Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

"Pattinson Looks Like He Means Business" : Courtney Walsh

As the series between West Indies and Australia commences, this is what West Indian fast bowling legend Courtnery Walsh said to PakPassion in his recent interview.

PakPassion.net : Any quick bowlers apart from Dale Steyn that impress you?

Courtney Walsh : I liked the look of James Pattinson on debut. He came out and looked as if he meant business. He showed good attitude, bowled with good pace and aggression and I think he has the look of a fast bowler who could make great strides. I was very impressed with his debut and it will be very very interesting to see how he develops. I'm looking forward to seeing him come to the West Indies and see how he does in the Caribbean.

Australia look as if they are starting to produce some good quicks once again. But I don't think the overall quality is there at the moment in cricket when it comes to fast bowling. Looking back, nearly every team had at least a couple of genuine quicks and these days there are just a handful of what I would term genuine fast bowlers of real quality. I don't think it's a great phase for fast bowling at the moment.

If you missed the interview with Courtney, here's the link :-

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/sh...ighlight=walsh

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Patto has the right attitude for a fast bowler, let me at em!

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Kabul, Afghanistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pattu has got some venom running in his veins fo sure, this guy ( if stays fit) is gonna cause lots of problems for batsmen in tests.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This tour will likely be played on the slow, low wickets which the WI has descended to these modern days so it will be an interesting test for him.

Debut
    Apr 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    843 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Though his List A and Odi career isn't that bright but Australia should take a gamble and pick him along with starc, hazlewood and cummins for Champions Trophy.

Debut
    Feb 2015
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been hearing about this guy for ages.. Hopefully will see him in action.