Yuvraj's return to International Cricket - Countdown Thread [He is Back]

Thread: Yuvraj's return to International Cricket - Countdown Thread [He is Back]

Tags:
  1. freelance_cricketer said:

Yuvraj's return to International Cricket - Countdown Thread [He is Back]

Thrilled to see these images. I wish him a speedy recovery and return to Int Cricket. The countdown has begun.

Last edited by freelance_cricketer; 10th August 2012 at 15:21.

velu said:
    IIRC he will be back in 3 months.
    He is a must for our ODIs and T20s.

But looking at his size he spent his hospital days eating and boozing.
    Always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job Because he will find an easy way to do it.

Maher96 said:
    don't think he was boozing. but will be a terrific story if we see him back.
    'If you cant support us when we lose or draw then dont support us when we win"
    Bill Shankly

4. Sir_Afridi said:
    What a sorry picture. Baldness,pot belly and depressed look on his face....Cancer really messes up a person even if he is young and healthy....Yuvi wont play cricket again.

Desi_Joker said:
    Would be wonderful to see Yuvi back in the Indian side... although he will only be a shadow of the player he once was. Wish him a speedy recovery.
    Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again.

6. Statsman said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Afridi View Post
    What a sorry picture. Baldness,pot belly and depressed look on his face....Cancer really messes up a person even if he is young and healthy....Yuvi wont play cricket again.
    On what basis are you saying that? You're a doctor?

Secondly, he did not have a depressed look on his face.
    Last edited by Gotham Cronie; 27th April 2012 at 01:20.

leatherface58 said:
    yuvraj's cancer revelation makes watching his performance in 2011 world cup seem rather poignant. you have him playing such great innings and taking wickets but then you realise he is playing through immense pain and discomfort. still , he played and not only that he played awesomely.

so much for oldies saying youngsters these days only want the money and aint that patriotic no more.

8. Equinox said:
    No offence, but isn't chronic weight loss a cancer symptom? How did he manage to get so fat?

IndianWillow said:
    ^
    Yuvi would have experienced loss of weight in the form of loss of muscle mass and gained fat from lack of exercise/active life style during treatment/recuperation. So he gained some tummy but look at his leaner forearms and arms.
    "This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

10. PakPrince said:
    he looks like the Brazilian Ronaldo lol! esp with the extra weight and baldness!

But Yuvi is a champ. And he will come back!

11. cricketloverindia said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Statsman View Post
    On what basis are you saying that? You're a doctor?

Secondly, he did not have a depressed look on his face.
    You never know, he could be a doctor, after all he has the knighthood.

Cricketismylife said:
    I just hope he takes appropriate time to recover and not try to go super crazy right away. Lot of pressure on him by Media/ fans/ contracts - Ipl/sponsors etc (soccer mom factor too.)

Any type of cancer treatment is a big deal- he still is young enough to recover in good time and still play cricket.

Good luck to him.

IgnitedMind said:
    Good luck Yuvi. You are a national hero...

Even if he does not play cricket anymore...he will be ending his career as an Indian legend...and a one of best limited overs cricketer!!!!

To think he gave WC performance with this..is just awesome. I still remember dhoni saying in one of the press interviews that Yuvi was regularly vomiting and had breathing,sleeping problem..and he thought it was due to stress players are putting themselves into to win ....

Random Aussie said:
    Great to see the YUVI on the comeback trail.

No matter what he is a legend of India for the WC performance.

All the best to him

hefaith said:
    Wish him the best of luck. Yuvi without hair........... my life seems to be turning upside down
    Michael Jordan always wore his Carolina shorts under his Bulls' uniform.

16. amjad145 said:
    i dont think he will make it back to the indian team, they have much better alternatives to uvi.

we know his record on fast bouncy tracks

cricketworm said:
    The drugs he was taking have some serious side effects esp to lung itself (where he had tumor there on first place). I just hope his lungs recover. If that happens, he is surely playing cricket again. If not international, then will be happy to see him playing IPL.
    3WCs, #1 Test #1 ODI team, Fab 9: Sachin, Dravid, Saurav, Kumble, VVS, Viru, Zak, MSD, Yuvi

Shaheerthe2nd said:
    To be honest, I couldn't even recognize him!

Hope he recovers he well and isn't rushed into the national side!
    Last man standing

19. adwords said:
    great gesture by sahara pune subrato roy, they paying yuvraj $1.8 million (about Rs 9 crores) this IPL5 season even if hes not playing

20. kamran_uk said:
    I was so happy to see him back. Hope he recovers to the fullest soon and make a come back as he is one of ma most favorite player :-) gd luck bro

JibranAnsari said:
    Cheti aaja sardara ..broad missing you
    It is either a heartache or a headache ..Argh relationships.

22. mawarid said:
    The main thing is that he recovers fully, he has his whole life in front of him. Cricket and everything else comes second.

23. Go_Bangladesh said:
    For me he has to recover. Most athlete who suffered from cancer are very motivated to come back. Furthermore, Yuvraj is a fantastic cricketer, especially in limited overs cricket. A superb middle order batsman who nowadays bowls very good aswell, essentially he is a world class all rounder. I feel India NEED him back to improve their team further. As no one in his position can match his contribution with bat, ball and even fielding.

jeetu said:
    It won't be easy for Yuvi to get match fitness after what he went through.

25. freelance_cricketer said:
    Nice watch btw.

mastermind_quad said:
    Thanks F_C for this thread.....

Wishing UV a very speedy and complete recovery.

mastermind_quad said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Afridi View Post
    Lolz...

And you wont post again Sirji....

If you able to post again then I am sure UV can play again ....!!!

Express Pace said:
    Hopefully his recovery goes well and he is back playing the game soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59uoiXf9I7U
    'Mess with a bull, you get the horns'

Smiling Creed said:
    Chak de phatte...thok de gilli.....subah jalandhar, shaam ko dilli !!!!

Come back soon fighter......cricket needs u.

30. freelance_cricketer said:

kingusama92 said:
    Hope he comes back.

True clutch player. Steel nerves.
    May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Zaz said:
    Wish him the best in his recovery and hope to see him playing again!
    If pakistan cricket is to move forward they need to stop going back

33. freelance_cricketer said:
    Looks in much better condition now. Fingers crossed.

34. freelance_cricketer said:

35. Lethalweapon said:
    [QUOTE=freelance_cricketer;
    Yuvraj and Kaif!!
    I remember when I used to follow SA , Klusener's career ended abruptly , I wondered who would replace him.
    Then came these two, some of their innings reminded me of Klusener's finishing. Yuvraj did match Klusener quite a bit.(even that 99 choke, in WI India lost a close low scoring match when Yuvraj was the last man out) Similar records in most countries as well.

Cricfan4eva said:
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Woah, he's gotten into shape quickly. Looks like he is eager to get back on the field.

37. freelance_cricketer said:
    It's all genetic. The guy's built like a tank.

38. freelance_cricketer said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalweapon View Post
    Yuvraj and Kaif!!
    I remember when I used to follow SA , Klusener's career ended abruptly , I wondered who would replace him.
    Then came these two, some of their innings reminded me of Klusener's finishing. Yuvraj did match Klusener quite a bit.(even that 99 choke, in WI India lost a close low scoring match when Yuvraj was the last man out) Similar records in most countries as well.
    He has gone past Klusner. One of the best ODI batsmen of last decade.

IndianWillow said:
    Superb athlete.
    "This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

40. amlafan79 said:
    only he can get rid of jaddu
    plz come back

41. freelance_cricketer said:
    Murali has to be the most unfashionable guy in cricket.

42. Spiderguy252 said:
    Harry Potter looks quite lonely there!

IgnitedMind said:

Yuvraj Singh is at the NCA training with Ishant...

44. Lethalweapon said:
    He has gone past Klusner. One of the best ODI batsmen of last decade.
    I agree.

45. freelance_cricketer said:
    He looks like Drake !

Come on UV, work hard bro. Watch Rocky every night.

46. wizard_85 said:
    NEW DELHI: Here's some good news for Yuvraj Singh fans. The 2011 World Cup's 'player of the tournament' is likely to return to the cricket field very soon as the latest CT scan of his chest has revealed that the 'scarring tissue' close to his lungs is almost gone.

According to sources close to the cricketer, the scan report came on Monday morning and the entire family is elated with the news.

The last CT scan on Yuvraj was conducted by Dr Ion Horn three months ago in the US and the recent scan shows considerable improvement.

Yuvraj spent around five days at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore last week, where his fitness was assessed by the medical team of the cricket board. He is expected to rejoin the NCA for more fitness drills.

Most importantly, he has already started batting and even took part in a four-an-over match against Ishant Sharma, who is also going through fitness drills at the NCA after his ankle surgery.

Sources said that Yuvraj batted and bowled in this short match and even smashed seven sixes against Ishant's bowling. "This was the first match Yuvraj was playing after his treatment. He is feeling better now and will be fit to play for India soon," sources said.

It was also revealed that Yuvraj has been regular with his yoga sessions and is also working hard at the gym. "He is nearing full fitness and should be ready for the grind in a month's time," the

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/13827437.cms

47. freelance_cricketer said:
    Most importantly, he has already started batting and even took part in a four-an-over match against Ishant Sharma, who is also going through fitness drills at the NCA after his ankle surgery.

Sources said that Yuvraj batted and bowled in this short match and even smashed seven sixes against Ishant's bowling. "This was the first match Yuvraj was playing after his treatment. He is feeling better now and will be fit to play for India soon," sources said.

Great

Cricfan4eva said:
    Would be a terrific addition if he could make it to t20 world cup. At the same time hope he doesn't rush it, should be fully fit and fine first.

Sherlock said:
    Good luck to Yuvi. I seriously hope he does well and stays healthy, God willing.
    "When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

50. Lethalweapon said:
    Great
    What is great? his batting or Ishant getting butchered? 'lambu' is a poor bowler in shorter formats, mind you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricfan4eva View Post
    Would be a terrific addition if he could make it to t20 world cup. At the same time hope he doesn't rush it, should be fully fit and fine first.
    SLPL might me a decent start for him, I think.
    btw, who will you pick from a Yuvi or Jadeja, if Yuvi only plays T20s for next 3 months till WT20?

velu said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethalweapon View Post
    What is great? his batting or Ishant getting butchered? 'lambu' is a poor bowler in shorter formats, mind you.
    as if lambu is good in tests

SLPL might me a decent start for him, I think.
    btw, who will you pick from a Yuvi or Jadeja, if Yuvi only plays T20s for next 3 months till WT20?
    one eyed UV might do better than saar jaddu :******:
    Always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job Because he will find an easy way to do it.

52. ahamedirshad123 said:
    Yuvraj likely to play in Ranji pre-season tournaments

New Delhi: Yuvraj Singh, who has been recovering well after his cancer treatment, is eyeing to play in some of the pre-season tournaments like Moin-Ud Dowla Gold Cup and Buchi Babu Trophy later this year before making a comeback into first-class cricket.

"Yuvi's scan report shows that he is nearing complete recovery. For the first two years, the blood tests and scan needs to be done every three months. In the next three years, it will be every five months. He is a little bit weak but his rehab programme at the NCA is going pretty well," one of Yuvi's close friends said on conditions of anonymity.

Asked about his return to competitive cricket, the source said, "It's difficult to pinpoint a particular date. He might just like to check himself out by playing in one of the Hot Weather tournaments in and around Delhi. But he will definitely play in the Ranji preparatory tournaments down south like the Buchi Babu Trophy or Moin-Ud Dowla Gold Cup."

The 30-year-old left-handed batsman seemed to be in good frame of mind if his tweets are to go by.

"Good day today Got my blood report and scan report !! I'm in good condition !! I'm so happy to lead a normal healthy life time to celebrate," Yuvraj had tweeted on Monday.

He said he played a short tennis-ball cricket with teammate Ishant Sharma who is also undergoing his rehabilitation programme at the NCA.

"Me and ishant playd a 4 over tennis bal match He hit me for 6 sixes but I won the game by hitting the 7th six of his last bal Hard luk ishi," Yuvraj had tweeted on June 1.

Times of India

IgnitedMind said:
    T20 World Cup is the Target -- Yuvraj Singh

Yuvraj Singh, the Indian batsman who is recovering from treatment for cancer, has begun training at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) in Bangalore. Although he said he did not want to rush his comeback, Yuvraj was hopeful of making the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka in September.

"I will be in [the] NCA for a while now. I want to come back and play for India, that's my goal. It's not very easy on the body. I have gone through a lot and my body has gone through a lot of shock," Yuvraj said. "People are expecting me to come back very quickly, but I don't want to rush. I will have to take my time and come back 100% fit.

"[I'm] feeling good. My body will become stronger stage by stage. Twenty20 world cup is my target. Hopefully I can be ready little before that." Yuvraj hoped he could play in some domestic tournaments as part of his comeback attempt.

Yuvraj was diagnosed with a type of cancer called "mediastinal seminoma", a germ-cell tumour located between his two lungs, in February. He underwent three sessions of chemotherapy in Indianapolis, at the IU Simon Cancer Centre at the Indiana University Medical Centre. He finished the last cycle of chemotherapy in mid-March, and his response had left his medical team "fairly confident" that he would not suffer a relapse.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ry/570009.html

one more six sixers is the waiting....

54. freelance_cricketer said:
    So good to know, good luck UV. Chakk de phatte

55. talha3 said:
    Tough target. Only 3 months to go and he hasn't played any competitive cricket.

56. freelance_cricketer said:
    UFC like work ethic required. Might as well go to America and get trained there by professional trainers. He's got the money. Those guys can really help big time if of course you do what they say.
    Last edited by freelance_cricketer; 26th June 2012 at 06:44.

amit said:
    yuvraj should go to england and look to play some club matches there to get fit

58. pun500 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by talha3 View Post
    Tough target. Only 3 months to go and he hasn't played any competitive cricket.
    even a half fit yuvraj is more than a handful a t20 tournament esp the when its the world t20.
    his 1-2 overs are ok, he is a reasonable catcher and boy can he bang it out even when unfit i would back him more than raina.

but the biggest factor is yuvis tourney success. When he fires he fires through the entire tourney making him virtually unstoppable.

Plus he has been a big factor in our 2 world cup wins

59. amlafan79 said:
    i odnt care abt this t20 world cup.. w/o match practice i dont think he will be in reasonable form or fitness to perform there
    but good sign is if he himself thinks it owuld take him only 3 months then def he is gonna make come back to international cricket at first i thought this would the end of yuvraj the cricketer..
    i wish him good health and good luck for come back we need u back in team yuvi !

Sidcricfan said:
    We need him badly for the T20 world cup. With his inclusion, our team will be strengthened not only in batting dept. but also in bowling, which is the weakest and also fielding.

MS Dhoni - Greatest Captain ever

Saurav said:
    should surely select him if he gets even 90% fit n hasnt played a game.

we need to get Jaddu out

velu said:
    if uv is not playing , then most probably sir jaddu might play :******:

63. Bullet Drive said:
    Yuvraj is critical to India's chances for the 2012 world cup. He's got the X-factor and both world cups India have won, he has been the main player.

He adds so much to the team with his big hitting, his economical bowling and then his spectacular fielding.

For some reason I don't like him as a person but as a cricketer he's amazing. Shows immense passion for the game and he's a fighter.

LegendAli said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Drive View Post
    Yuvraj is critical to India's chances for the 2012 world cup. He's got the X-factor and both world cups India have won, he has been the main player.

He adds so much to the team with his big hitting, his economical bowling and then his spectacular fielding.

For some reason I don't like him as a person but as a cricketer he's amazing. Shows immense passion for the game and he's a fighter.
    why don't u like him as a person? im really curious, what bad has he caused?

zulfiqar said:
    Yuvraj took over my most fav Indian cricketer from ganguly when he hit that crucial knock vs England in natwest a long long time ago (kaif was mom I think) he's still my fav Indian cricketer today. Hope he comes back
    Last edited by zulfiqar; 28th June 2012 at 02:27.

zulfiqar said:
    I just have a liking for left handed bats since Anwar. All my fav bats have been lefty (being a righty myself).. Anwar. Yuvi, ganguly, gilchrist

67. freelance_cricketer said:
    Enjoy this Yuvraj special

Was a flat pitch but it was one of the best exhibitions of ODI batsmanship. Absolutely destroyed England with his dazzling stroke play
    Last edited by freelance_cricketer; 28th June 2012 at 04:21.

68. Lethalweapon said:

Was a flat pitch but it was one of the best exhibitions of ODI batsmanship. Absolutely destroyed England with his dazzling stroke play
    You should post the 138 in Aus in 2003-04 VB series. OR his debut innings in Kenya OR his 3 tons in tests vs Pak. (instead of that innings)

velu said:

after this match , england commies started whining abt how england captain allowed uv to use a runner

Saurav said:
    his most important innings,love the celebration in the end

Saurav said:
    Quote Originally Posted by velu View Post
    after this match , england commies started whining abt how england captain allowed uv to use a runner
    how did that matter.he was dealing in boundaries anyway

72. freelance_cricketer said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Saurav View Post
    his most important innings,love the celebration in the end

Our best match of the tourney, very crucial knock from Yuvraj.

leatherface58 said:
    i think his 67 vs West indies at Lord's in t20 world cup 2009 was awesome.also featured a stunning helicopter six that was extremely great to watch. one of my favorite odi cricketers

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2
    2 possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are terrifying.

Saurav said:
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post
    i think his 67 vs West indies at Lord's in t20 world cup 2009 was awesome.also featured a stunning helicopter six that was extremely great to watch. one of my favorite odi cricketers

helicopter shot?lemme look for a video

75. freelance_cricketer said:
    Quite good at clubbing, a career in golf after Cricket

velu said:
    Quite good at clubbing, a career in golf after Cricket
    all r proper cricket shots f_c

77. freelance_cricketer said:
    Of course, all his strokes are breathtaking.

Cricfan4eva said:
    Especially that 138 was with back injury iirc. And he scored back to back tons, smashing the likes of flintoff like club bowlers.

dani2k said:
    Quote Originally Posted by leatherface58 View Post

I remember that shot . Crunching a yorker over midwicket for a flat six...whoa! That is talent fo you..
    Win or lose - it is Team INDIA I choose...

IgnitedMind said:
    Yuvraj Singh, having battled a rare germ-cell cancer called mediastinal seminoma for the last six months, is seeking fitness and redemption, and believes T20 will be an ideal format for him to explore his return to competitive cricket.

The World Twenty20 has been marked down by many as the event that will signal his comeback, but on Friday, Yuvraj said he ideally wanted to be completely ready in time for two T20 internationals against New Zealand scheduled for Visakhapatnam on September 8 and Chennai on September 11.

"It's important for me to play a little bit of cricket before I play the T20 World Cup. I should be ready enough to play in those two games. I want to be ready 15-20 days in advance so I can push really hard in the T20 World Cup."

He said he thought he had a "95 to 100%" chance of making it back in time for the World Twenty20 and the bigger event happened to be a "realistic" target. "I'm not going to come back 90% fit or 80% fit. If I feel I am 100% fit then I am going to go into the field… I am recovering really well, getting a lot of strength, my cardio sessions have been good. [If I] keep doing those repetitions, I think my body will recover faster."

The post-cancer routines, he said, had not varied greatly. "There's nothing different to it, it's just that I have to build on everything altogether. So T20 would be a great start for me because you're playing 20 overs. Then you play 50 overs. Once you have that feel of international cricket, you'll be fine to play all other formats." It is why he believed setting out for T20 would be an "ideal start" for him in international cricket.

Yuvraj was speaking at his academy, the Yuvraj Singh Centre of Excellence, at the Pathways School near Gurgaon, Delhi, on Friday, the day before the launch of a cancer initiative called YouWeCan. It was here that he made his first public appearance after returning from chemotherapy in the US in April. The man in the room this week was significantly altered from the bald, slightly hesitant and almost unrecognisable figure who wore sunglasses indoors to deal with the glare of camera lights.

The two months between then and now, Yuvraj said, had been spent recovering from his chemotherapy, taking a vacation with friends, and most recently his first nets session in six months. While he did make a brief appearance during the IPL in Pune, the return to nets at the NCA in Bangalore has given him energy, direction and optimism, he said.

The transformation from being in a wheelchair during his final cycle of chemotherapy in Indianapolis and three months later walking into the NCA nets or sprinting, up to what he called 90% of capacity, was, he said, an experience hard to "explain in words". Yuvraj called the NCA nets "stepping stones for me to come back". He said he had been anxious when he went into the nets for the first time. "It was special for me, but I was a bit nervous, my feet weren't moving great, but just moving, just being in the nets, was just a great feeling."

He learnt to inject himself with a blood-thinner ever day for three months in order to deal with the post-chemo blood clots, and to accept the effects of his treatment as necessary elements of a painful route to a recovery

According to his own assessment, Yuvraj thought of himself as about halfway ready then, admitting his recovery was "more of a mental battle". For the better part, though, muscle memory had kicked in when he faced net bowling for the first time in six months. "As a cricketer your natural instincts are still the same. I was hitting the ball perfectly, I was catching the ball perfectly, I was bowling perfectly. It didn't look like I've been out of sorts. It just looked like I need more time to spend on the field in the nets. It didn't look like my bat is coming from somewhere else. Yes, my feet weren't moving that great. I was struggling to go towards the ball, but my hand-eye coordination was the same."

At the moment, he is trying to spend a total of five to six hours - though not at a stretch - on conditioning work. One of the first shocks for his body to recover from was an initial reaction to the leather ball after three to four months spent in bed, struggling to walk or breathe like normal. "Yes, I was a bit scared of the leather ball. When I was watching the IPL - guys catching, somebody hitting the ball - I would get scared. My body was under a lot of shock, just getting over that shock is coming slowly."

Instincts and muscle memory can kick in quickly for any athlete, Yuvraj said, but anxiety would only go away over a period of time, "The leather ball hitting you… that feeling has to go away, because eventually you have to go to international cricket and play at the pace of 145-150kph, so you want to be as confident as ever when you go back. You have to get that routine in, you have to spend hours and hours. You have to spend extra time on your body."

He said that the cancer treatment had "completely broken" his body and dealing with the load of an exercise regime for the first two weeks and the muscular pain was hard. "My body hurts a lot, but after two weeks I've seen the results, it's started to get better. A lot of strength has been gained. My body has not gone through a ligament tear or a hamstring pull. It will take its own time to come back."

Yuvraj was, he said, positive that the next two months would find him in far better physical condition. He said he felt comfortable batting, bowling, fielding and sprinting in short bursts. [B]"If I can do five rounds [of a cricket ground] at a stretch, that means I am fit. At the moment I am not able to do do that. Cardio-vascularly my lung capacity has gone down after chemotherapy."[/B]

Yuvraj spent more than two months in Indianapolis, being treated at the IU Simon Cancer Center, where dealing with the after-effects of chemotherapy meant getting used to the loss of hair and appetite and "bad mood swings". He learnt to inject himself with a blood-thinner ever day for three months in order to deal with the post-chemo blood clots, and to accept the effects of his treatment as necessary elements of a painful route to a recovery.

"You can't keep the food inside, and it is the same for everyone who has chemotherapy. You smell the food but you can't taste it… in four-five days your taste comes back. These are normal symptoms. It is important for people to understand that it is you who has to take the initiative for getting better."

The YouWeCan initiative was, he said, targeted at all kinds of cancers. "If we can work on detection and stigma, the percentage of people dying of cancer can come down. It can make a huge difference."

Cancer, he said, had made him a more grounded, organised and disciplined person. "I am trying to be more disciplined in my eating, in my sleeping times, in who I want to meet and who I don't want to meet.

"Am I more organised? My room is still dirty. I still throw my clothes." He said he had begun to pray every day, "which earlier I used to struggle with".

The disease, he said, had made him appreciate the small things. He laughed about grabbing a bite to eat before talking to reporters, "I love every meal now. I just ate a samosa. I had struggled to breathe, so breathing fresh air is a great thing for me."

Yuvraj said he did not think of himself as someone who was going to give up on the demands of cricket. "I'm not a person who is going to say bas [enough]. I'm just going to live a normal life and I want to get back on the field, because I want to see how much my body can take. This phase has made me very strong and I am sure this strength will take me back on the field."

Yet, Yuvraj believed, the "motive" in his life had changed. "I am not going to be worried too much about my performances. I am just going to be happy that I am coming back on the field and play for India again.

"Yes, I have to excel in Test cricket - if it happens, it happens, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. One-day cricket or T20, I would just love to come back and play for India and I would just be happy, trust me. It's a huge thing from where I was and where I am going to be."
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...ry/571420.html