Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

PakPassion Cricket League - Discussion / Q & A Thread

What is PakPassion Cricket League (PPCL)?

It's simple. It's just like real cricket, but it's online on this forum. You, the members of this forum will be the players who play for teams. Once you've signed up (see below), you'll be drafted into a team by one of the teams captains (to be decided later) and your details will be entered into a simulator (sim). You will be handed contracts by your captain. These contracts decide what average you will receive on the sim. The better the contract, the better the average. Matches are then simulated on the sim, where you can follow how well you and your team are going, how many wickets you've taken or how many runs you've scored. The sim produces ball by ball commentary, just like you see on cricinfo, as well as scorecards. Your real life cricketing ability does not determine how good you are on the sim.

What next?

Once the deadline for sign ups is over, a draft will take place where captains will take it in turns to pick players for their teams from the sign up list. Once teams have been picked, contracts will be handed out to the players by their captains (as explained above). Contracts will range from A to E (A being best, E being worst). There will be limits on each level of contract per team (more information later). From my experience, the most established or more authorative members of the forum receive the higher contracts.

Once this is complete, the season will begin. there will be a First Class, One Day and Twenty20 competition. The number of teams and number of games per competition can only be decided once we've collected all the sign ups.

Tips

If you consider yourself to be a newer member of the forum in comparison to the other players, then I advise that you don't sign up as an All Rounder. Why? Chances are you will receive a low contract and all rounders with low contracts do not perform very well. Only all rounders with higher contracts tend to do well.

In the draft thread, please be enthusiastic but not annoying. By annoying I mean don't constantly say "I want to be picked" "Someone pick me" "I want to be in this team" "Can you pick me please?". It doesn't look good on yourself and the chances are you will be picked towards the end (or not picked at all). That might also be considered as spamming.

To make yourself stand out to being picked, improve your posting quality throughout the forum. Also remain active. If you sign up this competition and then become inactive or are less active, chances are that the captains will be reluctant to pick you.

Once the matches begin, support and cheer your team in the match threads. Whilst it is up to the captain, there might also be a team thread specific to your team to discuss your clubs performances, amongst other things. We also love friendly banter, so don't shy away from ribbing your opposition, but please keep it within limits and don't go overboard.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Please use this thread to ask any questions, discuss the League, boast about your abilities etc etc.
    Last edited by King_Rizzy; 2nd August 2012 at 11:33.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Brampton/Islamabad/Rawalpindi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pakpassion Cricket League - Discussion / Q & A Thread

Btw, Thank You King RIzzy for doing this tornament. Thx for taking responsibility of it!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shahrukh619 View Post
    Btw whats pure allrounder?
    It's in the name really. He's not a bowing all rounder nor a batting all rounder, but he's in the middle, he's equally good at both bowling and batting. A bowling all rounder is someone better at bowling than batting, someone like maybe Stuart Broad/Shane Warne whilst a batting all rounder is someone who is better at batting than bowling, someone like Abdul Razzaq/Yuvraj Singh. Examples of Pure All Rounders would be Afridi or Jacques Kallis.

I hope that brings some clarity.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question, will every team need a wicket keeper or is there no need for that?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I Believe in the Teesra View Post
    So how exactly does the simming work?

All information is given in the opening post of this thread. Averages are put in and the sim simulates matches.

Quote Originally Posted by ElRaja View Post
    So are the contacts we are given based upon the subjective choice of the captains or some objective merit? I can see a lot of scope for siasat in this.

Yep, it's captains choice who gets what contract. I'm sure the captains will be sensible enough to ensure an equal balance around the team in terms of bowling and batting.

Quote Originally Posted by choclate View Post
    Name:Asian Super Jaguars(my team name from now defunct ultra cricket pbm simulation)

Erm, you do realise the name is for an individual (which is you) rather than for a team...???

Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    I have a question, will every team need a wicket keeper or is there no need for that?
    Yes, every team requires a wicket keeper. If memory serves me correctly, if no wicketkeeper is the starting 11, the sim selects a make shift keeper (who isn't very good).

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question can I change my player before the competition begins?

I realized that It'll be better If i don't go with an allrounder.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    I have a question can I change my player before the competition begins?

I realized that It'll be better If i don't go with an allrounder.
    Yes, but you can only change up until the draft. Once the draft has begun, you can't change your player type until the following season.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If anyone wants to make any changes, let me know and I will edit your posts. in the signup thread.
    Last edited by Shayan; 27th March 2012 at 11:05.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Rizzy View Post
    Yes, but you can only change up until the draft. Once the draft has begun, you can't change your player type until the following season.
    Thnx for your answer, I have PM'ed Shayan.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At the moment, 42 participants. I'm aiming for a least 4 teams (could get more though). Bearing in mind each team, in my opinion, needs at least 2 subs, so that's a minimum of 13 players per team. Meaning we require 52 players for 4 teams, 65 for 5 teams, 78 for 6 teams.

Still plenty of time though for sign ups.

Debut
    Aug 2009
    Venue
    Terrestrial
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment, 42 participants. I'm aiming for a least 4 teams (could get more though). Bearing in mind each team, in my opinion, needs at least 2 subs, so that's a minimum of 13 players per team. Meaning we require 52 players for 4 teams, 65 for 5 teams, 78 for 6 teams.

Still plenty of time though for sign ups.
    Thankyou for the update. Looks a great sim!

A little query then; is the sim dependant on ground/pitch conditions as well? In which case, the captain decides to go in with more pacers/spinners et al., or are the match conditions fixed? Thanks.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep. The home captain will select pitch conditions for every match. More info regarding that will be revealed later.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good idea, makes life easier with a Q&A thread.

I'm so used to pressing the edit button (as I've been Global Mod on all previous forums), found a couple of typos. Nothing major.

Things are looking good so far, lots of sign ups. Let's hope for a good competition.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do Allrounders always perform?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope. Does Razzaq or Afridi always perform? No, same here really.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Venue
    Sacramento, California USA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you sign up, does it ensure that you make it to a team?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're not guaranteed a place. Especially in your case where you have a low post count. I will thought try my utmost best to get everyone who signs up into a team. However, post some more in the forum, quality posting will get you a long way to be honest.

From past experience on other forums, I have known people with quite high post counts, but weren't good posters (or were considered as spammers), that didn't get picked. Whilst post count might get you a place in a team or a high contract, it doesn't mean everything.

Also, the type of player you are could get you a place in a team, so if you think your chances of getting picked are slim, being smart in the player type you pick for yourself could get you into a team. I know which player type I'd pick if my chances of getting picked were slim (I won't tell you which one it is though).
    Last edited by King_Rizzy; 27th March 2012 at 14:17.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King_ RIzzy could you tell us, that what average would you put for the batting and bowling average of a bowling allrounder?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    King_ RIzzy could you tell us, that what average would you put for the batting and bowling average of a bowling allrounder?
    According to the OP, this depends on what contract your captain gives you.

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm slightly different to how we used to do it before but sounds very interesting. Looking forward to it, indeed.

Rizzy, is there any chance we can also have 3-4 International players part of the squads too?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO it looks like we would also be having a budget system aswell.. Good stuff then.

Instead of dictating us to make so and so type of players average this much, we can do that by ourself but with a limitted budget.....

Btw, if i could throw in a few suggestions.. THe winner and the runner up should get a slight increase in there budget for future games!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boi View Post
    Hmm slightly different to how we used to do it before but sounds very interesting. Looking forward to it, indeed.

Rizzy, is there any chance we can also have 3-4 International players part of the squads too?

Not sure, I will only add international players if we need to make up numbers for squads, but it would only be 1 or 2 max, not 3-4. However, let's see on the number of sign ups we get.

SO it looks like we would also be having a budget system aswell.. Good stuff then.

Instead of dictating us to make so and so type of players average this much, we can do that by ourself but with a limitted budget.....

Btw, if i could throw in a few suggestions.. THe winner and the runner up should get a slight increase in there budget for future games!
    Adding a budget will complicate things. It's been tried in the past, it will just make thing confusing, so I say we leave out any type of budget. There will be limits on how many of certain contracts each team will be eligible to hand out. Since I'm on the topic, here's what the limits will be per team in terms of contracts (contracts range from A-E, with A being the best): 2 A's, 4 B's, 5 C's and unlimited D's and E's. One player is only allowed one contract type (sounds obvious, but the amount of trouble I've had in the past regarding this is unbelievable).

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And how will captains/managers be chosen? Draw of the hat?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, counting on the more senior members to give me recommendations (some of which have already been made), then a decision can be made.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inswinger View Post
    And how will captains/managers be chosen? Draw of the hat?
    In order to make sure this competition is successful, we have to ensure that the team captains are active on the forum, and can be relied upon to post teams etc on time.

Once we have an idea of how many teams there will be, (and therefore the number of captains), we can decide who the captains should be.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think there is a nee of international players. Only members should play. If internationals are added then some members might now get to play or not even get picked

Debut
    Mar 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayan View Post
    In order to make sure this competition is successful, we have to ensure that the team captains are active on the forum, and can be relied upon to post teams etc on time.

Once we have an idea of how many teams there will be, (and therefore the number of captains), we can decide who the captains should be.

So basically Captains will be hand picked?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not exactly hand picked, but picked on advice of other forum members.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about a voting process?

All the posters who want to captain/manage a team should come forward..

for example,if 16 poster come forward and want to be captain while there are 8 teams then 8 captains/managers would be required. All the posters who are participating in this torny along with the ones who want to be captain, should choose the top 8 posters who they think should be captain. One vote for each member. From all the posters, they would choose the top 8 to be cAptain. The voters can't vote for more then 8 posters. One vote each

In easy words, voters have to choose the top 8 ones out of 16 posters

Out of all the 16 posters, the top 8 ones who got the most votes, should be given captaincy...

Also the ones who gets the least votes, should be given the first draft, the one with the most votes should be given the last draft. Meaning the captain who came 8 in the voting process, gets to pick first, while the one whi came 7th gets to pick second and so on till the the one who came first gets last pick...
    Last edited by shahrukh619; 27th March 2012 at 22:54.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Decent idea, we will look into it nearer the signing up deadline.

Certainly makes sense to do something similar to that though. We will see. Any other ideas are most welcome in here.
    Last edited by Shayan; 27th March 2012 at 22:54.

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can have vice-captains as well. Incase a captan is unavailable for a few days.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The voting thing is good.

Let's ask about all the people who want to be in the running for captaincy and then we can just make a thread and vote for the deserving candidates.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But basically, we have no input in how good our player can perform. It's all a matter of luck

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't exactly say luck. The sim has a system built in which it follows (kind of). Some things are better kept a secret though

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't exactly say luck. The sim has a system built in which it follows (kind of). Some things are better kept a secret though
    I myself have worked on a (now defunct) football sim website.

I do have a rough idea of how the sim will work

But without being able to train our player or do anything to them it is more based on what contract you receive.

Anyway, should be fun!

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rizzy bhai, what do you think about the voting process

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    Princeton, Atlanta, Bawarchi Palace
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the discussion of international players, I thought maybe the addition of 1-2 international/domestic Pakistani players per squad would be a little fun.

Eh?

PPCL Season 2
    Captain of the Dhamakedar Dynamites

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think someone else mentioned it that adding real life players will take away the opportunity from the actual forum members. Any real life players, whether they be international or domestic will only be added if we're short of players to make up teams. At the moment, it doesn't seem likely, however.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think someone else mentioned it that adding real life players will take away the opportunity from the actual forum members. Any real life players, whether they be international or domestic will only be added if we're short of players to make up teams. At the moment, it doesn't seem likely, however.
    Hm fair enough, but I think we could just add teams until all members plus an international player or two were accommodated.

Unless of course, that means we have more than 8 teams, then it's a no-go on the internationals.

Also, must we wait till the 9th! I'm getting restless for this.

PPCL Season 2

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, need to collate as much players as possible. I know you're keen and eager to get this going, but patience is the key here. Don't want to rush but don't want to take too long.

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more the merrier.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just make the captain voting thingy.

Democracy!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, I was just about to put up a captaincy applications thread.

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will I have to download a simulation for this? If yes is it compatible with Mac?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeraq View Post
    Will I have to download a simulation for this? If yes is it compatible with Mac?
    No, Rizzy will do the simulations, and scorecards etc will be posted in this forum. All you need to do is keep coming back to check

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayan View Post
    No, Rizzy will do the simulations, and scorecards etc will be posted in this forum. All you need to do is keep coming back to check
    Thnx, That would be cool, No hassle .

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, do check out my speech for the captaincy. I am worth a thought

Debut
    Sep 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsha View Post
    Guys, do check out my speech for the captaincy. I am worth a thought
    Only you and saj001 have applied for captaincy, I thought Inswinger and shahrukh619 were excited to be captain for this league

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Give them time, the thread only went up today. I'm sure more applications will be coming over the next few days.

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will definitely be applying. Does it have to be formal like what Badsha did?

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Question: Are you the king rizzy from stick sports??

"It's more important to try to do something for the crores of poor people of my country." - IK

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inswinger View Post
    I will definitely be applying. Does it have to be formal like what Badsha did?
    Doesn't really have to be the way he did it, you can do it in your own unique way. As long as it's informative on why you should be captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Question: Are you the king rizzy from stick sports??
    Yes. And you are?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw PM Ihammad if he doesn't respond to the captaincy thread. I'm sure he also wants to lead a team

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Doesn't really have to be the way he did it, you can do it in your own unique way. As long as it's informative on why you should be captain.

Yes. And you are?
    I'm Jammy.

"It's more important to try to do something for the crores of poor people of my country." - IK

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many have joined till now?

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    Leeds
    Runs
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    See the signup thread in the cricket forum.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    I'm Jammy.
    No way. Jammy's not from Canada...

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    btw PM Ihammad if he doesn't respond to the captaincy thread. I'm sure he also wants to lead a team
    I'm present

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may jeopardize my chances (not one of my quality posts ) ...I have signed up and I have read everything available on PP but am still confused how this works ... a little summary for the 'not so wise' minds will be greatly appreciated!

Nation of heroes!

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Firstly we're getting together players to participate. We need to select captains. So, people are applying for captaincy at the moment. After that we'll have a vote to determine who will be captains. The number of captains will be dependent on the number of total sign ups we get (as we can decide the number of teams from the number of sign ups).

So, once the captains are selected, a draft will take place where captains will take it in turns to pick players to play on their team. Once the draft is finished, captains will give each of their players contracts ranging from A-E (A is the best, E is the worst). Each contract has a set bowling and batting average depending on your player type. Depending on your contract, these averages will be inserted into a simulator for each player. Matches will be simulated on the simulator and all you have to do is sit back, relax, follow and support your team and yourself and see how good you're doing. It will make more sense once the matches begin.

If you don't understand the concept now, you will slowly understand it once matches get underway, so you don't need to worry about or do anything.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    No way. Jammy's not from Canada...
    Yes I am... I use a fake country on Stick Sports.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You do realise you're not fooling me that easily, considering I have access to Jammy's IP add and it says he's from Bury.

Reveal yourself. I have a slight inkling on who you might be. Starting with O.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    848 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Who, Octavian?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No...who's he?

Anyway, we're going off topic here.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    Down To Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will everyone who registered get a chance?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's likely, considering it's the first season, that everyone will get picked.

Debut
    Oct 2011
    Venue
    Down To Earth
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's likely, considering it's the first season, that everyone will get picked.
    Oh ok Thanks!

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Libreville, Gabon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will the averages set be dynamic, that is say someone gets given a batting average of 40, but the simulator says they scored 23, 17 and 101*, averaging 70 over their first three innings, would the average the simulator is taking into account then become slightly higher than 40?

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nope, average in the simulator will remain as 40.

But the simulator collects stats and will produce your proper average, however for statistical purposes.

The average put into the simulator is like a baseline (or a guide) for the simulator.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many captains will be selected? Also does the captaincy only depend upon voting? If not, what else can come into account of becoming a captain?
    Last edited by Ahson Afzal; 3rd April 2012 at 09:47.

"I'm jealous of my parents. I'll never have a kid as cool as theirs"-Chris Gayle

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The number of captains selected will be based on the total number of players signed up. Once we know the total number of players, we will then know how many teams we've got.

Captaincy will depend solely on you. Yes there will be a vote, but it is your job to convince people to vote for you. It's a matter of how badly you want to be captain.

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the simulator collects stats and will produce your proper average, however for statistical purposes.

The average put into the simulator is like a baseline (or a guide) for the simulator.
    Maybe we can then update the averages every season with the real averages?

PPCL Season 2

Debut
    Mar 2007
    Venue
    The Eurasian Plate
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Previously we used to update the averages game by game and input them into the simulator as we went along. I'm guessing that was the wrong thing todo...oh well

Debut
    Oct 2010
    Venue
    Libreville, Gabon
    Runs
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iZeeshan View Post
    Maybe we can then update the averages every season with the real averages?
    yeah that sounds good.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will we get the captain, the one we voted for?

Is there still place to sign up?

Will the strategy discussion (team tactics) be wide open for everyone to see or just for team players?

Do we have to be online while simulator/match is going on software?

3WCs, #1 ODI team, IPL, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Debut
    Aug 2005
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ill leave that for rizzy to answer.

I think case that we don't get 5 more people although I think we will, what's the plan?

I think it should definitely be 8 one way or another, maybe one Pakistani domestic player per team, because each squad will be too heavy with benched players and not as fun for PPers.

PPCL Season 2

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Assassins Lair
    Runs
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketworm View Post
    Will we get the captain, the one we voted for?

Is there still place to sign up?

Will the strategy discussion (team tactics) be wide open for everyone to see or just for team players?

Do we have to be online while simulator/match is going on software?
    It's not guaranteed the captain you voted will be the one you get as votes will not be made public, just the number of votes (if that makes sense).

Yes, you can still sign up.

IT is recommended that captains make a team thread for their team where tactics and other team issues can be discussed, however, this is optional.

Nope, you don't have to be online whilst simulation is taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by iZeeshan View Post
    ^ill leave that for rizzy to answer.

I think case that we don't get 5 more people although I think we will, what's the plan?

I think it should definitely be 8 one way or another, maybe one Pakistani domestic player per team, because each squad will be too heavy with benched players and not as fun for PPers.
    Well, let's see about the 5 players. What I'm tempted to do is, start the draft even if we don't get the 5 players. I've decided that we're going for 8 teams. So sign ups will remain open even after the draft has started. Anyone who has signed up after the draft has started, will go into the post-draft. More info about the post-draft later. In that hope, we get the 5 sign ups we need. If we don't get the 5 sign ups, then I'll look at the Pakistani domestic players, but I'm hugely for it.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's we do get the 5 extra players then.

Playing with domestic players will take the fun out of the game.

If we can't find any players AT ALL then let's just make a few bots.

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit
    Last edited by Inswinger; 8th April 2012 at 17:33.

Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    Dusseldorf, Manchester, Lalaland, ZKD
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many of us are going to be selected?

8 Teams = 88 players?