Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)

FICA Threatens BCB With Legal Action/BCB Media Release

The following is an email that was received yesterday by the Bangladesh Cricket Board and has been obtained by PakPassion.net

The email was sent to the President of the Bangladesh Cricket Board, Mustafa Kamal by FICA Chief Executive Tim May.

Mr AHM Mustafa Kamal
    President
    Bangladesh Cricket Board

Dear Sir

I refer to your letter dated 12 April regarding the issue surrounding the security and safety of players re the proposed tour of Pakistan.

I note its contents.

Whilst we have a communication avenue open I wish to express, on behalf of the majority of players that recently participated in the Bangladesh Premier League, our continued disappointment that a large number of players, both foreign and local, still have not received their full entitlements from their franchises.

This is despite many failed promises from franchises to make the required payments and despite an official pronouncement from BCB that following a meeting conducted by BCB and yourself with franchises, foreign players will be paid all outstanding dues by 9 May and domestic players will be paid all outstanding dues by 31 May.

The continued broken promises and deadlines is causing great harm to the integrity of the franchises, the Bangladesh Premier League, the Bangladesh Cricket Board, and all of the officials within such organizations.

As you would be aware, the BCB is a party to the player contracts and has an obligation to guarantee player payments as detailed per the relevant player contract extracts below :-

13. WARRANTIES AND BCB GUARANTEE

13.1 In consideration of the Player agreeing to participate in the League the BCB hereby agrees to guarantee the obligation of the Franchisee to pay the Player Fee as set out in Schedule 1 and the obligations as to medical treatment and repatriation set out at 8.8. The BCB will honour this guarantee forthwith upon receiving notice from the Player specifying any breach of the Franchisee’s guaranteed obligations. BCB agrees that the Player shall not be under any obligation to serve notice of default, or any other demand on the Franchisee, nor to take any form of legal proceedings against the Franchisee, in respect of any breach of the Franchisee’s guaranteed obligations and this guarantee will be enforceable whether or not such steps have been taken by the Player or anyone on the Players behalf.

SCHEDULE 1

Remuneration, Benefits and Tax

1. (a) The Franchisee shall pay to the Player the sum of _________ in Bangladeshi taka (the “Player Fee”) which shall be paid as follows:

(i) as to 25% of the Player Fee, on or before 2nd February 2012

(ii) a further 50% on or before 23rd February 2012 and

(iii) the final 25 % within 45 days of the completion of the Players involvement in the League.

It is acknowledged that 10% of the Player Fee relates to the Sponsorship and Promotional activities referred to in Clause 6.
    BCB acknowledges its obligation at 13.1 to guarantee the Player Fee in the event of any failure on the part of the Franchisee to pay any part or the whole of the Player Fee.

Following the inability of the franchises to meet such deadlines, we demand that the BCB satisfies the guarantees it has agreed to under the player agreements IMMEDIATELY.

This applies to all outstanding player fees, both to domestic and foreign players.

If the sums of money are not received by players within 5 business days, FICA will be forced to explore legal routes to recover these monies from BCB.

Additionally FICA will further advise all foreign and domestic players not to participate in any future BPL events.

We would prefer not to engage the above measures, but I am sure that you can understand that the series of broken promises, mistruths and general aversion to pay these outstanding amounts must cease immediately.

We have no doubt that as a person entrusted with Presidency of the Bangladesh Cricket Board that you will take this on personally to ensure all players are paid within the timeline provided above.

I look forward to receiving confirmation from you within 48 hours, that BCB will honor its obligations detailed above.

Should you have any queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Not signed as sent by email

TIM MAY
    Chief Executive
    Last edited by Saj; 18th May 2012 at 20:07.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    So basically some of the players and coaching staff have been paid by their franchises, but a large number of players and coaching staff have still not been paid despite promise after promise.

Remember the date that the BCB and the BPL assured foreign players of payment was 9th May.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How dare you report this news? You must be a bitter disgruntled Pakistani..

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Disgraceful stuff.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Debut
    Jan 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't think theyll pay.

Any pakistani players been paid yet?

'If you cant support us when we lose or draw then dont support us when we win"
    Bill Shankly

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rip bpl.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    what? it should absolutely be reported news that an icc member is proven to be run by a bunch of lying untrustworthy thieves.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just can't help but at the BCB and BPL.

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Ferelden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
    what? it should absolutely be reported news that an icc member is proven to be run by a bunch of lying untrustworthy thieves.
    He is being sarcastic yar

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    haha. nice one.

In all seriousness, this is a really important and frankly disappointing matter and something that other leagues can really learn from.

Whether it's the SLPL or the Pakistani equivalent, there are a lot of lessons to be learnt from the BPL and I'm not just talking about the outstanding payments to the players.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can they take any legal action?

Quote Originally Posted by Saj View Post
    13. WARRANTIES AND BCB GUARANTEE

...BCB agrees that the Player shall not be under any obligation to serve notice of default, or any other demand on the Franchisee, nor to take any form of legal proceedings against the Franchisee, in respect of any breach of the Franchisee’s guaranteed obligations and this guarantee will be enforceable whether or not such steps have been taken by the Player or anyone on the Players.

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If that clause is what I think it is than that's absolutely outrageous. Do these players not have any agents who check these contracts before signing them?

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamee View Post
    He is being sarcastic yar
    oops

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they were getting paid this month, at this rate they may never get paid. What happened to all the revenue they made?

'Mess with a bull, you get the horns'

Debut
    May 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Express Pace View Post
    I thought they were getting paid this month, at this rate they may never get paid. What happened to all the revenue they made?
    Supposedly made would be the correct word. I'm starting to doubt that much was earned after removing what was lost in corruption

Debut
    Jan 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Delusional Bangladesh fans think BPL2 will happen!!

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AFM View Post
    Can they take any legal action?
    You are misinterpretating that bit.

It's stating the players are NOT required to go through legal means in order to obtain their funds.

Essentially, that means the players do not have to worry about legal proceedings as the BCB will remunerate them, if the franchisee cannot. It's supposed to make it easier for the player.

Obviously, the problem is that the BCB themselves are being unprofessional and not following through on the contract. They had provided a deadline of May 9th and that's been well passed. It's understandable that FICA is now deciding to take them to court with this final established deadline.

It's an open and shut case, I am not sure what the BCB is thinking here. Their tournament will take a horrible and perhaps fatal hit, if they don't pay back the owed fees.

May the Hawks Fly Forever. Lightning Hawks CC -- Team Thread.

Debut
    May 2007
    Venue
    NYC
    Runs
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for Executioner to come and enlighten us. Show us how this is all a misunderstanding.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inswinger View Post
    Waiting for Executioner to come and enlighten us. Show us how this is all a misunderstanding.
    And a math wizard called DaFan ... he said all the back-of-the-envelope calculations PPers did on BPL revenues was wrong - he was going to come back with the real calculation in a 'day or two' last week!

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bala977 View Post
    And a math wizard called DaFan ... he said all the back-of-the-envelope calculations PPers did on BPL revenues was wrong - he was going to come back with the real calculation in a 'day or two' last week!
    Much like BCB they aint gonna show up, hopefully BPL will get scrapped as too many of these leagues now and with other countries also looking to cash in there has to be a limit but financially for the boards it's a treasure mine.

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    The BCB were getting too big for their boots. Will be glad if this episode puts them in their place.

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking ominous for BCB. I thought they wouldn't let it go this far but to be fair they have one of the worst administrator at the top.

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Bay area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rip bpl

Debut
    Jun 2011
    Venue
    Kashmir
    Runs
    Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    No More BPL from next season .. hopefully

New Era of Team Pakistan

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Ferelden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inswinger View Post
    After boasting about how much money BCB sits upon and because of some tax measures they arent able to pay in time excuse expect this from Bangladeshis : Pakistan is not safe for Bangladeshi cricketers, Terrorists roam around freely giving free lifts to poor people. Nobody is going to tour Pakistan for atleast 50 years bla bla bla

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Venue
    US
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senman View Post
    Looking ominous for BCB. I thought they wouldn't let it go this far but to be fair they have one of the worst administrator at the top.
    It's unfair to blame only one man for all this.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, warwickshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this latest information is true then it shows complete and utter incompetence by the BCB. All they had to do was make sure the players got their money. They are no better than the Canadians who arranged the match there recently. I read that our former head coach Richard PyBus is considering the main role in Bangladesh. He would be well-advised to stay away from Bangladesh if this is how the place is being run. No wonder people don't want to go and coach out there. With such destructive forces at work running the board in bangladesh is it any wander they are ranked 9th and risk losing matches to better prepared associates?

I have no problem with our Bangladeshi brothers, just the BCB.
    Last edited by spitfire64; 19th May 2012 at 07:42.

Debut
    Jun 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    BPL and IPL poles apart in many respects. BPL2 appears to be a pipe dream barring a miracle.

"This one doesn't take the cake, it takes the bakery" - Gavaskar

Debut
    Nov 2005
    Venue
    England
    Runs
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Did Afridi see through the rubbish and hence didn`t want to play and instead played for Pakistan.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kabir000 View Post
    Did Afridi see through the rubbish and hence didn`t want to play and instead played for Pakistan.
    That's incorrect.

He could not play in the BPL earlier matches as Pakistan were playing and also he and some others ran over to Bangladesh as soon as they could to play in the final.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That's incorrect.

He could not play in the BPL earlier matches as Pakistan were playing and also he and some others ran over to Bangladesh as soon as they could to play in the final.
    Get your facts straight Saj bhai......... they flew

"When You Have Eliminated The Impossible, Whatever Remains, However Improbable, Must Be The Truth!

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Get your facts straight Saj bhai......... they flew
    yes indeed they flew, but you know what I meant, they were there in quick time.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Always knew BCB and bangladesh fans were acting too big for their shoes...not to say they should not try...its good they have tried...but should have acted,spent money like they are supposed too....

I think they wanted to lure in big money ..so bid on them for more they can afford...

Debut
    Aug 2006
    Venue
    Bay area, CA
    Runs
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am microwaving some popcorn as this looks like interesting drama or will it be a flop?
    Anyhow first episode is what is the response in 48 hours and that should be up on Sunday morning I gather.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im seeing same ICL like future for BPL

some where bengali member 'executioner' said players will first prioritise BPL then PPL, i say, heck lets wait and see if BPL is not bankrupt

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the Pakistani players are paid in full, and I am sure they will be as BCB will need to step in as the guaranteer of the payments. This way we can put a end to this chapter and move on. And as for all the doom and gloom prediction... Fact Bangladesh just clocked 6.8% growth last year and forecasted to grow 7% this year. I believe the growing wealth in a nation have direct correlation with domestic sports demand. So yeah BPL2 is in planning and will happen, stadiums are being upgrade now to hold home and away matches. But next time The Pakistani players should opt out of BPL and other Bangladesh domestic tournaments. But that will hard given that just 25% BPL (plus dhaka premeire league, ncl etc...)is more than what Pakistani cricketers make, no less with central contract.
    Last edited by DaFan; 20th May 2012 at 04:56.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bala977 View Post
    I am a cricket spectator who doesn't work as a financial analyst at bear sterns Like yourself :p. I don't know what is the revenue profit model is BPL is. But I do know the fact which is that BCB was given $46 million for 6 years for BPL management and channel nine paid $26 million for tv rights. Now you can spend as much of your free time playing with BPL numbers as you like.
    Last edited by DaFan; 20th May 2012 at 05:04.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HaMmy FinE LeG StriKeR View Post
    im seeing same ICL like future for BPL

some where bengali member 'executioner' said players will first prioritise BPL then PPL, i say, heck lets wait and see if BPL is not bankrupt
    I think he is right, top international players will not come due to security reasons. Thus less salary for all. Keep in mind just 25% BPL (plus dhaka premeire league, ncl etc...)is more than what Pakistani cricketers make, no less Those with central contracts. And this is just for 3 weeks worth of work compared with 52 weeks. What will do u?
    Last edited by DaFan; 20th May 2012 at 05:10.

Debut
    Dec 2010
    Venue
    New York
    Runs
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFan View Post
    I hope the Pakistani players are paid in full, and I am sure they will be as BCB will need to step in as the guaranteer of the payments. This way we can put a end to this chapter and move on. And as for all the doom and gloom prediction... Fact Bangladesh just clocked 6.8% growth last year and forecasted to grow 7% this year. I believe the growing wealth in a nation have direct correlation with domestic sports demand. So yeah BPL2 is in planning and will happen, stadiums are being upgrade now to hold home and away matches. But next time The Pakistani players should opt out of BPL and other Bangladesh domestic tournaments. But that will hard given that just 25% BPL (plus dhaka premeire league, ncl etc...)is more than what Pakistani cricketers make, no less with central contract.
    Issue is simple, pay salaries of season one to player or lose all credibility and league folds.

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he is right, top international players will not come due to security reasons. Thus less salary for all. Keep in mind just 25% BPL (plus dhaka premeire league, ncl etc...)is more than what Pakistani cricketers make, no less Those with central contracts. And this is just for 3 weeks worth of work compared with 52 weeks. What will do u?
    BPL will not even exist after few days and here you are bullshitting, legal actions will be taken and foreign players will already swear not to attend BPL, well any pakistani player is already not gonna participate because PCB will not allow them

after that bangladesh will never even be able to host any event
    Last edited by HaMmy FinE LeG StriKeR; 20th May 2012 at 19:56.

Debut
    Dec 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a cricket spectator who doesn't work as a financial analyst at bear sterns Like yourself :p. I don't know what is the revenue profit model is BPL is. But I do know the fact which is that BCB was given $46 million for 6 years for BPL management and channel nine paid $26 million for tv rights. Now you can spend as much of your free time playing with BPL numbers as you like.
    Once again, you start attacking personally without answering the question. First you call me Mr.Modi & now i work for Bear Stearns .... how low can you go?

And dont give this rubbish about 25% of BPL salary being more than Faysal bank T20 .... it is two unrelated topics. One is a case of a contract being broken (BPL) and the other a contract being honored (faysal) ... no comparison

BCB and BPL are toast ... history

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Tim May, the Federation of International Cricketers Associations (FICA) CEO, has threatened legal action if the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) fails to ensure that the players involved in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) held in February have been paid.

In a letter to the BCB president AHM Mustafa Kamal, dated May 19, May urged him to inform the BPL franchises to clear all outstanding dues to the players within five days. Although May 9 was the original deadline for foreign players' payments and May 31 for the locals, it is learned that the board had asked the franchises to clear all dues by the first week of June.

"Whilst we have a communication avenue open, I wish to express, on behalf of the majority of players that recently participated in the Bangladesh Premier League, our continued disappointment that a large number of players, both foreign and local, still have not received their full entitlements from their franchises," PakPassion.net quoted May's letter, as saying.

"The continued broken promises and deadlines is causing great harm to the integrity of the franchises, the Bangladesh Premier League, the Bangladesh Cricket Board, and all of the officials within such organisations."

May warned the BCB of various repercussions if the franchises fail to pay up within the deadline.

"Following the inability of the franchises to meet such deadlines, we demand that the BCB satisfies the guarantees it has agreed to under the player agreements immediately. This applies to all outstanding player fees, both to domestic and foreign players," May wrote.

"If the sums of money are not received by players within 5 business days, FICA will be forced to explore legal routes to recover these monies from the BCB. Additionally FICA will further advise all foreign and domestic players not to participate in any future BPL events."

The letter also quoted part of players' contract in which it was stated that 25% of a player's fee would be paid before February 2, two weeks after the players' auction and a week before the tournament started. The second installment (50% of the player fees) was supposed to be paid on or before February 23 while the rest (25%) was supposed to be cleared "within 45 days of the completion of the players' involvement in the league".

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/566119.html

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Tim May, the Federation of International Cricketers Associations (FICA) CEO, has threatened legal action if the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) fails to ensure that the players involved in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) held in February have been paid.

In a letter to the BCB president AHM Mustafa Kamal, dated May 19, May urged him to inform the BPL franchises to clear all outstanding dues to the players within five days. Although May 9 was the original deadline for foreign players' payments and May 31 for the locals, it is learned that the board had asked the franchises to clear all dues by the first week of June.

"Whilst we have a communication avenue open, I wish to express, on behalf of the majority of players that recently participated in the Bangladesh Premier League, our continued disappointment that a large number of players, both foreign and local, still have not received their full entitlements from their franchises," PakPassion.net quoted May's letter, as saying.

"The continued broken promises and deadlines is causing great harm to the integrity of the franchises, the Bangladesh Premier League, the Bangladesh Cricket Board, and all of the officials within such organisations."

May warned the BCB of various repercussions if the franchises fail to pay up within the deadline.

"Following the inability of the franchises to meet such deadlines, we demand that the BCB satisfies the guarantees it has agreed to under the player agreements immediately. This applies to all outstanding player fees, both to domestic and foreign players," May wrote.

"If the sums of money are not received by players within 5 business days, FICA will be forced to explore legal routes to recover these monies from the BCB. Additionally FICA will further advise all foreign and domestic players not to participate in any future BPL events."

The letter also quoted part of players' contract in which it was stated that 25% of a player's fee would be paid before February 2, two weeks after the players' auction and a week before the tournament started. The second installment (50% of the player fees) was supposed to be paid on or before February 23 while the rest (25%) was supposed to be cleared "within 45 days of the completion of the players' involvement in the league".

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/566119.html

As I stated before, I seriously cannot see another BPL happening any time soon.

Even if by sheer luck it does, I cannot foresee any foreign player being involved.

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have read somewhere, all Pakistani players have been cleared their dues, Am i right? can someone confirm this news?

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Saj bhai confirmed all the Pakistani player had been "paid".

The issue is other players not being paid.

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FICA begins legal action over BPL payments

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Ferelden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    Apr 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangladesh tried to arrange something which was beyond there means and paid the price of embarrassing themselves!!

Debut
    Aug 2008
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PIE_CHUCKER View Post
    Bangladesh tried to arrange something which was beyond there means and paid the price of embarrassing themselves!!
    Exactly, BD shouldn't have attempted a league like this its obvious they are not capable of handling something like this. now they must face the embarrassment

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Pathetic from BCB.Hope SLC learns and doesnt over extends itself for SLPL.Running such leagues is only possible if you have huge financial backing like that of CA or BCCI.

Debut
    Feb 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well look at it this way, at least their domestic players will get a bigger role

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    this is good for Bangladesh, we hardly saw our locals in action. Now we will see them in action.

Debut
    Aug 2008
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    this is good for Bangladesh, we hardly saw our locals in action. Now we will see them in action.
    You and the other bd fans were boasting about how your rich cricket board was sitting on a cash pile, what happened to that?

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Any chances of corruption being involved? I mean I am pretty certain the BPL ended up making money and profits. Then why is the BPL, BCB broke to pay the parties for their services?

The PCB will hopefully not back Mustafa Kamal for the ICC post. We are going to get even for the games he played with us. Karma is such a *****. No sympathy for the BPL, BCB or any of its players.

On a sidenote I hope the PCB learns from this and does a better job with the PPL.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    On a sidenote I hope the PCB learns from this and does a better job with the PPL.
    That is an excellent point.

I know there are people who were involved in the BPL trying to get their hands on the PPL, musn't be alllowed to happen.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    Any chances of corruption being involved? I mean I am pretty certain the BPL ended up making money and profits. Then why is the BPL, BCB broke to pay the parties for their services?

The PCB will hopefully not back Mustafa Kamal for the ICC post. We are going to get even for the games he played with us. Karma is such a *****. No sympathy for the BPL, BCB or any of its players.

Ok man insult our board and our franchises but what did our players did? BD cricketers are one of the more non-controversial and down to earth cricketers. Despite the players not coming from a humble and educated background they still have the manners which some so called GENTLEMAN in the cricket world. Our players are passionate abt the team and will give anything unlike some cheap players from your country who are willing to be involved in phixing regardless of what they do to your country. And yes, it was guys like and MD asif who are supposed to be the seniors.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok man insult our board and our franchises but what did our players did? BD cricketers are one of the more non-controversial and down to earth cricketers. Despite the players not coming from a humble and educated background they still have the manners which some so called GENTLEMAN in the cricket world. Our players are passionate abt the team and will give anything unlike some cheap players from your country who are willing to be involved in phixing regardless of what they do to your country. And yes, it was guys like and MD asif who are supposed to be the seniors.
    Oh untle who said nething abt BD cricketers being corrupt read the post again or is it the case of chor ki dardhi main tinka,

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doctordamor View Post
    Oh untle who said nething abt BD cricketers being corrupt read the post again or is it the case of chor ki dardhi main tinka,
    then why shudnt our players deserve sympathy? Its like our players are resp. for all this
    Last edited by Executioner; 8th June 2012 at 19:29.

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to see FICA active in this. Whatever happens with Tim & Kamal there in court, in the end a good thing will happen is, from now on every player playing in any league in Bangladesh must have bank guarantee first as per FICA advice.
    Its allready cristal clear that BCB and BPL franchies bodies have fund issues, thats why failed in their commitment. But stopping all dialgues with FICA aint just insulting them but more than that, as FICA is recognised part of ICC and sooner or later Bangladesh Cricketers wellfare Association will also get in action inside BD. Mostafa Kamal should ve enough by now for indulging with Pakistan.
    I'm still worried about those local players & staffs there, who aint paid full yet. If this get more nasty in court, will they ever be paid!
    Last edited by Maximas; 8th June 2012 at 20:32.

Its all part of My Manly Essence

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Ferelden
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    then why shudnt our players deserve sympathy? Its like our players are resp. for all this
    what r u tlking abt? U r making no sense

Debut
    Feb 2006
    Runs
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I am not going to forget that player who accussed Cheema of interfering and blocking him for the second run in the Asia Cup Final. No way would that guy have done that if it was an Australian, English, South African player involved. Our players unfortunately have been a bit too nice, chummy and wussy with the opposition.

What's even more riddiculous not only did the BCB go back on its word, assurances of touring Pakistan but even complained to the ICC/ACC for the alleged Cheema incident. Am glad the BCB, BPL and the players are being bought down to earth now.

Debut
    Mar 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with FICA.

These corrupt officials in BCB needed something like this. I hope Bangladesh government kick them out of the BCB.

Don't want to see Kamal as President of ICC. He will destroy everything.
    Last edited by Murad; 8th June 2012 at 20:58.

Debut
    Apr 2010
    Venue
    221B Baker Street
    Runs
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

/l\
    l
    /\
    Last edited by Sherlock; 8th June 2012 at 23:09.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, warwickshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if protracted and ugly court proceedings could impact on the BCB in another way?

For example, a member test nation bringing the world game into disrepute. ICC have powers of veto over matches played by Bangladesh. We all know how South Africa got banned from playing cricket because they wouldn't chose black players. This was a domestic issue but it led to their isolation.

How far fetched is it to think that Bangladesh might be isloated by other countries who's players haven't been paid or worse still if the iCC intervene, lose its Test status here?

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They [FICA] can go to court, that's their choice, we don't care about that - BCB

Bangladesh cricket surprised by nonpayment claims

Bangladesh Cricket Board President AH Mustafa Kamal said on Saturday he is surprised by claims that his board will be sued over its failure to pay players who took part in the inaugural Bangladesh Premier League.

In a report published Friday Tim May, the chief executive of the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations, claimed that the Bangladesh board and BPL franchises have failed to pay players but did not identify them.

May added that the federation has instructed lawyers in Bangladesh to start legal proceedings against the BCB.

May also said the BCB's attitude could hurt Kamal's chances of becoming the next president of the International Cricket Council.

May said FICA would even advise players to avoid any future tournaments in Bangladesh unless they are paid in advance or receive bank guarantees.

But Kamal said that the federation should have identified players it claims had not been paid to help resolve any misunderstanding.

He also accused May of being "extreme" and making things "noisy."

Kamal said he repeatedly asked the players' agents to contact him with any nonpayment claims.

"Maybe there have been some complications but those should be handled in a proper way," said Kamal, who is now visiting India.

Meanwhile, BPL Governing Council Chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu said Saturday they would show "zero tolerance" if any franchises fail to fully clear dues involving the BPL that concluded in February.

"We are very much careful about this as it involves our prestige as a cricketing nation," he told the AP.

"We will look into the issue if they come with full details of any claim," he said adding that the association will discuss the issues with the BCB in a positive way.

Lipu said they were not afraid of the threat of legal action.

"They can go to court, that's their choice, we don't care about that," he said. "We understand this is our responsibility to clear any dues, and we will do that accordingly."

He said the BPL governing body will meet later Saturday and discuss the issue.

"We will probably issue a deadline to the franchises if they are found guilty," he said.

Pakistani allrounder Shahid Afridi, who topped the auction at $700,000, reportedly said last month that he had been fully paid.

Times of India

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1450 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Update from BCB Media Release

BPL PLAYER PAYMENT
    Following the expiry of the 07 June deadline given to franchises for clearing all outstanding payment of foreign cricketers who had participated in the inaugural edition of the competition, the Governing Council has received the following payment status from the six franchises:

• The net payable (following tax deduction) to foreign cricketers was US$ 2.77 million (approximately).
    • The unpaid fees figure currently stands at US$ 3,05,000.00 (approximately).
    • Two of the six BPL franchises have completed their payment to foreign cricketers in full.

The Governing Council has recommended to the BCB that as guarantor the Board should clear the outstanding payment and the process should be initiated immediately.

The payment of local cricketers is also being seriously looked into by the Governing Council which has not received a definite picture of the payment status from the franchises. Therefore it has been decided that the Governing Council would speak to individual players and relevant officials of team managements and take measures accordingly.

NON COMPLIANCE ISSUE
    The Governing Council has thanked the franchises who have complied with player payment and franchisee fee payment. The Governing Council will issue formal letters to the franchises who have not complied with the mandatory requirements and may consider stern action.

TIM MAY’S COMMENTS
    The Governing Council expressed disappointment at the recent remarks of the Federation of International Cricketers’ Association (FICA) chief executive Tim May regarding the BPL. Governing Council Chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain said: “Obviously he (May) is saying things on assumption and misinformation as only a tiny fraction of the payment is outstanding. When an organisation like the BCB is the guarantor then the question of uncertainty regarding players’ payment does not arise.

“We wanted to give the franchises a fair chance of completing the player payment as they have invested a huge amount of money in these times of worldwide recession and hence the extension of the deadline. We are happy that barring a very small sum the entire payable to foreign cricketers have been cleared.

“The BPL in its first year had attracted the most number of overseas players, including the top international cricketers after the Indian Premier League. The profile of Bangladesh cricket has been enhanced by this competition and hundreds of foreign cricketers are eagerly waiting for a chance to participate in the next edition. Someone in Mr. May’s position should be an advocate of such an event which has benefited professional cricketers across continents, rather than trying to undermine it. So far we have not received official complaints from any foreign or local cricketer and that should tell him what the BPL has meant to them.

“We think some people are getting paranoid over the BPL’s success and strength and are out to tarnish the image of the BCB and Bangladesh cricket. That will not deter our quest for excellence in the BPL and future editions will be bigger and more vibrant.”

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire64 View Post
    I wonder if protracted and ugly court proceedings could impact on the BCB in another way?

For example, a member test nation bringing the world game into disrepute. ICC have powers of veto over matches played by Bangladesh. We all know how South Africa got banned from playing cricket because they wouldn't chose black players. This was a domestic issue but it led to their isolation.

How far fetched is it to think that Bangladesh might be isloated by other countries who's players haven't been paid or worse still if the iCC intervene, lose its Test status here?
    I'm with BCB on this issue. Tim May is pursing some evil agenda. Where was he when IPL had payment problems after the first season? This was only an ingural season and it will happen with every country ... This hasnt happened due to BCB, but due to the franchises who are all new in this business. They will soon understand the importance of timely payment and I'm sure it will be fixed in next season on ward... As it has been now in IPL ...

We must not forget that all these franchises have hurried into such an initiative ... There will be some sort of un preparedness in terms of finances... Even they are dependant on receiving money from the sponsors and all..... Entire chain will need to improve their payment behaviors .. From the next editions...

Tim may needs to contact BCB to resolve the problems in any... And not shout publicly like he is doing... He can't boss around... He should facilitate resolving players issues on specific complains...through discussions.
    Last edited by BANFAN; 9th June 2012 at 20:38.

Bangladesh Flag: The background color symbolizes the greenery of Bangladesh with its vitality and youthfulness while the disc represents the rising sun and red colour represents the sacrifice our people made to obtain our independence.

Debut
    Jun 2001
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1357 Post(s)
    Tagged
    21 Thread(s)
    Tim may needs to contact BCB to resolve the problems in any...
    He did. He emailed Mustafa Kamal but didn't get a reply.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BANFAN View Post
    I'm with BCB on this issue. Tim May is pursing some evil agenda. Where was he when IPL had payment problems after the first season? This was only an ingural season and it will happen with every country ... This hasnt happened due to BCB, but due to the franchises who are all new in this business. They will soon understand the importance of timely payment and I'm sure it will be fixed in next season on ward... As it has been now in IPL ...

We must not forget that all these franchises have hurried into such an initiative ... There will be some sort of un preparedness in terms of finances... Even they are dependant on receiving money from the sponsors and all..... Entire chain will need to improve their payment behaviors .. From the next editions...

Tim may needs to contact BCB to resolve the problems in any... And not shout publicly like he is doing... He can't boss around... He should facilitate resolving players issues on specific complains...through discussions.

IPL had payments for how long? For how many players..and did they miss a gazillion deadlines like BCB.....? I am not sure about correct information about IPL payment delays..but I am sure they did something right to not get the issue out of hand..and I am sure it did not take this long to clear payments...and I am pretty mure most players must have received it on time......so there is no way you can side on BCB with this....FICA contacted them a gazillon times..wrote emails a gazillion times...bcb had deadline of may 9th...and I think its not a few players but a lot..

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IPL players such as Sarwan and Simon Katich have not been paid for their participation during the IPL 2010 season. The case has been forwarded by FICA to BCCI, but the BCCI has still not given any response towards the matter.

http://www.merinews.com/article/ipl-...15858986.shtml

Its one year now, Why Tim May isn't shouting now in public? BPL has 300 k outstanding as of now and that may just be one or two guys.

Haha .. Hope you understand the meaning of Gazilion... ;) it's oe mnth and Tim may emailed Gazilion timesss..heh... What an sparrow...huh...

Bangladesh Flag: The background color symbolizes the greenery of Bangladesh with its vitality and youthfulness while the disc represents the rising sun and red colour represents the sacrifice our people made to obtain our independence.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IPL players such as Sarwan and Simon Katich have not been paid for their participation during the IPL 2010 season. The case has been forwarded by FICA to BCCI, but the BCCI has still not given any response towards the matter.

http://www.merinews.com/article/ipl-...15858986.shtml

Its one year now, Why Tim May isn't shouting now in public? BPL has 300 k outstanding as of now and that may just be one or two guys.

Haha .. Hope you understand the meaning of Gazilion... ;) it's oe mnth and Tim may emailed Gazilion timesss..heh... What an sparrow...huh...
    Yes, so Two players in 2010...and I am sure just because there is no news after that....Dues have been cleared. There are so many players playing in ipl and with so many coaches..and never has the unpaid incident gone this far...this news and in the 1st season...but immediately after the news...there were no news about it..so I guess they got paid.

And about Gazillion, when I said Gazillion...I exactly meant Gazillion..not one more nor one less. Glad you understood the true essense of the sentence..

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was only an ingural season and it will happen with every country ... This hasnt happened due to BCB, but due to the franchises who are all new in this business. They will soon understand the importance of timely payment and I'm sure it will be fixed in next season on ward... As it has been now in IPL ...
    I've seen this reason go around a lot. Why did BPL not learn from IPL's mistake and identify it as a major risk element before hand?

So, if Pakistan were to start a league tomorrow, can we expect delay in payments in the first year? Definitely not!

Debut
    Apr 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by praveen View Post
    I've seen this reason go around a lot. Why did BPL not learn from IPL's mistake and identify it as a major risk element before hand?
    And why didn't IPL learn it from ICL's Mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by praveen View Post
    So, if Pakistan were to start a league tomorrow, can we expect delay in payments in the first year? Definitely not!
    I can't over rule a possibility yet... Let's see.

Debut
    Feb 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And why didn't IPL learn it from ICL's Mistake?

Oh is that why BPL can afford delays? Worse, BPL had ICL and IPL to learn from.

I can't over rule a possibility yet... Let's see.

PPL was just an example. What about Big bash?
    Replies in bold.
    Last edited by praveen; 9th June 2012 at 22:22.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Birmingham, warwickshire
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is in business if you buy something you pay for it. If you want to use the services of professionals you pay for that. You don't use someone or something unless you can afford to pay for it. Tim May doesn't have an agenda. He is acting on behalf of the players through their union.

It isn't a luxury to be paid, it is your human right to be paid for work.

We all know the misinformation, lies and corruption that is rife in certain cricket boards. It is for those boards to be squeaky clean on international payments to staff. You cannot treat this tournament like a circus.

Tim May has been contacting the BCB over all these matters if you read ESPN CricInfo. You don't take legal action over one or two late payments. You take it because of repeated breaking of promises and avoiding mass payments.

The BPL organisers knew they had to pay the main people (staff and players) who made the BPL what it is. The franchises knew the bill as they bid at auction. There were no surprises. The only surprise here is believing the BCB's continually reporting that everything is being dealt with when it clearly isn't. Players will not speak out in the media and risk no payment at all (however late) at this time.

For all of us running Asian businesses we know well that people want payment in an instant for themselves but pay out at the very last moment for others. That doesn't work in International cricket if you want credibility.
    Last edited by spitfire64; 10th June 2012 at 02:38.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Savak View Post
    I am not going to forget that player who accussed Cheema of interfering and blocking him for the second run in the Asia Cup Final. No way would that guy have done that if it was an Australian, English, South African player involved. Our players unfortunately have been a bit too nice, chummy and wussy with the opposition.

What's even more riddiculous not only did the BCB go back on its word, assurances of touring Pakistan but even complained to the ICC/ACC for the alleged Cheema incident. Am glad the BCB, BPL and the players are being bought down to earth now.

Dude if you dont have know anything then dont talk. Riyad first questionned cheema but later on he accepted what happened. It was BCB that took the charge. Our players where innocent. And what do you mean by PLAYERS being brought down to earth? Our players are enough down2earth. Thats why you will never see the word Bangali and SF/MF together

Debut
    Jan 2008
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spitfire64 View Post
    The problem is in business if you buy something you pay for it. If you want to use the services of professionals you pay for that. You don't use someone or something unless you can afford to pay for it. Tim May doesn't have an agenda. He is acting on behalf of the players through their union.

It isn't a luxury to be paid, it is your human right to be paid for work.

We all know the misinformation, lies and corruption that is rife in certain cricket boards. It is for those boards to be squeaky clean on international payments to staff. You cannot treat this tournament like a circus.

Tim May has been contacting the BCB over all these matters if you read ESPN CricInfo. You don't take legal action over one or two late payments. You take it because of repeated breaking of promises and avoiding mass payments.

The BPL organisers knew they had to pay the main people (staff and players) who made the BPL what it is. The franchises knew the bill as they bid at auction. There were no surprises. The only surprise here is believing the BCB's continually reporting that everything is being dealt with when it clearly isn't. Players will not speak out in the media and risk no payment at all (however late) at this time.

For all of us running Asian businesses we know well that people want payment in an instant for themselves but pay out at the very last moment for others. That doesn't work in International cricket if you want credibility.
    As long as this aint Tim-Kamal issue anymore, Bangladesh board has decided what/how to deal with this payment issue and response to FICA pretty much like "Kiss My A$$" style. Certaintly they know their stance what is they up against and dealing legal actions inside BD for BCB would be favourable anyway since most of the due is paid. Besides BCB allready questioned on Tim May's motive and actions noted as 'extreme'. BCB explained the agenda behind it stating
    “We think some people are getting paranoid over the BPL’s success and strength and are out to tarnish the image of the BCB and Bangladesh cricket. That will not deter our quest for excellence in the BPL and future editions will be bigger and more vibrant.”
    Now I dont care if FICA dont gain anything from it; what I eagerly want to see is FICA is atleast active in such manner so that cricketer's associations arround the world can have some confidence on this ICC side part. Maybe later players can ask for help to them, in case of more major concerns.

Its all part of My Manly Essence

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://tribune.com.pk/story/391341/b...t-of-contract/

KARACHI: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) called in franchise officials of its Twenty20 league yesterday in order to resolve the pending non-payment issue as it faces a legal action from the players’ association, FICA.

Duronto Rajshahi Chairman Mushfiqur Rehman Mohan confirmed that the meeting took place yesterday and while half the franchises have cleared their dues, the problem has come up due to the rest finding it difficult to arrange huge sums in such a short time. “The board wants to ensure that these problems don’t surface again which is why the meeting took place,” Mohan told The Express Tribune before replying to the Pakistani players’ concerns after they were paid only 75% of the promised amount.

“They’ve been paid 75% because the other 25% is the tax that has been deducted for foreign players. We’ll send the receipts of the tax payment to clear any doubts in the players’ minds.

“We want to take the Bangladesh Premier League to new heights in the next edition and I promise these problems will not happen.”

Meanwhile, the Pakistani players who took part in the event’s inaugural edition have confirmed that no such tax clause was present in their contracts. “They’ve deducted 25% and called it tax while the amount that was to be deducted was not mentioned in the contracts,” said a player.

“I’ve been asking them to send me the receipt as proof because I can’t believe the tax rate will be this high. The organisers are acting in an immature manner that could harm their reputation and the participation of the players in the future.”

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hmmm, if its tax that is to be paid then no problem as long the proof of tax money is shown. The players shud get the remaining money