Instagram


Sohail Speaks Yasir's Blog Fazeer's Focus

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 161 to 219 of 219
  1. #161
    Debut
    Nov 2015
    Venue
    Melbourne
    Runs
    973
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't know he even played tests. Poor reason to quit though.


    Omar's comin' yo!

  2. #162
    Debut
    Mar 2015
    Runs
    8,153
    Mentioned
    521 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not that surprising, everyone seems to be retiring from tests day by day.

  3. #163
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    11,868
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Murli is a relieved man today.

    If any player had the ability to break his 800 wkts record and surpass his legacy, then it was this man.

    A big thank you from Murli and his fans.


    I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

  4. #164
    Debut
    Feb 2014
    Venue
    NY
    Runs
    2,177
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freelance_cricketer View Post
    Extremely sad to hear this new.

    My top 5 Thisara performances would be:-

    1. 251 vs Australia at Galle
    2. 186 in 2nd innings vs England at Nottingham
    3. 192 on a spinning pitch at Bangalore
    4. 92 at Lords
    5. 212 at Christchurch



    Players like him come once in a generation. Sri Lanka will never be the same without this legend./
    Bruh, I Googled all the innings you mentioned

  5. #165
    Debut
    Dec 2013
    Runs
    11,868
    Mentioned
    943 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakCricket View Post
    Bruh, I Googled all the innings you mentioned


    Best comment of the thread.


    I can't think of anything else but this machine. I sell here, Sir, what all the world desires to have - POWER

  6. #166
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,959
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by street cricketer View Post
    When I read the news in cricinfo, I thought of tagging you in a thread lol @Thivagar
    Thanks for the condolences

  7. #167
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,338
    Mentioned
    901 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakCricket View Post
    Bruh, I Googled all the innings you mentioned
    If you couldn't figure it out after the first innings then I got some bad news...

  8. #168
    Debut
    Sep 2014
    Runs
    12,959
    Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barragan View Post
    Murli is a relieved man today.

    If any player had the ability to break his 800 wkts record and surpass his legacy, then it was this man.

    A big thank you from Murli and his fans.
    So close, missed the milestone by 789 wickets.

  9. #169
    Debut
    Sep 2013
    Venue
    Sydney
    Runs
    2,607
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoUgandaCranes View Post
    Do they even have more Mahelas ....

    I lost a bet once trying to remember Vaas's or Murali's full name. Couldn't do it, just couldn't do it.
    @Strike Rate - I can't believe that he has only started playing since 2009. Looks and feels so much older
    Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas. Watch this brilliant Bumble video and you'll never forget

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTpB3bAGrI0


    Murali is an easy one, because he's Tamil he only has a given name and a surname, instead of half a dozen given names and a surname. So it's just Muttiah Muralitharan.


    I smash and grab and stash the cash in plastic bags
    With raps that have pizzazz

  10. #170
    Debut
    Dec 2009
    Venue
    Beijing, China
    Runs
    14,255
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is everyone making this a joke?

    For a minute I thought he retired from Cricket altogether.


    And I get so high.. And I just can't feel it....

  11. #171
    Debut
    Aug 2010
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    27,879
    Mentioned
    890 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    This guy is a club level bowler, how does he get all these T20 contracts ?

    What have the Sri Lankan selectors been drinking by persisting with him for so long ?

  12. #172
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    32,295
    Mentioned
    1375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perara is a gift that keeps on giving. I hope he keeps on playing, specially against us


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  13. #173
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    9,239
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    This guy is a club level bowler, how does he get all these T20 contracts ?

    What have the Sri Lankan selectors been drinking by persisting with him for so long ?
    Prasanna would have been a better option than him

  14. #174
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,705
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markhor View Post
    This guy is a club level bowler, how does he get all these T20 contracts ?

    What have the Sri Lankan selectors been drinking by persisting with him for so long ?
    The hat trick against Pakistan had kept him in that side similar to Afridi's cursed hundred, and Ishant against ponting


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  15. #175
    Debut
    Oct 2013
    Venue
    North side of Londonnn
    Runs
    7,281
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    What's his legacy anyway? He comes across as a cricketer who shows a lot of promise but what has he done so far on merit?

  16. #176
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,933
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Perara is a gift that keeps on giving. I hope he keeps on playing, specially against us
    Yaar yeh kya kardiya tum ne


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  17. #177
    Debut
    Jan 2015
    Venue
    Toronto, Canada
    Runs
    32,295
    Mentioned
    1375 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post
    Yaar yeh kya kardiya tum ne
    Ooops sorry


    #Mein inko rolaonga

  18. #178
    Debut
    Jan 2014
    Runs
    12,366
    Mentioned
    745 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Perera is a hack but by God when Hack's come off it is fun to watch. Never would have had a career 20 years ago.

    But he is the archetypal T20 player.

  19. #179
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,068
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pak's bowlers are pants bar Amir. Just diddly dobblers.
    Last edited by mmkextreme_1; 13th September 2017 at 17:38.

  20. #180
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    77
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A useful t20 player if used properly.

  21. #181
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    9,239
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    Pak's bowlers are pants bar Amir. Just diddly dobblers. Sohail Khan would not make Dhaka X1s.
    I agree with that.Why bowl low full tosses to a power hitter in a small ground?

  22. #182
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,477
    Mentioned
    850 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebreaker View Post
    I agree with that.Why bowl low full tosses to a power hitter in a small ground?
    Full tosses are yorkers gone wrong.

    No one bowls full tosses intentionally.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  23. #183
    Debut
    Dec 2007
    Venue
    USA
    Runs
    5,512
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Syed1 View Post
    Perara is a gift that keeps on giving. I hope he keeps on playing, specially against us
    You know this statement came to mind first after he hit the winning runs.

    Jinx? Oosni bora minaliya tumhari baat ka. Took all gifts back

  24. #184
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    9,239
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sensible-indian-fan View Post
    Full tosses are yorkers gone wrong.

    No one bowls full tosses intentionally.
    No but what he bowled were actual full tosses

  25. #185
    Debut
    Aug 2013
    Venue
    Chennai
    Runs
    30,477
    Mentioned
    850 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebreaker View Post
    No but what he bowled were actual full tosses
    Yes they are called yorkers gone wrong horribly.


    I am not one of you. I never was. I am not one of them either.

  26. #186
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,457
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    An awful cricketer who will have the odd good day. Had one of those good days today.

  27. #187
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,044
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He's the youngest cricketer among world x1 atm

  28. #188
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    598
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    Pak's bowlers are pants bar Amir. Just diddly dobblers.
    True a hack like Perera won't be able to even get double figures against Bangladesh and their world class bowlers like Shakib.


  29. #189
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Venue
    UK
    Runs
    678
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    Pak's bowlers are pants bar Amir. Just diddly dobblers.
    Don't forget there was no hasan ali

  30. #190
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    9,239
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyways Pakistanis should give him some credit.He looked really happy in the match presentation and said it is a dream come true to play for World XI and also that he has achieved the goal of his career

  31. #191
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humble pie anyone? Fresh and warm out the oven

  32. #192
    Debut
    Feb 2015
    Venue
    Canada
    Runs
    5,160
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    He's decent batting but his bowling is very bad, may have a good day once in a while.


    Does cricket survive off of it's money or does it survive for it's money?

  33. #193
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,333
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he is a poor man afridi..

  34. #194
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,068
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backfootpunch View Post
    Don't forget there was no hasan ali
    He is decent as well but was absent. There is no depth to Pk pace attack. Amir, Ali and then guys who wouldnt play in the Dhaka Club team in the weekend Members Club games.

  35. #195
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    385
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    He is decent as well but was absent. There is no depth to Pk pace attack. Amir, Ali and then guys who wouldnt play in the Dhaka Club team in the weekend Members Club games.
    The likes of rumman and sohail are better bowlre than any bangla bowlerr EVER

  36. #196
    Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    9,239
    Mentioned
    1114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messiah View Post
    The likes of rumman and sohail are better bowlre than any bangla bowlerr EVER
    That's a bit too much tbh.Mustafizur,Taskin heck even Rubel are better than Sohail Khan

  37. #197
    Debut
    Mar 2017
    Runs
    598
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bujhee kom View Post
    He is decent as well but was absent. There is no depth to Pk pace attack. Amir, Ali and then guys who wouldnt play in the Dhaka Club team in the weekend Members Club games.
    I am confused, are Dhaka club teams higher quality than BPL? Cause guys like Junaid, Raees, Riaz, Sami and even Imran Khan JR were picked in BPL. I guess that shows the standards of BPL, maybe you should replace all BPL teams with local Dhaka clubs.

  38. #198
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,068
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poutine View Post
    I am confused, are Dhaka club teams higher quality than BPL? Cause guys like Junaid, Raees, Riaz, Sami and even Imran Khan JR were picked in BPL. I guess that shows the standards of BPL, maybe you should replace all BPL teams with local Dhaka clubs.

    Dhaka private members clubs have decent sides.

  39. #199
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    1,068
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canny as hell here. T20 icon.

  40. #200
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,933
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)



    Perera becoming a fan favourite.


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  41. #201
    Debut
    Mar 2014
    Venue
    Not quite all there.
    Runs
    10,338
    Mentioned
    901 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Always ups his game against us, and we falter a lot to his bowling. Anyone remember his random as hell hat trick also took a fifer against us in the 2014 series, we got bowled out for 130 odd in 50 overs.

  42. #202
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,705
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah719 View Post



    Perera becoming a fan favourite.
    haha he has already been a fan favourite since handing us the champions trophy!


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  43. #203
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,457
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lol can't believe this rubbish cricketer has his own discussion thread.

    Respect him for making the trip to Pakistan though. He didn't have to do that.

  44. #204
    Debut
    Oct 2010
    Runs
    11,486
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thisara Perera has gone up 16 positions in the ICC T20I rankings following the Independence Cup

  45. #205
    Debut
    Feb 2011
    Venue
    Pakistan
    Runs
    11,284
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Lol can't believe this rubbish cricketer has his own discussion thread.

    Respect him for making the trip to Pakistan though. He didn't have to do that.
    It was some very good hitting from him, give him respect where due.


    You are not a drop in the ocean - You are the entire ocean in a drop
    - Rumi

  46. #206
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,457
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahson8 View Post
    It was some very good hitting from him, give him respect where due.
    It was a good innings, I did say above that he had a good day.

  47. #207
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,705
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My favourite Sri Lankan of all time for winning us the champions trophy


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  48. #208
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    1,044
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Appointed ODI captain.

    India would be scared

  49. #209
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,457
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @MMHS, he's been named captain for LO side. Your thoughts? Will it help Lanka improve?

  50. #210
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,398
    Mentioned
    1466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    @MMHS, he's been named captain for LO side. Your thoughts? Will it help Lanka improve?
    Good to see SLCB acting fast.

    Regarding improvement, I think I'll write exactly same what I wrote for Sarfraz (over Azhar) - if there isn't a massive change in personals (starting XI), Captain hardly can bring a drastic change in fortune, no matter how good he is. But, what a better Captain can do (with identical/similar squad) is that he brings small increments in every department, which sums up closing a gap of 10-15, even 25 runs. So, for a 48 match period (6 each against top 8 opponents), if a poor Captain ends up losing 38 matches, with same squad, may be a better Captain will end-up losing 35 or even 29 - but it won't be 23-25 unless there is changes in individuals.

    However, the biggest quality of a Good captain is the desire to improve and for that accepting changes - he'll change strategy, formation or individuals if something isn't working, if required putting own neck under blade and he is always a forward thinker -looks for the team in future, not own chair, means he backs youngsters and ready to put them on hot seats, to see how youngsters respond and how far they can stress under pressure - a poor Captain always will go for conventional safe route, which saves him if it back fires. This often makes this team disengaged & selfish - that why SRL looked like passengers under Tharanga & almost new team under Perera. And, that's why Imran was a legendary Captain - Misbah won't have been even mentioned within 6 months of retirement, had PAK not failed to chase 136 against one bowler.

    I think Perera will make SRL better, they are appointing Hathura, so it's a new start from scratch. I would have said that they'll lose 0-5 or 1-4 to BD in next series; now may that can improve up to even 2-3 (still will lose the Series, but compete better than Tharanga's team).
    Last edited by hadi123; 29th November 2017 at 19:58.

  51. #211
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,933
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Beats India in his first match as captain


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

  52. #212
    Debut
    Feb 2016
    Runs
    5,333
    Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Good to see SLCB acting fast.

    Regarding improvement, I think I'll write exactly same what I wrote for Sarfraz (over Azhar) - if there isn't a massive change in personals (starting XI), Captain hardly can bring a drastic change in fortune, no matter how good he is. But, what a better Captain can do (with identical/similar squad) is that he brings small increments in every department, which sums up closing a gap of 10-15, even 25 runs. So, for a 48 match period (6 each against top 8 opponents), if a poor Captain ends up losing 38 matches, with same squad, may be a better Captain will end-up losing 35 or even 29 - but it won't be 23-25 unless there is changes in individuals.

    However, the biggest quality of a Good captain is the desire to improve and for that accepting changes - he'll change strategy, formation or individuals if something isn't working, if required putting own neck under blade and he is always a forward thinker -looks for the team in future, not own chair, means he backs youngsters and ready to put them on hot seats, to see how youngsters respond and how far they can stress under pressure - a poor Captain always will go for conventional safe route, which saves him if it back fires. This often makes this team disengaged & selfish - that why SRL looked like passengers under Tharanga & almost new team under Perera. And, that's why Imran was a legendary Captain - Misbah won't have been even mentioned within 6 months of retirement, had PAK not failed to chase 136 against one bowler.

    I think Perera will make SRL better, they are appointing Hathura, so it's a new start from scratch. I would have said that they'll lose 0-5 or 1-4 to BD in next series; now may that can improve up to even 2-3 (still will lose the Series, but compete better than Tharanga's team).
    and it is going to pay its reward by beating india.

  53. #213
    Debut
    Jun 2017
    Runs
    133
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    Good to see SLCB acting fast.

    Regarding improvement, I think I'll write exactly same what I wrote for Sarfraz (over Azhar) - if there isn't a massive change in personals (starting XI), Captain hardly can bring a drastic change in fortune, no matter how good he is. But, what a better Captain can do (with identical/similar squad) is that he brings small increments in every department, which sums up closing a gap of 10-15, even 25 runs. So, for a 48 match period (6 each against top 8 opponents), if a poor Captain ends up losing 38 matches, with same squad, may be a better Captain will end-up losing 35 or even 29 - but it won't be 23-25 unless there is changes in individuals.

    However, the biggest quality of a Good captain is the desire to improve and for that accepting changes - he'll change strategy, formation or individuals if something isn't working, if required putting own neck under blade and he is always a forward thinker -looks for the team in future, not own chair, means he backs youngsters and ready to put them on hot seats, to see how youngsters respond and how far they can stress under pressure - a poor Captain always will go for conventional safe route, which saves him if it back fires. This often makes this team disengaged & selfish - that why SRL looked like passengers under Tharanga & almost new team under Perera. And, that's why Imran was a legendary Captain - Misbah won't have been even mentioned within 6 months of retirement, had PAK not failed to chase 136 against one bowler.

    I think Perera will make SRL better, they are appointing Hathura, so it's a new start from scratch. I would have said that they'll lose 0-5 or 1-4 to BD in next series; now may that can improve up to even 2-3 (still will lose the Series, but compete better than Tharanga's team).
    Sorry bro no offense, but SL will crush Bangladesh next month.. this is the full powered SL squad including players like KJP , Asela and Mathews. not the squad that you play against earlier which included slow batsman like Chandimal,Milinda Siriwarada.Bangladesh is no match for this full powered SL team, plus now they have ultra aggressive captain in Thisara Perera and a coach who know every weakness in current Bangladesh team. I expect Sri Lanka to clean sweep this series.
    Last edited by Someone; 11th December 2017 at 12:49.

  54. #214
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,398
    Mentioned
    1466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone View Post
    Sorry bro no offense, but SL will crush Bangladesh next month.. this is the full powered SL squad including players like KJP , Asela and Mathews. not the squad that you play against earlier which included slow batsman like Chandimal,Milinda Siriwarada.Bangladesh is no match for this full powered SL team, plus now they have ultra aggressive captain in Thisara Perera and a coach who know every weakness in current Bangladesh team. I expect Sri Lanka to clean sweep this series.
    Let's see, it's just about a month - you got me scared, I have started shaking & sweating

  55. #215
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,457
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good start. They will certainly compete better under him. Being an all rounder will certainly help him as he will know what type of fields a bowler would want and also he can think like a batsmen. I think captains who have had some experience as bowlers will more than likely do well.

  56. #216
    Debut
    Apr 2011
    Venue
    Toronto (Dhaka)
    Runs
    20,398
    Mentioned
    1466 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasan123 View Post
    Good start. They will certainly compete better under him. Being an all rounder will certainly help him as he will know what type of fields a bowler would want and also he can think like a batsmen. I think captains who have had some experience as bowlers will more than likely do well.
    There are exceptions, like Ian Chappell, Mark Taylor, Mike Brearley, Wadekar, G Smith, Strauss, Ali Bacher, Woodfull, Arjuna, MSD....... and there are opposite examples as well - Botham, Waquar, Pollock, Sobers ... but in general historically, most successful or top reputed Captains had been all-rounders, or at least batting all-rounders.

  57. #217
    Debut
    Mar 2016
    Venue
    Sheffield
    Runs
    19,457
    Mentioned
    286 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMHS View Post
    There are exceptions, like Ian Chappell, Mark Taylor, Mike Brearley, Wadekar, G Smith, Strauss, Ali Bacher, Woodfull, Arjuna, MSD....... and there are opposite examples as well - Botham, Waquar, Pollock, Sobers ... but in general historically, most successful or top reputed Captains had been all-rounders, or at least batting all-rounders.

    That's why I said more than likely.

    TP seems like a good choice. Only problem with him is making the side on merit. Bowling is mediocre and his batting is inconsistent.

  58. #218
    Debut
    Aug 2012
    Venue
    NB, Canada
    Runs
    2,705
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who knows, might end up turning into the Imran Khan of Sri Lankan cricket if they manage to win 2019


    Babar Azam: Runs 8032, Average 44, Top Score: 204, Fav fan: CricFan2012

  59. #219
    Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi
    Runs
    21,933
    Mentioned
    974 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Thank you Thisara, for your services to Pakistan cricket exactly one year ago today


    Follow PakPassion on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •