Instagram



Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 321 to 356 of 356
  1. #321
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,766
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So a poster with his superman vision can see a chuck through the tv screen but the ump standing right next to him with access to slow-mo after the match fails to see it. Mashallah mein sadqay janwaan.

    So when PP'ers complain that Ashwin might be chucking the same poster claims that he is not chucking till the ICC calls him, however, the same leeway isn't given to a Pakistani.

  2. #322
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Did you see him swing the ball in Australia or have you been in hibernation ever since that 2013 Champions Trophy? If you have been, you must clearly remember him destroying India in India and South Africa in South Africa as well.

    Junaid Khan has hardly played 60 ODI matches. Out of that, a very small portion has been played in these tournaments, you speak of. I would say that you're being totally unreasonable but at the end of the day, you are simply Mamoon.
    Junaid has never been able to swing the ball conventionally. He relies on seam movement and reverse-swing which he gets in Tests only. The famous Indian spell was down to seam movement and not swing. Watch the highlights again, the ball jags off the seam, it doesn't do anything in the air. You are confusing the two and not for the first time.

    Similarly, most of his good spells in ODIs have been due to seam movement, while he has bowled well at times in Tests when he got his reverse-swing going. He is basically a mirror (and inferior to the peak) version of Gul, who doesn't have the skill to generate conventional swing and is mostly reliant on seam movement and reverse-swing.

    Junaid had a purple patch in 2012-2013 but he has been rubbish for years now, and is fresh off losing Peshawar two matches against United single-handedly in the PSL, and one wonders how many matches will he cost Pakistan in the Champions Trophy with his pathetic bowling.

    His fans have nothing but the Indian spell and the few other performances to talk about which are no longer relevant. He needs to prove himself in domestic cricket first (like Kamran and Shehzad etc.) and then earn a recall. However, he has been as poor as he has ever been, and there has been no noticeable improvement in his performance. A terrible selection, and I hope his chapter will be closed after the Champions Trophy.

    As far the bowling attack for the Champions Trophy is concerned, Sohail should have been there. He is old and unfit, but still comfortably better than Junaid at the moment, and is our best new ball bowler these days. Hasan Ali though is the best all-rounder Limited Overs pacer Pakistan has at the moment. Good with both the new and the old ball, and more penetrative than Amir and more consistent than Wahab.

  3. #323
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    So a poster with his superman vision can see a chuck through the tv screen but the ump standing right next to him with access to slow-mo after the match fails to see it. Mashallah mein sadqay janwaan.

    So when PP'ers complain that Ashwin might be chucking the same poster claims that he is not chucking till the ICC calls him, however, the same leeway isn't given to a Pakistani.
    It is difficult to spot a pace bowling chucker in real time. The Umpires don't have the luxury of replays and hence, they cannot call them out in real time. Yes some pacers have been suspended, but the probability of a pacer getting caught is less than that of a spinner. However, Junaid has been lucky that he has played very little international cricket since the crackdown on chuckers, but if he continues to throw, he will eventually get caught at some point and will bring more shame to Pakistan cricket.

    The defenders said the same about the javelin thrower Ajmal, that there is no need of giving out chucking certificates when the umpires have not suspended him etc., but then we saw what happened. Blatant chuckers are blatant, regardless of when and how they get caught. Ajmal is a blatant chucker (yes is, because he still throws under desperation) and so is Junaid.

    As far as Ashwin is concerned, there is no case of 'might'. His action is crystal clear, except for a brief period during early 2014 when he used to publicly whinge about the ICC not doing anything to deal with the chuckers. If Ashwin with his pre and post early 2014 action is a chucker, then so is every bowler in the world. Ashwin will not be called just because a few Pakistani fans refuse to accept that Ajmal is a javelin thrower. However, he cannot win. Even if he gets called and is cleared, the same folks will then cry that it is a BCCI conspiracy, and will only be satisfied if he gets banned.

  4. #324
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    1,955
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    So a poster with his superman vision can see a chuck through the tv screen but the ump standing right next to him with access to slow-mo after the match fails to see it. Mashallah mein sadqay janwaan.

    So when PP'ers complain that Ashwin might be chucking the same poster claims that he is not chucking till the ICC calls him, however, the same leeway isn't given to a Pakistani.
    irrespective of what happens to junaid khan


    if you are talking about mamoon then he said great things about Ehsan Adil only to get proved wrong again.

    I do not think you should take mamoon's posts about fast bowling seriously.



    Then he said that imad wasim is poor man's Muhammad hafeez but imad wasim proved him wrong due to his recent performances agains wi and eng in eng. To an extent he was above average against aus in first 2 or 3 odis, droped catches cost him dearly in remaining matches

    he also called sohaib maqsood as inzamam 2.0

    bottom line! do not take his opinion on pakistani players seriously

    Regards
    Last edited by pacesensation; 17th March 2017 at 10:40.

  5. #325
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pacesensation View Post
    irrespective of what happens to junaid khan


    if you are talking about mamoon then he said great things about Ehsan Adil only to get proved wrong again.

    I do not think you should take mamoon's posts about fast bowling seriously.



    Then he said that imad wasim is poor man's Muhammad hafeez but imad wasim proved him wrong due to his recent performances agains wi and eng in eng. To an extent he was above average against aus in first 2 or 3 odis, droped catches cost him dearly in remaining matches

    he also called sohaib maqsood as inzamam 2.0

    bottom line! do not take his opinion on pakistani players seriously

    Regards
    Sir we are all entitled to our opinions, but the only thing that matters is that a person should remain flexible and open-minded. I recall a certain someone who said that Babar Azam will never score a hundred against a quality attack and was nowhere to be found when he scored the ODI century in Australia against Starc and Hazlewood, but then the goalposts were shifted to 'but he failed in Tests'. Aqalmand ke liye ishaara kaafi hota hai...

    For me, your posts have zero worth, and you can feel the same about me. I don't value your opinion highly and we are not here to make friends and get in the good books of others. Similarly, let alone Syed1 or XYZ, even if the whole forum disregards what I say, it will not deter me from voicing my opinion, and I hope you adopt the same ideology.

    Here is a tip: don't post for other people, and don't hide when things happen contrary to your expectations, something you are very good at it.

  6. #326
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    13,976
    Mentioned
    819 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    So a poster with his superman vision can see a chuck through the tv screen but the ump standing right next to him with access to slow-mo after the match fails to see it. Mashallah mein sadqay janwaan.

    So when PP'ers complain that Ashwin might be chucking the same poster claims that he is not chucking till the ICC calls him, however, the same leeway isn't given to a Pakistani.
    Your personal like for the player is getting better of your good judgement here. Only reason that JK is not called yet is Shahriar Khan's persona.

    Over the last few years ICC had been tiered with PCB & Pakistan cricket - fixing, chucking, doping, isolation, security issues, tussle with bcci ... it had been a nightmare for PCB office bearer for last few years, hence ICC (& it's technical people including umpires & match referees) is practicing maximum tollerence for Pakistan. This is because Shahriar is such a nice & respected person that every Board president & representative respects him; they do have a soft corner for PCB & PAK cricket.

    Had a buffoon like Ijaz Butt was in charge now, you would have seen umpires calling JK & he is at least 30 degree on his effort ball. PCB has a tendency to stress people to their limit, JK is just another example. Ajmal forced umpires to call him & PCB is forcing them to do it again.

  7. #327
    Debut
    May 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    18,796
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Your personal like for the player is getting better of your good judgement here. Only reason that JK is not called yet is Shahriar Khan's persona.

    Over the last few years ICC had been tiered with PCB & Pakistan cricket - fixing, chucking, doping, isolation, security issues, tussle with bcci ... it had been a nightmare for PCB office bearer for last few years, hence ICC (& it's technical people including umpires & match referees) is practicing maximum tollerence for Pakistan. This is because Shahriar is such a nice & respected person that every Board president & representative respects him; they do have a soft corner for PCB & PAK cricket.

    Had a buffoon like Ijaz Butt was in charge now, you would have seen umpires calling JK & he is at least 30 degree on his effort ball. PCB has a tendency to stress people to their limit, JK is just another example. Ajmal forced umpires to call him & PCB is forcing them to do it again.
    I don't think ICC is that soft, maybe JK has just gone under the radar because his mostly poor performances mean he hasn't attracted much attention. He may well be a chucker, I can't say I've paid much attention either. If he is chucking it's quite pointless as he is still a very ordinary bowler regardless. I wish Pakistan cricket would move on instead of beating this dead horse.


    I for one welcome our new In____ overlords - Kent Brockman

  8. #328
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,766
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Your personal like for the player is getting better of your good judgement here. Only reason that JK is not called yet is Shahriar Khan's persona.

    Over the last few years ICC had been tiered with PCB & Pakistan cricket - fixing, chucking, doping, isolation, security issues, tussle with bcci ... it had been a nightmare for PCB office bearer for last few years, hence ICC (& it's technical people including umpires & match referees) is practicing maximum tollerence for Pakistan. This is because Shahriar is such a nice & respected person that every Board president & representative respects him; they do have a soft corner for PCB & PAK cricket.

    Had a buffoon like Ijaz Butt was in charge now, you would have seen umpires calling JK & he is at least 30 degree on his effort ball. PCB has a tendency to stress people to their limit, JK is just another example. Ajmal forced umpires to call him & PCB is forcing them to do it again.
    My personal likes and dislikes are only for the Pakistan cricket team, I don't do hero worship like some of the other folks on here.


    My only point is that if he is chucking then he will be caught and banned, but to repeatedly call him chucker chucker by a certain poster will not make him a chucker because said poster wishes it so. This forum also has a strict policy against name calling of cricketers.


    I also don't buy this logic that ICC isn't calling him because of Sheri uncle. If he is indeed chucking then he should be called right away and asked to clear his name.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  9. #329
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    6,503
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly don't see how people can tell that JK is chucking.

    In my eyes, he bends his arm, but then straightens it before releasing the ball. As @Syed1 has said, if he is chucking, then he most likely would've been called.

  10. #330
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Cairo
    Runs
    11,702
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    I honestly don't see how people can tell that JK is chucking.

    In my eyes, he bends his arm, but then straightens it before releasing the ball. As @Syed1 has said, if he is chucking, then he most likely would've been called.
    That is the definition of chucking... depending on whether it exceeds the 15-degree limit, of course.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram!

    Please also follow PakPassion Sport!

  11. #331
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,614
    Mentioned
    740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Junaid has never been able to swing the ball conventionally. He relies on seam movement and reverse-swing which he gets in Tests only. The famous Indian spell was down to seam movement and not swing. Watch the highlights again, the ball jags off the seam, it doesn't do anything in the air. You are confusing the two and not for the first time.

    Similarly, most of his good spells in ODIs have been due to seam movement, while he has bowled well at times in Tests when he got his reverse-swing going. He is basically a mirror (and inferior to the peak) version of Gul, who doesn't have the skill to generate conventional swing and is mostly reliant on seam movement and reverse-swing.

    Junaid had a purple patch in 2012-2013 but he has been rubbish for years now, and is fresh off losing Peshawar two matches against United single-handedly in the PSL, and one wonders how many matches will he cost Pakistan in the Champions Trophy with his pathetic bowling.

    His fans have nothing but the Indian spell and the few other performances to talk about which are no longer relevant. He needs to prove himself in domestic cricket first (like Kamran and Shehzad etc.) and then earn a recall. However, he has been as poor as he has ever been, and there has been no noticeable improvement in his performance. A terrible selection, and I hope his chapter will be closed after the Champions Trophy.

    As far the bowling attack for the Champions Trophy is concerned, Sohail should have been there. He is old and unfit, but still comfortably better than Junaid at the moment, and is our best new ball bowler these days. Hasan Ali though is the best all-rounder Limited Overs pacer Pakistan has at the moment. Good with both the new and the old ball, and more penetrative than Amir and more consistent than Wahab.
    Yet another rant that contains nothing but false information and alternative facts. Wonder why I even bother at this point.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  12. #332
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,614
    Mentioned
    740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    I would think that the management would immediately help Junaid fix his action if they thought there was anything wrong with it, given what happened with Ajmal and how Pakistan suffered and the fact that there are testing facilities available in Pakistan now.

    Of course, he's done nothing wrong until the ICC bans him and every wicket he has taken up until that point is 100% legal.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  13. #333
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Yet another rant that contains nothing but false information and alternative facts. Wonder why I even bother at this point.
    Yes, pointing out a fact that Junaid's Indian spell was down to seam movement and not conventional swing is false information. You have spent years on this forum, if you still do not know the distinction between seam and swing, I cannot help you further.

  14. #334
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    I would think that the management would immediately help Junaid fix his action if they thought there was anything wrong with it, given what happened with Ajmal and how Pakistan suffered and the fact that there are testing facilities available in Pakistan now.

    Of course, he's done nothing wrong until the ICC bans him and every wicket he has taken up until that point is 100% legal.
    The management is incompetent and so is the board. They should have seen it coming. It was impossible for the javelin thrower Ajmal to get away with it for his whole career, so he should have been dealt with internally, just like India discarded Ojha.

  15. #335
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    6,503
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Junaid has never been able to swing the ball conventionally. He relies on seam movement and reverse-swing which he gets in Tests only. The famous Indian spell was down to seam movement and not swing. Watch the highlights again, the ball jags off the seam, it doesn't do anything in the air. You are confusing the two and not for the first time.

    Similarly, most of his good spells in ODIs have been due to seam movement, while he has bowled well at times in Tests when he got his reverse-swing going. He is basically a mirror (and inferior to the peak) version of Gul, who doesn't have the skill to generate conventional swing and is mostly reliant on seam movement and reverse-swing.

    Junaid had a purple patch in 2012-2013 but he has been rubbish for years now, and is fresh off losing Peshawar two matches against United single-handedly in the PSL, and one wonders how many matches will he cost Pakistan in the Champions Trophy with his pathetic bowling.

    His fans have nothing but the Indian spell and the few other performances to talk about which are no longer relevant. He needs to prove himself in domestic cricket first (like Kamran and Shehzad etc.) and then earn a recall. However, he has been as poor as he has ever been, and there has been no noticeable improvement in his performance. A terrible selection, and I hope his chapter will be closed after the Champions Trophy.

    As far the bowling attack for the Champions Trophy is concerned, Sohail should have been there. He is old and unfit, but still comfortably better than Junaid at the moment, and is our best new ball bowler these days. Hasan Ali though is the best all-rounder Limited Overs pacer Pakistan has at the moment. Good with both the new and the old ball, and more penetrative than Amir and more consistent than Wahab.
    Even Junaid Khan is more consistent than Hasan Ali. The youngster took 5 wickets in one match and then went for 110 in the next. If that's not inconsistency then I don't know what is.

  16. #336
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    United States of America
    Runs
    6,503
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    I would think that the management would immediately help Junaid fix his action if they thought there was anything wrong with it, given what happened with Ajmal and how Pakistan suffered and the fact that there are testing facilities available in Pakistan now.

    Of course, he's done nothing wrong until the ICC bans him and every wicket he has taken up until that point is 100% legal.
    Pakistan would not suffer one bit if JK is banned.

    Rumman and Usman are both twice as good as him.

  17. #337
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Even Junaid Khan is more consistent than Hasan Ali. The youngster took 5 wickets in one match and then went for 110 in the next. If that's not inconsistency then I don't know what is.
    At least he has a 5-fer. Junaid has never been good enough to take a 5-fer in ODIs and never will be. Hasan has only played 13 ODIs so far, of course his career could go anywhere. No one is calling him a world class bowler yet, but he has done very well so far barring 1-2 matches. In a short period of time, he has become Pakistan's best ODI bowler.

    There are no parallels between the two, even if we disregard the fact that only one of them is actually a 'bowler'.

  18. #338
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,614
    Mentioned
    740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Yes, pointing out a fact that Junaid's Indian spell was down to seam movement and not conventional swing is false information. You have spent years on this forum, if you still do not know the distinction between seam and swing, I cannot help you further.
    Except every expert getting paid for it said that it was a superb spell of swing and seam bowling and Junaid has swung the ball as recently as the series against Australia, where he got the wood over Warner for the first couple of games. You should help yourself cope with the fact that Junaid is back in the Pakistan team. Wooooo!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    The management is incompetent and so is the board. They should have seen it coming. It was impossible for the javelin thrower Ajmal to get away with it for his whole career, so he should have been dealt with internally, just like India discarded Ojha.
    The new regulations only came into place in 2014 and since then Pakistan has been very vigilant with cricketers that have dodgy actions. Junaid may still be over the limit but from what I can decipher, the management doesn't think so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayyman View Post
    Pakistan would not suffer one bit if JK is banned.

    Rumman and Usman are both twice as good as him.
    Let them play an international ODI first. This is the height of a kneejerk reaction. You'll be calling for their head if they have one bad game just like you're doing for Hassan.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  19. #339
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,610
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have no idea how some posters can be so biased and clueless that they can't see the mediocrity in Junaid Khan. This is a cricket forum, right?

    We're not fueled by emotions ?


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  20. #340
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,766
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I have no idea how some posters can be so biased and clueless that they can't see the mediocrity in Junaid Khan. This is a cricket forum, right?

    We're not fueled by emotions ?
    What's mediocrity got to do with being labelled a chucker??



    And the height of irony when someone who supports a 26 averaging Kamran Akmal questions others for supporting mediocrity.


    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    GO NAWAZ GO!

  21. #341
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    @Bilal7

    Please show me the wickets in the Indian series where he got conventional swing and also show me the deliveries in the Australian series where he moved the ball in the air. How many deliveries and how much did he swing?

    Secondly, again, Ajmal was breaking all sorts of records with his javelin throwing. The ICC tolerated his rubbish enough to the point where it became intolerable. Thank Michael Vaughan for that embarrassing picture in summer of 2014 when he was playing County, that really brought his awful chucking into the public limelight.

    PCB should have dealt with him years ago. I could see that his action was illegal long before the ICC caught him and you were busy defending him against me. One wonders what the PCB were up to, they are the ones in a position of authority unlike me, and they left it too late.

  22. #342
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,614
    Mentioned
    740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    @Bilal7

    Please show me the wickets in the Indian series where he got conventional swing and also show me the deliveries in the Australian series where he moved the ball in the air. How many deliveries and how much did he swing?

    Secondly, again, Ajmal was breaking all sorts of records with his javelin throwing. The ICC tolerated his rubbish enough to the point where it became intolerable. Thank Michael Vaughan for that embarrassing picture in summer of 2014 when he was playing County, that really brought his awful chucking into the public limelight.

    PCB should have dealt with him years ago. I could see that his action was illegal long before the ICC caught him and you were busy defending him against me. One wonders what the PCB were up to, they are the ones in a position of authority unlike me, and they left it too late.
    I do not have the time nor patience to spoon-feed you like this. Junaid can swing the ball from outside leg to the slip cordon and you still won't move past your personal bias because "2013 Champions Trophy, duh".

    I repeat, that happened before 2014 when the ICC changed its testing mechanisms and asked the umpires to be more vigilant in calling bowlers with even borderline suspicious actions. The fact that Junaid wasn't called in Australia and hasn't been made to work on his action by the Pakistani team management bode well for him. I actually hope he gets called in the West Indies so you can get over this new obsession of yours.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  23. #343
    Debut
    Apr 2016
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    3,063
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    I do not have the time nor patience to spoon-feed you like this. Junaid can swing the ball from outside leg to the slip cordon and you still won't move past your personal bias because "2013 Champions Trophy, duh".

    I repeat, that happened before 2014 when the ICC changed its testing mechanisms and asked the umpires to be more vigilant in calling bowlers with even borderline suspicious actions. The fact that Junaid wasn't called in Australia and hasn't been made to work on his action by the Pakistani team management bode well for him. I actually hope he gets called in the West Indies so you can get over this new obsession of yours.
    Is this some joke. Junaid can't swing the new ball to save his life, let alone swinging it from leg stump to the slip cordon.

    Hasan Ali should be bowling with the new ball ahead of Junaid.

  24. #344
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,610
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    What's mediocrity got to do with being labelled a chucker??



    And the height of irony when someone who supports a 26 averaging Kamran Akmal questions others for supporting mediocrity.
    The chucking part isn't really debatable - he does it, even neutrals know that. That is, if you know the definition of chucking.

    Some still fail to see the mediocrity, though. Poor man's Umar Gul - gun barrel straight trundler.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  25. #345
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    19,766
    Mentioned
    586 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    The chucking part isn't really debatable - he does it, even neutrals know that. That is, if you know the definition of chucking.

    Some still fail to see the mediocrity, though. Poor man's Umar Gul - gun barrel straight trundler.
    Still won us more matches than Kami ever will.

  26. #346
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    18,645
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    The chucking part isn't really debatable - he does it, even neutrals know that. That is, if you know the definition of chucking.

    Some still fail to see the mediocrity, though. Poor man's Umar Gul - gun barrel straight trundler.
    he still hasnt been called yet, in county, or in Aus. I honestly though he would but if he hasnt so far then maybe he just look worse then he is


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  27. #347
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    I do not have the time nor patience to spoon-feed you like this. Junaid can swing the ball from outside leg to the slip cordon and you still won't move past your personal bias because "2013 Champions Trophy, duh".

    I repeat, that happened before 2014 when the ICC changed its testing mechanisms and asked the umpires to be more vigilant in calling bowlers with even borderline suspicious actions. The fact that Junaid wasn't called in Australia and hasn't been made to work on his action by the Pakistani team management bode well for him. I actually hope he gets called in the West Indies so you can get over this new obsession of yours.
    Yes obviously you don't have the time and patience to come up with deliveries that never took place. Junaid cannot generate conventional swing; he can only get some seam movement. As far as Ajmal is concerned, I repeat: he has always been a chucker and the leniency of ICC does not justify the negligence of the PCB.

  28. #348
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    25,614
    Mentioned
    740 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    Yes obviously you don't have the time and patience to come up with deliveries that never took place. Junaid cannot generate conventional swing; he can only get some seam movement. As far as Ajmal is concerned, I repeat: he has always been a chucker and the leniency of ICC does not justify the negligence of the PCB.
    Is the ICC still lenient? Why wasn't Junaid reported in Australia? We don't have to discuss Junaid's swing or Ajmal's bowling, it doesn't matter right now.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  29. #349
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    67,686
    Mentioned
    3448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Is the ICC still lenient? Why wasn't Junaid reported in Australia? We don't have to discuss Junaid's swing or Ajmal's bowling, it doesn't matter right now.
    MMHS has explained it already, and I agree with what he said. See post #326.

  30. #350
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,610
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Still won us more matches than Kami ever will.
    Okay, if that helps you sleep at night.

    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    he still hasnt been called yet, in county, or in Aus. I honestly though he would but if he hasnt so far then maybe he just look worse then he is
    Fast bowlers are in general difficult to detect by on field umpires.

    He will eventually if he ends up playing for us on a consistent basis. Which won't happen likely, so he's going to get spared.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  31. #351
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    18,645
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Okay, if that helps you sleep at night.



    Fast bowlers are in general difficult to detect by on field umpires.

    He will eventually if he ends up playing for us on a consistent basis. Which won't happen likely, so he's going to get spared.
    That consistency example makes no sense, Bilal Asif was called straight away .


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  32. #352
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    37,042
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chucker or not , he is a mediocre bowler.


    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

  33. #353
    Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    12,610
    Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanigoneaussie View Post
    That consistency example makes no sense, Bilal Asif was called straight away .
    Bilal was a spinner, debuted during the middle of a clamp down on chuckers.

    Junaid is a fast bowler.


    At the end of a stressful, depressing day, a dose of cricket is what can cheer us up.

  34. #354
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    18,645
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Bilal was a spinner, debuted during the middle of a clamp down on chuckers.

    Junaid is a fast bowler.
    and has been around for a while, plays in county, played in Australia who has no qualms on calling people. Taskin Ahmed and Vitori were both called, Junaid wasnt. I doubt its some sypthay for the PCB thats causing that.

    He may well be called in the future, but the fact he has not so far is something to be noted


    "Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

  35. #355
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Milton, Ontario
    Runs
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is sad that Basit ali whose career ended by cheating on his age with match fixing allegations now judge other people performances in some dumb talk shows. Basit should kicked out from PCB asap too.

  36. #356
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    328
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chucking or not, Junaid Khan is now finished. I was a huge fan for a long time, but he is a shadow of his former self.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •