Instagram

Sohail Speaks Ponty''s Blog Fountain's Pen

User Tag List

Thread: Florida can be the next home of Pakistan Cricket Team

Results 1 to 40 of 40
  1. #1
    Debut
    Jul 2011
    Venue
    Dusseldorf, Manchester, Lalaland, ZKD
    Runs
    5,786
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Florida can be the next home of Pakistan Cricket Team

    The United States of America Cricket Association has extended its support to the Pakistan Cricket Board by offering them the option to host international series in Florida. “USCA is capable of hosting Pakistan in USA and we can explore avenues in staging Pakistan home series one-day or T20 matches in USA as international cricket is at a deadlock at the moment in Pakistan,” said Nabeel Ahmed, the board’s newly-elected Chief Executive Officer. “USCA is expecting same cooperation from the PCB to consider play in Florida. We would love to see a triangular series between India, Pakistan and West Indies.”

    “We have an ICC certified stadium in Florida which can host day and night matches,” he said, adding that New Zealand and the West Indies were due to play a 2-match T20 series at the venue later this year in June.

    The PCB has been forced to host home series in neutral venues such as the UAE after a terrorist attack on the visiting Sri Lankan team in 2009 (which left a number of players injured and several civilians dead) raised security concerns about the country, with foreign teams deeming it too unsafe to tour.

    Since then, the country has been undergoing a drought of international cricket, and the PCB has been occupied with efforts to invite foreign teams to tour Pakistan.

    The board managed to convince a British Universities team to tour the country earlier this year, but their efforts to engage Bangladesh for a series this month did not produce any results. The Bangladesh Cricket Board’s hesitation caused the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA) to speak out against the event, leading the Dhaka High Court to issue a suspension of the tour, which was eventually cancelled.

    However, while things continue to look unpromising on the home front, the PCB has been involved in arranging series in neutral venues. The Men In Green recently played against England in the UAE earlier this year, and another upcoming series against Australia is scheduled to be held in Sri Lanka. Hosting a series in the United States could be a viable option not only for Pakistan, but could also aid in the development of cricket in the US.

  2. #2
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    361
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's as far from home as it could possibly get for Pakistan.

  3. #3
    Debut
    Jun 2008
    Runs
    10,262
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Salaam.

    Florida is an awesome place!
    Would love some cricket there in December/January


    Pakistan Zindabad!

  4. #4
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Mars
    Runs
    511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see that the Pakistani Cricket Team is stateless and changing homes like gypsies.

  5. #5
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    4,796
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From UAE to Sri Lanka to.....Florida. Wow Pakistan sure has a lot of homes!


    "I tried to count the stars while in bed. To keep the thoughts of monsters from my head."

  6. #6
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    20,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing Dubai or Sri Lanka is the best option as they are closer . Remember the team already thinks they have to travel way more than other teams and it takes a bit of a toll on them .

  7. #7
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,188
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Too far.


    #StayVicious

  8. #8
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Germany
    Runs
    11,485
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pakistan team ka nam badal kar Khana Badosho ka Kafla na rakh dain.


    PPCL '14
    Right Handed Batsman of the Dhamakedar Dynamites

  9. #9
    Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    20,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhump View Post
    Pakistan team ka nam badal kar Khana Badosho ka Kafla na rakh dain.

  10. #10
    Debut
    Jan 2010
    Venue
    Connecticut USA
    Runs
    3,279
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any source?

  11. #11
    Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't new zealand and Sri Lanka play there previously?

  12. #12
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    1,577
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I can actaully go watch some of the matches then

  13. #13
    Debut
    May 2010
    Runs
    8,002
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell no. A worse option than Nepal.

  14. #14
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    3,918
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    some joke

  15. #15
    Debut
    Mar 2007
    Runs
    242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only about 4 of the Pakistani cricketers would be appointed visa for US.

  16. #16
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    7,834
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aneeq7 View Post
    The United States of America Cricket Association has extended its support to the Pakistan Cricket Board by offering them the option to host international series in Florida. “USCA is capable of hosting Pakistan in USA and we can explore avenues in staging Pakistan home series one-day or T20 matches in USA as international cricket is at a deadlock at the moment in Pakistan,” said Nabeel Ahmed, the board’s newly-elected Chief Executive Officer. “USCA is expecting same cooperation from the PCB to consider play in Florida. We would love to see a triangular series between India, Pakistan and West Indies.”

    “We have an ICC certified stadium in Florida which can host day and night matches,” he said, adding that New Zealand and the West Indies were due to play a 2-match T20 series at the venue later this year in June.

    The PCB has been forced to host home series in neutral venues such as the UAE after a terrorist attack on the visiting Sri Lankan team in 2009 (which left a number of players injured and several civilians dead) raised security concerns about the country, with foreign teams deeming it too unsafe to tour.

    Since then, the country has been undergoing a drought of international cricket, and the PCB has been occupied with efforts to invite foreign teams to tour Pakistan.

    The board managed to convince a British Universities team to tour the country earlier this year, but their efforts to engage Bangladesh for a series this month did not produce any results. The Bangladesh Cricket Board’s hesitation caused the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations (FICA) to speak out against the event, leading the Dhaka High Court to issue a suspension of the tour, which was eventually cancelled.

    However, while things continue to look unpromising on the home front, the PCB has been involved in arranging series in neutral venues. The Men In Green recently played against England in the UAE earlier this year, and another upcoming series against Australia is scheduled to be held in Sri Lanka. Hosting a series in the United States could be a viable option not only for Pakistan, but could also aid in the development of cricket in the US.
    Don't think we need Florida as a home as we're doing fine in the UAE but if this tri-series could be staged it would be absolutely awesome


    "I'm jealous of my parents. I'll never have a kid as cool as theirs"-Chris Gayle

  17. #17
    Debut
    Mar 2010
    Runs
    14,769
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    american soil is not home for pakistan



  18. #18
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Bolton
    Runs
    267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The COSTS is the main factor !!!
    The AUDIENCE is another factor !!

    and will other teams visit there to play their matches bearing the costs and profits they make out of the series ??

    Pakistan could play AFGHANISTAN, ZIMBABWE, WEST INDIES THERE WITH LIMITED OVER GAMES, BUT
    WOULD THEY RATHER PLAY IN THEIR OWN YARD AGAINST TEAMS LIKE THAT


    IMAAN SE KEYLO !!

  19. #19
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    1,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe they are hoping the millions of Indians in USA will turn up to cheer for the other teams ?

  20. #20
    Debut
    Sep 2008
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    3,856
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please no. Their stadiums are probably worse than those in Canada.

    If they are not approved for test matches, we should not play ODIs on them either. Plus, the time difference will frustrate people in Pakistan.

    What's wrong with the UAE? The pitches give us a considerable advantage, the time difference isn't that bad. I guess the only problem is that we can't play there in the summer, but that's fine I think.


    My favourite cricket websites:

    PakPassion

  21. #21
    Debut
    Mar 2006
    Venue
    Orlando, FL
    Runs
    24,121
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matches in FL will be great!

  22. #22
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    DEVILs BASEMENT
    Runs
    8,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what FL city is the ground in??????//

    i live 40 miles from FL border line

    edit: its in Lauderhill, FL





    4-5 hours drive from here
    Last edited by LethalSami; 30th April 2012 at 02:57.

  23. #23
    Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    14,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no thx... dubai is better


    The things you take for granted,Someone else is praying for !!!

  24. #24
    Debut
    Nov 2007
    Venue
    philadelphia
    Runs
    1,675
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can't host themselves, but yeah they will host Pakistan very good. USA cricket is all talk and no action. I think their board is even worse than PCB lol


    Imran Khan - Real king khan to lead Pakistan to glory

  25. #25
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Karachi for life!
    Runs
    6,811
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol nobody will show up

    most Pakistani Americans dont have enough interest in the game to actually spend a whole day watching it live

  26. #26
    Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    14,188
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPrince View Post
    lol nobody will show up

    most Pakistani Americans dont have enough interest in the game to actually spend a whole day watching it live
    Can't agree with that buddy. Ex-Pat Pakistani's are still very passionate about Pakistan, especially cricket. The US holds a major Pakistani setup in cities like Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Georgia, New Jersey. If people come to know about Pakistan playing there, depending on the opponent, I'm very sure people will fly in from even as far as Canada. I'd bet my life on sold out T20 games atleast, not so much for the tests though, i agree


    #StayVicious

  27. #27
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    DEVILs BASEMENT
    Runs
    8,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^u sure Pakistanis will leave their taxis, gas-stations and other businesses for a T20??

  28. #28
    Debut
    Jan 2011
    Venue
    Karachi for life!
    Runs
    6,811
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalSami View Post
    ^^u sure Pakistanis will leave their taxis, gas-stations and other businesses for a T20??
    in USA Pakistanis usually work in are largely educated. so they dont do these jobs

    those jobs are mostly for the British Pakistanis.. not that theres anything wrong with that. its an honest living. much better thn the drug culture and benefits

  29. #29
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    DEVILs BASEMENT
    Runs
    8,668
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i live here..........i know what majority do

    nothing wrong with owning gas-stations or other businesses..

    most of those in 40's came here from Pak to work...

    now the younger generations are educating themselves and we're seeing the fruits of that with with some youngsta beauties in other fields

  30. #30
    Debut
    Jan 2006
    Runs
    1,601
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalSami View Post
    ^^u sure Pakistanis will leave their taxis, gas-stations and other businesses for a T20??
    What kind of stupid generalization is that?

  31. #31
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    4,796
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluffmasterv2 View Post
    What kind of stupid generalization is that?
    He's kinda right, a lot of Pakistanis do low-end jobs over there. Sure there are a lot of Pakistani doctors and higher-ups as well, but no harm in admitting the New York taxi driver job has more Pakistanis than any other job.


    "I tried to count the stars while in bed. To keep the thoughts of monsters from my head."

  32. #32
    Debut
    Dec 2011
    Venue
    Manchester
    Runs
    1,410
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is turning into a joke.

    Just stick to UAE. It's worked well. Especially in terms of support and TV viewing times for both in Pakistan and UK.

  33. #33
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    11,328
    Mentioned
    1803 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    home in total alien conditions? what sorcery is this?

    At least UAE and Sri Lanka have pitches which are somewhat similar to those in Pak and also the weather conditions!!


    Sab PP behno ka chota bhai... Pakistani_Legend Bhai, Pakistani_Legend Bhai

  34. #34
    Debut
    Oct 2009
    Runs
    312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This stadium is 10 mins from my home and I played the ground next to it many times. The main stadium pitch is very slow and low bounce. I went there for Sri lanka vs New Zeland game. It's a beautiful facility, not that big for enough for Florida crowd. I won't mind Pakistan playing here.

  35. #35
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    1,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What on earth are the USA pitches/conditions like ?

    Florida is humid with beaches & swamps right ? So swinging & seaming ? Bounce ?

  36. #36
    Debut
    Feb 2012
    Runs
    1,045
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by munna_ View Post
    home in total alien conditions? what sorcery is this?

    At least UAE and Sri Lanka have pitches which are somewhat similar to those in Pak and also the weather conditions!!
    haha ; Your alien conditions pointtt left me in stitches.

    America is not a safe place to play as every now and then you see UFO's sighting over there

    I prefer UAE is much better choice and price as not many Pakistanis over there would show up, talking about America.

    and Yeah it's way too far. though some of our players won't mind playing over there
    Last edited by DRS; 30th April 2012 at 14:34.

  37. #37
    Debut
    Feb 2007
    Runs
    1,858
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you imagine the grief Pakistanis would get at Imigration . NO THANKS !!

  38. #38
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    7,572
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a joke. Please no...

  39. #39
    Debut
    Mar 2011
    Venue
    An inswinging Yorker.
    Runs
    7,572
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PakPrince View Post
    in USA Pakistanis usually work in are largely educated. so they dont do these jobs

    those jobs are mostly for the British Pakistanis.. not that theres anything wrong with that. its an honest living. much better thn the drug culture and benefits
    Yeah. I agree with this.

  40. #40
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    14,427
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next time on 'A Pakistani Place in the Sun', the PCB consider Ghana, Sierra Leone and Peru as possible 'home' venues.

    Seriously, the UAE and Sri Lanka are the best options right now. Less travel time and familiar conditions.


    Alan Wilkins: Kamran Akmal, as quick as a cobra !

    Kami then proceeds to miss two stumpings...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

:: Cricket-Blog:: wasimakramlive.com:: Sri Lanka Cricket News:: Bouncer Sports:: Cricket Heroes::