Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi hater View Post
    I think ranking of a bowler is enough evidendce to prove that point. Also you should be comparing Mishra with Yasir not an off break bowler if you are a true cricket fan or have an understanding of the game.
    You don't seem to get the fact that rankings are a result of preformances, and performances depend on where that particular player plays most of his Cricket.

For example, if Ashwin played all his Cricket in Asia, he would be no.1 ranked bowler today. If he played all his Cricket in Australia, he wouldn't even be ranked top 50.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketjoshila View Post
    @Slog is a fair poster.
    No one is completely fair, there is always a hint of bias involved.

Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    755 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yasir needs to play outside Asia first. Yasir in Indian pitches would be running riot too. He is mostly bowling on UAE slow spin tracks. He hasn't really had the raging turners Ashwin gets at times. But in all,formats yes Ashwin is ahead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    By far

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    517 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Eternal optimist FC isn't he, always sees the positive in Indian team in Aus it was Virat,in SL Ashwin and now again Ashwin.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Karachi/NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    How?Can you please tell.
    Ashwin and Yasir have both had a lot of success in Asia as of now.

But Ashwin has been poor outside Asia. Below average in Australia and SA and was decent in England (decent not great).

Now Yasir Shah has not played outside Asia and I think you would agree that if he has good performances in Aus, SA, Eng etc then he def has done better than Aswhin overall.

The crucial thing is that to outsine Aswhin in these places, Yasir does not have to give some really crazy performances either. Its not some herculean task to better Aswin's performances and his game looks like it can adapt. (Generally leggies do better than offies in these places anyway.) If he can take 5 wickets a test and average around 30-35 in all these places he would have surpassed Ashwin. I dont think thats a HUGE ask and in my opinion he has the ability to do that.

So taking that into account I will say that at the moment, Yasir is a better test bet to do better outside Asia than Ashwin and that makes him a slightly better Test bowler in in my book

#MPGA

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Oh how the opinions of Ashwin change. Not long ago he was a awful bowler and deserved to be dropped from the starting XI etc etc.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    719 Post(s)
    Tagged
    17 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak_Fan View Post
    Ashwin averages 33 in Engand, which is better than Yasir's average in Bangladesh. His only real failure has been in Australia, and looking at the Aussie pitches, most spinners would see that fate.

If Yasir outperforms Ashwin, then sure, he will be termed better. But as of now, there is no evidence to support that claim.
    with a grand total of 3 wickets in 2 Test matches played in England?

" It is true, Pakistan cricket is not defined by planning, it is not defined by team work and it is not defined by an entire match. It is defined by moments, moments of inspiration, moments of magic, moments when the unsung become the sung, when the world starts rotating in the opposite direction, when the abnormal becomes the normal, when delusion becomes logic it is when the stars align. "

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Ashwin and Yasir have both had a lot of success in Asia as of now.

But Ashwin has been poor outside Asia. Below average in Australia and SA and was decent in England (decent not great).

Now Yasir Shah has not played outside Asia and I think you would agree that if he has good performances in Aus, SA, Eng etc then he def has done better than Aswhin overall.

The crucial thing is that to outsine Aswhin in these places, Yasir does not have to give some really crazy performances either. Its not some herculean task to better Aswin's performances and his game looks like it can adapt. (Generally leggies do better than offies in these places anyway.) If he can take 5 wickets a test and average around 30-35 in all these places he would have surpassed Ashwin. I dont think thats a HUGE ask and in my opinion he has the ability to do that.

So taking that into account I will say that at the moment, Yasir is a better test bet to do better outside Asia than Ashwin and that makes him a slightly better Test bowler in in my book
    If you look in Australia most Pakistani spinners have struggled there like anything,i so YAsir Shah have to put in a very good performance.Do look up how Pakistani leggies have done in Australia.

England is a place where Shah does have a chance of surpassing Ashwin,but a lot will depend on the pitches.

aaj mujh ko bahut burā kah kar
    aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His bowling S/R is 55.8 - looking more like a pacer's S/R. Ashwin's S/R is 6th in the all time list of spinners who have more than 100 test wickets. Ashwin is a real strike bowler (much more than Kumble who had S/R of 66), not the economic bowler who accumulates wickets.

"This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In world cup (the only tournament they played together) Ashwin was clearly a better bowler. As many posters said above Ashwin is far better bowler than Shah in LOIs but Yasir is little ahead in tests. So overall yes Ashwin is a better spinner.

But Yasir Shah is a leg spinner and like with most leggies you need to be patient. They will reap you benefits in long term.

Both are great bowlers no doubt.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianWillow View Post
    His bowling S/R is 55.8 - looking more like a pacer's S/R. Ashwin's S/R is 6th in the all time list of spinners who have more than 100 test wickets. Ashwin is a real strike bowler (much more than Kumble who had S/R of 66), not the economic bowler who accumulates wickets.
    Among modern bowlers (post 70s era) Ashwin is 3rd in S/R, next to MacGill and Murali.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Among modern bowlers (post 70s era) Ashwin is 3rd in S/R, next to MacGill and Murali.
    Yasir is in prime position to break what ever Ashwin sets - his current SR is 48, he's on course to get 150 Test wickets in less than 29 matches and he's likely to do better in England, Australia and SA.

Politics trumps intelligence (pun intended).

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon786 View Post
    Yasir is in prime position to break what ever Ashwin sets - his current SR is 48, he's on course to get 150 Test wickets in less than 29 matches and he's likely to do better in England, Australia and SA.
    Ashwin was on course to break 150 in 25 tests (check his 50 and 100 wicket marks at 9 and 17 tests). Since he played mostly outside Asia since 2013, his stats have gone off the course a bit. Let Yasir play outside Asia first before we judge anything.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    taking all formats into consideration he is the best spinner in world without a doubt

In tests the next year will be important for Yasir, if he performs in Eng and Aus then i reckon he is the best in that format

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ashwin was on course to break 150 in 25 tests (check his 50 and 100 wicket marks at 9 and 17 tests). Since he played mostly outside Asia since 2013, his stats have gone off the course a bit. Let Yasir play outside Asia first before we judge anything.
    It's true that Yasir's sample set is too small at this stage to warrant a proper comparison with Ashwin but I think it's also unfair to say that Ashwin is better than Yasir in Asia when both have performed equally reasonably except that Ashwin has had international experience of 4 year in comparison to Yasir's 1.

On the 150 mark, I think Yasir should do better due to his nature of spin, which tends to be more effective outside Asia.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kailash Parvat Himalaya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The biggest big batsman bully around these days

Pretty epic how he has made Amla his bunny and got ABD for duck lol. Champ!

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slog View Post
    Tests: Yasir > Ashwin
    ODIs: Yasir <<< Ashwin
    T20: don't care
    Pretty much.

In tests, strike rates have little meaning. Averages are what you want to look at.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Best in the world by a distance. Amazing bowler.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Seems like the series is being played on rank turners.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kailash Parvat Himalaya
    Runs
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yassy boy hasn't played out of his comfy zone yet. Ashwin has withstood hostile batting pattas in Oz land and Eng land.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the BCCI are successful in their attempts to play all their away tours in countries of their choosing then Ashwin will go down as the GOAT spinner.

If their away tours require them to actually play away from home then things will look quite different.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Seems like the series is being played on rank turners.
    This is a rank turner.

Bangalore wasn't.

I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    The biggest big batsman bully around these days

Pretty epic how he has made Amla his bunny and got ABD for duck lol. Champ!
    Jaddu got ABD no?

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    This is a rank turner.

Bangalore wasn't.
    In this day and age, Indian pitches spin far more and far earlier than pretty much all other pitches in world cricket, thus it's fair to call them as rank turners, particularly when the likes of Amla and AB are getting out cheaply on them.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In this day and age, Indian pitches spin far more and far earlier than pretty much all other pitches in world cricket, thus it's fair to call them as rank turners, particularly when the likes of Amla and AB are getting out cheaply on them.
    That is no criteria to term a pitch rank turner. If anything, both of them have proven to be poor in these conditions.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwin is a good bowler but hhis series is hardly a barometer to judge greatness. Even jadega is looking an ATG here and matching Ashwin wickt by wicket and he just a decent spinner nothing more credit where its due these guys have cashed in on the opportunities givin but it is like calling Samaweera an ATG batsman just because he scored massively on home pattas.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    So you calling Bangalore a rank turner too?

Just cos Amla and ABD got out?

How about them not playing well in Bangalore (ABD did play well and got runs).

India were 80-0 in Bangalore at the close of play.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rank turners, Lankan turners, Bangla Battas or whatever.. Ashwin has proven to be the number 1 bowler in Asian conditions in Test matches.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudi hater View Post
    Also you should be comparing Mishra with Yasir not an off break bowler if you are a true cricket fan or have an understanding of the game.
    This. We may as well compare Ashwin with Malcolm Marshall as they are both bowlers. Comparing oranges to oranges Yasir is much better than Mishra and Karn Sharma.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoib View Post
    Ashwin is a good bowler but hhis series is hardly a barometer to judge greatness. Even jadega is looking an ATG here and matching Ashwin wickt by wicket and he just a decent spinner nothing more credit where its due these guys have cashed in on the opportunities givin but it is like calling Samaweera an ATG batsman just because he scored massively on home pattas.
    Even in India, Ashwin has got rank-turners 3 or 4 times at max. Rest all have been good batting surfaces.

Besides, it isn't just India, but Ashwin has proven himself to be no.1 in all Asian countries.

Debut
    Jun 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    although i have suspecion on ashwin's action but he is definately best spinner in the world. at the moment i cant say if yasir is better than ashwin or vice versa. long way to go but ashwin definately is very dangerous bowler on turning tracks.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Yasir Shah is clearly the better bowler in test matches. He would be extremely devastating on these pitches and would be averaging below 20, if all his home matches were played in India. Not only that but unlike Ashwin, he hasn't failed overseas and is a leg-spinner so he'll be more effective on a variety of pitches.

Ashwin is better in LOIs however and so he's the best spinner overall.

لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal7 View Post
    Yasir Shah is clearly the better bowler in test matches. He would be extremely devastating on these pitches and would be averaging below 20, if all his home matches were played in India. Not only that but unlike Ashwin, he hasn't failed overseas and is a leg-spinner so he'll be more effective on a variety of pitches.

Not even close. Ashwin has out-bowled/matched him on flatter Asian surfaces too.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even in India, Ashwin has got rank-turners 3 or 4 times at max. Rest all have been good batting surfaces.

Besides, it isn't just India, but Ashwin has proven himself to be no.1 in all Asian countries.
    I do think Ashwin is the best spinner in the world but I will not use this series to big him up. He is playing on rank turners against clueless batsman his effort vs Austraila two years back is still his best bowling effort imo and more worthy to boast about.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do think Ashwin is the best spinner in the world but I will not use this series to big him up. He is playing on rank turners against clueless batsman his effort vs Austraila two years back is still his best bowling effort imo and more worthy to boast about.
    No one is using this series to make this conclusion. He has been bowling like this even on flatter Asian surfaces.

Check Ashwin's 5fers, those were not on rank-turners. Most of those matches had India scoring 300 or 400+. He has been equally effective in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh too.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    That is no criteria to term a pitch rank turner. If anything, both of them have proven to be poor in these conditions.
    So you calling Bangalore a rank turner too?

Just cos Amla and ABD got out?

How about them not playing well in Bangalore (ABD did play well and got runs).

India were 80-0 in Bangalore at the close of play.
    I don't know why you're segmenting Bangalore from the other pitches, Indian pitches take far more spin in comparison to other Asian pitches, I don't see why that is such a difficult thing to acknowledge.

Bangladesh pitches are almost always pattas, Lankan pitches are sporting, UAE pitches are slow and only tend to take spin on the last couple of days.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yasir still has to bowl outside UAE/Sl to be called the best spinner even Jadeja looks lethal lethal in his comfort zone unless Yaisr delivers abroad he can;t lay a claim to best spinner title. We saw how toothless he can look once he gets off his comfort zone (odi's) so there is no guarantee he will bowl well abroad unless he shows.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is using this series to make this conclusion. He has been bowling like this even on flatter Asian surfaces.

Check Ashwin's 5fers, those were not on rank-turners. Most of those matches had India scoring 300 or 400+. He has been equally effective in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh too.
    Yaisr did equally well in SL and BD that does not prove Ashwin is better. Ashwin is better but its based not on your argument he is simply better because he has been doing what Yasir is doing consistently over a longer period.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't know why you're segmenting Bangalore from the other pitches, Indian pitches take far more spin in comparison to other Asian pitches, I don't see why that is such a difficult thing to acknowledge.

Bangladesh pitches are almost always pattas, Lankan pitches are sporting, UAE pitches are slow and only tend to take spin on the last couple of days.
    But would you call them rank-turners? Except for a handful of matches, most of those pitches had batsmen score plenty of runs.

Be it Australia series, England series or the last NZ/WI one, those were all high scoring. The way you attribute Ashwin's success to rank-turners is totally incorrect.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Not really.

Those were heavily dependent on tracks to get wickets.

Here he has flight and dip to get those wickets (both of which are not dependent on pitches).

Set Amla - 1st test 1st innings - Massive dip and turn to take him out
    Faf - 2nd test 1st innings - Massive dip and turn to take him out

Lot of his dismissals have had the dip component (see in cricinfo) but these 2 are the high profile ones.

Ashwin of 2013 doesn't hold a candle to this Ashwin.

Debut
    Nov 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bangladesh pitches are almost always pattas, Lankan pitches are sporting.

And Ashwin bowled there too, you can check the record to see how he performed on the pattas & sporting pitches.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Of course, there is some bullying going on these tracks.

But what he did in Bangalore was crazy good stuff. Jaddu got 4 wickets there too but you have to see the game to know the impact Ash created on Day 1 track there with little spin. The old Ash could have never done that.

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really.

Those were heavily dependent on tracks to get wickets.

Here he has flight and dip to get those wickets (both of which are not dependent on pitches).

Set Amla - 1st test 1st innings - Massive dip and turn to take him out
    Faf - 2nd test 1st innings - Massive dip and turn to take him out

Lot of his dismissals have had the dip component (see in cricinfo) but these 2 are the high profile ones.

Ashwin of 2013 doesn't hold a candle to this Ashwin.
    I saw both those wickets were not unplayable deliveries a more inform or confident batsman would have dealt with them with ease these pitches are giving Ashwin the opportunity to bowl confidently and use all his repertoire against mentally scarred batsmen

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Not even close. Ashwin has out-bowled/matched him on flatter Asian surfaces too.
    They were equals in Sri Lanka, even though Ashwin had a better supporting cast. Yasir Shah is clearly better in test cricket, there should be no doubts about that after this series. He's destroying teams just like Ashwin is but he's doing his stuff in the UAE which is a lot harder on spinners.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

You said its fair enough to call ALL pitches in India these days as rank turner.

So obviously someone will ask is bangalore a rank turner too?

For that, you can't say..why are you clubbing it aside from other tracks.

No one denies India produces MOST spin friendly tracks in the world. But all are rank turners? Nah.

And Bangalore wasn't even that spin friendly on Day 1. That's a fact.

Its not about willingness to acknowledge but about what's the truth.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    I saw both those wickets were not unplayable deliveries a more inform or confident batsman would have dealt with them with ease these pitches are giving Ashwin the opportunity to bowl confidently and use all his repertoire against mentally scarred batsmen
    Who denies that?

They weren't unplayable deliveries. Generally wickets are taken by outwitting the batsmen and not by unplayable ones.

I was responding to your point about Ash of 2013 against Aus being a better bowling performance. It wasn't.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhilash93 View Post
    And Ashwin bowled there too, you can check the record to see how he performed on the pattas & sporting pitches.
    He also bowled overseas and failed. Right now we only have one excellent series for Ashwin, outside of India and that was in Sri Lanka. He has been boosting his records by bowling in India and I don't see any reason for putting him above Yasir Shah in test matches, except for nationalistic pride.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They were equals in Sri Lanka, even though Ashwin had a better supporting cast. Yasir Shah is clearly better in test cricket, there should be no doubts about that after this series. He's destroying teams just like Ashwin is but he's doing his stuff in the UAE which is a lot harder on spinners.
    Check scores for India's last home series against Australia, England, NZ and WI. Those were all good batting tacks, and Ashwin was equally successful there too.

Honestly speaking, there is nothing to suggest that Yasir is a better spinner on flatter tracks. If you go by common tours, even then Ashwin actually turns out to be a better performer.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You said its fair enough to call ALL pitches in India these days as rank turner.

No one denies India produces MOST spin friendly tracks in the world. But all are rank turners? Nah.

Pakistani posters haven't checked the scorecards for India's past many series. 90% of the times, our pitches were good for batting and Ashwin was equally successful there too.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    But would you call them rank-turners? Except for a handful of matches, most of those pitches had batsmen score plenty of runs.

Be it Australia series, England series or the last NZ/WI one, those were all high scoring. The way you attribute Ashwin's success to rank-turners is totally incorrect.
    The fact of the matter is that the paucity of quality spinners around means that only India and Pakistan can boast of having a world class spinner, this means that opposition teams cannot exploit the relatively spinning conditions of the UAE and the overwhelmingly spinning conditions of India against the home teams and hence it mostly ends in lop sided victories for Pakistan and India.

In this series, even India have struggled to get past 250 against a nobody and two part timers.

I'm not attributing Ashwin's success entirely due to the pitches, yes it is a significant factor, he wouldn't be averaging below 25 on pitches that are more flatter though such as the UAE.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

So you disagree that in comparison with the ROW, that Indian pitches are not rank turners ?

Debut
    Jun 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in modern day cricket the concept of rank turner or a green top has changes the techniques with these the modern day batsmen grow up these pitches are a rank turner it may not be for batsmen who played 20 years back but for these current batsmen it is.

Debut
    Jun 2013
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    741 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhilash93 View Post
    Was it a better performance than Yasir on them ? I don't think so.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    In SC, indeed.

Eat, Sleep, Back The Team....Repeat!

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    What is the debate going on?

Looks like its just meandering.

1. Ashwin will average more in UAE than India. FACT.
    2. Ashwin will average more than 25 in UAE. Dunno. Maybe.
    3. Ashwin vs Yasir - Its unknown with little data (since both of them did equally well in common grounds - nothing much to compare them)

Now what are people comparing about?

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Check scores for India's last home series against Australia, England, NZ and WI. Those were all good batting tacks, and Ashwin was equally successful there too.

Honestly speaking, there is nothing to suggest that Yasir is a better spinner on flatter tracks. If you go by common tours, even then Ashwin actually turns out to be a better performer.
    No Electron, the pitches that were laid out for England were not good batting tracks. I don't think anyone is saying that all tracks in India are rank-turners but they are currently the only team that can play their home matches on such pitches and a good percentage of them are. Just like how not every pitch in the UAE is flat but a good majority of them are.

What common tours? They were equals in Sri Lanka but Ashwin had a better supporting spinner and Yasir hasn't played and failed overseas, while Ashwin has.

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Spin bowling is in an awful state if this guy is the best. Maybe Lyon should play LOI if that is all he has to beat to be the best.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Pakistani posters haven't checked the scorecards for India's past many series. 90% of the times, our pitches were good for batting and Ashwin was equally successful there too.
    SL, BD, UAE wickets are good for batting too, and we have seen in past that how bowler like Moeen Ali destroyed Indian batting. But still i believe if you play good, you can play against Ashwin,Jaddu in India. And who ever complains about pitches are childs.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    What is the debate going on?

Looks like its just meandering.

1. Ashwin will average more in UAE than India. FACT.
    2. Ashwin will average more than 25 in UAE. Dunno. Maybe.
    3. Ashwin vs Yasir - Its unknown with little data (since both of them did equally well in common grounds - nothing much to compare them)

Now what are people comparing about?
    Ego comparison, may be.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No Electron, the pitches that were laid out for England were not good batting tracks. I don't think anyone is saying that all tracks in India are rank-turners but they are currently the only team that can play their home matches on such pitches and a good percentage of them are. Just like how not every pitch in the UAE is flat but a good majority of them are.

What common tours? They were equals in Sri Lanka but Ashwin had a better supporting spinner and Yasir hasn't played and failed overseas, while Ashwin has.
    Another example where you are talking just for the sake of it.

1st Test Eng Vs India - India score 521/8, 80/1 .. England scored 406 in second inning.

2nd Test - India scored 327, 142, England scored 413, 58/0

3rd Test - England scored 523, India score 316, 247

4th Test - Both teams score 330+ all innings.

If you feel embarrassed about making false claims, please do not reply back.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indian tracks have traditionally been as flat as UAE ones, and if Yasir fans want to highlight a few rank turners to feel good about Yasir performances in Asia, then good luck.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Indian tracks have traditionally been as flat as UAE ones, and if Yasir fans want to highlight a few rank turners to feel good about Yasir performances in Asia, then good luck.
    Not in recent times. Not even close.

Cmon bro. Let's not go the whole distance like that.

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    Maybe Lyon should play LOI if that is all he has to beat to be the best.
    LOL. Calm down.

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not in recent times. Not even close.

Cmon bro. Let's not go the whole distance like that.
    You have all the last few series bro. Test against Aus/England/WI/NZ.. all were great batting surfaces. Ashwin and Bhajji were hitting tons.. right?

I think Pakistani posters here have found a good excuse to make a point and take credit away from Ashwin, which is unfortunate to say the least.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe at times only.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcat View Post
    Pretty much.

In tests, strike rates have little meaning. Averages are what you want to look at.
    LoL.The same isnt the case when PPers want to big up Waqar Younis.

aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ali2220 View Post
    Maybe at times only.
    Mostly actually. You are free to check the scorecards for Test matches played in India. I don't say things unless I am sure about them.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I would rather have ashwin than yasir in a playing XI at this point,

Ashwins batting is top class too.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yaisr did equally well in SL and BD that does not prove Ashwin is better. Ashwin is better but its based not on your argument he is simply better because he has been doing what Yasir is doing consistently over a longer period.
    Very well said. I think we need to wait and see how Yasir performs and then we will be able to judge better

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    You have all the last few series bro. Test against Aus/England/WI/NZ.. all were great batting surfaces. Ashwin and Bhajji were hitting tons.. right?

I think Pakistani posters here have found a good excuse to make a point and take credit away from Ashwin, which is unfortunate to say the least.
    While I don't understand some of the points being made here...Indian tests (England 2012 and Aus 2013 and now) have been very spin friendly. WI tests were batting friendly or normal I would say. NZ home series (where he averaged 12) was pretty normal too. But not others post that.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Did someone JUST SAY strike rates mean little in tests?

lol.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LoL.The same isnt the case when PPers want to big up Waqar Younis.
    Nothing to laugh about, for me it is always the strike rate.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Peshawar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2039 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

So you were asking other member to watch the series and then he should do comparison. Here i think you need the same thing bro.

Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    898 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    While I don't understand some of the points being made here...Indian tests (England 2012 and Aus 2013 and now) have been very spin friendly. WI tests were batting friendly or normal I would say. NZ home series (where he averaged 12) was pretty normal too. But not others post that.
    WI tests as in 2011 ones.

2013 was spin friendly but Shami did the most damage. lol.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackanhyellow View Post
    Honestly I would rather have ashwin than yasir in a playing XI at this point,

Ashwins batting is top class too.

I think Ash has an edge over Yasir currently, but eventually Yasir will leave Ash behind.
    Anyway both are fantastic and good for test cricket.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=bowling

Best avg among spinners in Asia.Better than even the legendary Murali.

aap ne naam to liyā merā
    -----Jaun Eliya

Debut
    Oct 2015
    Venue
    Mountains
    Runs
    Mentioned
    348 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    WI tests as in 2011 ones.

2013 was spin friendly but Shami did the most damage. lol.
    No brother.

1st Test - West Indies 304 and 180; India 209 and 276/5

2nd Test - India 631/7d; West Indies 153 and 463

3rd Test - West Indies 590 and 134; India 482 and 242/9

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-...es/535995.html

No matter what the series, crazy runs have been scored in India and Ashwin still shone bright. Anyone who thinks that Ashwin's wickets in India were any easier is being biased.

Debut
    Jul 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yasir wont be more devastating on rank turners because these kind of pitches suits off spinners more than leggie. Even in this game, Imran Tahir was nothing special and SA no name off spinners took most wickets.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Another example where you are talking just for the sake of it.

1st Test Eng Vs India - India score 521/8, 80/1 .. England scored 406 in second inning.

2nd Test - India scored 327, 142, England scored 413, 58/0

3rd Test - England scored 523, India score 316, 247

4th Test - Both teams score 330+ all innings.

If you feel embarrassed about making false claims, please do not reply back.
    This is almost as bad as looking at Ashwin's and Shah's averages in Asia and deducing that the former is better from that. Cook and KP played some superb innings in that series, they would not have been lauded as much if they were playing on flat tracks.

The batsmen playing out of their skins is why they were able to score runs. Things were certainly not as bad as the current series but to say that those were batting friendly conditions is laughable.

Laughable stuff to say the least. It is to be expected of Electron though, he has been trying so hard to put India's bowling on the level of Pakistan, over two different accounts.