Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Ramadan is a special time to increase ur faith and submission towards GOD, and not just 'a certain period' to have a hault at all of your wrong doings

"Beware of this world, for it is sweet and tempting.”

Debut
    Feb 2013
    Venue
    God's Own Country.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenKnightRises View Post
    Ramadan is a special time to increase ur faith and submission towards GOD, and not just 'a certain period' to have a hault at all of your wrong doings
    I know this is directed towards me but I see ramadhan as 24*7 devoted to thinking about God,praying to him,fasting,reciting whole Quran,going for taraweeh,cutting loose talks,fights,helping maa in iftaar preparations etc etc..

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaayal View Post
    I know this is directed towards me but I see ramadhan as 24*7 devoted to thinking about God,praying to him,fasting,reciting whole Quran,going for taraweeh,cutting loose talks,fights,helping maa in iftaar preparations etc etc..

Good for you, if that would be the case

Debut
    Jun 2009
    Venue
    DOHA-Rwp-London
    Runs
    Mentioned
    619 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Good opportunity for those also to start focusing on prayers too.

Interested in talking about your own game? Click on My Cricket

Follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Nov 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Eagerly waiting for Ramadan 2014

Can't wait, In'Sha'Allah we'll all have a blessed month.

I don't really like when some people label others as Ramadhan Muslims though because you don't know if this might be the month they do change.
    Last edited by Afridi96; 4th June 2014 at 08:29. Reason: .

They call me Harvey Specter.

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Runs
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by venomousx View Post
    every time you think you've got your diet and work-out routine all figured out, this month comes along like a troll.
    You can still work out after Tarawee prayer like I do

Debut
    Feb 2005
    Venue
    Cybertron, Guest of Optimus Prime
    Runs
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    im apprehensive about this eyar, not because I don't love ramadhan I do. but its gonna be tough. work, driving, keeping up with the kids, its gonna be ahrd work. But at the same time its the first ramadhan when my whole immediate family will be around. So some samosa's and pakoras from mum this year lol.

to be honest I eat sparingly during ramadhan now. cereal at sehri, 1 roti with some curry at iftaar and dates with some fruit. and that's about it. cant stuff myself anymore. on weekends mum or the mrs may cook some samosas etc but during the week ill try and stay clear.

biggest issue will be the time between the end of taraweeh and beginning of sehri. I will need to get a decent routine going in the first few days. Inshallah Allah swt will make it easy.

as for those paksitanis in Pakistan who don't fast. well shame on you. try keeping a 18+ hour fast, wimps.

Debut
    Mar 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    as for those paksitanis in Pakistan who don't fast. well shame on you. try keeping a 18+ hour fast, wimps.
    brother, this is against the spirit of ramadan. maybe they have their problems. one should't be arrogant and say look at me, i keep 18 hour roza at this age and you can't. ramadan is all about being spiritual and humble and feeling the pain of others.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    TGK coming with the heat. love it.

Quote Originally Posted by La Haine movie
    Jusqu'ici tout va bien. L'important n’est pas la chute, c’est l’atterrissage.

Debut
    May 2013
    Venue
    Pakistan-Italia-Deutschland
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just 5 more days to go

Debut
    Feb 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Still haven't bought the medjool dates. I need to find the time to visit the Whole Foods outlet soon.

Edit: Just tried searching for stuffed medjool dates and came across medjool stuffed inside bacon. Not quite the iftar staple I had in mind. I was thinking more along the lines of dates with almonds or walnuts instead of the pits.
    Last edited by Nostalgic; 23rd June 2014 at 06:22.

Silver-tongued seraphim circling the spire...
    Gather in the gallery in their best attire...

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Still eagerly waiting.

Debut
    Jul 2013
    Venue
    In My Home
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, after many many years. This time I am eagerly waiting for Ramdhan. Last few years I had no special spiritual emotions for this month, just fast the whole month and try to do good things.
    But this year I am very much eagrly waiting.

Debut
    Mar 2012
    Venue
    Bradistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Great Khan View Post
    im apprehensive about this eyar, not because I don't love ramadhan I do. but its gonna be tough. work, driving, keeping up with the kids, its gonna be ahrd work. But at the same time its the first ramadhan when my whole immediate family will be around. So some samosa's and pakoras from mum this year lol.

to be honest I eat sparingly during ramadhan now. cereal at sehri, 1 roti with some curry at iftaar and dates with some fruit. and that's about it. cant stuff myself anymore. on weekends mum or the mrs may cook some samosas etc but during the week ill try and stay clear.

biggest issue will be the time between the end of taraweeh and beginning of sehri. I will need to get a decent routine going in the first few days. Inshallah Allah swt will make it easy.

The first fast in UK is around 20 hours. Next year will be the longest fasts in the UK. The longest day of the year just passed us this Saturday gone, so it'll be part of Ramadhan next year.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I eat little and frequently during the year and I still have a hard time maintaning my weight. I don't know how I am going to last through the Ramadan, I can barely eat anything at Iftaar and Sehri and, yet, fasting time lasts around 19 hours. Does anybody have tips/recipes for a 1000+ calories sehri, mainly in liquid form?

"Uss Din Eid Mubarak Hossi Jiss Din Fer Milan Day"

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace be upon him), who said:

Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: Fasting is Mine and it is I who give reward for it. [A man] gives up his sexual passion, his food and his drink for my sake. Fasting is like a shield, and he who fasts has two joys: a joy when he breaks his fast and a joy when he meets his Lord. The change in the breath of the mouth of him who fasts is better in Allah's estimation than the smell of musk. It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).
    Fasting is the only ritual act which belongs to Allah SWT (another version more explicitly mentions: "‘All the deeds of Adam’s sons are for them, except fasting which is for Me"), because fasting is burning (like the Hell and fire in all traditions, "purifying") ; the month of "Ramadan", in terms of etymology, comes from the Semitic root RMD, and words like "rumud" (burning), "ar ramida" (roast on heated stones), ramad (ashes ; used in some Islamic Africal cultures to describe the child who's "exorcised"), ... all denote the idea of a purifying fire (the fire is a veil - hijab - of Allah SWT as per Abu Bakr as Siddiq ra in an authentic hadith) which purifies, from dawn to dusk (the solar symbol), man's links with its ego - eating, drinking, having sex, ... are lower levels of our carnal desires. On a higher plane, of course, sawm doesn't want you to abstain from eating, drinking, ... but to be totally involved in that "burning" process even on a spiritual ground: try to fight the "subtle shirk" in the forms of getting angry/greedy/... (all passions proclaiming the sovereignty of the "I"), watching TV/movies, ... that's not given to all of course and if you don't attain such state of self-purification it's not a sin obviously (!), but it should be a perpetual process - the word is important -, as the phases of the moon your soul should be gradually cleaned from manifest and subtle shirk, and ends up like "...and the moon, we have measured for it mansions (to traverse) till it returns like the old dried curved date stalk" (Holy Qur'an, 36:39)

Your rûh (buddhi of the Hindus, nous of the Greeks, ...) must play a solar/fire-like role in purifying your "I" (what Hindus call ahamkara), which should be the lunar - "receptive" - element during the holy month, and your "I" should at the end look like an "old dried curved date stalk".

So abstention (passive ; lunar) from eating, drinking, ... (and also I hope a lot of charity, esp. in our times) should ideally be joined with, why not, little sessions (active ; solar/fire) with friends and family on meditating the Qur'an, reading some Sufi poems, looking at the stars-filled sky during the night, ... anything which constitutes a remembrance of God or dhîkr - and "whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory" (Holy Qur'an, 59:24) - as Allah SWT says: "Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you" (Holy Qur'an, 2:152)

If you read back the initial hadith, the "formal" sawm is the "joy when he breaks his fast", whereas the more "subtle" sawm is "a joy when he meets his Lord", and the "(bad) breath" becomes "smell of musk" because moral judgements only function in the moral ("I") world.
    Last edited by akheR; 23rd June 2014 at 13:09.

Ex Oriente lux, ex Occidente dux

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    I live in Canada; My heart lives in Pakistan
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Around 1 week away from Ramadan - it's almost that time of the year again! Can't wait.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    So what's the meaning of 'sehri' and 'iftar'? I can Google them, but I suppose I'd get a more authentic response by shouting out here.

Debut
    Jan 2006
    Venue
    Behind you
    Runs
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Sehri = the morning. Or dusk. It's when you wake up to eat before the sun rises.

Iftar is the breaking of the fast at sunset.

Quote Originally Posted by La Haine movie
    Jusqu'ici tout va bien. L'important n’est pas la chute, c’est l’atterrissage.

Debut
    Jul 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im honestly not looking forward to it this year. I work in a hot and sweaty manufacturing environment with unsympathetic colleagues

Managed to just about survive last year! Had to take the last 10 or so days off work. Planning on doing the same this year.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Venue
    Indian Ocean
    Runs
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saqs View Post
    Sehri = the morning. Or dusk. It's when you wake up to eat before the sun rises.

Iftar is the breaking of the fast at sunset.
    Right, I think you mean dawn though.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Apna Karachi aik sau saath
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    im scared. first ramzan in a foreign country. dont have a muslim support group around me which def makes it easier if you see everyone else following the same ramzan schedule. And to top it off its almost 16-17 hours where I am. I will be happy if i can get to 20.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also its hard to get halal food. i dont have pork or anything but unless i have the option the food is not halal/zabihah which i eat. (I know its not right but atleast i dont claim it to be like some others). But I feel in Ramzan the least i should do is ONLY have halal food. Also namaz. Ive never been able to say it 5 times in america. impossible to do it at home and the local mosque is 30 min walk.

Oh God why is it so hard in this stupid country. Ramzan back home is so much fun and so eaasy

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarachiKing View Post
    Also its hard to get halal food. i dont have pork or anything but unless i have the option the food is not halal/zabihah which i eat. (I know its not right but atleast i dont claim it to be like some others). But I feel in Ramzan the least i should do is ONLY have halal food. Also namaz. Ive never been able to say it 5 times in america. impossible to do it at home and the local mosque is 30 min walk.

Oh God why is it so hard in this stupid country. Ramzan back home is so much fun and so eaasy
    Lol, one silver lining is that you will get your six-pack back . But I know what you mean. Halal food is hard to get. I hate cooking at home. And, this time will be a long, long fast.

"The boos I can handle. It's the silence of the educated fans that rankle…" - New Yorker Cartoon

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zane_ View Post
    Lol, one silver lining is that you will get your six-pack back . But I know what you mean. Halal food is hard to get. I hate cooking at home. And, this time will be a long, long fast.
    haha i doubt. you need to exercise. and i doubt i will be having healthy food. So it will prolly be junk/healthy food aaand not be the good stuff like samosas, pakoras etc. haha.

Have you had ramzan in the US before? it will be first time as i went home for summer break prev years

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha i doubt. you need to exercise. and i doubt i will be having healthy food. So it will prolly be junk/healthy food aaand not be the good stuff like samosas, pakoras etc. haha.

Have you had ramzan in the US before? it will be first time as i went home for summer break prev years
    Yep, this will be my third. But I don't have any commitments during the summer, so hopefully it won't take a toll. Cooking is my biggest concern. I used to room with a friend who used to do all the cooking but he's back in Pakistan .

"The boos I can handle. It's the silence of the educated fans that rankle…" - New Yorker Cartoon

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Eagerly Waiting

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    Wow, that was fast! Ramadan, and even Eid gone! Missing Ramadan.
    Itz comin again.!! That too was fast.Wow!

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Waiting for Ramzan Kareem..

Kyun Ziyaan Kaar Banun, Sood Framosh Rahun
    Fikr-e-Farda Na Karun, Mahw-e-Ghum-e-Dosh Rahun

Debut
    Jan 2005
    Venue
    New Jersey, NJ
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a food/family perspective Ramadan in the US could be much much different/difficult to adjust to...but spiritually it is a much much better experience than Pakistan...because the understanding of your faith you can attain here is much much deeper than what you can experience in Pakistan...that's not true for everyone of course but in my experience...when everything in your surroundings is pushing you away from your faith...seeing that same faith flourishing inside of you and the yearn for deeper knowledge and understanding...that is such a beautiful thing

try to connect to your local mosque...do what you can do get their for iftar and stay till taraweeh...most probably ppl will bring food from home for iftar and you will feel connected to your muslim brothers and make some friends at the same time

Debut
    Oct 2012
    Venue
    2nd Room on the left
    Runs
    Mentioned
    427 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    MashALLAH the holy month is about to start also my job timings will cut down to 6 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Arsal_AK View Post
    If Hafeez can get two hundreds in a game anyone can.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenKnightRises View Post
    Itz comin again.!! That too was fast.Wow!
    Indeed!

Can't wait to get my hands on those samosas and pakoras.

Hai yeh Josh-e-Junoon, hai yeh apna yaqeen, ke jo tum mein hai dum, woh kisi mein nahin!

Debut
    Mar 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Purpose of Ramadan - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

Ex Oriente lux, ex Occidente dux

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Tomorrow is the first Taraweeh here - so excited!!

Debut
    Oct 2004
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1644 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Mubarak to all!

For the latest updates on Cricket, follow @PakPassion on Twitter

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MenInG View Post
    Mubarak to all!
    Ramadan Mubarak to you too Miggy bhai.

By the way, how long will the fasts be in Bahrain?

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Karachi,Islamabad,Beijing,Moscow
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ramadan Mubarak 2014

Ramadan Mubarak

Ramadan Mubarak to All

Hamd: Aye Khuda
    Album: Kisi Din/Sargam
    Singer: Adnan Sami
    Music Director: Adnan Sami
    Lyricist: Maqbool Khwaja
    Music Label : T-Series

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y8IeN1oQOs

Speciality of Ramadan in Sehr

Khajla & Pheni with Milk

[/spoiler]

Contd....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mosques from Different Parts of the World in Ramadan

Mosques from Different Parts of the World in Ramadan

Cont ....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont ....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont .....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont ......

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sehr and Iftar

Sehr and Iftar

Cont ......

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont .....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont .....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont .....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free Sehri and Iftar in Different Parts of the World

Free Sehri and Iftar in Different Parts of the World

Cont ......

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont .....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont .....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont ....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont .....
    Last edited by KeyboardWarrior; 26th June 2014 at 17:30.

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inter-Faith Iftar Parties

Inter-Faith Iftar Parties

Cont ......

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont .....

Debut
    Apr 2013
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Where there is no war!
    Runs
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Such wonderful pictures of the most racially diverse religious group on the planet yet so much suffering amongst the same people as well.

Debut
    Nov 2011
    Runs
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Any info on when is the 1st day of ramadhan?

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did not feel like in Karachi. Mushkil hi lag ra ha koui Roza Rakhay :ponting

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Name:  gdppercapita.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  174.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by zane_; 28th June 2014 at 05:52.

Debut
    Jun 2014
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zane_ View Post
    Name:  gdppercapita.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  174.0 KB
    @zane_

bhai aaj roza hai US main? (28th)

very conflicting reports here

Debut
    May 2014
    Venue
    Karachi, PK
    Runs
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @zane_

bhai aaj roza hai US main? (28th)

very conflicting reports here
    Not according to the community here. Yahan pehla roza kal hai.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    Blimey, what a thread. Lovely pictures.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak everyone!

And remember Ramadan is more than just food and water

"And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Well, we decided to change our mind last minute, and we'll now start fasting tomorrow, Insha'Allah. Besides our local Masjid, no other Masjid in the surroundings were going to start fasting today.

Debut
    Aug 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak to everyone.

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak to all fellow ppers.

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak to everyone! Make the best use of this blessed month and let's all try and get closer to the book of Allah then ever before!

"And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe" - Surah Ibrahim (14:7)

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Came back from Taraweeh a few hours ago - atmosphere was great, Masha'Allah! Started my annual Ramadan Qur'an just now.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    Ramadan Mubarak to everyone! Make the best use of this blessed month and let's all try and get closer to the book of Allah then ever before!
    +1

Ramadan Mubarak to you too bro, as well as every PPer!

Debut
    Oct 2008
    Venue
    Lahore, Pakistan.
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Ramadan mubarak everyone!

He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.
    — Michel De Montaigne

Debut
    Sep 2010
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2522 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Square Drive View Post
    +1

Ramadan Mubarak to you too bro, as well as every PPer!
    JazakAllah Khair SD! You going to Pakistan or staying in Canada?

Debut
    Aug 2007
    Venue
    others´ hearts
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1034 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

The 'Ramadan Kareem' Thread [Merged]

Ramadhan Mubarak! May God bless each and every Muslim and may He accept everyone´s fasts. Amen.

"It sounds like you have a great strength of character and strong will" - Ellyse Perry about me.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ramadan Mubarak to everyone

May Allah SWT accept all our prayers this month and bless us with His mercy and kindness!

"Ramadan is the (month) in which the Quran was sent down, as a guide to mankind and a clear guidance and judgment (so that mankind will distinguish from right and wrong).." (Q 2:183)

Oh you who believe! Fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you many learn piety and righteousness" (Q 2:183)

Debut
    Dec 2009
    Runs
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Debut
    Oct 2013
    Runs
    Mentioned
    1711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Ramdan Mubarik everyone

May Allah infuse a better spirit in us,remember me in your prayers

Kyun Ziyaan Kaar Banun, Sood Framosh Rahun
    Fikr-e-Farda Na Karun, Mahw-e-Ghum-e-Dosh Rahun

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watsupdoc View Post
    JazakAllah Khair SD! You going to Pakistan or staying in Canada?
    No worries bro!

Staying in Canada this time around.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am having a doubt, is it allowed to take prescription drugs during ramazan?

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    You should take them anyway, doesn't matter if its allowed or not.

Debut
    Dec 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoon View Post
    You should take them anyway, doesn't matter if its allowed or not.
    I will but it is more to answer the person who saw me taking it and said it's forbidden.

Adieu Friends.

Debut
    Sep 2012
    Runs
    Mentioned
    4605 Post(s)
    Tagged
    36 Thread(s)
    That person doesn't seem like worthy of your time. Fools should be ignored.

Debut
    Oct 2009
    Venue
    Dubai
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by endymion248 View Post
    I am having a doubt, is it allowed to take prescription drugs during ramazan?
    Allah knows better but as far as my knowledge helps me, if you are fasting then technically you can't consume any medicine by any means (oral, injection, suppository, or even eye drops by some sections of religion) But Islam excuses you of fasting if the drug is necessary for good health.

Debut
    Aug 2011
    Venue
    Runs
    Mentioned
    2560 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munna View Post
    Allah knows better but as far as my knowledge helps me, if you are fasting then technically you can't consume any medicine by any means (oral, injection, suppository, or even eye drops by some sections of religion) But Islam excuses you of fasting if the drug is necessary for good health.
    This.

Ignore Mamoon, who pretty much cares zilch about religion.