bailed out by innesta and xavi a number of times.

    he was quite poor in the 2008 final as well.
    After reading that, i have to ask if you were watching a different game than everyone else?

    Whilst you are perfecty entitled to an opinion statements like that show something else...sour grapes...maybe?

    You may not think he is the best player in the world but most people do and let's not forget he is the current Ballon D'or holder and probably will win it again next season.

    Ps. the last final Messi tormented United was in 2009 not 2008.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,370
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    sorry but i don't have an agenda against him, i dont believe he is the best player in the world but one of the best players and the problem with people like geodie is that they believe there opinions to be as facts and anyone who doesn't agree with them no nothing about football. well informed or not but his posts make him look like a kid.
    But, who is the best then?

    Ronaldo is the only one even remotely close. Yet, even Ronaldo is miles behind Messi in terms of accomplishments.

    Messi is regarded as the best by almost every single football player/manager.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,856
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    But, who is the best then?

    Ronaldo is the only one even remotely close. Yet, even Ronaldo is miles behind Messi in terms of accomplishments.

    Messi is regarded as the best by almost every single football player/manager.
    Apparently.......................Carrick!!!

  70. #70
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif khan View Post
    Didn't you write:



    After reading that, i have to ask if you were watching a different game than everyone else?

    Whilst you are perfecty entitled to an opinion statements like that show something else...sour grapes...maybe?

    You may not think he is the best player in the world but most people do and let's not forget he is the current Ballon D'or holder and probably will win it again next season.

    Ps. the last final Messi tormented United was in 2009 not 2008.
    sour grapes, lol just go through the thread and you will find many sour grapes and i assure you none where man utd fans.

    i clearly gave credit to barco and they are the best team in the world, however like the game in 2009 messi was hardly anything near the messi we know. the game was controlled by innesta and xavi last time and again this time, take messi out of both games and score line and possention would have probably been the same, however if you leave messi there and take out innesta and xavi the score would have been well different.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    But, who is the best then?

    Ronaldo is the only one even remotely close. Yet, even Ronaldo is miles behind Messi in terms of accomplishments.

    Messi is regarded as the best by almost every single football player/manager.
    well this season i think ronaldo will win the Ballon D'or, however players and managers reactions change all the time, 2 years ago when ronaldo was at united every one called him the best in the world and after an average debut season in la liga suddenly he was well behind, this season hes done fantastic.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,370
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    well this season i think ronaldo will win the Ballon D'or, however players and managers reactions change all the time, 2 years ago when ronaldo was at united every one called him the best in the world and after an average debut season in la liga suddenly he was well behind, this season hes done fantastic.
    I think you'll be in for a shock.

    Messi is going to take the FIFA Ballon D'or again.

    *Both had identical goal numbers
    * Messi blows Ronaldo out of the water with assists
    * Messi won La Liga and CL Final
    Last edited by kingusama92; 29th May 2011 at 23:09.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  73. #73
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,856
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suhaib View Post
    well this season i think ronaldo will win the Ballon D'or, however players and managers reactions change all the time, 2 years ago when ronaldo was at united every one called him the best in the world and after an average debut season in la liga suddenly he was well behind, this season hes done fantastic.
    Can you please state why you think Ronaldo is going to win Ballon D'or and not Messi who has made a more positive impact in both La Liga (goals and assists when it really mattered) and the Champions league?

  74. #74
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    11,792
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    I think you'll be in for a shock.

    Messi is going to take the FIFA Ballon D'or again.

    *Both had identical goal numbers
    * Messi blows Ronaldo out of the water with assists
    * Messi won La Liga and CL Final
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif khan View Post
    Can you please state why you think Ronaldo is going to win Ballon D'or and not Messi who has made a more positive impact in both La Liga (goals and assists when it really mattered) and the Champions league?
    well ronaldo has a few more goals in la liga, however goals dont matter, ronaldo shined in madrid without much support he was there only performer, messi on the other hand had innesta and xavi supporting him. like i said before put xavi and innesta behind ronaldo and he would perform even better.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    40,370
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Another reason why Messi is class.

    Doesn't dive.
    Last edited by Muhammad10; 13th January 2017 at 19:33.


    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

  76. #76
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    8,542
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Judging by the title... I assumed it was "The Brazillian Ronaldo" but after looking at a couple of posts, it was actually Cristiano Ronaldo... There's only one Ronaldo.

    Messi versus Ronaldo - who's better, judging by their 2010-11 seasons?

    Statiscally Messi edges Ronaldo as Messi has scored 53 goals in 54 games, where Ronaldo has scored 50 goals in 50 games. Messi also tops in terms of assists HOWEVER, Ronaldo has finished as Laliga's top scorer with 40 goals, scoring 9 more then Messi... This makes Ronaldo #1 for golden boot. Overall Messi only JUST edges for me.

    However now let's distance our self away from stats. Just have a look at what Messi has acomplished, what he has achieved this year, how he has performed better then Ronaldo in big games and big evens and how Messi has a better attitude towards the game.

    It's simple... Messi is the greatest football right now, he's the best footballer right now and his performances + stats speak for it self. Therefore Messi over Ronaldo, for me... No doubt about that.


    Alexis Sanchez. Theo Walcott. Azhar Ali. Haris Sohail. Fawad Alam. Orochimaru.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    26,603
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the goal machine goes missing when it really needs. Looked lost in the UEFA Champions league final and now in the Euro cup as well.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    15,418
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo after Iceland match



    Can't stand this guy. Massive loser.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    2,450
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    the goal machine goes missing when it really needs. Looked lost in the UEFA Champions league final and now in the Euro cup as well.
    It could have been a different night for him, should have gone home with an assist and 2 goals but he nor his team had there shooting boots on.

    But at the same time, Messi has also gone missing.


    If you want to destroy a country, just create enmity between its people and their army - Salahuddin

  80. #80
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    15,132
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Messi is better imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •