Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Amir to join PCB in fighting corruption

Amir to join PCB in fighting corruption

By Fawad Hussain

Published: March 21, 2012

Amir hopes to stay on track to help PCB fight against corruption. PHOTO: AFP

KARACHI:

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has reiterated its plans of using banned fast-bowler Mohammad Amir in fighting corruption and warning the country’s cricketers about the effects of indulging in spot-fixing or match-fixing, according to the board’s chief Zaka Ashraf.

Amir called on the chairman after being informed of the PCB’s plans during the remaining period of his five-year ban by the International Cricket Council (ICC). Amir returned home three months after being jailed, having served half his sentence. According to some reports, Amir’s ban handed by the ICC could also be halved and he could be free to play cricket as early as next year.

The PCB has formulised a plan to keep the fast-bowler on track during the period.

“Along with Amir, three other cricketers will also be part of the rehabilitation process,” Ashraf told The Express Tribune. “We are searching for a good psychologist and all four will undergo treatment together.”

Zaka, however, refused to name the other three being considered to be part of the project.“Amir will then be used in a programme to lecture other players until his ICC ban ends.”

Meanwhile, although the PCB chairman had earlier said that Amir’s rehabilitation was purely the PCB’s domain, a report has suggested that the board had written to the ICC on the plans, with the board inquiring about the possibility of starting rehabilitation and counselling work on Amir almost a month ago.

The PCB is yet to receive the governing body’s response.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 21st, 2012.

Link: http://tribune.com.pk/story/352740/a...ng-corruption/

Debut
    Dec 2008
    Venue
    Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I also read on a newz channel that icc is going to recocider his ban. How reliable is this newz?

Don't U C that the lion is silent and yet feared,while the dog barks constantly and is despised

Debut
    Apr 2007
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    would be great to have amir back i miss his presence on the cricket field what a superb cricketer

number 1 fan of Hammad Azam the Attock Assassin

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Oslo, Norway
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good initiative by the PCB. I hope they actually provide good information to other domestic players.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder whom the other three cricketers are?

#FreePalestine #SupportGaza #PrayForGaza #PrayForPalestine

Debut
    Sep 2007
    Venue
    Unknown
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Butt, Asif and?

The Underdogs

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got to give him credit for effort.

He's doing everything to repair his image, and it won't exactly look bad in front of a judge, if he ever tried to challange the ban.

Batsmen of Avg 50+ Pakistan=4 India=5
    Bowlers of Avg 25- Pakistan=8
    India=0 (best bedi, mid 28!)

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UP View Post
    Butt, Asif and?
    I doubt the other 2 are Butt and Asif as they'll most likely not play cricket again.

#FreePalestine #SupportGaza #PrayForGaza #PrayForPalestine

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    You've got to give him credit for effort.

He's doing everything to repair his image, and it won't exactly look bad in front of a judge, if he ever tried to challange the ban.
    Aside from the fact he lied through his teeth at that hearing where he got the ban. Only changed his tune when threatened with jail.

They will not reconsider the ban, there is no basis for doing so. At the very least, he has lied to the ICC tribunal so you think now they know he lied to them they are going to halve his ban?

I support him coming back when the ban is served but this media celebrity stuff is sickening. He is corrupt and a cheat who doesnt deserve this attention.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff by Amir and PCB.

Fix his head, and get him back in the game. He was a superstar in the making. And even after a 5 year layoff, he will still be better than the crap we have in the team at the moment

Ghareeb saray mar gaye
    Kiun kai, zinda hai bhutto zinda hai

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Aussie View Post
    Aside from the fact he lied through his teeth at that hearing where he got the ban. Only changed his tune when threatened with jail.

They will not reconsider the ban, there is no basis for doing so. At the very least, he has lied to the ICC tribunal so you think now they know he lied to them they are going to halve his ban?

I support him coming back when the ban is served but this media celebrity stuff is sickening. He is corrupt and a cheat who doesnt deserve this attention.
    Yep, that was wrong of him, but an 18 year old wrapped up in fame, money and controversy isn't exactly the most rational of thinkers.

I don't think he should have got away with it, regardless of age.

But....a jail sentence, and a 2 year ban seems harsh enough. Thats my take on it.

I would even support him getting 5 years, if Butt and Asif had 10. All about relativity.

Finally, it all depends on if you believe his interview. I kinda do. Atherton who took it did. Bob Willis believes him, and even suggested a reduction in ban.

Opinions eh?

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, that was wrong of him, but an 18 year old wrapped up in fame, money and controversy isn't exactly the most rational of thinkers.

I don't think he should have got away with it, regardless of age.

But....a jail sentence, and a 2 year ban seems harsh enough. Thats my take on it.

I would even support him getting 5 years, if Butt and Asif had 10. All about relativity.

Finally, it all depends on if you believe his interview. I kinda do. Atherton who took it did. Bob Willis believes him, and even suggested a reduction in ban.

Opinions eh?
    True and each person has their own opinion.

I remember seeing his interviews talking about a conspiracy against Muslims and other outright lies. Then his interviews after the ban talking about his innocence. Then changed his story and didnt have the balls to state it in court. Now out pleading some form of innocence and all over the media yet again.

I dont believe a word he says, he is a proven liar who will say anything he can to help himself. Liars are liars, young or old.

But that is my opinion only. People dont need to be saints to be good at cricket.

Debut
    Nov 2008
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True and each person has their own opinion.

I remember seeing his interviews talking about a conspiracy against Muslims and other outright lies. Then his interviews after the ban talking about his innocence. Then changed his story and didnt have the balls to state it in court. Now out pleading some form of innocence and all over the media yet again.

I dont believe a word he says, he is a proven liar who will say anything he can to help himself. Liars are liars, young or old.

But that is my opinion only. People dont need to be saints to be good at cricket.
    Thats definately true

But remember, he has very little to lie about in actual fact anymore.

He's served his prison sentence. He's almost served 2 years of his ban. He hasn't challanged the ban at the sport of arbitration.

You also state a whole paragraph about his story, but as far as I know, he's had two stories. The one he talked about for months, and told the cricketing court.

...and then this one. Which he probably told someone, because he decided to plead guilty. So you make it sound like he's a serial liar, but to me, it sounds like he was lying until he decided to tell the truth.

Thats where he pleaded guilty, took the prison sentence, and decided against challenging the ban.

Debut
    Jul 2008
    Venue
    The UK's Faisalabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry.

'..like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair...'

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats definately true

But remember, he has very little to lie about in actual fact anymore.
    So long as you believe his story that the only time he acted corruptly was that one time he got caught......which I don't believe either.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff...hope he and the PCB do whatever they can to win hearts and sway public opinion slowly but surely.

Would be a great story if he makes a comeback...and I think he will! Perhaps sooner then everyone thinks I feel!

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty786 View Post
    Good stuff...hope he and the PCB do whatever they can to win hearts and sway public opinion slowly but surely.

Would be a great story if he makes a comeback...and I think he will! Perhaps sooner then everyone thinks I feel!
    How could he come back sooner? This is an ICC ban, it stands, it is not some PCB ban or Afridi retirement which changes with the wind.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dair aaye durust aaye

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Utah, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So long as you believe his story that the only time he acted corruptly was that one time he got caught......which I don't believe either.
    For once, we agree.

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wrongun View Post
    How could he come back sooner? This is an ICC ban, it stands, it is not some PCB ban or Afridi retirement which changes with the wind.
    Although he has said he wont pursue with CAS...U-turns aren't uncommon.

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember PPP appointed anti-smuggling and anti-drug ministers in 1988 or 92 . One of them was the most natorious druglord in Pak. Irony

Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty786 View Post
    Although he has said he wont pursue with CAS...U-turns aren't uncommon.
    I don't see how CAS can reduce it. CAS has no power to reduce a ban below the minimum set by the sports own governing body. 5 years is already the minimum for spot fixing.

He has admitted guilt so he can't try to overturn it completely unless he wants to fight it on some procedural technicality. He has no room for it to be reduced by CAS or ICC.

I don't see how it can happen.

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Brampton
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone remember Shane Warne. Huh

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior_Akmal View Post
    Two wrong don't make it right. I don't believe Amir either. I watched his interview. I agree with Random Aussie's statement "I dont believe a word he says, he is a proven liar who will say anything he can to help himself. Liars are liars, young or old."

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Brampton
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by insaaniyat View Post
    Two wrong don't make it right. I don't believe Amir either. I watched his interview. I agree with Random Aussie's statement "I dont believe a word he says, he is a proven liar who will say anything he can to help himself. Liars are liars, young or old."
    Just like I can say I don't care what you or RA thinks. The point is that when someone tries to make something right that he/she previously did wrong, you don't go out and jump on him and keep saying I don't believe him. If this is true in what Amir is willing to do to make things better for himself and future youngsters then he should be encouraged. It's funny when people were saying that he should come and at least say sorry and show remorse and bla bla bla. Well now that he has started doing it, judging a 17/18 year old based on the lies is not very wise. No one is asking you to believe him but to say whatever he says is a lie. Whatever happened to giving people a chance to redeem themselves first by accepting their mistake and do something constructive to make things better and make themselves a better person.

I think what RA said was a tad disappointing because I always thought he was a sensible poster but man was I right. Pretty sensless statement when the right person would encourage young people to make things right. Amir obviously cannot go back and change anything but he can show that he geniuenly is sorry and admits he was wrong in doing what he did.

If someone is sent to jail, the whole idea is not to just punish them but also to make them realize what they did was wrong and give them an opportunity to reflect on everything and become a better person. If everyone like RA will keep saying I don't believe him and keep calling him a liar then these people will never be encouraged to become better person and realize that they did wrong.

If by Amir doing what they are saying he will do with PCB can even prevent one youngster from not doing what Amir did then I would believe Amir. What RA is saying is just pure hatred. Why, I can understand that though so I don't blame him but least be a bit more rationale.

Debut
    Nov 2010
    Venue
    Hyderabad
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahmed shahzad & Jamshed + Umar akmal may be?

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Junior Akmal

No hate from me I just don't believe him.

What I think about it makes zero difference anyway

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior_Akmal View Post
    Yes. What's your point?

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Delhi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "every sinner has a future, every saint has a past". I believe in that.

A person can reform. But having said that, i'l agree with random_aussie on this. The reason being, in that interview, he's trying too hard to portray as a naive kid.

He's trying to manipulate the emotions of common pakistani people and worldwide. Its there to see.... So he's way more clever than what people think. I don't think he's even true to being himself right now.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Toronto/Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well kudos to the PCB for actually attempting to get a rehab program going for him, and getting the ICC known to their plans. Also I think having a past cricketer who has found himself in this mess sharing his experiences with youngsters would be a lot more effective than other forms of corruption education.

Show a little bit of moderation, in both denouncement and praise.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow good stuff from the PCB for once and well done to Amir for lifting his image and restoring himself to how he was. If he comesback inshallah, it will be a brilliant sports memory and he will be looked upon as a brave hero maby!

You aren't a failure if you fail, you are a failure if you don't get up to try again-Imran Khan

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should also pay him well so that he can concentrate on his bowling.

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think this is a good mvoe. WHta more can the PCB do?

as for RA's assertions. yes I thought as you do but I'm having second thoughts now. He has served his time, he is serving his punishment. What more can we do? ban him for life? maybe thats what should have been done but it wasnt so we should give him another chance.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Madison, WI, USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. What's your point?
    Point is, what are or were your feelings towards Warne when he lied or got caught? Did you also think back then that he shouldn't have been given another chance? If you thought diff about him that would make you a hypocrite, if not you're a better man than most of us who want him back.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    "every sinner has a future, every saint has a past". I believe in that.

A person can reform. But having said that, i'l agree with random_aussie on this. The reason being, in that interview, he's trying too hard to portray as a naive kid.

He's trying to manipulate the emotions of common pakistani people and worldwide. Its there to see.... So he's way more clever than what people think. I don't think he's even true to being himself right now.
    come out of the shell of your indian mentality. just try to imagine what you would have thought if the same had happened to some indian 18 year old talented player. just imagine how an uneducated 18 year old boy coming from a very poor family and backward village would have handled such a mess after being so much fame. you are denying his naivity. if you ever had to come across cultures of pakistani villages, i am sure you will understand his naivity.
    give him some room for forgiveness for being human for his lies before because its natural and reflex response of a normal human to speak lie to save himself. but i think you should appreciate him for coming clean finally because it needs a lot of courage. and an important factor is that he is showing this remorse without any greed now. its not like that if he says sorry, icc will call him back the next day. even he is not appealing in cas. its the proof of his true repentance.
    forget that he is pakistani. i am a pakistani fan. but i declare very honestly here that if amir comes back as an indian cricketer or any other country cricketer, i would love to watch him and support him with the same enthusiam as before. i request all those, who still consider him to be liar, to forgive this kid. he has got punishment for the crime he never did intentionally. and even apologised for that. think him as your own kid whom you will forgive thousand times in a day.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is true. It was likely to be one of the many spot/match fixes. It is too much of a coincidence to be caught the first time.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but the punishment and humiliation he has suffered has a chance (however remote the possibility) to mend him.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the people jealous of his talent as a pakistani will continue to deny his chances. before they said that amir should show remorse. he did. now they say that this is one of many fixes he did and he should come clean about other fixes. lolz. these people will never accept his repentance because they are jealous humans not normal just humans.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    could be salim malik, jadeja and azharuddin

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont care if he joins or not.............He for sure knows much more and I want him to give all the details plus everything about that ALI

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianWillow View Post
    This is true. It was likely to be one of the many spot/match fixes. It is too much of a coincidence to be caught the first time.
    Not sure. I dont think he delivered any no-ball in Pak games pre England series?

Debut
    Jan 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is interesting.

From Cricinfo - Amir must focus on rehab says Lorgat.

Mohammad Amir must go through a process of rehabilitation, including educating himself and others about the perils of corruption, and not focus on the reduction of the ban imposed on him by an ICC tribunal for his involvement in spot-fixing, the ICC chief Haroon Lorgat has said. Lorgat also said the ICC rules do not allow for a reduction of the five-year ban and stressed the importance of respecting the verdict the independent tribunal had reached.

In his first statement after returning to Pakistan from England on February 26, Amir had said he would not request the ICC to reduce his ban, which runs until 2015. Lorgat said Amir should start the rehabilitation process by doing the right things.

"I would prefer that the starting point should not be about whether we [ICC] could reduce the sentence," Lorgat told ESPNcricinfo in Mumbai, en route to Sri Lanka where he will release the first batch of tickets for the ICC World Twenty20. "Let that [the reduction of the ban] be the end result of a process of rehabilitation since he has now come clean, if that is indeed the case. Part of the sanction he received from the ICC tribunal was to educate himself and for him to educate others. So let us do all the necessary building blocks before we get to a point where anyone could ask, 'Does he now deserve a review?'"

Amir was released from custody after serving half of his six-month sentence for his involvement in the spot-fixing scandal during the Lord's Test in 2010. The Crown Prosecution Service had brought charges against Amir, Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif under conspiracy to accept corrupt payments and conspiracy to cheat at gambling after a sting operation carried out by the now defunct News Of the World. Butt and Asif had pleaded not guilty in court but were found guilty in November 2011; Amir pleaded guilty to the charges and did not stand trial. Amir, however, had pleaded not guilty before the ICC's tribunal in Doha in February 2011.

Life could have been different and perhaps easier for Amir, Lorgat said, had he pleaded guilty in front of the ICC tribunal in Doha. Amir had maintained he was innocent at the time. The three-man tribunal - comprising Michael Beloff QC, Sharad Rao and Justice Albie Sachs - banned Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Amir for ten, seven and five years respectively, after finding them guilty of spot-fixing. Amir's reaction to that decision was that he would appeal the ban in the Court of Arbitration of Sports in Switzerland. He later decided not to appeal.

"I find it very unfortunate for Mohammad Amir. We did provide him with lots of opportunities," Lorgat said, when asked if he was disappointed Amir did not confess in Doha. "The tribunal might have looked at it differently and who knows what decision they could have come to on sanction. It could have been a different story. I am sad for him."

In an interview on Sky TV after his release from custody, Amir said he had been tricked into bowling no-balls to order during the Lord's Test by his agent Mazhar Majeed and his captain Salman Butt. He said he did not "have the courage" to admit his guilt to the ICC tribunal.

Lorgat's advice for Amir was to not to give up and, "do all the right things." "Come into the education process and don't just give up the game," Lorgat said. "Retain your faith in the future. He must be prepared to tell his story and explain to others what they need to be careful of."

Lorgat felt the ICC, the PCB and Amir, and all other stakeholders, should work together to try and ensure no other player falls prey to corruption. He said Amir could talk, over video, to the players during the ICC Under-19 World Cup to be held in Australia later this year. "If Mohammad Amir stands up and delivers a message of caution about this murky world, people are going to sit up and listen. That is one example of rehabilitation."

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    The biggest deterrent for any cricketer around the world even thinking of getting involved in such deeds should be the thought of going to prison.

The honour of playing for your country should be adequate to give 100%. Nobody should need videos and lessons on being honest.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^the video and lessons could teach upcoming players how to handle fans and media. Its a known fact that our cricketers are the poorest with communication skills, often saying/doing something out of the ordinary and regretting later. According to Amir, this is where he let his guard down and made friends with wrong people.

There is certainly a case here to educate youngsters how to carry yourself in public gatherings and press conferences.

Hammad Azam - Remember the name !

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you believe it?

See, now even if he is telling the truth, some people just won't believe him.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Aamir Sohail strongly believes PCB should help Aamir enrol in an educational institute and help him get an education for the next 3-4 years. I agree with him 100%, so many cricketers fail to focus on their education due to cricketing commitments, this just might be a god sent for Aamir and could actually pay big dividends 20 years later when he retires from cricket for good.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect this is part of a plan to get his ban reduced, his advisors have obviously decided to do it the right way, it was telling that he chose to do an interview with Atherton. Now we hear about him being involved in educating others, its all to sort his image out so when he does decide to appeal his ban they will take him seriously. If he had sat around for 6 months and done little or nothing there would be no chance of it being reduced. Fair play to him, there are lots of conflicting views but I hope he does play for Pakistan again...

Debut
    Dec 2007
    Runs
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hashmist View Post
    Point is, what are or were your feelings towards Warne when he lied or got caught? Did you also think back then that he shouldn't have been given another chance? If you thought diff about him that would make you a hypocrite, if not you're a better man than most of us who want him back.
    Thought the punishment at the time was a disgrace and still do.

Both him and Waugh should have been banned for at least six months.

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Milwaukee
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't really understand what the fuss is about here. he was handed a 5 year ban and hasn't appealed it. even if he attempted to appeal the ban, his appeal would be destroyed since he already lied to the ICC tribunal so that hypothetical situation is a pointless discussion.

he's going the right direction if he plans on reviving his career in 4 odd years. credit to him for that.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The appeal would be against the length of the ban not ban itself. Two different things.

If you're first you're first. If you're second you're nothing - Bill Shankly

Debut
    Oct 2007
    Venue
    Milwaukee
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    The appeal would be against the length of the ban not ban itself. Two different things.
    obviously. no appeal of amir's is going to reduce his ban length, i'd bet my house on that. if he thinks all this publicity and good intentions now is going to effect a potential appeal then he needs to find a different lawyer (one he's not in love with).

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Venue
    Cheltenham, England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amir being enlisted to fight corruption is like putting the fox in charge of the hen house!!

The devious kid has repeatedly lied after trying to pull of the dumbest con trick on the world of cricket - even more stupid is this daring exposé he's trying to elude to now - blaming the other rat butt - it's true what they say, "there's no honour amongst thieves!!!!"