Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricfan967 View Post
    It's the Pakistan domestic system. Many players get away with these kind of things until international level [Shabbir Ahmed] . I don't think this one's too serious though, looks like the thing Akhtar has with his arm.
    Well when you play for Pakistan A or under 19 Pakistan , then its intl game .. not under the umberalla of PCB ..... so if his action has problem it would have been highlighted by now ...

Life Isn't About Finding Yourself..Life Is About Creating Yourself

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Junaid Khan's bowling action is questionable" : Basit Ali

In a fresh blow to the Pakistan cricket team, fast bowler Junaid Khan is likely to be banned for suspect action. According to Basit Ali, former Pakistani batsman and cricket analyst, Junaid's action is objectionable.

junaid was drafted into Pakistan national team last week to participate in World Cup, beginning Feb 19. But according to experts his career is likely to end even before it starts.

"There is an evident jerk in Junaid's action. As he prepares for the World Cup, I think he will be banned in his first match itself," said Ali.

"No doubt he has played outside the country and has so far gone unnoticed, but at the ICC World Cup he will come under observation of expert umpires that would lead to his ban. I think Pakistan took a wrong decision by including him into World Cup squad," Ali added.

Read More at -- http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report...i/20110216.htm

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    UK England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no

Listen to your parents. Love them and respect them. Do not ever disobey or be rude to them

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mate as afridi has said in his recent interview some people will talk positve and some negative.I hope he will be impressive

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the pcb should have had his action tested out in australia a long time ago.

now if he gets banned that means he won't be able to play any further games until he gets his action tested in australia and gets the all clear.

so his world cup will be over and we will be short of player in the world cup.

shoaib akhtar, ajmal, shabbir, malik were all reported so mr basit ali might have point here.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    HYD-IND
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that would be disastrous for the kid

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would wait and see his bowling first, before believing any nonsense from any xyz.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Did a PP fan on here question Junaids action in one of the threads made about him? I hope this news isnt true.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon11 View Post
    the pcb should have had his action tested out in australia a long time ago.

now if he gets banned that means he won't be able to play any further games until he gets his action tested in australia and gets the all clear.

so his world cup will be over and we will be short of player in the world cup.

shoaib akhtar, ajmal, shabbir, malik were all reported so mr basit ali might have point here.
    I don't think reporting will come with an immediate ban. even if he is reported, he will be allowed to play until get tested in Australia. coming to the topic, it's just Basit's personal view and doesn't hold much weight.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    Did a PP fan on here question Junaids action in one of the threads made about him? I hope this news isnt true.
    Yes I remember quite a few PPers questioning his action.

... hor gunnay choopoo ...

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    basit shouldn't be worrying about junaid , waqar will take care of him .

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the true spirit of supporting your countrymen take notes...

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    we will see about it when it comes our way. Right now, just let the boys focus on their game.

He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.
    — Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Islamabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I agree wid basit his action looks to have a slight jerk to naked eye but cant say whether he is chucking or not ......

Umar Akmal, Sohaib Maqsood [Mindless Sloggers]

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOHAMMED_Umar View Post
    In a fresh blow to the Pakistan cricket team, fast bowler Junaid Khan is likely to be banned for suspect action. According to Basit Ali, former Pakistani batsman and cricket analyst, Junaid's action is objectionable.

junaid was drafted into Pakistan national team last week to participate in World Cup, beginning Feb 19. But according to experts his career is likely to end even before it starts.

"There is an evident jerk in Junaid's action. As he prepares for the World Cup, I think he will be banned in his first match itself," said Ali.

"No doubt he has played outside the country and has so far gone unnoticed, but at the ICC World Cup he will come under observation of expert umpires that would lead to his ban. I think Pakistan took a wrong decision by including him into World Cup squad," Ali added.

Read More at -- http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report...i/20110216.htm
    When Afridi said the former players have nothing better to do than criticize other players, I think this is the kind of stuff he meant. Even if Ali thought his action was problematic it was unfair on the youngster for him to air this publicly. I think his action is fine, the jerk comes from the wrist and not the elbow/arm and that is perfectly ok. If you see him in the T-20 thats what he looks like. Very disappointing comment from a former player who should be doing his utmost to encourage and support a talented youngster. I doubt very much that Basit Ali has even seen this guy live in action. And if so he should have commented on it at that point.

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointing stuff from Basis.Why make it pubic on the eve of the world cup?If he had any legitimate concerns should'veraised them when he was included in 30.Now is not the time to say oh he definitely will be banned.

we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also noticed this, but Im sure that he can make this world cup, its not that bad ;)

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If he get's banned then there are something real wrong with our domestic setup. Being a genuine fast-bowling nation we sould be the last country to have our players banned for suspect action.

What are the coaches at NA doing? What about The coaches of Pakistan A team? What about The umpires such as Zameer Haider, Nadeem Ghouri who both are international umpires and must have seen Junaid's action many times?

If a bowler can go unnoticed through this system and then be caught in a WC, then I am really worried abou lack of basic knowledge in our cricketing setup.

But let's pray his action is clean

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Oct 2005
    Venue
    Manchester United-Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    If he get's banned then there are something real wrong with our domestic setup. Being a genuine fast-bowling nation we sould be the last country to have our players banned for suspect action.

What are the coaches at NA doing? What about The coaches of Pakistan A team? What about The umpires such as Zameer Haider, Nadeem Ghouri who both are international umpires and must have seen Junaid's action many times?

If a bowler can go unnoticed through this system and then be caught in a WC, then I am really worried abou lack of basic knowledge in our cricketing setup.

But let's pray his action is clean
    Completely agree.Playing at mohalla level you look out for suspect action when you see a bowler for the first time so these guys should be held accountable if they are not doing their job properly.

we will not miss a 'never will be' like Malik. Drop Him For Good.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rubbish rubbish stuff from Basit Ali.... If he was so concerned he could have gone to meet with Junaid Khan and told him about the problem.. or he could have met selectors to raise his concern... As a former Pakistani batsman I have lot of respect for Basit Ali, but as an "ex-cricketer expert", he is showing not a great attitude.

And its not the problem of Basit Ali only. Most of the ex-cricketers that appear on TV/newspapers e.g. Basit Ali, Sarfraz Nawaz, Javed Miandad, Abdul Qadir etc. keep on criticising the players all the time. May be they think that criticising is the only way of becoming a popular expert ???

I have only seen Imran Khan and to some extent Wasim Akram encouraging the team ahead of World Cup. Even Shoaib Malik, who would have loved to be part of the team for sub-continent World Cup has pumped the team up in his recent interview. May be he holds grudges against several players in the currently selected team but he still didnt come against them in public, indeed he supported them.

God knows when our "ex-cricketers" will realize their responsibilites.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me personally it doesn;t look too bad oh well lets wait and see

The wise does at once what the fool does at last

WC IS OURS

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur A.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i think he watched too much of YOUTUBE.. thats really negative mindset from him.. just giving BS before the important WORLDCUP and giving the authority the more chance to keep an eye on him... more... these should be served notice to keep their mouth shut.

لاا اله الا الله استغفر الله سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظييم

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tahir_dj View Post
    i think he watched too much of YOUTUBE.. thats really negative mindset from him.. just giving BS before the important WORLDCUP and giving the authority the more chance to keep an eye on him... more... these should be served notice to keep their mouth shut.
    Thats kinda true they shouldn't be the ones questioning their own bowler i mean wait until he plays and than let ICC decide, As i said earlier his action doesn;t look too bad

The wise does at once what the fool does at last

WC IS OURS

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Mirpur A.K
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Thats kinda true they shouldn't be the ones questioning their own bowler i mean wait until he plays and than let ICC decide, As i said earlier his action doesn;t look too bad
    Am sure its not as worse as MALINGA
    or Jhonson

لاا اله الا الله استغفر الله سبحان الله وبحمده سبحان الله العظييم

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Venue
    Apnay ghar mai - aur kahan ?
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Basit being ultra smart here - the best way to establish a reputation a-la-Latif ie whistle-blower....

1. If Junaids action is fine - well, sorry I stand corrected
    2. If Junaids action is NOT file - well, didnt I say so? Pls visit my facebook page and follow me on twitter...

Win Win situation.

Btw, Akhtars action is dodgy ...

For answers to the Universe, Life and everything : TheSourceNews(TSN)

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    remember all the noise about ajmal in england
    he has a kink bla bla even though he had been cleared

if this junaid kid plays there will be massive pressure to get him banned.

there will be noises coming from england, india, australia, newzealand, south africa that he chucks it.

umpires will have no option but to report him

icc will be under pressure and prevent the kid from playing until action has been cleared.

what if junaid khan gets a fiver against england in semi-final and pakistan goes into final .
    then strauss starts moaning about his action or someone like botham.
    then he is reported and when he gets finally tested month or so later he is found that he chucks.
    imagine the uproar from england and media
    the icc wouldn't risk controvery like this.

i think thats why pakistan are reluctant to play junaid. they didn't play him against south africa, didn't play him against new zealand, and wasn't playing against bangladesh.
    i think coaches know there is doubt with his action , doubt that can only be cleared if he is tested.
    a thing pcb should have done half a year ago if they really think this lad is a future prospect.

i think he has been tested and cleared , his is a case of hyperextension

on the other hand shabbir and malik were banned and deemed illegal in maliks case it was the doosra not his normal offspinner i think.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a non Pakistani had said this, all hell would have broken loose by now.

Kapil my hero, Sachin my god.
    BLEED BLUE!!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ajmal to my eyes chucked his doosra when he started, just look at the odis vs aus, no one can say his arm was straight or within 15 degrees, he has worked hard to straighten his arm over the last year or two, but as a result his doosra spins away a lot less than it did vs australia back in abu dhabi odis and t20s.

it is still quite naive to assume his arm is always within 15 degrees, ps im not picking on ajmal, there are a lot of off spinners who play for other teams who chuck as well. the proliferation of bent arm off spinners is more down the the icc than the individuals tho. if u allow it, it will happen.

shoaibs arm hyper extends, there isnt much doubt about that.

i think even the team management may have there doubts if they dont play junaid in the next warm up game.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    We shall see.

Junaid Khan will have to prove him wrong.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he's played lots of games for Pakistan A and nothing has been said about his action in those tours.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    LALA-LAND-Ambassador to KASHMIR
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about these guys???
    Kyle mills

harbhajan singh

johann botha

lasith malinga

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well as far as I am concern our bowling coach is neither blind nor a kid .... his name is Waqar Younis ... I don't think you have to correct him or aqib javed on that regard that if they can see the flaw in the action or not .. if they feel there is something wrong which might damage him .. they will not even put him the hot water where he can find himself on wrong foot .. thats how I believe .. all others with all those opinions should just keep to themselves rather than making them public this way for their own advantages

Life Isn't About Finding Yourself..Life Is About Creating Yourself

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good going Basit...real nice

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    y do ppl constantly bring malinga into these topics, his action is one of the straightest arms going these days.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon11 View Post
    remember all the noise about ajmal in england
    he has a kink bla bla even though he had been cleared

if this junaid kid plays there will be massive pressure to get him banned.

there will be noises coming from england, india, australia, newzealand, south africa that he chucks it.

umpires will have no option but to report him

icc will be under pressure and prevent the kid from playing until action has been cleared.

what if junaid khan gets a fiver against england in semi-final and pakistan goes into final .
    then strauss starts moaning about his action or someone like botham.
    then he is reported and when he gets finally tested month or so later he is found that he chucks.
    imagine the uproar from england and media
    the icc wouldn't risk controvery like this.

i think thats why pakistan are reluctant to play junaid. they didn't play him against south africa, didn't play him against new zealand, and wasn't playing against bangladesh.
    HAHAHAHA what a "beautiful" story mate the kid hasn't even bowled a ball in International cricket..

Since when have been Pakistan reluctant to play him.. He was not selected for South Africa as there were other options who were in consideration. Yes for the NZ series, his name was in serious consideration but management (especially Afridi) wanted Sohail Tanvir in the team to have a new ball bowler... but it turned out that Sohail Tanvir wasn't fit enough...

Only 1 game (and that also a warm up game) has passed by now where Pakistan didnt play Junaid.. Yes if the other 14 players were played in the game and only Junaid was rested than your concern would have been ok. May be in next game one of the quickies from Gul/Wahab is rested and Junaid being played... Even thats quite possible that Pakistan play the same combination against England to keep the winning combination.

Even if Junaid doesn't get a game now, he would most probably get a game if Pakistan qualifies for quarterfinal and couple of final group games become dead-rubber.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If his arm in the above pic is bend then I need to see a doctor...

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it isnt and same here...i prob need to see a doctor aswell...people would rather just see talha or cheema in the side ahead of him hence all the insinuations of chucking and arm bending...

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has a jerk in his action that makes it seem as if he's throwing the ball but there isn't an obvious bend in his elbow. It's a different action but I don't think it's illegal.

And Prince_Pathan. You need to stop accusing people of being biased just because they disagree with you.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Pathan View Post
    it isnt and same here...i prob need to see a doctor aswell...people would rather just see talha or cheema in the side ahead of him hence all the insinuations of chucking and arm bending...
    bro, wat r u talking about? No one is asking for Cheema or Talha. Everyone here on PP is excited to see JK in action. However, this is absolutely un-necessary and pathetic stuff from Basit ali.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inswinger View Post
    He has a jerk in his action that makes it seem as if he's throwing the ball but there isn't an obvious bend in his elbow. It's a different action but I don't think it's illegal.

And Prince_Pathan. You need to stop accusing people of being biased just because they disagree with you.
    i didnt accuse anybody of being biased if you read above post...i just said am sure people would rather have the two other mentioned bowlers ahead of him...nobody randomly makes up a thread to suggest their own national team bowler chucks it
    without actually seeing him bowl properly...a couple of blurry youtube videos dont prove anything

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Pathan View Post
    i didnt accuse anybody of being biased if you read above post...i just said am sure people would rather have the two other mentioned bowlers ahead of him...nobody randomly makes up a thread to suggest their own bowler chucks it
    without actually seeing him bowl infront of their own eyes live on tv...
    Brother, let's not kid ourselves. Why did you come up with Talha and Cheema? Why not Tabish or Sohail?

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guys i did mention in my post that his action looks questionable.
    From the videos i have seen yes his action looks questionable.
    now it depends how far he bends he is allowed 15 only if he has any medical problems.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inswinger View Post
    Brother, let's not kid ourselves. Why did you come up with Talha and Cheema? Why not Tabish or Sohail?
    i dont know much about tabish...infact i dont know who he is
    sohail khan is lets be honest not that good lol

everybody mentions cheema and talha quite frequently

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    Basit being ultra smart here - the best way to establish a reputation a-la-Latif ie whistle-blower....

1. If Junaids action is fine - well, sorry I stand corrected
    2. If Junaids action is NOT file - well, didnt I say so? Pls visit my facebook page and follow me on twitter...

Win Win situation.

Akhtars elbow goes backward more than the usual arm which is straight when stretched... thats what causes his action to look dodgy... even though it isnt as he is stretching his arm straight and hence bent backwards...

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhaymid View Post
    Akhtars elbow goes backward more than the usual arm which is straight when stretched... thats what causes his action to look dodgy... even though it isnt as he is stretching his arm straight and hence bent backwards...
    but akhtar has hyper extension.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plz anybody put here any domestic match clip of his bowling ...plz ...

People fight for Religion
    People die for Religion
    But
    People do not follow the Religion

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its a forum, people give their opinions, no need to be paranoid about it dude.

Why would anyone have a vendetta against junaid khan? it jsut does not make any sense.

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do feel there is some thing wrong with his action but I am pretty sure its legal.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe right in saying but wrong timing.You don't tell these after a player gets selected for the national team.You have to sort it out earlier or leave it to the umpires later.

Why do we fall?

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    DOHA-Rwp-London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    618 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    talk about messing up someones confidence.....thank you basit ali....let the poor guy get a game first...

pehle hi shuru hojate hain loag

Interested in talking about your own game? Click on My Cricket

Follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    Turku , Finland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well if he had not said somebody will say it after watching him bowl .So its not about timing. People should be brave enough to face criticism instead of expecting others to only priase.
    We should respect cricketers opinions and find better ways to disagreeing instead of accusing them and questioning their loyalties.
    Last edited by sohailmm; 16th February 2011 at 15:07.

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    Lala Land - The President.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Living Legend of PakPassion Afridi_Fan thinks Basit Ali's does not know a squat about Junaid Khan's Bowling action. : PTI
    Last edited by Afridi_Fan; 16th February 2011 at 15:18.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Delhi,India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afridi_Fan View Post
    The Living Legend oof PakPassion Afridi_Fan thinks Basit Ali's does not know a squat about Junaid Khan's Bowling action. : PTI
    ye sahi hai Dr. Sahab ...ab living legend ne kaha hai to sahi hi hoga ....

People fight for Religion
    People die for Religion
    But
    People do not follow the Religion

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samiakh View Post
    When Afridi said the former players have nothing better to do than criticize other players, I think this is the kind of stuff he meant. Even if Ali thought his action was problematic it was unfair on the youngster for him to air this publicly. I think his action is fine, the jerk comes from the wrist and not the elbow/arm and that is perfectly ok. If you see him in the T-20 thats what he looks like. Very disappointing comment from a former player who should be doing his utmost to encourage and support a talented youngster. I doubt very much that Basit Ali has even seen this guy live in action. And if so he should have commented on it at that point.
    +1
    He said this in nothing other but in "Bolain Kiya Baat Hai" program which has always been stirring controversies and sensationalize events that have more to do with the cricketers personal life or PCB than the cricket itself.

I think the senior players should be helping rather than pulling youngsters down. If there is action issue, it is totally PCB failure once again. I hope BASIT is so wrong.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krishnan View Post
    Maybe right in saying but wrong timing.You don't tell these after a player gets selected for the national team.You have to sort it out earlier or leave it to the umpires later.
    +1 he should have raised the point early on or better shut up once JK was added to the team.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tahir_dj View Post
    Am sure its not as worse as MALINGA
    or Jhonson
    Agree bro if malinga can play than 4get about junaid his action looks ok to me

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I ask myself, who knows better about fast bowling basit ali or national coach waqar younis??

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I saw of Junaid.... his action is dodgy!! For his sake, I hope its not the case....

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit of hyper-extension/jerk similar to Akhter...so if Akther can play then why not Junaid...

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How many of those (including Basit Ali) who are putting doubts on his action, have seen Junaid Khan bowling in real life??

I am amazed that after seeing a couple of blurry clips from his clips, people have started to make judgment about Junaid's bowling action. And I am also pretty sure that Basit Ali also read this controversy from Pakpassion (as he along with some ex-cricketers are regularly involved in giving interviews to PP).. So there is a fair chance that he surfs here anonymously...

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see loud mouth ex-cricketers alerting the ICC before he has even bowled a ball.

'Mess with a bull, you get the horns'

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why he would say that? Now they will be paying more attention to his bowling. :umarakmal

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bewakoofi ki hadh hai!

Such comments show to what extent can this guy go to, to establish his image as Mr. Know-it-all

Saying with so much confidence that he'll be banned in his first match is more than pathetic.

I hope Junaid or any other member of the team does not read this crap. Basit Ali needs something better to do.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Red Neck Country
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody is entitled to have his opinion, so whats the big fuss. There are couple of threads on PP suspecting his action already. Playing cricket at International level, being a selector, coaching players atleast he has the right credentials to comment on cricket issues rather then the internet jokies. Did any player got reported because someone in the press or media suspected his action. ICC/Umpires has their own set of rules and if someone thinks that his comments will be reason they will moniter him is plain stupid.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost like the ICC didn't follow the NOTW expose.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricwiz View Post
    How many of those (including Basit Ali) who are putting doubts on his action, have seen Junaid Khan bowling in real life??

I am amazed that after seeing a couple of blurry clips from his clips, people have started to make judgment about Junaid's bowling action. And I am also pretty sure that Basit Ali also read this controversy from Pakpassion (as he along with some ex-cricketers are regularly involved in giving interviews to PP).. So there is a fair chance that he surfs here anonymously...

Mate, Junaid plays Grade II trohpy from Port Qasim Authority, And that team is made by Rashid LAtif. And Basit is the Right Hand of Latif. And Basit Ali was once in the selection panel of Pakistan team.

So, I my view he knows better than us and you.

Basit doesn't need to read magazines or websites to create the story like u created in the end of your post.
    Last edited by sunnykhan; 16th February 2011 at 16:28.

#1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we naive enough to believe that the ICC is going to be honing in on Junaid's action because of what has been said?

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ICC hones into anything they can get their eyes, ears, nose on.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pakistani fast bowler, no doubt the ICC will look into it to ensure we lose another bowler.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only rediff is reporting this news so i will wait for a more credible source

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnykhan View Post
    Mate, Junaid plays Grade II trohpy from Port Qasim Authority, And that team is made by Rashid LAtif. And Basit is the Right Hand of Latif. And Basit Ali was once in the selection panel of Pakistan team.

So, I my view he knows better than us and you.

Basit doesn't need to read magazines or websites to create the story like u created in the end of your post.
    if he knew about it all along , why did he not say anything when he was included ?

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looney View Post
    if he knew about it all along , why did he not say anything when he was included ?
    So everything is in Basit's hand? I am sure someone would have asked about Junaid Khan so he gave his opinion. It's not that he held a press conferrence and voiced his opinions.

#1 FAN AND DIE HARD SUPPORTER OF SHAHZAIB HASSAN

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Venue
    canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
    pakistani fast bowler, no doubt the ICC will look into it to ensure we lose another bowler.
    Yes,if they cheat or chuck

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    all our ex criciters want is a job with the pcb as soon as they get it they c no evil and hear no evil .... im sorry basit nobody takes u seriously, at least encourage the guy he hasnt even made his debut yet , if he reads this he will have self doubts ....... i hope junaid goes on to do well and shuts basit up .... of whatever ive seen of junaid his action is fine im sure its not beyond the 15 degrees

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    California
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    funny that Murli and Akhtar , sreesanth are allowed to play, but they are eyeing a kid?

ICC should have brought it to attention much earlier if he had an issue . Junaid is been playing for Pak A for a while as i understand it.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    NYC, NY
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    If a non Pakistani had said this, all hell would have broken loose by now.
    A large number of the PP'ers raised concern over Junaid's action long before Basit did.

"I score a lot of runs (playing selfishly) and my team loses, what good are those runs? ."
    Inzi

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    He wouldn't have been cleared by the icc after tanvir's injury if they had any doubts.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I want to say to Basit Ali is that snitches sleep in ditches.

Yours Sincerely,
    Gujar
    (GUJAR)

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    now not sure if this news is true as it is only from an indian source

Debut
    Feb 2008
    Venue
    Many Places
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basit Ali should not have said that all ... look at this kids age , education , background ... and then consider what a statement like this can do to him .

Basit Ali has just pressurized Junaid . I fear that in order to look legal he will change his action which can cut his capabilities as no genuine fast bowler can adjust with new action in days .