Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical Abramovich and typical Chelsea, do they need a manager? It seems the players control the club.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Seen it so many times before it's becoming a farce.

"Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Naziristan + Junaidistan + Younustan + Gulistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    andre villas boas guided a smaller club in stature (porto) to a europa league title in 2010/2011 ahead of teams like juventus,liverpool,manchester city,ajax, atletico madrid,bayern leverkusen, villareal, cska moscow, zenit st petersburg, NAPOLI, sevilla,

yet he is deemed as not good enough for chelsea fc...sometimes the board of that team needs to ask themselves if its really their manager or their overyhyped and power hungry players that need the sack

a club that thinks they are better than they actually are...abrahamovich is destroying that club an eventually he will leave the club and it will be doomed

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abramovich doing what he does best

Unless he shows some patience and gives a manager time Chelsea won't be going too far

So who is the next guy to come in? Capello? Benitez?

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worrying this is that although AVB was sacked after 8 months, it ha Ben on the card for nearly 4 months.

No patience at all and players like Lampard need to realise that they are not bigger then the club.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Cockney drama continue.

"Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day." L6 Red

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he had completely lost the dressing room we really need a major overhaul in the summer

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    I was surprised that they appointed him in the first place.

Young guy, with not a lot of managerial experience in a team with a lot of big egos and personalities....it was destined for failure.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope that we dont appoint fat rafa

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mufassir View Post
    I really hope that we dont appoint fat rafa
    He would quite possibly have won you the Champions League and got the best out of Torres.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Torres is finished dont really expect anything from him and with the current squad forget the champions league even the carling cup would have been some achievement.The likes of drogba,bosingwa,meireles,a.cole,malouda,torres,mik el,kalou,fereira and hilario have to go for sure.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Well Mufassir I don't think there is anything wrong with Torres like a lot of posters mentioned he is lacking in confidence and that can only be gained on the pitch. It does not help his cause that he is effectively a £50m bench-warmer because Drogba fits better in our system, last match whilst he was a sub he showed good fight to chase balls and to setup others.

On this decision, absolutely ridiculous! I understand the need to salvage fourth place and also to save the CL and FA Cup campaigns but I actually feel we needed a young manager at the helm to reshape the squad. It would be a great blessing if we do finish out of 4th, it will put these bunch of prima-donnas out of their place and let us adopt a better way going forward. Totally agree with your point that the bunch of underperforming deadwood need to be shipped out: Lampard, Mikel, Bosingwa, JT.

On subject of a better candidate for the post, I don't think Jose will ever return because of his totally unsavoury relationship with Abrambovich plus I don't see Guardiola moving as well (he's a true Catalan) the person I would like to see would be Rijkaard, he took charge of Barcelona under similar circumstances (ageing squad, poor performances) and has a great influence in the Barca side we know today.

Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't help but feel that AVB talked himself into getting sacked with his outspoken comments in recent days.

Is it wise to publicly say that Torres is a £50 million failure like Shevchenko, Chelsea's squad is inferior to Man City, Chelsea have less wealth than City and that AVB is not married to Lampard? AVB has been loose canon or media novice - depending which way you view it.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Lord's
    Runs
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    Abramovich doing what he does best

Unless he shows some patience and gives a manager time Chelsea won't be going too far

So who is the next guy to come in? Capello? Benitez?
    Yeah he has no patience.

Mourinho maybe?

"Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision."

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abramovich to target Guardiola

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...ea-job?cc=5901

Yeah ok

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post

On subject of a better candidate for the post, I don't think Jose will ever return because of his totally unsavoury relationship with Abrambovich plus I don't see Guardiola moving as well (he's a true Catalan) the person I would like to see would be Rijkaard, he took charge of Barcelona under similar circumstances (ageing squad, poor performances) and has a great influence in the Barca side we know today.
    What about fabio capello???he is very experienced.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any manager must be stupid to take this job.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the Mata with Chelsea? They looked Terryble, they keep on Luizing, Cech the score. To be Frank, AVB doesn't have a Kalou!!.... Love it haha.
    Last edited by PetroDollars; 4th March 2012 at 20:21.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Terry-Lampard-Cole-Drogba mafia wins again.

"Oh, lovely, lovely. Well, look, I'd love to stop and chat but I'd rather have type 2 diabetes."

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Venue
    Up your's
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by petrodollars View Post
    what's the mata with chelsea? They looked terryble, they keep on luizing, cech the score. To be frank, avb doesn't have a kalou!!.... Love it haha.

19 Titles - There's only one United

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AVB is a good young manager who will probably go to Inter or another top club in Europe. The Chelsea squad is ageing and with such big egos it was always going to be difficult for him. Chelsea are a team in transition and a little patience was required, AVB could have built a squad but Roman Abramovich is notoriously impatient.

Sacking Ancelotti was a brain **** even Imran Farhat would have cringed at. Why sack a double winning manager ? That sacking is where some of Chelsea's problems stem from.

Next manager should be Ijaz Butt - he knows a thing or two about player power and 'seniors'.

Alan Wilkins: Kamran Akmal, as quick as a cobra !

Kami then proceeds to miss two stumpings...

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he didn't do himself any favours with his ridiculous touchline attire

wear a suit, wear a tracksuit ???

no, no i think i'll go with the perverts mac

feel a bit sorry for the lad if i'm honest

well not that sorry because he ill be trrousering a whopping wad, and ill get another job before you know it

hope fat frank and co are happy this evening
    Last edited by TAK; 4th March 2012 at 21:33.

کجھ شہر دے لوک وی ظالم سن
    کجھ مینوں مرن دا شوق وی سی

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    The Wirral
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    AVB is a good young manager who will probably go to Inter or another top club in Europe. The Chelsea squad is ageing and with such big egos it was always going to be difficult for him. Chelsea are a team in transition and a little patience was required, AVB could have built a squad but Roman Abramovich is notoriously impatient.

Sacking Ancelotti was a brain **** even Imran Farhat would have cringed at. Why sack a double winning manager ? That sacking is where some of Chelsea's problems stem from.

Next manager should be Ijaz Butt - he knows a thing or two about player power and 'seniors'.
    The problem is the team lacks a culture, they are way too mechanical and so creating a team identity was going to be a long process or "project" as AVB called it.

Ancelotti was the perfect "yes man" which suited Chelsea, he was used to dealing with Galliani and Berlusconi who would buy players' he didnt want, in the case of Torres and David Luiz it isnt clear who wanted these guys and everyone knows in this country the manager has to have final say on player transfers otherwise it spells disaster.

Abramovich and Chelsea are back to square one, I'm sure they regret not letting Mourinho shop in Waitrose now.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Way too impatient with him.

He just started, at least give him some time.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Capello is definitely an option but I doubt he will be willing to come to a club which has sacked 7 managers in 8 years. Rijkaard is better suited to promote a more attacking style of play and the development of our youth which is vital for future generations.

http://www.mufcinfo.com/manupag/mana...uson_alex.html

Here is the link for SAF managerial record and you notice that in his first 5 years MUFC finished 11th, 2nd, 11th, 13th and 6th respectively. Now that is a lot of inconsistency but the board stood by him and that was what was needed in AVB's case too. I think the likes of Lampard, JT and Cole need to learn from the example of Giggs who has not thrown his toys out of the pram for not playing. Yes their services to the club over the years have been exemplary but that does not give them a god-given right to play every match so that is why I chant: "Death to player-power."

Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

Debut
    May 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting knocked out against napoli was obv to much a risk to take for roman but i can't see di matteo doing any better esp as apparently the dressing room mafia don't get on esp well with him either

''....the sea would be exhausted before the words of my Lord were exhausted... ''(18:109)

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The right decision for all parties. The dressing room mafia have let off their steam for another season, Chelsea have offloaded a manager who was out of his depth in the circumstances, and AVB (who now has a lot of money in the bank) will quickly find a new and good job where he will be allowed to perform much better.

Of course, all of this should never have happened - Ancelotti should never have been sacked. Chelsea to be honest have been a decent to average side since they pied off Mourinho, and Carlo somehow won them the double. If I remember correctly there was never even much of a reason given for his departure. It was very odd and over the last year or so Abramovich has blown it again.

The dream of a Roman Empire now seems a very long way away indeed. It will take several seasons to seriously challenge for the league again, let alone his personal promised land of the Champion's League. For now they have to keep on their toes or Newcastle could finish in the Europa League spot.

Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    Manchester, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Shame AVB wasnt given time to try and turn the clubs fortunes around, its pretty much an impossible job to do the chelsea manager. To many aging player, to much deadwood and a powerful Mafia dressing room, plus a trigger happy owner. I dont envy anyone who is the next unlucky person to take the job.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really feel sorry for the guy but some of his tactics were really baffling like playing bosingwa and meireles regularly plus on the rijkaard thing i think it is also a very decent option but i just feel that it will be capello.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy View Post

The dream of a Roman Empire now seems a very long way away indeed. It will take several seasons to seriously challenge for the league again, let alone his personal promised land of the Champion's League. For now they have to keep on their toes or Newcastle could finish in the Europa League spot.
    All we have to do is somehow finish 4th this season and then i am dead sure that abramovich will open his chequebook big time and we will be challenging for top glory once again but the key is to finish in the champions league spot at any cost.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem for Chelsea is that all the while Terry and Lampard are at the club, no manager (who doesn't follow their direction) has a chance of success.