Instagram

Pakistan vs Australia 2014 (UAE)

Sohail Speaks Ponty''s Blog Fountain's Pen

User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arsenal FC 2011/2012 Thread

Results 161 to 240 of 1280
  1. #161
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    14,640
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talks of a swap deal, Nasri + 10million for Tevez. Whats your thoughts Arsenal fans?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...mir-Nasri.html

  2. #162
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    10,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why would tevez come to arsenal after missing south america and wanting to go back there

    this makes no sense


    and its easily a load of crap

  3. #163
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    1,100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta say you guys were pretty lacklustre today, Gervinho looks like a dribbler with no end product but he will improve, definitely looks like a player.

  4. #164
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoomAli View Post
    Gotta say you guys were pretty lacklustre today, Gervinho looks like a dribbler with no end product but he will improve, definitely looks like a player.
    Most fans... Including Arsenal fans Amjid Javed were tipping Arsenal to lose 2-1, especially with the likes of Fabregas, Nasri and Wilshere missing.

    Gervinho is quality - he has end product... Just failed to show it today, lacked confidence... We won't see him for another 3 games, big shame because he would've have ripped Liverpool's defence apart.


    I'm back.

  5. #165
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    Talks of a swap deal, Nasri + 10million for Tevez. Whats your thoughts Arsenal fans?
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...mir-Nasri.html
    That would be a cracking deal for Arsenal BUT it would make a mockery of Tevez's claim that he wants to be with his family

  6. #166
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    1,100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    Most fans... Including Arsenal fans Amjid Javed were tipping Arsenal to lose 2-1, especially with the likes of Fabregas, Nasri and Wilshere missing.

    Gervinho is quality - he has end product... Just failed to show it today, lacked confidence... We won't see him for another 3 games, big shame because he would've have ripped Liverpool's defence apart.
    Doubt he would have got past Jose "The Wall" Enrique to be honest.

  7. #167
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoomAli View Post
    Doubt he would have got past Jose "The Wall" Enrique to be honest.
    Liverpool always have the left back position fully covered with real quality, Rise being one of them and I also thought Insua was a quality left back, his goal against Arsenal was exceptional.

    But surley this was the goal of the game?



    I'm back.

  8. #168
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Portsmouth UK
    Runs
    5,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gervinho looked quality in the 1st half just didn't seem to have a end product. Im sure that will challenge, he seems to be more of a forward playing midfielder then a striker.
    Which means if Wenger has money left over after his CB singings maybe he could get another striker in to play alongside RVP.


    Everybody dies but not everybody lives

  9. #169
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was impressed with Gervinho, was beating players BUT he played more as a winger today than a striker

  10. #170
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    1,100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    Liverpool always have the left back position fully covered with real quality, Rise being one of them and I also thought Insua was a quality left back, his goal against Arsenal was exceptional.

    But surley this was the goal of the game?

    Yeah have to agree with you there, Riise was poor towards the end though. Insua started off brightly enough, even got a call up to Maradonas Argentina team but then again who didnt?

    Newcastle should have asked for him on loan for the season, he definitely isnt a bad player; very good going forward although can be shaky at the back.

  11. #171
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoomAli View Post
    Yeah have to agree with you there, Riise was poor towards the end though. Insua started off brightly enough, even got a call up to Maradonas Argentina team but then again who didnt?

    Newcastle should have asked for him on loan for the season, he definitely isnt a bad player; very good going forward although can be shaky at the back.
    I was surprised we did not get Insua, on loan at the very least

  12. #172
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    20,520
    Mentioned
    3725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Fabregas to undergo medical on Monday

    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/140820...al-monday.html

  13. #173
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Red Devil~ View Post
    Fabregas to undergo medical on Monday

    http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/140820...al-monday.html
    The earlier he moves, the better. He will be missed... A fantastic young midfielder with a top personality. I've said it before and I'll say it again, for once... A player for Arsenal will leave with nothing but sadness and respect.

    During this... Arsenal need to quickly snap up a playmaker - hopefully Jadson will arrive at Arsenal.


    I'm back.

  14. #174
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal agree terms with Barcelona - confirmed on Arsenal's official site.

    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...a-for-fabregas

    Arsenal announces today that they have reached an agreement in principle with Barcelona for Cesc Fabregas to move to Spain.


    I'm back.

  15. #175
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Portsmouth UK
    Runs
    5,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good bye Fabregas

    best CM in the world for me in the past 3 years and I'm a united fan


    Everybody dies but not everybody lives

  16. #176
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal finished 6 points ahead of Tottenham last season.
    Fabregas and Nasri out and Tottenham set to sign Adebayor.

    Major power shift in North London ahead.

    Mundo Sport:

    Barcelona will pay 14.5 million Euros upfront.
    Then they will pay a second installment in October worth another 14.5 million Euros.

    That makes 29 million Euros; 5 million short of the fix amount of 34 million Barcelona will have to pay. Those remaining five million will be paid in five seasons, the duration of Cesc contract, at one million per season after deducting that amount from Cesc wages.

    There is an additional sum of six million in add-ons that will be paid if Barcelona win two League titles and one CH L title during the duration of Cesc contract (I guess each title will be worth 2 million). Originally Barcelona intended to pay add-ons based on Cesc appearances, but now they are exclusively dependent on Barcelona success on the pitch.

    So, it is very likely that the final price will be 40 million Euros, 6 million short of Arsenal asking price (£40 million) of which Barcelona will pay 35 million and Cesc will pay the remaining 5 million.
    Last edited by PakFan2010; 14th August 2011 at 21:42.

  17. #177
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    1,100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Cant really see the power shift to be honest.

    In the Premiership you cant afford to stand still even for one Summer window as everyone around you will be improving their squad. Havent heard the Adebayor rumour from any reputable sources as yet.

    Spurs havent signed anyone, they wont finish above Arssenal unless they sign some quality and I mean European quality.

  18. #178
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG

    Liverpool fan talking about signing quality players

    Henderson > 16mill
    Downing > 20mill
    Carroll > 35mill
    Adam > 7mill

    Only good signing is Enrique.

    £78mill spent on average players.

    Rafael Van Der Vaart £8mill
    Gareth Bale £10mill
    Luka Modric £16mill
    Aaron Lennon £1mill

    Adebayor deal was reported by ESPN but nothing yet from more reputable sources.

    http://www.espnstar.com/football/pre...yor-loan-deal/

    Ok, We have not signed anyone but the most crucial bit of the transfer window has been done, We have kept Luka Modric.

    Anything else is a bonus.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    1,100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    OMG

    Liverpool fan talking about signing quality players

    Henderson > 16mill
    Downing > 20mill
    Carroll > 35mill
    Adam > 7mill

    Only good signing is Enrique.

    £78mill spent on average players.

    Rafael Van Der Vaart £8mill
    Gareth Bale £10mill
    Luka Modric £16mill
    Aaron Lennon £1mill

    Adebayor deal was reported by ESPN but nothing yet from more reputable sources.

    http://www.espnstar.com/football/pre...yor-loan-deal/

    Ok, We have not signed anyone but the most crucial bit of the transfer window has been done, We have kept Luka Modric.

    Anything else is a bonus.
    Well lets see how they perform before saying they are average players.

    I wouldnt speak too soon about keeping Modric still a long time to go in the window, its funny how three of the players you mention were bought in by our Director of Football.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    28,117
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The inevitable has finally happened. The PL will miss his creativity and fabulous team play. A big loss for Arsenal. Wenger will have to spend now.


    "Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

  21. #181
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoomAli View Post
    Well lets see how they perform before saying they are average players.

    I wouldnt speak too soon about keeping Modric still a long time to go in the window, its funny how three of the players you mention were bought in by our Director of Football.
    Yes and Comolli has bought **** for Liverpool.

    Henderson for £20mill.
    Modric is worth £200mill

    Downing £20mill
    Bale is worth £150mill

    Carroll £35mill
    VDV £3.5 Billion

  22. #182
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Rafael Van Der Vaart £8mill
    Gareth Bale £10mill
    Luka Modric £16mill
    Aaron Lennon £1mill
    If your going to talk about Spurs being better then Liverpool in terms of signing players for the right price then please don't do it in a Arsenal thread, here's some statisics for you as well.....

    Sol Campbell - free.
    Kolo Toure - £150, 000.
    Cesc Fabregas - free.
    Robin Van Persie - £2,750,000.
    I could list even more players for you, but I'm sure you get my point on who's club is better when signing cheap players that have turned out to be quality.


    I'm back.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    1,100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Yes and Comolli has bought **** for Liverpool.

    Henderson for £20mill.
    Modric is worth £200mill

    Downing £20mill
    Bale is worth £150mill

    Carroll £35mill
    VDV £3.5 Billion
    How old are you?

  24. #184
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    13,499
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the arsenal replacements of match winners in the past 7 years.

    Bergkamp.....Van persie (fair enough)

    Henry.......Eduardo (wth???)

    Veira......Flamini, then Song!!!! come one

    Lehman......Almunia (noooooo!)

    Adebayour......Chamakh. no comment

    Fabregas.......Jadson (why take the p*SS Wenger?) what the hell is he thinking? We are gonna get relegated!

    Nasri......???


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  25. #185
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    Good bye Fabregas

    best CM in the world for me in the past 3 years and I'm a united fan
    Did Xavi die in your world?

  26. #186
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    28,117
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    Did Xavi die in your world?
    We live in a world of preferences.


    "Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

  27. #187
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youngguns.

    South American executive Law called into the press conference and spoke of his delight at capturing Campbell, who was later presented with an Arsenal shirt with his name on it. The 19-year-old then gave his view on the transfer.

    “I’m very happy, very proud for my family, football and Costa Rica. Arsenal is a team that I’ve liked my whole life, and gives chances to young players. It’s a good team to show myself.”

    Joel has signed a five-year-contract with the Gunners, and has already requested the number 12 shirt. Arsenal are hopeful of securing a work permit, but Campbell is expected to train with the first-team while awaiting confirmation.


    I'm back.

  28. #188
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another fancy little player who will get bullied in the Prem.

    While Tottenham have signed the next Drogba.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVStd...eature=related

  29. #189
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I heard what the fans were singing about me on saturday and it is really disrespectful because i'm still a arsenal player"

    Nasri from twitter.

    Disgraceful, Arsenal fans are pathetic.

  30. #190
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    10,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nasri is pathetic

    just like fabregas ( should have gotten abuse)

    nasri deserves any hostility he gets...hes nothing but a mercenary and i dont care what anybody else says...

  31. #191
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndY0U7qunE4

    Watch and learn Arsenal fans.

  32. #192
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Another fancy little player who will get bullied in the Prem.

    While Tottenham have signed the next Drogba.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVStd...eature=related
    How about you first get the potential out of the youngsters you have currently at the club? Poor Dos Santos has had his career affected in many ways because of joining a club like Spurs who are clueless when it comes to developing players.

    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    "I heard what the fans were singing about me on saturday and it is really disrespectful because i'm still a arsenal player"

    Nasri from twitter.

    Disgraceful, Arsenal fans are pathetic.
    Your always going to get two sections of fans from every club - one are considered as loyal and proper fans and other section will be considered as nothing but fake fans.

    It's not as if your fans are perfect.

    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndY0U7qunE4

    Watch and learn Arsenal fans.
    You see... We've already given that kind of reception, for instance to Adebayor during a friendly game against Real Madrid.

    Also we STILL show respect towards our former players, such as Henry. BUT then there's you who still can't get over the fact that Sol Campbell chose us over you, not one but TWICE!


    I'm back.

  33. #193
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must Read...

    Cesc Fábregas departed London with tears in his eyes and urged Arsenal to stick with Arsène Wenger – describing the coach as "the best person I have met in football". The Catalan also insisted that Jack Wilshere and Aaron Ramsay have the talent to take control of Arsenal's midfield for the future. Wilshere, he said, will be the England captain within three years and that Ramsay is on course to become Arsenal's "next star".

    The saga finally came to an end on Monday when Fábregas was at long last presented as a Barcelona player after a three-year pursuit. He said that he was very happy to fulfil a childhood dream but admitted that there were "mixed emotions." He admitted that the frustration of not winning anything in the last six years weighed heavily and revealed that he had been unable to articulate his gratitude during his last meeting with Wenger without crying.

    "I spoke to [Wenger] on Friday to say goodbye and got very emotional because he has been like a father figure," Cesc said. "I couldn't even talk when I wanted to say how grateful I was for what he has done to me, so I had to send a message afterwards saying thanks for everything. If it was not for him I would not be here today to live my dream. I will never have enough words to say how grateful I am. I went from being a boy to a man and they gave me absolutely everything in football. I have mixed emotions. Life goes on: Arsenal will always be there, the fans will always be there. Players come and go; the club will always be bigger than them."

    "At Arsenal, there were finals and semi-finals but we always lacked that little extra push to win something. That was hard to take. It was not that we didn't win titles it was that we kept going through the same routine, the same things happening to us and us messing up. I gave everything for Arsenal but it didn't show in the [trophy] cabinet because I only won one FA cup. That is the biggest regret I will have in my career – not to be able to lift a trophy as Arsenal captain."

    Cesc also noted his sadness at the way that he ultimately departed the Emirates. "I will have time to talk about [my departure]. I am sure I will do an interview especially for them [the Arsenal fans] at some stage," he said. "I am sorry I couldn't say anything for the last two and half months, Arsenal would not allow me to talk them, I was disappointed and upset about that but it had to be like that. I still have, personally, a great relationship with them and I am disappointed to have maybe lost [the affection of] some of the fans.

    "I am sorry I couldn't say anything, I am sorry. I was very, very sad to be leaving. I spent at third of my life there – eight years
    ."

    Despite those frustrations, Cesc added: "If Arsenal want to keep being the club they have been, they must always remain under his [Wenger's] control because he is the best and everyone respects him. He will always be the best person I have met in football." He also insisted that Arsenal have the squad to continue to compete.

    "But I am sure that they will be a strong team again – they are one of the biggest teams in the world. They will be OK without me as they were without Vieira, without Henry, without Bergkamp," he said.

    "There is not even a question [over whether or not Arsenal's midfield is in good hands]. I have seen them play for years, both Aaron and Jack. Jack will be the England captain in the next two or three years, there is no doubt. You don't have to be a magician to see that. He has the passing game and he will be an even better player in the future. There is not even a question in my mind about that. As for Aaron: his engine is unbelievable, his final ball will get better and he will be the next big star at Arsenal. They are winners and they will be amazing for the club for sure."
    Today is a sad day for most Arsenal fans - I'm a big fan of him and always wanted him to do well. He's the reason why I got into football. He will be missed greatly. A player that will leave with nothing but respect. Cesc Fabregas.


    I'm back.

  34. #194
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Pathan View Post
    nasri is pathetic

    just like fabregas ( should have gotten abuse)

    nasri deserves any hostility he gets...hes nothing but a mercenary and i dont care what anybody else says...
    Why should Fabregas have gotten abuse?

    He has been a great player for Arsenal the past 7-8 years

  35. #195
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    10,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was the captain of the team and acted poorly throughout the entire saga in my opinion

    i can respect other players who have left arsenal like viera henry and campbell etc...never fabregas

    you can say he left crying from london but upon arrival in barca was kissing the badge and running around lol

    barca shirt as an arsenal player during the world cup celebrations...

    just glad he is gone...

  36. #196
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Pathan View Post
    was the captain of the team and acted poorly throughout the entire saga in my opinion

    i can respect other players who have left arsenal like viera henry and campbell etc...never fabregas

    you can say he left crying from london but upon arrival in barca was kissing the badge and running around lol

    barca shirt as an arsenal player during the world cup celebrations...

    just glad he is gone...
    What made you think he acted poorly throughout the entire season? Fabregas could have easily left Arsenal two seasons ago by handing a transfer request BUT he remained proffesional and showed commitment towards Arsenal.

    The reason why he couldn't speak to the media during the Saga is because Arsenal didn't allow him, as stated his Fabregas's conference.

    He will hold a special conference for fans like you who have just completely mistunderstood him.


    I'm back.

  37. #197
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    10,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not going to be listening to it

  38. #198
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Portsmouth UK
    Runs
    5,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    Did Xavi die in your world?
    Look at the stats between the players and come back at me.

    If i remember correctly Fabregas has the highest number of pass success rate and highest number of assists in Europe for the last 5 years.

    add to that Xavi plays for a team full of super star and Fab is (was) probably the only world class player at Arsenal


    Everybody dies but not everybody lives

  39. #199
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Pathan View Post
    was the captain of the team and acted poorly throughout the entire saga in my opinion

    i can respect other players who have left arsenal like viera henry and campbell etc...never fabregas

    you can say he left crying from london but upon arrival in barca was kissing the badge and running around lol

    barca shirt as an arsenal player during the world cup celebrations...

    just glad he is gone...
    The only time I think he acted poorly was when injured he went to the Spanish Grand Prix instead of being with the team (forgot what match it was) BUT other than that he has been very professional

    Of course he is going to kiss the Barca badge, that is his club. He was born and raised there, undoubtedly he loves the club, kissing the badge is only natural

    Oh c'mon are you seriously having a go at him for wearing the Barca shirt during the World Cup celebrations? They forced it on him and he laughed it off, hardly liked he put it on and started doing the conga

    Arsenal were given great service by Fabregas and they got £35mill for a player they paid nothing for

    I think it is disgraceful to have a go at him

  40. #200
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    Look at the stats between the players and come back at me.

    If i remember correctly Fabregas has the highest number of pass success rate and highest number of assists in Europe for the last 5 years.

    add to that Xavi plays for a team full of super star and Fab is (was) probably the only world class player at Arsenal
    Stats are good and help paint a picture BUT they are not the be all and end all

    I am a big fan of Fabregas and do think he is quality, just not quite as good as Xavi

  41. #201
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    28,117
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Cesc's career could spiral in the same direction as Henry's, he'll be on the bench most of the time. Both players still love Arsenal from the heart, Henry has never been the same player since leaving The Gunners.


    "Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

  42. #202
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    14,640
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireworks11 View Post
    Cesc's career could spiral in the same direction as Henry's, he'll be on the bench most of the time. Both players still love Arsenal from the heart, Henry has never been the same player since leaving The Gunners.
    Doubt it, Cesc is going home and back to where it all started for him and has an excellent relationship with Guardiola from a young age it seems.

    I think he will do well.

  43. #203
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Cesc is still young whilst Henry was getting on and he did have 2 good seasons at Barca

  44. #204
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    28,117
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    Doubt it, Cesc is going home and back to where it all started for him and has an excellent relationship with Guardiola from a young age it seems.

    I think he will do well.
    He won't be the only star at Barca, like he was at Arsenal. It'll be interesting to see how he copes with the frustration at the lack of first team football.


    "Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

  45. #205
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireworks11 View Post
    Cesc's career could spiral in the same direction as Henry's, he'll be on the bench most of the time. Both players still love Arsenal from the heart, Henry has never been the same player since leaving The Gunners.
    Fabregas has a couple of advantages which Henry sadly did not have. Therefore I don't see Fabregas struggling or complaining much although from captain to benchwarmer is indeed a step backwards in his career.

    The advantages are...

    1. Cesc is young - The time is on his side.
    2. Cesc is a catalan - Barca will take care of him and will meet his expectations, no doubt.


    I'm back.

  46. #206
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Rawalpindi
    Runs
    20,520
    Mentioned
    3725 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Fabregas' emotional tribute to Wenger



  47. #207
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cesc is average.

    He goes missing in the big games sadly.

    Sandro and Modric > Wilshere and Fabregas.

  48. #208
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    28,117
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    Fabregas has a couple of advantages which Henry sadly did not have. Therefore I don't see Fabregas struggling or complaining much although from captain to benchwarmer is indeed a step backwards in his career.

    The advantages are...

    1. Cesc is young - The time is on his side.
    2. Cesc is a catalan - Barca will take care of him and will meet his expectations, no doubt.
    Agreed, as already mentioned, it'll be interesting to see how he copes with being on the bench so often. He was main man at Arsenal, he ran the show there.


    "Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

  49. #209
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Cesc is average.

    He goes missing in the big games sadly.

    Sandro and Modric > Wilshere and Fabregas.

  50. #210
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    1,100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Cesc is average.

    He goes missing in the big games sadly.

    Sandro and Modric > Wilshere and Fabregas.
    Are you having a laugh?

  51. #211
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    28,117
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Lol Geordie....I saw your initial pic. Good edit. ;)


    "Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

  52. #212
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireworks11 View Post
    Lol Geordie....I saw your initial pic. Good edit. ;)
    ha ha - thought this was more suitable ;)

  53. #213
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    10,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Cesc is average.

    He goes missing in the big games sadly.

    Sandro and Modric > Wilshere and Fabregas.
    another gem of a post by you...and surely your trolling



    and sorry GA


    it was my emotions talking

    i really dont begrudge him...he has left to his boyhood club and a team far superior to us


    wish him the best...still very upset though that the club i started off supporting has turned into this...a feeder club

  54. #214
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^^^^

    I of all people understand that, we have sold Andy Carroll and Enrique to Liverpool in the last 2 months, and it is not like they are Liverpool fans, especially Carroll who is a Geordie and did not want to leave

    Arsenal will come good BUT Wenger seriously needs to spend the cash otherwise this season won't be enjoyable

  55. #215
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    Arsenal will come good BUT Wenger seriously needs to spend the cash otherwise this season won't be enjoyable
    I'm afraid the Frenchman won't splash the cash and will only bring in a defender which is likely not to please the Arsenal fans.

    I'd be really dissapointed and interested to hear Wenger's excuse IF we don't bring in Samba OR Cahill.

    Quotes like this from Wenger really boils my blood...

    "We will try [to buy] but let's not forget that we have brought players in. I have Carl Jenkinson, we have bought Gervinho in, we have bought Joel Campbell in, we have brought Ryo Miyaichi in and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. You do not know them very well yet but they are all quality players."

    Where's the experience? Where's the defenders? Frustating.


    I'm back.

  56. #216
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    96,035
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So wenger seems to think we just need 1 or 2 players. Wait till **** hits fan tonight arsene and we are out off CL before it starts and we have 1 point from our 1st 3 league games!

    Am sorry but you have outlived your managerial career at arsenal and its time to go...

    All Cesc money will be kept by board due to loss of funds due to failing to get into CL proper! Wont be surprised if wenger gets the sack at end off august!

  57. #217
    Debut
    Aug 2007
    Runs
    1,042
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    So wenger seems to think we just need 1 or 2 players. Wait till **** hits fan tonight arsene and we are out off CL before it starts and we have 1 point from our 1st 3 league games!

    Am sorry but you have outlived your managerial career at arsenal and its time to go...

    All Cesc money will be kept by board due to loss of funds due to failing to get into CL proper! Wont be surprised if wenger gets the sack at end off august!
    Time of the month or Roza kicking in bro...Calm down at least let them play Udinese 1st

  58. #218
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Portsmouth UK
    Runs
    5,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Cesc is average.

    He goes missing in the big games sadly.

    Sandro and Modric > Wilshere and Fabregas.
    hahaha this is getting beyond a joke now

    time to ban him? please mods


    Everybody dies but not everybody lives

  59. #219
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Portsmouth UK
    Runs
    5,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjid Javed View Post
    So wenger seems to think we just need 1 or 2 players. Wait till **** hits fan tonight arsene and we are out off CL before it starts and we have 1 point from our 1st 3 league games!

    Am sorry but you have outlived your managerial career at arsenal and its time to go...

    All Cesc money will be kept by board due to loss of funds due to failing to get into CL proper! Wont be surprised if wenger gets the sack at end off august!
    Wenger will sign 2 CB's thats it. he will not spend a penny on CM because he reckons Nasri will stay and sign a contract and he thinks Wilshire and Ramsey will come good.

    I dont blame him look at Fergie and how tight he is when it comes to spending money where we need it. We are crying out for a CM but the club which has the biggest turn over in world football can't afford Sneijders wages.
    But Senijder singing will also mean it blocks 2 of united best young players to come out of out of our youth system in decades.
    Paul Pogba and Morrison are huge talents and people like Carrick, Flecther and mayb sneijder are delaying their introduction to 1st team football. this may be lead to them leaving the club for more regular football.


    Everybody dies but not everybody lives

  60. #220
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fabregas goes missing in the big games.

    Barcelona Away : Set up Barca goal
    Tottenham Home: Set up Tottenham goal

    He is always injured anyway and he wasn't the same player last season due to various elements such as not wanting to be there and frustration about the lack of trophies.

    Since Fabregas and Nasri are leaving/left. Tottenham have a better midfield.

    Sandro-Modric-Niko-Pienar-Bale-Lennon-Huddlestone-Palacious-Jenas-VDV

    Wilshere-Rosicki-Diaby-Song-Ramsey-Arshavin-Gervinho- Anybody else?

  61. #221
    Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    25,146
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Fabregas goes missing in the big games.

    Barcelona Away : Set up Barca goal
    Tottenham Home: Set up Tottenham goal

    He is always injured anyway and he wasn't the same player last season due to various elements such as not wanting to be there and frustration about the lack of trophies.

    Since Fabregas and Nasri are leaving/left. Tottenham have a better midfield.

    Sandro-Modric-Niko-Pienar-Bale-Lennon-Huddlestone-Palacious-Jenas-VDV

    Wilshere-Rosicki-Diaby-Song-Ramsey-Arshavin-Gervinho- Anybody else?
    Didn't Cesc once score from the kickoff vs Spurs?


    No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

  62. #222
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir View Post
    Didn't Cesc once score from the kickoff vs Spurs?

    Yh, It was a good goal but it was bad defending and we were without our 2 best Midfielders in Modric and VDV.

    Power shift has begun in North London.

    Nasri and Fabregas out
    Gervinho and Oxlade Chamberlin to replace them.

    Chamakah will replace RVP when RVP the crock gets injured.

    Adebayor hat-trick vs Arsenal coming up and Squalliachi will look around like a dopey *** spanish waiter.

    NORTH LONDON POWER SHIFT AHEAD !

  63. #223
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Fabregas goes missing in the big games.

    Barcelona Away : Set up Barca goal
    Tottenham Home: Set up Tottenham goal

    He is always injured anyway and he wasn't the same player last season due to various elements such as not wanting to be there and frustration about the lack of trophies.

    Since Fabregas and Nasri are leaving/left. Tottenham have a better midfield.

    Sandro-Modric-Niko-Pienar-Bale-Lennon-Huddlestone-Palacious-Jenas-VDV

    Wilshere-Rosicki-Diaby-Song-Ramsey-Arshavin-Gervinho- Anybody else?
    oxymoron really, you say big games and then you mention Spurs

    Also despite an injury hit campaign Fabregas managed 14 assists from 25 league games, care to tell me what your illustrious and far superior midfield managed in comparison?

  64. #224
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rafael Van Der Vaart - 13 goals and 8 assists.

    Fabregas played in the hole behind RVP last season aswell.

    Anyways, Fabregas has left.

  65. #225
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Rafael Van Der Vaart - 13 goals and 8 assists.

    Fabregas played in the hole behind RVP last season aswell.

    Anyways, Fabregas has left.


    You cannot be a real poster, I bet you are actually an Arsenal fan and have created this online persona so people can laugh at Spurs fan? I'm right aren't I?

    Though I will indulge in this conversation a bit more because I am bored

    You made the following post

    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010
    Cesc is average.

    He goes missing in the big games sadly.

    Sandro and Modric > Wilshere and Fabregas.
    You specifically mention Sandro and Modric, so where on earth has VDV come into this?

  66. #226
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very hard to compare stats between Tottenham's centre midfielders and Arsenals.

    Arsenal play 4-3-3 and Fabregas plays the attacking role out of the 3 with Wilshere and Song sitting.
    Tottenham play 4-4-2 but Modric and Sandro both play a contained role.

    So bringing stats into it, You have to consider VDV as he plays the attacking midfield role that Fabregas plays for Arsenal.

    Sandro and Modric is a better partnership than Wilshere and Fabregas if the formation is 4-4-2. Wilshere and Fabregas lack the bite to get the ball back off the other team. Sandro would physcially dominate both and with Modric's guile. It would be a better partnership than Wilshere and Fabregas.

    Ok. E.G - Which midfield is better?

    Team A - Ronaldo-Gerrard-Lampard-Robben

    Team B - Lennon-Macherano-Modric-Bale

    Team B is better because all of those players track back, Like PEP Guardiola said.

    " Messi is the best player in the world with the ball, Now it's time for him to become the best player in the world without the ball".

  67. #227
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    13,499
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal have lost 3 players in the space for 24 hours.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  68. #228
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sully3 View Post
    hahaha this is getting beyond a joke now

    time to ban him? please mods
    I don't see why we should ban him... It's been a while since we've had a 'unique' poster like him and he's certainly entertaining us, don't you think?

    Anyways....

    Van Persie has been named Arsenal's captain, thoughts?

    I thought Vermaelen would have been a better choice - he seems to have the right materials BUT then again RVP has more experience and has been at the club for the a long time.


    I'm back.

  69. #229
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    13,499
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Theo_14 View Post
    I don't see why we should ban him... It's been a while since we've had a 'unique' poster like him and he's certainly entertaining us, don't you think?

    Anyways....

    Van Persie has been named Arsenal's captain, thoughts?

    I thought Vermaelen would have been a better choice - he seems to have the right materials BUT then again RVP has more experience and has been at the club for the a long time.
    Sagna deserved to be the captain.


    "The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

  70. #230
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is Vice Captain as RVP will be injured most of the time.

    I would give it to Schzeny or TV as a GK and CB can see the game the best as they have the best view.

  71. #231
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Portsmouth UK
    Runs
    5,377
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    that kid is legend


    Everybody dies but not everybody lives

  72. #232
    Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    6,919
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Sagna deserved to be the captain.
    I personally think... Mr. Consistent hasn't got the captaincy materials/attributes in him.

    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    Who is Vice Captain as RVP will be injured most of the time.

    I would give it to Schzeny or TV as a GK and CB can see the game the best as they have the best view.
    Shame King and Woodgate couldn't get a good view of the players and pitch considering they were injured for most of the time.


    I'm back.

  73. #233
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    3,876
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just caught the highlights of the CL tie with Udinese.

    Arsenal were absolutely murdered for 90 mins....without losing!! Quite remarkable.

    This might turn into a helluva beating in the away leg unless Lionel Messi signs.


    'Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.' Martin Luther King Jr's eternal maxim.

  74. #234
    Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    3,876
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atleast last season we had a decent midfield.

    This year, inexperienced keeper (expect defenders and keepers going for the same ball like Carling Cup final), rubbish defense, no LB, mediocre defensive midfielder (Song cannot tackle, all he does is foul & unintelligibly aswell), inexperienced CMs, wingers with no end product (Walcott, Gervinho), and no strikers (RvP is injury prone).

    And to think not long ago Arsenal had a WC winning captain (Silva), World and European Cup french stars and one of the best Dutch players, with a strong & bullish English defense.

    How did it come to this. What an utterly sh!t team this has become.


    'Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.' Martin Luther King Jr's eternal maxim.

  75. #235
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    10,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah wtching todays game without some players was discouraging...performance wasnt too good

    but im sure the new kids will add something

    i for one miss eboue
    Last edited by Prince_Pathan; 17th August 2011 at 03:00.

  76. #236
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    62,090
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010 View Post
    It's very hard to compare stats between Tottenham's centre midfielders and Arsenals.

    Arsenal play 4-3-3 and Fabregas plays the attacking role out of the 3 with Wilshere and Song sitting.
    Tottenham play 4-4-2 but Modric and Sandro both play a contained role.

    So bringing stats into it, You have to consider VDV as he plays the attacking midfield role that Fabregas plays for Arsenal.

    Sandro and Modric is a better partnership than Wilshere and Fabregas if the formation is 4-4-2. Wilshere and Fabregas lack the bite to get the ball back off the other team. Sandro would physcially dominate both and with Modric's guile. It would be a better partnership than Wilshere and Fabregas.

    Ok. E.G - Which midfield is better?

    Team A - Ronaldo-Gerrard-Lampard-Robben

    Team B - Lennon-Macherano-Modric-Bale

    Team B is better because all of those players track back, Like PEP Guardiola said.

    " Messi is the best player in the world with the ball, Now it's time for him to become the best player in the world without the ball".
    I would pick Team A because quite simply a win consisting of Ronaldo and Robben would be devastating even if the middle is not as disciplined as Team B

    Anyhow in future if you think it is hard to compare stats between Tottenham's centre midfielders and Arsenal's the refrain from making the following statements

    Quote Originally Posted by PakFan2010
    Sandro and Modric > Wilshere and Fabregas.

  77. #237
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    96,035
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think Liverpool will win their 1st away game at arsenal in more than 10 years!

    We are missing players galore and team is utter tripe at the moment!

  78. #238
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    28,117
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Expecting a draw this week. Liverpool will be quite defensive and Arsenal won't be able to break them down.


    "Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

  79. #239
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    3,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to London Ade.

    Can't wait for your goal celebration vs Le ****

  80. #240
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    10,018
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he has a very good goal scoring record against you guys

    may he score plenty of own goals to mantain that record

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

:: Cricket-Blog:: wasimakramlive.com:: Sri Lanka Cricket News:: Bouncer Sports:: Cricket Heroes::