Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Apart from that one particularly choosen condition, Ajmal has nothing else which backs his credential over Ashwin. And then again, we have been miserable in loads of test matches except the ones where Ashwin performed.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Another Pfifer for Ashwin. Quite a match winner when he's on song.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Chennai, Tamilnadu
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yet another good show from him. Hope he continues this into the ODIs as well.

Baali Soda - INFJ-T

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope he learns to pick wickets abroad as well and doesn't get bogged down while playing better players of spin. His temperament will be tested against better players.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Philander - 16 tests, 89 wickets

Ashwin - 16 tests, 90 wickets (with a few more to come in the 2nd innings)

Saeed Ajmal had 79 wickets after 16 tests, Rehmand had 76.

Ashwin has done well at home but he will have to show the same form in the next 12-15 months away from home otherwise get tagged as a spin track bully.
    Last edited by cricketindiafan; 23rd March 2013 at 11:09.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Venue
    Lahore
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Philander - 16 tests, 89 wickets

Ashwin - 16 tests, 90 wickets (with a few more to come in the 2nd innings)

Saeed Ajmal had 79 wickets after 16 tests, Rehmand had 76.

Ashwin has done well at home but he will have to show the same form in the next 12-15 months away from home otherwise get tagged as a spin track bully.
    Same away test is waiting for philander in UAE.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not many home tests now after this series. That average will rise to 40 again. lol

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He needs to learn to depend on the flight rather than pitch then he can get wickets away too.

"This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Brilliant bowler!

It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin does not wear full sleeves.

Good to see a classical off spinner with a clean action.

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singham View Post
    Ashwin does not wear full sleeves.

Good to see a classical off spinner with a clean action.
    are u referring to someone?

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mallusingh View Post
    are u referring to someone?
    Harbhajan? ha ha...not really.. u know...

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singham View Post
    Harbhajan? ha ha...not really.. u know...
    ok .. now i got it

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    uk
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin's record is very surprisingly impressive,

Still feel Ajmal has the special factor at the moment but doesn't have age on his side where Ashwin does have that,

But very impressed considering he was a t20 bowler mainly

The boyes play well the boyes do as i tell

Debut
    Jan 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hes done well at home but against three pretty inept spin playing teams He didnt do too well in australia Lets see how he gets on away from home again

If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Chennai, Tamilnadu
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    3 MOTS performance in 5 test series that he has played so far in his very short test career

Ashwin

Baali Soda - INFJ-T

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has declared that he has added some variations....now that usually means a failure series is coming.... plz nooooooo.... proteas will be licking their lips

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yea bloody hell, just stick to your off spin, thats good enough.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Hemel/Coventry
    Runs
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there can't be any more balls, they've got the one that turns in, turns out, goes on with the arm, slower ball, quicker ball, what else will sccience actually make happen

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I rate Ojha over him.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    I rate Ojha over him.
    Skill wise so do I. Ashwin's advantage is that he is very intelligent bowler.

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe South African pitches are going to be helpful for an off spinner.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    20 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChennaiFan View Post
    I don't believe South African pitches are going to be helpful for an off spinner.
    Yup Ajmal was pretty useless there too (apart from the second Test when the pitch was spin friendly)

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Red Devil~ View Post
    Yup Ajmal was pretty useless there too (apart from the second Test when the pitch was spin friendly)
    At least, against Pakistan, SA would think twice before dishing out a pacy pitch. Against India, they know what to do! :-)

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChennaiFan View Post
    Ashwin would extract extra bounce which might help him.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    I rate Ashwin very highly.

England mishap happened NOT because of his variations but due to his wrong run up.

Let me elaborate it for those who don't know what actually happened.

Ashwin had developed some bad habits while bowling. There was an issue with his run up that put him in a position where he wasn't able to land the ball where he wanted.

So if he wanted to land it outside off, it would land on middle and leg. If he wanted to land it on middle and leg, it would land outside leg.

In fact, in the whole England series, none of his carrom balls pitched in line with the stumps. All of them were OUTSIDE leg stump.

Pretty disgraceful.

After that fiasco, Ashwin realized something was missing. So he took his coach along with him when he flew to play the BCCI Corporate Trophy (he was the captain of one of the teams).

The first 1-2 matches, he got whacked or something.

On that tour, his coach Sunil Subramaniam (one of the best spinners India never had due to the spin quartet in the 70's) identified that the issue was with his run up.

He started making adjustments and things started improving for him in that trophy.

Next series - Australia and you know what he did.

The same carrom balls (that he got immense flake for) accounted for Brad Haddin, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Johnson.

Brad was batting well at that time and it was a good carrom ball that snared him.

And remember the World Cup 2011. Shane Watson was the biggest threat and he fell to Ashwin due to the carrom.

I have friends who play cricket and who know what's going on with Ashwin and here's the deal -

Ashwin has stopped trying to disguise his carrom ball. Its getting more and more lethal (bcos of the spin) and he is trying to bowl it well instead of disguising it.

Maybe that's why he is trying for a carrom that comes in to the right hander.

By the way, I don't rate his Kulasekara carrom dismissal highly.

It was a half tracker that Kula could have dispatched anywhere but he chose not to. Agreed, the ball spun crazily but Ashwin had bowled far better carrom deliveries to AB De Villiers (in the CT) who was actually clueless when facing them).
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 19th August 2013 at 10:46.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    ^That makes sense.

In fact, I remember him stating in the presentation post the Aussie 4-0 whitewash that it was his run-up that was the problem versus *cough*, the Poms.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one think Ashwin is quite overrated. Ojha is comfortably better spinner than him. Had he enjoyed equal confidence in his abilities from Dhoni, he'd have been even better performer than he is now.

It was criminal of Dhoni not to play Ojha in first 3 tests against Aus, IIRC.

Thankfully, there was Sir to take care of all such bunglings from Dhoni.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree. Ashwin is better than Ojha. Ojha can plug away for hours on end but Ashwin is more attacking and more likely to get you wickets. He has a long way to go yet but it is early days and as long as he is committed to keep improving, I see a good future ahead of him.

Saachinnn Sachin

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one, would love to be proved wrong on this.

But as I said, Ojha doesn't enjoy Dhoni's confidence as much as Ashwin does otherwise there was no reason for Dhoni not to play him in first 3 tests of BG trophy. And enjoying your captain's confidence is a big factor in your development as a cricketer.

Ashwin too failed against Eng. In fact, IIRC, Ojha was better than him in that series.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST1998 View Post
    I for one, would love to be proved wrong on this.

But as I said, Ojha doesn't enjoy Dhoni's confidence as much as Ashwin does otherwise there was no reason for Dhoni not to play him in first 3 tests of BG trophy. And enjoying your captain's confidence is a big factor in your development as a cricketer.

Ashwin too failed against Eng. In fact, IIRC, Ojha was better than him in that series.
    OK, tell me what other series was Ojha better than him other than vs England?

I gave you the reason why Ashwin messed up vs England.

Even in the warm ups played in Australia, Ashwin picked up more wickets (I am NOT implying that that one game proves Ashwin is better in Australia, I am just quoting stats).

Did you see how Ojha bowled in the Ranji matches prior to the Australia series?

Bhajji was outbowling him. Comfortably.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel there is a damocles' sword hanging over Ojha's head in every game he plays for India. So my point still stands, he needs to have his captain's full backing for him to prosper. Case in point is Murali Kartik who never enjoyed his captains' confidence for various reasons right from Tendulkar to Ganguly.

Tendulkar never forgave him for sort of singlehandedly losing that test against SA in '99-00 when we had them on the ropes at one stage.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    I feel there is a damocles' sword hanging over Ojha's head in every game he plays for India. So my point still stands, he needs to have his captain's full backing for him to prosper. Case in point is Murali Kartik who never enjoyed his captains' confidence for various reasons right from Tendulkar to Ganguly.

Tendulkar never forgave him for sort of singlehandedly losing that test against SA in '99-00 when we had them on the ropes at one stage.
    That's true.

Ojha's place is always threatened and that does affect performance.

Best eg - Laxman's performance before and after he was confirmed to be a regular.

Can you tell what happened with this Murali Karti incident?

What did he do to make India lose the match?

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Can you tell what happened with this Murali Karti incident?

What did he do to make India lose the match?
    Sure.

That was India's first test against SA in their 2- test series in India just before the storm of match fixing scam of '00s. India scored a par score of 220-odd in their first innings aided by an excellent Tendulkar’s innings of 97 against a rampaging SA bowling unit on a really tough pitch to bat on. SA replied with a score of 170-odd all out in their first innings, giving India a very valuable lead of 50-odd runs.

India couldn’t do much in their 2nd innings on a pitch which was getting increasingly difficult to bat on and were bundled out for 110-odd. SA, in their pursuit of 160-odd runs as their target were 5/115 and 6/128 with only Kallis and a greenhorn Boucher at crease on a pitch which has become a minefield.

In came Kartik who conceded a lot of 4s to Boucher especially, thereby releasing all the pressure created by Kumble from the other end. So that was that, end of that test which made India even more deflated in the following test and SA comfortably won that test, thereby marking the end of Tendulkar’s captaincy innings and Azhar’s cricket career.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't understand why these bowlers announce before actually delivering. What's the use of variation if it doesn't earn a wicket ? Ashwin need to perform first and if successful, he need to boast his skills while collecting the man of the match/series award

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People say a lot about Tendulkar, the captain and match winning batsman. Of course, he wasn't a great tactician by any stretch of imagination. But many many times in his captaincy tenure, he was hugely let down by his team. This test was a case in point as was that Barbados test, of course he himself didn’t do too well with bat in this test. But as his stats show, he was successful with bat more often that not. There were so many of his breathtaking innings which didn’t deserve to be ending up on the losing side but they did.

His biggest drawback as captain was that he expected everyone from his team to play like him which was not humanely possible. Also, he was way too impatient for results. I saw him so many times running to his bowlers in between their overs, advising them what to do and what not to. Of course, he himself won’t like his non striking partner to run up to him and giving him advise how to play the next ball. That to me was one of his biggest shortcoming as a captain.

Sometimes you gotta let your team to perform In the middle on their own rather than advising them on every single matter.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    People say a lot about Tendulkar, the captain and match winning batsman. Of course, he wasn't a great tactician by any stretch of imagination. But many many times in his captaincy tenure, he was hugely let down by his team. This test was a case in point as was that Barbados test, of course he himself didnít do too well with bat in this test. But as his stats show, he was successful with bat more often that not. There were so many of his breathtaking innings which didnít deserve to be ending up on the losing side but they did.

His biggest drawback as captain was that he expected everyone from his team to play like him which was not humanely possible. Also, he was way too impatient for results. I saw him so many times running to his bowlers in between their overs, advising them what to do and what not to. Of course, he himself wonít like his non striking partner to run up to him and giving him advise how to play the next ball. That to me was one of his biggest shortcoming as a captain.

Sometimes you gotta let your team to perform In the middle on their own rather than advising them on every single matter.
    True that. Thanks for the info reg Kartik.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandMaster View Post
    I don't understand why these bowlers announce before actually delivering. What's the use of variation if it doesn't earn a wicket ? Ashwin need to perform first and if successful, he need to boast his skills while collecting the man of the match/series award
    He actually didn't announce it.

It was just a answer to a question posed by some media guy or expert.

No news channel is showing this story as far as I can see.

Update: Sorry. Now its started showing. Yeah, you are right. Its better off bowlers talk about their variations AFTER getting the wickets. Or maybe its just that someone asked him about his variations and he replied. Dunno.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 19th August 2013 at 13:34.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel there is a damocles' sword hanging over Ojha's head in every game he plays for India. So my point still stands, he needs to have his captain's full backing for him to prosper.
    There is, but for valid reasons, even without going into his superior batting.

Ojha made his test debut before Ashwin, so it is not as if the latter got a head start. Even after Ashwin made his debut, Ashwin has consistently outbowled Ojha in all series, bar one. His strike rate and average are superior. He is a far more attacking bowler. So, if Dhoni has more confidence in Ashwin, it is for valid reasons.

Ojha needs to show that he can be a much better bowler in order to make up for the extra batting edge that Ashwin has.

Saachinnn Sachin

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KIC View Post
    There is, but for valid reasons, even without going into his superior batting.

Ojha made his test debut before Ashwin, so it is not as if the latter got a head start. Even after Ashwin made his debut, Ashwin has consistently outbowled Ojha in all series, bar one. His strike rate and average are superior. He is a far more attacking bowler. So, if Dhoni has more confidence in Ashwin, it is for valid reasons.

Ojha needs to show that he can be a much better bowler in order to make up for the extra batting edge that Ashwin has.
    The problem for Ojha is that Ashwin is a better Test batsman than many regular Indian batsman.

In Tests, his inability to slog and stuff matters little. If he can survive the first 30 odd balls, this guy can really survive in dangerous conditions.
    Last edited by sensible-indian-fan; 19th August 2013 at 14:12.

Debut
    Mar 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Whether the media asked him or no, Ashwin should use the new variation as a lethal weapon rather than talking to media about it

Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    He actually didn't announce it.

It was just a answer to a question posed by some media guy or expert.

No news channel is showing this story as far as I can see.

Update: Sorry. Now its started showing. Yeah, you are right. Its better off bowlers talk about their variations AFTER getting the wickets. Or maybe its just that someone asked him about his variations and he replied. Dunno.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6050 Post(s)
    Tagged
    37 Thread(s)
    2 overs, 41 runs.

Economy rate of 20.5

LMAO

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bad day in the office.....happens to the best of us. Stuart Broad once gave almost the same amount of runs in one over....that does not make him a bad bowler.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Ashwin has been bowling rubbish in the last 2 games.

CLT20 semifinal and yesterday.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    482 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Just a bad day and in a T20 at that, move on.

He's no Dernbach.

Have some Sehwag in your life.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Always been rubbish in T20. No idea why, he's pretty decent in ODIs and tests.

Jadeja's the best bowler for India now in LOI by a mile.

Debut
    Apr 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Ashwin has struggled in T20's. Probably Mishra should replace him in T20's. He is pretty good ODI and Test bowler though. He is not mediocre because of one poor show.

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was fun to watch Finch and Maxwell hit Ashwin for fun! Complete disdain..

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ads101 View Post
    Always been rubbish in T20. No idea why, he's pretty decent in ODIs and tests.

Jadeja's the best bowler for India now in LOI by a mile.
    True that.

In domestic T20, he has been ok after a great start.

In international T20, he has been rubbish.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Chandigarh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    502 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    bump

Ashwin tops allrounder rankings in Tests

R Ashwin's hundred and a match haul of five wickets in the first Test against West Indies has lifted him to the top of the ICC's rankings for Test allrounders, the first time he has reached No. 1. Ashwin took the top spot from Bangladesh allrounder Shakib Al Hasan, who is 43 points behind the Indian offspinner, while South Africa's Jacques Kallis is third.

Ashwin scored a career-best 124 during the Kolkata Test and was involved in a 280-run stand with Rohit Sharma, the highest seventh-wicket partnership for India in Tests. He followed up his two wickets in the first innings with a haul of 3 for 46 in 19 overs in the second to become only the Indian cricketer to score a century and take five wickets in a Test twice.

His hundred pushed him 18 places up the rankings for Test batsmen to the 45th position. He also moved up to sixth place in the bowler rankings, the only Indian bowler in the top 10.

Ashwin has had a good run in Test cricket in 2013. In the four-Test series against Australia earlier this year, he finished as the leading wicket-taker with 29 wickets at an average of 20.10. He is sixth on the list of leading wicket-takers this year, with 34 wickets from five Tests at an average of 20.02.

In 17 Tests since his debut in November 2011, Ashwin has scored 741 runs at an average of 41.11 and taken 97 wickets at an average of 28.07.

The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -Scott Hamilton

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well done ashwin.keep up the good work

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Rumours that Ashwin has not been picked due to possibility of being called for 'throwing'

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    758 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha kashmiri View Post
    Rumours that Ashwin has not been picked due to possibility of being called for 'throwing'
    If that's true that is a pretty stupid reason. Ajmal has never been called for a suspect action in England so why would Ashwin. Ashwin has a pretty clean action apart from that annoying pause.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Yeah...what a blatant chucker.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Only when he tries to copy Murali or bowl a leg spinner does his action look suspect. Else his off spinner and carrom balls are bowled with classic actions IMO. Should play the next two tests in place of Rohit Sharma.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would be surprised if Dhoni goes with five bowlers.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Delhi,Bharat
    Runs
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSN View Post
    I would be surprised if Dhoni goes with five bowlers.
    i would be,most indian fans definitely would be.

Debut
    Apr 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you quote the source of this rumour?

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin will play 100%. Even Varun Aaron will play.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteCynic View Post
    Can you quote the source of this rumour?
    It wouldn't be a rumour if i had a source

If that's true that is a pretty stupid reason. Ajmal has never been called for a suspect action in England so why would Ashwin. Ashwin has a pretty clean action apart from that annoying pause.
    Since his action's been remodelled , he now chucks the ball
    The Oval would have been ideal for Ashwin, Old Trafford not so much

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles"

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shailee View Post
    Ashwin will play 100%. Even Varun Aaron will play.

As good as official why Ashwin has not been played in the current series

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Garhwal Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ashwin for me is a talented batsman who is deadly on subcontinental tracks with the ball. Can end up being a future great.

Debut
    Jul 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Electron View Post
    Ashwin for me is a talented batsman who is deadly on subcontinental tracks with the ball. Can end up being a future great.
    so he is a batsman who can bowl a bit

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As good as official why Ashwin has not been played in the current series
    Poor selection. I always believed if Ashwin is not bowling well, he should be selected for his batting alone. He is the one who can play both pacers and spinners with ease and makes it look very easy while others are crumbling around him.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    Garhwal Kingdom
    Runs
    Mentioned
    323 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Drive View Post
    so he is a batsman who can bowl a bit
    He is a batsman who can be one of the best bowlers ever on subcontinental tracks. May go on to improve his overseas record too like Kumble did towards the end of his career.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Still think india need to back him as their overseas spinner, neither him or jadeja are going to roll teams away from home but he's still the better spinner and the better bat and the more likely to at some point become more consistent outside asia.

I think the issue is dhoni though, he just doesn't see any current indian spinner as an attacking weapon outside india and so he will always want jadeja.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kashmiri Gate, Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ravichandran Ashwin : The best All Formats/Tournaments spinner in the world today?

Spectacular performer in all formats of the game and tournaments as well.

What a guy!

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Yasir Shah is better. T20 doesn't really count as a valid format because T20 specialist spinners like Narine are better in that format than more rounded spinners like Ashwin; and said T20 specialists tend to be rubbish at the longest form. So it's just test and ODIs. I prefer Yasir because he bowls leg spin and leg spin is simply more threatening and attacking than off spin. Not only that, it is a much more difficult discipline for the spin bowler to master than off spin or slow left arm.

I smash and grab and stash the cash in plastic bags
    With raps that have pizzazz

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes. Even in individual formats, he is either the best or joint best.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    936 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Another thread intended for chest thumping.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2042 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Across all formats he is better than Yasir Shah, but he has played more than Yasir Shah, and we don't know what will be the position in next 2 years, but currently in Test Yasir>Ashwin

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Tests: Yasir > Ashwin
    ODIs: Yasir <<< Ashwin
    T20: don't care

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Tests: Yasir > Ashwin
    ODIs: Yasir <<< Ashwin
    T20: don't care
    How?Can you please tell.

aaj mujh ko bahut burā kah kar
    aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    How?Can you please tell.
    Because -
    1) Ashwin being a magician in India/Lanka/Bangladesh does not matter.
    2) Also, Yasir's failure in Bangladesh does not matter, afterall, it is just 1/3 places he has bowled on.

What matters is that Yasir is expected to run riot in Australia and England because Shane Warne loves him more.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can only compare Yasir and Ashwin when Yasir has toured outside Asia.

Though I feel it wont be too difficult to out do what Ashwin achieved abroad.

Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a few months back you Indian fans were complaining that he's hopeless in tests outside the SC...

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidilicious View Post
    We can only compare Yasir and Ashwin when Yasir has toured outside Asia.

Though I feel it wont be too difficult to out do what Ashwin achieved abroad.
    Ashwin averages 33 in Engand, which is better than Yasir's average in Bangladesh. His only real failure has been in Australia, and looking at the Aussie pitches, most spinners would see that fate.

If Yasir outperforms Ashwin, then sure, he will be termed better. But as of now, there is no evidence to support that claim.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    742 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Another fc thread!!

In a nutshell, so far, YES.

Better in ODIs and T20s.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Peterborough
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Ashwin averages 33 in Engand, which is better than Yasir's average in Bangladesh. His only real failure has been in Australia, and looking at the Aussie pitches, most spinners would see that fate.

If Yasir outperforms Ashwin, then sure, he will be termed better. But as of now, there is no evidence to support that claim.
    I think ranking of a bowler is enough evidendce to prove that point. Also you should be comparing Mishra with Yasir not an off break bowler if you are a true cricket fan or have an understanding of the game.

Rudi is a useless umpire get rid off him plzzzzz.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Because -
    1) Ashwin being a magician in India/Lanka/Bangladesh does not matter.
    2) Also, Yasir's failure in Bangladesh does not matter, afterall, it is just 1/3 places he has bowled on.

What matters is that Yasir is expected to run riot in Australia and England because Shane Warne loves him more.
    @Slog is a fair poster.

aaj mujh ko bahut burā kah kar
    aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya