May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just watched it,the best bollywood movie this year,Rajkumar,Pankaj and special mention to Raghubir Yadav whom I couldn't even recognise have done great work.

Best is the script and dialogues in the movie though,great job by Amit and Mayant.

In cricket, my superhero is Sachin Tendulkar. He has always been my hero.
    -Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @IgnitedMind hope you saw Newton, its almost like Satyakam of this generation, btw any idea on Mukti Bhavan,somehow i managed to miss that.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone watched Gentleman, hows that movie?

Planning to watch that movie.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianG00se View Post
    Has anyone watched Gentleman, hows that movie?

Planning to watch that movie.
    Dont watch.... waste of money....
    Newton,Trapped and Hindi medium would be my suggestions

SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

Debut
    Apr 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UN talkz View Post
    Trapped sucked , Hindi medium is awesome . Still waiting for NEWTON to be out on dvd

you really can't beat the game. If you earn anything, it's minus taxes. If you buy anything it's plus taxes.

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newton seem to be pretty cool movie. I need to see if its listed in cinemas here.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Birthday of the greatest director ever.

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

-Virat Kohli

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is the movie "A Wednesday" any good? It looks like an interesting thriller. It's got a good ratin on imdb but I don't trust imdb for Indian movies because desi audiences have awful taste

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    May 2015
    Venue
    The Capital Wasteland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Was garbage. Bollywood should stick to love stories and the occasional drama

Kuch to log kahenge
    Logon ka kaam hai kehna

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not a great year for Bollywood with only a few big grossers at the box office as well as just a few films being critically acclaimed.

Not a single film this year thus far that could strike the sweet spot between critical acclaim and box office. Padmavati could've been that film but we all know ...

Really good year for Akshay Kumar with Toilet and Jolly LLB 2 both crossing 100 cr and having a good word of mouth with the audience.

Debut
    Dec 2016
    Venue
    srinagar
    Runs
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh, who is riding high on the success of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmaavat, is now all set to play star cricketer Kapil Dev in Kabir Khan’s 83.

“It’s an honour to be a part of one of the most incredible sporting stories of our nation’s history, the 1983 cricket world cup. We have the honour of telling this story and mortalising this on celluloid. It is one of the most incredible underdog stories,” Ranveer said.

The Reliance Entertainment movie is being directed by Kabir Khan. Ranveer says “83 is a story of human triumph and I am very excited to work with Kabir Khan. Bajrangi Bhaijaan is one of my most favourite films of all time,” he said.

The actor, who is being appreciated for his portrayal of Alauddin Khilji in Padmaavat, is also excited about his upcoming projects which include Gully Boy and Simmba.

“My current slate is another opportunity to showcase my versatility and in collaboration with finest filmmakers in the country. So right now I am going through a very rich creative phase and I am feeling blessed,” he added.

83 follows how the Indian cricket team defeated West Indies in the final of the World Cup in 1983 under the newly-appointed captain Kapil Dev. It tracks the coming-of-age of not just a cricketing team, but of a young nation in the eyes of the world.

2018 seems to be the year of biopics with a biopic being released on Sanjay Dutt as well on Rani Laxmibai.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...upcoming-film/

SIR DONALD BRADMAN ------SORRY, BUT NO ONE LIKE HIM

Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to go watch Padmaavat tomorrow

Debut
    Apr 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate historicals. Just can’t stand them. Just wanna watch thriller or mindless action movies

Debut
    Sep 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it's time to update and revive this thread again

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dūr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The last bollywood film I watched was Dangal and found it quite decent.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Bangalore, India (Kochi native)
    Runs
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats going on with SRK these days ? Saw many troll posts showing that Salman, Aamir, Akshay and even Ranvir's films have done more than double the business of SRK's films in the past year.

Does the ageing Badshaah have any tricks up his sleeve ?

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyB View Post
    Whats going on with SRK these days ? Saw many troll posts showing that Salman, Aamir, Akshay and even Ranvir's films have done more than double the business of SRK's films in the past year.

Does the ageing Badshaah have any tricks up his sleeve ?
    He is not getting perfect movies that satisfies both masses and classes.
    Stardom wise srk,salman,amir are still ahead of any other Bollywood actors.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh, who is riding high on the success of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmaavat, is now all set to play star cricketer Kapil Dev in Kabir Khan’s 83.

“It’s an honour to be a part of one of the most incredible sporting stories of our nation’s history, the 1983 cricket world cup. We have the honour of telling this story and mortalising this on celluloid. It is one of the most incredible underdog stories,” Ranveer said.

The Reliance Entertainment movie is being directed by Kabir Khan. Ranveer says “83 is a story of human triumph and I am very excited to work with Kabir Khan. Bajrangi Bhaijaan is one of my most favourite films of all time,” he said.

The actor, who is being appreciated for his portrayal of Alauddin Khilji in Padmaavat, is also excited about his upcoming projects which include Gully Boy and Simmba.

“My current slate is another opportunity to showcase my versatility and in collaboration with finest filmmakers in the country. So right now I am going through a very rich creative phase and I am feeling blessed,” he added.

83 follows how the Indian cricket team defeated West Indies in the final of the World Cup in 1983 under the newly-appointed captain Kapil Dev. It tracks the coming-of-age of not just a cricketing team, but of a young nation in the eyes of the world.

2018 seems to be the year of biopics with a biopic being released on Sanjay Dutt as well on Rani Laxmibai.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/201...upcoming-film/
    Good choice as they do look a bit alike. At first I was not sure which one was Ranbir and which one was Ranvir but a quick google search laid my fears to rest.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    He is not getting perfect movies that satisfies both masses and classes.
    Stardom wise srk,salman,amir are still ahead of any other Bollywood actors.
    Nobody is convinced while watching him prance around with girls half his age anymore. he should probably go for age relevant meatier and more dramatic roles but I doubt he has the acting chops for that.

Debut
    May 2012
    Venue
    Barad-dūr
    Runs
    Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    SRK has always been a garbage actor. Those fake plastic expressions and stupid gestures could only take you so long.

Tazimi Sirdar

Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadBall View Post
    Nobody is convinced while watching him prance around with girls half his age anymore. he should probably go for age relevant meatier and more dramatic roles but I doubt he has the acting chops for that.
    to be fair in his last three movies he played characters not typical lover boy role and he is playing a dwarf in his next movie.
    Srk is directors actor.he is very expressive and has good voice quality.he may not be fit for every role but I think he is capable of portraying hard roles.
    he needs to do what he did During start of his career he did take risks played all different kind nagetive,grey shade,coming of age characters and succeed.

Debut
    Jan 2018
    Runs
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    to be fair in his last three movies he played characters not typical lover boy role and he is playing a dwarf in his next movie.
    Srk is directors actor.he is very expressive and has good voice quality.he may not be fit for every role but I think he is capable of portraying hard roles.
    he needs to do what he did During start of his career he did take risks played all different kind nagetive,grey shade,coming of age characters and succeed.
    All he did during the start of his career was play an overacting stalker with a speech impediment or an anti hero which was something . He did then use that to his benefit with some rom coms but now he his past his sell by date for that. He can sometimes act like by mistake like in some scenes from Veer Zara and My Name is Khan but he has the tendency to overdo it more often than not.

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    414 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TM Riddle View Post
    SRK has always been a garbage actor. Those fake plastic expressions and stupid gestures could only take you so long.
    Not true ,he is a very good actor who didn't improve his craft, he gave into stardom and went below his potential,if you see his movies from 90s he was experimenting quiet a bit and even in his interview with Rajeev Shukla in 1996 he stressed that he wants to do diff roles.

-Virat Kohli