Instagram

Sohail Speaks Ponty''s Blog Fountain's Pen

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who should be Manchester United's #1 'Keeper?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lindegaard

8 44.44%
  • De Gea

10 55.56%

Thread: De Gea V Lindegaard - Who should be M. United's #1 'Keeper?

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Gea V Lindegaard - Who should be M. United's #1 'Keeper?

It may be young De Gea's first season, therefore patience must be shown in order for him to fulfill his full potential.

But you can't ignore the fact that Lindergaard has done very well in the games he has played in - consistency and performing under pressure has been the key to sucess for him. He's taken his chances better then the Spaniard has.

Should Lindergaard be regarded as Manchester United's #1 'keeper or De Gea? Share your reasons.

Based on recent games, and in general [ ignoring the potential ] which out of the two is the better 'keeper & why?

I'm back.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Gea for sure, Lindegaard is just there as motivation for him to start doing better, Fergie probably trying to make him work hard and get a fighting mentality into him so he can reap the rewards later on in his career.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet to see Lindegaard make a mistake, but then he hasn't really played in any of the big games so any mistake De Gea might make will be far more glaring.

"Oh, lovely, lovely. Well, look, I'd love to stop and chat but I'd rather have type 2 diabetes."

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    De Gea.

He's young and will make mistakes, but he's the better keeper between the two.

Lindegaard deserves credit for playing well in the games he's been given. However, he has yet to play in any big match for him to be considered a #1 keeper. I do think he'll be a #1 keeper, but probably at another club in a few years.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    De Gea. I know the whole 5 games, 5 clean sheets but Lindegaard has barely been tested in those games. De Gea is starting to grow in confidence and is starting to make less errors. He will only get better with confidence and experience.

]If you want to see what a lack fo confidence can do to you, look at Peter Cech. He no longer goes for those half and half balls and this season Chelsea have conceded a lot of those.

No one likes me cause I am a Paul Heyman guy.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think De Gea is younger and has more talent. He is also the better shotstopper, but Lindegaard has more presence in the box and etc. He is well built and is commanding at corners and set pieces. But I remember Lindegaard playing for his Norwegian teams, the guy could be a wall at times. De Gea will get better once he learns the language and gets more confident. Hopefully bulks up a little bit so that he does not become a flyweight in the box. Very happy with the goalkeeper situation in United at the moment to be honest. Ben Amos has also been good the times I have seen him.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lindergaard first made a strong statement in the CL game v Benfica, away from home. Thought he had a brilliant game, made some excellent stops and dealt the situation well when being tested. His concentration has always been to a high standard, one thing that has impressed me about him.

I'm back.

Debut
    Nov 2009
    Venue
    The Dark Side
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought's on Dea Gea's performance today? De Gea was a liability on the last goal IMO.

I'm back.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    For me to know and you to find out
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Gea has made some shocking errors this season. Fair enough its his first seaspn, but i dont think the fans are going to show a lot of patience, especially now that the pressure will only mount due to the 2nd half of the season. Fergueson has a serious issue now, to risk going forward with De Gea who will be under so much pressure, or take up Lindegaard who certainly looks assured.

"The Indian bowling attack is as devastating as the Teletubbies"- Sir Ian Botham

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    His defence didn't help today, that 3rd goal could have been prevented if the defence didn't stand there looking at one another but the other two goals were soft on our end. Can't blame him solely for todays defeat but Lindegaard deserves a run. DDG gets a lot chances cause of his price.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems I voted De Gea. Can I take that back now?

I've always been in favor of De Gea even with his mistakes early on in the season. I thought it would naturally take time for him to settle in the PL. But that last goal made my blood boil.

Seems like he is a decent shot stopper but his movement, strength and decision making has been average.

I fear we could go back to the post-Schmeichel stage. Lindegaard has shown good signs though and I haven't totally given up hope on De Gea, just don't think he's ready yet and at this stage of the season, too risky to persist with.

Debut
    Jan 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Gea is proving to be a liability, Fergie needs to give Lindegaard a decent run

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    de gea

he is a man you can depend on...

as an opposition team supporter

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I miss VDS.

De Gea is young and will make mistakes. However, his learning curve is slowly proving to be detrimental to the team's cause.

Perhaps, a chance to try Lindegaard. It's worth a shot.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure Lindegaard learnt a lot from VDS. That could be another reason why he has looked so good in the games he's played this season.

Debut
    May 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_Pathan View Post
    de gea

he is a man you can depend on...

as an opposition team supporter

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Gea with an absolutely match saving stop off Mata.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Gea pulls out save of the season to help us get a point.