Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beating your children?

No, I didn't get a beating from my parents just now (not since I was 12 anyways).

Yesterday, we had some guests over for lunch. The couple only have one child so I guess he is kind of spoiled, and his parents don't believe in hitting children. Anyways, so the kid's dad was saying some jokes about him and then, right in front of everyone, the kid got up and kicked his father! Not once, but like 4 times! And he is not 2 years old, he is 14 (and his father was not saying insulting jokes about him...they were more along the lines of funny childhood stories).

The father was embarrassed and it was an awkward moment for all...we tried to laugh about it (to diffuse the tense situation) but deep inside, all of us were quite shocked and were thinking, "Slap that child! If not now, then when you get home at least".

Anyways, so I was thinking, how do PPers who have children discipline them? Because I know a lot of young couples who don't believe in hitting children as a means of discipline...they think it causes "trauma". But, a slap or two on some occasions wouldn't really cause trauma now would it?

And, if you don't have children, how would you discipline your child if you had one? For those who did get occasional beatings, do you think it worked or were you traumatized?

I personally believe that sometimes, kids need a slap or two to set them straight.
    Last edited by violet_may; 26th June 2011 at 06:02.

Beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined - Nas

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    oh hell yea, its a must.

the very rare times I got whupped by my dad, I never forgot it.

Proud Shehri of Misbah Ka Pakistan

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitting, slapping, beating a child will only make the child immune to them. This will mean that the child will get used to getting beat so it will have no effect on them.

Discipline is taught by not beating the child. My uncle has implemented a very adult like approach with his 8 year old child where the child automatically knows where he is wrong and apologises. The worst comes to worst my uncle doesnt talk to his child.

Not beating the child shouldnt mean that the child could do anything that s/he wills but here are many other ways of discipline a child.

The child you have described sounds like a brat whose parents have little control over him. he probably acts in this way at home.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Nah, I don't think i'd be able to hit my children. I am not the type.

I had a relative who slapped their child (only once or twice) and that child passed away. It's just not worth it, in my opinion. In a fit of rage, you tend to forget it's a child and you really lean into the slap/hitting. Parents think they can control how hard they hit, but they can't. After that incident, my parents never hit me or my sister.

In the end, it's all on the raising of that child. You see children who act like idiots regardless of whether you hit them or not. They tend to get used to the hitting and shake it off. While, there are children that are shaking in their boots at the idea of getting hit.

If the child is going to be a clown, mode of discipline won't matter.

The father in that situation should have yelled at him. Not hitting a child doesn't mean all modes of discipline go out the window.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he kicked his dad at the age of 14!?
    See that's the thing me and my siblings were all slapped as children (my mom only my dad never hit us) but we grew up to be well mannered and have respect for elders and stuff. Seriously I think if I wasn't beaten as a child I would've been a brat. But my youngest brother (he's 6) has rarely been beaten and he'd just randomly go kick my dad or say stuff along the lines of just be quiet when someone's talking and stuff.
    Besides don't wanna generalise or come across as racist but most of my white friends have never been beaten (they got sent to their room ) and now they complain about their parents all the time!

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    In your imagination
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by violet_may View Post
    Anyways, so the kid's dad was saying some jokes about him and then, right in front of everyone, the kid got up and kicked his father! Not once, but like 4 times!
    Kicked his father? Like did he kick him hard and where did he kick him?

Personally, my dad rarely gets angry with me let alone come close to hitting me. My mom used to slap me when I was younger.

From my personal experience with kids, it is very difficult to handle some without slapping them at all. They just become uncontrollable otherwise. But, I usually have to handle kids of my aunts' and I try to engage them intelligently but that is because I don't handle them everyday and I don't have a responsibility to teach them things.

If you're a parent, I believe that you need to slap the kid occasionally. May be there are good kids who are responsible and sensible and rarely go wrong. But, there certainly are those ones who need to be reigned in. (also, I don't think those kids turn that way because of their upbringing, some are just naturally naughty) They just can not understand that they are inconveniencing others and embarrassing their parents with their antics.

It is important to make sure that you don't hit the kid often. Even if it doesn't injure or traumatize him/her it loses it's effect and kids don't care about getting slapped after a certain point of time. Judicious usage of force makes sure that it is effective and you're not hurting the kid at the same time.

My one regret in life is that I am not someone else.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMBA View Post
    Hitting, slapping, beating a child will only make the child immune to them. This will mean that the child will get used to getting beat so it will have no effect on them.

Discipline is taught by not beating the child. My uncle has implemented a very adult like approach with his 8 year old child where the child automatically knows where he is wrong and apologises. The worst comes to worst my uncle doesnt talk to his child.

Not beating the child shouldnt mean that the child could do anything that s/he wills but here are many other ways of discipline a child.

The child you have described sounds like a brat whose parents have little control over him. he probably acts in this way at home.
    the key is to make it count, it has to be special, like a triple hundred.

do it once or twice, so that it leaves an indelible mark.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes its necessary.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Some of the beatings I saw in Pakistan, gosh those aren't humane.

There is discipline and than there is abuse. In Pakistan, many parents cross the line by miles.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    the key is to make it count, it has to be special, like a triple hundred.

do it once or twice, so that it leaves an indelible mark.
    Yes- I agree.

Beating, slapping should be the last resort and rarely used but as grown up we need to understand that its a child after all so should try to speak to them first to highlight where the child has gone so the child can understand the difference between good, bad.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post
    Nah, I don't think i'd be able to hit my children. I am not the type.

I had a relative who slapped their child (only once or twice) and that child passed away. It's just not worth it, in my opinion. In a fit of rage, you tend to forget it's a child and you really lean into the slap/hitting. Parents think they can control how hard they hit, but they can't. After that incident, my parents never hit me or my sister.

In the end, it's all on the raising of that child. You see children who act like idiots regardless of whether you hit them or not. They tend to get used to the hitting and shake it off. While, there are children that are shaking in their boots at the idea of getting hit.

If the child is going to be a clown, mode of discipline won't matter.

The father in that situation should have yelled at him. Not hitting a child doesn't mean all modes of discipline go out the window.
    oh that's so sad to hear especially for the parents :/ I can understand after hearing a story like that you think it's just not worth it. But the thing with yelling is that's something that parents do more often so that's what they would get used to. But if you hit a child only when you know they've completely crossed the line or something it can teach them a lot.
    Although I know of a dad who hits his oldest child a lot and completely spoils his other two children. It's quite unfair on that kid cuz he's actually afraid of his dad when he enters the room or comes close to him he just raises his hands in self defence!

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its also always was funny when a sibling or cousin would get a beating. So its disciplines one child and boosts the morale of the others. Very effective

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use to be of the opinion that hitting (I don't mean violently or in a psycho manner like some Asian parents do) a kid is fine BUT since becoming a father my opinion has changed - I am not comfortable with that and it is not something I would personally do

Although I feel that it did me no harm when I used to get hit as a kid, I am not convinced it is the right way to go

I think discipline is a MUST - though discipline does not have to be in a physical manner

Though any 14 year old kid that kicks his dad has issues and probably deserves a beating

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spanking when used in extreme situations of petulance, can be very effective tool for a parent. But if it's used for every small thing, then it loses the effect and kids could become more rebellious.

Besides, corporal punishment is a crime these days. A Texas mom was handed down a five year probation sentence for reportedly spanking her kid. Read more @ http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/...e_effects.html

Debut
    Nov 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    928 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I personally believe that sometimes, kids need a slap or two to set them straight.
    Never did me any harm. Mum used to give me regular clips.

Dad did just the once, and I never cheeked him again. The understanding that I had sorely provoked one of the kindliest and and gentlest of men stayed with me forever.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    In your imagination
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is discipline and than there is abuse. In Pakistan, many parents cross the line by miles.

That's not the way to go about

This is.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my cousin has to be the most stubborn child I've known! I kinda feel sorry for his parents. Everytime he's doing something wrong and they tell him to stop he just looks them straight in the eye and keeps doing it until my aunt loses patience and shouts at him or hits him and he just cries for a while and goes back to what he was doing while looking at them fully aware of what he's doing is wrong.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    In your imagination
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theglitterconspiracy View Post
    my cousin has to be the most stubborn child I've known! I kinda feel sorry for his parents. Everytime he's doing something wrong and they tell him to stop he just looks them straight in the eye and keeps doing it until my aunt loses patience and shouts at him or hits him and he just cries for a while and goes back to what he was doing while looking at them fully aware of what he's doing is wrong.
    Poor kid.

He is getting immune to beatings.

His parents need to be a bit patient with him and tell him to not do those things lovingly. They need to try and make the kid feel guilty by acting disappointed whilst not hitting him or being angry at him.

Clearly the fear approach is not working for them.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I feel sorry for the parents more than the kid!
    yea my mom always tells my aunt to have more patience but seriously her kids are so annoying lol! They're those excessively hyper kind the daughter is only 8-9 months old and she acts like a brat (in a cute way though)

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parents are out of luck spanking their kids today in NA can get them in serious trouble!!!

Texas Mom Gets Probation, Loses Kids, for Spanking her Daughter

A Texas mom has been sentenced to probation and has lost custody of her children for spanking her daughter.

Rosalina Gonzáles of Corpus Christi pleaded guilty on Wednesday to Injury to a Child for swatting the 2-year-old on her buttocks.

According to prosecutors, Gonzáles in December hit the girl with an open hand, leaving some red marks.

Police arrested Gonzáles after the child's grandmother reported the injuries and took the child to a hospital.

Gonzáles will serve five years probation, take parenting classes and follow guidelines laid out by Child Protective Services

KZTV10.com reports that the ruling judge in the case made it clear that spanking is a crime.

"You don't spank children today," Judge Jose Longoria is quoted as having said. "In the old days, maybe we got spanked, but there was a different quarrel. You don't spank children."

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...#ixzz1QKJA5tz0
    Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...#ixzz1QKJ5rJH8

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Schaden Freud View Post
    Kicked his father? Like did he kick him hard and where did he kick him?

Personally, my dad rarely gets angry with me let alone come close to hitting me. My mom used to slap me when I was younger.

From my personal experience with kids, it is very difficult to handle some without slapping them at all. They just become uncontrollable otherwise. But, I usually have to handle kids of my aunts' and I try to engage them intelligently but that is because I don't handle them everyday and I don't have a responsibility to teach them things.

If you're a parent, I believe that you need to slap the kid occasionally. May be there are good kids who are responsible and sensible and rarely go wrong. But, there certainly are those ones who need to be reigned in. (also, I don't think those kids turn that way because of their upbringing, some are just naturally naughty) They just can not understand that they are inconveniencing others and embarrassing their parents with their antics.

It is important to make sure that you don't hit the kid often. Even if it doesn't injure or traumatize him/her it loses it's effect and kids don't care about getting slapped after a certain point of time. Judicious usage of force makes sure that it is effective and you're not hurting the kid at the same time.
    His dad was sitting on the sofa and the kid was just kicking him on the legs (the kicks looked hard tbh)...the father was just trying to defend himself . And then, his mom was like "Yeh toh sirf bacha hai...*hahahaha*".

Agree with the bold part. And my mom would always slap me on my arm or buttocks region , never near my face or head. I am not saying pick up a baseball bat and thrash your kid..but a slap is necessary sometimes, like you said.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Never did me any harm. Mum used to give me regular clips.

Dad did just the once, and I never cheeked him again. The understanding that I had sorely provoked one of the kindliest and and gentlest of men stayed with me forever.
    No "Go to your room and think about what you have done!" eh Robert?

Didn't know white folks' kids also got spankings now and then

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMBA View Post

Agree with this.

Instill fear in them without actually hitting, let them know it can come and will be painful when it does. That fear alone will keep them straight

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    England/ Mirpur AJK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used to get beat by my mum mostly[only when i did something wrong] and it kept me in line. When my dad whupped me i would think twice before doing something bad. My younger brother is about 12 and he gets away with things i would get whooped for. This generation is so lucky but so spoiled. I kinda envy them. Lol why do p**i parents use chuppals all the time seriously.
    Last edited by pakistanalltheway; 26th June 2011 at 03:27.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get one trashing from my Dad everyday as a kid , some times twice ..looking back think deserved each one of those & may be more

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea that's true about some Pakistani parents.

But I always got hugs and kisses from Mom after getting a pitai. She would explain what I did wrong after my temper tantrum would subside .

I don't know KU. If my kid kicked me at a dinner party...he/she would be getting a slap. It sounds mean, but only when kids get out of hand, I think it is necessary sometimes.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanalltheway View Post
    i used to get beat by my mum mostly[only when i did something wrong] and it kept me in line. When my dad whupped me i would think twice before doing something bad. My younger brother is about 12 and he gets away with things i would get whooped for. This generation is so lucky but so spoiled. I kinda envy them. Lol why do p**i parents use chuppals all the time seriously.
    chappals? would be hairbrush or fly swatter in my case, lol.

Mom used the swatter like

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because you can throw them should the kid get out of your grasp

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all the time

those gosh darn kids...playin on ma property

but no seriously...if a kid is to grow up as a disciplined and good person it is necessary he is thought the hard way as a kid

you have to respect your parents...they will not do half of the stuff then...like drink alcohal or start smoking and all of that stuff...
    Last edited by Prince_Pathan; 26th June 2011 at 03:36.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

try Belt & power chord ..those really hurt dude

" you don't play for the crowd, you play for your country " - MSD

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fly swatter be perfect for you AZ. Kyun kay tum BINN BINN bohat kartay ho! Jab dekho, "ROAR!"

How about jharoo? My bro got beat by tinkay wala jharoo once.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    England/ Mirpur AJK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because you can throw them should the kid get out of your grasp
    that's why i would grab the chappal out of the hand and run. After a while they just give up chasing you.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ITGuy View Post
    Parents are out of luck spanking their kids today in NA can get them in serious trouble!!!

Texas Mom Gets Probation, Loses Kids, for Spanking her Daughter

Read more: http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...#ixzz1QKJ5rJH8
    Just for spanking on the butt? Lame.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    England/ Mirpur AJK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    That sounds like some legit abuse LOLL

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    The Den...
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn!!! If i kicked my dad i would be choke slammed, power bombed and then given the ankle lock!!! (rightly so)

"Though Afridi couldn't win the world cup, for 30 days he turned his country into a nation"

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    England/ Mirpur AJK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my friends mum doesn't believe in hitting children. Anyways she would give my friend 20 pounds every week for tuition. He would go and spent the money but not go to tuition he did it for 3 weeks spending 60 pounds on crap. When his mum found out she lost the hump picked up the hoover machines pole and gave him a big whooping. Now he is okay and doesn't mess around so much.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    England/ Mirpur AJK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray_jackson7 View Post
    Damn!!! If i kicked my dad i would be choke slammed, power bombed and then given the ankle lock!!! (rightly so)
    lol whos your dad this guy ?

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bata chappal and a raapta every now and then; didn't do me no harm.

Debut
    Jun 2008
    Venue
    The Den...
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol whos your dad this guy ?
    More like Old school Kane

I joke though, my dads awesome. Beating were given but only when deserved and i think they helped.

"Though Afridi couldn't win the world cup, for 30 days he turned his country into a nation"

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    England/ Mirpur AJK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kray_jackson7 View Post
    More like Old school Kane

I joke though, my dads awesome. Beating were given but only when deserved and i think they helped.

same thing with my dad hes my role model

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to regularly get my *** kicked as a kid. It was an interesting situation because my mom would beat me (although not very hard at all) almost every other day. My dad, however, only did it when it was something serious. He hit much harder than my mom too, and made sure I never repeated the mistake. In retrospect, I would say that in my case it worked. In fact, nowadays I often recollect memories of my beatings with my parents, and we laugh about it together.

With that being said, I've also witnessed beatings go horribly wrong. I have an uncle who used to thrash his kid regularly. During the kid's younger years, he would get beat often, and severely; however, my family didn't think too much of it, and assumed that it was just his style of discipline. However, as the kid got older, the beatings become more severe. It got to the point where the father would come home drunk and reduce his kid to pulp almost every day. One day, the kid(my cousin) snaps, and punches his father in the mouth during one of the beatings. Father lost 4 teeth, and they haven't talked to each other since.

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jusarrived View Post
    Damn, yea that's some serious hardware.

Belt is so filmi

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Lala-land
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good old style chittrol! That oughta set 'em straight!
    Last edited by Desi_Joker; 26th June 2011 at 04:38.

Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kicking/hitting your father is seriously not on, how the father didn't react to that is quite incredible.

Slaps once in a while when the child really deserves it should be tolerated as the he/she should realise not to commit the offence again. However, parents going overboard by using accessories is dangerous and quite ludicrous. There's a limit.

It's important for children to have the utmost respect for parents, the kid wouldn’t have kicked his dad had he had this in him.

Anyhow, it’s important for the child to not get emotionally upset, hence it’s important to control your anger and as parents, to always counter any anger moments by showing love to the child.

"Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My parents used to only beat me when i was out of control after that i would calm dow and then they felt more sorry than i did

3 kinds of people; some make things happen, some watch it happen and others who say what happened?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it makes u stronger...these guys have to drive on some of the most dangerous roads in the world...this kid getting tonked in the muu will probably grow up stronger and more resiliant

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ^ That's cruel, what a dangerous road. Neck on the line.

"Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got no issues with parents who have hit their kids...as long as its not psycho asian chappal style. If I had kids I think I would if they did something that I felt was deserving of a slap...definetly not going over the top though.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireworks11 View Post
    ^ That's cruel, what a dangerous road. Neck on the line.
    the guy does say in the full documentary that he is proud of his brother...so i mean its out of love

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Pathan View Post
    the guy does say in the full documentary that he is proud of his brother...so i mean its out of love
    Very courageous and brave of the boy to take it normally and continue driving. Tough guy.

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wouldn't beat them at all, but a light slap is a must if they do something wrong, they must be disciplined

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    England/ Mirpur AJK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it makes u stronger...these guys have to drive on some of the most dangerous roads in the world...this kid getting tonked in the muu will probably grow up stronger and more resiliant
    amazing how he doesn't go over the edge while getting slapped

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
    i wouldn't beat them at all, but a light slap is a must if they do something wrong, they must be disciplined
    Yeah tbh I think a slap is as far as I would go.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    amazing how he doesn't go over the edge while getting slapped
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireworks11 View Post
    Very courageous and brave of the boy to take it normally and continue driving. Tough guy.
    builds serious mental discipline

sometimes as a kid its good to get this sort of stuff out of the system...prepares you for the life ahead and enables you to truly respect your mum and dad

have never touched alcohal
    dont smoke
    dont go out clubbing

i probably thank the disciplining for this because i know plenty of pakistanis who do all of the above...

Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    builds serious mental discipline

sometimes as a kid its good to get this sort of stuff out of the system...prepares you for the life ahead and enables you to truly respect your mum and dad

have never touched alcohal
    dont smoke
    dont go out clubbing

i probably thank the disciplining for this because i know plenty of pakistanis who do all of the above...
    i was never touched by my parents and never did those mentioned above. smacking someone every 2 seconds doesn't make them hate alcohol or weed

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Amreeka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread reminds me of the poster amir-majidbhutt fan (or something like that). Hilarious guy..

anybody know who I am talking about?

God will take you thru hell, just to take you to heaven..

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very interesting read...

had the odd beats growing up, though sporadically. It was actually my mum, though only gave out less than a handful throughout my childhood, who'd go absolutely mental... as above, chappals flying across the room, sticks, u name it..

in terms of my kid, this is a real dilemma on how to approach discipline, and I wonder about this a fair bit.. he's already aware of doing things wrong or when he's being told not to do something, though at times continues doing it knowing it gets a reaction... tried different things, naughty step etc, and mrs has given the odd light tap on the nappy when he starts hitting his little 1 yr old sister, but haven't worked out the best way to deal with it yet... I'm sure the experience will help over time.... but it is something to think about on how to approach discipline through the kids growing years...

one thing I'm picking up from this thread is, or rather a reminder, is that when you do give out any beatings, say the father (or I guess it could be either mother or father, depending on the type of role and relationship you have with the child and mother, or the dynamics rather), to do it sparingly, and only when it's really required, and something that will be remembered...

ultimately, I do believe that some types of hitting can form part the options for implementing discipline, and can be effective if used right..

as for the yoot who was kicking his father, first off that kinda of shizzle would never be happening under my watch, and if it did, he'd straight be gettin some serious beats... as Kray says, some ankle lock or sharpshooter type business would have to run...

Wasim, the legend of all ages...

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think spanking a kid is wrong and should constitute as physical violence. If its wrong to hit an adult, therefore by extension it is wrong to hit a child.

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on water, but to walk on Earth.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Down2Earth View Post
    i was never touched by my parents and never did those mentioned above. smacking someone every 2 seconds doesn't make them hate alcohol or weed
    when did i say i got beat up

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll beat the crap outta my kids ... I don't care what affect it will have in the future.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never received any beating from my parents But, it sounds like fun though. I'll probably spank my kids just for the lulz.
    Last edited by Sanchez; 26th June 2011 at 08:03.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    This thread reminds me of the poster amir-majidbhutt fan (or something like that). Hilarious guy..

anybody know who I am talking about?
    Why does the thread remind you of him...? He had an experience with naughty children as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Crusher View Post
    very interesting read...

had the odd beats growing up, though sporadically. It was actually my mum, though only gave out less than a handful throughout my childhood, who'd go absolutely mental... as above, chappals flying across the room, sticks, u name it..

in terms of my kid, this is a real dilemma on how to approach discipline, and I wonder about this a fair bit.. he's already aware of doing things wrong or when he's being told not to do something, though at times continues doing it knowing it gets a reaction... tried different things, naughty step etc, and mrs has given the odd light tap on the nappy when he starts hitting his little 1 yr old sister, but haven't worked out the best way to deal with it yet... I'm sure the experience will help over time.... but it is something to think about on how to approach discipline through the kids growing years...

one thing I'm picking up from this thread is, or rather a reminder, is that when you do give out any beatings, say the father (or I guess it could be either mother or father, depending on the type of role and relationship you have with the child and mother, or the dynamics rather), to do it sparingly, and only when it's really required, and something that will be remembered...

ultimately, I do believe that some types of hitting can form part the options for implementing discipline, and can be effective if used right..

as for the yoot who was kicking his father, first off that kinda of shizzle would never be happening under my watch, and if it did, he'd straight be gettin some serious beats... as Kray says, some ankle lock or sharpshooter type business would have to run...
    Raising young kids is tough...I had to babysit a very naughty 6 year old once. And she spat on my foot when I tried to discipline her! And then kids go through their teenage rebellion phase. It never ends.

The parents of this kid should have disciplined him earlier. He shouldn't even be hitting his father at the age of 14 to begin with.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    I think spanking a kid is wrong and should constitute as physical violence. If its wrong to hit an adult, therefore by extension it is wrong to hit a child.
    No.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.
    Why no?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vm ur such a child beater

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raising young kids is tough...I had to babysit a very naughty 6 year old once. And she spat on my foot when I tried to discipline her! And then kids go through their teenage rebellion phase. It never ends.

The parents of this kid should have disciplined him earlier. He shouldn't even be hitting his father at the age of 14 to begin with.
    Exactly... this went all wrong well before this dinner party...

could be numerous factors - spoilt upbringing, brat... had his own way a lot, lack of time and discipline from the father... walkover etc... could be many things...

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^
    Don't force me to write an essay. I just wrote one on Bollywood songs
    Last edited by violet_may; 26th June 2011 at 08:05.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's wrong, some kids are unruly and need some discipline. That being said, I wasn't hit as a kid and I probably wouldn't hit my kids either.

I plan to just do this when they do something wrong:

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaiwala View Post
    Why no?
    I agree with her... where did such a statement or the logic behind it come from "If its wrong to hit an adult, therefore by extension it is wrong to hit a child."

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkmix View Post
    I'll beat the crap outta my kids ... I don't care what affect it will have in the future.
    Why not just buy a punching bag instead of reproducing one?

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Amreeka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does the thread remind you of him...? He had an experience with naughty children as well?
    Found his post!
    Oiginally Posted by MajidBhuta-AamirFan
    my dad is good very in chhittter massage, when i was young ans do the bad things he was ued to give a very nice chhitters massage at home, one time my mom called the police and they put him in jail for 3 day bcoz of that chhitter massage on sore ***. I wish pcb hired my dad for few days and u can clearly see such a good chhitter massage for players like imran farhat.

God will take you thru hell, just to take you to heaven..

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I don't think it's wrong, some kids are unruly and need some discipline. That being said, I wasn't hit as a kid and I probably wouldn't hit my kids either.

I plan to just do this when they do something wrong:

GOAT you never got spanked? Not saying hitting as in jootay ki barsaat, but like a light slap when one tries to burn their brother's arm or something?

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Vancouver
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KU, that is so over dramatic . No one is suggesting to pummel your kids (except kkmix...God help us all). Most parents would not go to that extreme.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GOAT you never got spanked? Not saying hitting as in jootay ki barsaat, but like a light slap when one tries to burn their brother's arm or something?
    That's cannibalism right there, no spanking would do any good for something like that, Will probably need to visit a psychologist on why human's never eat another human
    Last edited by Sanchez; 26th June 2011 at 08:19.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got hit once or twice, maybe a small slap on the arm or something but that's not hitting lol. Light slaps are just that... if that's considered "hitting" then I dunno. Those don't really hurt or anything. I thought we were talking about being hit with the force of Thor's hammer here.

Light hitting is fine IMO, as long as you're not hurting the kid. It sends them the message that what they did is wrong and punishable. Negative behaviour = negative consequence.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Australia
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaiwala View Post
    Why no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Toe Crusher View Post
    I agree with her... where did such a statement or the logic behind it come from "If its wrong to hit an adult, therefore by extension it is wrong to hit a child."
    If someone spanked you (against your will), would you count it as violence or at least a criminal invasion of your body?

The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on water, but to walk on Earth.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    KU, that is so over dramatic . No one is suggesting to pummel your kids (except kkmix...God help us all). Most parents would not go to that extreme.
    I know, but it still shows what an adult could potentially do to a child in anger.

Many parents take out their stress on the children and chalk it up as discipline. I know you were talking about just a slap here and there, but many parents (Pakistani and non-Pakistani) don't have control.

Anyway, in Canada you are risking serious punishment by raising your hand on a child. It's something like 1-6 months (depends on severity) in jail and losing your child.
    Last edited by kingusama92; 26th June 2011 at 08:28.

Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    If someone spanked you (against your will), would you count it as violence or at least a criminal invasion of your body?
    That someone did not feed me bathed me cleaned me etc. when I could not do anything of my own. All this new age talk of children's rights would only make sense if the parents had similar rights. So if a child spits at someone would that constitute some sort of assault.

By your logic why is their need for a juvenile prison system for young offenders?