Jan 2017
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone seen Kahaani 2 ? I loved the first one , haven't been able to get the DVD for the second one

Debut
    Dec 2015
    Venue
    Karachi, NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AamchiMumbaikar View Post
    Time pass flick. Decent 1 time watch.

Alia and Varun are like Raveena and Govinda of 90's
    saw a few posts on fb mocking the movie lol

"Sarfraz is like oxygen for this team" - Misbah-ul-Haq

Debut
    May 2009
    Venue
    London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kahaani 2 was not great. Nothing compared to the first one.

Bardinath Ki Dulhania was actually kind of watchable. I went in with low expectations, and was better than I thought it would be.

Not totally ridiculous like some Bollywood films tend to be i.e. not a David Dhawan or Sajid Khan type movie which somehow people enjoy despite being stupid.

But a decent film. Badly crushing on Alia Bhatt though....

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Kochi, India
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedhk View Post
    Nope. Saw it when it came out. Yes, it is a remake but still a very fine movie. A must-watch.
    Even the Malayalam language original Drishyam (2013) , has the basic premise of the story very similar to a japanese film 'The Devotion of Suspect X' . But the Writer /Director Jeethu Joseph , had completely reworked the characters and setting in such a way that the "plagarism" allegations are tough to establish. Also the film works mainly because it is built around the typical Indian family structure. The closeness of the members and the extreme dedication of parent to their children's well being are all used expertly here.

The Hindi version was one of the shoddier remake attempts of the film, given that it was already remade in 3 other Indian languages by that time !..

Having a 30 year old Shriya Sharan play mother to a 16-year old was rather poor filmamking, given that there are many talented actresses of the appropriate age available (see how Amir Khan's wife was cast in Dangal)..

Also I don't get why the scene of the Boy dying is changed so as to make his death completely accidental, instead of the girl doing it voluntarily as it is in the original film ! Why can't filmmakers portray the woman as capable of a choice, where she could choose to hurt a man who was threatening to completely ruin her. This extreme adherence to the "Sathi savitri" image of Indian women that bollywood still choses to adhere to really dissapointed. It took away the moral dilemma over the remainder of the actions of the family and especially as that of the father ! . "Oh , we were just escaping from an unfortunate twist of fate.! He was just saving his family ! ". This overt purification of the hero's intentions reduced the quality of that film in my opinion. In the original story, the hero CHOOSES to do what he does, knowing fully well that he is doing wrong , to cover up the actions of his family ! .

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    Dynamic
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trailer of Bahubali 2 is out, I liked the first part very much -