Instagram

Pakistan vs New Zealand 2014 (UAE)

Sohail Speaks Ponty''s Blog Fountain's Pen

User Tag List

Thread: Senna

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    58,532
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Senna

    Finally got a chance to watch the film last night.

    Brilliant viewing, well made and really interesting.

    What a legend he was. A daring driver and such a tragedy that he passed away at the age of 34.

    A lot of questions still remain unanswered about the cause of the crash.



  2. #2
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,333
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrong section

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    58,532
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif khan View Post
    Wrong section
    Why, this is the sports section isn't it and Senna was a sportsman.



  4. #4
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    A Hong Kong Pond
    Runs
    8,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen it yet but want to when get a chance.
    The same production team are making a docudrama about Seve Ballesteros. Should be riveting viewing as well.


    Bad Boys, Bad Boys....What you gonna do when the ICC come for you

  5. #5
    Debut
    Aug 2005
    Runs
    2,333
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Why, this is the sports section isn't it and Senna was a sportsman.
    True, it just seemed a little strange the mention of a film in this section. Anyway, I concur, it's a fantastic sporting documentary with a very emotional feel to it.

    How it didn't make The Oscars is a travesty but then they have a history of choosing duds as winners anyway.

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Yorkshire
    Runs
    34,895
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amoeba View Post
    I haven't seen it yet but want to when get a chance.
    The same production team are making a docudrama about Seve Ballesteros. Should be riveting viewing as well.
    Can't wait to see both!

  7. #7
    Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    England/ Mirpur AJK
    Runs
    6,406
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    Finally got a chance to watch the film last night.

    Brilliant viewing, well made and really interesting.

    What a legend he was. A daring driver and such a tragedy that he passed away at the age of 34.

    A lot of questions still remain unanswered about the cause of the crash.
    I watched it last night too. What a sportsman even with all the risks and injury's he carried on going . He seemed like a great man to and will probably be remembered in Brazil for decades to come.


    A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

    Malcolm X

  8. #8
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    A Hong Kong Pond
    Runs
    8,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whippy View Post
    Can't wait to see both!
    Yep Stephen Evans was in dubai during the test series to raise cash for the film. Will concentrate on his early days. Promises to be a real tear jerker but also inspirational.

    Family was so poor he first started to play with pebbles and homemade clubs.


    Bad Boys, Bad Boys....What you gonna do when the ICC come for you

  9. #9
    Debut
    Mar 2004
    Venue
    St James' Park
    Runs
    59,163
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard a lot of good things about it, both from F1 and non-F1 fans so I will try to watch it soon

    The director if I am not mistaken is an Indian?

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    A Hong Kong Pond
    Runs
    8,809
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Ahmed View Post
    I have heard a lot of good things about it, both from F1 and non-F1 fans so I will try to watch it soon

    The director if I am not mistaken is a Pakistani/Indian?
    Yep Asif Kapadia if I'm not mistaken.


    Bad Boys, Bad Boys....What you gonna do when the ICC come for you

  11. #11
    Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    58,532
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    He had so much passion for the sport.

    I always feel that the greatest sportsmen are the ones who just enjoy the sport and would do it for free.



  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    Datmouth, Canada
    Runs
    328
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved the film and the way the whole movie is on actual footage from race events and senna's family videos. Explains the politics which went on in F1 at the time, it was much out in open then it is now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

:: Cricket-Blog:: wasimakramlive.com:: Sri Lanka Cricket News:: Bouncer Sports:: Cricket Heroes::