Instagram

Pakistan vs Australia 2014 (UAE)

Sohail Speaks Ponty''s Blog Fountain's Pen

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Future Tours Programme

Results 1 to 80 of 96
  1. #1
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Runs
    1,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    The Future Tours Programme

    http://static.icc-cricket.yahoo.net/...5170164_66.pdf

    Overall at first glance not as bad as feared in the previous thread. Not sure if its finalised. Only 1 series v India but if there is a political thaw sure that will change.

    2011

    Sep Zim (A) 2 tests
    Oct Sri Lanka (h) 3 tests
    Dec Bangladesh (a) 2 tests

    2012

    Jan England (h) 3 tests
    Mar India (a) 3 tests
    Apr Bangladesh (h) 2 tests
    May Sri Lanka (a) 3 tests
    Dec Zimbabwe (a) 2 tests

    13 tests

    2013

    Jan South Africa (a) 3 tests
    June West Indies (a) 2 tests
    Oct South Africa (h) 2 tests
    Dec Sri Lanka (h) 3 tests

    10 tests

    2014

    Oct Australia (h) 3 tests
    Nov New Zealand (h) 3 tests
    Dec Zimbabwe (h) 2 tests

    8 tests

    2015

    Jan Bangladesh (a) 2 tests
    Jun Zimbabwe (a) 2 tests
    Oct England (h) 3 tests
    Dec New Zealand (a) 3 tests

    10 tests

    2016

    Feb Sri Lanka (a) 3 tests
    Jul England (a) 4 tests
    Oct West Indies (h) 2 tests
    Dec Australia (a) 3 tests

    12 tests

    2017

    Feb Bangladesh (h) 2 tests
    Mar West Indies (a) 2 tests
    Oct Sri Lanka (h) 3 tests

    7 tests

    2018

    Mar Zimbabwe (a) 2 tests
    May England (a) 2 tests [India play a 5 test series that summer]
    Oct New Zealand (h) 3 tests
    Dec South Africa (a) 3 tests

    10 tests

    2019

    Feb Australia (h) 3 tests
    Mar Bangladesh (a) 2 tests
    Nov Australia (a) 3 tests
    Dec New Zealand (a) 3 tests

    11 tests
    Last edited by cornered paktiger; 30th June 2011 at 13:23.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    9,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    13 2-match series!



    I would rather have a 1 odd match instead, or 3, but not 2!

  3. #3
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    759
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pak playing 65 tests only, bangladesh and zimbabwe are the only teams playing lesser games in this period

  4. #4
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    centre of the earth
    Runs
    1,265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wats with so many 7 odi series for india?

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Runs
    1,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eht View Post
    pak playing 65 tests only, bangladesh and zimbabwe are the only teams playing lesser games in this period
    Unless I got my maths wrong or misread the table we'll be playing 81 tests from 2012 to 2019 which is a lot better than expected. Of course this number may increase if the Pak-Ind politicians want to get it on.

    Equally I can see some of the Zim and Bangladesh planned series falling away due to lack of interest.

    The one thing that annoys me are the 2 test series against the Windies, South Africa and England. Make them 3 and we've got a good schedule with an extra 5 tests (albeit not a great balance - some years are mouth watering others fail to whet the appetite).

    Really hope the situation improves at home and we can have some home series at home. Can't see it happening for at least 3 years minimum.
    Last edited by cornered paktiger; 29th June 2011 at 20:38.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    759
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/520738.html
    not sure about the credibility though

  7. #7
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    536
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting but why 2 test series :/ Hopefully we will start again in Pakistan soon


    Proud Fan Of Younis Khan and Azhar Ali!

  8. #8
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The People's Arena
    Runs
    18,730
    Mentioned
    1446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eht View Post
    pak playing 65 tests only, bangladesh and zimbabwe are the only teams playing lesser games in this period
    Pakistan, who have had to play their home series at neutral venues in recent times due to security concerns in their own country, will host Bangladesh and Australia in 2012, and South Africa in 2013. They will play 88 Tests in total till April 2020.
    Last edited by Batman; 29th June 2011 at 22:50.


    Interested in Sports? Just visit us now here! 'Sports Corner'

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My God who planned this thing? It's so repetitive!

  10. #10
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    28,117
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Can't wait for the England tour in 2016.



    "Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

  11. #11
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Runs
    1,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it has been finalised and the info in my opening post was correct. http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/521285.html http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DO..._2011_2020.pdf

  12. #12
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Runs
    1,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In an 8 year period I'd hope for 4 series against each country (2 home and 2 away) of 3 tests each (bar Zimbabawe and Bangladesh which O'm content to be of 2 tests each).

    This is how the FTP measures up against that yardstick.

    Australia


    4 series. 2 home, 2 away of 3 tests each. Total 12 tests. Success

    England

    4 series. 2 home, 2 away. Home tests are 3 + 3; Away 4 + 2. Total 12 tests = success save that the 2 test series in 2018 should be 3.

    India

    1 series away of 3 tests. Total = 3 tests. Fail but all depends on politics and may change.

    South Africa

    3 series. 2 away of 3 tests each. 1 home of 2 tests. Total 8 tests. Fail - should be 2 home series of 3 tests each.

    West Indies

    3 series. 2 away, 1 home all 2 tests each. Total 6 tests. Fail by some distance.

    Sri Lanka

    4 series. 2 home, 2 away of 3 tests each. Total 12 tests. Success.

    New Zealand


    4 series. 2 home, 2 away of 3 tests each. Total 12 tests. Success.

    Bangladesh

    4 series. 2 home, 2 away of 2 tests each. Total 8 tests. Success.

    Zimbabwe

    4 series. 1 home, 3 away of 2 tests each. Total 8 tests. Success.

    Overall I'm happy save for South Africa and West Indies comments. India is out of the hands of the administrators and that may or may not change. Interesting that in the FTP certain periods have been pencilled in Pak and India's diaries probably for that ourpose.

    Of course this is liable to change - the last FTP had countless revisions.
    Last edited by cornered paktiger; 30th June 2011 at 08:36.

  13. #13
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Your hearts <3
    Runs
    45,938
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too many 7 ODI series for India


    Duniya ki sochugi saade baare, Eh gal billo chhad de.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    3,025
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolSERAZ View Post
    wats with so many 7 odi series for india?
    Because everyone knows how India fans can't get enough of ODI's!

    Seriously though, it's probably because ODI's not only draw bigger TV audiences than the IPL for example, but they also last longer, so there's more potential for selling advertising. I'm guessing that a T20 international would probably have to get close to double the TV audience of an ODI to make the same amount of money from TV.

    What's more, Indian fans always do turn out in their droves to watch 50 over cricket, which gives these games an incredible atmosphere. I have never heard of an ODI featuring India in India not being a sell-out.

    Of course, excessively long ODI series and too much cricket in general leads to player burn-out, and a serious deterioration in the quality of cricket on offer, but the BCCI doesn't worry about that as long as the millions keep tuning in to keep the sponsors happy.

    And this isn't purely a dig at the BCCI, the ECB is every bit as bad in terms of subjecting its players to excessive workload.

  15. #15
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    28,117
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Why are we touring Zim again in 2012 after touring this year?


    "Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

  16. #16
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    1,697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ICC's FTP - Pakistan's program 2012 to 2020

    2012

    To India - 3 Test 5 ODIs
    Host Bangladesh - 2 Test 3 ODIs
    To Sri Lanka - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 2T20I
    Host Australia 5 ODIs - 1T20

    2013

    To Zimbabwe - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 2 T20Is
    To South Africa - 3 Tests - 5 ODIs - 2 T20Is
    To West Indies - 2 Test - 5 ODIs
    Host South Africa - 2 Test - 5 ODIs - 3 T20Is
    Host Sri Lanka - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 5T20Is


    2014
    To Bangladesh - Tri Series - Pakistan/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka
    Host Australia - 3 Tests
    Host New Zealand = 3 Tests - 3 ODIs - 1 T20I
    Host Zimbabwe - 2 Tests - 2 ODIs - 2 T20Is

    2015
    To Banglades - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 1 T20I
    To Zimbabwe - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 1 T20I
    Host England - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I
    To New Zealand - 3 Test - 5 ODIs 1 T20I

    2016
    To Sri Lanka - 3 Tests - 5 ODIs - 2 T20Is
    To England - 4 Tests - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I
    Host West Indies - 2 Test - 5 ODIs - 2T20Is
    To Australia - 3 Tests - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I

    2017
    Host Bangladesh - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 1T20I
    To West Indies - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 2T20Is
    Host Sri Lanka - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 2T20Is

    2018
    To Zimbabwe - 3 Tests - 2 ODIs - 1T20I
    To England - 2 Tests - 5 ODIs - 1T20I
    To Zimbabwe - 3 ODIs - 2 T20Is
    Host Australia - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I
    Host New Zealand 3 Tests - 3 ODIs - 1T20I
    To South Africa - 3 Tests - 5ODIs - 3 T20I

    2019
    Host Australia - 3 Tests
    To Bangladesh 3 ODIs - 3 T20Is
    To Australia - 3 Tests
    To New Zealand 3 Tests - 5 ODIs 1 T20

  17. #17
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Runs
    3,238
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Series with Bangladesh after a long time. That's good.



  18. #18
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Derby,UK
    Runs
    689
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so we only going to play against india once?

  19. #19
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they have pencilled in a few spots for Pakistan to play India but it really depends on the political relations between two countries.

  20. #20
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Your home
    Runs
    11,391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is WLFC's assessment of the FTP

    2012

    To India - 3 Test 5 ODIs - Excellent
    Host Bangladesh - 2 Test 3 ODIs - Crap
    To Sri Lanka - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 2T20I - Good
    Host Australia 5 ODIs - 1T20 - Excellent

    2013

    To Zimbabwe - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 2 T20Is - Crap
    To South Africa - 3 Tests - 5 ODIs - 2 T20Is - Excellent
    To West Indies - 2 Test - 5 ODIs - OK
    Host South Africa - 2 Test - 5 ODIs - 3 T20Is - Excellent
    Host Sri Lanka - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 5T20Is - Good


    2014
    To Bangladesh - Tri Series - Pakistan/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka - OK
    Host Australia - 3 Tests - Excellent
    Host New Zealand = 3 Tests - 3 ODIs - 1 T20I - Good
    Host Zimbabwe - 2 Tests - 2 ODIs - 2 T20Is - Crap

    2015
    To Banglades - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 1 T20I - Crap
    To Zimbabwe - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 1 T20I - Crap
    Host England - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I - Excellent
    To New Zealand - 3 Test - 5 ODIs 1 T20I - Good

    2016
    To Sri Lanka - 3 Tests - 5 ODIs - 2 T20Is - Good
    To England - 4 Tests - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I - Excellent
    Host West Indies - 2 Test - 5 ODIs - 2T20Is - OK
    To Australia - 3 Tests - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I - Excellent

    2017
    Host Bangladesh - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 1T20I - Crap
    To West Indies - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 2T20Is - OK
    Host Sri Lanka - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 2T20Is - Good

    2018
    To Zimbabwe - 3 Tests - 2 ODIs - 1T20I - Crap
    To England - 2 Tests - 5 ODIs - 1T20I - Excellent
    To Zimbabwe - 3 ODIs - 2 T20Is - Crap
    Host Australia - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I - Excellent
    Host New Zealand 3 Tests - 3 ODIs - 1T20I - Good
    To South Africa - 3 Tests - 5ODIs - 3 T20I - Excellent

    2019
    Host Australia - 3 Tests - Excellent
    To Bangladesh 3 ODIs - 3 T20Is - Crap
    To Australia - 3 Tests - Excellent
    To New Zealand 3 Tests - 5 ODIs 1 T20 - Good

    9 Crap Series in next 8 years that includes tours to Bangladesh and zimbabwe.

    13 Excellent Series in next 8 years that includes 6 series with Australia, 3 with South Africa, 3 with England and 1 with India

    8 out of the Rest are pretty competitive i.e 4 with Sri Lanka, 4 with New Zealand

    3 series with WI which is okay

    2016 is the best year it seems with big tours to England, Australia Sri Lanka and Windies. 2012, 2013, 2018 looks promising too! .

    2017 is not the year to look forward to


    Not a bad FTP I'd say. It'd have been good if India was keen to play more against Pakistan but definitely they'd wait to see how their test team looks like before committing for 2012 onwards.
    Last edited by WithLoveFromCanada; 30th June 2011 at 13:31.


    Rana the flying doormat!!! - Shane Warne

  21. #21
    Debut
    May 2011
    Venue
    Under Your Bed
    Runs
    3,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WithLoveFromCanada View Post
    Not a bad FTP I'd say. It'd have been good if India was keen to play more against Pakistan but definitely they'd wait to see how their test team looks like before committing for 2012 onwards.
    This is the reason why your team is in rapid decline mode. Dont underestimate the opponents.

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    17,506
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahamedirshad123 View Post
    This is the reason why your team is in rapid decline mode. Dont underestimate the opponents.
    lol..we'll see about that mate!! aaj kul boht laog buri batain kur rahain hain!!

  23. #23
    Debut
    Dec 2004
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    4,106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate all these 2 test series.

    Is it really that hard to accommodate a 3rd test?

  24. #24
    Debut
    May 2011
    Venue
    Under Your Bed
    Runs
    3,815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    lol..we'll see about that mate!! aaj kul boht laog buri batain kur rahain hain!!
    Sorry brother, Can't get that

  25. #25
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Runs
    1,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/521285.html

    Interesting the no of tests each major country is playing from now till April 2020

    England 109
    Australia 107
    India 102
    Pakistan 88
    Sri Lanka 88
    West Indies 84
    South Africa 82
    New Zealand 80

  26. #26
    Debut
    Sep 2005
    Runs
    3,025
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornered paktiger View Post
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/521285.html

    Interesting the no of tests each major country is playing from now till April 2020

    England 109
    Australia 107
    India 102
    Pakistan 88
    Sri Lanka 88
    West Indies 84
    South Africa 82
    New Zealand 80
    Some have alleged that the BCCI isn't committed to Test cricket. Certainly it did sometimes seem that way when Modi was running the IPL, but these figures suggest a different story. In fact, it's very possible that over the course of the FTP, once those pink boxes are filled in, India could end up playing more Tests than anyone.

  27. #27
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Runs
    926
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornered paktiger View Post
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/521285.html

    Interesting the no of tests each major country is playing from now till April 2020

    England 109
    Australia 107
    India 102
    Pakistan 88
    Sri Lanka 88
    West Indies 84
    South Africa 82
    New Zealand 80
    That's quite a low no of tests for a top team like SA

  28. #28
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    759
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornered paktiger View Post
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/c...ry/521285.html

    Interesting the no of tests each major country is playing from now till April 2020

    England 109
    Australia 107
    India 102
    Pakistan 88
    Sri Lanka 88
    West Indies 84
    South Africa 82
    New Zealand 80
    I presume that India vs Pakistan matches are not included in that figure of 88??

  29. #29
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    759
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some one has any idea what will be the format for the test play offs?

  30. #30
    Debut
    Oct 2005
    Runs
    1,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eht - other than the Ind v Pak series scheduled for March 2012 they're not included. Re the test play-offs the top 4 teams in the rankings will play semis and a final.

  31. #31
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eht View Post
    Some one has any idea what will be the format for the test play offs?
    Top 4 teams face off in England. On current rankings, they will be Ind, Eng, SA and SL.

  32. #32
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Your home
    Runs
    11,391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faizan Lakhani- any idea where we will be hosting series against Australia and south africa?

    I hope its not UAE....


    Rana the flying doormat!!! - Shane Warne

  33. #33
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    13,317
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol @ all the countries Pakistan is 'hosting'.

  34. #34
    Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    8,601
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WithLoveFromCanada View Post
    here is WLFC's assessment of the FTP

    2012

    To India - 3 Test 5 ODIs - Excellent
    Host Bangladesh - 2 Test 3 ODIs - Crap
    To Sri Lanka - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 2T20I - Good
    Host Australia 5 ODIs - 1T20 - Excellent

    2013

    To Zimbabwe - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 2 T20Is - Crap
    To South Africa - 3 Tests - 5 ODIs - 2 T20Is - Excellent
    To West Indies - 2 Test - 5 ODIs - OK
    Host South Africa - 2 Test - 5 ODIs - 3 T20Is - Excellent
    Host Sri Lanka - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 5T20Is - Good


    2014
    To Bangladesh - Tri Series - Pakistan/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka - OK
    Host Australia - 3 Tests - Excellent
    Host New Zealand = 3 Tests - 3 ODIs - 1 T20I - Good
    Host Zimbabwe - 2 Tests - 2 ODIs - 2 T20Is - Crap

    2015
    To Banglades - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 1 T20I - Crap
    To Zimbabwe - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 1 T20I - Crap
    Host England - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I - Excellent
    To New Zealand - 3 Test - 5 ODIs 1 T20I - Good

    2016
    To Sri Lanka - 3 Tests - 5 ODIs - 2 T20Is - Good
    To England - 4 Tests - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I - Excellent
    Host West Indies - 2 Test - 5 ODIs - 2T20Is - OK
    To Australia - 3 Tests - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I - Excellent

    2017
    Host Bangladesh - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 1T20I - Crap
    To West Indies - 2 Test - 3 ODIs - 2T20Is - OK
    Host Sri Lanka - 3 Test - 5 ODIs - 2T20Is - Good

    2018
    To Zimbabwe - 3 Tests - 2 ODIs - 1T20I - Crap
    To England - 2 Tests - 5 ODIs - 1T20I - Excellent
    To Zimbabwe - 3 ODIs - 2 T20Is - Crap
    Host Australia - 5 ODIs - 1 T20I - Excellent
    Host New Zealand 3 Tests - 3 ODIs - 1T20I - Good
    To South Africa - 3 Tests - 5ODIs - 3 T20I - Excellent

    2019
    Host Australia - 3 Tests - Excellent
    To Bangladesh 3 ODIs - 3 T20Is - Crap
    To Australia - 3 Tests - Excellent
    To New Zealand 3 Tests - 5 ODIs 1 T20 - Good

    9 Crap Series in next 8 years that includes tours to Bangladesh and zimbabwe.

    13 Excellent Series in next 8 years that includes 6 series with Australia, 3 with South Africa, 3 with England and 1 with India

    8 out of the Rest are pretty competitive i.e 4 with Sri Lanka, 4 with New Zealand

    3 series with WI which is okay

    2016 is the best year it seems with big tours to England, Australia Sri Lanka and Windies. 2012, 2013, 2018 looks promising too! .

    2017 is not the year to look forward to


    Not a bad FTP I'd say. It'd have been good if India was keen to play more against Pakistan but definitely they'd wait to see how their test team looks like before committing for 2012 onwards.


    What you have termed " excellent" , could be " crap" for other countries, since we are new minnow in international cricket.


    You don't know and you don't know that you don't know.

  35. #35
    Debut
    May 2011
    Runs
    437
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thats some crap tours lined up for us. Why are we playing Zim and Bang so many times.

    2016 is the year to look out for. Rest all years just 1 exciting series with either SA or Aus.

  36. #36
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The People's Arena
    Runs
    18,730
    Mentioned
    1446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In Total:

    77 Tests

    127 ODIs

    46 T20Is

    Still missing some series there.


    Interested in Sports? Just visit us now here! 'Sports Corner'

  37. #37
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    7,882
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are playing Bangladesh every year

  38. #38
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Karachi, Pakistan
    Runs
    1,697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WithLoveFromCanada View Post
    Faizan Lakhani- any idea where we will be hosting series against Australia and south africa?

    I hope its not UAE....
    Most probably UAE !!!

  39. #39
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Your home
    Runs
    11,391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faizan Lakhani View Post
    Most probably UAE !!!
    at least its not mentioned in FTP yet...right?

    I'd love to have aussies play against us in england again...that would be fun!


    Rana the flying doormat!!! - Shane Warne

  40. #40
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Your home
    Runs
    11,391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to notice is that we're playing 4 tests against England in 2016 but then 2 test in 2018. Whats the logic there?


    Rana the flying doormat!!! - Shane Warne

  41. #41
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    1,593
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pakistan FTP looks more and more like the left-overs of the Eng/Aus/India/SA schedule

    Why not have a 2-tier test league with a structure to allow relegation/promotion?
    This will instantly bring the rankings/ratings systems into relevance and give the 2-test 'series ' some meaning

  42. #42
    Debut
    May 2011
    Runs
    117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to notice is that we're playing 4 tests against England in 2016 but then 2 test in 2018. Whats the logic there?

    because england will host india for a5 match test in that time

  43. #43
    Debut
    Jun 2006
    Runs
    13,872
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  44. #44
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    95,997
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We same to be playing against Zimbos alot, we should be boosting our averages up then

  45. #45
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Your home
    Runs
    11,391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2011 is gone. We played very well :

    Looking forward in 2012 to play against England, India, Sri Lanka and zimbabwe and crap team of Bangladesh.


    Rana the flying doormat!!! - Shane Warne

  46. #46
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    Your home
    Runs
    11,391
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why the future tour program doesnt show Australia ODI series in 2012?????

    Thats why AZ and I were not aware about the Australian ODI series!


    Rana the flying doormat!!! - Shane Warne

  47. #47
    Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    3,747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Why does India and Australia have more Fixtures then any other team ??

    I was just recently looking at the future series scheduled for Pakistan, when i realized how many more games India and Australia were playing compared to the rest of the world till the next world cup .. Does any one else see this ??


    http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/DO..._2011_2020.pdf

  48. #48
    Debut
    Nov 2008
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    8,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple Economics.

    Supply and Demand.


    People want to watch those 2 teams the most, and its no suprise really. Given India's population, and Australia's reputation.

    Its like Brazil, no matter what the team, the name of Australia will always draw crouds and tv viewers. The greatest cricketing nation.


    Batsmen of Avg 50+ Pakistan=4 India=5
    Bowlers of Avg 25- Pakistan=8
    India=0 (best bedi, mid 28!)

  49. #49
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    10,279
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a LOI's series vs Australia in August/Septembr as well, insha Allah.


    Pakistan Zindabad!

  50. #50
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mohalla
    Runs
    61,175
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think PCB needs to do something here. If Pakistan are not playing India , they should find a alternative. Pakistan need to play at least 10 - 12 Test matches a year.

    They should make the 2 test series into 3 ...... its a must.


    Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

  51. #51
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    17,506
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    so we have no test cricket between May 2012 and dec 2012?? the PCB should do something to rectify this! we then play south africa in jan..thats asking for trouble!!

  52. #52
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    22,679
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justcrazy View Post
    I think PCB needs to do something here. If Pakistan are not playing India , they should find a alternative. Pakistan need to play at least 10 - 12 Test matches a year.

    They should make the 2 test series into 3 ...... its a must.
    Pakistan should play tests with australia instead of ODIs. 2 tests will be a good start.


    Privatize PCB

  53. #53
    Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    14,473
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2011 Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh
    2012 Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, (England)



    Why are we playing minnows + Sri Lanka again instead of SA, Aus, Ind?! We've shown by the performance against England that we are more than competitive against the best.

  54. #54
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    28,052
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    2018
    May England (a) 2 tests [India play a 5 test series that summer]



    ECB were smart.... they could see which team could be beaten easily!


    An Open Letter to Misbah: Time to go sir. Click here

  55. #55
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    998
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol ^

    this future tour program is absolute bolox, im sick of us having to play minnows like bangladesh, zimbabwe and india

  56. #56
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    3,081
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JibranAnsari View Post
    Pakistan should play tests with australia instead of ODIs. 2 tests will be a good start.
    Australia played its required tests against Pakistan in 2010 in England, they won't be playing anymore until they are required in 2014.

    Simple economics, pakistan have little sway or power so nobody is going to change their schedule to suit Pakistan, CA are probably planning on resting key senior players for that tour which they couldn't do for tests.

  57. #57
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    22,679
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trogger View Post
    Australia played its required tests against Pakistan in 2010 in England, they won't be playing anymore until they are required in 2014.

    Simple economics, pakistan have little sway or power so nobody is going to change their schedule to suit Pakistan, CA are probably planning on resting key senior players for that tour which they couldn't do for tests.
    There is no harm in putting forward your case , we played only two home tests (played on netral grounds though). It is all about just trying and if they do not want then we can revert back to odis.


    Privatize PCB

  58. #58
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Runs
    1,896
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    so we have no test cricket between May 2012 and dec 2012?? the PCB should do something to rectify this! we then play south africa in jan..thats asking for trouble!!
    India does the same in 2013.i.e. no tests from april 2013 to dec 2013.you will still play srilanka and zimbabwe through this year.

  59. #59
    Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mohalla
    Runs
    61,175
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PCB needs to take action , and organize some Test , maybe against NZ.


    Fear the Creator ..... not the created.

  60. #60
    Debut
    Jun 2005
    Runs
    546
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any news on whether we r going to tour India in March... or not??

    Has anything been confirmed??

  61. #61
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    8,004
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really is disgraceful that we'll only end up playing 8 tests for the whole year, And those against teams we've already beaten last year.

  62. #62
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    1,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So as per the FTP, we only play 2 Tests in July after the SA series. Thats another 4 months break since we already had a long break in 2012 where we didn't play a test for more than 6 months. Thats ridiculous scheduling! And I must say that the IPL and Champions League are hurting International Cricket (esp Test series) badly as you have to take out almost 3 months (Apr, May, Oct) every year from the schedule of the Test teams so that their players can take part in these lucrative micky mouse leagues! Its a big loss for genuine Test cricket fans!

  63. #63
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    1,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our next challenging AWAY Test Series is in July 2016 when we play 4 Test series against England in England. I don't count the away series against WI/NZ as challenging plus home series although very competitive and interesting against top sides is still not as challenging and tough as away series with the same top sides. So the last away series that we played against a top team was in 2010 against England, right now we are playing against SA (in Feb 2013) and our next such assignment is in 2016 July. So basically, just 3 away test against a quality Test sides in 6 years for Pakistan???? And then our players and fans complain that we don't play well away due to lack of test cricket (Esp in away conditions). How on earth will we improve if we are playing away tests against top teams with such a low frequency. Who designed this FTP??? What were they thinking???

  64. #64
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    1,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How will our batsmen learn to play on the bouncy wickets of Aus, seaming tracks of England and difficult conditions of SA when we play 3 tests in 6 years in one of those countries???? Ridiculoius planning whoever designed this FTP.

  65. #65
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    3,081
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi Malang View Post
    Who designed this FTP???

    What were they thinking???
    The teams with the money designed the FTP...what were they thinking? well they were thinking about playing teams that will make them even more money.

    It's just the way the world works, the guys at the top make the rules and take the largest slice the rest have to take the crumbs.

  66. #66
    Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    17,506
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I still believe with the right sort of people in charge we can re-develop our relationship with the ECB and the CA. We really need to sit down with our friends in both country's and say "look we are a good side and we want to play you more often , we are a better test side than India or lanka(debateable) so lets formalise an agreement."

    Now this does rely on the security situation getting better but I'm confident it will but I have a contingency.

    So lets see the PCB should start supporting the aforementioned boards at the ICC fully and start a skills partnership with them. W etrain some of your spinners here in pakistan (easier to provide for security for a handful a year) and you help us with our batsman. start regular development exchanges, then ask for regular series with the two nations. Sooner or later with the decline of test cricket in INDIA and trust me it willd ecline as they just arent producing good test cricketrs anymore, the aforementioned nations will need to keep test cricket competitive.

    we can fill that niche!

  67. #67
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    3,081
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    I still believe with the right sort of people in charge we can re-develop our relationship with the ECB and the CA. We really need to sit down with our friends in both country's and say "look we are a good side and we want to play you more often , we are a better test side than India or lanka(debateable) so lets formalise an agreement."

    Reality is boards like CA have made their deals with india for financial reasons first and foremost, it doesn't really matter how good india are in tests right now or in the future CA need a close relationship with india.

    I think things will actually get worse as 20/20 becomes a bigger priority for CA, boards like CA will organize less and less test series as the years go on and the ones they do host will be marquee series like the ashes.

    The smaller profile series with teams like pakstan/sri lanka/nz/west indies will probably actually decrease in the next 10-15 years.

  68. #68
    Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    2,698
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isn't the world test championship gonna occur in 2017

    from then on there will be a league table played over 4yrs for the next championship in 2021 (the top four teams proceeding to the knock out stage)


    what will be interesting is with the test championship can county like zimbabwe continue to be boycotted by some teams

    and can india continue to boycott pakistan in test matches.

    because the only way the league table will be fair is each of the 10 test teams play = equal number of games against each other both home and away.

  69. #69
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    3,081
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit...
    Last edited by trogger; 19th February 2013 at 14:22. Reason: edited

  70. #70
    Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    India
    Runs
    907
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbon11 View Post
    isn't the world test championship gonna occur in 2017

    from then on there will be a league table played over 4yrs for the next championship in 2021 (the top four teams proceeding to the knock out stage)


    what will be interesting is with the test championship can county like zimbabwe continue to be boycotted by some teams

    and can india continue to boycott pakistan in test matches.

    because the only way the league table will be fair is each of the 10 test teams play = equal number of games against each other both home and away.
    It is never going to happen. A 5 test series between Aus-Eng is never equal to a 5 test series between NZ-ZIM, or some other countries, in a marketable sense.

  71. #71
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    3,081
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think any of it will happen, the powerful teams aren't going to hand any power back to the ICC, a test championship has too many variables they can't control and there are no guarantees the big teams even make it in.

    It will keep getting pushed back until it just disappears.

  72. #72
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Mississauga, Canada
    Runs
    12,665
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some serious phainty might be dished out to us in 2016.


    لَا إِلٰهَ إِلَّا الله مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُولُ الله

  73. #73
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    1,862
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic FTP. #4 team in the world playing so many 2 tests against #1,2,3,6,7 sides.
    Who makes all these?


    It is TOUGH to be a Pakistan cricket fan

  74. #74
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    27,264
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tough thing is, no other board likes dealing with the PCB so Pakistan will always have difficulty scheduling extra series.

  75. #75
    Debut
    Feb 2006
    Venue
    Alberta
    Runs
    1,862
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    The tough thing is, no other board likes dealing with the PCB so Pakistan will always have difficulty scheduling extra series.
    That's the thing, and I really really hope and pray this changes in the years to come. Pakistani team has to play atleast 12-15 tests a year to become a #1 side. More exposure is necessary. Lets hope for a change.


    It is TOUGH to be a Pakistan cricket fan

  76. #76
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    27,264
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedzee View Post
    That's the thing, and I really really hope and pray this changes in the years to come. Pakistani team has to play atleast 12-15 tests a year to become a #1 side. More exposure is necessary. Lets hope for a change.
    Things seem to be much better with Zaka, but things take time.

    The other thing is there are three powerful boards in play (SA and Pakistan seem to have a decent relationship):

    ECB - After the last tour relations are not good
    BCCI - Well
    CA - Relations are good but its hard to sell Pakistan to CA when they never win games out here.

  77. #77
    Debut
    Apr 2009
    Runs
    1,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    Things seem to be much better with Zaka, but things take time.

    The other thing is there are three powerful boards in play (SA and Pakistan seem to have a decent relationship):

    ECB - After the last tour relations are not good
    BCCI - Well
    CA - Relations are good but its hard to sell Pakistan to CA when they never win games out here.
    Our last tour to Aus was disastrous to say the least. We lost all 9 games (3 Tests, 5 Odis and 1 T20). Had we won the Sydney TEst and a few Limited overs game , it would have made a difference atleast from our reputation point of view for Oz fans. Anyways, I believe our team has developed since then (esp in Tests) and we will give the Ozs a good run for their money when we play them next in Tests.

  78. #78
    Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    3,081
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi Malang View Post
    I believe our team has developed since then (esp in Tests) and we will give the Ozs a good run for their money when we play them next in Tests.
    In Aus?

    Honestly i haven't seen anything to think Pakistan would compete, not unless we turn the pitches into turners.

    3 pitches with pace and bounce and Pakistan are no hope, Pakistan are very tough to beat in uae but they just aren't up to it in places like SA/AUS even when they got the perfect pitch for their skills in cape town they couldn't get it done.

  79. #79
    Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    592
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No tests between dec 2013 and oct 2014! Only an incompetent PCB would accept such a program, fewer tests then even SL and NZ. Disgraceful and shame on PCB!

  80. #80
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    In your house
    Runs
    14,452
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't like this FTP?

    Create your own here! http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...d.php?t=172621


    Pakistan Zindabad! Let's win The ODI World Cup 2015!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

:: Cricket-Blog:: wasimakramlive.com:: Sri Lanka Cricket News:: Bouncer Sports:: Cricket Heroes::