Thoughts on Athar Ali Khan's commentary?

Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on Athar Ali Khan's commentary?

Does anymore really need to be said?

Anyone that has heard some of the garbage he has said today especially in praise of Bangladesh will know what i am talking about.

He sums up the team he supports....clueless and pathetic

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well said. Pathetic stuff and the crowd is also looking quite pathetic aswell, cheering like maniacs for this lad who has tuk tuked his way to getting a century.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Arun Lal still tops the list

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ranjit "oh its four runs, no it hit the stumps" fernando still takes the cake.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Venue
    Sidanay
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sanath. By a country mile.

He is fundamentally aware of his aura within the team. His exhilaration infects them.

6. Google Ad Manager-
    Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These commentators are the worst. These Bangla gays called the partnership between sakib and Nasir for Brillinat hahaha You lost the match after 5 overs and this match losing partnership you call brilliant.

Also they only talk about Bangladesh. Shakib, Tamim,Shakib,Tamim,Shakib,Tamim give me a ****ing breake!

The crowd is so pathetic. They cheer up like they have won world cup. I mean wake up you guys lost the match after 5 overs. And seriosly if I was bangladeshi and in the ground I would have left imediatly. Amazing that this crowd watched the tuk tuk of Nasir and Shakib and enjoyed it. Pathetic cricket nation.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    well said. Pathetic stuff and the crowd is also looking quite pathetic aswell, cheering like maniacs for this lad who has tuk tuked his way to getting a century.
    What do you want the crowd to do then? Crowd was pretty good. Athar is a rubbish commentator.

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful_Rox View Post
    What do you want the crowd to do then? Crowd was pretty good. Athar is a rubbish commentator.
    Just a loser mentality IMO

Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyVenom View Post
    Just a loser mentality IMO
    yup....sums up a team when their fans are cheering and getting excited after their team has been bashed by 76 runs. Nasirs useless hundred has papered over the million and one cracks in this joke of a side.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol im fine with the cheering, buts its a bit over the top to give Nasir man of the match, should have been akmal or gul

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pathetic^10038282848488438434384384384833756237825 7253752 that Nasir Hossain has been named MOM. How Pathetic. How Pathetic. And its only because 90 percent of the commentators are Bangladeshis. Pathetic Pathetic.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Somwhere I don't want to
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, we're not exactly proud of our commentators either.

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    Somwhere I don't want to
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    Pathetic^10038282848488438434384384384833756237825 7253752 that Nasir Hossain has been named MOM. How Pathetic. How Pathetic. And its only because 90 percent of the commentators are Bangladeshis. Pathetic Pathetic.
    Lol we only have 2 commentators in the whole country.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    the commentry was effin horrible but i think the comments about the crowd are very harsh !
    i dont even remember when bangladesh won against a good side last time and yet 20000+ ppl came to watch the match i think that was really heartning to see that the crowd still came out to support their team !

One Nation, One Passion. Green team and a dream.

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    407 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by z2_daredevil View Post
    the commentry was effin horrible but i think the comments about the crowd are very harsh !
    i dont even remember when bangladesh won against a good side last time and yet 20000+ ppl came to watch the match i think that was really heartning to see that the crowd still came out to support their team !
    England & New Zealand.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    UAE
    Runs
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    England & New Zealand.
    Win against a GOOD side !

One Nation, One Passion. Green team and a dream.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Mississauga
    Runs
    Mentioned
    879 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    he is okay..... does not have much experience....

Debut
    Oct 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's not bad, I don't mind listening to him...

Debut
    May 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelandofthebravepeople View Post
    These commentators are the worst. These Bangla gays called the partnership between sakib and Nasir for Brillinat hahaha You lost the match after 5 overs and this match losing partnership you call brilliant.

Also they only talk about Bangladesh. Shakib, Tamim,Shakib,Tamim,Shakib,Tamim give me a ****ing breake!

The crowd is so pathetic. They cheer up like they have won world cup. I mean wake up you guys lost the match after 5 overs. And seriosly if I was bangladeshi and in the ground I would have left imediatly. Amazing that this crowd watched the tuk tuk of Nasir and Shakib and enjoyed it. Pathetic cricket nation.
    Fair play to the Pakistani players though.I saw :GUL twice shaking hands with Nasir hossain congratulating him.Mean if I was playing for the fielding side, I would have been pretty ****** off with the celeberation and the crowd.

Debut
    Sep 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    209 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is he worse than monotone Harbhajan?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It's like listening to someone who's running out of air. Are we sure he doesn't participate in a marathon every-time he grabs the mic?

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He is almost as bad as Sanath Jayasurya.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2654 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madplayer View Post
    He is almost as bad as Sanath Jayasurya.
    You think Amir Sohail, Russell Arnold, Bhajji is better?

One problem for Ather is that his English isn't that strong to express properly and always stumble to put a long line, otherwise guy is a passionate cricket follower, studies lot about local cricket. On contrary, Shamim Choudhury is good with his words, but ... you know. Overall quality of cricket commentary has gone down, and we'll have to manage within this - even a guy like Rambo Raja with his background hardly bothers for homework and makes random mistakes in identity, names or statistical facts.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Paradise
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post

One problem for Ather is that his English isn't that strong to express properly and always stumble to put a long line, otherwise guy is a passionate cricket follower, studies lot about local cricket. On contrary, Shamim Choudhury is good with his words, but ... you know. Overall quality of cricket commentary has gone down, and we'll have to manage within this - even a guy like Rambo Raja with his background hardly bothers for homework and makes random mistakes in identity, names or statistical facts.
    Aamir Sohail really. The guy at least knows what he's talking about unlike many commentators nowadays ..

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone who watched engvind on sky knows who the worst commentator is!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Between Rawalpindi and Hobart
    Runs
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    he honestly is the worst (after aamir sohail)

At Chisty has some interesting stories

"Last time Uganda toured Canada, half their team ran away to start a new life" - cricfan967

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Athar is an exact replica of an average BD fan - keep hyping some successes and talk as if BD are suddenly a top 3 side. Who in his right mind will pick Mustafizur as the 3rd best player from BD after just a few match winning spells.

To me, he's more of a cheerleader who lets his emotions get the better of him when BD are not doing well. Listening to him you hardly get any insights, even about BD players.

For BD fans, he's obviously a saviour as they at least get to hear someone talk from a BD perspective in global tournaments.

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2654 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketindiafan View Post
    Athar is an exact replica of an average BD fan - keep hyping some successes and talk as if BD are suddenly a top 3 side. Who in his right mind will pick Mustafizur as the 3rd best player from BD after just a few match winning spells.

To me, he's more of a cheerleader who lets his emotions get the better of him when BD are not doing well. Listening to him you hardly get any insights, even about BD players.

For BD fans, he's obviously a saviour as they at least get to hear someone talk from a BD perspective in global tournaments.
    His problem is that he is not that good in English like Ravi Shastri - I guess you got the massage about cheer-leading. Now, please don't come back with respective status as cricketer - Harsha Bhogle then shouldn't commenting even in List A games.

He is emotional and straight forward, and often talks his mind with his unpolished English, but guy gives his full effort for every BD player and he knows lot about them. He cherish every moment of our cricket and gets genuinely hurt at every loss, when it's just a profession for him.

What you do is always try to pick the negative side on a passionate man - have you ever heard him talking bad about any other player or team? Or, have you ever heard him taking any fight to any co commentator? Here also you are pointing his pick of Mustafiz as 3rd BD player, but the guy categorically explained why he picked him over few others.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    His problem is that he is not that good in English like Ravi Shastri - I guess you got the massage about cheer-leading. Now, please don't come back with respective status as cricketer - Harsha Bhogle then shouldn't commenting even in List A games.

He is emotional and straight forward, and often talks his mind with his unpolished English, but guy gives his full effort for every BD player and he knows lot about them. He cherish every moment of our cricket and gets genuinely hurt at every loss, when it's just a profession for him.

What you do is always try to pick the negative side on a passionate man - have you ever heard him talking bad about any other player or team? Or, have you ever heard him taking any fight to any co commentator? Here also you are pointing his pick of Mustafiz as 3rd BD player, but the guy categorically explained why he picked him over few others.
    Why are you getting so emotional about a commentator. As good as he may sound to you, I do not get any insights from him about any BD player because there is no realistic assessment.

Never said a word about his intentions or him as a person. He has a professional job to do and if he is not good, he will get criticised irrespective of your love and adulation for him.

As for Shastri or Bhogle, abuse them as you please. Does not make a difference. LOL

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking the same last night that Athar ali Khan is at leat better than Ramiz beacuse he knows more about Bangladeshi players and I have seen him making good points too. It’s not Athar ali Khan fault it’s thinking process of pakistani fans who are just after him, I mean they even can’t bear him because he comes from Bangladesh. I have said a bitter truth.

Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    everywhere
    Runs
    Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I think most of these guys are on the same level of ridiculousness. The problem with Ather is that he is hardly able to put his point across without stumbling a 100 times. Unfortunately, most people will not look at the content, but the presentation. Thats how it works everywhere in life. Thats why many people will prefer Shamim choudhary over Ather as unfortunate as it sounds. I agree that in general the standard of commentary has gone down.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DRsohail View Post
    I was thinking the same last night that Athar ali Khan is at leat better than Ramiz beacuse he knows more about Bangladeshi players and I have seen him making good points too. It’s not Athar ali Khan fault it’s thinking process of pakistani fans who are just after him, I mean they even can’t bear him because he comes from Bangladesh. I have said a bitter truth.
    I would not blame just Pakistani fans ..... but yes "that" thinking process can be annoying

Bangladeshi player over-celebrating - how immature and rude, how dare he celebrates winning just one game, he should be humble...

Afghan player over-celebrating - how nice, these Afghans are so passionate about their game

Debut
    Dec 2013
    Venue
    Pan ka Khoka
    Runs
    Mentioned
    799 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Lol Bang Bros getting riled up because we don't like Athar Ali Khan?? - I am gonna be really straightforward here I'd rather listen to a combo of Chisty, Bazid and Amir Sohail than sit through Athar Ali Khan trying to explain to me the 'action' on the field.

Heck. I'd even swap him for that English lady commentator named Esha I guess; he's that horrible at his job. Rameez, Harsha, Shastri et al are light years ahead of him.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He lacks humility.
    It’s one thing being biaisd and supporting your team but to have delusions that your team is somehow one of the best in the world is cringe worthy.

Probably my most disliked commentator.

Debut
    Sep 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst commentator ever.I really don't like this guy. He is really really bad .He praises his team way too much.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHorn View Post
    I would not blame just Pakistani fans ..... but yes "that" thinking process can be annoying

Bangladeshi player over-celebrating - how immature and rude, how dare he celebrates winning just one game, he should be humble...

Afghan player over-celebrating - how nice, these Afghans are so passionate about their game
    Have you seen Afghan player do Nagin dance or celebrating before actually winning a match? Heck they didn't even properly celebrate beating SL and BD in this tournament. They are in year 1 of being a Test nation and already showing such maturity.

Contrast this to what Rahim did after beating SL in Nidhas trophy.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody stop this Athar guy..My ears are bleeding

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I thought that commentating should be easier than playing the game. Secondly, I thought that one should get better with time. Athar Ali Khan proves that commentary is not everyone's cup of tea. And he does not seem to improve despite commentating for so many years.

It is the policy of cricket broadcasters to have ex cricket commentators from cricket playing nations. He seems to be the best among all ex Bangladesh cricketers as far as commentating is concerned. and that is why one is stuck with him. Unless some other ex Bangladeshi cricketers with better communication skill come up, one is stuck with Athar Ali Khan.

Bangladeshi fans may like to defend him, but as a non BD fan, I have found him positively cringeworthy. Luckily I only check scores on TV and do not subject my ear drums to the torture of having to listen to the likes of Athar Ali Khan.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    He is very difficult to listen to... pair him up with Wasim so that we can just mute the commentary for good.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    ranjit "oh its four runs, no it hit the stumps" fernando still takes the cake.
    That is one of my all time favorite comical moment in a cricket match lol

Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he os decent cmmie.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In so many years, Athar Ali Khan has not learnt the art of commentating. He clearly suffers from learning disability.

Debut
    Sep 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Sanath. By a country mile.
    Haha well said. He is terrible

Debut
    Jul 2009
    Venue
    Bury
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Omg!! How bad are these Bangladesh commentators. Especially shamim chaudry. Going on about how Bangladesh bowlers did well to come back ...after conceding a lead of 212. Honestly I donít think they realise that there are two teams in the field.

Debut
    May 2018
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bazid Khan and Shamim Choudry. Someone help me

SM

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Pakistan versus Bangladesh - probably the worst group of commentators ever assembled.

All trying to outdo each other's mediocrity.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ather Ali khan is allowed to be biased. The guy has witnessed decades of defeats as he has to be the Ramiz Raja of his country.

Forever weeping Bengali man in the comm box

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Simon Doull is the king of biased umpiring followed by Athar and Ganguly.

I enjoy listening to Rambo because he regularly gives Pakistani fans a reality-check, although I do feel at times he is itching to see Pakistan lose.

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh I don't mind him. He has got a good voice and of course a bit biased but most of the commentators from minnows would be like that.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    910 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Biased, sure.

But, he's better than all of ours barring Rameez (ATG from PAK) and probably Bazid. The latter used to be too monotonous and horrible, but has improved a lot.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cannot believe some people are calling him better than Bazid... for me Bazid is much better than Rmiz...

Athar is plain biased .... he chokes , litrally, if bang starts getting a beating .... i remember Harsha even made fun of him on air in tht asia cup game when afridi destroyes bang .. tht was funny

there are a lot of biased commentators, NZ, Aus, Ind, but then these r big teams and they can boast a bit.

for a team that has acheived NOTHING, their commentators are serious loud mouths

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    I don't mind the bias, what I don't like is a lack of insight, lack of technical knowledge and the constant childish antics.

Debut
    Jun 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    I don't mind the bias, what I don't like is a lack of insight, lack of technical knowledge and the constant childish antics.
    bazid , in this current series batch, is the best with that

Debut
    May 2019
    Venue
    The 6ix
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

I enjoy listening to Rambo because he regularly gives Pakistani fans a reality-check, although I do feel at times he is itching to see Pakistan lose.
    Basically like you just a little better

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Venue
    Bangladesh
    Runs
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I always put him on mute and play ayatul kursi on youtube whenever he is on

Self belief and hard work will always earn you success - Kohli
    What we think we become - Buddha

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    If only he was commentating on the Under 19 World Cup Final

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    Ather Ali khan is allowed to be biased. The guy has witnessed decades of defeats as he has to be the Ramiz Raja of his country.

Forever weeping Bengali man in the comm box
    TBF to Ramiz, he isn't overly biased or delusional if at all, certainly not at this joker's level.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    TBF to Ramiz, he isn't overly biased or delusional if at all, certainly not at this joker's level.
    Hear the "I'm loving it" when one of the openers hit a four earlier?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Lol, nah bro didn't see the match, who said that, AAK or Ramiz?

Debut
    Jul 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shamim Chowdry is so much better than him. It befuddles me how Athar is invited to ICC events and Shamim is not. The guy is literally a poor man's Ramiz Raja.

Debut
    Jul 2012
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have actually started to enjoy when he gets over excited.

Nothing wrong in his commentary. Everyone is different.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Horrible.

Makes Ramiz sound like Boycott.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2400 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
    Lol, nah bro didn't see the match, who said that, AAK or Ramiz?
    Athar.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    574 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I laughed when he said that.

To be fair to him, he's always been like this and isn't a frontrunner. Even when they were rubbish he'd show the same passion.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Athar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingusama92 View Post

I laughed when he said that.

To be fair to him, he's always been like this and isn't a frontrunner. Even when they were rubbish he'd show the same passion.
    Although its WC final, its still U19s, you'd think the guy would be able to contain himself, obviously not.

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post

Well said
    Doull and New Zealand commentators are woefully biased.
    Sanjay and Ganguly are also biased

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    No on is worse than Ramiz

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    Scotland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s ok to be slightly biased as most of them are but it’s another thing being totally clueless’ down right embarrassing

Waiting for the day when there will be no p....i player in a green shirt

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    501 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He should have commentated the u19 WC final. A day he would have remembered rest of his life.

He is a biased commentator like Shiva, most og the Kiwis commentators barring Smithy, Russel Arnold and Bazid Khan.

Ki Mohammad (saw) sey wafa tu ney tou hum terey hain
    Yeh jahaan cheez kya hai Loh-o-Qalam tere hain

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IAJ View Post
    He should have commentated the u19 WC final. A day he would have remembered rest of his life.

He is a biased commentator like Shiva, most og the Kiwis commentators barring Smithy, Russel Arnold and Bazid Khan.
    Ah yes how can we forget, Russel Arnold was/is the poster boy for bad commentators.

Debut
    Jan 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Ataahar Ali Khan the worst commentator in cricket?

I know there are bad commentators like Michael Vaughan and LSRK, but Ataahar Ali Khan has to be the worst of them all. Any other contenders?

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No chance, it’s probably Waqar Younis once he gets sacked and is back in the commentary box

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tied with Isa Guha and Chishti Mujahid.
    Shastri is pretty annoying too.

Debut
    Jul 2020
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim Akram and Waqar are the worst along with Sanjay Manjrekar.

Debut
    Sep 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rana View Post
    No chance, it’s probably Waqar Younis once he gets sacked and is back in the commentary box
    Waqar is not a good commentator, but Athar Ali Khan is even worse.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasim would be a strong candidate for that title

Debut
    Jun 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Murali Karthik? He's too annoying

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Planet Afridi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    958 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Tracer Bullet is p bad. Has a cringe fake macho persona making him sound too uptight. His spat with Nasser Hussain was hilarious though

Debut
    Dec 2019
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TestCricketFanatic View Post
    I know there are bad commentators like Michael Vaughan and LSRK, but Ataahar Ali Khan has to be the worst of them all. Any other contenders?
    Two of worst of the worst commentators I think are,

Manjrekar
    Harsha Bogle

Honorary mention is Ravi Shastri (when he used to commentate)

All three are cringe worthy to the max.

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Runs
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja111 View Post
    What about Murali Karthik? He's too annoying
    This. Murali Kartik is the most annoying commentator EVER. Period.